Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite Week 3 - 16 October 2019

FMKK

Coming off a hot show last week, there's loads on tap that should make for a fun show:

Rhio vs Britt Baker (she's a dentist) for the AEW Women's Championship

Lucha Bros vs Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus in the tag title tournament

SCU vs Best Friends in the tag title tournament

Jon Moxley & PAC vs Kenny Omega & Hangman Page

Chris Jericho vs Darby Allin in a street fight for the AEW World Heavyweight Championship

I'm looking forward to at least three of those five matches but also hoping they throw in a few more cool videos and promos to further establish the characters. So far a good job has been done in elevating Private Party, Sammy Guevara and Darby Allin so I expect similar for Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus tonight, even if Lucha Bros are probably winning the tournament overall.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FMKK said:

I expect similar for Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus tonight, even if Lucha Bros are probably winning the tournament overall.

As cool as the Private Party elevation was, Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus is the team that needs to be going all the way. I'd be very disappointed if the Lucha Bros advance tonight and end up winning. IMO, the tournament is a lot more interesting without the super-teams in it. Bucks were eliminated last week and it would be nice if the Bros can follow them out the door.

Based on the confrontation we saw in the first Dynamite, I'm tempted to say that the finals will be Lucha Bros vs SCU but I wouldn't be shocked if those teams mutually cost each other their chances. Best Friends vs SCU is the only matchup that I legit have no clue how they'll go tonight.

The best thing about SCU Vs. Best Friends is that one of the teams has to lose to get knocked out of the tournament. Because they're both boring as hell. Orange Cassidy is pretty damn over though, should probably get him away from the Best Friends. 

I would also get Marko Stunt away from Jurassic Express... 

I don't care about Riho/Baker. Jericho/Allin will be interesting though. 

I assume the Moxley tag ends in a no contest. 

Luchasaurus is apparently pulled from the tag match with an injury and is being replaced by Stunt. Really less than ideal but at least if Stunt eats the pin they can set up Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy for a future tag title shot when he's recovered.

That's unfortunate for Luchasaurus. But yeah, Jungle Boy and Stunt shouldn't be winning. 

5 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

If they want to establish the tag titles as important, they should put them on Private Party. If beating the Young Bucks isn't a springboard to bigger things, it kind of makes wins and losses meaningless.

Not every title needs to go to an established vet. They did that with the World Title.

With Luchasaurus out, Private Party should probably win.

Just now, Mad Dog said:

Watch when he gets in his truck. The Ford logo on his keys and steering wheel are super obvious and shot in a way to stand out.

Is that sort of thing a first for wrestling?

Smart if they're actually getting money from that.

1 minute ago, MoS said:

Britt is just not as over as they want her to be. 

As much as it might enrage Cornette and some others, it's great just how over Riho is becoming to the crowds through her matches.

No, I can see the trap they fell into with her but she's a miss so far.

I don't get Cornette's hate of Riho. Jungle Boy and Riho are both attractive young people that are good at getting sympathy. 

3 minutes ago, MoS said:

Britt is just not as over as they want her to be. 

As much as it might enrage Cornette and some others, it's great just how over Riho is becoming to the crowds through her matches.

Riho is so charismatic but Baker is not good. They need to phase her out of a featured position and keep her in dark matches.  

1 minute ago, Mad Dog said:

No, I can see the trap they fell into with her but she's a miss so far.

I don't get Cornette's hate of Riho. Jungle Boy and Riho are both attractive young people that are good at getting sympathy. 

He's just decided that she's fucking Omega so he therefore has to hate her