Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/23 - 12/29 Holiday Season is Here

KawadaSmile

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Your French is excellent. Also, in Quebec, "nono" also means dumb.

Thanks, bubba! Took some classes during college, it was difficult but satisfying.

2 hours ago, El-P said:

That is seriously the most random reference on this board, ever ! Ulysse 31 ? Wtf ?! :lol:

That show fucking SLAPS. Conceptually speaking it's amazing.

It would be a shocker if a taped show two days before Christmas going up against a division-deciding football game doesn't get slaughtered.

I'm sure WWE knew this (not that the game would be deciding a division title, but that the NFL has been flexing more important games into prime time slots at the end of the season) and just figured "fuck it".

Flex schedule only applies to Sunday Night football, but there is a concerted effort to get the predicted big games on MNF late in the season. They just have bad luck with predicted contenders falling flat on their faces by the time that game comes around. Last night was one of the rare ones that managed to stay this relevant this long.

5 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Joe was incredible all night. The closing segment was also pretty damn good.

One thing about WWE is that I very seldom believe people when they are scripted to act tough, since it's obvious the people scripting have never been in real fights with people. I 100% believe when Joe says he knows about bad men and how to deal with them.

I've never had mamemochi (bean rice cakes) before. I am gonna ask my wife to get and make some for me. That's one of the great things about life in Japan: Even after living here for over a decade, there is still always new food to be discovered. Two days ago, I found a sour cream and onion popcorn snack mix at my local 7/11. Last week my wife cooked tamagoyaki (Japanese omlette) with cream cheese. She makes it for our daughters' obento all the time, but she'd never cooked it for me before. Delicious.  Always something. I can totally relate to Kana trying to recreate that in America. I'd be doing the same thing myself. 

Also, my younger daughter (5 y.o.) has those same chopsticks, but she doesn't use them any more when I'm around because I always praise her for using real chopsticks.

44 minutes ago, sek69 said:

So Roddy vs Austin Theory was good, and I know Theory was in Evolve, but he's not done much of anything in NXT and Roddy the NA champ going 50-50 with him reminded me of how Flair would have competitive matches with jobbers on Saturday Night. 

Unless I'm mistaken, this might be Austin Theory's first official TV appearance as an NXT member.