Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/03 - 02/09 Patrick Mahomes might be The Guy

KawadaSmile

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this case, they'd be well suited to do a sit down interview with Drew talking about his journey/love of wrestling, maybe an on-location thing with Christian talking about the attack on Edge, and show a couple of old Elimination Chambers (like the one Edge snuck into and won). 

31 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Apparently Raw will go as planned. The arena in Salt Late tweeted about an hour ago the show will go on as scheduled 

Am I the only one disappointed by this? A snowed out show where they would have to adjust on the fly and be forced to present something original and outside the box could've been a whole lot of fun. 

I watch one American football game a year - the Superbowl - so I am the opposite of an expert, but I thought that Damien Williams guy should really have been the MVP. Even I could make out that he was great throughout the game, even when they were trailing.

What Mahomes is doing is like Magic Johnson being FMVP at 22 and Derrick Rose being MVP at 21, but combined.

For a league that has legendary Quarterbacks all in the late 30s and early 40s (Rodgers, Brady, Roethlisberger, Brees), having two dudes (the other being Lamar Jackson, who I hope also makes history) in their early to mid 20s rule the league is astounding.

I'm of the opinion Brady might see this as the proper time to retire since A: he has nothing else to prove at this point and B: there's a clear shift happening where the new era of QBs (Mahomes, Jackson, maybe even Jimmy G too) is making their presence known. Mahomes seems to have that special "I'm going to win the game right now and you can't do a damn thing about it" aura that the greats have, and I doubt Brady wants to spend his twilight years getting schooled by the youngin's. 

8 hours ago, PhilTLL said:

At the quarterback position, yes. Mahomes won the league MVP last year in his 2nd season and now a Super Bowl (and MVP of that) in his 3rd, an unprecedented combination.

Interesting. I guess the equivalent in football (soccer) is the midfield playmaker and I guess they probably peak in their late 20s/early 30s. Teenagers who burst onto the scene and take the game by storm tend to be forwards and wingers who can get by on pure pace.

17 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Interesting. I guess the equivalent in football (soccer) is the midfield playmaker and I guess they probably peak in their late 20s/early 30s. Teenagers who burst onto the scene and take the game by storm tend to be forwards and wingers who can get by on pure pace.

I dunno maybe a good comparison would be if Zidane instead of winning both the Ballon D'Or and the World Cup in '98, did so in '94 when he was still playing for Bordeaux, but kept the rest of his real world career mostly intact.

46 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I'm of the opinion Brady might see this as the proper time to retire since A: he has nothing else to prove at this point and B: there's a clear shift happening where the new era of QBs (Mahomes, Jackson, maybe even Jimmy G too) is making their presence known. Mahomes seems to have that special "I'm going to win the game right now and you can't do a damn thing about it" aura that the greats have, and I doubt Brady wants to spend his twilight years getting schooled by the youngin's. 

Brady believes he has more years of good football ahead of him and I thinks he relishes to challenge of going throw for throw with the likes of Mahomes, Jackson, and Watson. Me being a patriots fan wishes that he and the team makes one final superbowl run next season and they draft an qb like Hurts or Tua so he can mentor them on his way out. 

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

I dunno maybe a good comparison would be if Zidane instead of winning both the Ballon D'Or and the World Cup in '98, did so in '94 when he was still playing for Bordeaux, but kept the rest of his real world career mostly intact.

Jeez, Zizou was 26 in 1998? He already kinda looked old as fuck by then.