WWE TV 11/16 - 11/22 Bolsonarismo got fucked

KawadaSmile

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, KawadaSmile said:

GIVE IT TIME, BUBBA

You're probably right, but it's been kind of mind blowing to me that the only person he's been made to look like a geek against was Vince himself (which happens to everyone in the company) and that is insane to me considering the people who have been in that role before.

9 hours ago, sek69 said:

Goddamnit this pandemic sucks because Big Money Drew vs the Tribal Chief would be an amazing draw right now after the promos they can do.

If I was them, I would've held this off and had Drew win the Rumble to challenge Roman at Mania.

1 hour ago, FMKK said:

If I was them, I would've held this off and had Drew win the Rumble to challenge Roman at Mania.

Still ways to get there. They can have Drew take Roman to the limits and Roman get himself DQ'd, then, with Jey, beat down Drew to an extreme degree post-match and Miz cash in. Drew wins the Rumble to get revenge on Roman and take his belt instead.

There are ways to do it. WWE just aren't great at booking series' and making rematches interesting so I always tend to assume they're better to just save stuff. That works as an angle, though I fear that Drew is going to have to suffer through a few months with The Fiend and god knows what state he's going to be in after that ordeal. 

11 hours ago, sek69 said:

Funny how Lana got put through a table about 47 million times and is still available for Survivor series, but Mandy & Dana are out after one attack each.

Mandy might be legitimately injured. She came down awkwardly when Nia threw her out of the ring last week and had to be attended to by medical personnel. Yeah, I know. An injury involving Nia Jax. Stop the presses.

13 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Orton, age 40, is actually having a low key amazing year in terms of match quality. The worst one was against Edge and even then the issues were more length than anything.

Well, I guess you could say the last part if you mean that by running 36:35 it was 36:32 too long. I doubt you could cut that match together to a decent 5 minute match.

Basically every single competitive televised match he had this year was good.

A shortlist:

• The feud with Drew McIntyre was long, of course, but it did provide great matches. The first two of their series was great, especially the Ambulance match. Yesterday also featured a solid showing. The weakest one, the HiaC match, was still good, but it did suffer from being too long.
  • His series of matches against AJ Styles as the beginning of the year were good, and he clearly showed he was willing to put some work in this year. Crowd was going wild, and he even did stuff like a Styles Clash. 
  • The 2nd match against Edge, aka the greatest wrestling match ever, was a legit great match. It had some weird shit like piped in crowd noise, when it was clear there was no one doing any noise.
  • The match against Keith Lee where he lost in quick and decisive fashion was also a damn fun sprint. The triple threat against Lee and Rollins deserves mention, too. 

If we include matches that were basically segments, like his one against KO or against Christian, it becomes even better because they served a purpose, and in the case of the latter, it was truly effective. 

Roman vs. Drew doesn't feel like a fresh WrestleMania match to me. We've seen it before. Hell, we've seen it at WrestleMania. Don't get me wrong: It's great for Survivor Series. Not so great for WrestleMania IMO.

Especially if they have Roman vs. Rock lined up.

Yes, people will bitch about WWE giving such a plum spot to yet another part-time wrestler, but it makes the most sense after Roman vs. Jey and with the whole "Tribal Chief" gimmick.

Everything Roman does feels new now since he's finally being used the proper way for the first time since the Shield was wrecking fools. 

Roman vs Drew would feel like an actual Mania caliber match now as opposed to yet another "lets anoint Roman" match that ends with him getting the rug pulled from under him. 

34 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Roman vs. Drew doesn't feel like a fresh WrestleMania match to me. We've seen it before. Hell, we've seen it at WrestleMania. Don't get me wrong: It's great for Survivor Series. Not so great for WrestleMania IMO.

I forget that match even happened and I watched that WrestleMania. Roman talked it briefly on a podcast on the network and I completely forgot it happened till they showed clips as he was speaking about it. That was Romans first match back an you can tell he was trying to get back in the groove, he admitted he rushed back too soon just to make it on Mania which is kinda funny considering he left before Mania this year. 

Them being on opposite brands allows them the option of keeping them separate to some extent if they really want build for Mania. 

Both guys are completely different from where they were 2 years ago so I'm cool with it. My main concern is how they book it and how Drew comes out of it.

I personally find Drew as boring as watching paint dry. He did a good job of getting into a lot better shape & making the most of his time away from WWE, but I'm just not interested in him at all, in any capacity, not just at the main event level. I would prefer Jinder over him to be honest. So Drew Vs. Orton could not appeal to me any less.

Meanwhile, Tribal Chief Roman Reigns is the best thing going in all of WWE. 

The Rock Vs. Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania would be insane & no way I would miss that. Granted, getting The Rock to commit might be a pipe dream. That being said, if it's Roman Vs. Drew, I don't think I would bother. 

Don't get me wrong, I would rather see Drew than the likes of The Big Show, Kane or The Undertaker again, that's for sure. But he just doesn't really do anything for me.

I don't think Rock will ever come back to wrestling, but I would like to see what would happen if he expressed interest in having a match with Roman. Considering he broke his no politics rule to publicly endorse the opponent of Vince's BFF which VKM trait would win: his legendary pettiness or his willingness to put nearly everything aside to make money. 

(Plus there's also the small detail of the people who insure Hollywood productions to not want him to go near the COVID pit that is WWE even if he wanted to do it)

15 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Considering he broke his no politics rule to publicly endorse the opponent of Vince's BFF which VKM trait would win: his legendary pettiness or his willingness to put nearly everything aside to make money. 

Rock bought the XFL. Vince probably now loves him more than Linda, Shane, Steph, and Triple H combined.

19 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I don't think Rock will ever come back to wrestling, but I would like to see what would happen if he expressed interest in having a match with Roman. Considering he broke his no politics rule to publicly endorse the opponent of Vince's BFF which VKM trait would win: his legendary pettiness or his willingness to put nearly everything aside to make money. 

(Plus there's also the small detail of the people who insure Hollywood productions to not want him to go near the COVID pit that is WWE even if he wanted to do it)

In the last two months, Meltzer has indicated Rock really, really wants to put over Roman for reals and would like to have a match/moment with his daughter Simone.

Hollywood productions and insurance are a very real thing as you have said. Personally of the "I'll see it when I believe it" opinion.

I think both scenarios and him Wrestling again generally comes down to his mother still being alive at the time and guilt-tripping him.