Payback 2020 Roman is The Guy

KawadaSmile

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MoS said:

Can someone figure out how a supernatural entity that does not get hurt by multiple sledgehammer shots to the head got punked by a groin shot

Jason Voorhees kinda sold punches on the 1989 classic Jason Takes Manhattan, so I guess a groin shot is acceptable.

more like they figured out the Fiend being invincible would be a ridiculous concept from the start and decided to scale him down

and seth is a geek

I was in the Thunderdome for the Main Event and I have to say that the whole experience was very lackluster.

The feed you get as a fan is VERY laggy. We get different angles then you get on the network but the ones we got were VERY laggy. The crowd noise is all FAKE. I screamed at the top of my lungs multiple times and you couldn't even hear it on either stream. So it's obvious it's all pipped in noise during the show.

The only part that was cool was finding yourself during the stream on the network but I also noticed that my actions didn't match what I was doing in the present. So I am sure that it was under a delay for obvious reasons.

I wish they would let the people in Thunderdome give feedback but we didn't get the chance or anything. It's an interesting idea but the execution is lacking TREMENDOUSLY!

They need to let the fans know where they are in the crowd. So that way you can show friends and whatever. Also they give you a call time. Mine was 9:15 which was The Main Event. So the fans are changed out every match it seems. I am glad I got the Main Event though. I was afraid I was going to get the divas match. lol

I give the experience a 5/10.

11 hours ago, Dale Wolfe said:

Miracle Violence Connection do certainly have a lot of dreary matches in their catalogue (there is one against Hansen & Spivey that may be the biggest disappointment ever) but there is a match from 1990 against Misawa & Kawada that is just fucking brutal and does redeem them as a concept.

(...)

Is the Hansen & Spivey match the one with the "not the legal man" call by Joe Higuchi that totally killed the match? Yes, I remember that match to be very sleep-inducing.

The result is fine, I guess, but I'm not a fan of the heel turn.

Just feels real lackluster.

Like, why not save the Heyman Alliance reveal until the match itself? That would've been interesting. 

Someone compared the turn to Austin in 2001, but unless I'm misremembering it, in the TV before WrestleMania 16, Austin and Vince were not aligned yet. Having Heyman revealed as Reigns' new manager didn't seem like enough of a gesture for him to be a full-blown heel while still being too much of a gesture for Sunday's "turn" to be at all shocking.

Just feels like a "non-event." 

On 8/30/2020 at 9:23 PM, PeteF3 said:

As someone who couldn't possibly be compelled to comment on modern-day WWE, I'll only add that after going through the '90s Yearbooks my opinion on the MVCs lies much, much closer to NintendoLogic's than anyone else's here. Along with Ultimo Dragon and Koji Kanemoto they were the biggest disappointments of the set.

Yeah MVC is a cooler idea on paper than in execution. There were nights where they clearly just wanted to go in and hold legbars. Ultimo is a guy who I think was the reason a lot of us sought out WAR shows, but now the Ultimo matches are typically the least interesting thing to me on those same WAR shows. 2000s Kanemoto > 1990s Kanemoto.