Pro Wrestling Only

AWA Major League Wrestling

spaldoni

You have your format down so well that the entire show just flows.  Some of the highlights for me included the Beauty Shop.  I like how you have Brenda doing two roles at once.  Sometimes she does the interviews while others she hypes up the next big card.

Giving Bully such a long run with the TV title makes the title seem really important and also elevated Bully to a higher status.

You already having us looking forward to next week with the contract signing/

Perez.... Idol Heartthrob angle is great and then you add Wildfire and Lawler... awesome.

Enjoying Atlas as a heel.  Just wondering if you saw much of him in the role in real life.  I always remember him as a babyface but enjoying this!

Really like Bullet coming down when the ref was down during the house show.  I think 80's wrestling would have been even better if the babyfaces did more heel-like things.  While I love it, I am pretty sure the rural TN crowd would have loved it!

Nice job!

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly & Vin Man throwing a fit is fun start to the show.

Larry Z is the heat magnet he was born to be.

OGMNE vs The Bombers sounds like a great way to spend 10 minutes.

Dream Machine tries to help his Compadre beat down the Bullet but Keirn makes for Fabulous calvary.

Wild Bunch's use of the branding iron let's them steal a win from the Cripplers.

Cobra gets plenty of shine but a snake just can't match a dragon.

Armstrong returns the favor allowing Keirn to win the main event & get a crack at Madril with the bat.

AWA @ The Monroe Civic Center, WI 8-14-87

awa2.jpg.f9782ae0c524d7a10c4fdd27cab51447.jpg

Crusher Blackwell defeated Tim Patterson with a body splash

Carlos Colon and TNT w/Curtis Iaukea defeated Stoney Burke and Gene Ligon with a double gut buster. 

"The Z-Man" Tom Zenk defeated "Terrific" Terry Taylor- With 30 seconds left in a 20 minute time limit match, Taylor swung Zenk into the corner, Zenk jumped on the turnbuckles and hit a reverse flying press for the pin. As Zenk was celebrating, Taylor nailed him from behind with a flying 5 arm. BOOOOOO. 

The Glamour Boys defeated Phil Hickerson and Killer Brooks- These teams went at it in a hard hitting grudge match. During a pier six brawl, the Glamour Boys executed stereo sunset flips for the exciting win. Afterwards, Hickerson went nuts as he pushed over and threw chairs everywhere. 

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka defeated "The Great" Gama Singh by DQ- As Snuka was going for the Superfly Splash, Colon and TNT ran out, pushed him off the top rope and followed with a kendo stick beating. A lot of heat

AWA World Tag Team Champs, The Bruise Brothers (Atlas, Snowman, Cameron) 

vs.

Jumbo Tsuruta, Tatsumi Fujinami and Yoshiaki Yatsu 

Big time match up that rocked the place for over 30 minutes. The Japanese came on strong with chops, kicks, slams and a variety of suplexes. The Bruise Brothers power and strength was in full force as they came back hard. The match was intense and extremely physical. The finish came when Jumbo hit a flying knee drop from the top rope on Snowman, but Atlas and Cameron broke the pin. Tatsumi and Yatsu ran in and the fight was on. Yatsu put Cameron down with a karate kick to the face. Tatsumi executed a belly to back suplex on Atlas. As Snowman staggered up, Jumbo swung off the ropes and nailed him with a running high knee for the win and huge pop! 

Jerry "The King" Lawler and "The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez 

vs.

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich and "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol w/Baby Doll 

This match was a fight from the start. Perez was all over Idol as Lawler took it to Rich. The first few minutes was Lawler and Perez taking turns beating up Rich and Idol. After quite the beating, Rich and Idol managed to turn the tide, thanks to interference by Baby Doll. Rich and Idol play the crowd and take in some serious heat. Both Lawler and Perez get worked over. At the 45 minute mark, Perez makes the hot tag to Lawler. The fans go nuts as Lawler's on fire. Rich is bumping all over the place until he finally tags in Idol. Idol begs off Lawler but Lawler pounds away on him. It's all Lawler. Baby Doll hands Rich her loaded purse. Baby Doll gets on the apron and distracts the Ref. Lawler piledrives Idol and covers but Rich jumps off the top rope and nails Lawler with the loaded purse. Rich quickly exits as Perez chases him off. Perez grabs Idol and hits the helicopter drop, then lays Lawler on top. Baby Doll is screaming mad as the Ref turns around, runs over and counts 1..2..3! The place explodes! 

Blackwell & Iaukea's Killers make strong showings.

Zenk wins with seconds to spare & the close loss infuriates Taylor.

A Glamour Boys sends Hickerson into a rampage.

I get the feeling Gama is smart enough to not bother complaining to Iaukea about this DQ.

The Japanese trio triumph giving Jumbo & Fujinami plenty of cause for a rematch.

Baby Doll's purse nearly wins it for Rich/Idol but Perez's quick thinking saved it.

AWA is the major league of professional wrestling... but I am in now way a fan of Al Perez... plus he is the cause of an unjust Tommy Rich loss... my stomach turns for the rematch and vengeance. I like Zenk and Taylor in a long contest... to me... they were made for this... and you caw glimpses of it in 1990/1991 wcw tv. Great use of them here... it gives their value something when they can put on great matches on television for so many to see.

Awesome house show from top to bottom.  I am a huge fan of Zenk vs Taylor.  These two were very good in the ring!  Through in the big tag matches at the end, and this card would be remembered for a long time.  Nice job sending the fans home happy with the last two matches.  Really fun event.  

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 8-19-87

ring.jpg.6685bd9c84c982000a5099741f977605.jpg

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Tonight, you're going to see the official Collison at the Coliseum AWA World Title contract signing between AWA World Champ Bad News Brown and challenger Ricky Steamboat. The WarGames is upon us and tonight we'll hear from both teams. Our main event will be Kokina going one on one with TNT. Well, let's get to the ring. 

Tatsumi Fujinami and Yoshiaki Yatsu vs. Sam Smith and Stu Jersky 

tatsumi.jpg.1e1834386b7e892b94d52b8d478288cd.jpgyatsu.jpg.0520a191e68d995aaa8186d657670498.jpg

The Japanese are in total sync tonight. Yatsu karate kicks Smith into a belly to back suplex by Fujinami for the win. 

Resnick: Fans, it's official. At Collision at the Coliseum, The Bruise Brothers will defend the AWA world tag team titles against Tatsumi Fujinami and Yoshiaki Yatsu. If you're wondering about the whereabouts of Jumbo Tsuruta. Well, I understand he's been given a tremendous opportunity down south and his partners have given him their full support and blessings. 

Commercial Break

Crusher Blackwell vs. Trent Watkins 

blackwell.jpg.b38866d2536b43a560d8890a4449474f.jpg

Blackwell hits the splash and it's all over. Blackwell gets up and WHAM! 

Rip Morgan clotheslines him from behind with his chain! Morgan wraps the chain around Blackwell's neck and chokes away as several officials run in. Morgan swings his chain wildly as the officials back off. Morgan hits Blackwell several more times until Security rushes in. 

rip.jpg.79204e93ea07378975a297575080f041.jpg

Commercial Break 

Footage from Monroe is shown as Phil Hickerson has a meltdown after him and Killer Brooks lost to the Glamour Boys. 

Resnick: Joining me now is Phil Hickerson and Killer Brooks. 

Brooks: Real men are going to talk, so Resnick, you just back off! 

Hickerson: Glamour Boys! You're history! You're through! We're going to end this the way it should've ended in Florida. My reliable and tougher partner Killer Brooks and I challenge you two pretty boy punks to a steel cage match! This ends once and for all! You got the guts?

Hickerson and Brooks storm off. 

Resnick: My goodness, ok the challenge has been made. Well, lets go to the ring. 

"The Great" Gama Singh vs. Carl Kellerman 

gama.jpg.70375d753acb4193d4ddcd336cbd3028.jpg

Gama makes short work of Kellerman and finishes him off with the Cobra Clutch. 

Gama cuts a promo and says Corporal Kirchner cost Venomous a National tag team title shot. He says Kirchner will regret the day he got involved! 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: As you all know the WarGames is coming to the AWA. That takes place at Collison at the Coliseum on September 3rd. Joining me now is Tommy Rich, Austin Idol, Alberto Madril, Terry Taylor and Dream Machine, along with Baby Doll. Opposing them in the War Games will be Jerry....

Dream: Shut up Resnick! Listen up Armstrong! In the War Games, I'm going to make you bleed and babay you're going to bleed bad! 

Taylor: Tom Zenk you'll never be more than a Terry Taylor rip off and I'm stepping into War Games to prove there's only one me and brother you're not in my league. 

Madril: You know, I came to the AWA with friendly intentions and that antagonist Steve Keirn just kept pushing my buttons. I guess I'm going to have to teach that negative hater a lesson. 

Idol: Resnick, darling, who does that arrogant Al Perez think he is? He's walking around with my moniker and totally disgracing it. At War Games I'm going to beat the heartthrob name out of him and trust me, when I'm done, he won't look anything like a heartthrob. 

Resnick: Well....

Baby Doll: Quiet Resnick. The real AWA world champion has something to say. 

Rich: (pauses) I have so much hate for Jerry Lawler..I...I...damn it! I hate you Lawler! You're the reason I was stripped of my AWA world title! You were such a whining crybaby after Austin and I beat you up, that you went to your daddy Jerry Jarrett and got me stripped of the title. In the War Games, I'm going to beat you down like the dog you are and I'm going to make you give up! Oh man that would be so satisfying! I'm going to relish it and there wont be a damn thing Jarrett can do about it! Look at this team I have. There's no way Lawler and his dopes have a chance. No chance! 

Commercial Break 

The Technicians vs. Todd Rooney and Ray Glader 

fleming.jpg.80e9d15ee8801ea0a345a67ffb2e84e9.jpgbradr.jpg.49257ef1337b50e83953d543fa369183.jpg

Rheingans hits a gut wrench suplex and tags in Fleming. Fleming finishes things off with a Northern lights suplex. 

Resnick: Ok, at Collision at the Coliseum, the Technicians will get a National tag team title shot. Look out! 

The Quebec Coalition attack the Technicians! They hold Rheingans as Frenchy hits him with the Quebec flag. They pick up Fleming and hold him as Frenchy gives him a gut shot with the flag! 

Frenchy: (Looks down at the Technicians) They do not look like top caliber wrestlers to me. 

Mega Boos as Frenchy waves the flag as Charland and Lefon hold up their National titles. 

Commercial Break 

"The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko vs. Wes Helms 

1484051026_larryz.jpg.191b83bb9ed53893bacae554b010d3fc.jpg

Larry smugly wins the match with a swinging neckbreaker. 

Resnick: Larry Zbyszko, it's you and Corporal Kirchner at Collision. 

Zbyszko: Resnick, do you get paid to state the obvious? If you ask me, you're well overpaid. Look, that toy soldier is full of morals and honor codes and values and oh golly gee I'm getting sick to my stomach. I really do deserve a better opponent for such a big event but hey, it'll be a great way to showcase my superior skills and severely embarrass that G.I Joe clone. I'll simplify it for you Resnick, he's nothing more than a stepping stone, at best.  

Commercial Break 

Brenda Britton is standing in front of an AWA banner. 

britton.jpg.5aec91034fa6881ddb8f0e304ad2e2e2.jpg

Britton: Hi everybody and welcome to the Collision at the Coliseum report. You heard the news of the big AWA world tag team title match signed. A few weeks ago, I would've been excited for Yoshi but now I hope he gets beat up bad. I'm sure the Bruise Brothers will do just that. Another big tag team match signed for Collison will be the British Bombers taking on Venomous. I think that match will be nothing but electric. Now, listen to this big news. The night before at the Roanne Fieldhouse, there will be a special TV broadcast called Collison Countdown. On that show you will see, DJ Peterson against Commando Boone. The Cripplers will take on The Wild Bunch in a bunkhouse match! Oh my! Scott Putski is going to lose to Kevin Kelly because the Vin Man told me so. YEA! And here's the big one. The Glamour Boys have accepted the challenge and will face Phil Hickerson and Killer Brooks inside the steel cage. Phil deserves his revenge and this match will be a nice preview to the War Games. Wow, so much excitement. Oh, before I go, I want to tell people to knock off the prank calls regarding the whereabouts of Gerry Morrow. It isn't funny, so stop! Next week will be the final Collision at the Coliseum report. Until then, toooodles! 

Commercial Break 

Lance Russell is in the center of the ring, standing beside a table with the contract papers. 

Lance: Collision at the Coliseum, September 3rd, at the Alumni Coliseum, Bad News Brown will defend his AWA world title against Ricky Steamboat. Let's bring them out and get this contract signed. 

Steamboat comes out wearing a suit and enters the ring waving to the energetic fans. 

Brown's wearing a suit, no tie, with a few buttons down to show off his cool gold chain. The world title is on his shoulder as he intensely walks into the ring. 

Both men have a stare down before each signs the contract. 

Lance: It's official. You both can say a few words. 

Brown: Let's get something straight Steamboat! You may have held this here title for almost a year but I'll tell you one thing, you've never faced anyone like me. I can wrestle. I'm a Judo master and trust me I can street fight. I'm the toughest S.O.B. you'll ever get in the ring with and Steamboat you wont be able to handle it! You're not man enough, you're too soft! 

Steamboat processes this.

Steamboat: You know Brown, you talk about being tough. Well, let me remind you of some things. I beat Terry Funk to win that title. At WrestleRock 86, I retained against the most technically sound wrestler in the world, Tony St. Clair. I had battles against Dream Machine and Billy Jack Haynes. And I went through pure hell with Carlos Colon. Overcame it all! And that's bad news for you! 

Brown: (pauses) I guess you do have some guts Steamboat. But guts wont save you from this.

Brown blasts Steamboat with the Title! Brown picks up Steamboat and puts him down with the ghetto blaster! Brown puts his boot on Steamboat, raises his fist and raises the world title as the fans boo. 

Commercial Break

Footage from Monroe is shown as Carlos Colon and TNT attack Jimmy Snuka with kendo sticks during his match with Gama Singh. 

Kokina vs. TNT w/Curtis Iaukea 

kokina.jpg.f9f06b888f30e4c1a37fbeaab73456ba.jpgtnt.jpg.ec22f0acd9d3ea514ac84d75e11cb190.jpg

The bell rings as Iaukea and TNT try to attack Kokina. Kokina hammers away on both men and knocks their heads together. Kokina follows by headbutting Iaukea through the ropes. Kokina turns around as TNT nails him with a double thrust shot. TNT pounds away on Kokina and chokes him on the bottom rope. TNT swings off the ropes and hits a body guillotine. TNT pulls Kokina out, hops on the middle ropes and drops an elbow 1..2..Kick Out. TNT swings Kokina to the ropes but Kokina mows him down with a shoulder block. Kokina regroups.

TNT staggers up as Kokina scoop slams him down. Kokina picks up TNT and powerslams him over 1..2..TNT gets his shoulder up. Kokina hoists TNT on his shoulders but Carlos Colon runs in and hits Kokina in the ribs with a kendo stick! The Ref signals for the DQ as Kokina crumbles down. Wait a minute! Jimmy Snuka hits the ring with a kendo stick and goes to town on Colon! Colon rolls out of the ring quick as Iaukea pulls TNT to safety. These two teams will meet again at Collison! 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Ok, we heard from one War Games team. Now let's hear from Jerry Lawler, Bob Armstrong, Steve Keirn, Tom Zenk and Al Perez. 

Massive cheers

Armstrong: Dream Machine! I'm going to yank that mask off your face and beat you to a bloody pulp. When it's over, you'll need the mask back to cover your face. 

Keirn: Madril, I don't know who you're fooling with your antics, you're not my compadre and I'm going to knock the sense back into you.

Zenk: Taylor, trust me you're the last person I want to be compared with. We've got a date in the War Games and brother I'm gunning to take you out! 

Perez: Austin Idol, you drew first blood with your stupid threat and come War Games I'm going to take you out. Oh and you can keep your name because that's all you'll have left. 

Lawler: Tommy Rich, you're nothing but a weak wimp! Surround yourself with all the men you want, because these guys will take care of them and in the War Games, you're all mine! 

Tommy Rich, Austin Idol, Alberto Madril, Terry Taylor and Dream Machine storm out and the brawl is on! All 10 men are fighting everywhere! It's total mayhem as the viewers get a good 2 minutes of mayhem before the show ends. 

Yatsu steps up to replace Jumbo. He & the Dragon look ready to take on the Bruise Brothers.

Blackwell gets a dominant win but Morgan is there to show him who the Real Deal is.

Hickerson is going off the deep end. But on the bright side we get a cage match!

Gama has his sights set on the Corporal.

Major dickhead energy from team Rich. I don't know why but something about Madril calling Keirn a hater tickles me. Love the fire from Tommy.

The Coalition pearl harbors the Technicians. Frenchy's comment did get a chuckle though.

Zbyszko is such a condescending prick, I love it.

Brenda runs down the card for a pretty stacked Coliseum Countdown.

Brown & Steamboat exchange some pretty heated words before the champ downs the Dragon.

Kokina & TNT have a fun main event brawl which gets cut off by Colon. Snuka makes the save & the fans get a preview of the chaos coming in the Coliseum.

Speaking of previews, Team Lawler (the King's men?) give a fiery rebuttal which draws out team Rich (team Wildfire?) & we go off the air with a glimpse of War Games.

AWA @ The Minneapolis Auditorium, MN 8-20-87

The Wild Bunch w/Nelson Royal defeated Stoney Burke and Salvatore Bellomo with a double running bulldog on Burke

TV Champ Nick Busick defeated Gene Ligon with the Spinebuster Slam- After last week's assault by Billy Jack Strong, Busick put his shoulder to the test tonight and passed. 

"The Great" Gama Singh and Venomous defeated Corporal Kirchner and The Cripplers- In a chaotic ending, during a pier six brawl, Nelson Royal provided the distraction as the Wild Bunch rammed Kerry Brown into the steel post and rolled him back in the ring for Cobra to get the pin. Gama and Kirchner were fighting on the outside and continued fighting not realizing the match was over. 

It's announced that anyone who interferes in the remaining matches will be fired from the AWA 

"Terrific" Terry Taylor defeated "Z-Man" Tom Zenk- Another thrilling match that came down to the last minute, only this time, Taylor pulled it out with a roll up and hand full of tights. After Taylor got done celebrating, he turned around and was nailed by a Superkick from Zenk. 

Tatsumi Fujinami defeated AWA Tag Champ Larry Cameron- Cameron was going for a suplex but Tatsumi cradled him for the hard fought win. 

"The Fabulous One" Steve Keirn and "Everybody's Compadre" Alberto Madril battled to a wild and bloody double c.o. Tempers were at an all time high. 

"The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol vs. "The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez 

The Minnesota fans got to witness the long awaited one on one match up between the Heartthrobs. These guys didn't disappoint because they went toe to toe with everything they had. After a fired up a fever paced segment by Perez, Idol took control and really went to town on Perez. The fans brought Perez back and he came back with a vengeance but Idol eventually stopped it with a hot shot on the top rope. Idol went into full heel mode and broke all the rules. Perez turned into a bloody mess. Sensing victory, Idol swung Perez into the corner and charged in for the kill, but Perez moved. Idol hit hard as Perez grabbed him and hit a German Suplex for the 1..2..3! A battered Perez quickly rolled out of the ring as Idol went nuts, even grabbing the Ref and throwing him out of the ring. 

Special TV presentation 

Collision Countdown

From the Roanne Fieldhouse 

Friday, September 2nd 

STEEL CAGE MATCH! 

The Glamour Boys vs. Phil Hickerson and Killer Brooks 

"Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly w/The Vin Man vs. Scott "Powerhouse" Putski 

"Dynamite" DJ Peterson vs. Commando Boone 

Bunkhouse Match! 

The Cripplers vs. The Wild Bunch w/Nelson Royal 

And Then

COLLISION AT THE COLISEUM 

Saturday, September 3rd 

Alumni Coliseum, Richmond KY

Available on closed circuit TV 

The War Games!!!!!

Jerry "The King" Lawler, "Bullet" Bob Armstrong, "The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez, "Z-Man" Tom Zenk and "The Fabulous One" Steve Keirn 

vs.

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich, Dream Machine, "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol, "Terrific" Terry Taylor and "Everybody's Compadre" Alberto Madril w/Baby Doll 

AWA World Title Bout

Bad News Brown (C) vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat 

AWA World Tag Team Title Bout

The Bruise Brothers (C) vs. Tatsumi Fujinami and Yoshiaki Yatsu 

AWA International Open Challenge Match

El Canek (C) vs. ???

AWA TV Title Bout 

Nick Busick (C) vs. Billy Jack Strong 

AWA National Tag Team Title Bout 

The Quebec Coalition (C) w/Frenchy Martin vs. The Technicians 

Anything Goes Match! 

Polynesian Power vs. Carlos Colon and TNT w/Curtis Iaukea 

"The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko vs. Corporal Kirchner 

Crusher Blackwell vs. "The Beast" Rip Morgan 

The British Bombers vs. Venomous 

The Wild Bunch get the crowd heated with a opening win.

Busick proves his shoulder can hold up.

Gama & Venomous get the win in a chaotic 6 man tag.

They cause things to get so out of hand AWA officials lay down the law, interfere and your fired!

Taylor gets the dirty pin but the Z man makes him pay.

Fujinami uses his superior wrestling to counter Cameron's power leading to the victory.

Keirn & Madril have an anything but friendly brawl.

Perez wins the long awaited battle of the Heartthrobs.

A loaded two nights from the AWA.

AWA @ The Oman Arena, Jackson TN, 8-21-87

Billy Jack Strong defeated Tim Patterson with a shoulder breaker. Billy Jack hit Patterson with 2 more shoulder breakers, clearly sending a message to Nick Busick

Polynesian Power defeated Phil Hickerson and Killer Brooks by DQ- Carlos Colon and TNT interfered which led to the DQ. Hickerson and Brooks joined in on the attack until the Glamour Boys hit the ring with swinging chairs. 

"The Beast" Rip Morgan defeated "Dynamite" DJ Peterson- During a Ref bump, Morgan clotheslined DJ with his chain to get the tainted win. 

"Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly and The Original Midnight Express w/The Vin Man and Norvell Austin defeated Scott "Powerhouse" Putski and The British Bombers- Constantly dealing with both Vinnie and Norvell proved to be too much of a distraction and in the end, Kelly nailed Putski with a running knee to the back followed by a roll up for the win. 

Carlos Colon and TNT w/Curtis Iaukea defeated The Glamour Boys by DQ- The Ref caught Iaukea hitting Simpson with a kendo stick. While the Glamour Boys were down, Hickerson and Brooks hit the ring and joined the attack. Of course Polynesian Power stormed the ring and all 4 teams continued to brawl. 

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong defeated The Dream Machine- After a wild and intense fight, Dream clamped a sleeper on Bob, but Bob hopped to the turnbuckles and pushed himself back. Dream still had the hold applied but his shoulders were on the mat as the Ref counted 1..2..3! After the match, they started fighting again and brawled to the outside and into the crowd. Security swarmed them and both men were escorted out of the building. 

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Tommy "Wildfire" Rich w/Baby Doll 

The Tennessee fans couldn't have asked for a better main event than this one. This was a bloodbath as both men hammered and pounded away on each other. After 15 minutes of pure brutality, Lawler lowered his strap and went all out on Rich. The fans were going wild as Lawler slammed Rich multiple times, then went to the top rope for his fist drop. As the Ref was looking down and checking on the lifeless and bloody Rich, Baby Doll got on the apron. Lawler looked at her as she sprayed something into his face. A blinded Lawler fell to the apron and onto the outside. Baby Doll screamed at the Ref. The fans booed as the Ref counted to 10. The crowd got into riot mode as Baby Doll went into the ring to wake Rich up. Rich staggered up and to the outside. He grabbed Lawler and hurled him into the ring. Lawler was hurt and frantically rubbing his eyes. Rich hoisted him up and hit the piledriver! To prevent a riot, once again Security swarmed the ring and got Rich and Baby Doll out of there. Medics came in and flushed Lawler's eyes and helped him out. A ton of heat! 

Billy Jack makes an example of Patterson in the opener.

Hickerson & Brooks/Polynesian Power erupts in chaos as their respective rivals get involved. They have so much fun they run it back later in the night.

The Beast puts his chain to good use.

Vin Man & Austin both earn their money tonight.

Bullet Bob edges past Dream Machine but they've both got plenty of fight left in them.

Baby Doll saves her man & between her & Rich hitting a Piledriver the two of them damnnear start a riot. Great ending.

As always, I thought the TV show from the Hammond Center was great.  I don't think we have seen many contract signings here in Dawn of War and this was a fun angle.  All of the promos for the War Games were well done but the highlight for me was again, Larry Z.  I thought the opening line about Ken R. stating the obvious was perfect Larry.  I thought the TNT-Kokina match was a great match for TV and then add in the Snuka-Colon run-ins and you just add to the excitement.  Nice job-looking forward to the big show at the Coliseum.

What a card at the Minneapolis Aud- Heartthrob vs Heartthrob match.  Awesome.  Add in the Perez win!  Wow. Add in those other last 4 matches and you have a night to remember!  Taylor vs Zenk is one of my favorite feuds right now.  I can't wait to see who eventually goes over!

OMG-Baby Doll blinds Lawler and Wildfire gets the win- you were right to call in security.  The riot was coming for sure.  I could watch Lawler/Rich matches everyday!

Great job!  Can't wait for the big one!!

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 8-26-87

Lance Russell is standing in the middle of the ring.

Lance: Hello everyone and welcome to another exciting edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. We're just one week away from Collision at the Coliseum and tonight one of the War Games teams will be in action as Tommy Rich, Austin Idol, Dream Machine, Terry Taylor and Alberto Madril will be in a 10 man tag match. AWA World Tag Team champs, the Bruise Brothers will be in action. Our featured bout this week will see DJ Peterson team up with the Cripplers to take on Commando Boone and The Wild Bunch. Ok, set to join me now is the AWA world champion, Bad News Brown. 

1523393988_badnews.jpg.f11c2fc3ef6a3d2afbd8ef4b160b3e85.jpg

Footage from last week's contract signing is shown as Brown hits Steamboat with his title and follows up with a ghetto blaster.  

Lance: Judging by the sound of these boos, I don't think the fans appreciated what you did to Ricky Steamboat last week. 

Brown: Lance Russell, do you really think I care about what these spineless cockroaches think? I proved that Ricky Steamboat is nothing but a boy in a man's game. Steamboat! You and I lock up next week but the result will be the same. You going face down to the ghetto blaster and me holding up this here world title with my boot on your chest. 

Brown keeps talking as the fans roar when Ricky Steamboat runs out and climbs to the top turnbuckle! Brown wonders what all the commotion is about. He looks around, then turns around as Steamboat nails him with a flying body press! The fans go nuts as Steamboat proceeds to pound away on Brown's head while Lance signals for help. 

steamboat.jpg.f258382c5b574a8f90e2e8565b4ed890.jpg

Commercial Break 

Corporal Kirchner vs. Brian Jasper 

kirchner.jpg.a7dbc455e6129723c65548500bec3f3f.jpg

Kirchner gets the "USA" chants as he wins the match with the Fireman's Carry Slam! 

Ken Resnick asks Kirchner about his upcoming Collison at the Coliseum match with Larry Zbyszko. 

Kirchner: Larry's been talking a big game from his big mouth, but after I get through with him, he'll be MIA from the AWA! 

Commercial Break

Venomous w/Gama Singh vs. Marcus Mays and Sam Smith 

scorp2.jpg.02f9dd455c9557ec5246ac4c06be361a.jpgcobra.jpg.62d019d2a8dbb40b7f20875c706adb0e.jpg

Scorpio and Cobra take turns dazzling the fans with their high flying offense. Cobra hits a superplex as Scorpio follows with a 450 splash for the impressive win! 

Resnick: At Collison, it will be Venomous squaring off against the British Bombers in a match that could steal the show.

Gama: Did you just see what this team did in that ring? I guarantee one thing, when Collison at the Coliseum is over, the people will be talking about Venomous! They also will be talking about something else. 

Resnick: And what might that be? 

Gama: (smiles) you'll just have to wait and see.  

Commercial Break 

Footage is shown from a couple weeks ago when Billy Jack Strong attacked Nick Busick and delivered 2 shoulder breakers after ramming him into the steel post.

AWA TV Champ Nick Busick vs. Ray Glader 

busick.jpg.de786178dd6ea45803150bf04ad2153c.jpg

Busick is aggressive and quickly ends things with the Spinebuster Slam! 

Resnick: Nick, you look fantastic. I have to mention, at several arenas, Billy Jack Strong has been punishing his opponents with several post match shoulder breakers. He says he's sending a message to you. 

Busick: Ken, as you can see my shoulder is fine. As a matter of fact, I think Billy isn't as strong as he thinks he is. If that's the best he's got, then he's in big trouble! Billy Jack Strong! This TV title stays with me! 

Commercial Break 

The Cripplers and "Dynamite" DJ Peterson vs. The Wild Bunch and Commando Boone w/Nelson Royal 

These teams go at it in a hard hitting seesaw battle. Everybody gets in their shine and of course Nelson gets in his cheap shots. The fans get a solid 10 minute match until a pier six brawl breaks out. DJ and Boone are trading some stiff shots. The Ref's attention goes to Barr and Kerry fighting on the outside. Nelson gets on the apron with his branding iron. Cooley swings Oliver to the ropes but Oliver reverses it and sends Cooley into the branding iron. Cooley staggers back as Oliver rolls him up. The Ref sees this, runs over and counts 1..2..3! 

After the dust settles, Cooley is seen having some choice words for Nelson as Jesse plays peacemaker. 

Commercial Break

Highlights are shown of AWA International champ El Canek while on tour in Australia. 

canek.jpg.b144562d8ceffccc2c1b875970131df6.jpg

Resnick: El Canek is a true fighting champion. At Collision at the Coliseum he puts it all on the line with an open challenge title defense. That's a true champion in my book. 

Boos as Phil Hickerson and Killer Brooks storm out. 

hickerson.jpg.ce2d6b14fd704e53a8bf3743291a0c64.jpgbrooks.jpg.a814d8baed56b2aab8bd1b48e3ae5874.jpg

Brooks: Don't say a word Resnick! Not one word! 

Hickerson: One week! Just one more week! We get to destroy those Glamour Gals in a cage on national TV. I've waited a long time for this and the time has finally come! Texas! Florida! It all comes down to next week, in the cage. This ends in the AWA! Those punks are history! Done! 

Brooks and Hickerson push Resnick and head out. 

Resnick: (pauses) That steel cage match happens next Friday night as part of our special Collison Countdown show from the Roanne Fieldhouse. A lot of hate and history there. 

Commercial Break 

"The Beast" Rip Morgan vs. Clyde Putnam 

rip.jpg.79204e93ea07378975a297575080f041.jpg

Morgan destroys his opponent before he finishes him off with a big boot to the head! Morgan grabs his chain and swings it wildly before heading to ringside. Resnick backs up and tells Morgan we're going to hear comments from Crusher Blackwell. 

Footage is shown from last week as Morgan blasts Blackwell with his chain. 

Blackwell is standing in front of an AWA banner with a bandaged up head.

blackwell.jpg.b38866d2536b43a560d8890a4449474f.jpg

Blackwell: Morgan! At Collison you're mine! And trust me, if I get my hands on that chain, I'm going to make you bleed and choke the life out of you! 

Resnick: (looks over at Morgan) Your thoughts? 

Resnick runs away as Morgan threatens him with his chain. Morgan screams Blackwell's name several times into the camera. 

Commercial Break 

Brenda Britton is sitting in an empty Alumni Coliseum. 

britton.jpg.5aec91034fa6881ddb8f0e304ad2e2e2.jpg

Britton: Hi everybody, right in this very place, next Saturday night, the AWA will present Collison at the Coliseum. Also available on closed circuit TV throughout our AWA arenas. All the titles will be on the line and of course you're going to see the epic War Games match. Another crazy match will see Polynesian Power take on Carlos Colon and TNT in an anything goes match. I think Curtis Iaukea's men will get the win. They're meaner and tougher. Let's hear from both teams. 

Iaukea, Colon and TNT are standing in front of a volcano. 

Iaukea: Snuka! Kokina! Your sins have caught up to you and your punishment awaits. Carlos Colon and TNT are warriors and will rid the world of garbage like you. 

Snuka and Kokina are standing on a beach

Snuka: Iaukea! Colon! We have been through this before and brothu we do it again! TNT you have a debt to pay and Kokina will collect. No rules! Anything goes! This will be our playground! 

Britton: Oh my, those videos sent chills down my spine. That match is going to be insane. It all happens next Saturday night. 10 big matches. Collision at the Coliseum. Until then, toooodles! 

Commercial Break 

AWA World Tag Team Champs, The Bruise Brothers vs. Todd Rooney and Stu Jersky 

atlas.jpg.aeceb2b810ca79d7f91aa2a5858eded3.jpgcameron.jpg.9a3062af92b41b9e4224044b78503c0e.jpgsnowman.jpg.8707a32a546277c3841293ff0d0c1573.jpg

Tony Atlas looks on with approval as Snowman and Cameron squash their opponents. The match ends when Snowman atomic drops Rooney as Cameron blasts him with a running forearm smash to the back of the head! The Bruise Brothers proudly hold up their titles before heading too ringside.

Resnick: Ok, at Collison at the Coliseum, you will defend the AWA world tag titles against Tatsumi Fujinami and Yoshiaki Yatsu. May I ask which two of you will be wrestling that night?

Atlas: No you may not! It doesn't matter because we got this. I mean Jumbo Tsuruta didn't want any part of the match so he fled town. 

Resnick: Wait a minute, hold on. Jumbo was given an amazing opportunity by Ernie Ladd and Jerry Jarrett approved it. May I add that he won a battle royal and was awarded a title shot. Sounds like a good deal to me. 

Atlas: Will you shut up! Quit talking about him and show respect for the world champs! Tatsucker and Yahtzee are going down! That's it, we're done! 

Commercial Break 

"Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly w/The Vin Man vs. Royce Reynolds 

kelly.jpg.2989948565b26937ea89b8960bba2ce7.jpgvin.jpg.b8e1273e6aadc39b3657fe9bf23f5f70.jpg

Vinnie applauds as Kelly clamps on the full nelson and gets the win. Kelly spins Reynolds around and tosses him across the ring. 

Resnick: Alright Vinnie, next week on our special TV show Collison Countdown, your man Kevin Kelly will face Scott Putski. 

Vinnie: Oh Rezzy, this couldn't have worked out better. We get to embarrass and humiliate Punkski on National TV. 

Kelly: That's right! Punkski! You're just like that annoying mosquito that wont go away. Next week I'm going to swat you down, step on you and grind you into the mat! 

Vinnie: YEA! 

Commercial Break 

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich, "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol, Dream Machine, "Terrific" Terry Taylor and "Everybody's Compadre" Alberto Madril w/Baby Doll 

vs

Franklyn Baines, Gary Cartman, Vic Dutro, Willie Lopez and Arnie Goldstein 

Tommy Rich is wearing a 'Lawler Sucks' shirt. Pure showcase for this War Games team. Taylor hits his flying 5 Arm. Alberto executes a Russian Leg Sweep. Dream Machine drops a jumping elbow. Rich taunts the fans before hitting a piledriver. Idol comes in and wins the match with the Las Vegas Leglock. Things continue as they inflict more punishment on their opponents before hurling them out of the ring. Thundering boos as Rich goes to the outside and wants to piledrive one of the fallen opponents on the concrete. 

The place goes bonkers as Jerry Lawler, Bob Armstrong, Al Perez, Tom Zenk and Steve Keirn storm out! 

Lawler nails Rich and pushes him into the steel post. Baby Doll gets out of there. Lawler grabs Rich and pounds away.

Armstrong hits the ring and goes toe to toe with Dream Machine.

Idol goes to the outside as Perez tackles him and punches away. 

Zenk and Taylor have a furious exchange.

Madril tries to run but Keirn catches him and pushes him over the guard railing. 

The show once again ends with fists flying! 

Brown shows plenty of bluster in his opening promo but he finds out real quick what happens when you provoke a Dragon!

Kirchner is ready to put Zbysko through the boot camp from hell.

Gama has his boys ready for the Collision. He also seems to have a surprise in store.

Busick isn't impressed with Billy Jack's displays if strength.

Nelson costs his own team & Cooley lets him hear about it.

Brooks & Hickerson are fired up & ready for the cage!

Blackwell & Morgan may well tear the Coliseum down around them.

Iaukea & his men in front of a volcano is such a cool visual. Snuka & Kokina give a strong response from the beach.

Tatsucker & Yahtzee. LOL.

Kelly is full of confidence heading into Collision Countdown.

We end the show on a great scene as the War Games teams can't wait to tear into each other.

Strong performance for Venomous heading into Collision! Definitely looking forward to that match!

El Canek is big part of the company's brand at this point!

I'm rooting for Jerry Blackwell, love the visual of him making threats whilst his head is still bandaged up!

Loved that segment with the Bruise Brothers, now really hoping the Japanese can show them up!

Really nice brawl to end the night on!

Some great tag teams have come together in the AWA since I've been gone...I love the pairing of Hickerson and Tim Brooks, Scorpio and Cobra is a great team, and the new and improved Bruise Brothers are still kicking butt as well!

Love the "Everybody's Compadre" moniker for Al Madril...and excited to see Tommy Rich is still getting heat with his choice of t-shirts! Lol Still working on getting up to speed but can't wait for the Wargames!

Collision at the Coliseum is set up to be awesome!  I am very interested to see what you do with Steamboat and Bad News... Is this a short reign for Bad News or the beginning of a long feud between the two or do you have some other twist and turn for us all.  This one is going to be awesome.  Also looking forward to the Bruise Brothers... just because they are my favorite team in the game right now.  Ernie Ladd thanks you for Jumbo!  I hope this is the start of a good relationship between Mid-South Rev. and the AWA.  God knows we can't trust Bill Watts.

AWA TV @ The Roanne Fieldhouse, Memphis TN 9-2-87

COLLISION COUNTDOWN! 

Ken Resnick: Hello AWA fans and welcome to our very special TV presentation Collision Countdown. Lance Russell is at the Alumni Coliseum gearing up for tomorrow night's blockbuster event Collision at the Coliseum. Also, all the wrestlers participating in Collision at the Coliseum should be in Richmond Kentucky by now. However, tonight you will not be disappointed because we have 4 tremendous match ups including the much anticipated cage match between The Glamour Boys, Phil Hickerson and Killer Brooks. You'll also see DJ Peterson battling Commando Boone. Scott Putski takes on Kevin Kelly, a lot of bad blood there. We're going to kick things off in a big way, with a bunkhouse tag team match. Let's get to the ring. 

Tag Team Bunkhouse Match 

The Cripplers (Rip Oliver and Kerry Brown) vs. The Wild Bunch (Wendell Cooley and Jesse Barr) w/Nelson Royal 

These teams have been going at it hard for the last couple of months and hopefully things will finally get settled tonight. Both teams come out wearing jeans, T-shirts and taped fists. Nelson is holding his branding iron. The bell rings and the fight's on! 

Oliver and Cooley start out with a furious exchange. Kerry and Barr go toe to toe. Cripplers get the upper hand and atomic drop Cooley and Barr into each other. Both men stagger back as the Cripplers put them down with clotheslines. Cripplers carry the momentum for a few more minutes until Nelson hits Kerry's back from behind with his branding iron. Oliver sees this and heads over but Cooley puts him down with a double axehandle. 

Barr slams Kerry and puts the boots to him. Cooley swings Oliver to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Wild Bunch hammer away on the Cripplers for a while but can't put them away. Cripplers start a comeback as they double back drop Cooley and put Barr down with a double punch. 

Cooley rolls to the outside as Kerry follows. Kerry and Cooley start fighting all around the ring. Inside the ring, Barr rakes Oliver's eyes and holds him as Nelson gets on the apron. Nelson swings his branding iron but Oliver gets free as Nelson hits Barr with the branding iron! Oliver punches Nelson off the apron, turns around and drops an elbow on Barr 1..2..3! 

Cooley and Kerry are still fighting on the outside. The Ref has to go out and tell them it's over. After all the chaos settles, the Cripplers exit as the fans applaud. 

Cooley gets in the ring to check on Barr. Nelson gets in the ring and starts yelling at Cooley asking, "Where were you?!" Cooley tells Nelson "This is your fault!" Nelson gets in Cooley's face and things get tense. Nelson pushes and slaps Cooley! Cooley pauses, then unloads on Nelson! The fans are going crazy as Cooley pounds away on Nelson, clamps on a headlock and drops him with a running bulldog! 

Barr staggers up and clears the cobwebs. He looks down at Nelson, then looks at Cooley leaving the ring to cheers. Barr has no idea what's going on. 

Winners of the Match- The Cripplers 

Commercial Break 

A video highlights the upcoming Collison at the Coliseum AWA World Title Bout between Bad News Brown and Ricky Steamboat. 

"Dynamite" DJ Peterson vs. Commando Boone 

The bell rings and there's quite a stand off. DJ swings off the ropes and goes for a shoulder block but Boone braces himself and knocks DJ down. DJ gets up as Boone yells at him. DJ swings off the ropes and goes for another shoulder block but Boone steps forward and once again puts DJ down. Boone lets out a roar. DJ regroups and swings off the ropes, Boone goes for a clothesline but DJ ducks, swings off the ropes and this time puts Boone down with a flying shoulder tackle. Boone staggers up as DJ sends him into the turnbuckles with a dropkick. DJ charges in with a running shoulder thrust and follows with several more thrusts. DJ swings Boone to the opposite turnbuckles and charges in but Boone lunges forward and puts DJ down with a clothesline. 

Boone regroups and stomps down on DJ, picks him up and slams him down. Boone picks up DJ and hits a front slam 1..2..DJ barley gets his shoulder up. Boone grabs DJ's hair and slams his head on the canvas several times. Boone stands up and hits a leg drop 1..2..DJ gets his shoulder up. An irate Boone uses both hands to grab DJ by his throat. He picks him up and chokeslams him down. Boone swings off the ropes and goes for a splash but DJ moves! 

DJ pumps his fists as the fans fire him up. DJ staggers up and takes a few deep breaths. DJ pumps himself up as Boone slowly staggers to his feet. DJ grabs Boone and bodyslams him down! The fans are up and cheering. DJ goes to the top rope and crashes down with a flying elbow drop 1..2..3! Huge POP! 

Winner of the Match-DJ Peterson

Commercial Break 

More videos that hype up the AWA World Tag Title match between the Bruise Brothers and Fujinami and Yatsu. As well as the AWA National Tag Team title bout between the Quebec Coalition and Technicians. Also included are pre recorded promos from Nick Busick and Billy Jack Strong as they head into their TV title match. This all happens at Collision at the Coliseum. 

Scott "Powerhouse" Putski vs. "Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly w/The Vin Man 

The bell rings but Vinnie stays in the ring antagonizing Putski. Kelly joins in and both men berate Putski. The Ref gets involved and tells Vinnie to leave. Vinnie and Kelly start yelling at the Ref. Finally, Vinnie leaves. Kelly turns around and Putski nails him with the Polish Hammer 1..2..3!!!! It's over just like that! The fans are going nuts. Vinnie runs in the ring and yells at the Ref. Putski grabs Vinnie, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with the Polish Hammer! Thundering cheers. 

Winner of the Match- Scott Putski

Commercial Break 

As the cage is being set up. Videos are shown hyping up the Blackwell/Morgan, Larry Z/Kirchner and the Anything Goes Match between Polynesian Power and Colon and TNT. 

Resnick: Tremendous night of action thus far. It looked like the relationship between Nelson Royal and Wendell Cooley has run its course. DJ Peterson was nothing short of impressive with that win over Commando Boone. And how about Scott Putski? What a night for him. Well fans, the cage is set. Our huge main event when we come back 

Commercial Break 

STEEL CAGE BOUT! 

The Glamour Boys vs. Phil Hickerson and Killer Brooks

The cage door shuts and the match is on! Glamour Boys hit Hickerson and Brooks with stereo Thesz Presses and pound away on them. They pick up Hickerson and Brooks and hurl them both into the side of the cage. Hickerson and Brooks are down as the Glamour Boys stomp away on them. The Ref gets some control and now Simpson and Hickerson are the legal men. 

Simpson swings Hickerson to the ropes and back drops him. Hickerson staggers up as Simpson grabs him and hurls his body into the cage. Simpson tags in Doll. They grab Hickerson and grind his face into the cage. Hickerson's a bloody mess. Brooks runs in but the Glamour Boys pound away on him and double dropkick him back to his corner. Doll grabs Hickerson but Hickerson lowblows him, crawls over and tags in Brooks. Hickerson lays on the canvas with a face covered in blood. 

Brooks runs over and goes for a knee drop but Doll moves, rolls over and tags in Simpson. Simpson is all over Brooks with punches, kicks, slams and dropkicks. Simpson tags in Doll. They hurl Brooks face first into the cage. Grab him and do it again! Now Brooks is a bloody mess. The Glamour Boys give the fans the signal. They climb to the top turnbuckles. Brooks is in a daze as he rises. Doll nails him with a missile dropkick! Brooks goes down as Simpson hits him with a flying splash! The Glam Slam Thank You Maam! 1..2..3! 

The fans are up and cheering like crazy. The Glamour Boys soak it all in. The Ref goes and unlocks the cage door. While the celebration is going on, a bloody and beaten up Hickerson kicks the cage door open. Wait a minute! 

The Original Midnight Express and Norvell Austin run in the cage and attack the Glamour Boys! Hickerson closes the door. The Ref runs back over but Hickerson knocks him down, grabs his key and locks the cage door. 

The Midnight's pound away on the Glamour Boys. They pick Doll up and slam him into the cage. They pick Simpson up and ram him face first into the cage. They swing Doll to the ropes and double hot shot him into the cage. They swing Simpson into the ropes and double flapjack him. They pick up Simpson and hold him. Hickerson slaps Simpson several times, grabs him by his hair and hurls him into the cage. Norvell picks up Doll and swings him into Hickerson. Hickerson clotheslines him down, picks him up and hurls him into the cage. Both Glamour Boys are unconscious and bleeding bad. 

Scott Putski and DJ Peterson are on the outside trying to bust the door open. They start to climb the cage. Hickerson, Norvell and the Midnight Express laugh at them. As Putski and DJ get to the top, Hickerson unlocks the cage door and leads everybody out of the cage. 

DJ and Putski jump down and quickly attend to the Glamour Boys. Meanwhile Brooks is still laid out. 

Winners of the Match- The Glamour Boys

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Just a terrible way to end this show. The Glamour Boys have been stretchered out and will be taken to our nearby hospital. We'll defiantly keep you posted. Well fans, as you just witnessed, the cage match is extremely violent and brutal. Now imagine the War Games match. 2 rings inside a fully enclosed steel cage. The most dangerous match in wrestling. Submit or surrender. That match happens tomorrow night. 

War Pigs by Black Sabbath plays as the video hypes up the War Games match. Highlights of all the inner feuds are shown and how this match came about. 

War Games! 

Jerry Lawler/Bob Armstrong/Steve Keirn/Tom Zenk/Al Perez

vs.

Tommy Rich/Austin Idol/Dream Machine/Alberto Madril/Terry Taylor w/Baby Doll 

Tomorrow Night!

COLLISION at the COLISEUM

Alumni Coliseum, Richmond KY

Available on closed circuit TV