Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/24 - 08/30 HUGE News!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I understand it, all you need to provide to sign up for Thunderdome is a name (which you can just make up) and an email address (creating a burner account is just about the easiest thing in the world). Any time you give people a platform with a cloak of anonymity, some people are going to take of advantage of it by broadcasting the garbage in their souls to the world. If WWE forced people to buy virtual tickets or otherwise provide proof of identity to participate, that kind of behavior would disappear in a hurry.

Also, I really hate this booking trope of "NXT star loses title--->NXT star debuts on main roster"

It's tired and predictable, and given that NXT is on TV as a third brand and there is crossover between the brands you can't go with the "NXT is a separate entity" logic that they might have used 3-4 years ago

I think it's fucking stupid to have Keith Lee lose his title and then show up on RAW with zero momentum.  That's bad enough.  But then they have to go and tweak his presentation too?

And they wonder why people who are mega over in NXT get moved to RAW/SD and struggle

21 minutes ago, cm funk said:

So.....they change Keith Lee's look, his music, and put him in a 4 minute match where the focus isn't really on him and he disappears while the real stars brawl?

Sounds about right

His music sounded like the most blatant ripoff of Lesnar's theme. Impressive, really.

It's a mixed bag. He's being featured with the main eventers right out of the gate, but then he's not really the focus of anything. He's gonna have a PPV match against Orton, the top heel, but probably won't win it.

Also gotta love how the single NXT main eventer they didn't debut as "oh this dude *was* the NXT Champ" was Adam Cole. Fucking hate that.

Maybe Rhea was champ too? I'm confused.

Apparently someone put up the mugshot of Sonya's stalker on the screen during the Sonya-Mandy match as well. 

Also I have to agree that racists/trolls/morons certainly always have existed, but in the last 3 years have felt extremely comfortable airing their views in public ways not common before. 

26 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Also I have to agree that racists/trolls/morons certainly always have existed, but in the last 3 years have felt extremely comfortable airing their views in public ways not common before. 

This. 100% this.

However it seems that Justin gets a little upset when we try to connect that with Mr. Trump. I can only wonder why.

21 minutes ago, jiraffejustin said:

You guys are crazy if you thought trolls weren’t comfortable being trolls before. 

The openly and unabashedly racist ones used to have at least a little restraint unless you were on the real bad parts of the interwebs. 

17 minutes ago, sek69 said:

The openly and unabashedly racist ones used to have at least a little restraint unless you were on the real bad parts of the interwebs. 

I won’t keep this dragging on since it’s sort of hard to dig up evidence either way. I just, anecdotally, remember people doing things like this as long as I’ve used the Internet. I remember white kids I knew in school writing purposely nasty things, some racial some not, on walls at school. I’ve seen nasty things written in bathrooms. Those are the same level of anonymity that you can have by providing a new email to WWE and having your moment to “shine”. 

and to respond to that insinuation about me from the other guy.... damn, bro you sure dunked on me.

53 minutes ago, jiraffejustin said:

and to respond to that insinuation about me from the other guy.... damn, bro you sure dunked on me.

I wasn't attempting to "dunk on you" whatever that means. But, let's just stop this here. We obviously have wildly different political views, and this is Pro Wrestling Only, not the place for us to discuss those views.

16 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I have no idea where those "Roman is a heel" rumblings even come from. I mean, Bray Wyatt is a monster clown, and Braun just slammed Little Miss Bliss not a week ago. Those two aren't really faces.

At best, Bray's a tweener right now but we haven't seen enough of interactions justifying the notion that he'd be babyface. If we had more interactions between The Fiend and Alexa Bliss that could've lead us to that, maybe but given they pulled Alexa out of the show with Roman's return, we'll never know.

16 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I have no idea where those "Roman is a heel" rumblings even come from. I mean, Bray Wyatt is a monster clown, and Braun just slammed Little Miss Bliss not a week ago. Those two aren't really faces.

He was more aggressive than any point since the days where the Shield was destroying everyone. Plus they didn't play his music after he laid everyone out, which are two noticeable presentation differences for someone who's presentation was one of the more highly managed ones in the company. 

Yeah, but like... is that enough to say "oh he's a bad guy"? I mean Austin was probably the most ruthless sob in the company and he was for the longest time a face.

Maybe it's just an edge to his character that people wanted him to have for a long, long time. I sure don't want him talking about beanstalks anymore.

17 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Maybe it's just an edge to his character that people wanted him to have for a long, long time. I sure don't want him talking about beanstalks anymore.

Yeah the primary thought running through my head (well, after "wasn't he concerned about covid"") was "this is how he should have been presented the whole time".

56 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Yeah, but like... is that enough to say "oh he's a bad guy"? I mean Austin was probably the most ruthless sob in the company and he was for the longest time a face.

I mean, the thing that made most think that Roman acted heelish wasn't the spears on both Braun & Bray but something he said to Braun outside the ring "You couldn't handle the responsibilities of being champ" or something like that (don't remember verbatim but that was something like that). That's not something I would've seen a Stone Cold say as a babyface, even as ruthless as he was.

16 minutes ago, sek69 said:

He said "I made you, you wouldn't be a monster without me" which is at both heelish and kind of fourth wall breaking at the same time. 

OK, thanks, wasn't sure what he exactly said but now that you mentioned it, I think I heard him say that.