WWE TV 08/24 - 08/30 HUGE News!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

LE GRAND CHIEN

Yeah, this is exactly why that nickname always sounded stupid to me. Because it's completely idiotic when said in French. :lol: (in all fairness, that's not the only case, far from it)

So, in other news, I guess Kross signed in the *right* company after all. Well, with his injury, maybe they'll do something with Scarlett, it seems like she's basically been reduced to play animatronic during an intro, what a waste...

In Portuguese it sounds unnatural too. Cachorro Grande (which is a band's name) is not as cool as CACHORRÃO, even if it is literally correct.

Scarlett wrestling would be nice. It kinda feels that the Women's Division is heel-heavy now with Mia Yim probably leaving, but maybe they can do *something* with her.

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

In Portuguese it sounds unnatural too. Cachorro Grande (which is a band's name) is not as cool as CACHORRÃO, even if it is literally correct.

Scarlett wrestling would be nice. It kinda feels that the Women's Division is heel-heavy now with Mia Yim probably leaving, but maybe they can do *something* with her.

Cachorro Grande sounds like a 1940s era Mexican wrestler.

Granted it was in AAA so not  exactly the fairest place to determine one's ability, but Scarlett wasn't exactly showing any signs of in ring brilliance last time I saw her wrestling.

Also not surprised the guy with the prominent "molon labe" tattoo is deep in the conspiracy kool aid.

Scarlett was an excellent character in Impact and shined in intergender matches there. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Also not surprised the guy with the prominent "molon labe" tattoo is deep in the conspiracy kool aid.

Well, you learned something everyday (had to google the thing as I'm totally ignorant is those matters). Why am I not *that* surprised though ?

4 hours ago, El-P said:

Yeah, this is exactly why that nickname always sounded stupid to me. Because it's completely idiotic when said in French. :lol: (in all fairness, that's not the only case, far from it)

Same in German; the star constellation Canis Major in German is usually called by the literal translation "Großer Hund".

4 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT

(...)

DER GROSZE HUND

I like that 18th century spelling ("ß" was introduced as a separate letter in the German language formally during the 19th century - though when using capitalized spelling, using two normal "S" is the common way to write it, even though the ISO standard introduced an upper case version of "ß" something like 10 years ago).

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

I'm not sure what's funnier/sadder right now: NXT turning into a breeding ground for conspiracy theory brain worms, or UFC stans cheering Uncle Dana's RNC speech after yelling at reporters to "stick to sports".

Not to mention all the "shut up and dribble" comments directed at NBA players in recent days.

3 hours ago, Robert S said:

I like that 18th century spelling ("ß" was introduced as a separate letter in the German language formally during the 19th century - though when using capitalized spelling, using two normal "S" is the common way to write it, even though the ISO standard introduced an upper case version of "ß" something like 10 years ago).

Ohh, learned something new today. I didn't know the SZ spelling was more old timey. Basically the only thing I know about the German language other than very, very basic spelling is the Schadenfreude concept.

24 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

oh shit it's sami zayn

Guess I was right, WWE must have told the folks voluntarily staying home they were going to stop getting paid. Everyone's back except Bryan who famously gives no Fs about money (and also has Brie out there getting that People Magazine cash to cover the new baby expenses). 

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

Guess I was right, WWE must have told the folks voluntarily staying home they were going to stop getting paid. Everyone's back except Bryan who famously gives no Fs about money (and also has Brie out there getting that People Magazine cash to cover the new baby expenses). 

Or they're saving him for This Tuesday in Texas Payback. 

1 minute ago, MoS said:

They should SWERVE us all by Reigns coming out in the main event and just destroying both Fiend and Strowman. Put them and all of us out of misery. They can just declare him the new champ after that

My vision would be him destroying those fools and signing the contract over their bodies.