Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/23 - 12/29 Holiday Season is Here

KawadaSmile

17 hours ago, sek69 said:

So Roddy vs Austin Theory was good, and I know Theory was in Evolve, but he's not done much of anything in NXT and Roddy the NA champ going 50-50 with him reminded me of how Flair would have competitive matches with jobbers on Saturday Night. 

Nearly everyone in WWE thinks Austin is the second coming. John Cena gave Austin a huge hat tip on Instagram a few months ago too.

After his tryout, the WWE Performance Center coaches wanted Austin to report to the PC directly. They and Gabe had a huge tug of war over him. Really vicious and the end result lead to a lot of heat/resentment towards Gabe as Triple H ultimately ruled his favour.

PC coaches didn't want Austin to blow out his knees or shoulders doing modern indie style matches in EVOLVE. While Gabe thought he could make Austin an indie star and put some cred under his fingernails.

Gargano and Ciampa most recently held their hands up in the media saying "yeah our bodies can't hold up to the main roster schedule". Similarly Allesiter Black spent a lot of this year on the sidelines - hence the endless backstage vignettes.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Yeah, they'd rather him blow out his knees and shoulders doing strongman lifts and calisthenics drills. 

I mean that's an active thing for sure and you can knock that.

But Tegan Nox/Nixon Newell arrived in NXT with a blown-out knee at 22 years old. You can watch her last few months on the indies to see how she was favouring it.  

Velveteen Dream who is 25 years old in August already has chronic back problems, has been out injured the last three months and not for the first time either. The consequences of the modern style are real. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

No doubt the modern style takes its toll, but it's just rich to me that the coaches at the PC would take offense at someone going that route when they spend so much time putting folks through pointless drills. 

I honestly haven't heard anything about wrestlers being hurt/injured by drills or in-ring practice in a long time.

I was a solid part of the groundswell getting Bill Demott back in the day.

If anything the pendulum has swung the other way. You can get on D/L if you want to be and milk the system.

Also it seems kind of odd that Hunter would rule in Gabe's favor, but he has seemed to the one guy who's played the game (pun only somewhat unintended) perfectly so far.

Speaking of, Hunter let loose some howlers about how only the UK indies that were low quality with unsafe rings were being put out of business by NXT UK despite someone getting a career ending injury from a broken ring at a Gabe show.

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Also it seems kind of odd that Hunter would rule in Gabe's favor, but he has seemed to the one guy who's played the game (pun only somewhat unintended) perfectly so far.

Triple H is like the only guy who doesn't dislike Gabe or doesn't see through him. 

I don't have Triple H's deepest thoughts. But a fall guy or someone to fabe the heat on is really important. 

Also, I think the fact that they dragged that match for most of last night's episode played into the fans' reaction. It's bad enough we have to suffer through King Corbin's push, the idea of dragging this through the entire show was plain stupid by Bruce Prichard. But at least, Miz and Bryan had a banger of a match.

4 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

You hate to see it:

A lot of the criticisms of the modern high-risk style are well taken, but it's worth remembering that Orton spends an inordinate amount of time on the shelf every year while doing nothing but headlocks, stomps, and RKOs.

Sort of like Undertaker getting injured all the time in the mid 90s despite almost never leaving his feet

On 12/26/2019 at 7:41 PM, rovert said:

I mean that's an active thing for sure and you can knock that.

But Tegan Nox/Nixon Newell arrived in NXT with a blown-out knee at 22 years old. You can watch her last few months on the indies to see how she was favouring it.  

Velveteen Dream who is 25 years old in August already has chronic back problems, has been out injured the last three months and not for the first time either. The consequences of the modern style are real. 

Dream should've been on the main roster over a year ago. If he had, he probably wouldn't be having these Takeover style matches judging by how toned down Ricochet is compared to his NXT run an of course even before then.

Just switched on Raw to see Charlotte cut one of the most generic paint-by-numbers promos ever. It's weird how right when they are pushing her as one of the GOATs, she has never felt more irrelevant and "just there" in WWE. Becky replaced her as the ace, is doing a brilliant job at it, and the last angle Charlotte was in, she was playing third fiddle to Becky and Asuka, the woman whose undefeated steak she ended at Wrestlemania. And now she is wrestling Natalya for like, the 573858th time.