Pro Wrestling Only

AWA Major League Wrestling

spaldoni

Another great week for the AWA.  You have truly captured the complete heel-ness of Greg Gagne and Larry Z.  I think I tried my best to ignore them back in the day but you have made that impossible.  While this is a bit of a crazy hobby, you have me actually rooting for certain  wrestlers... especially Al Perez and Crusher Blackwell.  I think with your writing and my memories of the arrogant Chris Adams, he might soon be added to the list above of my most hated in the game.  At least he has Baby Doll!

WOW... the Road Warriors vs The Bruise Bruisers... WOW!!  My match of the year!

Superclash is shaping up to be the card of the year!!

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 12-2-87

ring.jpg.6685bd9c84c982000a5099741f977605.jpg

Lance Russell: Hello everyone and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Tonight you'll see Polynesian Power take on the Teamsters. Mando Guerrero clashes with Gama Singh. TV champ Nick Busick teams with DJ Peterson and Al Perez to take on Billy Jack Strong, Earthquake Ferris and Larry Zbyszko. Plus, Austin Idol, Dream Machine, Jerry Blackwell. And we'll be hearing from Jerry Lawler as well as AWA world champion Bad News Brown. Well, let's get to the ring. 

"The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol vs. The Masked Gladiator 

idol.jpg.29a92f1f4ea889626b09a958d8d997fd.jpg

Idol arrogantly toys with the masked man, then pounds away on him and hurls him out of the ring. Idol starts strutting around and flexing. On the outside, another masked man comes out from under the ring and slides into the ring. Idol walks over to pick the masked man up. The masked man quickly cradles him 1..2..3!! The fans go wild. A livid Idol hops up and goes after the masked man but gets back dropped. Idol staggers up and gets dropkicked out of the ring. The masked man soaks it all in, then takes off his mask. It's STEVE KEIRN! The fans are loving it. Idol is red faced and pissed as Keirn smiles and waves to him. 

keirn.jpg.87dcd55dc5af63f191f4e1f090dc17f9.jpg

Commercial Break 

Phil Hickerson w/Norvell Austin vs. Arnie Goldstein

hickerson.jpg.ce2d6b14fd704e53a8bf3743291a0c64.jpg 

Hickerson demolishes his opponent and finishes things off with a Gourdbuster. Norvell snatches the mic from Resnick.

Norvell: Phil has something to say, so take a walk Resnick! 

Phil: Glamour Gals! You've been a pain in my life far too long! And then that Punkski got involved. At SuperClash, me and the Midnight Express are going to put an end to all of you once and for all! Elimination match. That means we're going to take each one of you down, one by one! You're all done! All of you! Finally! Done! 

Commercial Break 

The Dream Machine vs. Trent Watkins 

machine.png.e180c5330c37db45d22411e07c479f58.png

Dream Machine does a little shuffle as he punches away on Watkins. Dream slams him down, swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop for the win. 

Resnick: Dream Machine, you have your hands full at SuperClash 2 with Nikita Koloff. Are you regretting all this? 

Dream: (pokes Resnick's chest) Watch your mouth! Why would I be regretting any of this? I'm not scared of anything, especially a no good red like Koloff! He needs to know who's boss around here babay, and at SuperClash, he's going to find out the hard way. 

Commercial Break 

Mando Guerrero vs. Gama Singh 

mando.jpg.99d7dbe9cfcf4b550e6e4be5251b6601.jpggama.jpg.70375d753acb4193d4ddcd336cbd3028.jpg

Gama stands in the ring as Mando makes his way down the aisle. From behind, Mando is attacked by Bruce Hart. Mando fights back. The two keeping fighting up the aisle and into the back. Gama demands the Ref declares him the winner. Gama starts yelling at the Ref. The fans go nuts as EL CANEK sprints into the ring with a lead pipe! Gama turns around as Canek levels him with the pipe! Gama is knocked out. Canek presses a lifeless Gama over his head and throws him to the outside. Gama is lying motionless on the concrete. Medics rush out to attend to him. Canek looks in the camera and holds up one finger, then motions around his waist. Mike George and Greg Gagne must be freaking out right now. 

canek.jpg.b144562d8ceffccc2c1b875970131df6.jpg

Commercial Break 

Resnick: My goodness! El Canek is back with a vengeance! Gama Singh has been stretchered out of here. If you remember, back at Collision at the Coliseum in September, Gama Singh hit El Canek with a lead pipe to help Mike George win the International title. It looks like El Canek is back with revenge on his mind. No doubt a strong message sent to champ Mike George and Greg Gagne as SuperClash gets closer. Speaking of SuperClash, another grudge match will pit Carlos Colon against the son of Curtis Iaukea, Abudda. Let's go to the homeland of Carlos Colon. 

Colon is wearing an eye patch as he lifts weights. Colon stops and towels off.

Colon: Curtis! Abudda! I hope you're watching. You put me down but I'm not out. At SuperClash, I'm fighting for redemption, I'm fighting for revenge and I'm fighting for my soul. Most of all, I'm fighting to rid the AWA of the evil you're spreading. 

Commercial Break 

Polynesian Power vs. The Teamsters 

kokina.jpg.f9f06b888f30e4c1a37fbeaab73456ba.jpgsnuka.jpg.96e95419cbbdc9b69d07261afa06ad3f.jpgveasey.jpg.b84de2c0f52b673b7fe05dcd0f19e125.jpghuber.jpg.d1e63ccbc8ff61ff78b441ed9a76047d.jpg

Both teams are gearing up for the upcoming Clash Countdown Tag Team Battle Royal. 

Teamsters come out swinging and take it to Polynesian Power. They look crisp, aggressive and show off impressive teamwork. They almost put Snuka down with a double gut buster. Polynesian Power come back hard as Kokina mows over both Teamsters and looks like a beast. Kokina hits a Samoan Drop on Veasey and tags in Snuka. Snuka goes to the top rope. Huber runs over but Kokina clotheslines him down. Snuka hits the Superfly Splash and it's all over. Polynesian Power have some serious momentum heading into the battle royal. 

Commercial Break 

britton.jpg.5aec91034fa6881ddb8f0e304ad2e2e2.jpg

Brenda Britton is once again standing in front of a gym door. Carl Fergie and George Wells walk out in sweatsuits to join her.

Britton: As you can see, I'm standing here with the Priceless alumni, who have taken a break to give us another update on the soon to be millionaire again, Gerry Morrow. How's he looking guys? 

Wells: Better than ever Brenda. That Fatwell should just forfeit right now. He has no idea what he's in for. 

Fergie: Yea, Gerry's going to wrestle circles around Fatso. Just give it up Fatwell. You can't hang. 

Britton: I know! Jeez, I mean what would that Fat Hillbilly do with a million dollars? Get a shave and haircut? 

They all laugh

Britton: Before you guys go, I want to make this earth shattering announcement. In 2 weeks the Beauty Shop will return, and my very, very, very special guest will be none other than Gerry Morrow! And he's going to show all of you peons that he's more than prepared for SuperClash. Alright guys, let's get back to Gerry.

Wells and Fergie walk in as Brenda follows and quickly slams the door behind her. 

Commercial Break 

Crusher Blackwell vs. Todd Rooney 

blackwell.jpg.b38866d2536b43a560d8890a4449474f.jpg

The "Future Millionaire" chants are louder than ever as Blackwell hits the big splash for the win. 

Resnick: (Smiling) Listening to these fans, they really want to see you win the million dollar match at SuperClash. Now, I know you've seen and heard the comments from Brenda Britton and the Priceless alumni. 

Blackwell: First I want to thank all these great fans for their tremendous support. I assure all of you I'm going to win that money. A million dollars Ken! Unbelievable! Now, as for Britton and the goons, there is no way in hell they're going to stand in my way of a million dollars. Not with these fans on my side. Morrow! You were once a millionaire and who knows, you might be one again, but it won't be at SuperClash! You can bet on that!  

Commercial Break

'Shout It Out loud' by Kiss plays as a montage of Bruise Brothers and Road Warriors highlights are shown. Awesome hype with both teams destroying opponents. 

AWA World Tag Team Title Bout! 

AWA World Champions vs. WCPW Champions at SuperClash 2! 

Commercial Break 

AWA TV Champ Nick Busick, "Dynamite" DJ Peterson and "The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez

vs.

Billy Jack Strong, Earthquake Ferris and "The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko w/The Vin Man 

This one's hard hitting and full of hate. Busick and Strong have several heated exchanges. DJ and Ferris trade mighty blows. Larry tries to avoid Perez as much as he can but eventually Perez gets his hands on him and pounds away on his head. Eventually everybody is in there fighting. Busick and Strong once again, end up fighting all over on the outside. As DJ gets the upper hand on Ferris, Vinnie hops on the apron, but DJ grabs him, hoists him up and throws him into Ferris. The Ref is distracted by all this which allows Larry to get his nun chucks. Larry starts to get on the apron. Perez grabs him by his hair, but Larry nails him with the nun chucks in his mid section. Larry gets in the ring and rolls Perez up as the Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! BOOOOOOOO! 

Commercial Break 

Jerry Lawler is standing in front of a SuperClash 2 banner. 

lawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpg

Lawler: Bad News Brown, I thought you had guts but I was wrong. You attacked me last week from behind like the coward you really are. Even so, I realized something. You're not so bad. You're not so tough. And if that's all you got, then you're in serious trouble. At SuperClash, we're going to fight face to face and when it's all over, I'm going to be standing over you, holding up the AWA world title! 

Resnick: Ok, strong words from Jerry Lawler. Joining me now is the AWA world champion, Bad News Brown. At SuperClash 2, it's you and Lawler for the world title in a Street Fight Match. I do think your attack on Lawler last week was completely uncalled for. 

1523393988_badnews.jpg.f11c2fc3ef6a3d2afbd8ef4b160b3e85.jpg

Brown: I don't care what you think! A wimp like you or Queen Lawler wouldn't understand. I did what I did last week to prove a point. In a street fight there are no rules! Anything goes! I grew up fighting in the streets of Harlem. You hear that Lawler! I've been street fighting all my life. At SuperClash 2, we're in my world and you don't have a prayer chump! 

1839543768_clash2.jpg.0cd0324501fa10267ca783969a9b7b76.jpg

Saturday December 31st

From the St. Paul Civic Center 

Live on pay per view 

See previous post for official SuperClash 2 card. 

Keirn starts the show with the "hide under a mask to get a win over your rival" trick. Classic.

Hickerson is certainly fired up for the big six man elimination match.

Dream Machine just keeps digging himself in deeper and deeper.

Gama must've been feeling pretty smart when Hart jumped Mando but then Canek returns to send him out on a stretcher!

Colon says he's fighting for his soul and if he's not careful, Curtis Iaukea may just eat it.

Polynesian Power win a snug one with the Teamsters.

Brenda & co seem to be working hard to get their man in fighting shape for SuperClash 2. They better keep at it because Blackwell is on a roll.

Great mixing of mid-card feud in the main event.

Lawler & Brown exchange fire promos to close the show. Gonna be a hell of a fight at SuperClash 2.

Great preview to SuperClash!

I loved Keirn under the mask!  This match with Idol will be awesome!

Also think the creativity with the Million Dollar Match has been so well done!  Great booking

El Canek rushing in reminds me of how Colon was when he was a babyface for you the first time.  He always seemed to go right after the big heels.  Now El Canek and the lead pipe after Gamma ... Awesome.  As is all the work you have put into Colon vs Abudda.

Lawler vs BBB... very interested to see which way you go.  Is it Lawler a la Memphis or Lawler a la AWA meaning does Lawler keep getting the title back or is he going to be a huge star in a huge feud that doesn't need a title to support it. You have done both so well and just can't wait to see which one is next.

Have a bad feeling for Dream Machine!

Looking forward to finding out all the answers at Superclash!

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 12-9-87

Lance Russell: Hello everyone and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Fans, SuperClash 2 is right around the corner and we've got a lot going on tonight. All the top tag teams will be tuning up for the Clash Countdown battle royal. Matt Borne and Rip Oliver take on the Honor Roll. The British Bombers will face the Quebec Coalition. A new version of Venomous will be in action, more on that later. AWA International champ Mike George will be in action, as will Chris Adams, Steve Keirn, Abudda Iaukea, The Glamour Boys and Scott Putski in 6 man action, and Nikita Koloff. And, we'll hear from the AWA world champion Bad News Brown. Let's get to the ring. 

Nikita Koloff vs. Trent Watkins 

nikita.jpg.55941a8912bb6329a5654e2ff9df290f.jpg

The fans are chanting "Ni-ki-ta, Ni-ki-ta, Ni-ki-ta" as Koloff puts his opponent down with the Russian Sickle. 

Resnick: Nikita, I'm sure you heard the words of Dream Machine last week. 

Koloff: I did and I promise, Dream Machine no send Nikita anywhere. At SuperClash 2, I'm going to put that big mouth down with my Russian Sickle! That will shut him up! 

Nikita does his trap pose. 

Commercial Break

The British Bombers vs. The Quebec Coalition w/Frenchy Martin 

These teams go at it with serious intensity. Frenchy has his guys in top forum while the Bombers are on their A game. All 4 men end up going at it and all 4 men end up on the outside brawling as the Ref counts both teams out. If either of these teams want to win the battle royal, they're going to have to stay in the ring. 

Commercial Break 

"The Fabulous One" Steve Keirn vs. Lloyd Brougham 

keirn.jpg.87dcd55dc5af63f191f4e1f090dc17f9.jpg

Keirn executes the reverse DDT and it's all over. 

Resnick: (smiling) Steve, you really pulled one over on Austin Idol last week. Things are in your favor heading into SuperClash 2. 

Keirn: Idol's not the only one with tricks up his sleeve. He wants to play games? Well I can play games too. At SuperClash, it's game over for Austin Idol! 

Commercial Break 

Footage from last week is shown as El Canek returns and takes Gama Singh out with a lead pie, then presses him over his head and tosses him out on the concrete. 

Resnick: After what happened last week, Gama Singh wont be coming back to the AWA anytime soon. I understand Scorpio was so upset at what happened to his mentor that he's left as well. Cobra didn't waste any time and has found a new Venomous partner known as Cat. Let's take a look. 

Venomous (Cobra and Cat) vs. Todd Rooney and Ray Glader 

cobra.jpg.62d019d2a8dbb40b7f20875c706adb0e.jpgboone.jpg.f9b34496579d0c9c8de00397d9ce60e1.jpg

The chemistry is defiantly there and the new Venomous are gelling well. What really puts them over is their finish. Cobra executes a Superplex as Kat follows with a moonsault! WOW! Next stop, the tag team battle royal. 

Commercial Break 

"Gentleman" Chris Adams w/Baby Doll vs. Chet Wagner 

adams.jpg.177b4c962e2bd0b235f2955f6c59b51c.jpg

Adams arrogantly toys with his opponent before putting him down and out with the Superkick! 

The fans go wild as TOM ZENK springboards into the ring! Baby Doll is yelling at Adams to turn around. Adams does and Zenk dropkicks him down. Zenk grabs Adams, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Adams staggers up as Zenk gets ready to nail him with the superkick but Adams frantically falls back as Baby Doll helps get him out of the ring. The fans are up and cheering as Zenk pumps his fists. Those two have a date at SuperClash 2. 

zenk.jpg.271cb3c06fa5b064cc0c81a91ec57709.jpg

Commercial Break 

AWA International Champ "Marvelous" Mike George w/Greg Gagne vs. Carl Kellerman 

mgeorge.jpg.5696db0f61fa72e2bbd4870746fab00e.jpg

Gagne keeps nervously looking over his shoulder. George finishes things off with the Russian Leg Sweep. Gagne quickly gets in the ring and hands George the title. George pats him on the back and leads him to ringside.

Resnick: Greg Gagne, it looked to me like you were a bit nervous, perhaps due to the return of El Canek? 

Gagne: (Stuttering) 

George: Greg, just relax. That masked buffoon is the one who should be scared. I beat him for this title and I'm going to beat him again at SuperClash. Why? Because I'm the champ and I'm marvelous.

Gagne: (nods) You're right Mike. Gama was caught off guard and I wish him the best in future endeavors. Right now all my focus is on Mike George and the International title. We're making the AWA great again and we're not going to let a freak like Canek ruin it. Stuff it Resnerd! 

Commercial Break 

1315977144_roadwarriors.jpg.3e78d36216981642f42edf27b6300e48.jpgatlas.jpg.aeceb2b810ca79d7f91aa2a5858eded3.jpgcameron.jpg.9a3062af92b41b9e4224044b78503c0e.jpg

Def Leppard's Rock Rock Til You Drop plays to a video of the WCPW Champs Road Warriors and AWA World Champs the Bruise Brothers destroying opponents. 

This Colossal Collision happens at SuperClash 2! 

We then go to highlights from Japan as Tatsumi Fujinami wins a match with his Dragon Suplex. That's followed by Jumbo Tsuruta winning a match with a sheerdrop powerbomb! 

tatsumi.jpg.1e1834386b7e892b94d52b8d478288cd.jpgjumbo.jpg.e38382b7b41404e93f709d4286cb5935.jpg

Japan's most wanted match happens at SuperClash 2! 

Commercial Break 

Abudda Iaukea w/Curtis Iaukea vs. Harold Bannister 

abbuda.jpg.80fb3378e67249e43be6447f80cbb722.jpg

Abudda destroys his opponent before putting him out of his misery with the camel clutch. Curtis comes in and hammers away on poor Harold with his kendo stick. 

Resnick: Curtis, no doubt your influence is seen in your son's actions. He's been ruthless. However, Carlos Colon is training hard and is almost at full strength. 

Curtis: Colon! You fool! My son gave you just a taste of what he's capable of. Just a taste! That eye patch you wear will be a constant reminder. At Superclash, all of Abudda's wickedness and evil will be unleashed on you! 

Abudda: Carlos, you say your fighting for your soul? Too late! At SuperClash, your soul belongs to me! 

Commercial Break 

The Glamour Boys and Scott "Powerhouse" Putski vs. Sam Smith, Rick Caulk and Jason Higgens 

simpson.jpg.8a24c045e095a2272a24a2c3d5fa33bc.jpgsdoll.jpg.9546a5251ff01c4e4a0a2930b7489d4e.jpgputski.jpg.67044e38c0e3ca3225c6eefa28899ee0.jpg

Glamour Boys hit a double dropkick on Higgens. Putski tags in and finishes things off with the Polish Hammer. 

As they celebrate, The Original Midnight Express, Norvell Austin and Phil Hickerson hit the ring with fists flying! Everybody fights for a minute until the commercial hits. 

midnites.jpg.c8ee58e1244698a8e5e3d07b1cd8e14d.jpghickerson.jpg.ce2d6b14fd704e53a8bf3743291a0c64.jpg

Commercial Break 

Brenda Britton appears on screen.

Britton: I can hardly contain myself! In just 3 short weeks, Gerry Morrow will complete the comeback story of the century and once again be a millionaire. As you all know, next week he will be my very, very, very special guest on the Beauty Shop. But, right now, to tie you all over, check out this training video. Jerry Fatwell! You better take a real good look at this. Toooodles! 

Rocky's theme 'Gonna Fly Now' plays as Carl Fergie and George Wells cheer Morrow on as he runs up and down bleachers. The scenes cut from Morrow lifting weights, sparring in the ring and working the bag. The last scene is Wells and Fergie holding Gerry's arms high in victory at the top of some building's steps.  

Commercial Break

Footage from last week is shown as Larry Zbyszko hits Al Perez with nun chucks to get the win in a 6 man tag match.  

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez vs. Vic Dutro 

alp.jpg.385babc5f99261bd7642a5fc6931960f.jpg

Perez is aggressive tonight and wins the match with the helicopter drop! 

Resnick: Al, it's you and Larry Zbyszko in a taped fist match at SuperClash 2. I know his nun chucks have caused you a lot of pain and problems. 

Perez: Larry knows he can't get the job done with his fists so he's doing everything he can to take me out before our fight. Not going to happen! At SuperClash I'm going to unleash all my frustrations and agony on your head Larry! You're going to be battered, bloody and bruised! 

Commercial Break 

Matt Borne and Rip Oliver vs. The Honor Roll w/Professor Bill Ash 

This one's a hard hitting affair. The Honor Roll are in synch and score several near falls. The closest being a double boot to the face on Oliver but luckily Borne broke it. Oliver and Borne make a big time comeback. Oliver takes Kelly down with a spear, which allows Borne to hit the Bomb's Away on Morgan for the win. Professor Ash shakes his head and lowers it in shame. Borne and Oliver have to be considered favorites to win the battle royal. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Ok, at SuperClash 2, the AWA world title will be on the line in a Street Fight. Coming out now is the AWA world champion, Bad News Brown. 

Brown is all money as he comes out in a suit, buttons down, wearing a gold chain. He's got the title on his shoulder. 

Resnick: Bad News Brown, after that sneak attack beating you gave Jerry Lawler a couple weeks ago, the odds are in your favor going into SuperClash 2. 

Brown: Sneak attack? You really are an idiot Resnick! In a street fight there are no rules! I was being nice and gave Lawler a heads up on what he's in for. Give him time to bow out because that's what cowards do. Lawler! You're the biggest chump....

WHAM! 

From behind, Jerry Lawler hits Brown over his head with a trashcan! Lawler picks up Brown and swings him into the steel post, then hurls him in the ring. Lawler pounds away on Brown's head, hoists him up and piledrives him down! Lawler puts his boot on Brown's chest and holds his fist high. 

Saturday, December 31st

Live on pay per view

Singing the National Anthem- Joan Jett 

See previous post for official SuperClash 2 card

If there's anything that can shut Dream Machine's mouth, it's the Russian Sickle.

The Coalition & The Bombers have a wild one. Hope they can reign in those tempers in time for the battle royal.

Cat may what Venomous needed to get to the next level.

Zenk returns for a crowd pleasing brawl with Adams. Looking forward to their first match.

Gagne is scared shitless at the return of Canek and for once, I don't blame him.

The AWA is truly offering a pair of dream matches at SuperClash 2.

Abudda is ready to unleash hell at SuperClash 2. I hope Colon is ready.

Nothing like a good ol'fashioned six man brawl to bring the crowd alive.

After a bumpy start, it looks like Morrow is truly back in fighting shape.

Perez is ready for war with Larry Z.

The Honor Roll are looking like the students at the back of the class heading into the battle royal.

Lawler shows Brown he knows exactly what a Street Fight is all about. Great show ending visual.

Another great preview show with all the angles coming together for Superclash.  I give you credit for making Nikita a babyface.  I know it is historically accurate but I still think it is hard to do.  It is so easy to make the Russian heel story work but the much harder to write the other way around.  Great job.

Very interesting tag match with the Road Warriors vs The Bruise Brothers.  I think the winner here will control the AWA tag division for a while.  

You have always done a great job of developing the midcard feuds but I think the Gerry Morrow thing is your best work.  You have made Morrow vs Blackwell into Must-See-TV!

The AWA is ending 87 with a bang!

I love that wrestling figure ring set up... wait till 1988 when I jump that up to a new level.

AWA is a great hallmark for our world of wrestling. The Road Warriors come over to give it some spice. Bad News is a big deal. Jerry Lawler looks to reign as the king. I am interested to see who comes out early in 1988 to be a top tier guy. Chris Adams is at the top of my list and I can't wait to see what Larry Z has in store.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 12-16-87

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. We're only two weeks away from the biggest AWA event of the year, SuperClash 2. And don't forget, the night before, right here on TV, will be the Clash Countdown special. However, before we get there, we have a tremendous show lined up tonight. Listen to this main event, 10-Man tag team match. On one side will be Steve Keirn, Tom Zenk, Scott Putski and the Glamour Boys. Their opponents will be Austin Idol, Chris Adams, Phil Hickerson and the Original Midnight Express. Ok fans, joining me now is none other than Jerry 'The King' Lawler.

Huge pop as Lawler comes out wearing a polo shirt and jeans. 

Lance: Jerry, at SuperClash 2, you will face Bad News Brown in a street fight for the AWA world title. After what happened last week, I think Brown may have underestimated your street fighting skills. 

Lawler: You know, Bad News Brown loves to talk and talk about how tough he is. He went on and on about how he grew up street fighting and how I was clueless on what I was getting myself into. Well Brown, I got one up on you last week and...

Booooos as Bad News Brown runs out in jeans and a T-Shirt! Lawler see this and runs towards Brown. Both men meet with fists flying and have a furious exchange. The fans are going nuts as Brown and Lawler tear into each other. They fight over the guardrail and into the crowd. They fight back towards the ring and brawl around it and up the aisle and into the commercial break. 

Commercial Break 

El Canek vs. Roger Florin 

canek.jpg.b144562d8ceffccc2c1b875970131df6.jpg

Canek came back a couple weeks ago with a vengeance when he put Gama Singh out of commission. He gets his long awaited rematch with Mike George at SuperClash for the International title. He looks tuned up and ready as he wins the match with an impressive Gorilla Press Drop! 

As Canek celebrates with the fans, Greg Gagne's buddy, Bruce Hart heads to the ring with a lead pipe. However, he's tackled from behind by Mando Guererro! Mando picks up the pipe but Bruce staggers up and quickly back pedals to the back. Canek gives Mando a wave and Mando returns with a nod. 

Commercial Break 

AWA National Tag Team Champs The Technicians vs. Sam Smith and Rick Jurgens 

fleming.jpg.80e9d15ee8801ea0a345a67ffb2e84e9.jpgbradr.jpg.49257ef1337b50e83953d543fa369183.jpg

Rheingans hits a reverse neckbreaker on Smith and tags in Fleming, who finishes things off with a rear naked chokehold. 

Resnick: Impressive win Technicians. As you know, at the Clash Countdown Special, there will be a tag team battle royal. The winning team will each receive a brand new Cadillac as well as a shot at your National Tag Titles, the next night at SuperClash. That only gives you one day to prepare for your opponents. 

Fleming: That might sound like it puts us at a slight disadvantage. However, Brad and I are in synch and focused. Trust us Ken, we'll be ready.

Rheingans: Exactly right! We've been defending these titles night after night for the past 4 months and we'll be ready for any team at SuperClash!

Commercial Break 

The Dream Machine vs. Carl Kellerman 

machine.png.e180c5330c37db45d22411e07c479f58.png

Dream shuffles his feet and knocks Carl down with a big right hook. Dream swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop for the win. 

Resnick: Dream Machine, it's you and Ni...

Dream: Zip it Resnick! Now I know Nikita Koloff is here and I'm asking him to come out and talk to me man to man. Don't worry Koloff, I'm not going to hurt you. Just get out here. 

Cheers as Nikita comes out with his hands on his waist. Nikita walks over.

nikita.jpg.55941a8912bb6329a5654e2ff9df290f.jpg

Dream: Well, well, well, you do have some guts babay. Now listen up. Just so there's no misunderstanding. I run things here in the AWA and you're going to find that out at SuperClash. But before we get there, I want you to think about this.

Dream slaps Nikita and then sprints away! 

Nikita processes this, then turns back around. Nikita is fuming. Dream is up the aisle laughing at Nikita. Then goes behind the curtain. 

Nikita: (Yelling and stomping around) Dream Machine! I not only beat you at SuperClash, but Nikita take your head off with Russian Sickle! 

Commercial Break 

Earthquake Ferris w/The Vin Man vs. Trent Watkins

ferris.jpg.75a0dd1b3c05f313b79d3e821cfb2d74.jpgvin.jpg.b8e1273e6aadc39b3657fe9bf23f5f70.jpg

Vinnie applauds as Ferris hits a powerslam, then picks up Watkins and executes the Ferris Wheel for the win. 

Resnick: Vinnie, at the Clash Countdown, your man Ferris goes one on one with DJ Peterson. 

Vinnie: Oh Rezzy, you know DJ and I go way back. So it's going to be a lot of fun watching my main man Ferris pummel that joke Peterson. Peterson! You're going down, down, down! And you aint getting up! Yea! 

Commercial Break 

We see Carlos Colon (wearing an eye patch) at home surrounded by his family. 

Colon: It was a long hard road and now it's time. Abudda Iaukea! You have your father's evil and wickedness. You used all of that to take me out. You won that battle. However, this war isn't over. I'm back and coming for you at SuperClash! I'm coming to stop your wickedness and eradicate your father! 

Commercial Break 

AWA World Tag Team Champs The Bruise Brothers (Atlas and Cameron) w/Snowman vs. Teddy Clark and Ray Glader 

atlas.jpg.aeceb2b810ca79d7f91aa2a5858eded3.jpgcameron.jpg.9a3062af92b41b9e4224044b78503c0e.jpgsnowman.jpg.8707a32a546277c3841293ff0d0c1573.jpg

Snowman pumps his fists as Atlas and Cameron swing Clark to the ropes and put him down with double axehandles to the head! 

Resnick: At SuperClash the Bruise Brothers will defend the AWA world tag titles against the Windy City tag champs, the Road Warriors. This will no doubt be a colossal collision. Before I talk with the AWA champs, let's hear some prerecorded comments from the Road Warriors. 

1315977144_roadwarriors.jpg.3e78d36216981642f42edf27b6300e48.jpg

The Road Warriors are standing there in tank tops, with the WCPW tag straps on their shoulders. 

Animal: Bruise Brothers! It's real simple! We're coming to SuperClash to once again prove our dominance and win the AWA world tag team titles! Tell em Hawk! 

Hawk: You guys think you're the bullies of the block do ya? WELL! We love putting bullies in their place because we snack on danger and dine on death and dead men don't get paid! OOOOHHHH what a rush! 

Resnick: Wow! Ok, your response. 

Atlas: What about it? Do you see us shaking? Do we look rattled? Do you for one second think they intimidate us? 

Cameron: Because those clowns don't! 

Atlas: Hell no they don't! At SuperClash, Larry and I are going to out muscle and out wrestle those painted freaks. Our man Snowman is going to be there to watch our backs. 

Snowman: Try any funny business Road Warriors and I'll damn sure put a stop to it! 

Atlas: Your AWA world tag team champs the Bruise Brothers are united and stronger than ever. Road Warriors! We're going to send you back to Chicago with your tails between your legs! 

Bruise Brothers hold up their titles and flex. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Ok, with me now is the AWA TV champ Nick Busick. Nick, you and Billy Jack Strong have been involved in a powerhouse of a feud for the past few months. At SuperClash, this should finally conclude in a steel cage match. I also want to point out that if you're successful that night, then it will mark one full year as TV champ. That's incredible. 

Busick: Ken, it's been my pleasure to represent the AWA on television. I can't believe I've held this title for almost a year. Right now I need to focus on the task at hand and that's Billy Jack Strong. 

Right on cue, Billy Jack Strong comes out clapping. 

Resnick: Just relax boys. Please. 

Billy: Hey, I'm just out here congratulating Mr. Busick here. Almost a year as TV champion. Man, that's incredible. (Billy stops clapping) Get real Busick! Your reign ends at SuperClash! I have your number and you know it! In a cage, you can't take the easy way out. This scares you! You won't be able to deal with this. 

Billy pushes Nick. Nick pushes Billy. They're about to explode but Security was well prepared and came out quick. Busick and Strong push off Security and pound away on each other. More Security swarms as a commercial hits. 

busick.jpg.de786178dd6ea45803150bf04ad2153c.jpgbilly.jpg.0c6386f5a8b4fc47568d78e9a72f1fdc.jpg

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the glowing pink 'Beauty Shop' sign, then pans down to Brenda Britton. 

Britton: Hi everybody! Wow! It feels so good to be back. The place that gets all the hottest scoops, the Beauty Shop. I'm beyond excited tonight. At SuperClash 2, numerous sponsors of the AWA chipped in to sanction the million dollar match. 2 names were drawn in the lottery. One was that slob Crusher Fatwell. The real news was the other name drawn. The one and only Gerry Morrow. Priceless Alumni Carl Fergie and George Wells returned to get Morrow ready. Can we just take a moment and think how awesome that was. The band came back together. So cool! At SuperClash, Gerry Morrow will put a cap the greatest comeback story in wrestling history. No wait! World history! I can't wait! Ok, let's get to the good stuff. Carl Fergie and George Wells, come on out.

Fergie and Wells come out wearing sweatsuits. 

Britton: You guys are the best! True friends indeed. I called and you didn't hesitate for a second. You came and got Gerry back on track. 

Fergie: Gerry's been my closest friend. Wild horses couldn't keep me away from helping. I can tell you that Gerry is better than ever. That glob Fatwell will be blown up in under a minute. This will be the easiest million dollars Gerry ever made.

Wells: Gerry made me a champion. We wined and dined and had nothing but a great time. Brenda, you gave me the opportunity to pay him back. I will be forever in debt to you. Listen up Fat Man Fatwell! You don't deserve this! Gerry's going to embarrass and humiliate you. Just give up now and save face. 

Britton: I couldn't agree more! NOW! The moment we've all been waiting for. Please stand up and show respect for the great Champagne Gerry Morrow! 

morrow.jpg.712675a327c62249763b97627a642937.jpg

Morrow comes out wearing a white suit, fedora hat and sunglasses. He takes a moment to let this all sink in. He hugs Fergie and Wells, then grabs Brenda's hands and kisses it. Brenda turns him around, smiles and nods in approval. 

Britton: It's been far too long. Talk to us Gerry. 

Morrow: (smiles bright) Ah Brenda, so very good to be back. Before I forget, after I win de million dollars at de SuperClash, you are invited to de post victory New Year's Eve celebration with myself and Priceless. 

Britton: (jumps up and down) YES! I can't wait! 

Morrow: HAHAHA! Very good. Thanks to de 3 of you, I have been reborn. I have never felt better. You all know I hit rock bottom. I was lost but then I was found. I will be a millionaire again and nothing will stop me. Dat obese Fatwell has no business in dis match. He is lower than me. Not in my class. Out of my league. I will quickly dispose of him and then we will have de party of a lifetime. Brenda, Carl, George, you made me whole again. I will repay dat debt. After SuperClash, de world is ours! 

Britton: That was the best speech ever! 1987 is going to end on the highest of high notes. Until SuperClash, toooodles! 

Morrow, Brenda, Fergie and Wells have a group hug. 

Commercial Break 

Crusher Blackwell vs. Arnie Goldstein, Todd Rooney and Harold Bannister 

It's obvious Blackwell is sending a message tonight by taking on 3 men. Blackwell slams Rooney, then slams Bannister on top of Rooney, then slams Goldstein on top of both men. Blackwell swings off the ropes and splashes all 3 men for the pin! 

Resnick: Blackwell, I know you saw the Beauty Shop. By what I just saw, you're looking to become a millionaire. 

The fans chant "Future Millionaire' as Blackwell pumps his fists to them.

Blackwell: I've heard all the comments from Britton, Priceless and Morrow. They've cracked jokes and called me names. Big deal. Morrow! I want you to hear me and hear me good. There's no way you're going to keep me from that million dollars. You just saw me beat 3 men. That was a message for you and your goons. I'll go through all of you if I have to. Morrow! You say you're above me? Well, at SuperClash I'll be above you when I put you through the mat and collect the million! 

More "Future Millionaire" chants

Commercial Break 

Ken Resnick is joined by Al Perez on commentary for the main event 

"The Fabulous One" Steve Keirn, 'Z-Man' Tom Zenk, Scott "Powerhouse" Putski and The Glamour Boys

vs.

"The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol, "Gentleman" Chris Adams, Phil Hickerson and The Original Midnight Express w/Norvell Austin and Baby Doll 

What could go wrong here? Before the bell rings, Larry Zbyszko comes out and starts antagonizing Al Perez. Larry slaps the headset off Perez's head. Perez jumps over the table and tackles Larry! 

In the ring it's total chaos! Idol and Keirn are beating each other up. Zenk and Adams fight on the outside. Baby Doll jumps on Zenk's back. Hickerson and Putski are in the corner trading blows. The Glamour Boys and Midnight's are trading moves in the ring. The match never officially begins. However, the cameras keep rolling and the viewers get a good few minutes of craziness. 

Norvell sneaks a hit on Putski, which allows Hickerson to clothesline Putski down. Glamour Boys go for stereo Thesz presses but the Midnight's catch them and double hot shot them on the top ropes. On the outside, Zenk shakes Baby Doll off him. Adams charges but Zenk back drops him on the concrete! Idol swings Keirn towards the steel post but Keirn reverses it and swings Idol down into the ring steps! Perez and Zbyszko have been hammering away on each other with fists and that image ends the show. 

Next week will be the SuperClash 2 Preview 

Saturday, December 31st

Live on pay per view 

See Previous post for official card 

The champ & the King brawling makes for a exciting opening to this week's show.

Hart tries to pull a Gama but Canek has backup in the form of Mando.

The Technicians aren't sweating their unpredictable defense at SuperClash 2.

Well it's official, Dream Machine is without a doubt the STUPIDEST man in wrestling babay.

Vin Man is his usual annoying self but to be fair, if I had a man like Ferris, I'd be pretty confident too.

Colon spends time with the family as he prepares for war.

Give the Bruise Brothers credit, they aren't backing down from the Road Warriors. 

Busick & Strong won't let themselves be held back by security. Are we sure a cage can hold these two?

Morrow & Blackwell both cut fire promos ahead of their Million dollar match.

10 man mayhem closes us out leaving us all pumped for next week's show.

Again, the leadup to Superclash gives us a great week of TV.  

Enjoying all the chaos surrounding the Lawler/Brown feud!

Dream Machine might deserve Jobber to the Stars award as he is putting on a good show trying to convince anyone that he could win.

Enjoyed how Brenda took on such great role in this Million Dollar Match

That main event hyped up so many angles... great booking.

AWA SuperClash 2 Preview Show

awa2.jpg.f9782ae0c524d7a10c4fdd27cab51447.jpg

On Friday December 30th from the Mayo Civic Center in Minnesota, there will be a special Clash Countdown show on TV. The following matches will take place.

"Dynamite" DJ Peterson vs. Earthquake Ferris w/The Vin Man

Mando Guerrero vs. "The Calgary Flame" Bruce Hart 

TAG-TEAM BATTLE ROYAL

Winners will each win a Cadillac and a shot at the AWA National Tag titles the next night at SuperClash. 

Teams Participating

Matt Borne and Rip Oliver

The Quebec Coalition 

Polynesian Power 

Venomous 

British Bombers 

The Honor Roll

Uncommon Alliance 

The Teamsters 

Saturday, December 31st

Live on Pay Per View 

"The Z-Man" Tom Zenk vs. "Gentleman" Chris Adams w/Baby Doll 

In October, during the Lawler/Rich match, Zenk put an end to Baby Doll's interference by coming out and hoisting Baby Doll up on his shoulder and hauling her out of the Mid South Coliseum. Weeks later, Baby Doll came back and confronted Zenk, which allowed a debuting Chris Adams to superkick Zenk down. Both men use the superkick as a finisher and both men have vowed to put the other man down with it. 

Nikita Koloff vs. The Dream Machine 

Nikita made a big splash in the AWA right off the bat. Dream returned and confronted Nikita, telling him he wasn't going to be overshadowed and that he runs things in the AWA babay. Dream pushed Nikita, then Nikita pushed Dream down. They traded verbal shots the next few weeks. Last week Dream slapped Nikita, then sprinted away. Nikita vowed to take Dream's head off with the Russian Sickle. 

The Million Dollar Match

Crusher Blackwell vs. 'Champagne' Gerry Morrow 

Several AWA sponsors contributed to sponsor this match. A lottery drawing picked out 2 names. Blackwell and Morrow were chosen. The fans have rallied behind Blackwell and have chanted "Future Millionaire" during his matches. Morrow has had quite a year. He lost all his money in a bet. He went missing for months. Brenda Britton finally tracked him down and even brought Morrow's old Priceless partners George Wells and Carl Fergie for support. They got him off the streets and back in the gym. After a rough start, Morrow became his old self again. Morrow and his Priceless alumni along with Britton have insulted Blackwell relentlessly. Blackwell beat 3 men on TV to send a strong message. Morrow wants his lavish lifestyle back. Blackwell is the working stiff everybody wants to see win. Who will walk out of SuperClash a millionaire?  

"The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol vs. "The Fabulous One" Steve Keirn

Both men were in the War Games match and still had heat afterwards. Keirn put Idol out for a few weeks with a reverse DDT on the concrete. Idol returned the favor by putting Keirn out after throwing him knee first into the steel post and following up with his Las Vegas Leglock. Keirn came back by sneaking a pin on Idol after disguising himself under a mask. Both men have been at each other and hopefully this gets resolved at SuperClash. 

6-Man Elimination Match 

The Glamour Boys and Scott "Powerhouse" Putski vs. The Original Midnight Express and Phil Hickerson w/Norvell Austin 

The Glamour Boys and Highwaymen once had a long running feud across the territories. We all thought it ended in a steel cage match where the Glamour Boys were victorious and Bobby Duncum retired. Well, when Hickerson heard the Glamour Boys were in the AWA, he wanted another fight. He brought in Killer Brooks. Brooks was pinned in a cage match. However, the Midnight Express ran in the cage. Hickerson and the Midnights put a beating on the Glamour Boys. The teams have traded wins since then, with Hickerson constantly interfering. Scott Putski got involved to even things up and has battled Hickerson all over the loop. We'll see if this all ends once and for all. 

Japan's Most Wanted Match

Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Tatsumi Fujinami 

For the past year, this was one of the most dominate teams in the world. They held the AWA world titles. Won a unification match and won the NWA's Crockett Cup. They've been in Japan the last couple of months in single's action. There was a poll taken on what match the Japanese fans wanted to see. Tsuruta vs. Fujinami was voted number one. The AWA decided to grant their wish and signed the match for SuperClash. The Japanese media has been all over this and will defiantly be there for this historic match up. 

Grudge Match

Carlos Colon vs. Abbuda Iaukea w/Curtis Iaukea 

Colon and Curtis wrecked havoc on the AWA. Things turned sour when Colon told Iaukea not to interfere in his match with Jimmy Snuka. Curtis did and even berated Colon and slapped him. Colon went nuts and beat the hell out of Curtis. Colon expressed his regret to the fans and promised to redeem himself. Curtis confronted Colon. Curtis's son Abbuda came out and threw a fireball in Colon's face. During Colon's rehabilitation at home, the Iaukea's have been on a path of destruction. They've vowed to end Colon and make him suffer. Colon's been medically cleared and has been training hard. He says his redemption will happen at SuperClash. 

Taped Fist Match 

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez vs. "The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko 

Can you believe these guys were once National tag team champs? Things got crazy and violent. They've had some heated and intense matches. Perez was supposed to wrestle for the International title at SuperClash. He defeated Zbyszko by DQ after Zbyszko busted him up with his nun chucks. Perez was so pissed he forfeited his title shot for a taped fist match with Zbyszko. 

AWA TV TITLE STEEL CAGE BOUT!

Nick Busick (C) vs. Billy Jack Strong 

This has been one hard hitting feud. They've traded C.O. wins and have battled to Double C.O.s, not to mention some pull apart brawls in between. The AWA has decided to settle this by putting them in a cage! On a side note, if Busick retains the TV title at SuperClash, that'll make one full year as champion. That's an accomplishment. However, Strong says he has Busick's number and that will never happen. 

AWA National Tag Team Title Bout 

The Technicians (C) vs. Winners of the Tag Team Battle Royal 

The Technicians have been fighting champs and say they're ready for whoever wins the battle royal. 

AWA International Title Bout 

"Marvelous" Mike George (C) w/Greg Gagne vs. El Canek 

Canek had been International champ for most of the year. At Collison at the Coliseum, it was an open challenge match for the title. Mike George accepted. The match seemed to be clean and technical, until Greg Gagne interfered followed by Gama Singh hitting Canek with a lead pipe, leading George to get the upset win. Gagne made it known that he achieved his goal of making the AWA great again. Thanks to a lot of interference, George has held on to the title. After Perez forfeited his title shot, Gagne and George thought they had the night off. They thought wrong and were shocked when Canek was announced as the opponent. George told Gagne not to worry because he's marvelous and they're making the AWA great again. A week later, Canek returned and put Gama Singh out of commission. It's obvious Canek wants revenge and his title back. Will he make the fans happy and finally shut up Gagne and George? 

AWA World Tag Team Title Bout 

The Bruise Brothers (C) w/Snowman vs. WCPW Tag Champs The Road Warriors 

Jerry Jarrett wanted this match bad. He reached out to Windy City and just like that the match was signed. These are two powerhouse teams and this match is being called the colossal collision. Road Warriors say they're coming to SuperClash to once again prove their dominance in tag team wrestling. The Bruise Brothers say they're going to send them back to Chicago with their tails between their legs. 

AWA WORLD TITLE STREET FIGHT BOUT! 

Bad News Brown (C) vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler 

They had their first encounter in October, which ended in a wild double c.o. They had a big time world title rematch on TV, which ended with Lawler shattering a wooden chair over Brown's head. Brown was furious and said he would put the title on the line in a street fight. Lawler gladly accepted. The next week, from behind, Brown cracked Lawler with a baseball bat, followed by a ghetto blaster. Brown said this is what street fighting is all about. A couple weeks later, Lawler hit Brown from behind with a trashcan, followed by a piledriver. Last week both men met and had a wild brawl all around the arena. At SuperClash, anything goes for the world title! 

Celebrate New Year's Eve and be a part of the biggest party of the year, SuperClash 2! 

You have done a great job building this up.  Can't wait.  So many great matches to view.  I tried to narrow it down to my top 3 but that was so hard...

1.  Bruise Brothers vs The Road Warriors

2.  Gerry Morrow vs Crusher Blackwell

3.  Jerry Lawler vs BBB

Honorable Mentions

Al Perez vs Larry Z

Carlos Colon vs Abbie

AWA TV Special- The Clash Countdown, 12-30-87

From the Mayo Civic Center, Rochester MN 

Ken Resnick: Hello AWA fans, excitement is in the air because on New Year's Eve, the AWA will present the biggest event of the year, SuperClash 2! But first, here on TV, you're going to see our special clash countdown show. I know you're ready for action, so let's get to our first match. 

Mando Guerrero vs. 'The Calgary Flame' Bruce Hart 

The first few minutes is full of intense and aggressive technical action as each man tries to outwrestle the other. Things change when Hart cheap shots Mando during a break. Hart slams Mando and stomps away on his back. Hart grabs the top rope and drops several knees on Mando's back. Hart then applies the Boston Crab. Mando fights it as Hart wrenches away. Mando uses all his strength and reaches the ropes. Hart keeps the pressure on and finally breaks at the Ref's count of 5. Hart picks up Mando and hits a vertical suplex. Hart goes to the top rope and goes for a flying knee drop but Mando moves.

Mando uses the ropes to pull himself up and favors his back. Hart limps up as Mando clips him behind the knee. Mando grabs Hart's leg and kicks away on the knee. Mando lays Hart's knee across the rope and drops an elbow on it. Mando yanks Hart out and applies a spinning toe hold. Hart has enough and submits! The fans cheer as the Ref signals for the bell. Mando jumps up and pumps his fists to the cheering fans. 

Commercial Break

"Dynamite" DJ Peterson vs. Earthquake Ferris w/The Vin Man 

The bell rings but Vinnie is yelling insults at DJ. Vinnie pushes DJ. DJ smiles, grabs Vinnie and hoists him up. Ferris nails DJ from behind. Vinnie falls down and rolls out of the ring. Ferris pounds away on DJ, swings him to the ropes but misses a clothesline, DJ swings back and puts Ferris down with a clothesline. DJ swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Vinnie hops on the apron, DJ runs over and grabs Vinnie. Ferris staggers up as DJ throws Vinnie into Ferris. DJ climbs to the top rope. Ferris and Vinnie stagger up as DJ takes them both out with a flying shoulder block. DJ covers Ferris 1..2..3! Huge pop! DJ grabs Vinnie, swings him to the ropes and clotheslines him down. DJ picks up Ferris and bodyslams him on top of Vinnie. The fans are up and cheering as DJ celebrates. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick is standing by 2 brand new Cadillacs. 

Resnick: Fans, up next is the tag team battle royal. The winning team will each drive away in one of these Cadillacs. Wow are these nice rides or what. Not only that but the winning team will also receive a shot at the AWA National tag team titles tomorrow night at SuperClash 2. The rules are simple, a team is eliminated when both members have gone over the top rope. The stakes are high and believe me, these teams are ready and prepared. Let's go to the ring for the introductions. 

The teams get a grand entrance. One by one, they're introduced. Matt Borne and Rip Oliver, Venomous, Polynesian Power, Quebec Coalition w/Frenchy Martin, The Teamsters, The British Bombers, The Honor Roll w/Professor Bill Ash and Uncommon Alliance. 

The bell rings and the chaos begins! Fists and forearms are flying. After a few minutes, the Teamsters double headbutt Kokina but Kokina just stands there, yells, grabs the Teamsters and headbutts both of them down. Snuka and Kokina pick up the Teamsters and hurl them over the top rope.

Teamsters eliminated.

Venomous double dropkick Johnny Smith over the top rope. Dave Taylor is distracted by this and is grabbed from behind by Borne and Oliver and tossed over.

British Bombers eliminated. 

Morgan has Kirchner locked from behind as Kelly runs over with a big boot, but Kirchner gets loose and Kelly boots his partner over the top rope. Ash is livid on the outside and is yelling up at Kelly. Kokina grabs Kelly and throws him over the top rope. 

Honor Roll eliminated.

Borne, Oliver, Uncommon Alliance and Venomous run over and hurl Kokina over the top rope. 

Kokina eliminated.

On the outside, Kokina is going nuts. While Kelly and Morgan are arguing, Kokina knocks their heads together. While this is happening, Phil Lafon gets eliminated by Uncommon Alliance. Kokina picks up Lafon and swings him into the ringside steps. Kokina continues to wreck havoc. Snuka is in the ring and sees this. Kokina is now going after the ringside announcers. Snuka eliminates himself by jumping over the top rope to stop Kokina. Snuka gets in front of Kokina to calm him down. Kokina finally gets a grip. The fans gasp as Kokina grabs Snuka's hair from behind and headbutts him on the back of his head several times before dropping him. Professor Ash is still hanging around and is looking at Kokina like an idea just popped into his head. 

Phil Lafon and Jimmy Snuka eliminated. 

It's down to Borne and Oliver, Richard Charland, Venomous and Uncommon Alliance.

Jesse Barr and Richard Charland are tied up in the ropes. Borne and Oliver run over and dump them both over.

Barr and Charland eliminated.

On the outside, Frenchy hits Barr with the Quebec Flag. Charland grabs Barr and hits an inverted piledriver on the concrete! 

After a couple minutes, Medics come out and take Barr out on a stretcher. Kirchner finally sees what's going on. This distraction leads to Venomous hurling him over the top rope.

Kirchner eliminated.

It's down to Borne, Oliver and Venomous. 

Both teams regroup and have a stare down. Borne and Oliver charge and start pounding away. They swing Venomous to the ropes and put them down with stereo forearm blasts. They pick up Kat and hurl him over the top rope. They turn around and don't realize Kat is still hanging on. As they pick up Cobra, Kat flings himself back into the ring. Kat dropkicks Borne from behind and he goes sailing over the top rope. Oliver's in shock but goes after Kat. Cobra gets up and nails Oliver with a high knee from behind to send him over the top rope! 

Borne and Oliver eliminated.

Winners of the battle royal- VENOMOUS! 

boone.jpg.f9b34496579d0c9c8de00397d9ce60e1.jpgcobra.jpg.62d019d2a8dbb40b7f20875c706adb0e.jpg

Commercial Break 

Resnick: I need to catch my breath. A whole lot to take in. Kokina absolutely lost it. He was coming after myself and my fellow announcers until luckily Jimmy Snuka saved us. However, Kokina brutalized him as well. I have no idea why he snapped like that. Then, Jesse Barr is stretchered out thanks to an inverted piledriver on the concrete by Richard Charland. A truly despicable act. In the end, the team of Venomous outlast everybody to win it. They've received their Cadillac keys and I'm sure are on their way to St. Paul for their chance at the National tag titles. What a night and this was only a preview of what's in store for New Year's Eve., when the AWA presents SuperClash 2. Be There! 

Saturday, December 31st

Live on Pay Per View

Mando toughs out a bad back to extinguish the Calgary Flame.

DJ looks like a million bucks as he whoops two men in a unofficial handicap match.

The tag team battle royal is as action packed as you'd expect. Kokina did not take being eliminated well but it seems to have given Ash some inspiration. Venomous vs Technicans will make an exciting contrast in styles.

AWA presents 

Saturday, December 31st

Live on Pay Per View

From the St. Paul Civic Center, Minneapolis MN

1291228486_spcivic.jpg.5edc2fb210850d5d5135e69abca1d872.jpg

The camera pans over the jam- packed arena. Sleek SuperClash 2 banners hang from the rafters, while a cool light show goes off. Standing on top of the  SuperClash logo in the center of the ring is music sensation Joan Jett. She's announced and gets a huge ovation. The cheers are even louder after she performs her rendition of the National Anthem. She gets an even louder pop when she gives them a bonus guitar solo. 

Lance Russell is standing at ringside wearing a black tuxedo. 

Lance: Hello everybody and welcome to the biggest event of the year, SuperClash 2. I'm very excited to be a part of the AWA's first pay per view event. Talk about a historic moment. We have a tremendous night of action ahead and it's going to be one heck of a New Year's Eve party. We're not wasting any time, so let's get to the ring. 

AWA National Tag Team Title Bout 

The Technicians (C) vs. Venomous 

Venomous is shown driving up to the arena in their brand new Cadillacs. They head down the aisle wearing colorful masks and attire. Technicians look legit coming down the aisle wearing matching windbreakers over their matching singlets. They enter the ring, open their jackets and show off the titles around their waists. 

Both teams show off their talents in the first few minutes. Venomous is working a fast pace with constant tags and high octane offense. Technicians put their technical skills to good use and go deep into their pure wrestling arsenal. Venomous are all over the place with high flying dropkicks, flying presses, and impressive double team maneuvers. Technicians are more grounded as they pull out a variety of suplexes, submission holds and takedowns. 

The tide continues to go back and forth as both teams are cheered and respected by the fans. At the 12 minute mark, the Technicians are in control. Rheingans swings Cobra to the ropes, kicks him in the mid section and follows with a gut wrench suplex 1..2..Kat breaks it. Fleming runs in and nails Kat with a running forearm blast, that sends Kat back into the turnbuckles. Fleming charges but Kat back drops him over the top rope! Kat climbs to the top rope. Cobra kicks Rheingans and hits a snap suplex as Kat follows with a moonsault that electrifies the crowd. Kat covers but he isn't the legal man. Fleming runs back in the ring and applies the rear naked chokehold on Kat, but he isn't the legal man. The Ref is trying to get control. Cobra grabs Rheingans and hits a bridging back suplex as the Ref counts 1..2..3! NEW CHAMPS! 

During the next couple minutes, Cobra helps his partner as Fleming helps his. The Technicians grab the titles from the Ref and stare at them. The fans cheer as the Technicians walk over and hand the titles to Venomous, then raise their arms in victory. Venomous hug the Technicians and raise the titles high as the fans give both teams a standing ovation. What a way to kick things off.

Winners of the match and NEW AWA National Tag Team Champs- Venomous

'The Z-Man' Tom Zenk vs. 'Gentleman' Chris Adams w/Baby Doll 

Adams (wearing a shiny silver jacket) and Baby Doll are booed as they arrogantly walk down the aisle shouting insults at the fans. The fans pop as Zenk sprints down the aisle wearing shiny purple tights and knee pads. The bell rings as Zenk springboards into the ring.

Baby Doll gets out of there as Zenk explodes on Adams with punches. Zenk swings Adams to the ropes and back drops him. Adams staggers up and gets dropkicked out of the ring. Baby Doll runs over to console Adams as Zenk pumps his fists to the cheering fans. Adams gets on the apron and yells at Zenk. Zenk runs over and punches Adams, then vertical suplexes him back in the ring. Zenk swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Zenk swings Adams to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Adams kicks him. Adams catches his breath. 

Zenk staggers up as Adams dropkicks him back down. Adams picks up Zenk and gives him a hanging vertical suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Adams hurls Zenk out of the ring and argues with the Ref, which allows Baby Doll to run over and give Zenk a back rake. Adams rolls out of the ring and hurls Zenk back in. Adams goes to the top rope but spends too much time yelling at the fans. Zenk jumps up, runs over and slams Adams off the top rope. 

The fans pump Zenk up. Adams staggers up as Zenk nails him with his Superkick! The fans are up and cheering as Zenk covers 1..2..(Baby Doll reaches in and puts Adams foot on the rope) 3! Zenk jumps up and pumps his fists. But wait! The Ref sees Adams foot on the rope. Baby Doll is screaming at the Ref and pointing at Adams foot. The Ref runs over to Zenk and points at Adams foot. Zenk is arguing but the Ref is telling him the match must continue. Baby Doll gets on the apron and is yelling at Zenk. Zenk walks over, grabs Baby Doll and kisses her! The fans go wild. Zenk smiles and backs off leaving Baby Doll breathless. Zenk turns around and is nailed by a superkick from Adams! Adams falls on Zenk 1..2..3! Baby Doll pulls Adams out of the ring and the two head back up the aisle as the fans boo. 

Winner of the match- Chris Adams 

Grudge Match! 

Carlos Colon vs. Abbuda Iaukea w/Curtis Iaukea 

Thundering boos as Curtis (swinging his kendo stick) leads Abbuda (wearing a sheik headdress) down the aisle. Thundering boos turn to cheers as Colon (wearing an eyepatch) comes down the aisle with a focused look like never before. 

The bell rings but both Iaukea's are still in the ring. Curtis swings his kendo stick at Colon but Colon ducks and sends Curtis out of the ring with a right hook. Abbuda charges but Colon is all over him with punches. Colon does the wind up and punches Abbuda off his feet. Colon mercilessly stomps away on Abbuda, then ends it with a boot rake across the face. Colon picks up Abbuda and rakes his face along the top rope. Colon chokes Abbuda on the top rope and flings him back. Colon swings off the ropes but is tripped by Curtis. Colon stumbles forward, turns around and runs out of the ring to chase Curtis. Colon catches him and runs him into the steel post. In the ring, Abbuda reaches in his tights and pulls out a foreign object. Colon gets back in the ring. He picks up Abbuda but Abbuda nails him with the foreign object.

Abbuda regroups. Abbuda clamps a headlock on Colon and grinds his face with the foreign object. Abbuda takes the foreign object and grinds it into Colon's eyepatch. Colon is bleeding and screaming in pain. Abbuda picks up Colon and slams him down hard. Abbuda gets on the middle ropes and crashes down with a forearm drop on Colon's face 1..2..Kick Out. Abbuda angrily stomps away on Colon's head, picks him up, runs with him and slams his head on the turnbuckle. Abbuda puts his boot on the turnbuckle and slams Colon's head on it. Abbuda grabs Colon and headbutts him down 1..2..Kick Out. Abbuda yells and threatens the Ref. Abbuda stomps away on Colon's back, slams him down, turns him over and drops several knees on Colon's back. Abbuda does the cut sign under his throat and clamps on the camel clutch! Abbuda wrenches away as the fans cheer Colon on. Abbuda is using all his power as he wrenches back. The fans start chanting "Carlos, Carlos, Carlos" Colon begins to move his arms. Colon slowly starts to move. The cheers get louder each time Colon moves. Colon reaches deep down and starts to rise. Abbuda's in shock as Colon stands up and runs backwards into the turnbuckles, to break the hold. 

Colon starts nailing Abbuda with back elbows. Colon turns around and punches away. Colon hops on the turnbuckles and unleashes punches on Abbuda's head. Colon hops down, swings Abbuda to the ropes and flips him over with a knee to the mid section. Abbuda starts to rise but Colon sends him flying with a knee lift. The fans cheer as Colon does a cartwheel. Abbuda rises as Colon clotheslines him down. Colon swings off the ropes and nails Abbuda with a flying fist drop. Colon goes to the top rope. From out of nowhere, Curtis hits Colon with his kendo stick. Colon falls down into the ring. Curtis hops on the apron and screams for Abbuda to get up.

Abbuda slowly rises. Colon gets up and staggers back into the ropes. Curtis grabs Colon. The Ref's warning Curtis. Abbuda runs over and goes for a flying high knee but Colon moves! Abbuda sends Curtis flying off the apron. Colon rolls Abbuda up 1..2..3! Huge Pop! 

Colon reaches over and picks up the kendo stick. Abbuda is pissed and charges Colon but Colon clotheslines him down with the kendo stick. Colon hits Abbuda several times with the kendo stick. Colon grabs Abbuda and hurls him over the top rope. Colon goes out and grabs Curtis, then hurls him back in the ring. 

The fans are up and cheering as Colon relishes the moment before exploding on Curtis with kendo stick shots. Colon picks up Curtis and gives him 3 backbreakers. Thundering cheers as Colon clamps on the camel clutch! Colon wrenches away as Curtis screams in pain before passing out. A bloody Colon stands up and looks around at the cheering fans. Redemption! 

Winner of the Match- Carlos Colon 

Japan's Most Wanted Match! 

Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Tatsumi Fujinami 

The Japanese media surround the ring taking pictures. Jumbo and Tatsumi are in their corners, and each are handed flowers by Geishas as streamers come down. It's a stunning spectacle. 

The bell rings and both men respectfully nod to each other. The first few minutes is clean but tough. They trade moves, chops and some hard hits with neither getting a decisive advantage. Jumbo goes for a belly to back suplex but Tatsumi reverses it and hits a belly to back suplex on Jumbo. Tatsumi follows with a rib breaker, then swings Jumbo to the ropes and applies the Abdominal stretch. Tatsumi works it but Jumbo is finally able to hip toss Tatsumi over. Tatsumi gets up, quickly grabs Jumbo and hits an incredible belly to back suplex backbreaker 1..2..Kick Out. Tatsumi follows with a bridging German suplex 1..2..Jumbo gets his shoulder up. As Jumbo tries to stand, Tatsumi hits a backslide 1..2..Kick Out. Tatsumi swings Jumbo to the ropes and goes for a dropkick but Jumbo holds on to the ropes as Tatsumi falls down. Tatsumi rises as Jumbo puts him down with a running big boot! 

Jumbo clears the cobwebs. Tatsumi slowly staggers up as Jumbo puts him down with a lariat 1..2..Kick Out. Jumbo follows with a double underhook suplex followed by an overhead German suplex followed by a gut wrench suplex 1..2..Tatsumi barley gets his shoulder up. Jumbo swings Tatsumi to the ropes and applies the sleeper! Tatsumi is flailing and hits a jawbreaker to get out of it. 

Both men are reeling. As they rise, Tatsumi hits a flying press 1..2..Kick Out. Jumbo staggers up as Tatsumi puts him down with a standing dropkick. Tatsumi picks him up and goes for a vertical suplex but Jumbo blocks it and suplexes Tatsumi over. 

Both men rise as Jumbo grabs Tatsumi and hits a belly to back waist lock suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Jumbo picks up Tatsumi, chops him several times, swings him to the ropes and applies an Abdominal stretch/brain claw combo. Tatsumi fights it hard and both men end up falling through the ropes to the outside. The Ref starts the count and the fans cheer when both men make it back at the count of 9. 

Jumbo swings Tatsumi into the corner and charges in but Tatsumi runs forward and nails Jumbo with a knee strike. Tatsumi staggers up, grabs Jumbo and executes a double underhook DDT 1..2..Jumbo gets his foot on the ropes. Tatsumi picks up Jumbo and chops him into the corner. Tatsumi hops up on the turnbuckles and monkey flips Jumbo. As Jumbo rises, Tatsumi grabs him and hits a full nelson slam 1..2..Jumbo somehow raises his shoulder. Tatsumi has a look of surprise. Tatsumi picks up Jumbo and clamps on the Dragon Sleeper! Jumbo's flailing. Jumbo goes down to a knee but uses all his power to quickly rise and mule kick Tatsumi to break the hold. Jumbo grabs the ropes to catch his breath. 

As Tatsumi rises, Jumbo executes a running neckbreaker drop. Jumbo hoists Tatsumi on the turnbuckles. Jumbo hops up and absolutely astonishes the crowd with a brainbuster from the top rope! The Ref counts 1..2..Tatsumi gets his foot on the rope. Jumbo can't believe it. Jumbo gets up. Tatsumi is staggering and falls back down. Jumbo picks him up and hits a high angle belly to back suplex 1..2..3! What a match! The fans give a standing ovation. The flashes from the Japanese media light up the arena as Jumbo raises his arm in victory. 

Winner of the Match- Jumbo Tsuruta 

Nikita Koloff vs. The Dream Machine 

Dream Machine walks down the aisle shuffling and throwing air jabs. He looks in the camera and says "I run this show babbay!" He gets in the ring and does some ridiculous dance and boxing moves. Nikita walks down the aisle just staring daggers up at Dream Machine. 

The bell rings and Dream Machine walks up to Nikita and starts verbally going off on him. Dream gives an 'I'm the man' pose with his arms out. The fans roar as Nikita pushes Dream down! Dream angrily rises as Nikita swings off the ropes and puts him down with the Russian Sickle 1..2..3!!!!! Massive POP! Nikita really works the crowd as they cheer him on. WOW! After a few minutes, Dream Machine is helped out and falls down several times on his way up the aisle. 

Winner of the match- Nikita Koloff 

The Million Dollar Match! 

Crusher Blackwell vs. 'Champagne' Gerry Morrow

All the AWA sponsors who contributed to this match are in the ring. Jerry Jarrett announces each representative, then holds up the check for one million dollars. Blackwell walks down the aisle smiling as the fans chant "Future Millionaire" Blackwell gets in the ring and pumps his fists to their chants. Jarrett shows him the check and shakes his hand. Boos as Brenda Britton walks into the ring and takes the mic from the announcer.

"Hi everybody! There's only one person worthy enough to make this announcement and it's me! Introducing the man who has the greatest comeback story in history, I'm talking about the soon to be, once again millionaire, the one and only, the great champagne Gerry Morrow!"

George Wells and Carl Fergie step out in black tuxedos. They look around, smile and motion behind them. Ring attendants come out and roll down a red carpet. Wells and Fergie open the curtain. Morrow steps out smiling and wearing a white tuxedo, white fedora hat and sunglasses. He holds up a bottle of champagne as the fans boo. Wells and Fergie bow and go to the back. Morrow confidently walks down the aisle. He steps in the ring and hands Brenda the bottle of champagne and kisses her hand. Brenda hugs Gerry and takes a seat at ringside. Jarrett shows Morrow the check and offers a handshake but Morrow scoffs at him. Jarrett holds up the check to the fans and takes a seat. 

The bell rings as Morrow slowly takes off his apparel. He's wearing a black singlet with glitter green dollar signs everywhere. He arrogantly walks over to Blackwell, looks him up and down and shakes his head in disbelief. They lock up and Blackwell rears back and throws Morrow across the ring. Morrow bounces back and sits against the turnbuckles as Brenda shouts encouragement. Morrow regroups. They lock up and Morrow clamps on a headlock. Blackwell pushes him to the ropes and sends him through the ropes with a shoulder block. Morrow staggers all over and almost falls over the guardrail. Brenda tells him to relax. Morrow gets on the apron as Blackwell grabs him and flings him back in the ring. Morrow staggers up and points his finger in Blackwell's face. Blackwell pulls Morrow in, hoists him on his shoulders and gives him an airplane spin. The fans are cheering as Blackwell stops and puts him down with a Samoan Drop 1..2..Morrow gets his foot on the rope as Brenda almost has a nervous breakdown. Blackwell picks up Morrow and swings him into the corner. During the momentum, Morrow "collides" with the Ref and holds on to him. Blackwell charges in for the avalanche as Morrow yanks the Ref in front. Blackwell avalanches the Ref and Morrow! 

The Ref falls down and out of the ring. Blackwell grabs Morrow and powerslams him over. Blackwell has Morrow covered for several seconds. Blackwell gets up and goes out to help the Ref. Blackwell looks over at Jarrett. Jarrett has a look of concern and runs to the back. 

Boos as Wells and Fergie rush out and attack Blackwell. They hurl him back in the ring. They swing Blackwell to the ropes and go for a double clothesline but Blackwell ducks, swings back and clotheslines them both down. Blackwell picks up Wells and swings him into the corner. Blackwell picks up Fergie and swings him into Wells. Blackwell charges and avalanches both men! Blackwell slams each man down. The fans are going nuts as Blackwell splashes both men! 

A frantic Brenda runs up and yells at Gerry. She rolls the bottle of champagne to him. Morrow reaches over and grabs it. Morrow slowly staggers up. Blackwell gets up and turns around as Morrow shatters the champagne bottle over his head. Morrow drops down on Blackwell. Another Ref runs in and counts 1..2..3! NO WAY! 

Brenda is going bonkers, jumping up and down. She runs over and snatches the check. She gets in the ring and helps Morrow up. She hands him the check and can't stop hugging him. Morrow looks at the check and continues hugging Brenda. Medics come out and stretcher Wells and Fergie out. Brenda and Morrow walk with them up the aisle. Morrow stops, turns around and kisses the check as the fans throw garbage at him and boo. Blackwell is helped up. Jarrett is attending to him. The fans cheer him on. They know he was robbed big time. 

Winner of the Match and one million dollars richer- Gerry Morrow 

STEEL CAGE AWA TV TITLE BOUT! 

Nick Busick (C) vs. Billy Jack Strong 

The fans are given a rock n roll lightshow as the cage gets set up. The wrestlers get announced as they come down the aisle. Strong looks like a beast as water drips from his hair and his muscles are pumped up and flexing. He yanks the door open and enters the cage with no fear. Huge pop as Busick walks down the aisle in black trunks, black boots and black knee pads. His title is wrapped around his waist and brother he looks the part. He walks up the steps, holds his title high and hands it to the timekeeper. He steps in and the door closes behind him. The bell rings and it's on! 

The cage rattles as these guys have a furious punching exchange. They fight all around the cage. Strong tackles Busick and punches, Busick flips him over and punches. They roll over several times with fists flying. They stand up and continue fighting. Busick swings Strong to the ropes and back drops him into the cage. Strong staggers up and gets back into the ring as Busick charges, but Strong moves and Busick goes between the ropes and head first into the cage! 

Strong pulls Busick out, picks him up and slams his head several times into the cage. Busick's bleeding. Strong grabs Busick and sends him flying with an overhead back suplex. Strong gets on the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Strong grabs Busick and runs towards the cage but Busick reverses things and throws Strong's body over the ropes and into the cage! 

Busick regroups. Busick picks up Strong and javelins him face first into the cage. Now Strong is bleeding. Busick pulls Strong out, swings him to the ropes and clotheslines him down. Busick hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Kick Out. Busick reaches down but Strong low blows him! Busick falls over as Strong regroups. 

Strong stomps down on Busick, picks him up and throws him shoulder first into the cage. Strong grinds Busick's bloody head into the cage, pulls him out, hoists him up and delivers a shoulder breaker 1..2..Busick barely gets his arm up. Strong yells at the Ref. Strong picks up Busick and tosses him shoulder first into the cage. Strong angrily slams Busick's head multiple times into the cage before hoisting him up and hitting another shoulder breaker. Strong picks up Busick and tries throwing him shoulder first into the cage but Busick swings him around and throws Strong into the cage! 

Busick is down and favoring his shoulder. Strong slowly gets up. Busick stands up, charges and puts Strong down with a spere. Both men are laying side by side and bleeding bad. Busick continues favoring his shoulder. Both men slowly get to their knees and start trading punches. They hang onto each other as they rise and continue trading punches. They're both bloodied, bruised and drained. They each throw a haymaker and knock each other out. Both men are down as the Ref starts a 10 count. 

The Ref gets to 7 and both men move. 8..9..both men are up. Strong charges Busick and Busick grabs him and hits the Spinebuster Slam! Strong is down with Busick on top 1..2..3! Mega Pop! Busick rolls over holding his shoulder. Strong looks like he was run over by a truck. Both men will feel the effects from this match for a long time. 

The fans give a standing ovation when it's announced that Nick Busick has successfully defended the AWA TV title for one full year. 

Winner of the Match and still AWA TV Champ- Nick Busick 

INTERMISSION 

During Intermission we get a behind the scenes look at all the hard work that was put into making SuperClash 2, an amazing event. 

Lance Russell: What a tremendous show so far. New National Tag champs. Colon's redemption, an instant classic between Tsuruta and Fujinami. Nick Busick retains in a brutal way and celebrates one year as champ. And of course, Gerry Morrow is once again a millionaire. Well, we've got a lot more action, so lets get to it. 

6-Man Elimination Match 

The Glamour Boys and Scott 'Powerhouse' Putski vs. The Original Midnight Express and Phil Hickerson w/Norvell Austin 

Norvell leads his men down the aisle. The Midnights are wearing glitter gold and black vests. Phil is paying homage to his Highwaymen days by wearing a black cowboy hat and duster. They soak in the boos as they enter the ring. Cheers (especially from the females) as the Glamour Boys and Putski show their unity by wearing matching red vests and bow ties. They slap hands with fans all the way down the aisle. 

Once they enter the ring, it's on! Norvell bails as all 6 men go at it! The Glamour Boys and Putski swing the Midnights and Phil to the ropes and send them all flying out of the ring with triple dropkicks! Norvell tries to calm his men down as Putski and the Glamour Boys celebrate with the crowd. 

Things finally settle down. Putski and the Glamour Boys are in total synch as they take turns working the Midnights and Phil over. Putski swings Phil to the ropes and hits a powerslam 1..2..the Midnights break it. Glamour Boys are all over them. After all the chaos, Putski is able to roll over and tag in Doll as Phil tags in Rose. Doll is on fire until he gets a kick in the back from Condrey on the apron. 

You have to hand it to the Midnights, they are true tag team specialists. They have pure chemistry as they work Doll over. They culminate this with a double flap jack but luckily Putski breaks it. Once again, chaos! Putski and Phil are going at it hard. Simpson's on a dropkick terror as he puts the Midnights down. After all this, Doll is finally able to tag in Simpson. Simpson takes turns on the Midnights and Phil until Norvell is able to get a shot in on Simpson, which allows the Midnights to hit a double vertical suplex. 

It's Simpson's turn to take a beating and that's exactly what the Midnights and Phil give him. Phil relishes every moment of this. Phil hoists Simpson up and drops him with a brain buster! Phil tags in Rose. Condrey hops on the middle ropes. Rose lifts Simpson up for a suplex and hands him to Condrey as Condrey drops down with him for a Midnight Bomb 1..2..Pustki drops an elbow on Condrey. Doll runs over and dropkicks Rose out of the ring. Yet again, chaos! Give the Ref a raise because he once again gets order. 

It doesn't last long because tempers flare when Norvell interferes again by hitting Putski. The Glamour Boys spring over the top rope and attack. It's another wild pier six brawl. Putski and Phil fight through the ropes. The Midnights take control and swing the Glamour Boys to the ropes and go for stereo back drops but the Glamour Boys hit stereo sunset flips 1..2..3!!!! Big POP! 

The Original Midnight Express are eliminated.

Norvell quickly escorts his team out of there. 

Putski hurls Phil back into the ring. Phil staggers up and looks around. The Ref tells him what just happened. Phil is losing it as the fans cheer and laugh. Phil tries to run out of there but Putski and the Glamour Boys grab him. Putski punches Phil into Doll, who punches him into Simpson, who punches him back to Putski as Putski drops him with a punch. Putski and the Glamour Boys make a signal to the crowd. Putski picks up Phil, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with the Polish Hammer! Putski holds up a lifeless Phil, as Simpson nails him with a missile dropkick. Doll wraps things up with a splash from the top rope 1..2..3! The fans are up and screaming with joy. Putski and the Glamour Boys stand tall and hold each others arms up in victory as Phil Hickerson lays lifelessly in front of them. 

Winners of the Match- The Glamour Boys and Scott Putski

Taped Fist Match! 

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez vs. 'The Living Legend' Larry Zbyszko 

In an irritating way that only Larry can do, he arrogantly walks down the aisle with taped fists and holding his nun chucks. He gets in the ring and gives the fans a nun chuck display, which they didn't ask for. The irritation goes away when Perez makes his way down the aisle. He's clenching his taped fists the entire time. 

The bell rings but Larry swings his nun chucks towards Perez with an annoying smirk. The Ref is finally able to take the nun chucks, which wipes the smirk off Larry's face. Larry fly's out of the ring and plays his stalling game. Larry makes a huge mistake while arguing with several fans. He backs up to close to the ring. Perez reaches down, grabs Larry by the hair and pulls him up on the apron. Perez swings Larry around and drops him with a taped fist punch. Perez picks up Larry and suplexes him back in the ring. Perez puts his knee on Larry's chest, pulls Larry's head up and unloads with punches to his face. Perez swings Larry to the ropes and drops him with a punch. Larry staggers up. spins around and falls back down. Larry rolls out of the ring and to the ground. Perez goes to the apron. Larry rises as Perez nails him with a double axehandle. Perez picks Larry up but Larry gives him a spin kick to the gut. Larry falls back down and regroups.

Larry rolls in the ring to stop the Ref's count, then rolls back out. Larry grabs Perez and slams his head on the guard rail. Larry clamps on a headlock and punches Perez several times on the top of his head. Larry picks Perez up and drops him down on the guard rail. Larry hurls Perez back in the ring. Larry gets in the ring and holds his taped fist high. Perez staggers up as Larry drops him with a punch. Larry picks up Perez, clamps on another headlock and punches away. Perez falls down and Larry covers 1..2..Kick Out. Larry picks up Perez and vertical suplexes him. Larry swings off the ropes and hits a delayed knee drop 1..2.. Kick Out. Larry berates the Ref. Larry swings Perez into the corner and charges in but Perez moves as Larry goes into the turnbuckles upside down. Larry's hanging upside down as Perez gains his senses. 

Perez hears the cheers and goes over to the upside down Larry and bombards him with kicks. Larry slowly crumbles down. Perez grabs the top rope and drops several knees. Perez holds Larry up in the corner and blasts him with taped fist punches. Larry's bleeding. Perez swings Larry to the opposite corner and charges in but Larry just collapses as Perez hits the corner hard. 

Larry rolls out of the ring and finds his nun chucks. Larry gets back in the ring. The Ref is warning him. Larry starts yelling at the Ref. Perez sneaks up and rolls Larry over (The nun chucks go flying) 1..2..Kick Out. Both men rise as Larry hits Perez with a mule kick and follows with a spinning neckbreaker 1..2..Perez gets his foot on the ropes. An irate Larry starts punching away on Perez's head. Now Perez is bleeding. Larry picks up Perez and tries for a sleeper but Perez mule kicks him and follows with a spinning neckbreaker of his own 1..2..Larry gets his foot on the rope. 

Both men are beaten up pretty bad. They start to rise and Larry grabs Perez's tights and hurls him out of the ring. Larry clears the cobwebs and sees his nun chucks. He picks them up. Perez gets on the apron. Larry turns around as Perez slingshots into the ring and clotheslines Larry. Perez gets up and sees the nun chucks. He picks them up and raises them to the cheering fans. The Ref is warning him. Perez tosses the nun chucks. Larry staggers up and Perez unloads with taped fist punches. Larry is knocked out and against the ropes. Perez grabs him, hoists him up and hits the helicopter drop 1..2..3! Big Pop! Perez gets up and raises his bloodied taped fists up in pure elation. 

Winner of the Match- Al Perez 

'The Fabulous One' Steve Keirn vs. 'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol 

Idol struts out and stops. He points over as a curtain opens. Joan Jett and the Blackhearts are on a stage. Idol gives her the cue. Idol's theme song 'Do you wanna touch me' blasts out. Idol bobs his head as he walks down the aisle to his theme song being played live. Way to cool. Idol walks around the ring showing how cool he is. The song stops. Keirn comes out and gives Idol a nod, then turns to Joan Jett and gives her a cue. 'I love rock n roll' blasts as Keirn happily makes his way down the aisle. The fans are rocking out and loving this special performance by Joan Jett. Idol is throwing a tantrum. 

The bell rings and Idol nails Keirn with a running forearm blast. Idol grabs the top rope and stomps away on Keirn. Idol chokes Keirn on the bottom rope, quickly goes to the outside and slaps Keirn across the face. Idol pulls Keirn to the outside and slams his head on the apron. Idol grabs Keirn by his hair and runs towards the steel post, slamming him into it. Keirn's already bleeding. Idol hurls Keirn back into the ring. Idol slams Keirn down, swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Idol swings Keirn into the corner and charges in but Keirn back drops Idol to the outside! Keirn takes a moment. 

Keirn goes to the apron. Idol finally staggers up as Keirn nails him with a diving clothesline. Keirn grabs Idol by his hair and runs him face first into the steel post. Now Idol is bleeding. Keirn hurls Idol back in the ring. Keirn grabs Idol and slams his head 10 times on the top turnbuckle as the fans count along. Keirn then slams his head 10 times on the middle turnbuckle followed by 10 times on the bottom turnbuckle! Idol just falls face down on the canvas. Keirn picks up Idol and suplexes him 1..2..Idol barely gets his shoulder up. Keirn picks up Idol but Idol rakes his eyes and hurls him to the outside giving Idol a much needed rest.

Keirn gets up on the apron. Idol runs over and snaps his head on the top rope. Keirn falls to the apron. Idol drags Keirn back in the ring. Idol stomps away on Keirn's knee, then hoists him up and hits a knee breaker. Idol twirls his finger and applies the Las Vegas Leglock. Keirn fights it and finally is able to reach the ropes. Idol is furious. He picks Keirn up, swings him to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Keirn swings back and clotheslines Idol down. 

Keirn limps around and shakes it off. Keirn picks up Idol, swings him to the ropes and hits a swinging sidewalk slam. Keirn goes to the top rope as the fans cheer. Keirn crashes down with a flying elbow drop 1..2..Somehow Idol manages to raise his shoulder. Keirn is surprised. Keirn swings Idol into the corner, hops up on the turnbuckles and starts pounding away on Idol but Idol grabs him and drops him with another knee breaker. 

Idol is dazed and confused. He rolls out of the ring and pulls Keirn towards him. He slams Keirn's leg several times into the steel post. Idol gets back in the ring, picks Keirn up and hits another knee breaker. Idol clamps on the Las Vegas Leglock. The Ref watches as Keirn fights for as long as he can until he passes out. The Ref signals for the bell. Idol slowly stands up and looks down at Keirn, gives a slight nod and simply walks away. 

Winner of the Match- Austin Idol 

AWA International Title Bout 

'Marvelous' Mike George (C) w/Greg Gagne vs. El Canek 

Truly an international event, media from Mexico surround the ring as Canek makes his entrance. Canek's sporting a new colorful mask as well as a colorful cape. The flashes go off as Canek enters the ring. Thundering boos as Gagne leads George to the ring. Gagne's wearing a 70s style tracksuit while George is wearing a yellow boxing robe with 'Marvelous' written on the back in black letters. Gagne and George enter the ring. Gagne takes off George's robe as George smiles and arrogantly shows off his title to the Mexican media. Gagne grabs the mic

"You know, I think it's a class act that the Mexican Media came all the way here to pay respects to the Marvelous one. You sent in your best man and my best man destroyed him. And guess what? You're going to see him do it again with your own eyes!" 

Gagne does a rude mic drop 

The bell rings but Gagne just wont leave. For some reason him and George are arguing with the Ref. George and Gagne turn around as Canek clotheslines them both down. The fans go wild as Canek presses Gagne over his head and simply tosses him to the outside. However, this allows George to nail Canek with a forearm blast to the back of Canek's head. George picks up Canek and atomic drops him into the turnbuckles. Canek hits hard and stumbles back into a back suplex 1..2..Kick Out. George hits a backbreaker, followed by a standing knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. George picks up Canek and goes for a suplex but Canek blocks it and gives George a high vertical suplex. 

Canek swings George into the corner and follows with a running clothesline. Canek swings George into the opposite corner and follows with another running clothesline. Canek grabs George and gives him a snap suplex followed by a standing leg drop 1..2..Kick Out. Canek rolls George over and clamps on the Bow and Arrow! The fans are up and cheering. Gagne manages to pull himself up to the apron and distract the Ref. Canek releases the hold. Canek walks over as Gagne tells the Ref to keep him back. George rolls over, wobbles up and sends Canek out of the ring with a high knee.

George distracts the Ref as Gagne grabs a cable and chokes Canek with it. George rests as Canek finally gets on the apron. George grabs Canek's head, runs with him and slams it into the top turnbuckle. Canek grabs the ropes but George swings off the opposite ropes and sends Canek flying with a boot to the head. Canek's on the ground. Gagne is still hurting but manages to walk by and kick Canek's head. George body slams Canek on the concrete. The fans are livid when Gagne drops down and tries to pull the mask off Canek. Canek goes nuts and hits Gagne but George stomps down on Canek. Gagne starts yelling at the Ref. George grabs his International title and whacks it across Canek's head. George hurls Canek back in the ring. Gagne smiles and tells George to finish him off. George winks and nods. George picks up Canek and hits his Russian Leg Sweep 1..2..Canek kicks out! The fans cheer him on. Gagne and George are throwing fits. George is so pissed he starts to unmask Canek. Bad move!

Canek starts pounding away on George, swings him to the ropes and hits him with a beautiful looking spinning leg lariat! Canek goes on a slamming and suplex rampage, just annihilating George. Gagne gets on the apron but Canek yanks him in and gives him a Gorilla Press Drop! Massive cheers! Canek slams George down, then goes to the top rope and crashes down with a flying leg drop 1..2..3!!! NEW CHAMP! El Canek has regained the International title! 

Canek picks up the lifeless Gagne and executes his Argentine Backbreaker Rack! The fans are going nuts watching Gagne's lifeless body flopping around in the air. Canek just drops him. The Ref hands Canek the International title. The Mexican Media is having a great time taking pictures and celebrating. 

Winner of the Match and once again AWA International champ- El Canek 

AWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE BOUT! 

The Bruise Brothers (C) w/Snowman vs. The WCPW Tag Champs The Road Warriors 

The crowd gives a tremendous pop as 'Iron Man' blasts over the speakers. The Road Warriors head down the aisle in full makeup and spiked shoulder pads with the WCPW tag belts shinning bright around their waists. They enter the ring with force and presence while totally working the crowd. 'Ball of Confusion' blasts over the speakers as The Bruise Brothers confidently walk down the aisle. These guys are bad and intimidating and full of confidence. All three look even more intimidating wearing Durags. They get in the ring and hold their titles proudly in front of the Road Warriors. The Road Warriors walk over and stare them down. 

The bell rings but the intense stare down continues as the fans cheer in anticipation for this colossal collision. The Ref gets the titles but Snowman yanks them from him and exits the ring. The stare down turns into a shoving match, and then the fans are up and screaming when a full on brawl breaks out! All 4 men go at it with sheer intensity. Bruise Brothers get the upper hand and swing the Warriors to the ropes but miss clotheslines, the Warriors swing back and take both Bruise Brothers down with flying shoulder blocks. Bruise Brothers stagger up as the Warriors stereo clothesline them over the top rope. Warriors work the crowd as Snowman helps regroup his partners. 

Things settle down as Atlas gets in there with Hawk. Atlas takes a swing but Hawk blocks it and pounds away, then presses Atlas over his head! Cameron charges in but Hawk throws Atlas into him. Cameron rolls to the outside. Hawk swings Atlas to the ropes, kicks him in the gut and slams him down. Hawk tags in Animal. They swing Atlas to the ropes and double clothesline him. Cameron runs in and gets double clotheslined. Animal swings Atlas to the ropes and back drops him. Atlas staggers up as Animal barrels him over with a running shoulder block. Atlas bounces back and tags in Cameron. Cameron tries to kick Animal but Animal grabs his leg, spins him around, presses him over his head and slams him down! Animal tags in Hawk. Hawk picks up and Cameron, slams him down, swings off the ropes and hits a flying fist drop 1..2..Atlas breaks it. Animal runs in and punches Atlas back. The Ref guides Animal back. Hawk presses Cameron over his head but Atlas runs in and clips Hawk behind the knee. Hawk crumbles down as Cameron slowly rolls over and tags in Atlas.

Atlas body slams Hawk and stomps away. He picks up Hawk, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a flying one legged karate kick 1..2..Kick Out. Atlas works Hawk over with power moves and tags in Cameron. They swing Hawk to the ropes and put him down with a double back elbow smash. Cameron swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Cameron swings Hawk into the corner. Snowman runs over and holds Hawk's leg as Cameron punches away. Animal runs in but the Ref guides him back. All 3 Bruise Brothers pound on Hawk. Cameron hoists Hawk up and vertical suplexes him 1..2..Kick Out. Cameron swings Hawk to the ropes but Hawk leaps in the air and puts him down with a diving clothesline! Hawk rolls over and tags in Animal as Cameron tags in Atlas. 

Atlas and Animal have a furious exchange. Animal gets control, swings Atlas to the ropes and powerslams him over 1..2..Cameron breaks it. Animal grabs Cameron and Atlas and knocks their heads together. Animal picks up Atlas and back suplexes him 1..2..Cameron kicks him. Hawk runs in and punches Cameron but the Ref guides him back. Animal picks up Atlas but Cameron clotheslines Animal from behind. The Bruise Brothers double slam Animal. Cameron tags in. Cameron swings Animal to the ropes and hits a jumping back elbow smash 1..2..Hawk breaks it. Atlas runs in but Hawk kicks him and slams him down. The Warriors swing Cameron to the ropes and double clothesline him down. They pick up Cameron and double slam him down. Animal officially tags in Hawk.

Hawk is all over Cameron, stands him up and drops him with a standing dropkick. Hawk presses Cameron over his head. Atlas runs in but Animal takes him out with a flying tackle. Hawk slams Cameron down. Atlas hobbles up as the Warriors double clothesline him over the top rope. The Road Warriors make the signal. The fans go wild. Animal hoists Cameron up on his shoulders. Hawk goes to the top rope. The Road Warriors hit the Doomsday Device! Hawk covers 1..2..NO! Snowman runs in and hits Hawk causing a cheap DQ. The fans are booing big time as the bell rings. The Road Warriors are pissed! Snowman tries to get Cameron out of there. The Road Warriors start pounding away on Snowman. Hawk goes to the top once again. Animal hoists Snowman up and they hit the Doomsday Device! The Road Warriors stand up and signal 'one more' the fans are roaring. Animal hoists a lifeless Snowman on his shoulders. Snowman is in a complete daze as Hawk hits the flying clothesline! The Road Warriors don't get the AWA world titles but they're standing tall in St. Paul.

Winners of the Match by DQ- The Road Warriors, however the titles do not change hands. 

Lance: My goodness, clearly the fans wanted a title change but I think they got a pretty good consolation. No doubt about it, SuperClash 2 will go down as one of the greatest wrestling events ever. El Canek has regained the International title. Al Perez might have finally shut Larry Zbyszko up. Joan Jett gave us one heck of a show and the Glamour Boys have finally put Phil Hickerson behind them. Well fans, our world title street fight is next so batten down the hatches. 

AWA WORLD TITLE STREET FIGHT! 

Bad News Brown (C) vs. Jerry 'The King' Lawler 

The lights flicker and the fans get another rock n roll light show. The overture from Rocky plays. The fans have been through a lot tonight but Lawler recharges them with his entrance. He comes out riding a white horse. Lawler's wearing his King's crown, cape and his singlet under his jeans. He rides down the aisle, gets off his horse and raises his crown to the cheering fans. Everything stops as Bad News Brown walks down the aisle. No music, no lights, just business. He's wearing black jeans, black boots, black gloves and no shirt, with the title around his waist. He's punching his fist into his hand as he looks up at Lawler. The introductions are made. Anything goes for the AWA world title. 

The bell rings and the crowd is electric. No holds barred as Brown and Lawler pound away on each other. They brawl all around the ring and to the outside. They fight up and down the aisle and over the guard rail into the crowd. The fans give them room as they tear into each other. Brown gets the upper hand and hurls Lawler over the guard rail. Brown swings Lawler into the guard rail. Brown picks up Lawler and slams his head on top of the announcer's table. Brown hurls Lawler on the announce table. Brown hops up. My goodness! He's going to piledrive Lawler through the table. Brown goes for it, but Lawler fights it and back drops Brown on the concrete! Lawler regroups.

Lawler grabs the ringside bell. Brown finally staggers up as Lawler jumps off the table and nails Brown's head with the bell! Lawler hurls a now bloody Brown into the ring. Lawler gets in the ring, picks up Brown and slams him down. Lawler goes to the top rope. He wants to finish things off. Lawler goes for his fist drop but Brown moves. Lawler crashes hard.

Brown rolls out of the ring to regroup. Lawler favors his hand as he gets up. Brown grabs a chair. Lawler goes out after Brown but Brown kicks Lawler and hits Lawler's back with the chair. Brown stomps down on Lawler's hurt hand, then hits Lawler's hand with the chair. Brown measures Lawler. Lawler starts to rise as Brown whacks the chair over his head! Now Lawler is bleeding bad. Lawler staggers up and falls against the steel post. Brown smiles and charges in. Out of instinct, Lawler moves as Brown crashes into the steel steps. Both men are laid out and a bloody mess.

After a minute, they start to move. Lawler grabs Brown and slams his head on the steel steps. Lawler staggers around and hurls Brown back in the ring. Lawler goes in. Lawler picks up Brown and vertical suplexes him. Lawler goes to the top rope and waits. Brown wobbles around and stands up as Lawler crashes down with a double axehandle 1..2..Brown gets his shoulder up. Lawler pulls Brown up but Brown rakes his eyes and hits a DDT. Brown's still out of it and can't roll Lawler over. 

Finally, Brown rolls Lawler over 1..2..Lawler barely gets his shoulder up. Lawler rolls over towards the apron. Brown gets up, runs over and baseball slides Lawler out of the ring. Brown goes to the apron and waits. Lawler staggers up as Brown nails him with a double axehandle. Brown grabs a piece of wood and carves into Lawler's bloody face. Brown hurls Lawler back in the ring. Brown swings Lawler into the corner and follows with a running shoulder thrust. Brown just starts pounding away on Lawler with closed fists. The fans fire Lawler up. Brown hits him but Lawler starts to fire up. Lawler takes each hit while clenching his fists. Lawler starts shaking, then starts firing back. 

Lawler starts unloading on Brown with classic Memphis punches. The fans roar as Lawler pulls his strap down! Lawler yells at Brown and continues to unload. Lawler punches Brown over the top rope. Lawler goes to the outside. Lawler picks up a trashcan. Brown staggers up as Lawler smashes the trashcan over his head! Lawler hurls Brown into the ring. Lawler throws the trashcan into the ring. Lawler gets in there, hoists Brown up and piledrives him on the trashcan! Lawler clenches his hurt fist but says the heck with it and goes to the top rope. Lawler bounces up and down, but looks around when he hears boos.

Baby Doll is at ringside yelling up at Lawler. Lawler hops down and warns Baby Doll. Look out! From behind, Chris Adams superkicks the back of Lawler's head! Baby Doll smiles and leads Adams out. The fans are in riot mode. 

Lawler is down and out. Brown slowly moves around and rises. Brown hurls Lawler out of the ring. Brown slowly goes to the outside. Brown slams Lawler on top of the announcer's table. Brown hops up. Brown gives the crowd a cocky look, then hoists Lawler up and piledrives him through the table!!!! Silence falls over the arena. Everybody is in complete shock. Brown stands up and drags Lawler to the center of the ring. Brown stands Lawler up and puts him down with the ghetto blaster! Brown drops down and covers 1..2..3!!!! 

Lawler is unconscious. Brown grabs the world title from the Ref. The final image of SuperClash 2 is a bloody Bad News Brown holding up his fist and the AWA world title. 

Winner of the Match and STILL AWA World Champ- Bad News Brown

Thank you all for being a part of SuperClash 2. Happy New Year from the AWA! 

Venomous follow their big win in the battle royal by becoming the new National Tag Team Champions. The Technicians are a class act as they congratulate the new champs.

Baby Doll coming in clutch to help Adams win the battle of the Superkicks.

Colon stands triumphant after a bloody battle, perhaps finally closing the Iaukea chapter of his career at last.

The clash of the former World Tag Team Champions ends with Jumbo winning a show stealing match.

Nikita one-shotting Dream Machine was the best possible outcome. That selling was world class.

Morrow resumes his rightful place as a millionaire via the power of a champagne bottle to the head friendship!

After a gruelling cage match, Busick can officially celebrate a full year as TV champion.

Putski and the Glamour Boys pulling the clean sweep is just the thing to get the crowd back after the intermission.

Perez & Zbyszko beat the tar outta each other with the Latin Hearthrob getting his well-deserved payback.

Cool touch as Jett plays both Idol & Keirn to the ring. Idol gets the win but Keirn seems to have earned some respect.

Canek overcomes two men in route to getting his International title back.

The Road Warriors may not have won the gold but they left all the Bruise Brothers laying. That definitely counts as a win in my book.

Brown retains because Adams & Baby Doll screw over the King. I hope Jarrett had enough security for the two of them to get out safe.

The AWA sends 87 out with a absolute bang.

Superclash was so well planned and I was really excited to read your most important show and it met all expectations.  Great job.  I think you also deserve a lot of credit for painting a very clear picture in your match descriptions.  THis is something I struggle with and usually just take for granted my readers can imagine what the match looked like as I just give the finish.  You did so much more and it took a lot of work.  Awesome job.

If you asked me, it might be worth it take a superkick from Chris Adams to get a kiss in on Baby Doll.... Zenk might be ok with this loss. 

I had a feeling Colon was going over Iaukea.  You have done so much with Colon and you have shown how great he truly was.  To me, he was a lot like Flair or Lawler in that he could pull off any type of match.  

To the most predictable match on the card... Nikita is on his way!

To one match I had no idea which was you were going.... welcome back to the Millionaire's Club Gerry Morrow.  This might be one of your best angles of all time.  Awesome writing.

Really interested to see what is next for Al Perez and Larry Z... these two have done it all and while this "might" be the end of their feud, they are still big pieces in 88.

Really enjoyed Idol-Keirn.  Two of my all-time favorites!

While I know this is us just having fun with a crazy hobby, I truly enjoyed seeing Gagne get a beating.

Very realistic interpromotinal ending to Road Warriors vs Bruise Brothers.  Awesome match!

Lawler won the Southern Title like 50 times.  I'm sure he will regroup and be back real soon.

GREAT SHOW!

AWA Dirt Sheet Report 

Times are changing! Jerry Jarrett has parted ways with Verne Gagne and the AWA. Apparently, this had been in the works for a couple months, but Jarrett didn't want this to be a distraction before SuperClash. Him and Verne agreed to make it public after the event. However, there's more! Departing with Jarrett will be Lance Russell and Jerry 'The King' Lawler! 

Verne was prepared for Jarrett and Russell but was quite surprised by Lawler. Lawler did warn Verne in advance that he was seriously thinking about leaving. Verne thought Lawler would stay after promising him a headlining feud with Chris Adams. They even set this up at SuperClash. The next day Lawler informed Verne that he was leaving. Verne was disappointed and thought a Lawler/Adams feud would be big money. In the end, they parted with a handshake. 

Jarrett and Lawler are keeping future plans under wraps, so we'll all have to wait and see what's next. 

As for the AWA, Verne still wants to remain behind the scenes and is thinking about bringing in an authority figure for TV. It's been known that Verne can be stuck in his old ways but seeing the money roll in this past year, he's been more accepting of new and fresh ideas. Proof of this was the recent signing of the Ultimate Warrior. Rumor has it, the AWA thinks he will bring in an entire new generation of fans, which means Verne will be happy with the revenue.  

The AWA knows that losing Lawler hurts (hurts a lot) but has vowed to bring in established International stars as well as new talent. The wrestling world is changing, and the AWA wants to keep up. 

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 1-6-88

All the SuperClash 2 highlights are shown to Steppenwolf's Rock Me. The music video ends with a bloody Bad News Brown holding the AWA world title high. 

Following the video we see Jerry Jarrett on screen. 

Jarrett: Hello fans, as you've probably heard by now, I'm parting ways with the AWA to pursue other endeavors. I want to say from the bottom of my heart it has been a pleasure. I've enjoyed every moment here in the AWA and I sincerely want to thank each and every one of you and your tremendous support. Now I would like to turn the time over to Lance Russell. 

Lance: I echo the words of Jerry Jarrett. I can't tell you how much I've also enjoyed my time here. It's been my pleasure calling matches, interviewing wrestlers and being a part of this great team. One of my favorites to interview has always been The King, Jerry Lawler. If you haven't heard, Jerry will be leaving the AWA as well. He really wanted to publicly say goodbye, so he's going to do it from the hospital. (smiles and waves) So long AWA! 

Jerry Lawler is sitting in a hospital bed with his head bandaged. 

Lawler: I really wish this was under better circumstances but I'm going to make the best of it. It's been my pleasure to have held the AWA world title twice and defend it against the best competition in the world. I've had my ups and down in the AWA but in the end, always came out on top. A lot of that had to do with the fans overwhelming support. I know I came up short in my last quest for the world title but that's how it goes sometimes. My leaving had nothing to do with the fans or the promotion. It was just time for the King to try something new. So, I'll see you somewhere down the road. Thank you! 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Well fans, I know that was a lot to take in and process. I know the AWA wishes them the very best of luck. Times are changing in the AWA but I can tell you they're going to be exciting changes. You'll hear about them in the coming weeks. SuperClash 2 is in the books and what a historic night that was. Most of the wrestlers appearing at SuperClash have been given a well deserved vacation but we have a lot of action and a lot of debuts, so let's get to the ring. 

Synergy (Brian Adias and Ricky Rice) vs. Sam Smith and Corey Gavel 

adias.jpg.5de878275a49dc9249146a1165731d4e.jpgrice.jpg.9ffa0a9b152fa14b7ba09c7979d5ce96.jpg

Adias and Rice are wearing yellow boots, black wrestling pants with a yellow stripe swirled around them. They high five fans and spring into the ring. 

They work their opponents over with quick tags and high octane offense before winning the match with a double dropkick. 

Commercial Break 

Kokina w/Professor Bill Ash vs. Todd Rooney 

kokina.jpg.f9f06b888f30e4c1a37fbeaab73456ba.jpg

Kokina is brutal tonight as he ragdolls Rooney all over the ring. Kokina slams Rooney, swings off the ropes and hits the big splash for the easy win. 

Resnick: Bill Ash! What's going on here? 

Ash: It's Professor to you idiot! Do you know why I'm a professor? It's because I'm so smart! As you know I tried a tag team experiment and in the end, it failed. Well, a professor takes failure and rebounds with success. I tried changing two men but I realized it doesn't work. The Honor Roll have been dismissed. Did you see the havoc Kokina unleashed in the battle royal? 

Resnick: Indeed I did, and I was almost a victim but was saved by his former partner Jimmy Snuka. I was shocked at what he did to his partner and friend. 

Ash: Kokina's true self came out and I saw that. There's no need to change this man. I will unleash his full potential on the AWA. You haven't seen anything yet! 

Commercial Break 

The Fortunate Ones (Jerry Stubbs and Gary Young) vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez 

stubbs.jpg.73f85f8644ce5b19bf8ae4ade6a8fa53.jpgyoung.jpg.510b0180f8cdfff20c4f845d9d006757.jpg

Stubbs and Young arrogantly walk into the ring wearing T-Shirts with two thumbs up on the back. 

They work well together and aren't shy about breaking the rules. The match ends with a devastating double DDT! 

Resnick: Impressive debut for the Fortunate Ones. I have to ask, where does the name come from? 

Stubbs: Real simple. We were fortunate enough to cross paths at the right time. And we're fortunate enough to have somebody very interested in us. A mentor, so to speak. 

Resnick: And who might that be? 

Stubbs: We'll tell you when we want.

Young: I've always wanted a mentor and was fortunate enough to find both a mentor and a partner. We know our mentor is listening and we're going to prove our worth real soon. 

Commercial Break

Resnick: Ok, we're just about set...wait a minute, Norvell Austin is coming over. 

Norvell: Resnick, you saw my Midnights clean up at SuperClash and now I'm taking them to gold. But first! I would like to introduce my newest client. He's big, bad and way too cool. Get ready for Cannonball Griz! 

Cannonball Griz w/Norvell Austin vs. Clyde Putnam 

cannonball.jpg.2c6757c6944d38cd954a77f000697124.jpg

Griz steps in the ring wearing shades and a literal gold chain wrapped around his neck (Hercules style) 

Norvell cheers as Griz destroys his opponent, Griz picks Putnam up, walks around and powerslams him over for the win. 

Commercial Break 

Footage from SuperClash is shown as Baby Doll distracts Jerry Lawler, which leads to an Adams superkick on Lawler! 

We come back and see Chris Adams and Baby Doll in the locker room right after SuperClash. 

Baby Doll: Well, well, well. You didn't think I was going to forget about Jerry Lawler, did you? After all is said and done, Lawler is the one laid out and I'm here with the real last man standing Chris Adams. 

Adams: That's right! I took out Tom Zenk as an appetizer and for the main course I took out the self proclaimed King. All in one night! Chris Adams is for real and Chris Adams is the hottest thing in the AWA! 

Commercial Break 

Mando Guerrero vs. Joseph Stamp 

mando.jpg.99d7dbe9cfcf4b550e6e4be5251b6601.jpg

Mando looks great and wins the match with a flying body press! 

OH NO! 

Mando's jumped from behind by the Fortunate Ones! They stomp away on Mando, pick him up and throat drop him on the top rope. They pick up Mando and deliver consecutive double DDT's! They leave Mando lying there and give a double thumbs up on the way out. 

Commercial Break 

We come back and see Brenda Britton and Gerry Morrow sitting on a yacht. 

Brenda: Hi everybody! Wow! I'm having the time of my life with my millionaire friend Gerry Morrow. Gerry, this has been amazing! 

Morrow: AHHHHHH Brenda, I owe it all to you. I also want to say hello to my Priceless Alumni George and Carl. Their medical expenses have been paid in full and of course a little bit extra. A man shouldn't forget his friends. 

Brenda: You're a true friend Gerry. The only thing I can ask is what's next.

Morrow: Ah Brenda, I thought you would never ask. I have a big surprise and a huge announcement. However, an announcement like dis can only happen on your show. Because everything happens there.

Brenda: Oh my! I can't wait! Ok, next week, my guest on the Beauty Shop will be the millionaire himself Champagne Gerry Morrow! 

The two hold up their glasses and toast to new beginnings. 

Commercial Break 

We come back and a very charismatic and flamboyant man with hair like a lion is standing in the ring.

" It's me, it's me, it's DDP, Diamond Dallas Page! I'm here to present to you a team that's ba ba ba bad to the ba ba bone. They're so bad they spell bad with two Ds. Ladies and Gentlemen, Paul Diamond and Pat Tanaka, Badd Company! 

Badd Company w/ DDP vs. Neil Jordan and Trent Watkins 

88844609_badcom.jpg.54e483f09822cb2650a83caf2d8ac5ba.jpg

Diamond and Tanaka gel so well, that they make it look easy. Tanaka karate kicks Jordan into a bridging back suplex by Diamond for the pin. 

Commercial Break 

A muscular man with wild hair is standing on top of a mountain. His back is turned. He raises his arms and starts shaking them. 

"Speak to me Warriors!" 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Ok fans, next week in action will be 2 time International Champ El Canek. New National tag champs Venomous. We'll hear from TV champ Nick Busick as well as World tag champs the Bruise Brothers. AWA World champ Bad News Brown will address us as well. That and so much more. 

The fans cheer as Crusher Blackwell comes out with his head bandaged up. The fans chant "You were robbed" 

Resnick: Crusher Blackwell. I know it must be heartbreaking for you. How does it fell to miss out on one million dollars? 

Blackwell looks around at the fans, then looks down and back up at Resnick. 

Blackwell: This entire night, all I've heard is people crying about Jerry Lawler and Jerry Jarrett and Lance Russell. You out here talking about how great SuperClash was. All these exciting debuts. But not once did anybody mention how I was cheated out of a million dollars! Now, you dare ask how it feels?

Blackwell grabs Resnick by his shirt and shakes him! 

Blackwell: How do you think it feels?!?! 

Blackwell throws Resnick down. Resnick rolls around and tries to crawl away but Blackwell picks him up and slams him on the concrete! A swarm of officials and security come out to stop this madness. The fans are in complete shock as silence falls over the arena.