Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No doubt they're going to cut talent. The traveling crew though, people that put together the stage, production, moving the equipment, etc., those employees will really get pinched.

I wonder if there's less fear of AEW since they're not in a great position to capitalize on talent. A boom market for wrestlers has completely dried up in a span of six weeks.

Drake Maverick being fired is such a boneheaded decision. He was just as much responsible as R-Truth for the success of the 24-7 division.

Lio Rush being fired sucks too, but he'll become a star elsewhere.

Gallows and Anderson are shockers because they just main evented WrestleMania. Then again, so did Eric Bischoff. I wonder how AJ Styles must be feeling right now. Not happy, I'm guessing.

Releasing Slater is also stupid because you could at least get a mini-program out of him with Drew and/or Drew and Jinder. 

The rest were expected but still sad.

Mike Kanellis lives another day (for now).

6 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

@rovert suggested on Twitter that NJPW could use Karl Anderson as the US liaison for New Japan and that would definitely be a smart move, in my book. He could only work the NJPWofA shows without going to Japan.

NJPW of America is a DOA joke - NJPW has zero clue how to navigate the American market - but if Karl can make some scratch for a couple of years while NJPW incompetently bankrolls this inevitably failed experiment, good on him.