KawadaSmile

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, DMJ said:

- CM Punk being a talking head on a WWE Weekly Wrap-up Show is sorta interesting but not really? Kinda like if you went to go see Penn & Teller and all they did was talk about other people's tricks?

Not a fan of Penn & Teller's Fool Us I take it?

5 hours ago, El-P said:

I so wish Lana & Rusev would work elsewhere.

I know they are a real life couple and all, but I'd love to see what Rusev could do in another company by himself. He can talk, he can be a credible threat (at least similar to Hager). Leave Lana behind like Moxley did Renee. It's not like she is the reason he is popular.

Of course, Rusev in NJ would be cool, but I've always been a fan of male/female act dating back to Savage/Sherri, and Rusev/Lana had the potential to be a main event act together. She was definitely a big part of the reason why he got over big in the first place (he wasn't that good of a worker at first, honestly), and they both lost tons of steam when they split them up with the dumb Ziggler angle (BTW, first attempt at splitting them up IRL ?).

4 hours ago, Rocco said:

Trying to attach yourself to someone else's heat.  Truly a Triple H protege.  

My god what a fucking dork Seth Rollins is. Like, he had to be the first guy to challenge Punk. He is that dumb idiot you went to high school with who couldn't help but leap onto the most obvious joke at the most obvious time even though it was usually not crafted in a clever way or even remotely funny. Like, the guy who saw they were serving hot dogs in the cafeteria and had to make the lamest dick joke as quickly as possible because he was more proud of getting their "first" rather than actually saying something clever or truly subversive. He's the "Buck Fush" patch of wrestlers - just too damn obvious to be clever and also less cool than just coming out and saying "Fuck Bush" in 2004 or whatever. 

And I'm gonna just go ahead and say that he's probably bad at sex. He's bad at wrestling. He's bad at Twitter. He's bad at not taking pictures of his dick and not dating Nazis. If he couldn't keep it in his pants long enough not to be the first idiot to "call out" CM Punk, I'm thinking he's a 2-hump chump too. Lord knows what Becky sees in him, but, then again, wrestling's weird because I never really "got" Stephanie and Triple H either.

8 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Cole needs to do roids. PAC was even worse and look at how he is now.

Also Jinder looks legit and he was pretty unimpressive during his 3MB days. Do it Cole. Leave your noodle arms behind.

I swear, if I didn't know any better, I'd think that Superstar Billy Graham hacked your PWO account.

The Superstar Billy Graham statements are even worse when you look at the shape he's currently in & realize he's only alive because a girl died in a car wreck & was a donor for him to get a new liver. 

He also didn't bump like the guys of today. You can't just talk for two minutes & flex a few times with your shirt off anymore. 

I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see wrestlers get bigger but I don't think steroids in 2019-2020 & beyond is the answer. Even if I was a fan of Jinder. 

I also wish WWE would bring back the fat monsters. When I was growing up, you had Kamala, Earthquake, Tugboat, Yokozuna, Big Boss Man, One Man Gang, King Kong Bundy and the ultimate hoss in André the Giant. All of them were larger than life. Some, like Boss Man, deceptively quick. All were also quite tall.

Who are the hosses nowadays? Freakin' Ivar & Otis? That's part of the reason I want Braun Strowman to succeed. I just want guys that look different. Gimme an AOP push. Make WALTER a main roster top guy. We need more variety.

Which, I mean, that would also work with having a small guy too. But when the whole roster is those small flippy guys, like in AEW... man. 

29 minutes ago, Coffey said:

I also wish WWE would bring back the fat monsters. When I was growing up, you had Kamala, Earthquake, Tugboat, Yokozuna, Big Boss Man, One Man Gang, King Kong Bundy and the ultimate hoss in André the Giant. All of them were larger than life. Some, like Boss Man, deceptively quick. All were also quite tall.

Well, IMPACT has got Mack, who's fat and flippy and awesome. Flying fat guys are some of my favourites. Ditto Acey Romero. You also got Jessica Havoc there. AEW's got Awesome Kong, who despite being way past her prime can probably work a monster style better than most.

But yeah, big fat guys were great when they could really work like Quake, Yoko, Bossman, Gang. I miss this kind of body-type and work-style too. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Also, I get WWE's views on accidental blood plus the potential bad optics of having a woman wrestler all busted up and bleeding on TV, but stopping mid-match to try to patch up a cut A. never seems to work and B. just ruins the show. 

It worked for Brock vs. Cena ER12. Otherwise, I strongly agree.

I don't think Mauro is bad (or good for that matter) but why is he constantly yelling?

4 hours ago, Microstatistics said:

I don't think Mauro is bad (or good for that matter) but why is he constantly yelling?

Honestly, he wouldn't bother me that much if he would just talk less and stop yelling. The constant pop-culture references are annoying as hell, but you can shut someone off if he's not litteraly screaling in your face non-stop for two hours.

9 hours ago, sek69 said:

Kinda feel bad for Aliyah, she's been in developmental for what seems like forever (not saying she shouldn't be, but it must suck for her to watch everyone else move up) then she gets her nose kicked off her face tonight.

The worst part is that the kick didn't even look like it connected. Just some poor luck on her side.

13 hours ago, Coffey said:

Who are the hosses nowadays? Freakin' Ivar & Otis? That's part of the reason I want Braun Strowman to succeed. I just want guys that look different. Gimme an AOP push. Make WALTER a main roster top guy. We need more variety.

Which, I mean, that would also work with having a small guy too. But when the whole roster is those small flippy guys, like in AEW... man. 

Even Mantaur was alright.

Fat monsters is the reason why I love Heavy Machinery so much. Tucker is bland but technically sound and is a credible FIP, and Otis is Otis. Ivar is incredible with his flippy stuff, which makes me miss Bam Bam a lot. Big E is also a hoss ready for a top singles push, and I would say Sheamus is one of the best hosses ever.

In NXT we have folks like Keith Lee, Bronson Reed, and Killian Dain (is he injured?). Lars Sullivan could also be a hoss but he's unlucky and has his own issues.

So we have a decent number of big dudes around, but we rarely see them pushed anymore. Like, that Hoss Four-Way between Joe/Reigns/Lesnar/Strowman was really fucking good, and that match is a couple of years old now. We never really got anything like that again.

I noticed this going through this year's PWI 500. Just four wrestlers in the top 100 are listed above 300 lbs. Looking at 1991's initial list, I count 13 who credibly top 300 lbs. and that's without looking up Demolition or Jeff Gaylord.