Hell in a Cell 2019 - Card is not only subject to change, but is bound to

KawadaSmile

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, El-P said:

I dunno. Hauray & Carpentier basically made me a pro-wrestling fan. I mean, without them to make some JIP Snuka vs Haku match look like the coolest thing ever, I wouldn't be on this board talking nonsense. I still uses some of their famous phrases when I'm around my father. I'm not sure how some of their stuff aged. For the people who became fan since the 00's, I know Agius & Chereau are basically iconic and they sure do a terrific job. I was a huge Guy Hauray fan, mostly. Can't believe he became some kind of bullshit "neuro-coach" ! :lol: (then again, he totally had the charisma and promo ability to sell you any kind of shit and you'd buy it !)

(sorry for hitchjacking the thread)

I would definitely enjoy watching Cross & Bliss vs Kabuki Warriors. Fuck you WWE for cancelling the PPVs on TV !

There was a span of 2 years where I was unable to watch WWF because we only got cable in my town in 1993 so when I finally got it, Guy Hauray had now switched to be a heel color commentator (that's who Jean Brassard replaced) and I remember it was the most hilarious thing ever. His hard-on for heel Doink was pure awesomeness. I wish I could've gotten to hear more heel Guy Hauray.

(Don't worry, my buddies often use some phrases Guy & Édouard used back in the day. Also, IIRC, Jacques Rougeau also did color commentary with Guy & Édouard in between his Rougeau Brothers & The Mounti stints. In fact, Jacques Rougeau constantly making jokes about jobber Ricky Ataki was the funniest shit to me for a long time lol)

25 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Legit. They genuinely made it worse. Those matches actually just hurt my interest in the show as a whole. That's fucking pathetic.

They'd have been better off doing a hot 90 minutes and throwing a couple of dark matches in for the crowd.

The six man could be fun I guess. I feel like AJ hasn't been in a good match in ages though.

55 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

So where does Rollins rate as far as bad championship runs? Is he down there with those HHH reigns of terror in the early and mid 00s.

Well, he was handpicked by HHH himself to be the top guy, so dude has a nose for that.

Also, regarding AJ, he reached a point where losses or lack of programs don't hurt him at all. They pushed him really strong in his first couple of years (besides that bullshit loss to Jericho), so even if they aren't doing much with him, he is over and is credible enough to be inserted into any title scene without being hamfisted.

But on the other hand, they absolutely should use him more, at least to put other people over, such as Cedric. Styles losing really doesn't hurt him, and winning would be great for Alexander, but they insisted on having AJ keep the belt and not do anything with him. Heyman, man...

11 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Well, he was handpicked by HHH himself to be the top guy, so dude has a nose for that.

Also, regarding AJ, he reached a point where losses or lack of programs don't hurt him at all. They pushed him really strong in his first couple of years (besides that bullshit loss to Jericho), so even if they aren't doing much with him, he is over and is credible enough to be inserted into any title scene without being hamfisted.

But on the other hand, they absolutely should use him more, at least to put other people over, such as Cedric. Styles losing really doesn't hurt him, and winning would be great for Alexander, but they insisted on having AJ keep the belt and not do anything with him. Heyman, man...

If I'd have told anyone in 2016 when they were doing those matches that Jericho would have a better 2018 and 2019 than Styles, would anyone believe me?

AJ has been an afterthought but he's also been an underwhelming performer for a while now imo. I'm not sure if it's down to physical limitations or him just realising he doesn't need to go all out anymore because he's a made man and nothing in WWE matters anyway

AJ was blessed from the start. Incredible feud with Roman, money feud with Cena (which he has a winning record over, too) and a really good title program against Ambrose. After that, he never really needed to bust his ass, because those three feuds were so, so good. From in-ring performances to promos, he was a complete worker.

He occasionally has some good matches against the likes of Rico and Cedric, but yeah. Dude's not going as hard as before.

1 hour ago, FMKK said:

This card was better when it only had three matches 

I was fine with three matches, too. But a lot of fans have been complaining about it. So now we get a longer card with matches we've seen and no one is interested in seeing again. Could have been a 2-hour show, now it's been doubled. Careful what you wish for.

1 hour ago, SirEdger said:

There was a span of 2 years where I was unable to watch WWF because we only got cable in my town in 1993 so when I finally got it, Guy Hauray had now switched to be a heel color commentator (that's who Jean Brassard replaced) and I remember it was the most hilarious thing ever. His hard-on for heel Doink was pure awesomeness. I wish I could've gotten to hear more heel Guy Hauray.

I would love for this stuff to show up somewhere. Heel Guy Hauray was simply the best. He turned around the end of 1991 I believe, I do think he was a heel already at Royal Rumble 92. He was brillant and hilarious, Bobby Heenan-level of awesomeness. 

1 hour ago, SirEdger said:

Also, IIRC, Jacques Rougeau also did color commentary with Guy & Édouard in between his Rougeau Brothers & The Mounti stints.

It must have been only for the Quebec TV because we did not get that. I do remember Raymond showing up once alongside Guy & Eddie in full heel mode. 

The oddest thing was the short period after Hauray left and Raymond had like Lord Alfred Hayes because he spoke a little bit of French and also Par Patterson doing the announcing with him. 

So the majority of this will be show will be done the C level announcing team from RAW?  I can only think of a 1 or 2 Smackdown matches that mean anything.   I mean I would rather have them than Corey and Renee yelling at each other like children in this match but just weird

This has been a damn good match so far.  Love that they are trying to find new ways for weapons like this kendo stick chair

The crowd has popped the most in this match not for any of the elaborate, contrived spots involving 10 objects and taking 20 seconds to set up, but for Becky and Sasha punching the crap out of each other repeatedly. It's not as if I am saying something that's not been said a million times in these parts either. WWE makes pro wrestling more complicated than it really is. 

56 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Hey, so it seems Nattie vs Lacey is actually really good? We might've seen those two together for 238329x times but this time they area actually bringing it. 

Watching Lacey grow as a performer has been fun, but I fear she might never get the recognition she deserves for "reasons".

Lacey is going to end up with Baron Corbin Syndrome: got pushed too soon before they were ready so by the time they grow into their push the fans see them as undeserving of anything they get.