Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/07 - 09/13 Brazilian Independence Day!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

In fairness, 36 years is an eternity in this company. However, the Briscos were supposed to have jobs for life as a condition of the GCW sale. Just goes to show that a verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.

I mean he is 73. I think they more than kept that end of the bargain. He should be retiring and enjoying his life. Not putting in the stupid hours WWE wants.

It's not like he was sitting in the office with Vince till 3 AM every day,  at least not at this point. He was the guy who'd go to amateur wrestling meets to scout for talent. Obviously not a job he can do right now, but it's not like WWE is in a state where it can't afford to keep a guy around who set the dominoes in motion for Vince to win the war in 1984.

6 hours ago, sek69 said:

Sara Stock getting released too. 

AEW, pay attention. Me want Thunder Rosa vs Sarita yesterday. And as a veteran working with all the young inexperienced girls (Conti, Jay, etc...), she probably ain't the worst idea either.

6 hours ago, sek69 said:

Yeah looks like a lot of the furloughed people are getting the official word now that they got the axe.

Yeah, the whole "But they'll get hired back when things get better" thingy seems like complete bullshit now, uh ? Hey, gotta pay for the Thunderdome production cost...

Whomever AEW brings in, do they have to drink the Cody & Brandi Rhodes Kool-Aid? I'm not sure if I can think of a worse way to debut Rusev/Miro than in a wedding storyline with Kip Sabian, plugging Twitch & doing an anti-WWE glass ceiling/brass ring promo. With a 1999 Eminem haircut to boot.

So even if great talent is released from WWE & winds-up going to AEW, I don't have a ton of faith. It's even more dire straits for the women. And I actually think the landscape of AEW is better than WWE!

As a whole, the lay of the land in the United States right now, wrestling wise, politically or any other way, just looks like shit.

I feel like talent would be better off trying to go to Japan. If for no other reason than to get out of the damn United States where we're going to hell in a handbasket.

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

Thankfully, he no longer has to do embarrassing lowbrow wedding angles in WWE. Now that he's in AEW, he can do serious sports-based wedding angles.

This made me laugh because Sabian and Ford really are engaged, right?  So, AEW only does wedding angles with actual couples!