AEW Dynamite Week 3 - 16 October 2019

FMKK

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Worth noting that the solution to get Rey past his look involved retconning his unmasking (which was a good idea because WCW had morons who didn't know the merch value of masks) and also having Rey visit the pharmacy even more often. Marko would just go from looking young/small to looking small with a mask. Not sure if a bodysuit top would help there either but it's worth trying.

Penta's armbreaker finisher on a guy whose arms are that small was also an interesting visual

36 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I know people don't like the comparison, but Rey's looked like he's 15 for about 25 years now.

Rey finally looks like an adult now. 

It was always different with him anyway because of the colorful masks/costumes and flashy lucha style. 

15 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

I wonder how the perception of events changes if the Lucha Bros attack on Christopher Daniels takes place *after* the Lucha Bros/Jungle+Marko match. Since there is also a complaint that Penta/Fenix went long in their match but also wiped out Daniels quick to open the show.

I would agree with this.  The internal consistency of having a move lead to a stretcher job is much harder to swallow when all of the matches contain so many wild spots.  I'm not sure its enough to do the move on the floor and cripple Daniels but have Stunt take it later in the ring with a double stomp chaser and not do the same to him.  

I don't know about that. They might be playing on the fact that Daniels is the veteran of SCU (he's what, about the same age as Jericho?) thus, attacking him and having him stretchered out is still a cowardly move. Some could have the perception that Lucha Bros feel their best shot to beat SCU in the finals - if it comes to that - is to beat the Kazarian/Sky combo.

I'm kinda sorry to say, but not too much sorry because I've never been a big JR fan anyway, but thus far JR has clearly be the one thing I would put in the "miss" category in AEW presentation. I don't think he brings much to the table at all. He's spewing cliches about "being athletic", "being overlooked", "being small", "being physical" and "wins and loss matering", he has no idea how to put over people like Riho. He's ok, he's inoffensive (unlike Mauro for instance, who's a legit turnoff), he doesn't amper my enjoyment of the product at all, but Tony Schiavone is ten times better and could put over the matches and performers a whole lot more if he had more space to do so. I don't feel there's any chemistry between JR and Excalibur either. The whole "Jungle Jack" stuff is just annoying and clearly JR not getting at all what the appeal of Jungle Boy is. It might sound crazy, but Jim Cornette would be actually a terrific announcer for AEW if he put his ridiculous biases on the side. And really, Cornette & Schiavone together would be gold. JR may have brought name value to the company, but as far as an announcing in 2019 goes, he's at best neutral, at worst he's just not very good.

3 minutes ago, El-P said:

Why do you hate me ? Because I was an Asuka fan ? Why ? WHY ???!!!!

I don't hate you at all. You're one of my favorite posters.

BTW, you said that you "were" an Asuka fan, implying that you are no longer. What happened? 

Just now, C.S. said:

I don't hate you at all. You're one of my favorite posters.

BTW, you said that you "were" an Asuka fan, implying that you are no longer. What happened? 

Just kidding of course. Hey thanks ! 

What happened is that I totally stopped watching any WWE main roster product (and even gave up on checking NXT this week). I would still be a fan of course, I really love her, but since I don't actually watch her, well...

1 hour ago, El-P said:

I'm kinda sorry to say, but not too much sorry because I've never been a big JR fan anyway, but thus far JR has clearly be the one thing I would put in the "miss" category in AEW presentation. I don't think he brings much to the table at all. 

Did you listen to his new Podcast with Conrad about Taboo Tuesday? Like, the first half hour is him just being pissy & going off on a fan that said he was phoning it in & the mentioned Jungle Jack stuff. It's really funny hearing how pissed off about it all he is.

5 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Did you listen to his new Podcast with Conrad about Taboo Tuesday? Like, the first half hour is him just being pissy & going off on a fan that said he was phoning it in & the mentioned Jungle Jack stuff. It's really funny hearing how pissed off about it all he is.

Well, no I didn't and so I probably shouldn't. :) 

Plus, every time he says "Jungle Jack", I'm expecting Bison Kimura to show up and chop the fuck out of someone. And then I'm disappointed. I loved Bison.

I get why people are down on the whole Marko Stunt thing. I'm not a fan of it either, but I understand why it needed to happen.

1. They'd just done a hot angle to make Lucha Bros into dirty heels. 

2. With Luchasaurus hurt, there was literally nobody else to take his place that would make any sense, with how the brackets were structured, they couldn't just hold off until Luchasaurus healed up. 

But, once Pentagon caught Marko with that superkick, it should have the beginning of the end. 

Besides El-P who nailed it in his post, I’m surprised at the lack of talk about Moxley vs PAC I mean that’s how you build a match for the following week. It was such great execution of pro wrestling fundamentals. Mox is an unhinged violent maniac and wants to bloody Omega. PAC wants to win. He takes away the barbed wire bat and berates Mox. So Mox literally tells him him Fuck You with the Double Bird, DDTs and walks out. That was 100% Stone Cold! I loved it! It felt organic, electric and made me excited for a match. I don’t care about either before but now I’m excited for the match. Pro wrestling fundamentals work!

Match of the Night for me was the Lucha Bros vs Jungle Boy & Marko. If Cornette could look past his irrational hate, he would realize this was old school pro wrestling. An under-represented story in modern wrestling  is when heavy favorites underestimate underdogs. They worked this to perfection. The shine exposed the Lucha Bros’ arrogance. They took them lightly and they got shown up. The shine was so crucial because fans like underdogs that can actually win. The shine made you believe Cinderella could do it. Then when the Lucha Bros took over THEY TOOK THE FUCK OVER! Fenix is impressive but Pentagon Jr was cruel and mean torturing Marko. That was a glorious heat segment. Loved the hot tag to give you that little bit of hope before the decisive finish. Loved, loved that match. 

People seem to really like Darby Allin. I see the new age Jeff Hardy in him but I dunno didn’t click for me. I love the idea of him as an FIP in a established tag team. I think he would be great. The no hands quebrada was cool. But I dunno I have high standards for highspots artists and I thought Fenix and Young Bucks blow him away. I’ve only seen two matches of Allin. So keeping an open mind. Jericho looked great this AEW run has cemented his legacy as one of the all-time greats. 

Loved all the tag team wrestling of course!   I’m pretty level-headed about AEW I’m enjoying the shows. I attended the Boston show live. I think these shows are clearly better than WWE right now but there’s still room for improvement. I think they can still make it piping hot as they develop more characters and run more angles.