Pro Wrestling Only

AWA Major League Wrestling

spaldoni

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 9-30-87

ring.jpg.6685bd9c84c982000a5099741f977605.jpg

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another exciting edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. We've got a lot of action tonight including our big main event with Nick Busick defending the AWA TV title against Billy Jack Strong. We'll also be hearing from both Jerry Lawler and Tommy Rich as they head into their big No DQ match at the Mid South Coliseum this weekend. Fans, before we get to the action, please welcome out the former AWA world champion, Ricky Steamboat. 

Cheers as Steamboat comes out wearing a suit and waving. 

steamboat.jpg.f258382c5b574a8f90e2e8565b4ed890.jpg

Lance: Ricky, I understand you have something to say. The floor is yours. 

Steamboat: Thank you very much Lance. With a heavy heart I've decided it's time for me to move on. I just wanted to come out here and personally thank all these great fans. I've had the time of my life in the AWA and enjoyed an incredible run with the world title. These fans helped me get through some tough times and never gave up on me. So, once again, from the bottom of my heart thank you.

The fans give a standing ovation as Ricky blows them kisses and holds up his arms in victory. 

Lance: Without a doubt, one of the greatest wrestlers of our time, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat. 

Commercial Break 

AWA National Tag Team Champs, The Technicians vs. Neil Jordan and Carl Kellerman 

fleming.jpg.80e9d15ee8801ea0a345a67ffb2e84e9.jpgbradr.jpg.49257ef1337b50e83953d543fa369183.jpg

Technicians show off their outstanding chemistry. Fleming hits a snap suplex and tags in Rheingans. Rheingans executes a gut wrench suplex for the win. 

Technicians cut a promo on this weekend's title defense against the Quebec Coalition. Technicians look forward to proving their title win wasn't a fluke. 

Commercial Break 

"The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol vs. Marlon Mason 

idol.jpg.29a92f1f4ea889626b09a958d8d997fd.jpg

Idol easily wins the match with the Las Vegas Leglock. 

Resnick: Austin Idol, it's you and Steve Keirn, one on one this weekend at the Mid South Coliseum. It seems things have really heated up between you two since being in War Games. 

Idol: Yea, you can say I'm heated! Everybody keeps talking about how Stupid Steve Keirn is a war games survivor. Well, guess what? I'm standing tall, right here and now! At the Mid South Coliseum, Tommy Rich and I have scores to settle. Steve Keirn is my target and brother he won't survive because I'm going to make him give up to the Las Vegas Leglock and that's a fact darling!  

Commercial Break 

Footage from the Brown County Arena is shown as Matt Borne returns to team with Rip Oliver against the Bruise Brothers. 

Matt Borne and Rip Oliver vs. Sam Smith and Harold Bannister 

borne.jpg.89ea2e617a7e7b0555820c9794d09f6d.jpgoliver.jpg.d2e9250547ed055503dda41da84cb1e2.jpg

Oliver puts Smith down with a flying forearm blast from the middle ropes. Oliver tags in Borne and Borne finishes things off with the Bomb's Away! 

Resnick: Welcome back Matt Borne. You and Rip Oliver gave the champs quite a scare and I understand Jerry Jarrett is working on signing a rematch. 

Borne: Hey, when my old buddy Rip called me and told me what was going down, that's all I needed to hear. I'm back in the AWA and we're coming after the Bruise Brothers and the world tag titles! 

Oliver: Bruise Brothers put my crippler partner Kerry Brown out of action and they had to pay. Me and Matt are coming to collect! 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Joining me right now are Tommy Rich and Baby Doll.

tommy.jpg.3df03030a01d7e69bfbf8ecf64dcb877.jpg2105483320_babydoll.jpg.7988824becd399ba1f2ff833033414d5.jpg

Thundering boos as Baby Doll walks out with Tommy. Tommy's wearing a T-Shirt that says "Everything is Queen Lawler's fault" 

Baby Doll: You know the drill Resnick. Stand there and keep quiet. 

The fans start the "You Quit" clap clap "You Quit" clap clap 

Rich tears off his shirt and yells at them. 

Rich: I never said those words! Never! This is what I'm talking about Resnick! Everything's Lawler's fault! Everything! I'll prove it. Last December I beat Lawler fair and square in a loser leaves town match. Then I slayed the Dragon to win the AWA world title. I was defending the title with honor night in and night out. Fast forward a few months and guess who comes back? That sore loser Lawler! And what does he do? Costs me the world title because I beat him up in front of all his fans in Memphis. I can't help it if those animals caused a riot. But that's the reason Jerry Jarrett gave. Now, we all know Lawler is Jarrett's golden boy and they've always been in cahoots. I know that Ref in War Games was paid off because I never ever said I Quit! You see the proof Resnick? Now, after saying all that, I'm out here to make a promise. At the Mid South Coliseum, Lawler's backyard, in front of all his friends and family, I get him one more time in a NO DQ match. And I promise, I will rid the AWA of Queen Lawler once and for all and there isn't a damn thing Jarrett can do about it!  

Commercial Break 

The Teamsters vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez

huber.jpg.d1e63ccbc8ff61ff78b441ed9a76047d.jpgveasey.jpg.b84de2c0f52b673b7fe05dcd0f19e125.jpg

Spike Huber and Dale Veasey have been making their presence known in the AWA and tonight is no different as they hammer their opponents and win the match with a double gut buster! 

Commercial Break

Footage from the Brown County Arena is shown of the fallout between Carlos Colon and Curtis Iaukea.  

Kokina w/Jimmy Snuka vs. Todd Rooney 

kokina.jpg.f9f06b888f30e4c1a37fbeaab73456ba.jpg

Snuka's out for moral support as Kokina tunes up for his AWA International title shot this weekend in Memphis. Snuka applauds as Kokina wins the match with the Samoan Drop. 

Resnick: Jimmy, your partner Kokina has a tremendous opportunity this weekend. International Champ Mike George and his manager Greg Gagne seem to be taking Kokina lightly.

Snuka: Big mistake Brutha! As you can see my man Kokina is hungry and ready! I'll be in Kokina's corner to make sure Greg Gagne stays outta things. I am very proud of Kokina and his time has come.

Resnick: Best of luck to you Kokina. Now Jimmy, I have to ask your opinion of what went down between Carlos Colon and Curtis Iaukea. I understand Carlos has gone home to clear his head. 

Snuka: I have no idea what happened and why. My friendship with Carlos ended a long time ago but I shed no tears for Curtis Iaukea. 

Commercial Break 

We come back to Brenda Britton standing in front of a city alley. 

Britton: Hi everybody! The day has finally arrived. I've been told that Gerry Morrow is back in this alley. I told you all I would find him. I told you I would never ever give up. The time has come, let's get Gerry. 

The camera follows Brenda as she walks down the long alleyway. She comes up to a box and sees a man laying under some blankets. 

Britton: Gerry! Gerry! Is that you? 

The man looks up and it's not Gerry. 

Britton: I don't get it. I was told Gerry Morrow was here. 

The Man: Oh Gerry. Yea, he left a couple days ago. 

Britton: What? Where did he go? 

The Man: Lady, information costs. 

Brenda goes to the cameraman and gets 20 dollars from him, then gives it to the man. 

The Man: Ok, go back to the street, walk a couple blocks, take a right and talk to my man Cecil. If anyone knows, it's my man Cecil. I have to go. Good Luck. 

The man runs away as Brenda stands there open mouthed. 

Britton: Dang it! I guess the search continues. Don't worry Gerry, I'll find you! Now lets go see Cecil. 

Commercial Break 

Phil Hickerson and The Original Midnight Express w/Norvell Austin vs. Ted Ruske, Roy Glader and Dave Penson 

hickerson.jpg.ce2d6b14fd704e53a8bf3743291a0c64.jpgmidnites.jpg.c8ee58e1244698a8e5e3d07b1cd8e14d.jpg

The Midnight's hit a double flapjack and Hickerson follows with a leg drop for the win. 

Norvell cuts a promo and brags about his Midnights taking out the Glamour Boys. He boasts about the beating they gave Scott Putski last week. Then he says Tom Zenk's in a world of hurt this weekend in Memphis when Hickerson deals with him. 

Commercial Break 

We come back and The Vin Man is standing in the ring. 

vin.jpg.b8e1273e6aadc39b3657fe9bf23f5f70.jpg

Vin: That's right, the Vin Man is here, yea! I told you I had a big surprise and boy is he. Introducing my newest client who's going to steamroll the competition here in the AWA. I'm talking about EARTHQUAKE FERRIS! 

AC/DC's Shook me all night long plays as Ferris walks out wearing a Hawaiian Shirt, silver chain and sunglasses. He looks like muscle for a bookie. He takes off his glasses, chain and shirt and hands them to Vinnie.

Earthquake Ferris vs. Trent Watkins 

ferris.jpg.75a0dd1b3c05f313b79d3e821cfb2d74.jpg

Ferris destroys Watkins and finishes things off with a corner avalanche. Vinnie runs in and celebrates like he won the Super Bowl. 

Commercial Break 

AWA TV Title Bout 

Nick Busick (C) vs. Billy Jack Strong 

busick.jpg.de786178dd6ea45803150bf04ad2153c.jpgbilly.jpg.0c6386f5a8b4fc47568d78e9a72f1fdc.jpg

The bell rings and these guys come out swinging. Billy rakes Busick's eyes, kicks him and sends him flying with an overhead German Suplex. Billy grabs Busick, swings him to the ropes and clotheslines him down 1..2..Kick Out. Billy chokes away on Busick, picks him up hits a backbreaker 1..2..Kick Out. Billy swings Busick into the corner and charges in but Busick sticks up his boot and nails Billy in the face. 

Busick regroups. Billy staggers up as Busick puts him down with a running clothesline 1..2..Kick Out. Busick picks up Billy and hits a delayed vertical suplex. Busick swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop 1..2..Billy gets his shoulder up. Busick reaches down but Billy lowblows him, pulls Busick's trunks and sends him through the ropes. 

Billy regroups and goes to the outside. Billy picks up Busick but Busick starts punching away and swings Billy into the steel post. Billy lays against the post as Busick charges but Billy moves and Busick hits the post shoulder first. Billy picks up Busick and hits a shoulder breaker! The Ref hits 10 as Billy slides back in the ring. 

Winner of the Match by C.O.- Billy Jack Strong. However, the title does not change hands. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Fans, this weekend at the Mid South Coliseum, Jerry Lawler and Tommy Rich will go at it one more time in a NO DQ Match. Coming out now is Jerry "The King" Lawler. 

Massive cheers as Lawler comes out with a serious look. 

lawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpg

Resnick: You heard Tommy Rich earlier and I'm sure you have a lot to say.

Lawler: Tommy Rich, you're the biggest cry baby and coward I've ever come across in my life. You've done nothing on your own since coming to the AWA. Whether it's that Jezebel Baby Doll or your stooge Austin Idol. You always need help. Why? Because you're helpless! Not only that but you're a quitter! You can't take a beating when your friends aren't around to help. In the Mid South Coliseum I'm going to make sure I finish the job. No more excuses! Like you say, in front of all my friends and family I'm going to give you an ass kicking that's long overdue! Say your goodbyes Tommy because your time in the AWA is over! 

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steamboat starts the show with a heartfelt goodbye. 

The Technicians are ready to prove their title reign is the real deal.

Idol calls his shot vowing to make Keirn tap out.

Borne & Oliver are still hot on the Bruise Brothers trail.

Rich is convinced there's foul play going on & it may just be the thing that pushes him to victory.

Teamsters get a showcase.

Snuka's got no time to parse out what Colon's doing, he's focused on being there for Kokina.

Brenda's a little late but at least she's on the right track.

Norvell's boys are on a roll but Zenk may put a stop to that.

Ferris returns with a splash.

Strong technically beats the champ but the belt still eludes him. Round 3 coming up!

The King closes the show with a promise to send Rich out of the AWA.

AWA @ The Mid South Coliseum, Memphis TN, 10-2-87

awa2.jpg.f9782ae0c524d7a10c4fdd27cab51447.jpg

"The Calgary Flame" Bruce Hart defeated Salvatore Bellomo with the Boston Crab 

Crusher Blackwell defeated Tim Patterson with a big splash 

Uncommon Alliance defeated Gene Ligon and Stoney Burke when Kirchner executed a backbreaker on Ligon and held him while Barr came off the middle rope with a knee drop to Ligon's chest. 

"The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol vs. "The Fabulous One" Steve Keirn 

A lot of heat in this one as these guys just pummeled each other. After a few minutes Keirn clotheslines Idol over the top rope. While Idol's outside, he reaches in his pants and pulls out a foreign object. Idol finally gets to the apron. Keirn rushes over, Idol takes a swing, Keirn ducks and is in the process of back suplexing Idol, but Idol swings down and nails Keirn with the object. Idol crashes down on top as the Ref counts 1..2..3! Idol steals this one and the fans are pissed.

Winner of the Match- Austin Idol 

Phil Hickerson w/Norvell Austin vs. "The Z-Man" Tom Zenk 

Zenk really frustrates Hickerson with his speed and high octane offense. Hickerson slows things down and methodically beats down Zenk with bruising moves and hits. Zenk comes back hard and his fired up comeback is enough to make a signal to the back. The fans boo when the Midnight Express run towards the ring. But WAIT! From the crowd, the Glamour Boys and Scott Putski jumped the railing in street clothes and are all over Norvell and the Midnights! The crowd is going bonkers! All this allows Zenk to dropkick Hickerson into the corner and roll him up for the pin! Zenk bails. As Hickerson gets up, Putski runs in the ring and puts him down with the Polish Hammer! On the outside, the Glamour Boys are all over the Midnights until a swarm of security runs out. The Glamour Boys are back! 

Winner of the Match- Tom Zenk 

AWA National Tag Team Title Bout 

The Technicians (C) vs. The Quebec Coalition w/Frenchy Martin 

This match was filled with solid technical wrestling mixed in with some hard hitting aggression. Both teams showed up with their working boots on and by the 15 minute mark, the fans were totally invested. Frenchy gives his team the momentum with some cheap interference. The fans thought the Quebecs were going to regain the titles when Charland hoisted Rheingans up and Lefon nailed him with a leaping clothesline but Fleming saves things. A few minutes later, Technicians come back hard and send Charland flying off the apron with a double forearm blast. They swing Lefon to the ropes nail him with double fists to the gut as Rheingans follows with a cradle suplex for the decisive win! Frenchy runs in to argue with the Ref. The Technicians nail him with double boots to the gut and follow with a crowd pleasing double suplex! 

Winners of the match and still AWA National tag team champs- The Technicians 

AWA International Title Bout 

"Marvelous" Mike George (C) w/Greg Gagne vs. Kokina w/Jimmy Snuka 

With Snuka keeping his eye on Gagne, Kokina was focused and brought his power as he had George seriously bumping all over the place. George was able to weather the storm and show off his move set. Kokina came back with an impressive side kick to change the momentum. Kokina swung off the ropes and hit George with a diving headbutt. This is when Gagne jumped on the apron to distract the Ref. Snuka runs over and yanks Gagne down, then blasted him with chops. Inside the ring, Kokina hoisted George up for the Samoan Drop but GAMA SINGH and BRUCE HART slide in the ring and both tackle Kokina behind the knees and push him forward with George on top. Gama and Bruce slide to the outside. George rolls over and covers as the Ref turns around and counts 1..2..3! BOOOOOO! 

Winner of the match and still AWA International Champ- Mike George 

NO DQ- ONE LAST TIME! 

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Tommy "Wildfire" Rich w/Baby Doll 

This is it! The intensity is unreal. Tommy gets immediate heat by wearing a T-Shirt that says "Lawler sucks and so does Memphis" The thundering boos turn to earth shattering cheers as Lawler comes down the aisle and storms the ring. 

These two guys just beat the hell out of each other. They fight in the ring, around the ring, up and down the aisle and into the crowd. At the 10 minute mark, both men are bleeding bad. Lawler gets the upper hand and starts choking Rich with a cable. Baby Doll runs over and nails Lawler's back with her loaded purse. Baby Doll pulls out a can of mace but hold on! TOM ZENK runs out, grabs Baby Doll, hoists her up on his shoulder and runs up the aisle with her! 

Lawler goes back towards Rich but Rich lowblows Lawler, grabs him and slams his head into the steel post. Rich clears the cobwebs, sets Lawler up and slaps him across the face. Rich taunts the fans and it takes extra security to prevent the fans from going after Rich.

Rich then grabs the house mic "What a poetic ending. Right here in Memphis, I'm going to piledrive Lawler through the concrete! Rest in Peace Lawler!" Rich tosses the mic as the fans are in full riot mode. 

Rich slowly hoists Lawler up but Lawler back drops Rich on the concrete! Both men are laying side by side and both men are a bloody mess. Lawler slowly rises and down comes his strap. The fans are going nuts.

OH NO! Here comes Austin Idol, OH YES! Here comes Steve Keirn (With a bandaged head) Keirn is all over Idol, grabs him and hits a reverse DDT on the concrete! Idol is out!

Lawler hurls Rich into the ring. He puts his knee on Rich's chest and pounds away on Rich's bloody head. Lawler picks up Rich and piledrives him down. Lawler picks up Rich and once again piledrives him down. Lawler signals one more time to the cheering fans and piledrives Rich a 3rd time! Lawler goes to the top rope, relishes the moment, looks around and really takes it all in. The fans are up and roaring as Lawler nails Rich with his flying fist drop for 1..2..3!!!! 

The fans blow the roof off the Coliseum! 

Jerry "The King" Lawler is at home and standing tall! 

Hart, Blackwell & the Uncommon Alliance due their part to get the crowd warmed up.

Idol claims the first win in his feud with Keirn.

Zenk gets his backup leading to a win against Hickerson.

The Technicians prove they're the real deal.

Gama & Hart prove their commitment to making the AWA great again but they've made powerful enemies in Snuka & Kokina.

The King overcomes all the craziness to put Rich down for good. Good work tying in the Idol/Keirn feud & Zenk's alliance with Lawler.

NO.... it can't be the last time for Lawler vs Rich!!!  One More Time!!!  

Thought that was the best Beauty Shop yet!!  Where is Morrow?  $20 not well spent.  lol

Snuka being real honest... My friendship with Colon ended a long time ago!!  I think he is going to hate Gagne like he does Iaukea really soon.

Idol vs Keirn is one of my favorite and most believable feuds in the game right now.  This could be your main event for months and you would be printing money!!

AWA is always such a great read.  Thanks!!

Steamboat says farewell to the AWA, he had a helluva run here.

Ms. Brenda's search for Morrow continues to be entertaining. 

Idol gets the win over Keirn, these guys seem tailor made for a feud...enjoying it so far.

Gagne and his crew steal one from Kokina and keep the gold!

Then the one I came to see....The King puts down the evil Tommy Rich whose reign of terror in the AWA has been legendary....with Z-Man taking Baby Doll out of the equation being a key factor.  What's next for everyone's favorite smart ass t-shirt wearing heel??

AWA - Steamboat putting out some love for the fans on his way out. I also want to put over Rich and Lawler as the absolute Feud of the year. These guys have twisted and turned all over the country and blood has been spelt all along the way. It is a testament that you can put together that long term of booking and keep it going in a positive way.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 10-7-87

Footage from the Mid South Coliseum is shown. Jerry Lawler piledrives Tommy Rich 3 times, then follows with a fist drop from the top rope to win the last encounter. 

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another exciting edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Tremendous show lined up. Mando Guerrero makes his AWA debut tonight. The TV title contenders match is back and the two names drawn were Johnny Smith of the British Bombers and Dale Veasey of the Teamsters. The winner will face Nick Busick next week for the TV title. Huge main event as Al Perez takes on his rival Larry Zbyszko. All that and a lot more. Joining me now is the AWA world champion Bad News Brown. 

1523393988_badnews.jpg.f11c2fc3ef6a3d2afbd8ef4b160b3e85.jpg

Brown comes out with an intimidating look, suit, no tie and wearing some gold chains. The world title is on his shoulder. 

Lance: No question about it, since winning the world title in July, you've faced and defeated all comers. 

Brown: Of course I have! I told you and all these beer belly sharecroppers out here that there's nobody in the AWA that can take this here title from me...nobody! 

Lance: You might be right. Well, I'm here to announce that on October 21st at the Market Square Arena, you will defend the title against Jerry Lawler. 

Huge pop

Brown: Am I supposed to be worried? Do I look nervous? I'm not! As a matter of fact, I've been waiting for this moment. Lawler walks around calling himself the King, but brother this title proves that I'm the top dog in the AWA and not you! I'm no Tommy Rich. You thought he made your life hell, just wait until you step in the ring with me. I'm going to show no mercy and I'm going to prove to you what I already know. I'm King around here! 

Brown holds up the title and raises his fist.

Commercial Break 

The Glamour Boys vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez 

simpson.jpg.8a24c045e095a2272a24a2c3d5fa33bc.jpgsdoll.jpg.9546a5251ff01c4e4a0a2930b7489d4e.jpg

The fans are up and cheering as the Glamour Boys give them an exciting showcase. They hit the Glam, Slam, Thank You Maam and it's all over. 

The fans keep cheering as Scott Putski joins them at ringside.

Resnick: Ok, welcome back! Just listening to these fans, I can say they really missed you. Last weekend the three of you made quite an impact and took it to the Midnight Express and Phil Hickerson. 

Putski: I just want to tell you guys that I got your back. I know you have a major score to settle with the Midnight Express and I'm going to make sure Phil Hickerson stays out of it. 

Doll: Thank you Scott! We know we can count on you and you can count on us. Norvell Austin and his Midnight Express thought they finished us off for good when they attacked us in the steel cage. Ken, do we look finished? 

Resnick: Not to me, no. 

Simpson: You got that right! Norvell! You and your Midnight Express failed and failed miserably. We're back and we're gunning for you! 

Commercial Break 

Footage is shown as Austin Idol tries to interfere in the Lawler/Rich match but Steve Keirn runs down and gives Idol a reverse DDT on the concrete. 

"The Fabulous One" Steve Keirn vs. Neil Jordan 

keirn.jpg.87dcd55dc5af63f191f4e1f090dc17f9.jpg

Keirn is pumped up tonight and wins the match with a reverse DDT. 

Resnick: I've been told that Austin Idol was just released from the hospital and it'll be a little while before he's cleared for action. Your thoughts Steve?

Keirn: Look, I didn't take pleasure in putting Idol in the hospital. Things got out of control. Everybody knows what him and Tommy Rich are capable of, and I had to stop him before things really escalated. I mean earlier that night Idol busted my head open with a foreign object to beat me. As far as I'm concerned, we're even and my issues with him are finally over. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Up next is the TV title contender's match...wait a minute, Billy Jack Strong is coming. 

Strong: Everybody saw me beat Nick Busick last week. There may be a contender's match but I want to let Busick know, I'm not done with you and that TV title belongs to me. 

Strong storms off. 

Resnick: Nick Busick and Billy Jack Strong each have a count out win over the other and I'm sure Busick will have no problem giving him a rematch. However, the winner of our next match gets the next TV title shot. 

Johnny Smith vs. Dale Veasey 

smith.jpg.6377b3c6f4cf938ac07416c1e2170002.jpgveasey.jpg.b84de2c0f52b673b7fe05dcd0f19e125.jpg

Veasey is all over Smith as soon as the bell rings. Veasey rakes Smith's eyes and slams him down hard. Veasey stomps away on Smith and drops an elbow 1..2..Kick Out. Veasey swings Smith to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Smith swings back and clotheslines Veasey down. Smith regroups. 

Smith swings Veasey to the ropes and back drops him. Veasey staggers up as Smith dropkicks him down. Smith hops on the middle turnbuckles. Veasey rises as Smith puts him down with a double axehandle 1..2..Kick Out. Smith swings Veasey into the corner and charges in but Veasey puts his boot up and Smith hits it face first. 

Veasey shakes the cobwebs and chokes Smith on the top rope, then flings him back. Veasey picks up Smith and suplexes him. Veasey hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Veasey swings Smith to the ropes but Smith comes back and puts Veasey down with a shoulder block. Veasey gets up and charges Smith but Smith grabs him and hits a belly to belly suplex 1..2..Veasey gets his foot on the rope. 

Smith pounds away on Veasey. Smith hoists Veasey up for a vertical suplex but from under the ring, SPIKE HUBER pops up and grabs Smith's leg. (The Ref doesn't see this) Smith falls down with Veasey on top as the Ref counts 1..2..3! 

Huber backs up the aisle celebrating but DAVE TAYLOR runs out and nails him with a running forearm blast! Veasey tries to run out but Smith sends him through the ropes with a high knee. Smith goes to the outside. Huber staggers up as the British Bombers swing Veasey into him. Bombers stand tall but Dale Veasey gets the title shot next week. 

Commercial Break 

Mando Guerrero vs. Todd Rooney

mando.jpg.99d7dbe9cfcf4b550e6e4be5251b6601.jpg

After a successful run in the Pacific, Mando arrives in the AWA. Mando stretches Rooney pretty good before turning things up and hitting a flying press for the win. 

Resnick: Mando, welcome to the AWA. Everybody knows how legendary the Guerrero family is and I know these people are excited to have a Guerrero in the AWA.

Mando: Thank you Ken. I'm proud to represent my family name and I will continue to do so with pride. The goal in this business is to win a title and simply put, that's my goal in the AWA. 

Commercial Break 

Footage from the Mid South Coliseum is shown as Gama Singh and Bruce Hart interfere and help Mike George retain his International title against Kokina. 

Resnick: Joining me now is Greg Gagne, Gama Singh, Bruce Hart and the AWA International champion Mike George. Greg, you keep talking about making the AWA great again but I'm not sure I agree with your tactics. The constant interfering really puts a black mark on the International title. 

Gagne: You make me laugh Resnerd. The AWA has been nothing but crazy chaos. We're finally bringing some order around here. 

Cheers as Polynesian Power come out. 

Gagne: Look at these savages. I think I proved my point. 

Snuka: The odds may be against us but why don't the 4 of you take on the 2 of us. Right here, right now! 

The fans cheer.

Gama: I'll take this one Greg. We don't have time to deal with heathens like you, but I know who does. 

VENOMOUS comes out and attacks Polynesian Power from behind. They double slam Kokina on the concrete. They hurl Snuka into the ring. Cobra snap suplexes Snuka as Scorpio follows with a 450 splash from the top rope! 

Gagne: HAHAHA! Did you see that Resnerd? Beautiful. 

Hart: That was amazing! A lot better than the Superfly Splash. 

Gama: I told you they were the real deal. 

George: As Greg said, we don't have time for those lower level types. Our focus is this International title and it's going to stay with me, forever! 

Everybody laughs and walks off.

Commercial Break 

The biggest event of the year takes place from the St. Paul Civic Center on Saturday, December 10th. Live on pay per view, the AWA presents SUPER CLASH 2! 

"The Z-Man" Tom Zenk vs. Neil Jordan 

zenk.jpg.271cb3c06fa5b064cc0c81a91ec57709.jpg

Zenk is on an offensive flurry and wins the match with the Superkick!

Resnick: Tom, the fans in Memphis had a great laugh when you carried Baby Doll out on your shoulder. 

Zenk: I fought side by side with Jerry Lawler in the War Games and that bonded us for life. I couldn't take any more of Baby Doll's cheating and it was time to put an end to it. Tommy Rich and Baby Doll are gone and the AWA's a better place. 

Commercial Break 

AWA World Tag Team Champs The Bruise Brothers (Atlas and Cameron) w/Snowman vs. Carl Kellerman and Sam Smith 

atlas.jpg.aeceb2b810ca79d7f91aa2a5858eded3.jpgcameron.jpg.9a3062af92b41b9e4224044b78503c0e.jpgsnowman.jpg.8707a32a546277c3841293ff0d0c1573.jpg

Atlas military press slams Smith, then tags in Cameron. Cameron finishes things off with a running double axehandle to the face. 

Resnick: On October 21st at the Market Square Arena, the Bruise Brothers will defend the world tag titles in a rematch with Rip Oliver and Matt Borne. 

Atlas: Those chumps are going down! We know who we're fighting now and they haven't got a chance! 

The Bruise Brothers flex their muscles and hold their titles high. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Fans, next week you'll see Nick Busick defend the TV title against Dale Veasey. We'll hear comments from Austin Idol. I understand we will see more footage of Brenda Britton's search for Gerry Morrow. I believe Carlos Colon will speak to us. That should be very interesting. And Jerry "The King" Lawler will be here. Our main event is up next. 

Commercial Break 

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez vs. "The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko 

alp.jpg.385babc5f99261bd7642a5fc6931960f.jpg1484051026_larryz.jpg.191b83bb9ed53893bacae554b010d3fc.jpg

The bell rings but as always, Larry rolls to the outside and plays the stalling game. While he's out there arguing with the fans, Perez runs out, blasts him with punches and hurls him back in the ring. Perez swings Larry to the ropes and dropkicks him down. Larry staggers up as Perez scoop slams him down. Perez follows with a standing leg drop 1..2..Kick Out. Perez swings Larry to the ropes and back drops him. Larry bounces and rolls out of the ring. Larry tries to stand but falls back down as the fans laugh. Larry finally gets on the apron at the 8 count. Larry's holding the ropes as Perez grabs the ropes and flings Larry back in the ring. Perez picks up Larry for a German Suplex but Larry mulekicks him. 

Perez is keeled over as Larry tries to regain his senses. Larry staggers over and picks up Perez and executes a belly to back suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Larry angrily stomps down on Perez. Larry picks up Perez and hits a delayed vertical suplex. Larry swings off the ropes and hits a delayed knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Larry spends to much time berating the Ref and fans. He picks up Perez and goes for a swinging neckbreaker but Perez fights it and back drops Larry. 

Larry staggers up as Perez clotheslines him down. Perez swings Larry to the ropes and hits a flying back elbow smash 1..2..Kick Out. Perez senses victory as he hoists Larry up for the helicopter drop but Larry fights it, gets to his feet, back drops Perez over. Larry wobbles around, picks up Perez and swings him towards the corner but Perez jumps on the turnbuckles and hits a reverse press but Larry rolls over with the momentum and grabs Perez's tights 1..2..3! BOOOOO! 

Larry rolls out of the ring and points his finger to his head and twirls it as Perez looks on with anger and disappointment. 

Gotta give credit to Bad News for no-sellling a title shot against Lawler.

Putski & the Glamour Boys make common cause. I'm predicting some wild six man tags.

Keirn declares his issue with Idol is over, I have a feeling the Heartthrob will disagree.

Veasey gets the shot next week but Billy Jack is still on the hunt. Glad to see the weekly contenders match return. I'll say openly that I got the idea from weekly TV title matches from you.

Mando with a solid debut.

Venomous leave Polynesian Power laying proving their worth to Gagne.

Z-man is on a roll.

The Bruise Brothers aren't sweating a rematch with Oliver & Borne.

Perez has no time for Larry Z's stalling. However Zbyszko takes the a shortcut leaving plenty of room for the feud to continue.

Well...Tommy Rich is gone and Jerry Lawler has immediately become Bad News' problem. This is gonna be fun!

Keirn declares himself done with Austin Idol, I'm sure Idol will respect that and move on.....or perhaps not.

Zenk is building momentum here in the AWA!

The Legend gets the win over The Heartthrob but this isn't over I'm quite sure.  Digging this feud!

AWA continues to roll.  Every time I wonder who is next up for the title shot, I forget Jerry Lawler is the man here in the AWA.  I like how Bad News reminded Lawler that he isn't Tommy Rich.  

I have said if before but to me Keirn vs Idol is huge.  I think the winner moves on to big things in the AWA!!

You have done a great deal with a prolonged run with Snuka.  I could never make him the star that he deserved to be.  I had such trouble with his promos.  You have done a great job with him as a baby face monster that it just works.  Looking forward to this new feud with Gagne.

Great job increasing the attention of the TV title.  Bully better be careful.  

We have done a lot of great things here in Dawn of War that made wrestling in 1987 pretty creative but when I look at you taking some lesser know talent in Cameron and Snowman and making them into the new version of the Bruise Brothers, I am really happy we started this a few years back.  

Awesome!!

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 10-14-87

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another exciting edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Tonight, Nick Busick defends his AWA TV title against Dale Veasey of the Teamsters. Professor Bill Ash's Honor Roll takes on Uncommon Alliance. Carlos Colon will address us. And Jerry Lawler will be here to talk about his upcoming AWA world title shot against Bad News Brown next Saturday at Market Square Arena. So much going on, let's get to the ring. 

"Dynamite" DJ Peterson vs. Neil Jordan 

dj.jpg.d21b85baa6a0067301952f842af11acd.jpg

DJ kicks things off with a diving shoulder block from the top rope for the win. 

Commercial Break 

The Original Midnight Express w/Norvell Austin vs. Patrick Keen and Harold Bannister 

midnites.jpg.c8ee58e1244698a8e5e3d07b1cd8e14d.jpg

Norvell cheers his team on as they hit the double flapjack for the easy victory. 

Phil Hickerson joins them at ringside. 

Resnick: Norvell, the Glamour Boys are back and your Express will face them next Saturday at the Market Square Arena. But first, this weekend at the Freeman Coliseum, Phil Hickerson takes on Scott Putski. 

Norvell: So those pretty boy punks have come back for more? They are a lot dumber than they look. They're not a threat, now they're just an annoyance and my boys will put them down for good next weekend. 

Hickerson: Putski! Listen up punk! You stuck your nose in our business and now you're going to pay! 

Norvell: See, I have nothing to worry about. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Fans, right now we're going to hear from Austin Idol, who's at home recuperating from a neck injury. 

Idol is at home sitting on his couch wearing a neck brace. 

Idol: Last week I heard the comments from Steve Keirn. He said we're even and he's moving on. Oh no darling! Look at me! Look what you did to me Keirn! As far as I'm concerned this is far from over and you're not getting away from me. No, no, no! It's not that easy. I'm going to hit you and hit you hard. You won't know when or where, but I assure you it's coming! 

Commercial Break 

Uncommon Alliance vs. The Honor Roll w/Professor Bill Ash 

barr2.jpg.eabe2eaf7b0ad1ccca73c7822c17ff69.jpgkirchner.jpg.a7dbc455e6129723c65548500bec3f3f.jpgkelly.jpg.2989948565b26937ea89b8960bba2ce7.jpgrip.jpg.79204e93ea07378975a297575080f041.jpg

Two interesting stories here. Ash says he's put together the total sum of a tag team in Kevin Kelly and Rip Morgan. They were unsuccessful in their debut but Ash assured them he would make this work. On the flip side, Kirchner and Barr earned each other's respect after a match and decided to start teaming up. 

The match is hard hitting as the tide goes back and forth. Uncommon Alliance almost gets the win with a double Russian Leg Sweep on Kelly, but Morgan breaks it. Moments later, The Honor Roll almost put Barr away with a double back suplex but this time Kirchner breaks it. The match goes on and eventually a pier six brawl breaks out. A miscue by The Honor Roll causes them to collide. Kelly staggers back as Kirchner kicks him in the mid section and Barr follows with a running bulldog for the win! 

Uncommon Alliance exit as the fans cheer. Inside the ring, Kelly staggers up and pushes Morgan. Morgan pushes him back as tempers flare. Ash runs in and talks to each man and calms things down. Ash is assuring them that this will work. We shall see. 

Commercial Break 

Earthquake Ferris w/The Vin Man vs. Trent Watkins 

ferris.jpg.75a0dd1b3c05f313b79d3e821cfb2d74.jpg

Ferris swings Watkins into the corner and follows with a corner splash. Ferris hoists him on his shoulders and executes the Ferris Wheel (Airplane Spin) drops him and covers for the 1..2..3! 

Resnick: Very impressive win for your man Earthquake Ferris. 

Vinnie: You said it Rezzy! My man Ferris is steamrolling over all the competition and nobody can stop him. You know I saw that doofus DJ Peterson out here earlier. Maybe he wants to try.

Ferris and Vinnie get a good laugh at that before leaving. 

Commercial Break 

1839543768_clash2.jpg.0cd0324501fa10267ca783969a9b7b76.jpg

Live on Pay Per View. Saturday December 10th. From the St. Paul Civic Center. The AWA presents its biggest event of the year. Super Clash 2! 

Resnick: Joining me now is Carlos Colon. 

colon2.jpg.0b1809729f06a5a88182ec6ebdf57b33.jpg

Colon gets a mixed reaction as he walks out with a very solemn look. 

Resnick: Carlos, I think these fans aren't quite sure what's going on with you. A few weeks ago, you parted ways with Curtis Iaukea after he interfered in your match with Jimmy Snuka. You beat Iaukea up pretty good with a kendo stick. We all want to know, what's going inside your head? 

Colon: (pauses) Over the past year I've done some inexcusable and unforgivable things. A while ago my conscience started to get to me. I wanted to prove to myself that I could get the job done on my own. I promised Snuka no interference, one on one. I made this very clear to Iaukea. Because of Iaukea my promise was broken. Enough is enough. I am done with Curtis Iaukea! I went back home and my family wants the old me back. I know I've done horrible things but I need to redeem myself. I need to get the fans trust back. 

Thundering boos as Curtis Iaukea storms out. 

curtis.jpg.d653a32aa2083b1bc8c32108b2dba9a2.jpg

Iaukea: Carlos Colon! I should've known you didn't have it in you! I should've known you were always weak at heart. You want out? Fine with me. However, you must suffer the consequences of your actions. You will suffer right now! (Iaukea points behind Colon) This man will make you suffer.

Colon turns around and a fireball is thrown in his face! 

Resnick: Oh NO! We need help! Now! 

Colon is on the ground yelling and holding his face. Medics run out to tend to him. Iaukea picks up the mic. 

Iaukea: The only people you can rely on his blood. Carlos Colon, meet my son Abbuda Iaukea! Your demise! 

abbuda.jpg.80fb3378e67249e43be6447f80cbb722.jpg

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Carlos Colon obviously suffered severe burns to his face. He's been rushed to the nearby hospital. I just can't believe what we just witnessed. Absolutely horrific. I hope I can get myself together. Let's go to the ring. 

Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Dave Penson 

tatsumi.jpg.1e1834386b7e892b94d52b8d478288cd.jpg

The fans are still in shock but luckily Fujinami gives them a solid showcase to help wear off the shock. Fujinami wins the match with the Dragon Plex. 

Commercial Break 

We come back and see Brenda Britton standing on a street corner. 

Britton: After two weeks I'm still unable to track down Gerry Morrow. I just don't know what to do.

A man walks up. 

Man: Excuse me Miss, but did you say Gerry Morrow? 

Britton: YES! Do you know where he is? 

Man: No, but is it true? Did he really lose all his money? 

Britton: He did but I know he can make a comeback. I know he can! 

Man: Jeez, that guy's an idiot. How in the world do you lose all that money? 

Britton: Get out of here! Now! 

The man scurries away.

Britton: Oh Gerry! I don't care what anybody says. I'll find you and you will be back! Toooodles. 

Commercial Break 

The Quebec Coalition w/Frenchy Martin vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez 

charland.jpg.f9285405741e55c8e529a2262081f7e6.jpglafon.jpg.0e70bfc688990f8c2716cc05b521c209.jpgfrenchy.jpg.4a3f521b7a51982d6e031fd38e330704.jpg

Frenchy waves the Quebec Flag as Charland hits an inverted piledriver and Lefon follows with a Senton for the win. 

Commercial Break 

AWA TV Title Bout 

Nick Busick (C) vs. Dale Veasey w/Spike Huber 

busick.jpg.de786178dd6ea45803150bf04ad2153c.jpgveasey.jpg.b84de2c0f52b673b7fe05dcd0f19e125.jpg

The bell rings. Huber is distracting Busick as Veasey clotheslines Busick from behind. Veasey stomps away on Busick, picks him up and gives him a snap suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Veasey sets Busick's head on the bottom rope and chokes away. The Ref backs him off which allows Huber to choke Busick on the rope. Veasey runs up and gives Busick a guillotine with his leg. Veasey picks up Busick and throat drops him on the top rope. Veasey goes to the top rope and goes for a knee drop but Busick moves. 

Both men slowly stagger up. Busick grabs Veasey and drops him with a short arm clothesline. Busick angrily stomps away on Veasey. Busick picks up Veasey and executes a delayed vertical suplex 1..2..Huber reaches in and pulls Busick. Busick gets up and heads out towards Huber but before he gets out there, the BRITISH BOMBERS run out and put Huber down with a double clothesline! 

Veasey staggers up but Busick turns around and kicks Veasey in the gut and follows with a twirling backbreaker. Busick swings Veasey to the ropes and hits the Spinebuster Slam 1..2..3! Big Pop! 

The Ref hands Busick his TV title. Busick hops up on the middle turnbuckle and holds his title high. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans, next week we hope to have an update on Carlos Colon. Just like everyone else, I'm still shaken up over that. Switching gears, next Saturday at the Market Square Arena, Bad News Brown will defend the AWA world title against my guest Jerry "The King" Lawler.

Huge pop as Lawler walks out.

Lance: Well Jerry, now that your long feud with Tommy Rich is finally over, you have an opportunity to regain the AWA world title. 

Lawler: Lance, sending Tommy Rich packing is a tremendous feeling. However, there's no feeling better than holding the AWA world title. I want Bad News Brown to know, I'm coming at him with everything I've got because there's nothing I want more than to become AWA world champion once again. I plan on doing that next Saturday night. 

Peterson kicks us off with a win.

Norvell is fully confident in his men & I don't blame him.

Idol kills the piece that Kiern wanted.

Ash definitely has a few kinks to work out but there's potential for his Honor Roll. Meanwhile, the Uncommon Alliance continues to prove beneficial to both men.

Ferris is looking good but I'm not sure it's a good idea to go calling out D.J.

The AWA enters the pay-per-view era with Super Clash 2!

Colon's path to redemption begins with Iaukea's son Abbuda.

Fujinami helps get the fans back into the show.

Aww, look at Brenda standing up for her buddy.

Le Coalition with a solid win.

The Bombers give Busick a helping hand in retaining his title.

The King vows to win the world title as we head off the air.

AWA @ The Freedom Hall, Louisville KY 10-16-87

Venomous w/Gama Singh defeated Salvatore Bellomo and Gene Ligon- Cobra hit a snap suplex and Scorpio followed with a 450 splash from the top rope for the win. 

Mando Guerrero and "The Calgary Flame" Bruce Hart battled to a 10 minute draw

Billy Jack Strong defeated Stoney Burke with a running shoulder breaker- Afterwards, Billy hurled Burke out of the ring and rammed him shoulder first into the steel post.

The British Bombers defeated The Teamsters-During a pier six brawl, Smith sent Huber through the ropes with a running high knee as Taylor executed a belly to back suplex on Veasey for the win. 

Abbuda Iaukea w/Curtis Iaukea defeated Tim Patterson- Abbuda hit 3 brutal backbreakers then finished things off with the Camel Clutch. After the match, Abbuda hoisted the lifeless Patterson up and tortured him with the Argentine backbreaker. Moments later, the medics were in the process of taking Patterson out on a stretcher when Abbuda flipped over the stretcher and beat him with a kendo stick. Curtis laughed the entire time with delight. Mega heat for the Iaukea's. 

Scott "Powerhouse" Putski defeated Phil Hickerson w/Norvell Austin by DQ due to interference from Norvell. Putski regrouped quickly and sent Hickerson through the ropes with a polish hammer, then grabbed Norvell and powerslammed him. 

AWA International Title Bout

"Marvelous" Mike George (C) w/Greg Gagne vs. Crusher Blackwell

After 10 minutes, Blackwell had George pinballing all over the place with slams, back drops and clotheslines. Gama Singh ran out to distract the Ref. Blackwell hits a corner avalanche, then pulls George out and hoists him up for a vertical suplex but Gagne reached in and tripped Blackwell. George falls on top, Gagne holds onto Blackwell's boots as the Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! BOOOOOOO! I think the fans are getting tired of the constant interference by Gagne and Gama. 

Winner of the match and still AWA International Champ- Mike George 

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez vs. "The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko 

Once again these guys deliver a solid 30 minute classic. Both men are on their A games tonight and the action is a roller coaster ride. Larry has momentum going and swings Perez into the corner. Larry charges in but Perez moves. Larry staggers back and struggles to gain his balance. Perez hooks him and executes a quick back slide 1..2..3! Big POP! Perez rolls out and celebrates with the fans as Larry sits on his knees looking pissed. 

Venomous provide a exciting opener.

Mando takes the Calgary Flame to a draw.

Billy Jack sends a Strong message.

The Bombers blow up on the Teamsters.

Abbuda makes with a dominating debut victory.

Putski impresses against Hickerson & I'm sure the fans loved the slam on Norvell.

Blackwell gets robbed! Jerry Jerrett has got to be thinking on how to deal with Gagne & co.

Perez sends the crowd home happy with a win over Larry Z.

Idol lets Keirn know it's not over and he show up anywhere at anytime! I love it!

Carlos is looking to redeem himself but I'm not sure this is the "baptism by fire" he was looking for...don't cross King Curtis!

Lawler seems confident heading into his World title match with Bad News but I don't know if he realizes just who he's up against.

Fun house show as The British Bombers get a win, Abudah Iaukea impresses with a dominant win, Mike George pisses everyone off with another successful title defense, but Al Perez ends things on a high note with a win over the Living Legend!

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 10-21-87

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Lots of action tonight including Mando Guerrero taking on Earthquake Ferris with the winner getting a TV title shot next week. Rip Oliver takes on Larry Cameron. Ken Resnick will have an update on the condition of Carlos Colon. He'll also have the misfortune of talking with Curtis Iaukea and his son Abbuda. We'll also be hearing from the AWA world champion Bad News Brown as well as Jerry Lawler. As you know Lawler will challenge Brown for the world title this weekend at the Market Square Arena. Ok, let's get to the ring. 

"The Fabulous One" Steve Keirn vs. Carl Kellerman 

keirn.jpg.87dcd55dc5af63f191f4e1f090dc17f9.jpg

Keirn looks crisp tonight and wins the match with a reverse DDT.

Resnick: Ok, Steve Keirn, I'm sure you heard the comments from Austin Idol last week. He says he isn't finished with you yet.

Keirn: Like I said as far as I'm concerned my issues with Idol are over but I guess in his mind they aren't. Well, let me tell you something Idol, don't make empty threats at me. If you want another fight, sign on the dotted line and fight me like a man! 

Commercial Break 

Billy Jack Strong vs. Trent Watkins

billy.jpg.0c6386f5a8b4fc47568d78e9a72f1fdc.jpg

Billy is aggressive and hard hitting and finishes things off with a shoulder breaker. 

Resnick: Billy, I understand you're upset.

Billy: (cuts off Resnick) Nick Busick is a coward! He's doing nothing but ducking me! He knows he can't beat me and he knows that if we meet again, his TV title is mine! 

Billy storms off.

Resnick: I want to make it clear that these TV title contenders matches were already scheduled. I've heard that Billy Jack Strong will get his title shot in due time. 

Commercial Break 

Venomous w/Gama Singh vs. Harold Bannister and Patrick Kleen 

scorp2.jpg.02f9dd455c9557ec5246ac4c06be361a.jpgcobra.jpg.62d019d2a8dbb40b7f20875c706adb0e.jpg

Gama nods in approval as Cobra hits a snap suplex on Kleen, then Scorpio follows with a 450 Splash for the exciting win. 

The fans go wild as Polynesian Power knock over Gama and hit the ring! They double clothesline Cobra over the top rope! Kokina hits the Samoan drop on Scorpio as Snuka follows with the Superfly Splash! Polynesian Power are looking savage and standing tall. 

Commercial Break 

ZZ Top's 'Sharp Dress Man' plays as a man gets off a private jet. He struts down the steps and gets into a limo. The next scene, he's getting fitted for tailor made suits. He looks himself over in the mirror and smiles, then puts on a pair of sunglasses. 

adams.jpg.177b4c962e2bd0b235f2955f6c59b51c.jpg

"Gentleman" Chris Adams is coming to the AWA! 

The Teamsters vs. Duncan Clark and Gregory Mitchell 

huber.jpg.d1e63ccbc8ff61ff78b441ed9a76047d.jpgveasey.jpg.b84de2c0f52b673b7fe05dcd0f19e125.jpg

Teamsters rough up their opponents before finishing them off with a double front face suplex! 

Commercial Break 

Winner gets a TV title shot next week 

Mando Guerrero vs. Earthquake Ferris w/The Vin Man 

mando.jpg.99d7dbe9cfcf4b550e6e4be5251b6601.jpgferris.jpg.75a0dd1b3c05f313b79d3e821cfb2d74.jpg

Mando puts his veteran skills to use as he takes Ferris down and works over his leg. The fans are cheering as Mando applies the spinning toe hold. Vinnie hops on the apron. Mando releases the hold and takes a swing at Vinnie but Vinnie hops down quick. Vinnie's yelling at Mando as Ferris staggers up and sends Mando through the ropes with a clubbing forearm blast. Ferris distracts the Ref as Vinnie stomps on Mando and hurls him back in the ring. 

Ferris grabs the top rope and drops several big knee drops on Mando. He picks up Mando and drops him throat first on the top rope. Ferris drops a big elbow 1..2..Mando gets his foot on the rope. Ferris picks up Mando and slams him down hard. Ferris swings off the ropes for a splash but Mando moves. Both men are lying side by side.

Both men slowly stagger up. Mando leaps on the middle turnbuckles and hits a reverse flying press on Ferris 1..2..Kick Out. Ferris gets to his knees as Mando nails him with a running knee lift 1..2..Vinnie reaches in and pulls the Ref away. The Ref gets up and yells at Vinnie. 

BRUCE HART hits the ring, grabs Mando and executes a belly to back suplex! Hart gets out of there. Ferris gets up and hits a big splash on Mando. The Ref turns around and counts 1..2..3! BOOOOOOO! 

Vinnie runs in and celebrates with Ferris.

Commercial Break 

A graphic warning is shown before footage is shown from last week of Abbuda Iaukea throwing a fireball in the face of Carlos Colon. That's followed by footage from the Freeman Coliseum as Abbuda brutally beats up Tim Patterson and even flips over the stretcher he was on. 

Resnick: Fans, I can tell you that Carlos Colon is still undergoing treatment in the hospital. That was one of the most terrifying and evil acts I've ever seen perpetrated. I really wish Carlos a speedy recovery. (Deep Breath) Joining me now are Curtis Iaukea and his son Abbuda. 

Massive boos 

abbuda.jpg.80fb3378e67249e43be6447f80cbb722.jpgcurtis.jpg.d653a32aa2083b1bc8c32108b2dba9a2.jpg

Resnick: I have to say Curtis, that was low even for you. Carlos Colon has suffered severe burns and that young prospect Tim Patterson is in the hospital with a broken back. Totally uncalled for! I can't believe a father would have his own son commit horrible acts like that. 

Curtis: (maniacal laugh) How little you know. My son Abbuda has been to the deepest and darkest places of the earth. He's taken great pleasure in learning the most agonizing torture techniques known to man. To do this, he himself went through the torture himself! And he loved it! It is now time to release him on the AWA. Carlos Colon fell victim to him and I can't tell you how proud I am of my son. I can now unleash the wickedness I've always dreamed of. 

Abbuda shows the camera a brick before breaking it over his head.

Resnick: My goodness! 

Both Iaukea's let out a maniacal laugh before leaving. 

Commercial Break 

The Glamour Boys vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez 

simpson.jpg.8a24c045e095a2272a24a2c3d5fa33bc.jpgsdoll.jpg.9546a5251ff01c4e4a0a2930b7489d4e.jpg

The fans are up and cheering when the Glamour Boys hit the 'Glam Slam Thank You Maam' for the win! 

Glamour Boys cut an enthusiastic promo on their upcoming match with the Midnight Express this weekend in the Market Square Arena. They've been through a lot and they can't wait to finally get in the ring with the Midnights! 

Commercial Break 

Highlights of Jumbo Tsuruta wrestling in Japan is shown. 

We come back and see Jerry Jarrett standing in front of a SuperClash 2 banner. 

Jarrett: The AWA is looking forward to presenting our first big pay per view event, SuperClash 2. I have a couple major announcements. First, the date has been changed. SuperClash 2 will now take place on Saturday December 31st. What better way to end the exciting year of 1987 than with the biggest event of the year? Now, I'm very pleased to announce that none other than Joan Jett will kick things off with the National Anthem. Join the AWA for the biggest New Year's Eve party ever, SuperClash 2. More on this tremendous event in the weeks to come. 

Saturday, December 31st

St. Paul Civic Center and live on pay per view

Commercial Break 

AWA National Tag Team Champs The Technicians vs. Arnie Goldstein and Ray Glader 

fleming.jpg.80e9d15ee8801ea0a345a67ffb2e84e9.jpgbradr.jpg.49257ef1337b50e83953d543fa369183.jpg

Rheingans executes a gut wrench suplex and tags in Fleming. Fleming finishes things off with the rear naked chokehold. 

Resnick: Technicians, you guys are a well oiled machine and have brought a lot of credibility to the National tag team titles. 

BOOS as Professor Bill Ash strolls out. 

ash.jpg.c43250582e499896fd3335cee9ccfcdb.jpg

Ash: Relax everybody, I'm out here to simply issue a friendly challenge. On behalf of my Honor Roll, I would like to challenge the National champs to a match next week. 

Resnick: With all due respect Professor, your team hasn't won a match yet. Why do you think they deserve a title shot? 

Ash: I have worked out all their kinks and want to prove to the world that they are indeed the total sum of a tag team. Here's what I propose. If we win, we will get a title shot. 

Rheingans: And if we win? 

Ash: My team will disband for good and I will leave the AWA. 

Fleming: Are you sure about this?

Ash: No doubt in my mind. Do we have a deal? 

The Technicians talk it over.

Rheingans: We never back away from a challenge. So, it's a deal. 

Ash bows and walks away. 

Commercial Break 

Rip Oliver w/Matt Borne vs. AWA World Tag Team Champ Larry Cameron w/Tony Atlas 

The Bruise Brothers will defend the world titles against Oliver and Borne this weekend at the Market Square Arena. Tonight, we get a little preview. 

The match starts with fists flying. They brawl for a few minutes when all hell breaks loose. Atlas causes a DQ with his interference which brings in Borne. All 4 men fight until Snowman runs in to change the odds. But wait a minute! Jerry Blackwell hits the ring to even things up and starts pounding away on Atlas. A commercial hits as all 6 men hammer away on each other! 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Wow! Things have finally settled down. Ok, this weekend at the Market Square Arena, Bad News Brown defends the world title against Jerry Lawler. With me now is Jerry Lawler. 

Lawler: Ken, I said last week, there's nothing better than being world champion. I want that title back bad and this weekend I'm going to get it. 

Boos as Bad News Brown comes out with the title on his shoulder. 

1523393988_badnews.jpg.f11c2fc3ef6a3d2afbd8ef4b160b3e85.jpg

Brown: First of all, I'm the champ and I'm the one who should be talking right now. Resnick, you leech, don't ever make that mistake again! As for you Lawler. Do you really think you're going to waltz right in and take this here title from me? Is that what you think you little cockroach? 

Lawler: That's the name of the game. 

Brown: You make me laugh. I watched you get beat up by Baby Doll. A woman! That's the level you're on. I'm going to start calling you Queen Gina Lawler! Tell you what Gina, why don't you go back and put your dress on. 

Lawler: I've got a better idea. 

Lawler punches Brown! 

The crowd's going nuts as both men start pounding away on each other. The viewers get a good minute of fighting before the show ends. 

Keirn isn't sweating Idol's declaration of vengeance.

Billy Jack is not giving up on the TV title.

Polynesian Power get some payback on Venomous.

Looking forward to seeing Adams in the AWA.

Teamsters get a showcase.

Thanks to Bruce, Ferris gets a title shot next week.

The Iaukea men are certainly making a impression.

The Glamour Boys are ready to settle their debt with the Original Midnights.

SuperClash 2 will make a great way to ring in the new year.

Give Ash credit, he's willing to put his money where his mouth is.

Blackwell makes great backup for Oliver & Borne as they take on the Bruise Brothers.

Great ending to the show with Lawler & Bad News trading blows. Their match is gonna be intense.

AWA @ The Market Square Arena, Indianapolis IN, 10-22-87

"Dynamite" DJ Peterson defeated Salvatore Bellomo with a diving shoulder tackle from the top rope 

"The Quebec Coalition w/Frenchy Martin defeated Uncommon Alliance- Uncommon Alliance was well ahead on points until Frenchy hit Barr's back with the Quebec Flag. As Barr stumbled forward, Charland cradled him for the tainted win. 

"The Z-Man" Tom Zenk defeated "The Vin Man" Vinnie Valentino- Vinnie went in thinking he was the better man. However, Zenk proved him wrong by putting him down with a superkick for the crowd pleasing win.

The Glamour Boys vs. The Original Midnight Express w/Norvell Austin

This match brought the heat and excitement. Both teams tore into each other at a fever pace, showing off tremendous teamwork and high offensive double team maneuvers. Norvell got his interference in but it wasn't enough. In the end, Simpson sent Condrey into Rose with a dropkick. Doll then rolled up Rose for the pin! Big POP! Afterwards, Norvell and the Midnights were furious and wanted more, but thought twice when the Glamour Boys invited them back in the ring. 

Crusher Blackwell vs. Tony Atlas

It seems that Blackwell got tired of the Bruise Brothers odds and wanted to even things up. Atlas decided he was going to put an end to this tonight. These two pretty much just clubbed away at each other. Atlas took control and showed off his impressive strength by slamming Blackwell down. Atlas went for a splash but Blackwell put his knees up. Blackwell staggered up and dropped a big elbow on Atlas for the pin. Moments later, Blackwell was leaving but Atlas grabbed a chair and blasted Blackwell over his head with it. 

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez/Mando Guerrero and The British Bombers 

vs.

"The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko/"The Calgary Flame" Bruce Hart/Gama Singh and AWA International Champ "Marvelous" Mike George w/Greg Gagne

This was a wild one that went over 30 minutes. Everybody had their working boots on and they all got a chance to shine. Perez and Zbyszko really went at each other hard. Things got crazy in the end with a pier six brawl. Gagne tried to interfere but was double clotheslined by the Bombers. During all the chaos, Mando put Hart down with a flying body press for the win! Afterwards, George helped Gagne up, grabbed his International title and was heard saying "Don't worry Greg, this is what it's all about" 

AWA World Tag Team Title Bout 

The Bruise Brothers (Snowman and Cameron) (C) vs. Matt Borne and Rip Oliver 

With these 4 guys involved, the match was a hard hitting slugfest. Oliver and Borne proved they were a serious threat and had the champs in trouble several times. On the flip side, the Bruise Brothers reminded them why they're holding the gold and just how strong they are. 20 minutes in, the Ref takes a bump. Oliver takes out Snowman with flying forearm blast from the middle ropes. Borne suplexes Cameron and goes to the top rope. TONY ATLAS runs out and pushes Borne off the top rope. Oliver runs out and pounds away on Atlas. Inside the ring, the Bruise Brothers regroup, swing Borne to the ropes and put him down with double axe handles to the head. The Ref wakes up in time to make the 3 count. 

Winners of the match and still AWA World Tag Team Champs- The Bruise Brothers 

AWA World Title Bout 

Bad News Brown (C) vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler 

These guys just recently crossed paths but things have gotten very heated very fast. As soon as the bell rang, fists were flying. Lawler got off to a good start and had Brown reeling. Brown came back with a vengeance and took it to Lawler. The tide turned several times as they exchanged slams, clotheslines, suplexes and a lot of punches. After all that, they went at each other with a furious exchange. They fought to the outside and eventually both men were counted out. The bell kept ringing but they kept fighting. They fought all over the place for another few minutes until a swarm of security had to break them up.

Official Ruling- A Double C.O.- Bad News Brown is still the AWA World Champ

Dynamite gets the crowd going.

Frenchy coming in clutch for his team.

Z-Man was definitely the most popular man in Indianapolis for shutting Vin Man up.

Glamour Boys get one up on the OG Midnights but I get the feeling that this isn't over.

Blackwell gets the win but Atlas made him pay for it.

Gagne's crew may have made too many enemies to handle.

Atlas couldn't win his match but he made sure his friends retained their titles.

Round 1 of Bad News & the King goes to a draw. I think we all know the rematch is coming.

Sorry for falling a little behind.  I will finish catching up with the AWA tonight.

Really think you hit something big with Iuakea's son going after Colon.  This is going to be a great read.

Like Earthquake Ferris also.  He makes Vin Man's midcard angle fun.

Brenda on the street corner looking for Morrow was hilarious.  

Excited to see more Idol-Keirn.  Good promo here also.  

Borne/Oliver vs The Bruise Brothers is getting HOT!

Lawler vs BN is interesting to see which direction you will take the AWA!

Gagne continues to annoy me!  He is a great heel.

As I think the Lawler/BN feud is interesting, so is Larry Z and Perez.  So many ways you can go but can they both move on in the AWA?  Interesting.  

Great booking.

Another exciting week of AWA TV!  I am glad to see that we will be getting more of Keirn and Idol.  I do think Keirn is very underrated in wrestling and just looked at as part of the Fabs.  

As a kid, I always loved those "unexpected" tv brawls and we got three this week.  Polynesian Power is really growing on me.  Snuka was such a huge star in real life and we at Dawn of War might have short-changed him a bit but you are doing wonders for him.  Lawler vs Bad News doesn't need any extra hype but love how you keep building this match.  A show ending brawl was a great idea. Looking forward to see where you go.  Market Square Arena might give us some insight.

Oliver and Borne are also two big stars that we have short-changed a bit in Dawn of War but that always seems to change once anyone gets to the Master of the Midcard and the AWA.  Should be a great title match and another great build here as we get the singles match-turn brawl.

Love when you add huge stipulations to Mid-Card events.... Will Ash be forced to retire?  We will see.

While I had no idea who Earthquake Ferris was before you added him, he seems like the perfect monster heel/jobber to look great and then come up short to put some babyface over and then jump to another territory and do it all over again.  That is what would happen historically but with your creativity, one never knows.  Keep on eye on this one everyone!

And my favorite angle right now is Iaukea and son vs Colon.  It amazes me after watching some of Iaukea on TV that he and Sullivan were not together for decades.  They are a match made in heaven that real life missed.  Maybe someday we at Dawn of War will bring it together.

On to Market Square:

Atlas with a chair attacking a babyface... Awesome.  

Moment I have been waiting for:  A double clothesline on Gagne.  Bad thing is he made it back to the locker room.

Perfect finish:  Bruise Brothers with the win after ref got knocked down... best thing is we will see more of this

Forget the bell:  Keep on fighting:  Another perfect ending to round 1 of this HUGE FEUD!!!!

Thanks for the great read.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 10-28-87

Footage from Market Square Arena is shown as Bad News Brown and Jerry Lawler battle to a wild double c.o. 

Lance Russell: Hello everyone and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Tonight you'll see Nick Busick defend the TV title against Earthquake Ferris. Scott Putski takes on current rival Phil Hickerson. National Champs the Technicians will face Professor Ash's Honor Roll. If the Honor Roll wins, they will get a title shot. If the Technicians win, Ash must leave town and the Honor Roll must disband. Fans, before we get to our opening tag team match, please welcome out Jerry "The King" Lawler.

Lawler acknowledges the huge pop and heads over.

Lance: A lot to talk about Jerry. After what went down in your world title bout with Bad News Brown, Jerry Jarrett has quickly signed a rematch. Fans, listen to this. That rematch for the world title will take place on Friday November 11th, right here on live TV! 

Mega pop! 

Lance: Hold on a sec, there's a bit of a twist. I was recently informed that Jerry Jarrett has been in some very discreet meetings with UWF president Bill Watts. I understand that AWA world champ Bad News Brown will face UWF champ Lex Luger in a title vs. title match at the UWF's Halloween Havoc. Boy, I'm still taking this all in. I've also been told that no matter the outcome, Jerry Lawler will still get a world title shot on November 11th. A lot to process here Jerry.

Lawler: It sure is Lance. However, the bottom line is I will still get that golden opportunity. Brown and I still have unfinished business and I would love to get that resolved. But, if things don't go so well for him at Halloween Havoc, then I'll be more than happy to see Luger in the ring. The end result will be the same...

Boos as Frenchy Martin leads his Quebec Coalition out. 

frenchy.jpg.4a3f521b7a51982d6e031fd38e330704.jpglafon.jpg.0e70bfc688990f8c2716cc05b521c209.jpgcharland.jpg.f9285405741e55c8e529a2262081f7e6.jpg

Frenchy: De problem with you Lawler, is you talk to much. De fans want to see de Quebec Coalition in action and you are in de way. In other words, get lost! 

Lawler steps towards Frenchy but the Quebec Coalition attack him! 

The Quebecs pound away on Lawler and hurl him in the ring. They double suplex Lawler. Charland picks up Lawler and hits an inverted piledriver as Lefon swings off the ropes and follows with a senton. Quebecs stand tall as Frenchy waves the Quebec flag over Lawler's body. BOOOOOOOOS! 

Commercial Break 

"The Z-Man" Tom Zenk vs. Harold Bannister 

zenk.jpg.271cb3c06fa5b064cc0c81a91ec57709.jpg

The fans need a pick up and Zenk gives them one. Zenk excites the crowd and wins the match with a superkick! 

Commercial Break

"The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko vs. Neil Jordan

1484051026_larryz.jpg.191b83bb9ed53893bacae554b010d3fc.jpg

Larry's his usual arrogant and pompous self and wins the match with a swinging neckbreaker. 

Resnick: Larry Zbyszko, you and Al Perez have been going at it and trading wins all across the AWA arenas. I've been told that on November 12th at the Rupp Arena, you guys will wrestle once again and this time, the winner will get an AWA International title shot at SuperClash 2. 

Larry: You know Resnick, it's about damn time that I get a title shot. Looks like Jerry Jarrett finally woke up. As for you Alvin, you've been a thorn in my side long enough. Time to finish you off and move on to way bigger and way better things. 

Commercial Break 

Scott "Powerhouse" Putski vs. Phil Hickerson w/Norvell Austin 

putski.jpg.67044e38c0e3ca3225c6eefa28899ee0.jpghickerson.jpg.ce2d6b14fd704e53a8bf3743291a0c64.jpg

These two have been at each other since Putski aligned with the Glamour Boys. Tonight is no different as they hammer away on each other. Putski starts to get the upper hand. Norvell hops on the apron, but Putski swings back and sends Norvell flying with a back elbow. Phil staggers around as Putski puts him down with a clothesline 1..2..Kick Out. It's all Putski until he goes for a back drop and Phil, kicks him hard. 

Phil breaks all the rules as he punishes Putski. Phil slams Putski and follows with a standing leg drop 1..2..Kick Out. Phil spends to much time arguing with the Ref. Phil picks up Putski and swings him to the ropes, he misses a clothesline, Putski swings back and puts Phil down with a dropkick. Phil staggers up as Putski scoop slams him down. Putski hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Norvell jumps on the apron. Putski runs over and grabs him. Putski lifts Norvell off his feet. Phil staggers up, reaches in his pants and pulls out a pair of brass knuckles. Phil runs over and nails the back of Putski's head. Phil hides the brass knuckles and covers 1..2..3! Norvell shakes the cobwebs, gets in the ring and puts the boots to a lifeless Putski. 

Commercial Break 

Saturday, December 31st. 

St. Paul Civic Center

Live on Pay Per View 

Lance Russell is standing in front of a SuperClash 2 banner.

Lance: Fans, the AWA's biggest event of the year is coming. I'm talking about SuperClash 2. As you heard last week, Joan Jett will get things going with the National Anthem. I can also tell you that the previous night on the TV special Clash Countdown, there will be a tag team battle royal. The winners will get a National Tag Team title shot the next night at SuperClash. And listen to this. Several sponsors for the AWA have gotten together to put on a million dollar lottery match. Here's how that will work. 2 AWA names will be selected from a lottery pool. The two names selected will wrestle for one million dollars at SuperClash. You talk about a life changing match. The names will be drawn on TV in a couple weeks. SuperClash 2 is shaping up to be the greatest night in AWA history. 

Commercial Break 

Uncommon Alliance vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez

kirchner.jpg.a7dbc455e6129723c65548500bec3f3f.jpgbarr2.jpg.eabe2eaf7b0ad1ccca73c7822c17ff69.jpg

Kirchner executes a backbreaker on Lopez and holds him as Barr comes off the middle ropes with a knee to the chest for the win. Barr swings his bull rope around as Kirchner waves the American Flag. 

Commercial Break 

AWA International Champ "Marvelous" Mike George w/Greg Gagne vs. Clyde Putnam 

mgeorge.jpg.5696db0f61fa72e2bbd4870746fab00e.jpg

George spends the match toying with his opponent before finishing him off with a Russian Leg Sweep! Gagne jumps up and down in celebration before handing George the title.

Bruce Hart, Gama Singh and Venomous join them at ringside.

Resnick: Looks like you've formed quite a stable Greg, 

Gagne: Very observant Resnerd. Just look at these specimens. Gagne's Gang is unbeatable.

Resnick: We'll soon find that out. Polynesian Power are gunning for Venomous. 

Gama: Let me stop you right there! Those savages are nowhere near the caliber of Venomous! 

Resnick: Ok, what about you Bruce Hart. Just what is your problem with Mando Guerrero. 

Hart: I'll tell you what my problem with him is. All I keep hearing is what a dynasty the Guerrero family is. That makes me laugh. Everybody knows the Hart family is the only dynasty in wrestling. No way a Guerrero can beat a Hart. That stooge Mando is going to find that out! 

Resnick: As for you Mike George. In 2 weeks at the Rupp Arena, you'll be defending the International title against Steve Keirn. 

George: (looks at Gagne with a puzzled look) Steve Keirn? Really? That's the best the AWA can come up with? 

Gagne: (laughing) I know, he's a joke. Just like Polynesian Power and just like Mando Guerrero. Come on Resnerd! Get with it! We're so out of here. 

Commercial Break 

Special Challenge Match 

AWA National Tag Team Champs The Technicians vs. The Honor Roll w/Professor Bill Ash 

fleming.jpg.80e9d15ee8801ea0a345a67ffb2e84e9.jpgbradr.jpg.49257ef1337b50e83953d543fa369183.jpgrip.jpg.79204e93ea07378975a297575080f041.jpgkevin.jpg.9fa593efaabd78563274a6a6b959d5e6.jpg

Ash comes out alone wearing a cap and gown. He stops and looks back. Out come Kevin Kelly and Rip Morgan wearing black gowns. Their hair styles are slicked back into ponytails. Ash nods in approval. Technicians come out wearing their matching wrestling singlets and titles around their waists. 

The opening minutes is all Technicians as they simply outwrestle the Honor Roll with quick tags and take downs. Honor Roll get in some moments but nothing serious. They just can't seem to get things together. Ash starts to look worried when the Technicians get into a groove. They hit a double backbreaker on Kelly. Rheingans applies the Boston Crab! Ash starts yelling up at Morgan and says "Trust me" 

Morgan runs across the ring and slaps Fleming. Fleming runs in as Morgan back pedals. The Ref guides Fleming back. Ash yells "NOW!" to Morgan. Morgan runs up and nails Rheingans with a boot to the head! Kelly rolls over on top. The Ref turns around and counts 1..2..3 as Morgan holds Fleming off. The Honor Roll did it! They beat the National tag champs! 

Ash and Morgan help Kelly out of the ring to celebrate. Ash is pointing to his head and saying "I'm a genius!"

Commercial Break 

We come back and see Brenda Britton standing on a street corner.

britton.jpg.5aec91034fa6881ddb8f0e304ad2e2e2.jpg

Britton: Hi everybody! The day has finally arrived! After months of worrying, seeking and searching, I've finally found Gerry Morrow! I can't contain myself! I'm so excited! Today, I take Gerry home. What a journey this has been. Come on, let's get Gerry.

The camera follows Brenda as she walks down the street, to a park, then suddenly stops as she looks over at a bench. 

Brenda: It can't be him. It can't be. Oh no. Oh Gerry.

The camera zooms in on the bench. Gerry is sleeping there. His hair's a mess, he's unshaven and unkept. He's wearing a dirty white tank top and camouflage pants with no shoes. There's several empty bottles in brown paper bags all around him. 

Brenda starts to walk up, then stops.

Brenda: (tears up) I can't, I just can't! 

As Brenda runs away she yells "Tooodles" 

Commercial Break 

AWA TV Title Bout 

Nick Busick (C) vs. Earthquake Ferris w/The Vin Man 

busick.jpg.de786178dd6ea45803150bf04ad2153c.jpgferris.jpg.75a0dd1b3c05f313b79d3e821cfb2d74.jpg

The bell rings and these two big men go toe to toe. They fight to the ropes. Vinnie reaches in and grabs Busick's leg, which enables Ferris to get the upper hand. Ferris chokes Busick on the top rope, then rakes his head across the rope and flings him back. Ferris chokes Busick on the bottom rope, When the Ref backs him off, Vinnie gets a slap in on Busick. Ferris picks Busick up and slams him down, then follows with a big elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Ferris swings Busick to the corner and charges in full throttle but Busick moves as Ferris hits hard. Busick regroups.

Ferris starts to rise as Busick nails him with a knee lift. Busick grabs the top rope and drops several knees on Ferris. Busick picks up Ferris, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Busick hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Kick Out. Busick swings Ferris to the corner and follows with a running clothesline. Busick swings Ferris to the opposite corner and hits another running clothesline. Ferris staggers out as Busick scoops him up and slams him down. Busick swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop 1..2..Vinnie runs in and kicks Busick! The Ref signals for the DQ.

Busick gets up and grabs Vinnie, punches him several times, swings him to the ropes and hits the Spinebuster Slam! 

BILLY JACK STRONG hits the ring and nails Busick with a double axehandle to the back. Billy stomps away on Busick. Ferris staggers up and joins in. They swing Busick to the ropes and double clothesline him down.

Massive cheers as DJ PETERSON hits the ring with a chair and cleans house. DJ tends to Busick. Ferris pulls Vinnie out of the ring. Billy grabs Busick's TV title and holds it up as the fans boo. 

Winner of the Match by DQ and still AWA TV champ- Nick Busick 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Wow, what a show....

Wild cheers as Jerry Lawler comes back out. 

Lawler: Ken, before I get to my world title shot, I have a little matter to settle with Frenchy Martin and the Quebec Coalition. I've talked to the powers that be and it's on. Next week, the Quebec Coalition will face myself and a partner of my choosing. You made a big mistake Frenchy and next week you pay for it! Oh, this is going to be good. 

Quebec Coalition gets nuclear heat in the opening segment with a beatdown on the King! Eager to see who Lawler picks as his partner next week.

Zenk gets the crowd back into it.

Larry Z is ready to finish things with Perez & move on to bigger and better things.

Norvell helps his man Hickerson get the w over Putski.

Two big announcements for SuperClash 2 as one lucky team will earn a National tag title shot & two lucky men will wrestle for a million dollars!

Uncommon Alliance with a solid win.

Gagne's Gang (good lord) is certainly full of confidence. Here's hoping they all get smacked in the mouth.

Ash's gamble pays off as he leads his team to a big win over the National tag champs.

Brenda finally finds Gerry but needs a minute to collect herself before reaching out to him.

Busick retains over Ferris but it's Strong standing tall after a wild finish.