Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

1 minute ago, Loss said:

Ember Moon always struck me as someone really solid in the ring who was weighed down by a gimmick that didn't really fit her. Hope she does well.

She was the victim of poor timing I think. I think they were just about to start pushing her big when she had a long term injury.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AEW should sign any and every woman it can get its hands on - when it's able to - because the AEW women's division is absolutely abysmal. Ember Moon, Sarah Logan, and Maria (as a manager) would be an immediate shot in the arm.

I don't think AEW as a rule should be stacking its roster with WWE castoffs, but when it comes to the women and tag divisions, the more the merrier IMO.

1 minute ago, C.S. said:

AEW should sign any and every woman it can get its hands on - when it's able to - because the AEW women's division is absolutely abysmal. Ember Moon, Sarah Logan, and Maria (as a manager) would be an immediate shot in the arm.

You have to sign Mike Bennett to get Maria and no one wants that.

Honestly, the best thing for Mike - maybe not personally, but certainly professionally - would be for him and Maria to get signed to different companies. He really needs to break out of her shadow, radically reinvent himself, and become a star in his own right.

I mean, it's possible. TNA fans loved The Miracle, didn't they? 

1 minute ago, Strummer said:

I guess Ember and Mickie being released isn't official. It's being reported several places but not confirmed

Mickie hasn't been used in forever, but I guess they're no longer worried about her joining Nick in the NWA. 

30 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Mickie hasn't been used in forever, but I guess they're no longer worried about her joining Nick in the NWA. 

It seems like Mickie's real value is to be a veteran hand who can work house shows with younger wrestlers who need ring time. With the major companies doing that less and less, I wonder if those opportunities are sadly going to shrink.

7 minutes ago, FMKK said:

In times of unprecedented turbulence, at least we can still count on Seth Rollins being the biggest fucking geek alive.

"Won't someone think of the company" at a time when they just purged people during a pandemic is a line I thought even he wouldn't cross, but I suppose those McMahon boots taste mighty good.

3 hours ago, sek69 said:

Speaking of Japan, reps from pretty much every wrestling company met with the government today. I couldn't even begin to imagine US companies doing that without backstabbing each other before they even get in the door. 

That annoyed me to be honest. We are about 10 days to two weeks into the rapid spread of the virus and we're pretty much walking a knife's edge over whether there will be an explosive outbreak like New York. We're under a State of Emergency where we're supposed to refrain from nonessential activities. I have no idea what these wrestlers are hoping to achieve wasting the government's time and taxpayer's money posing for group photos. Nobody in Japan considers pro-wrestling to be the backbone of sports or the anchor of the entertainment world. I know they want to get paid, but a testing kit for each wrestler? There's barely any testing kits for the general populace. 

4 minutes ago, sek69 said:

"Won't someone think of the company" at a time when they just purged people during a pandemic is a line I thought even he wouldn't cross, but I suppose those McMahon boots taste mighty good.

It's hard to work out whether he's a Prichard-type knowing stooge or just an absolute dullard

8 minutes ago, ohtani's jacket said:

That annoyed me to be honest. We are about 10 days to two weeks into the rapid spread of the virus and we're pretty much walking a knife's edge over whether there will be an explosive outbreak like New York. We're under a State of Emergency where we're supposed to refrain from nonessential activities. I have no idea what these wrestlers are hoping to achieve wasting the government's time and taxpayer's money posing for group photos. Nobody in Japan considers pro-wrestling to be the backbone of sports or the anchor of the entertainment world. I know they want to get paid, but a testing kit for each wrestler? There's barely any testing kits for the general populace. 

The reporting was that Tanahashi was making the case that pro wrestling should be the last thing they reopen. Is that incorrect?

4 minutes ago, FMKK said:

It's hard to work out whether he's a Prichard-type knowing stooge or just an absolute dullard

I would give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's trying to go the Hunter route to ingratiate himself to management, but goddamn does he say some galaxy brain level shit way too frequently for that to be the more likely route. I can only imagine the amount of strained eyeballs in the locker room from rolling them at this idiot. 

14 minutes ago, ohtani's jacket said:

It's fucking farcical mate. Wales only has 1,300 testing kits. SANZAR is basically bankrupt so the Lions are playing a game at home against NZ in 2021 before we go on tour to support the All Black's. Although, I'll say this, NZ has had the best response of any country to the virus. 

Australian rugby will die I think. It's been struggling anyway. 

Shit like this makes me think that maybe I underrate Seth Rollins and that he is secretly a great heel.

And then I see him "in character" on RAW or PPV and realize, no, he's only accidentally a great heel IRL and that, when he's "in character," he's just flat-out boring.