Pro Wrestling Only

AWA Major League Wrestling

spaldoni

Wow... I thought Lawler had problems before when he just had to deal with Bad News.. Now he has Bad News + The Coalition.  I can't wait to see who his partner will be.  I have a feeling it wont be Tommy Rich!  LOL

Enjoying the Larry Z-Al Perez feud.  I wonder who will get the title shot!

Resnerd.... God I hate Gagne!!

Can't wait for the next beauty shop!!  What was that all about.

You have made Bully Busick into one of the great stories of Dawn of War... can't wait to see if he will retain that TV title.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 11-4-87

ring.jpg.6685bd9c84c982000a5099741f977605.jpg

Footage from last week is shown as The Quebec Coalition attack Jerry Lawler. Later in the show, Lawler comes out and announces the Quebec Coalition will face him and a mystery partner. 

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. After what you all just saw, tonight's main event will be Jerry Lawler and a partner of his choosing versus The Quebec Coalition. We'll have an update on Carlos Colon.  Tony Atlas goes one on one with Crusher Blackwell. Polynesian Power takes on Venomous. But right now, my guest is the AWA world champion, Bad News Brown. 

1523393988_badnews.jpg.f11c2fc3ef6a3d2afbd8ef4b160b3e85.jpg

Brown is so money as he walks out wearing a suit with the top buttons unbuttoned, gold chain around his neck and the belt on his shoulder. 

Lance: Well Bad News, you've had lot going on recently. Jerry Jarrett has signed the world title rematch between you and Jerry Lawler, which will take place right here, next week on TV. Not only that but you recently wrestled UWF champ Lex Luger in a title vs. title match at their Halloween Havoc. Just what was that all about? It seemed to of come out of nowhere. 

Brown: What happened was I got tired of beating up all the competition in the AWA. An opportunity came up to beat up a so called champion somewhere else and I did just that. If it wasn't for some jezebel, I'd be wearing two titles right now! As for Queen Lawler, it looks like he's preoccupied with other things right now. Well, if he aint one hundred percent next week, then that's bad news for him! 

Bad News raises his fist and the title. 

Commercial Break 

Mando Guerrero vs. Ty Ramsey 

mando.jpg.99d7dbe9cfcf4b550e6e4be5251b6601.jpg

Good showcase for Mando as he swings off the ropes and hits a flying crossbody press for the win. 

Mando cuts a promo and says he's looking forward to shutting Bruce Hart up. 

Commercial Break 

AWA World Tag Team Champ Tony Atlas vs. Crusher Blackwell 

atlas.jpg.aeceb2b810ca79d7f91aa2a5858eded3.jpgblackwell.jpg.b38866d2536b43a560d8890a4449474f.jpg

These two start out clubbing each other. Blackwell gets the upper hand but that's cut short when the Bruise Brothers hit the ring and attack Blackwell. The 3 on 1 attack doesn't last long because Rip Oliver and Matt Borne hit the ring with fists flying. The pier six brawl goes on into the commercial. 

Commercial Break 

ZZ Top's 'Sharp Dress Man' plays as Chris Adams drives around in a convertible. His hair's waving in the wind and he's wearing sunglasses as he looks in the mirror and gives himself a smile. 

adams.jpg.177b4c962e2bd0b235f2955f6c59b51c.jpg

"Gentleman" Chris Adams is coming to the AWA 

The Original Midnight Express w/Norvell Austin vs. Todd Rooney and Ray Glader 

midnites.jpg.c8ee58e1244698a8e5e3d07b1cd8e14d.jpg

Norvell puts his arms up in victory as the Midnight's hit the double flapjack for the win. 

Phil Hickerson comes out to join his stablemates at ringside.

Resnick: Norvell, your Midnight Express are having a hard time with the Glamour Boys. And Phil Hickerson seems to be having his hands full with Scott Putski. 

Norvell: Hello! Did you not see last week's match when my main man Phil knocked that Punkski out? Knocked him out cold! 

Resnick: Yea, with the help of some brass knuckles. 

Norvell: Your opinion means nothing Resnick. Now, as far as those sissy boys go, my Midnight Express are going to take care of them soon enough. I mean we've beaten them up so many times, it's not even fun anymore. 

Commercial Break 

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez vs. Curtis Moore 

alp.jpg.385babc5f99261bd7642a5fc6931960f.jpg

Perez looks outstanding and wins the match with the helicopter drop! 

Resnick: Al, next week at the Rupp Arena, once again it's you and Larry Zbyszko, only this time, the winner will receive an AWA International title shot at SuperClash 2. 

Perez: You know, last year Larry and I were National tag team champs. A lot has changed. It's time to prove myself and win a single's title. That means I have to get through Zbyszko first. Larry, I've beaten you before and I'll do it again. 

Commercial Break

Footage is shown from a few weeks ago when Abbuda Iaukea threw a fireball in Carlos Colon's face.

Carlos Colon is sitting in a hospital bed with his head bandaged and wrapped around his left eye. 

Colon: Sitting here for weeks, I've had a lot of time to reflect. I consider this punishment for the sins I've committed this past year. I'm ashamed of my actions and behavior. I was wrong and from the bottom of my heart I'm sorry. I will be back to redeem myself and that starts with the Iaukea family. I should be cleared to wrestle by the end of the year. Which means at SuperClash 2, I'm challenging you Abbuda Iaukea! Your Father has you on a very dark path. Trust me, that will get you nowhere. Curtis! If you get in my way, it will be your demise! I will see you both at SuperClash! 

Commercial Break 

Abbuda Iaukea w/Curtis Iaukea vs. Harold Bannister 

abbuda.jpg.80fb3378e67249e43be6447f80cbb722.jpg

Abbuda hits the ring and pounds Bannister to the ground. Abbuda hits 3 consecutive backbreakers and follows with the camel clutch for the win. Abbuda hurls Bannister out of the ring. Curtis hits Bannister several times with his kendo stick. Abbuda runs over, picks up Bannister and rams him back first into the steel post several times before slamming him down hard on the concrete! 

Bannister is stretchered out by a team of Medics. 

Resnick: That was uncalled for! You both should be banned from wrestling! 

Curtis: That was a message! A message to you Carlos Colon! Abbuda will be waiting! (Maniacal laugh) Yes, he will be waiting! 

Abbuda: Colon! You're right. My path is a dark one. A path you didn't have the guts to take. At SuperClash you will be on my path and I will tear right through you! And then the real suffering begins! 

Commercial Break 

Polynesian Power vs. Venomous w/Gama Singh 

Fun fast paced match that really shows what these two teams are capable of. Venomous are a well oiled machine and pull out some innovating high offensive maneuvers. Kokina and Snuka bring the power. After 10 minutes, all 4 men are going at it. Snuka sends Cobra through the ropes with a jumping headbutt as Kokina hits a Samoan Drop on Scorpio for the pin! 

Bruce Hart and Greg Gagne run in and attack Snuka. Kokina runs over but Gama clips him behind the knee. They start putting the boots to Polynesian Power. The fans go wild when Mando Guerrero storms the ring swinging a chair like a madman! That's enough to clean house. 

Commercial Break 

1839543768_clash2.jpg.0cd0324501fa10267ca783969a9b7b76.jpg

Saturday, December 31st

St. Paul Civic Center 

Live on Pay Per View 

Jerry Jarrett is standing in front of a SuperClash 2 banner

Jarrett: SuperClash 2 is shaping up to be the greatest event in AWA history. What better way to kick things off then with Joan Jett singing the National Anthem? You know that on the previous night at the Clash Countdown, there will be a tag team battle royal. The winners will each be rewarded a brand new Cadillac and a National Tag Team title shot the next night at SuperClash. Carlos Colon will be back to take on Abbuda Iaukea. Big news on the Million Dollar Match. The two names will be drawn next week in the lotto pool on the returning Beauty Shop. Switching gears, recently in Japan a fan poll was taken. They voted on the dream match they wanted to see most. Well, at SuperClash the AWA is going to give them that match. It will be none other than Jumbo Tsuruta against Tatsumi Fujinami. That's right, the former AWA world tag champs and Crockett Cup winners will face each other at SuperClash. This will truly be an international spectacle. I'll see you all next week on the Beauty Shop for the big million dollar match lotto drawing. 

Commercial Break 

"The Fabulous One" Steve Keirn vs. Vic Dutro 

keirn.jpg.87dcd55dc5af63f191f4e1f090dc17f9.jpg

Keirn wins it with the reverse DDT. 

Resnick: Steve, next week at the Rupp Arena, you get an International title shot against Mike George. Tremendous opportunity for you. 

Keirn: It is a tremendous opportunity and trust me I'm going to make the absolute most of it. I heard Gagne and George running their mouths last week about how I'm not worthy competition. Boys, I came out on the winning side of War Games and I'm carrying that momentum to the International title! 

Commercial Break 

Billy Jack Strong vs. William Hillman 

billy.jpg.0c6386f5a8b4fc47568d78e9a72f1fdc.jpg

Strong is aggressive tonight and finishes things off with a shoulder breaker. 

It's announced that Strong will get his TV title shot rematch in two weeks. Strong cuts a promo and says Busick's been ducking him because he's scared and knows his title reign is coming to an abrupt end! 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: In just a few minutes our main event will take place. Before we get to that I wanted to bring out Professor Bill Ash and his Honor Roll. 

Ash comes out in his cap and gown. Kelly and Morgan are wearing their new black gowns. 

Resnick: Well Professor, you guys did it. The Honor Roll defeated the Technicians in a non title match and now have earned a National tag title shot at the Rupp Arena next week. 

Ash: Admit it Resnick, I'm a genus. I told you I would put together the total sum of a tag team and I did. Kevin Kelly and Rip Morgan have become one. And now, they will become champions. 

Resnick: Ok, we'll see about that next week at the Rupp Arena. Our huge main event when we come back. 

Commercial Break 

Jerry "The King" Lawler and ??? vs. The Quebec Coalition w/Frenchy Martin 

lawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpgcharland.jpg.f9285405741e55c8e529a2262081f7e6.jpglafon.jpg.0e70bfc688990f8c2716cc05b521c209.jpgfrenchy.jpg.4a3f521b7a51982d6e031fd38e330704.jpg

Frenchy and The Quebec Coalition are standing in the ring boasting confidence. Frenchy grabs the mic.

Frenchy: Dis is what I thought. There was no way Jerry Lawler would find a partner brave enough to face de Quebec Coalition. Do your job referee and count de coward out!" 

The fans boo as Frenchy waves the Quebec Flag while Charland and Lefon berate the Ref. 

The boos turn to wild cheers as Jerry Lawler steps out. He walks a few steps down the aisle smiling. Lawler stops and looks to the back. The curtain opens and it's...it's....it's...yes! it's NIKITA KOLOFF!!! 

nikita.jpg.55941a8912bb6329a5654e2ff9df290f.jpg

The bell rings as Lawler and Koloff charge in. 

Lawler and Nikita pound away on the Quebecs as the fans go nuts! Stereo body slams. Frenchy tries to hit Lawler with his flag but Nikita runs over and sends him through the ropes with a running shoulder block! Charland staggers up as Nikita clotheslines him over the top rope! Lawler hoists Lafon up and piledrives him down. 

Lawler picks up Lafon and swings him to the ropes as Nikita just about decapitates him with the Russian Sickle 1..2..3!!! 

The fans are standing, jumping and screaming as Lawler and Nikita celebrate. Unbelievable! 

Bad News starts us off by putting down both Woman & Lawler.

Mando gets a good showcase ahead of his match with Hart.

Atlas & Blackwell ends in mayhem.

Adams is arriving in the AWA in style.

Classic heel logic by Austin.

Perez is ready to end things with Larry Z.

Abbuda & Colon will be all-out war.

Polynesian Power beat Venomous then run off Gagne's Gang with help from Mando.

Damn! A National tag title shot & a Cadillac? Jumbo vs Fujinami? SuperClash 2 is bringing all the goodies.

I'm pulling for Keirn to end George's reign.

Strong finally had his rematch set.

Ash is confident in his students.

Nikita Koloff is in the AWA.....as a face!? Unbelievable!

Bad News f'n Brown is the man. I seriously think he has all the upside as a main dude in our world. I love seeing Chris Adams come in and also Austin Idol being his best self. I can appreciate your use of these guys after my work with them. Now... Nikita... babyface... this shit is bananas. At this point... he had all the hype and could have been the net big thing if he kept his physic and bald head... will you do the same?

Awesome opening and awesome ending while everything else in between was.... Awesome.

I love how Dawn of War has elevated certain wrestlers from what they were in real life.  It seems where ever Bad News goes, he is on top.  My first big angle, almost 4 years ago was a riot in Calgary from a match between Bad News and the Mongolian Stomper.  

Oh, the close...AWESOME.  It has been a long time coming but I don't think I had the courage to do it.  In real life, Nikita was a babyface by November 86 but I just wanted to keep that U.S.-Russian war going longer.  Good luck with this and enjoy.

As for the middle...

Colon vs Iaukea is going to be awesome

Atlas vs Blackwell on TV would have been great

Keirn vs George... Could this be the one to put Gagne in his place?

The Million Dollar Match... Great idea.

Adams to stir things up

I am always looking forward to more Al Perez vs Larry Z..

AWA is rolling.

AWA @ The Quandt Fieldhouse, Stevens Point WI 11-6-87

awa2.jpg.f9782ae0c524d7a10c4fdd27cab51447.jpg

Uncommon Alliance defeated Gene Ligon and Stoney Burke- Kirchner hit a backbreaker on Burke and held him as Barr came off the middle ropes with a knee drop to the mid section for the win. 

"The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko defeated Salvatore Bellomo with a spinning neckbreaker 

The British Bombers defeated The Teamsters-Fun back and forth match between two teams vying for a title shot. The end came when Smith sent Huber through the ropes with a high knee as Taylor executed a belly to back suplex on Veasey for the win. 

"Dynamite" DJ Peterson defeated Earthquake Ferris by DQ due to blatant interference by The Vin Man. Vinnie and Ferris swing DJ to the ropes and go for a double clothesline but DJ ducks, swings back and puts both men down with a flying shoulder tackle! 

The Original Midnight Express w/Norvell Austin and Phil Hickerson defeated The Glamour Boys w/Scott Putski- 30 minutes of non stop action! In the end all hell breaks loose. Hickerson tries to get involved but Putski yanks him off the apron. The Ref is distracted by their fighting around the ring. This allows Norvell to toss Condrey a pair of brass knuckles. Doll hits a flying press on Rose that sends both men over the top rope. Simpson goes after Condrey but Condrey levels him with the brass knuckles. The Ref turns around and counts 1..2..3! BOOOOOOOS! 

Mando Guerrero defeated "The Calgary Flame" Bruce Hart- Hart rolled up Mando with a handful of tights but Mando carried the momentum over, grabbed Hart's tights and got the pin! Hart was livid as Mando celebrated with the fans. 

AWA World Tag Team Champs The Bruise Brothers (Atlas, Snowman and Cameron)

vs.

Matt Borne, Rip Oliver and Crusher Blackwell

This match was off the rails! All 6 men came to fight and they did just that. They gave the fans a 20 minute slugfest. All 6 men end up in the ring just pounding away on each other. Blackwell hit a running corner splash on Snowman. As Atlas clotheslined Blackwell from behind, Snowman staggered forward into a cradle by Borne 1..2..3! Big POP! 

Don't forget, this Friday on TV. The biggest main event ever! 

AWA World Title Bout!

Bad News Brown (C) vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler 

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 11-11-87

Footage from last week is shown as Jerry Lawler brings in Nikita Koloff to defeat the Quebec Coalition. 

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Well, tonight is the night. Bad News Brown will defend the AWA world title against Jerry "The King" Lawler. This may very well be the biggest main event ever on TV. In another featured bout, Scott Pustki takes on Randy Rose of the Midnight Express. Brenda Britton's Beauty Shop returns with the SuperClash million dollar match lotto drawing. Fans, all week long Nikita Koloff has been the big buzz. Right now, I would like to bring him out.

After what went down last week, Nikita hears the unfamiliar sound of cheers. He stops, looks around and nods. 

Lance: Nikita, I have to say I was shocked to see you show up last week with Lawler. Welcome to the AWA and what's on your agenda?

Nikita: Thank you very much Lance Russell. Some years ago, the Kremlin send Nikita to America to prove that Mother Russia is superior. Uncle Ivan train Nikita and Nikita take on all America's best wrestlers. Nikita become champion. But you know what Lance? After time, Nikita developed respect for American wrestlers. I come to AWA for fresh start. 

BOOOOS as DREAM MACHINE comes out!

machine.png.e180c5330c37db45d22411e07c479f58.png

Lance: I don't believe this. I haven't seen you in months Dream Machine... 

Dream cuts him off

Dream: Shut up Lance! You know damn well I was set to make my comeback tonight! You should be interviewing me right now instead of this no good commie! All I've been hearing is Nikita this and Nikita that. Let me tell you something Nikita Koloff, I'm the man around here babay! So why don't you get lost! Go back to Russia and drink Vodka or whatever it is you do. I don't care, just get outta here because I have a lot to say and you don't!

Nikita: Nikita no want trouble but this is my interview time, so I ask you please let me finish. 

Dream: Are you stupid? Do we have a language issue? Do you not understand? I said beat it! Get the hell out of here! 

Nikita steps closer. 

Nikita: Nikita not go anywhere. 

Dream: Ok, I guess you need some help. 

Dream pushes Nikita! 

Nikita staggers back and pauses, then lunges forward and pushes Dream down to the ground. Nikita looks down at Dream and does an intimidating trap pose before exiting. 

Lance is laughing. Dream gets up and starts going crazy and flips over the podium.

Dream: I'll knock that smile off your face Lance! Bring him back here! Get him back here! 

Commercial Break 

AWA National Tag Champs The Technicians vs. Ray Glader and Todd Rooney 

fleming.jpg.80e9d15ee8801ea0a345a67ffb2e84e9.jpgbradr.jpg.49257ef1337b50e83953d543fa369183.jpg

Rheingans executes a gut wrench suplex, then tags in Fleming, who finishes the match with the rear naked chokehold. 

Resnick: This weekend at the Rupp Arena, you guys will be defending the National tag titles against the Honor Roll. They got that non title win to receive this shot. Professor Ash thinks his team will be the next National champs. 

Rheingans: Ken, they did beat us, no denying it. That's just the spark we needed. Our wake up call. 

Fleming: We learned from that loss and now we're focused like never before. These titles are staying with us and for a long time. 

Commercial Break

"The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko vs. Arnie Goldstein 

1484051026_larryz.jpg.191b83bb9ed53893bacae554b010d3fc.jpg

Before the match, Larry brings out a pair of nun chucks and gives the fans a demonstration. Larry gets his usual heat and wins the match with a swinging neckbreaker. 

Resnick is talking about the upcoming match between Larry and Al Perez with the winner getting a shot at the International title at SuperClash 2. While Resnick's talking, Larry swings his nun chucks around. 

Larry: Very impressive isn't it Resnick? Not only am I a world class wrestler but as you know I'm also a martial arts expert. I can do it all and after I dispose of Alvin, I'll soon be the International champion. Resnick, there's nothing I can't do. 

Commercial Break 

Scott "Powerhouse" Putski vs. Randy Rose w/Norvell Austin 

putski.jpg.67044e38c0e3ca3225c6eefa28899ee0.jpgmidnites.jpg.c8ee58e1244698a8e5e3d07b1cd8e14d.jpg

The bell rings and Norvell is distracting Putski, which allows Rose to attack from behind. Rose pounds away on Putski, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a high knee 1..2..Kick Out. Rose picks up Putski and slams him down, then hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a sling shot splash 1..2..Putski gets his foot on the ropes. Rose argues with the Ref as Norvell slaps Putski. Rose grabs Pustki and goes for a suplex but Putski blocks it and suplexes Rose.

Putski regroups. Rose staggers up as Putski swings him hard into the corner. Putski follows with a running clothesline. Putski grabs Rose and hits a belly to belly suplex 1..2..Norvell reaches in and pulls the Ref. The Ref gets up and berates Norvell. Putski gets up and yells down at Norvell. Rose sneaks up and nails Putski with a double axehandle. 

Rose chokes Putski on the top rope, then flings him back. Rose starts strutting around. He finally picks up Putski and goes for a bodyslam but Pustki cradles him 1..2..3! Big Pop! 

As Putski's celebrating, he's hit from behind by Dennis Condrey! Pustki starts to fight back but Phil Hickerson hits the ring and nails Putski with a clothesline from behind. The Midnight Express and Hickerson put the boots to Putski. 

The fans go wild as the Glamour Boys run over Norvell and hit the ring with fists flying! We get a minute of all out fighting before the commercial hits. 

Commercial Break 

Highlights are shown of Tatsumi Fujinami and Jumbo Tsuruta during their time as AWA world tag champs. That's followed by each of them in single's action. Those two will meet in a Japanese dream match at SuperClash 2. 

Polynesian Power vs. Guy Jones and Lawrence Chillemi 

kokina.jpg.f9f06b888f30e4c1a37fbeaab73456ba.jpgsnuka.jpg.96e95419cbbdc9b69d07261afa06ad3f.jpg

Kokina hits the Samoan Drop and Snuka follows with the Superfly Splash for the exciting win! 

They cut a promo on Venomous and say they get their revenge this weekend at the Rupp Arena. 

Commercial Break 

AWA International Champ "Marvelous" Mike George w/Greg Gagne vs. Sam Smith 

mgeorge.jpg.5696db0f61fa72e2bbd4870746fab00e.jpg

Gagne does an overdramatic celebration as George hits a Russian LegSweep for the win. 

Resnick: This weekend at the Rupp Arena, Mike George defends the International title against Steve Keirn. 

Gagne: We already know that Resnerd. First off, my associate Gama Singh has assured me that Venomous will make short work of those idiot islander savages. Now, about this Keirn fella. He talks a big game about being a wargames winner. However, he's never met a wrestler the caliber of Mike George. Mike George is marvelous and that's so much better than fabulous.

George: (laughs) You're right on the money Greg. Steve Keirn is an underachiever and has zero chance of giving me any competition whatsoever! (George smiles and kisses his title) 

Gagne: Get a new suit Resnerd. We're out of here! 

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the glowing pink 'Beauty Shop' sign then pans down to Brenda Britton. Brenda is standing with Jerry Jarrett and several men wearing suits. 

britton.jpg.5aec91034fa6881ddb8f0e304ad2e2e2.jpg

Britton: Hi everybody and welcome back to the Beauty Shop. Wow, it feels like I've been gone forever. Now, we all know everything happens here. At SuperClash 2 you will see a million dollar match. Jerry, go ahead and give the details.

Jarrett: Thank you Brenda. Standing behind me are several representatives of various AWA sponsors. Each of them have contributed to the million dollars put up for this monumental match. Sitting in front of me is the lotto generator. Inside each ball has the name of an AWA wrestler. 2 balls will be drawn. Those two wrestlers will wrestle at SuperClash 2 for one million dollars. Truly a lifechanging event for the winner. Brenda, if you want to grab the handle and give it a spin, I'll draw the first name. 

Britton: So exciting! 

Brenda spins the generator several times and stops. Jarrett pulls out a ball and reads the name. 

Jarrett: The first wrestler who will be competing for one million dollars is CRUSHER BLACKWELL! 

The men in suits clap

Britton: BOOOOOO! Jeez, can you imagine what that hick would do with a million dollars? What a let down. 

Jarrett: Ok Brenda, go ahead and give it a spin. 

Brenda spins it and stops. 

Jarrett: Crusher Blackwell's opponent at SuperClash 2 for one million dollars will be...

Jarrett reads it and pauses.

Jarrett: I don't believe it. GERRY MORROW.

Britton: OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! I need to go! 

Jarrett: Where are you going? 

Britton: I've gotta find Gerry! Tooodles! 

Jarrett: (watches Brenda leave) Well, it's official, at SuperClash 2, Crusher Blackwell will wrestle Gerry Morrow for one million dollars. (shakes his head) Anything's possible in the AWA. 

Jarrett shakes hands with the suits. 

Commercial Break 

Matt Borne and Rip Oliver vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez 

borne.jpg.89ea2e617a7e7b0555820c9794d09f6d.jpgoliver.jpg.d2e9250547ed055503dda41da84cb1e2.jpg

Oliver puts Lopez down with a flying forearm from the middle ropes and tags in Borne. Borne hits the Bomb's away and it's all over. 

Resnick: It's been signed. This weekend at the Rupp Arena, Matt Borne and Rip Oliver will get another shot at the AWA World tag titles. 

Borne: This is it! Bruise Brothers! We got your number boys! 

Oliver: And we're taking your titles! 

Resnick: Ok, they're fired up and confident. Fans, don't forget, next week Nick Busick defends the AWA TV title against Billy Jack Strong. That's been a hard hitting rivalry with no clear cut winner. Alright, our huge world title match is next! 

Commercial Break 

AWA World Title Bout 

1523393988_badnews.jpg.f11c2fc3ef6a3d2afbd8ef4b160b3e85.jpglawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpg

The fans cheer as the Ref holds up the world title and walks around the ring. He hands off the belt and signals for the bell. 

Brown walks up to Lawler and stares him down. Brown turns around, then turns back and throws a right hook, Lawler ducks and nails Brown with several Memphis style punches. Lawler swings Brown to the ropes and back drops him. Brown staggers up as Lawler scoop slams him down and follows with an elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Lawler picks up Brown and swings him into the corner. Lawler charges in but Brown puts up his boot and nails Lawler's face. 

Brown takes a second to regroup. Lawler staggers up as Brown puts him down with a clothesline. Brown stomps away on Lawler and hits a standing leg drop 1..2..Kick Out. Brown starts choking away on Lawler and breaks at the Ref's count of 4. Brown repeats this a couple more times. Brown picks up Lawler, swings him to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Lawler kicks him. Both men are dazed.

Both men stagger up and have a furious exchange. They end up fighting through the ropes and all around the ring. Lawler slams Brown's head on the apron and hurls him back in the ring. Lawler gets in the ring as Brown slides back out. Brown grabs his title off the table. Lawler comes out after him. Brown hits Lawler in the mid section with the title. The Ref signals for the DQ. 

Brown looks around and smiles. He sets his title down and picks up a wooden chair. Brown slowly walks up to Lawler and raises the chair but Lawler low blows him! Brown goes down. Lawler staggers up and grabs the wooden chair. Brown is on his knees. Lawler raises the chair and shatters it over Brown's head!! Brown is down, out and bleeding! 

The fans cheer as Lawler holds up a piece of the broken chair. 

Winner of the match by DQ- Jerry Lawler. However, Bad News Brown is still the AWA World Champion 

Awesome show that starts with Nikita giving a great reason for his face turn.  That is truly believable.  Good booking.  I also like how you had him give the fans a show of power by throwing Bream Machine to the ground.

Nice added details to have Larry Z with the Nun-chucks.  He might be the one wrestler who I hated in real life but like what we have done with him here.  As I kid, I hated those heels which must mean they did a good job.  Here, I am learning to respect what they are doing.

Perfect Beauty Shop... Can Morrow go full circle and become a millionaire again.  Great angle that you have developed so well.

I will go back in time when I was a just a fan and do it again.... Let's go Steve Keirn.

I bet Bad news has some added respect for Lawler now.  Really looking forward to the end game in this feud. 

Punking out Dream Machine is a great way to hammer home Nikita's change of heart.

The Technicians are determined not to get caught off guard again. Let's see if last week was a fluke.

Larry Z is riding high headed into SuperClash 2.

Putski gets a win tonight but the war isn't over yet.

Polynesian Power is going head-hunting in the Rupp Arena.

Gerry's got a chance to get back on top but Blackwell stands between him and a million dollars. Not gonna lie, after the journey you've put him on I'm actually routing for Morrow.

Borne & Oliver get another crack at the Bruise Brothers. Really liking this feud.

Brown proves he isn't afraid to eat an L if it means he gets to keep the gold. The King will definitely be expecting a rematch.

AWA @ The Rupp Arena, Lexington KY 11-13-87

awa2.jpg.f9782ae0c524d7a10c4fdd27cab51447.jpg

The Teamsters defeated Two Local Talents with a double front face suplex

Crusher Blackwell defeated Gene Ligon with a big splash- Lots of "Future Millionaire" cheers for Blackwell after the lotto drawing on TV.

Abbuda Iaukea w/Curtis Iaukea defeated Salvatore Bellomo with the camel clutch. Afterwards, Abudda hurled Bellomo out of the ring. Curtis hits him several times with the kendo stick. Abbuda then rammed Bellomo back first into the steel post. 

Polynesian Power defeated Venomous w/Gama Singh- Fun action packed match that kept the fans on the edge of their seats. Snuka surprises Scorpio with a reverse flying press off the turnbuckles for the win. 

AWA TV Champ Nick Busick/"Dynamite" DJ Peterson and Mando Guerrero 

vs.

Billy Jack Strong/Earthquake Ferris and "The Calgary Flame" Bruce Hart w/The Vin Man 

The tide turns several times in this wild and crazy 6 man tag. In the end, all 6 men are going at it. Vinnie tries to interfere but DJ grabs him and tosses him into Ferris. During all this chaos, Hart lowblows Mando from behind and rolls him over with a handful of tights for the tainted win. Busick and Strong were fighting on the outside and kept going after the bell rang.  

AWA International Title Bout 

"Marvelous" Mike George (C) w/Greg Gagne vs. "The Fabulous One" Steve Keirn 

Keirn spent the opening minutes frustrating George. The momentum changed thanks to a trip from Gagne. George controlled things for a bit and reminded everybody that he has quite the move set. Keirn comes back strong and the fans sense a title change. This is where the Ref gets sandwiched and falls to the ground. Once again, Gagne interferes. This time, Keirn bolts out of the ring and tackles Gagne. Keirn pounds down on Gagne as the fans cheer him on. 

Wait a minute! AUSTIN IDOL hops the guardrail and attacks Keirn from behind! Idol stomps on Keirn's leg, picks him up and rams him knee first into the steel post. Idol clamps on the Las Vegas Leglock! As the Ref starts to rise, Idol is satisfied and exits. George yells at the Ref to make the count. The Ref does just that and counts to 10. BOOOOO! Gagne grabs the International title and hands it to George. They celebrate like they've won the Super Bowl. 

Winner of the match by C.O. and still AWA International Champ- Mike George 

AWA National Tag Team Title Bout 

The Technicians (C) vs. The Honor Roll w/Professor Bill Ash 

Ash really might have found the total sum of a tag team in Kelly and Morgan, because they look strong, tough and in sync tonight. On the flip side, the Technicians are a well oiled machine and put their combined technical skills to work. After 20 minutes of action, Fleming has Kelly in a cradle. Ash distracts the Ref. Morgan runs in and reverses the cradle. Ash thinks he's a genius as the Ref guides Morgan back. However, Rheingans runs in and reverses that cradle. The Ref turns around and counts 1..2..3! Big Pop! 

Winners of the match and still AWA National Tag Champs- The Technicians 

Winner gets an AWA International Title shot at SuperClash 2

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez vs. "The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko 

The fans boo as Larry gives them another arrogant nun chucks display. The bell rings and Larry motions the nun chucks at Perez. Larry laughs and tosses them out of the ring. Larry starts arguing with the fans, then goes to the outside to get in their faces. Perez has enough, runs out and hurls Larry back in the ring. 

Perez dominates early with explosive offense and several near falls. Larry turns the tide with a mule kick. Larry spends the next few minutes working over Perez with a combination of rulebreaking and impressive moves. Perez makes his comeback and is all over Larry. Larry ends up tumbling to the outside. Larry reaches over and grabs his nun chucks. Perez reaches through the ropes and grabs Larry's hair. In a moment desperation, Larry swings around and nails Perez with the nun chucks. The Ref immediately signals for the DQ. Larry gets in the ring and swings the nun chucks around. Perez is out of it and slowly gets to his knees. Larry whacks him again with the nun chucks and knocks Perez out cold. Nuclear heat for Zbyszko. However, Perez technically did get the win and does get the International title shot at SuperClash. 

AWA World Tag Team Title Bout

The Bruise Brothers (Atlas and Cameron) (C) w/Snowman

vs

"Maniac" Matt Borne and "Crippler" Rip Oliver 

This match is brutal and hard hitting. Both teams came to fight and they absolutely unload on each other. After 15 minutes of this, Borne and Oliver are in control. Atlas runs in and gets double slammed. Oliver hops on the middle ropes and puts Cameron down with a flying forearm blast. Borne gets on the top rope for the Bomb's Away but Snowman runs up and pushes Borne. Borne falls to the outside. Oliver runs over and nails Snowman. Atlas grabs Oliver from behind and nails him with a jumping headbutt. Cameron staggers up. They swing Oliver to the ropes and nail him with stereo double axehandles to the head 1..2..3! 

The winners of the match and still AWA World Tag Team Champs- The Bruise Brothers 

The Teamsters get the crowd warmed up.

Crusher is certainly on the road to be a Future Millionaire.

Bellamo is probably regretting coming to work tonight.

Snuka nets his team a win over their rivals Venomous.

Hart takes the low road to victory while Busick & Strong get a headstart on their title match.

Idol returns to screw Keirn out of the International title. Great way to keep the feud going.

The Technicians prove a little too smart for the Professor.

Perez may have taken a beating but he's getting a title shot, I'd say it's a fair trade.

Snowman gives his brothers a hand allowing them to retain. I'm not sure who can stop these guys.

Awesome house show!  The second half of that card was like a pay per view to me.

I was disappointed that Keirn didn't take the belt from George.  Now I will have to listen to more comments from Gagne next week.  LOL... but the good outweighs the bad as now I get to see how you will finish up the Idol-Keirn chaos.

I had a feeling after the last TV show that the Nun chucks were going to play a role in this one but I wasn't sure if they would help Larry Z get the win or the DQ.  I like your choice here but wonder what you will do with Larry watching Perez get a title shot.  Great booking that still gives you so many options down the road.

I admit I was nervous that my team, the Bruise Brothers were going down in defeat.  Can't wait to see what is next here.

Thanks for a good read.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 11-18-87

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Our big main event will see Nick Busick defend the TV title against Billy Jack Strong. A lot of action tonight but first I want to bring out AWA President Jerry Jarrett, who has some huge news regarding SuperClash 2. 

Jarrett walks out and shakes Lance's hand. 

Jarrett: Lance, as you know there's been a lot of bad blood here in the AWA. At Superclash 2, I'm hoping we can resolve a lot of these issues. The following matches have been signed. Nikita Koloff will face The Dream Machine. In a grudge match, Austin Idol will go up against Steve Keirn. The Glamour Boys and Scott Putski will take on The Original Midnight Express and Phil Hickerson in a 6 man elimination match. Now, Mike George was scheduled to defend the International title against Al Perez. In a surprising turn of events, Perez has given up that title shot. Let's hear some pre recorded comments from Perez and why he's turned down his rightful title shot. 

Perez: (bandage on his head) I know people must think I'm crazy for doing this, but after what Larry Zbyszko did to me at the Rupp Arena, I just couldn't let it go. I'll still be wrestling at SuperClash, but it's going to be against Larry Zbyszko in a taped fist match! Larry! I requested this match because all I want to do is pound on your arrogant head. You knocked me out with your nun chucks so now I'm going to knock you out with my fists! 

Back Live 

Jarrett: I wanted to see Perez get that title shot he deserved but he was adamant about facing Zbyszko. And after seeing what Zbyszko did to him at the Rupp Arena, well, I felt I owed it to Al Perez. Hopefully this gets settled once and for all. And now....

There's a commotion as the AWA world champ Bad News Brown storms out. Brown has the title on his shoulder but his head has a bandage wrap around it. 

Brown: Jarrett, I've been listening to you going on and on about SuperClash 2. You see my head? Yea, your golden boy Lawler shattered a chair over it last week on national TV. Looks to me like he wants to fight. Well guess what Lawler, so do I! You want a fight? I'll give you one! I'll put this here world title on the line at SuperClash. But hold on, you want to fight right? Let's fight! You get a title shot but it's going to be in a ghetto street fight! Yea, let's see what kind of fighter you really are. Personally, I think you're nothing but a chicken and coward. You're a cockroach that I'm going to stomp down on. I threw down the challenge. The question is, will a coward like you accept? 

Brown storms off. 

Jarrett: Lance, I was going to announce that world title bout anyways, but this changes things. Normally I wouldn't sanction this type of match for the world title so....

Massive cheers as JERRY LAWLER storms out. 

Lawler: Jerry, I'll make this real easy for you. Bad News Brown, I accept! Not only will I beat you in a fight, but I'm going to take the world title as well! 

Jarrett: Well, I guess the SuperClash 2 main event is now official.

The fans are still cheering. 

Commercial Break

The Dream Machine vs. Neil Jordan 

machine.png.e180c5330c37db45d22411e07c479f58.png

Dream swings off the ropes and hits his jumping elbow drop for the win. 

Resnick: After that brief showdown last week...

Dream: Shut up Resnick! What happened last week was that no good commie Nikita Koloff sucker punched me and caught me completely off guard. Typical behavior from a Vodka drinking degenerate. SuperClash will be a different story. The Dream Machine is back and better than ever babay and I'm going to send that bald headed geek back to where he belongs! 

Commercial Break 

Crusher Blackwell vs. Trent Watkins 

blackwell.jpg.b38866d2536b43a560d8890a4449474f.jpg

More "future millionaire" chants as Blackwell wins the match with a big splash. Blackwell smiles at the fans as he heads too ringside. 

Resnick: Just listen to these fans Crusher Blackwell. They really want to see you win the million dollars at SuperClash. What a life changing moment that would be. Your head must be spinning.

Blackwell: That's an understatement Ken. I'm beyond excited to be competing for one million dollars. I can't wait! I want Gerry Morrow to know, if he comes back he better be ready for the fight of his life because this is the chance of a lifetime and I'm going to make the absolute most of it. 

Commercial Break 

Uncommon Alliance vs. Todd Rooney and Ray Glader 

barr2.jpg.eabe2eaf7b0ad1ccca73c7822c17ff69.jpgkirchner.jpg.a7dbc455e6129723c65548500bec3f3f.jpg

Kirchner hits a backbreaker on Glader and holds him as Barr comes down from the middle ropes with a knee to the chest for the win. 

Resnick: Uncommon Alliance will be one of the teams competing in the Clash Countdown tag team battle royal. The winners will each receive a brand new Cadillac as well as a National Tag Team title shot the next night at SuperClash. Here's a rundown of the teams competing in the battle royal. Uncommon Alliance, Polynesian Power, the British Bombers, Venomous, The Honor Roll, The Quebec Coalition, The Teamsters, and Rip Oliver and Matt Borne. 

Commercial Break

"The Z-Man" Tom Zenk vs. Vic Dutro 

zenk.jpg.271cb3c06fa5b064cc0c81a91ec57709.jpg

Zenk nails Dutro with the Superkick and it's all over. 

Resnick: Tom Zenk, you have been on an incredible roll in the AWA...

Boos as BABY DOLL strolls out. 

2105483320_babydoll.jpg.7988824becd399ba1f2ff833033414d5.jpg

Resnick: Whoa, wait a second! Baby Doll what are you doing here? 

Baby Doll: Keep your mouth closed Resnick and you'll find out. (Looks at Zenk) The last time you saw me, you hoisted me over your shoulder and walked me out of the Mid South Coliseum. 

The fans laugh and cheer.

Baby Doll: Oh yea, these fans, Lawler and you probably had a great laugh didn't you? 

Zenk: (Smiling) look Baby Doll, it was humorous, but I had to do it to stop all your interfering. 

Baby Doll: Yea, keep smiling. Let's see if you're smiling after this. 

The fans are yelling. Zenk turns around and gets nailed by a superkick from CHRIS ADAMS!!! 

Resnick: What in the world!?!? 

Adams and Baby Doll are laughing and hug. 

Baby Doll: Who's smiling now Resnick? 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: I can't believe what I just saw. Baby Doll is back and it appears her and Chris Adams have formed a friendship. I think we're in trouble. Switching gears, I want to take you to Carlos Colon and get an update on his condition. 

Colon is now at home. His face is still bandaged but he seems to be looking better.

Colon: I'm feeling better and my spirits are up. It's been confirmed by Doctors that I will be cleared to wrestle at SuperClash 2. My family has shown tremendous support and they've been helping me get my strength back. Both physically and mentally. I'm ashamed I ever made a deal with Curtis Iaukea. Never again will I turn my back on the fans. Abbuda Iaukea! You burned my flesh but my soul was saved. My mission now is to rid the evil you and your Father have brought to the AWA. That will happen at SuperClash! 

Commercial Break 

"The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol vs. Peter Casper 

idol.jpg.29a92f1f4ea889626b09a958d8d997fd.jpg

Idol is back in the ring and hasn't lost a step as he wins the match with the Las Vegas Leglock. 

Resnick: Austin, you really did a number on Steve Keirn at the Rupp Arena. He's lucky his knee didn't have permanent damage. 

Idol: Oh, poor Steve Keirn. That guy put me out for a month and you didn't say a damn word! I even told you and that dummy that payback was coming. Well payback came and that idiot was put down. Darling, at SuperClash I'm going to make sure Steve Keirn never walks again! 

Commercial Break 

Brenda Britton is standing in a park 

britton.jpg.5aec91034fa6881ddb8f0e304ad2e2e2.jpg

Britton: Last time I was here and saw Gerry, I just couldn't believe how far he had fallen. I was speechless and couldn't even say a word to him. That has all changed! There is purpose now. I can really help Gerry. I can get him back on his feet and make him rich again. I know he can beat that Fat Man Blackwell and be a millionaire again. It's fate! Follow me and lets get Gerry back in the game. 

Brenda walks up to the park bench. Gerry is sleeping in a dirty white tank top and camouflage pants. His hair's a mess and he's unshaven. There's empty bottles all around him and he's covered in newspaper. Brenda taps on Gerry.

Britton: Gerry? Gerry? (shakes him) Gerry, please wake up. 

Gerry stirs around and swats at the air. 

Britton: Gerry! It's me! It's Brenda! 

Gerry turns over and squints his eyes. He focuses and his eyes widen.

Gerry: Brenda? 

Britton: (jumps up and down) Yes! Yes! Gerry! It's me! 

Gerry processes all this then covers his face with the newspaper. 

Gerry: Brenda, I can't let you see me like dis. I'm ashamed. Please just go away. I beg of you. 

Britton: No Gerry! It's ok! I've been tracking you down for months. I can help you! Not just me, but I brought some old friends. 

Brenda waves them in. CARL FERGIE and GEORGE WELLS walk over. 

Gerry lowers the paper.

Gerry: Carl? George? Is dat really you? 

Carl: In the flesh old buddy.

George: We're here to help. 

Britton: Gerry, just come with us and we'll tell you everything. You can get it all back. 

Carl and George help Gerry up and pat him on the back. 

Carl: Let's get you cleaned up old buddy. 

George: Everything's going to be just fine. 

Gerry: (crying) I missed you guys so very much. 

The three of them hug like there's no tomorrow. 

Britton: (tears running down her cheeks) Now this is what I call priceless. 

Commercial Break 

AWA TV Title Bout 

Nick Busick (C) vs. Billy Jack Strong 

busick.jpg.de786178dd6ea45803150bf04ad2153c.jpgbilly.jpg.0c6386f5a8b4fc47568d78e9a72f1fdc.jpg

The bell rings and these powerhouses just pound away on each other. They fight to the ropes and to the outside. They hammer away on each other all around the ring. The Ref finally starts counting but Busick and Strong are only concerned with hitting each other hard. The Ref counts to 10 and signals for the bell. The bell continues to ring but the Ref still can't stop them and eventually signals for help. Prelim wrestlers come out to break it up but Busick and Strong start knocking them down, then go back to fighting each other. Officials, security and more wrestlers come out and these guys still manage to get in hits on each other. Chaos ensues into the commercial. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: My goodness, that was quite a scene. Once again, here's Jerry Jarrett.

Jarrett: That's exactly the kind of bad blood I was talking about Lance. I want things to get settled at SuperClash and here's what I'm going to do. Nick Busick and Billy Jack Strong have count out wins over each other and we just saw them fight to a brutal double count out. At SuperClash 2, Nick Busick will defend the TV title against Billy Jack Strong inside a steel cage! That should keep them in the ring. And since we're talking about SuperClash 2, next week I'll announce who the Bruise Brothers will be defending their AWA world tag team titles against and believe me this is going to be a blockbuster. I'll also have a decision on the International title defense as well. A lot going on. See you all next week. 

Live on Pay Per View 

Saturday, December 31st

From the St. Paul Civic Center 

Singing the National Anthem- Joan Jett 

We get a great start with the announcement of some major matches. Nikita vs Dream Machine, Idol vs Keirn in a grudge match, Perez passes up a shot at gold to get Zbyszko in a taped fist match and Brown challenging Lawler to a Ghetto street fight. What a card already and there's definitely more to come.

Blackwell is looking confident that he's about to become a millionaire.

The Clash Countdown tag team battle royal has so many potential winners I'm not confident in picking who's taking the whole thing.

Adams makes his debut and shocks everyone by joining up with Baby Doll to drop the Z-man.

Colon says he'll be ready at SuperClash but is he truly prepared for what Abbuda can do?

D'aaawww what a heartwarming scene as Brenda, Fergie & Wells come together to get Morrow back on his feet.

Another countout between Busick & Strong leads to Jerrett booking the two to settle their differences inside a steel cage! 

SuperClash 2 is gonna 87 off with a bang!

Awesome start to the show.  We get some heated promos out of Perez, BBB and Lawler.  This would have hooked me from the get go.

Nice job putting Baby Doll and Adams together.  This will be a fun pair.  Zenk better be ready.

Best Beauty Shop ever.  Such a well developed angle.  

Idol and Keirn is another well developed angle.  Can't wait to see who goes over who.

SuperClash is an event I am really looking forward to as It seems to have many angles ready to come to an end and I can't wait to see which way you take the AWA as we head to 88.

AWA coming to town with some big names and big matches. Anytime Blackwell can get into a position of prominence, it is always a good thing. He is a character among character here. Billy Jack and The Bully inside a cage... that'll give these guys a chance to get it settled.  Superclash is on the last day of 87 and it is going to mark the beginning of a huge 88 for AWA.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 11-25-87

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Tonight you'll see Nikita Koloff in action. DJ Peterson takes on Earthquake Ferris. National Tag Champs The Technicians will be here as well as AWA International champ Mike George. After what went down last week, Baby Doll's newest client Chris Adams debuts. We'll hear from Jerry Lawler regarding his big street fight world title match with Bad News Brown at SuperClash 2. And tonight's main event will be a big one as the Original Midnight Express take on current rivals the Glamour Boys. And Jerry Jarrett will have some earth shattering news regarding SuperClash 2. Ok, let's get to the ring. 

Nikita Koloff vs. Rance Jones 

It didn't take long but Nikita has won over the AWA fans. The fans are up and cheering as Nikita puts Jones down with the Russian Sickle. 

Resnick: Nikita, you have really made an impact here. It seems Dream Machine has taken a disliking to you and at SuperClash 2, you two will meet in the ring. 

Nikita: Nikita come to AWA with no problems with anyone. Dream Machine cause problems for Nikita. At SuperClash, Nikita deal with problem! 

Nikita ends the segment with a trap pose. 

Commercial Break 

The Quebec Coalition w/Frenchy Martin vs. Todd Rooney and Ray Glader 

lafon.jpg.0e70bfc688990f8c2716cc05b521c209.jpgcharland.jpg.f9285405741e55c8e529a2262081f7e6.jpgfrenchy.jpg.4a3f521b7a51982d6e031fd38e330704.jpg

Charland hits an inverted piledriver and Lefon follows with a senton for the win. 

Resnick: Ok Frenchy, the night before SuperClash at the Clash Countdown, your men will be in the tag team battle royal with the winners each getting a new Cadillac as well as a shot at the National tag titles the next night at SuperClash. I have to ask, have you and your men rebounded from that shocking loss to Jerry Lawler and Nikita Koloff a few weeks ago? 

Frenchy: Stop right there! We were blind sighted and tricked by everybody in de AWA who has conspired against us. However, we are passed that. My Quebec Coalition will win de battle royal and regain our National Titles. Just like dat! 

Commercial Break 

Highlights of a Jumbo Tsuruta/Tatsumi Fujinami SuperClash 2 press conference from Japan are shown. Both men are wearing suits and pose for photo shots. 

"The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko vs. Harold Baines 

1484051026_larryz.jpg.191b83bb9ed53893bacae554b010d3fc.jpg

Zbyszko as always, does his best to rile up the fans and as always succeeds. Zbyszko hits the swinging neckbreaker for the win. Zbyszko irritates the fans more with an arrogant nun chucks display. 

Resnick: Larry, it's you and Al Perez in a taped fist match at SuperClash. You heard the reasons why Al gave up his shot at the International title. He's so angry that I'm certain those nun chucks of yours won't be able to help. 

Zbyszko: Young Alvin is full of spunk but in reality he's a very naive individual. He gave up a golden opportunity just to fight me. Big mistake. Young Alvin's emotions will be his downfall. I'm a superior wrestler, a martial arts expert and simply a smarter man. At SuperClash, that spudhead will walk into Larry Land and trust me, he won't be able to handle it.

Commercial Break 

"Dynamite" DJ Peterson vs. Earthquake Ferris w/The Vin Man 

dj.jpg.d21b85baa6a0067301952f842af11acd.jpgferris.jpg.75a0dd1b3c05f313b79d3e821cfb2d74.jpg

These two have had some hard hitting matches and it continues tonight as they pound away on each other with blunt force. Nothing pretty, just a solid hoss fight. After a few minutes of this, DJ gets things going his way and puts Ferris down with a huge jumping back elbow smash. DJ goes to the top rope and gets set, but Vinnie hops on the apron and pushes DJ off! The Ref signals for the DQ. 

Vinnie and Ferris put the boots to DJ, then pick him up and double slam him down. Ferris swings off the ropes and hits a big splash! Ferris puts his boot on DJ's chest as Vinnie holds up Ferris's hand while the fans boo. 

Commercial Break 

AWA International Champ "Marvelous" Mike George w/Greg Gagne vs. Warren Coolidge 

mgeorge.jpg.5696db0f61fa72e2bbd4870746fab00e.jpg

George wins the match with a Russian Leg Sweep. Gagne runs in and hands him his title. George kisses it and holds it high. 

Resnick: Greg, as you know Al Perez forfeited his International title shot at SuperClash. However...

Gagne: Stop talking Resnerd! Zbyszko's right, Al Perez is an idiot. But hey, what that means is myself and the champ will have a well deserved New Year's Eve night off.

Jerry Jarrett walks out. 

Gagne: Well, well, well, if it isn't the imposter President of the AWA. What brings you out Mr. so called President?

Jarrett: Well Greg, I thought this would be the perfect time to announce who Mike George will be defending his International title against at SuperClash 2. 

George: Whoa wait a minute big guy. That dope Perez forfeited his chance. Which means I win and Greg and myself have the night off. 

Gagne: He's exactly right Einstein. And that's a fact Jack! 

Jarrett: Well, no it isn't. The title will be defended and it will be against the former champ himself, El Canek! Good luck gentlemen.

Huge Pop! Jarrett calmly exits as Gagne and George throw a fit. 

Gagne: He can't do that! It's not right! My dad would have never done something as unfair as that! 

Resnick smiles as he cuts to a commercial. 

Commercial Break 

Abbuda Iaukea w/Curtis Iaukea vs. Lawence Tate 

abbuda.jpg.80fb3378e67249e43be6447f80cbb722.jpg

Abbuda is a terror and finally finishes Tate off with the Camel Clutch. Abbuda holds up Tate as Curtis puts him down with a kendo stick shot. Both Iaukea's hold Tate up by his hair, look in the camera and yell Colon's name over and over again while slapping Tate. 

Commercial Break 

AWA National Tag Champs The Technicians vs. Wilford Kennedy and Neil Jordan 

fleming.jpg.80e9d15ee8801ea0a345a67ffb2e84e9.jpgbradr.jpg.49257ef1337b50e83953d543fa369183.jpg

Rheingans hits a gut wrench suplex and tags in Fleming, who finishes things off with the rear naked chokehold. 

Technicians cut a promo and say they don't care who wins the tag battle royal because whoever it is, they'll be ready for them at SuperClash! 

Commercial Break 

"Gentleman" Chris Adams w/Baby Doll vs. Stu Jersky 

Adams and Baby Doll get some big time heat. Adams looks smooth and cool in the ring and puts Stu away with the Superkick! 

Resnick: Baby Doll, last week you made your shocking return and brought along Chris Adams. You did a good job of distracting Tom Zenk in order for Adams to hit him with his superkick. 

Baby Doll: Tom Zenk is a foolish man to have ever put his dirty hands on me. Well, he certainly paid the price didn't he? 

Resnick: Not so sure about that, because your man Adams will be facing Zenk at SuperClash.

Adams: That suits me very well. Baby Doll is going to take me to the top of the AWA and it starts with you Zenk! I've been watching you disgrace the superkick. Your kick is weak. My superkick puts people down and out. At Superclash I'm putting you down with it and you're not getting up! 

Commercial Break 

Brenda Britton is standing in front of a gym door. Carl Fergie and George Wells walk out wearing sweatsuits. 

Britton: Hi everybody, I'm standing here with Priceless alumni Carl Fergie and George Wells. Behind this door, Gerry Morrow is in serious training. I know everybody is eager to hear an update. Go ahead guys. 

Fergie: It's unbelievable Brenda. Gerry is rejuvenated like never before. That Fat Man Blackwell doesn't stand a chance! 

Wells: That's right! Gerry's back! He's in there training like never before. There's no way the Fat Man walks away with the million dollars. 

Britton: That's the best news ever! Gerry is truly the comeback story of the century. As for you Crusher Fatwell! Listen up! You're not going to stand in Gerry's way! You got that! He deserves the million dollars more than anyone and defiantly more than an obese country bumpkin like you! Ok boys, get back in there and get Gerry ready. Until next time tooooodles. 

As the door swings open, we see Gerry passed out from exhaustion in the middle of the ring. Carl and Wells run to him as Brenda quickly slams the door.  

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Once again I'm standing with Jerry Jarrett. Jerry, I understand you have a blockbuster announcement regarding the world tag team title match at SuperClash 2.

Jarrett: Indeed I do Ken. I want Superclash 2 to be the biggest event in AWA history. I've been in talks with another promotion and the deal is done. At SuperClash the Bruise Brothers will be defending the world titles against this team. Let's take a look. 

The screen goes black for a few seconds. Then 'Iron Man' by Black Sabbath plays. It's followed by a montage of the Road Warriors destroying several different opponents. 

1315977144_roadwarriors.jpg.3e78d36216981642f42edf27b6300e48.jpg

Resnick: My goodness! I can't believe this! 

Jarrett: It's true. The Windy City Tag Team Champions, the Road Warriors are coming to SuperClash for a shot at the AWA world titles. This is truly a historic moment for the AWA and WCPW. 

A big commotion as the Bruise Brothers storm out.

atlas.jpg.aeceb2b810ca79d7f91aa2a5858eded3.jpgcameron.jpg.9a3062af92b41b9e4224044b78503c0e.jpgsnowman.jpg.8707a32a546277c3841293ff0d0c1573.jpg

Atlas: Oh, is this the part where we're supposed to act scared? 

Cameron: Cuz that ain't gonna happen! 

Snowman: Nobody intimidates us! 

Atlas: Those painted up freaks can't match the power and strength of the Bruise Brothers! And they sure as hell aint gonna waltz into SuperClash and take away our titles! No way! No how! 

Bruise Brothers flex and storm out. 

Resnick: Wow! You talk about a collision coming to SuperClash. Unbelievable! 

Commercial Break 

The Glamour Boys vs. The Original Midnight Express w/Norvell Austin 

simpson.jpg.8a24c045e095a2272a24a2c3d5fa33bc.jpgsdoll.jpg.9546a5251ff01c4e4a0a2930b7489d4e.jpgmidnites.jpg.c8ee58e1244698a8e5e3d07b1cd8e14d.jpg

These teams go at each other full force. It's a fast paced back and forth match with both teams showing amazing teamwork and chemistry. Things get tense when Norvell's interference causes Doll to run out after him. Norvell turns the corner and as Doll turns the corner, Phil Hickerson (who was hiding behind the steel post) jumps out and clotheslines Doll. Scott Putski runs out and tackles Hickerson and pounds away on him. While all this is going on, inside the ring, the numbers game catches up with Simpson as the Midnight's hit a double hot shot for the win! BOOOO! Will the 6 man elimination match at SuperClash finally solve things? We'll see. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Ok fans, before we go, I wanted to bring out Jerry "The King" Lawler.

lawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpg

Standing cheers as Lawler holds his fist up to them. 

Resnick: Jerry, at SuperClash 2, you will get another shot at the AWA world title. Only this time it will be a Street Fight. Bad News Brown says you don't stand a chance in a fight with him. 

Lawler: It seems most of my wrestling history has been nothing but fights. Terry Funk, Bill Dundee, Austin Idol, Adrian Adonis, Butch Reed and of course Tommy Rich. The list goes on and on. What makes Bad News Brown so special? A few weeks ago I shattered a chair over his head. Does it look like I'm afraid to get my hands dirty? My goal is to be world champion again and if I have to beat Brown in a fight, then that's exactly what I'm going to do! 

WHAM

1523393988_badnews.jpg.f11c2fc3ef6a3d2afbd8ef4b160b3e85.jpg

From behind Lawler is hit with a baseball bat by Bad News Brown! Brown is wearing jeans and black gloves. 

Brown: You wanted a fight Lawler? Let me show you what a street fight is all about! 

Brown hits Lawler several times with the bat. Brown picks Lawler up and slams his head on the announcer's table. Lawler's a bloody mess as Brown punches away on his bloody head. Resnick is frantically signaling for help. Brown picks up Lawler and quickly puts him down with the ghetto blaster as help finally arrives to stop this. Brown pushes his way through and grabs the mic. 

Brown: Lawler! You ain't seen nothing yet! Just wait until SuperClash! 

Brown drops the mic and holds his fist high. 

Dream Machine may rue the day he decided to become a problem for Nikita.

Frency has his men set to correct course in the tag team battle royal.

Larry Z ain't sweating young Alvin a bit.

Another hossfest ends in a beat down as the feud between Peterson & Ferris rolls on.

Sorry Gregy boy, daddy can't help you outta this one. Here's hoping Canek gets his belt back.

The Iaukea's send Colon a pain-filled message.

Can't overlook the Technicians.

Adams is ready to show Zenk who is the true master of the Superkick.

Morrow's training seems to be hitting a snag.

The Road Warriors vs The Bruise Brothers at SuperClash 2!? Shut up and take my money!

The OG Midnights get the mental edge heading into the big six man tag.

Great closing scene as Brown lays a beatdown on the King with a baseball bat. 

Clash Countdown TV Special 

Friday December 30th 

From the Mayo Civic Center, Rochester MN 

"Dynamite DJ Peterson vs. Earthquake Ferris w/The Vin Man

"The Calgary Flame" Bruce Hart vs. Mando Guerrero 

TAG-TEAM BATTLE ROYAL- winners each receive a new Cadilac and a shot at the National tag titles at SuperClash

Teams participating 

Matt Borne and Rip Oliver

Polynesian Power

Quebec Coalition

Venomous 

British Bombers

The Honor Roll

Uncommon Alliance

The Teamsters 

Official card 

Saturday December 31st 

From the St. Paul Civic Center, Minneapolis MN 

Live on pay per view 

AWA World Title Street Fight Match! 

AWA World Tag Team Title Bout 

The Bruise Brothers (C) vs. WCPW Tag Champs, The Road Warriors 

AWA International Title Bout 

"Marvelous" Mike George (C) w/Greg Gagne vs. El Canek 

AWA National Tag Team Title Bout 

The Technicians (C) vs. Winners of the Tag Team Battle Royal 

AWA TV Title Bout- STEEL CAGE! 

Nick Busick (C) vs. Billy Jack Strong 

Taped Fist Match! 

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez vs. "The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko 

6-Man Elimination Match! 

The Glamour Boys and Scott "Powerhouse" Putski vs. The Original Midnight Express and Phil Hickerson w/Norvell Austin 

Japan's most wanted match

Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Tatsumi Fujinami 

Grudge Match

Carlos Colon vs. Abudda Iaukea w/Curtis Iaukea 

"The Fabulous One" Steve Keirn vs. "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol 

The Million Dollar Match! 

Crusher Blackwell vs. "Champagne" Gerry Morrow 

Nikita Koloff vs. The Dream Machine 

"The Z-Man" Tom Zenk vs. "Gentleman" Chris Adams w/Baby Doll

And singing the National Anthem- Joan Jett