Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 05/25 - 05/31 I dunno I just feel sad

KawadaSmile

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was atrocious, worse than anything on the last two pay-per-views that I watched, and by far the worst possible matchup for Asuka.

If you're not good at those convoluted powerbomb and suplex combos and other three-person spots, JUST DON'T DO THEM. That's not like a meat-and-potatoes part of anybody's arsenal.

WWE is trying a crowd. But it's just not working for me. I guess it's better than not having it, but I think the problem is that it's more a consistent faint noise instead of reacting to what's happening in the ring, or at least it comes across that way. They are much closer to the action on AEW shows and behave like rowdy wrestling fans. You see the movement in the background to go with the noise. I don't really get that here.

4 hours ago, PhilTLL said:

I actually started paying attention to this, and that so-called double power bomb before the break just now should have been edited out. That was one of the worst things I've ever seen in wrestling. I just hit record on the DVR so I can make a clip out of that bullshit.

What was your issue with it? Just how hard it was for them to get Nia up & walk her into position?

21 minutes ago, Coffey said:

What was your issue with it? Just how hard it was for them to get Nia up & walk her into position?

Yeah, the whole thing was way too difficult and took about four times as long as it should have. Nia oh so carefully let go of the rope like a preschooler on a jungle gym. They tiptoed her over like they were trying to move a sleeping preschooler from the carseat to the bed. And then, worst of all, Natalya very clearly yelled "drop!"

14 hours ago, PhilTLL said:

Yeah, the whole thing was way too difficult and took about four times as long as it should have. Nia oh so carefully let go of the rope like a preschooler on a jungle gym. They tiptoed her over like they were trying to move a sleeping preschooler from the carseat to the bed. And then, worst of all, Natalya very clearly yelled "drop!"

I don't disagree with any of that. I did like when Nia exploded through the table when they finally got her over there though. 

I reckon in the future they won't try to do any feats of strength with the women where Nia is on the receiving end though. 

On a brighter note, Nia must have laid in some decent strikes because Meltzer and others are reporting that she's hurt Kairi Sane yet again. This time, a deep head cut during a taped match for an upcoming Raw. Maybe Nia ought to get her ass back to the performance centre to learn how to work before she gets a TV push.

They did the throw-into-the-stairs spot and apparently Kairi caught the point of the stairs head on and got busted open bad enough they had to stop to clean it up. 

Now it's certainly possible it was just a freak accident, "shit happens" moment. WWE does that spot so many times it would stand the law of averages would catch up eventually. Of course considering the folks involved, there's no reason to give Nia the benefit of any doubts.