Pro Wrestling Only

AWA Major League Wrestling

spaldoni

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First the TV show...  A lot of great moments here....

I love the new roster additions.., Kerry, Iceman and the Fantastics will give the fans some more to cheer about.

I think the Rich vs Rose cousins has is a great way to get something out of this foursome.  Nice choice!

Tony Atlas as his "whenever I damn well want" quote was a highlight for me.  This is going to be awesome.  I am not sure if the WWF first came up with this "money in the bank" idea, but I think it adds a lot to the promotion.  Nice job

Even though no titles changes hands, I thought title night was a great show as you moved along some angles and got us ready for some new ones.  Boris attacking Nikita shows us that all of Russian was not ready to be friends.  I bet that Boris was the new fan favorite in Moscow.... Propaganda at its best.  Cool angle here.  Nice work!

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 8-18-88

ring.jpg.243e52cd28f6e2a12890087b7b23c08d.jpg

Highlights are shown from Title Night as all the champions retain. The footage ends with Boris Zhukov attacking Nikita Koloff and standing over him as Alexis Smirnoff waves the Russian flag. 

Next, we get comments from Nikita Koloff in the locker room, hours after Title Night. Nikita's heavily bandaged around his ribcage and back. 

nikita.jpg.55941a8912bb6329a5654e2ff9df290f.jpg

Nikita: Boris Zhukov! You attack Nikita from behind like a coward! You make big mistake! I want the AWA to know that I want Boris Zhukov in the ring by any means necessary! That means that I will put the world title on the line! Boris! You are mine! 

Larry Nelson: Hello everyone and welcome to another edition of AWA major league wrestling. Tremendous show lined up, but before we get to the action....

Nelson is cut off by Brenda Britton. 

Britton: I'll take it from here Larry. You know the drill. Hi everybody and please welcome out the AWA C.O.O. Gerry Morrow. 

Nelson rolls his eyes and walks away. 

Morrow: As always Brenda, delightful to see you. 

Britton: You're such a gentleman Gerry. I hear you have some big new, so take it away. 

Morrow: Indeed I do. De AWA has something special for our fans in October. Our next pay per view will be a 2 night event called Brawls in St. Paul. It will take place on October 6th and 7th. Now listen to dis. You get both nights for de price of one pay per view.

Britton: Wow! What a bargain! 

Morrow: Yes, it is! Two nights of action for de price of one. Can't beat it. However, before we get to de pay per view, de AWA has a big card in Winnipeg on September 3rd. I have now made it official. Nikita Koloff will defend de AWA world title against Boris Zhukov. Now, I would not normally do dis, since Boris just arrived to de AWA. However, under de circumstances and de fact dat Nikita demanded de match and I do respect him as our AWA world champion, I will grant him dis favor. De fans in Winnipeg are in for a big night of action. I will see you there. 

Britton: Announcements like this is why you're the greatest C.O.O. ever. Until next time tooooodles. 

Commercial Break 

Venomous vs. Sam Smith and James Lofton 

boone.jpg.f9b34496579d0c9c8de00397d9ce60e1.jpgcobra.jpg.62d019d2a8dbb40b7f20875c706adb0e.jpg

The former National tag team champs make their first appearance since Wrestlerock and it looks like they haven't lost a step. Cobra hits a snap suplex as Kat follows with a senton for the win. 

Venomous cut a promo and Kat says in Winnipeg they're going to put the Killer Bees in their place. Kat says they have no idea why the Bees have targeted them but they made a big mistake and Venomous will get their revenge! 

Commercial Break 

AWA Mid-American Champ Larry Zbyszko vs. Carl Kellerman 

1484051026_larryz.jpg.191b83bb9ed53893bacae554b010d3fc.jpg

The always arrogant Zbyszko easily wins the match with a swinging neckbreaker. 

Zbyszko cuts a promo and says he's disappointed in the lack of competition in the AWA. Nelson tries to run down a list of worthy contenders but Zbyszko calls him a spudhead and tells him to shut up. 

Commercial Break 

Carlos Colon vs. Neil Jordan 

colon2.jpg.0b1809729f06a5a88182ec6ebdf57b33.jpg

The fans cheer as Colon wins the match with the figure four leglock. 

Nelson: Great to have you back Carlos. I know you need some recovery time following that grueling match at Wrestlerock...

WHAM! 

sawyer.jpg.570fc1e666d2b194f831c74434bf35eb.jpg

BUZZ SAWYER hits Colon from behind with his chain! Buzz keeps hitting Colon with the chain while laughing maniacally and shouting "This isn't over Colon! 

Several officials and security run out to stop this. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: My goodness, Buzz Sawyer is insane. That man truly needs help. I hope Carlos Colon will be ok. That was sickening. Fans, we're going to take you to pre recorded comments from a new tag team heading to the AWA, the Olympians. 

olympians.jpg.6399ecf899d93201742ed8062c2bd2f7.jpg

Ken Patera and Brad Rheingans are wearing Olympic themed sweatsuits. 

Rheingans: I'm excited to be returning to the AWA and with a partner like Ken Patera. We have similar backgrounds and think alike. Most of all, we thrive on competition. 

Patera: That's right and that's why we've come to the AWA. Next week we'll be wrestling Synergy. We watched their match with the Guerreros at Title Night and needless to say, we were impressed.

Rheingans: Which is why we handpicked them for our AWA debut. 

Patera: We want the best and we're ready for the best. 

Next week- The Olympians vs. Synergy

Commercial Break 

'Dynamite' DJ Peterson vs. Trent Watkins

DJ's pumped up tonight and wins the match with a flying shoulder tackle from the top rope. 

Wait a minute! 

The Vin Man strolls out with Kevin Kelly and Coast to Coast (Tatum and Victory). Vin grabs a mic.

Vin: You're a real funny man Dufus Peterson! I bet you had a great laugh at title night didn't you? Well, we don't think it's funny! 

Kelly and Coast to Coast enter the ring. DJ starts pounding away but the numbers are too much. The fans get up and cheer as Nick Busick and Billy Jack Strong hit the ring with fists flying! Busick and Strong stereo clothesline Coast to Coast over the top rope as DJ clotheslines Kelly over the top rope! Vinnie is throwing a tantrum as he leads his staggering men to the back. 

Nelson: DJ, come on over. It appears you have some hard hitting friends. 

DJ: (smiling) Very hard hitting. 

Busick: It looked to me that my buddy DJ might need some help, so I called up Billy Jack Strong. Billy Jack and me went through hell and back with each other last year and respect brought us together. Its time the three of us cleaned house and that means your house Vin Man! 

Strong: The sides are evened up now. You weren't expecting that, were you Vin Man? Come on! Let's see what you got. 

Commercial Break 

Jumbo Tsuruta w/Ray Stevens vs. Todd Rooney 

jumbo.jpg.e38382b7b41404e93f709d4286cb5935.jpg

Jumbo destroys his opponent and finishes things off with a lariat. 

Nelson: Ray Stevens, it appears there's a lot of tension going on between your man Jumbo and his former partner Tatsumi Fujinami. 

Stevens: It comes down to pure jealousy! Tatsumi Fujinami was keeping Jumbo Tsuruta from reaching his full potential. I see Jumbo's full potential and will take him to the AWA world title. Something Tatsumi Fujinami will never come close to. Well, Tatsumi wants to cause problems, fine with us. On September 2nd, in Winnipeg, Jumbo will finish off Tatsumi once and for all. 

Commercial Break 

The Rose Cousins vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez

roses.jpg.9b827032abed6398624b6277b39aae5f.jpg

The Rose cousins are in sync tonight and win decisively with the Rose Bomb (Randy stands on the middle turnbuckles, Pat holds up his opponent in a suplex position and sets him up on Randy's shoulder as Randy comes down with the slam) 

Rose's cut a promo on the Rich's and their upcoming match in Winnipeg. They say they're going to show the Rich's what family unity is all about. 

Commercial Break 

'Crippler' Rip Oliver vs. William Hillman 

oliver.jpg.d2e9250547ed055503dda41da84cb1e2.jpg

Oliver wins the match with a Russian Leg Sweep. 

Nelson: Rip, big things ahead for you. On September 2nd in Winnipeg, you're signed to face Crusher Blackwell. 

On cue, Blackwell comes out. 

blackwell.jpg.b38866d2536b43a560d8890a4449474f.jpg

Blackwell: Quick question for you Larry Nelson. Why am I wasting my time wrestling a joke like him? I should be wrestling for a title. If Greg Gagne were here, this wouldn't be happening. Oh and since all you people lack any kind of sympathy and haven't asked, Greg is struggling right now and needs support. We need Greg back and real soon. Look what's happen to the Gang. We're in complete disarray. As for you Oliver, the last time we saw you was at Wrestlerock and you were destroyed...

Oliver: (cuts Blackwell off) And the last time we saw you, you were just about put through the canvas inside a cage. 

Blackwell: That's it! 

Blackwell charges and the fight is on! Blackwell and Oliver have a furious exchange into the commercial. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Joining me now are Alexis Smirnoff and Boris Zhukov. 

boris.thumb.jpg.bfac868f8c0a0bf801628eb2da9c1ed4.jpg

Massive boos as Smirnoff comes out waving the Russian Flag. Boris is wearing a red jacket with the Soviet emblem on the back. 

Nelson: You men have a lot to answer for. But it appears your sick plan worked because in Winnipeg, Nikita Koloff will defend the AWA world title against Boris Zhukov. So, I'll ask, why the hell did Boris attack Nikita? 

Smirnoff: Very easy to answer. Nikita Koloff has disgraced Mother Russia! He turned his back on Russia and is a traitor! Nikita, you are not fitted to be world champion. Russia produces the very best athletes in the world and Boris Zhukov is at the top. The Kremlin wants a world champion and one they can be proud of. Nikita Koloff is not that man. However, Boris Zhukov is. 

Boris: Nikita! You have gone soft! You are weak and feeble. You have disgraced Mother Russia and I have been selected to dethrone you. I will make the Kremlin proud. I will be the next AWA world champion and you will walk out a broken and defeated man. 

More boos as Smirnoff waves the Russian flag while Boris stands with his arms folded. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Fans, before we get to our main event. I have a very special guest. Please welcome out none other than the Modern Day Warrior himself, Kerry Von Erich! 

kerry2.jpg.0a3e84140a04cc06968b59d3bf07ec0e.jpg

Huge ovation as Tom Sawyer by Rush blasts while Kerry comes out slapping hands with the fans while taking in hugs from the ladies. 

Nelson: Kerry, great to have you in the AWA. You're one of the best wrestlers in the world and I know we're all very excited to see you here. 

Kerry: Thank you so much Larry. The AWA is truly the Major League of professional wrestling and I knew I had to be here! My goal is to get to the top of the mountain and I'm ready to work my way up. 

Nelson: Sounds like a plan. Why don't you stay here and join me for commentary for our main event. 

Kerry: I would love to. 

Commercial Break 

Footage from 2 weeks ago is shown as Kokina Samoan Drops the Ultimate Warrior on the concrete. The Asylum continue to beat down on Warrior until the Gunslingers run out swinging chairs. 

The Gunslingers vs. The Asylum (Abbuda Iaukea and Tiger Jeet Singh) w/Kokina 

casey.jpg.44b02c97f7262e542080d415c447723a.jpgmantell.jpg.850b196b9fe48ecf85d7a0f9efae3239.jpgabbuda.jpg.80fb3378e67249e43be6447f80cbb722.jpgsingh.jpg.554ad768222c45ae2df06946658147d3.jpg

After what went down a couple weeks ago, this match was quickly signed. 

The bell rings and everybody is fighting. The Ref manages to get a bit of control but it never lasts long. During all the chaos. Casey swings off the ropes but Kokina (from the outside) pulls the top rope down. Casey takes a nasty fall. Kokina stomps down on him, then hoists him up for a Samoan Drop. Before he can execute it, Kerry Von Erich charges over and pounds away on Kokina. Casey falls on top of Kokina. Singh and Iaukea hurl Mantell out of the ring and see Kerry pounding on Kokina. They run out but Kerry turns around and is all over them! Mantell runs over and helps Kerry. The crowd goes absolutely nuts when Kerry twirls around and puts Abbuda down with a discuss punch! 

Officials and prelim wrestlers run out to break this up. Kokina loses it and starts tossing wrestlers everywhere trying to get at Kerry. Once again, the show ends in chaos. 

AWA in Winnipeg 9-2-88

AWA World Title Bout 

Nikita Koloff (C) vs. Boris Zhukov w/Alexis Smirnoff 

Tatsumi 'The Dragon' Fujinami vs. Jumbo Tsuruta w/Ray Stevens

Just signed 

Carlos Colon vs. 'Mad Dog' Buzz Sawyer 

Venomous vs. The Killer Bees 

'Crippler' Rip Oliver vs. Crusher Blackwell 

The Rose Cousins vs. The Wild Ones (Johnny and Davey Rich) 

Just signed 

DJ Peterson/Nick Busick and Billy Jack Strong vs. 'Mr. Magnificent' Kevin Kelly and Coast to Coast w/The Vin Man 

Great idea with the 2 for 1 gimmick with the Brawl in St Paul.

The Kremlin is displeased with Nikita as World Champion and have selected comrade Zhukov to bring the title back to Mother Russia.

Even Venomous doesn't know what the Bee's beef is. They'll look to settle it just the same.

Larry Z says there's no competition. Larry N disagrees.

The Mad Dog isn't done with Colon yet.

The Olympians are coming to take on the best and they'll find it in Synergy.

Jumbo and the Rose Cousins are ready for Winnipeg.

Crusher seems to be overlooking Stevens, that won't end well.

Kerry arrives just in time to see a crazy main event and he couldn't resist jumping in.

Some big names are making their way to the AWA! The Olympians feel at home here!  I love that the Rose Cousins vs. The Rich Cousins gives a little southern flavor to the Winnigpeg card!

Jeff Jarrett was heard muttering "lack of competition, huh?" while listening to Larry Zbyzsko on TV. 

Some big international match ups in Winnipeg with the Russians facing off in the main event and two top Japanese stars in Semi-Main! 

I think all the new talent coming into the AWA is going to make for some great new feuds.  I think the highlight here for me was hearing Boris and Alexis explain why they are coming after Nikita.  I always found wrestling heels of the 80's to just be better.  I guess that is because they were never worried about being politically correct.  

Buzz-Carlos is going to be real wild!

I see Larry Z thinks there is no competition in the AWA... wonder he is going to step up... Not sure if Kerry has anyone lined up but that could be interesting.

The AWA giving 2 nights away for the price of one... are they just being nice or feeling some pressure as certain promotions seem to want to grow quickly.  Maybe now finally after 4.5 years we are at the Dawn of War!

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 8-25-88

Larry Nelson: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Tonight you'll see the debut of the Olympians and they'll be taking on Synergy. Lanny Poffo battles Scott Putski. We had a special drawing before the show to see who would wrestle Brian Adias for the TV title tonight. The lucky name drawn was Rip Oliver. So, Brian Adias will defend the TV title against Rip Oliver, right here tonight. Ok, let's get to the ring. 

Boris Zhukov w/Alexis Smirnoff vs. Roland Bannister

boris2.jpg.f249722bb1f304f3668e13f188ca083a.jpg

Smirnoff waves the Russian flag throughout the match as Boris destroys his opponent. Boris swings his opponent to the ropes and puts him down with a running clothesline. Boris picks up Bannister and slams hm down. Boris hops on the turnbuckles and crashes down with a dropping headbutt for the win. 

Nelson: Ok Alexis Smirnoff, it all goes down in Winnipeg next week when Nikita Koloff defends the AWA world title against your man, Boris Zhukov. You guys attacked Nikita at Title Night and now you have to face the consequences. 

Smirnoff: Consequences? The consequences of our actions will bring great pride and honor to Mother Russia. Something Nikita Koloff is very short on. Nikita is a traitor to his country and it is him who must face consequences of his own. Tell them comrade Boris. 

Boris: Nikita, we are here for you, the AWA world title and for our love for Mother Russia. You have adopted the weak ways of this weak country and that has made you a very weak and feeble man. Next Saturday, I will take your world title and I will break you! 

Smirnoff: Next Saturday will be a proud day for Mother Russia. The traitor will be handled and a true Russian wrestler will be champion. 

Smirnoff waves the flag as Boris folds his arms and stands there. 

Commercial Break

'Luscious' Lanny Poffo vs. Scott 'Powerhouse' Putski 

poffo.jpg.0c76ea2ae6c41b399e5a3a02582d781a.jpgputski.jpg.67044e38c0e3ca3225c6eefa28899ee0.jpg

Poffo has some fun with his antics until Putski has enough and begins to bounce Poffo all over with power moves. Poffo comes back with a blend of ruthless rulebreaking and scientific wrestling. Putski changes the momentum when he blocks a suplex attempt and proceeds to suplex Poffo. Putski goes on a terror and has Poffo pinballing everywhere and eventually out of the ring. Poffo reaches in his tights and puts on a pair of brass knuckles. Poffo staggers up on the apron. Putski charges and Poffo takes a swing, but Putski ducks and attempts to back suplex Poffo but Poffo nails Putski with the brass knuckles on the way down. Poffo crashes on top 1..2..3! 

Boos as Poffo slides out of the ring. He points to his temple and skips away. 

Commercial Break 

The AWA shows highlights of El Canek on his Mexico tour. 

Nelson: Fans, as you know the AWA travels the world. We just saw highlights of El Canek in Mexico. Our world tag team champs, the Guerreros are currently defending their titles in Japan. And our National tag team champs Badd Co. are in Australia defending their titles. We look forward to seeing them back here soon. Now, back to the action. 

Nick Busick and Billy Jack Strong vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez

busick.jpg.de786178dd6ea45803150bf04ad2153c.jpgbilly.jpg.0c6386f5a8b4fc47568d78e9a72f1fdc.jpg

Busick and Strong put their brute strength to work as they dismantle their opponents. Strong swings Lopez to the ropes and Busick hits the spinebuster slam for the easy win. 

Nelson: After what went down last week, the match has been signed for Winnipeg. You two will team with DJ Peterson to take on Vin Man's family, Kevin Kelly and Coast to Coast. 

Busick: And we can't wait! Me and Billy Jack have decided to go full time teaming up. Vin man! You're in trouble buddy! 

Strong: We know DJ will take care of Kelly. Which means, coast to coast belongs to us! And when I say us, I mean the Bruisers! 

Busick: (pats Nelson on the back) You like that name Larry? 

Nelson: (smiles) I have to say, it fits you guys well. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Please welcome out Kerry Von Erich! 

Tom Sawyer hits as Kerry heads to ringside, slapping hands and taking in all the hugs from the woman. 

Nelson: Kerry, it's been officially signed. Next week in Winnipeg, you will make your AWA in ring debut against Abbuda Iaukea. Things got pretty intense last week. 

Kerry: Larry, my only intentions last week was to enjoy commentating with you. However, when Kokina interfered in the match and hurt my good buddy Scott Casey and was intending on doing more damage, well I couldn't let that slide. Abbuda Iaukea! We can end this next week, in the ring, man to man! And if Kokina wants a piece of me, I'm not a hard man to find. Kerry Von Erich is in the AWA and I plan on staying here a long time. 

Commercial Break 

The Olympians vs. Synergy 

olympians.jpg.6399ecf899d93201742ed8062c2bd2f7.jpgs.armstrong.jpg.100f36470a8e6cf9025abeccf5dafc2b.jpgrice.jpg.49a7dd4673c95822472e3214d6fe0f93.jpg

The Olympians hand picked Synergy for their debut because they wanted to face top competition. The Olympians come to the ring holding white towels and wearing Olympic themed robes. Synergy come out wearing black windbreakers and black wrestling pants with a yellow power cord swirled around them.

The match starts with both teams shaking hands. We get a fun see saw match up. The Olympians gel well with Patera's strength and Rheingans scientific skills. Synergy are in total sync and show off their chemistry of high flying offense and speed. Synergy really start to take control with quick tags and stereo maneuvers. Armstrong back drops Rheingans. Patera runs in as Rice comes in and dropkicks Patera through the ropes. While the Ref is guiding Rice to his corner, Patera is on the outside wrapping something into his towel. Rheingans swings Armstrong to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Armstrong leapfrogs over, as Armstrong swings off the opposite ropes, Patera jumps up and nails the back of Armstrong's head with the loaded towel. Armstrong falls forward as Rheingans grabs him and hits a gutwrench suplex for the win! Rice runs in and is wondering what just happened. The Olympians offer a handshake but Rice is more focused on his partner's well being. The Olympians look down at Armstrong and applaud him before leaving. 

Commercial Break 

'Mad Dog' Buzz Sawyer vs. Arnie Goldstein 

sawyer.jpg.570fc1e666d2b194f831c74434bf35eb.jpg

Sawyer is in full lunatic mode as he destroys his opponent and finishes him off with a powerslam! 

Nelson: (looking nervous) You know Buzz, I thought after what went down at WrestleRock, this issue between you and Carlos Colon was over. That's clearly not the case as you viciously attacked him with that chain last week. 

Sawyer swings his chain around. 

Sawyer: (maniacal laugh) You thought wrong! My issues with Colon are over when I say they're over! There's plenty more blood to spill and next week in Winnipeg, I'm going to make Colon bleed and bleed bad! 

Commercial Break 

The Killer Bees vs. Todd Rooney and Ray Glader 

bees.jpg.c3b137ebee3462e9d63f428afc396eca.jpg

The masked Bees make it look easy and win the match with a double flapjack. 

Nelson attempts to ask them about their long awaited match with Venomous next week in Winnipeg but once again the Bees just walk away. What's with these guys? 

Commercial Break 

The Wild Ones (Johnny and Davey Rich) vs. Neil Jordan and Trent Watkins 

richs.jpg.a6d50df3d662493de12020081cceb70c.jpg

The Rich's enter the ring wearing leather jackets and white T-Shirts. 

The Rich's have fun breaking the rules and eventually win the match with a double front face suplex. 

Nelson: Next week in Winnipeg, it'll be a family feud as you guys take on the Rose Cousins. 

Davey: Whoo Weee, we're going to have a great time up north next week, aren't we Johnny? 

Johnny: You said it Davey. We're going to show those Winnebagos what southern wrestling is all about when we put a whoop'n on those good for noth'n Rose sisters. 

Commercial Break 

AWA TV Title Bout 

'The A-Lister' Brian Adias (C) vs. 'Crippler' Rip Oliver 

adias.jpg.5de878275a49dc9249146a1165731d4e.jpgoliver.jpg.d2e9250547ed055503dda41da84cb1e2.jpg

People just can't believe how arrogant Adias has become since WrestleRock. He's even wearing sunglasses when the bell rings. He begins to berate Oliver until Oliver hits Adias and knocks the sunglasses off his face. The opening minutes is all Oliver as he knocks Adias from one side of the ring to the other. Adias is finally able to come back and works over Oliver pretty good. Adias goes for a missile dropkick but Oliver dodges it. Oliver goes to town on Adias. Oliver hops on the middle turnbuckles and nails Adias with a diving clothesline. 

WHAM! 

CRUSHER BLACKWELL enters the ring and nails Oliver from behind! The Ref signals for the DQ. 

Blackwell hurls Oliver to the outside. Blackwell goes out and slams Oliver on the concrete. Blackwell picks up Oliver and slams him back first into the steel post several times. Blackwell drops Oliver on the concrete and follows with a big splash! Blackwell gets up and hits another big splash! Officials run out to stop him. While all that is going on, Adias staggers up, goes to the outside, grabs his TV title and jumps up and down celebrating. 

We go to a VTR with Nikita Koloff lifting weights in his Russian Dungeon. He pumps some iron and stops. He looks right into the camera.

nikita.jpg.55941a8912bb6329a5654e2ff9df290f.jpg

Koloff: Smirnoff! Boris Zhukov! You talk and talk about Mother Russia and how Nikita is a traitor. You attack Nikita like cowards and call me weak? You want to know what Russia is all about? Next week in Winnipeg, I promise you will get the Russian Nightmare and you will see what Nikita Koloff is all about and why I am AWA world champion! 

Nikita ends the scene with a trap pose and yell. 

Poffo proves he's not just Luscious, he's also a Genius!

I agree with Nelson, the Bruisers is definitely a fitting name for Busick and Strong.

Kerry is up for a rough first test against Abbuda.

The Olympians displaying some serious troll energy against Synergy.

I guess Sawyer was having too much fun with Colon to quit.

The Bees and the Rich Cousins both get some shine ahead of big matches in Winnipeg.

Adidas clearly doesn't mind taking a helping hand from Blackwell to retain the TV title.

As expected, loads of intensity between the two Russians heading into their clash for the world title.

So many cool angles right now in the AWA!  I was really thinking the entire time I was reading this show was that we were going to get a new TV champ.  I even thought this after Oliver knocked the sunglasses off of Adias.  Then the great twist... Crusher Blackwell.  Nice booking!

Awesome promos with Zhukov and Smirnoff... Mother Russian talk always sells tickets.

I like the opening angle with Kokina for Kerry.  I wonder where Kerry will be in a year from now in Dawn of War.  He could really do it all for you.  This is going to be fun.

The Wild Ones are perfect HEAT.  They are like Greg Gagne in your AWA world.  So is Lanny Poffo.  You are getting so much out of wrestlers that others have struggled with.  Awesome job!

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 9-1-88

Larry Nelson: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Tonight's main event will be Iceman Parsons taking on Gary Young and the winner will get a TV title shot next week. As you all know, tomorrow night the AWA will be in Winnipeg for a huge card. The event will not be televised; however, the cameras will be rolling and you'll see highlights next week. We'll be talking more about that tremendous card throughout the program. Ok, let's get to the ring. 

'Thrilling' Tom Brandi vs. Clyde Putnam 

brandi.jpg.3526a191c511fb062b85699bea7204a9.jpg

Brandi continues to excite the AWA fans and wins the match with a flying elbow drop from the top rope. 

Commercial Break 

The Fantastics vs. Sam Smith and Keith Edwards 

fantastics.jpg.6f85e182fbf652ccdbdec5b7a7ca6f6b.jpg

The Fantastics continue to prove why they're one of the best teams in wrestling as they put on a tag team clinic. Fantastics finish things off with the Rocket Launcher. 

Nelson: Tommy Rogers and Bobby Fulton, the Fantastics, come on over here. Just hearing these great fans, I know everybody is excited that you have arrived in the AWA. I'm sure you've figured out we have a very competitive tag team division here. I'm sure...

There's a commotion as the Glamour Boys come out. 

simpson.jpg.8a24c045e095a2272a24a2c3d5fa33bc.jpgsdoll.jpg.9546a5251ff01c4e4a0a2930b7489d4e.jpg

Simpson: Hey guys, we know it's your time and we're sorry for interrupting. We just wanted to welcome you to the AWA. 

The Fantastics smile and nod. 

Simpson: There's just one thing bothering Steve and myself. You see, we've worked hard to solidify ourselves as one of the premier teams here in the AWA and it irks us a bit that you've pretty much stolen our look and our moves. 

Doll: Hey, we don't blame you at all. I mean, who wouldn't want to pattern themselves after us? So, just do us a favor and tone it down a bit. We're flattered but you guys need to come up with something more original, you know, suited for you. 

Rogers: I think you guys might be mistaken. The Fantastics have been together longer and this is who we are. 

Fulton: We've been doing what we've been doing for a long time and we've been doing it all over the world. Hey, you guys do your thing and we'll do ours. No hard feelings. 

Simpson: Well, see, that doesn't really work for us. 

Doll: How about this. Let's settle this the right way, in the ring. Just a good old fashion tag team match. What do you say? Next week? 

Rogers: Yea, ok, that works for us. 

Fantastics and Glamour Boys shake hands and nod. 

Commercial Break 

The Gunslingers vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez 

mantell.jpg.850b196b9fe48ecf85d7a0f9efae3239.jpgcasey.jpg.44b02c97f7262e542080d415c447723a.jpg

Gunslingers are in sync tonight and win the match with a double running bulldog. 

Gunslingers cut a promo and thank Kerry Von Erich for having their backs a couple weeks ago against the Asylum. They wish Kerry the best of luck in his upcoming match with Abbuda Iaukea in Winnipeg. They would be there in Winnipeg but the AWA has barred them and the rest of the Asylum from Winnipeg. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: It's been a while, maybe not long enough, but I'm told we have a special video from Greg Gagne. Let's see it now. 

Gagne is still in a hospital room nursing his injuries. He presses the bed remote and moves up. 

Gagne: Since WrestleRock, everything has fallen apart. Look at what happened to my gang. Look what happened to me! As far as I'm concerned, one man is responsible for this. It's you El Canek! It's all your fault and now you must pay. Right now I'm placing a 100,000 dollar bounty on El Canek. That's right, 100,000 big ones to any man that can put that masked moron out of wrestling for good. This will be the best money I've ever spent. Canek, it's time for your comeuppance! 

Gagne grimaces, pushes his remote button and slowly moves back down. 

Commercial Break 

The Winnipeg card is hyped up. We see highlights from Title Night as Boris Zhukov and Alexis Smirnoff attack Nikita Koloff. Boris hits Nikita from behind with a Persian Club, then follows with a piledriver. That's followed by the Tatsumi Fujinami/Jumbo Tsuruta/Ray Stevens confrontations. We see the bloody Colon/Sawyer history. We see the Killer Bees taking out Venomous at WrestleRock. The highlights end with Kerry Von Erich nailing Abuuda Iaukea with a discuss punch. 

Brenda Britton: Hi everybody! What a card we have coming to Winnipeg this weekend! Here with some late breaking news on that event is the one and only C.O.O. of the AWA, Gerry Morrow. 

Morrow: (kisses Brenda's hand) AHHHHHHH Brenda always a pleasure. I do indeed have some news. Originally Rip Oliver was scheduled to face Crusher Blackwell in Winnipeg. However, last week Mr. Blackwell seriously injured Rip Oliver and Rip will not be able to compete. Mr. Blackwell demanded he be declared de winner and dat he shouldn't have to wrestle in Winnipeg. Well, Blackwell and I are old friends and I couldn't deprive de great Canadian fans of seeing him in action. Blackwell is in Winnipeg with all the other competitors because he will be wrestling. I have found a suitable replacement hahahahaha and everybody will find out who de replacement is tomorrow night. Trust me, it is indeed a wonderful choice. 

Britton: Gerry, you are the man! This is so exciting! Until next time toooooodles. 

Commercial Break 

Highlights from last week are shown as Ken Patera nails Scott Armstrong on the back of his head with a loaded towel to give the Olympians the win over Synergy. 

Nelson: Joining me now are Ken Patera and Brad Rheingans, the Olympians. I must say, I was very disappointed in your actions last week. I mean, come on, did you guys really have to resort to that? 

The Olympians look totally confused.

Rheingans: What are you talking about Larry? I don't get it.

Patera: We came to the AWA to rise the rankings and win matches. Well, we did just that last week. 

Cheers as Synergy come out and they look pissed. 

Rheingans: Hey great match last week. You guys gave us some competition and that's exactly what we knew we would get from you. 

Patera: Yea, you guys are the real deal and our win last week should put us in title contention. Thanks for a great match.

Olympians offer handshakes. 

Rice: Are you kidding me! You know, I didn't know what happened until I reviewed the tape. So, this is for my partner. 

Rice punches Rheingans! 

Armstrong: And this is for you! 

Armstrong punches Patera! 

Armstrong: Anytime you guys want to do this again, bring it on! 

Synergy exit as the Olympians stagger up, holding their jaws and acting like they didn't deserve that. 

Commercial Break 

Winner gets an AWA TV Title shot next week 

Iceman Parsons vs. 'The Fortunate One' Gary Young w/Dream Machine 

iceman.jpg.94656e23827fc08a5d31075e31b69a07.jpgyoung.jpg.510b0180f8cdfff20c4f845d9d006757.jpg

We get a fun back and forth match. Dream Machine does his interfering but Parsons is always on him. Parsons excites the crowd and has Young bouncing all over the place. Thanks to a trip by Dream, Young takes control and works over Parsons but can't put him away. Parsons comes back but in the midst of it, the Ref takes a bump and goes down. Dream loads his mask. Parsons swings Young to the ropes and puts him down with the Hip Attack! Parsons covers but Dream comes off the ropes and nails Parsons with his loaded mask. HOWEVER! The Ref sees it and signals for the bell! Dream is livid and grabs the Ref. Parsons is still unconscious. Young staggers up and joins Dream in berating the Ref. 

HOLD ON! 

A masked man hits the ring and double clotheslines Dream and Young! The masked man hurls Dream out of the ring. He picks up Young and DDTs him down on the mat! The fans are going wild. 

olympia.jpg.1d4887f70de66f9bdb7ebc401626a38e.jpg

Nelson: Wait a minute! I know you! 

The masked man goes to ringside. 

Masked Man: That's right! It's me...Mr. Olympia! Dream Machine, Gary Young, you might've taken out and injured Jerry Stubbs but you forgot about Mr. Olympia didn't you! You boys better gear up because what you did to Jerry Stubbs is nothing compared to what I have in store for you. 

Dream Machine staggers up on the outside as Olympia runs over and clamps on the sleeper. The show ends with Olympia putting Dream to sleep as Young is still face down on the canvas in the background while Iceman Parsons slowly rises and looks around. 

Brandi is really getting over here.

The Glamour Boys see how much they have in common with The Fantastics and they don't like it.

The Gunslingers may have Kerry's back but he and Abbuda both will be on their own in Winnipeg.

Gagne offers some serious cash to take out Canek.

Blackwell thought he'd have the night off but Gerry didn't have the heart to keep his friend off the card in Winnipeg.

I can't tell if the Olympians are just playing dumb or are so delusional they actually don't know they cheated.

Mr Olympia is back and he's coming for the Dream Machine babay!

Really interesting show with a lot of questions left to answer after Winnipeg.

I can't wait to see who Blackwell wrestles and to see how this effects Morrow and Blackwell's relationship.  

I think we all love a good bounty angle but I'm hoping someone puts one out on Gagne!  He is so annoying.  Great job with his whole persona.  

I think the Glamour Boys should have just been more respectful.  lol.  Interesting angle which is really going to get one team over.

Dream Machine-Mr. Olympia is a cool angle.  

AWA @ The Winnipeg Arena 9-2-88

awa2.jpg.f9782ae0c524d7a10c4fdd27cab51447.jpg

'Dynamite' DJ Peterson and The Bruisers vs. 'Mr. Magnificent' Kevin Kelly and Coast to Coast w/The Vin Man

This match really gets the fans warmed up. We get pier six brawls, constant interference by Vinnie and each side displays solid and cohesive teamwork. The end comes during yet another pier six brawl when DJ rolls up Kelly for a satisfying pin. 

Carlos Colon vs. 'Mad Dog' Buzz Sawyer

These two take the fans on a wild and bloody ride as they just tear into each other. At the 10 minute mark, Colon and Sawyer's faces are crimson masks. The Ref gets tangled up in things and takes a severe bump. After more back and forth fighting, Sawyer shatters a wooden chair over Colon's head. The Ref crawls over and counts 1..2..3! Sawyer wins this battle but the war is far from over. 

The Rose Cousins vs. The Wild Ones 

The Canadian fans get a big dose of southern tag team wrestling here. A lot of brawling and intense back and forth action. The fans could feel the hatred these teams have for each other. With all that going on, both teams also display tag team fundamentals and really shine as units. They take the fans on a 20 minute thrill ride that ends in a draw. The Rich's want 5 more minutes until the Rose's accept, then the Rich's laugh and quickly exit. 

'The Modern Day Warrior' Kerry Von Erich vs. Abbuda Iaukea 

Before Kerry enters the ring, he's jumped by Abbuda, Tiger Jeet Singh and Kokina! They weren't supposed to be here, but it looks like they could care less. They give Kerry a brutal and horrifying beat down. Officials and Security try to stop it, but the Asylum toss them around like rag dolls. Abbuda and Singh double slam Kerry down on the concrete and stretch him out by holding his arms and legs. The crowd gasps as Kokina hits 3 consecutive leg drops on Kerry. More security run out and the Asylum leave satisfied. The fans are in a stunned silence as Kerry needs a lot of help getting out. 

Intermission

Crusher Blackwell vs. ??? 

Blackwell snatches the mic.

"Everybody saw what I did to the so called crippler. Now, I'm feeling real nice tonight. I don't care who my opponent is, but I'm going to give him a chance to back out with no shame at all. Just stay in the back and you won't get hurt. Ring that damn bell and declare me the winner!" 

The ring announcer gets the mic back. 

"His opponent, from Tampa Florida, MR. WONDERFUL PAUL ORNDORFF! 

The fans go absolutely nuts as Orndorff heads down the aisle and into the ring. Orndorff pumps the crowd up like only he can. 

The bell rings and an irate Blackwell charges full steam ahead and attempts a corner splash on Orndorff, but Orndorff moves. Blackwell hits the turnbuckles hard and staggers back as Orndorff rolls him over 1..2..3!!!! MEGA POP! 

Orndorff slides out of the ring. Blackwell gets up and is pissed. Orndorff wipes his forehead and flings it up at Blackwell, which pisses him off even more. 

Venomous vs. The Killer Bees 

The Bees came to the AWA and for still unknown reasons immediately targeted Venomous. Tonight, Venomous get their long awaited match. The match doesn't disappoint as both teams are on fire tonight with offensive flurries and high octane action. Bees pull out the heel tactics and get some big time heat. Venomous strike back with a vengeance. After a pier six brawl, Cobra executes and inside cradle on Bee #1, while the Ref is guiding Kat back. Bee #2 runs in and reverses the cradle. The Ref runs over and guides Bee #2 to his corner, which allows Kat to run in and reverse that cradle. The Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! Venomous get this one tonight. 

Tatsumi 'The Dragon' Fujinami vs. Jumbo Tsuruta w/Ray Stevens 

15 minutes of Fujinami and Jumbo going at it is well worth the price of admission. They give the fans just that. This match is stiff, hard hitting and brutal and that might be an understatement. They end up on the outer apron and have one intense slug and chop fest. The arena goes silent when Jumbo and Fujinami end up crashing through the ringside table! The Ref is shocked as he counts to 10. Stevens helps Jumbo up and to the back, while the Ref helps Fujinami out of there. Can these two survive another match with each other? 

AWA World Title Bout 

'The Russian Nightmare' Nikita Koloff (C) vs. Boris Zhukov w/Alexis Smirnoff 

The boos reign down as Smirnoff waves the Russian Flag while Zhukov stands proud with his arms folded. The thundering boos turn to a wild cheer as Nikita heads down the aisle with hell in his eyes. 

The introductions are made and the bell rings. Nikita charges and puts both Smirnoff and Boris down with a double clothesline. Nikita swings Boris into the corner and runs in with a knee to the mid section. Nikita punches and kicks away on Boris, then stomps him down in the corner. Smirnoff staggers up. Nikita picks up Boris and atomic drops him into Smirnoff. Smirnoff staggers as Nikita clotheslines him over the top rope. Nikita swings Boris to the ropes and hits the belly to belly suplex 1..2..NO! Nikita lifts Boris's head. Nikita proceeds to pound away on Boris's gigantic cranium. Nikita picks up the dazed Boris, swings him to the ropes and just about decapitates him with the Russian Sickle! Nikita drops down and puts both hands on Boris's chest 1..2..3! DONE! 

Nikita hurls Boris to the outside. The Ref hands Nikita the title. The fans are up and cheering as Nikita holds the belt high. 

Hold on! There's a commotion as Norvell Austin leads Tony Atlas into the ring. Norvell grabs the mic. 

"Very well done Nikita, congratulations on a very spirited performance. Enjoy this moment because you're on borrowed time my friend. You might've beaten that chump but let me tell you, he's no man of steel. Tell this fool Tony." 

Atlas: Nikita Koloff your days are numbered. I won the WrestleRock Rumble and with that came a guaranteed title shot. I'm calling you out! 

Nikita moves forward but the Ref is pleading with him. 

Atlas: Whoa, just relax. I'm not going to hurt you tonight. But if you keep puffing your chest and eyeballing me, I'll slap the taste right out of your mouth boy!" 

More officials run in to hold Nikita back. 

Atlas: No, I want to beat you for that world title with a global audience watching. The next pay per view, Brawls in St. Paul is when this is going to happen. I'm going to give you a whoop'n like you could never imagine and then I'm going to put you out of your misery and win that there world title. Start taking your vitamins and you better hit the gym a lot harder because Tony Atlas is coming and Tony Atlas is going to put a real bad hurting on you! 

Atlas tosses the mic at Nikita. Norvell and Atlas exit while Nikita begs them to come back. By this time the ring is full of officials and security holding Nikita back. Nikita grabs the mic. 

Koloff: Tony Atlas! You want Nikita, come and get me! 

Get ready because on October 6th at Brawls in St. Paul, it will be Nikita Koloff defending the AWA world title against Tony Atlas. 

DJ and the Bruisers warm up the crowd with a win in a wild n crazy opener.

Sawyer wins a bloody battle.

After 20 minutes, nothing is settled in the AWA's resident family feud. Loved the Rich's demanding 5 more minutes only to immediately bail.

Unsettling moment as the Asylum lay a beating on Kerry.

A truly Wonderful debut by Orndorff. I don't think Crusher is gonna let this one lay though.

Venomous gets the win but no answers from the Bees.

Fujinami and Jumbo's fight gets outta hand and both men need help walking away.

Nikita gets past Boris but doesn't get to celebrate long because Tony Atlas makes it known that at the Brawl in St Paul the Man of Steel is coming for the gold.

awa2.jpg.25aae2400209e6fcd3602652b57f62eb.jpg

The AWA will present its next pay per view, Brawls in St. Paul on Oct. 6 and 7th. The main events have been announced. 

Night 1

AWA World Title Bout 

'The Russian Nightmare' Nikita Koloff (C) vs. 'The Man of Steel' Tony Atlas w/Norvell Austin

Night 2

The WARGAMES MATCH! 

Kerry Von Erich/Carlos Colon/Tatsumi Fujinami/The Gunslingers

vs.

Jumbo Tsuruta/Buzz Sawyer/Kokina/Tiger Jeet Singh/Abbuda Iaukea 

The fans in Winnipeg got a real treat.  For me, the best part of the night was Orndorff coming out.  To me, he is underrated as he could be a great babyface or heel, was great on the mic and was pretty good in the ring.  He and Dibiase were similar in my book.

I had a good feeling Nikita was going to come out in good shape against Boris but not so sure what will happen with Atlas.  This is going to be a wild ride.

Understatement of the night was when you said Sawyer won the battle but the war is not over.  What you have done with Colon... he is never to be counted out.

Wow... I thought you were using this match to build up Kerry but you went straight for a WAR!!!  This is also going to be great.  

I think your match between Jumbo and Fujinami is exactly why I loved 80's wrestling and hate todays stuff.  When these two went through the table even the ref was shocked as there was no way they were getting back in the ring.  Today, they would have gotten up like they had a splinter before someone hit 3 piledrivers and it still might not be over.  

Great job and the next pay-per view is looking awesome.

Solid show top to bottom. Kerry Von Erich will be back with a vengeance, I'm sure of that. Fujinami and Tsuruta took each other to the limit and showed once again why they may be years ahead of everyone else. The main event delivered as expected, and Nikita Koloff continued his great title run. Can't wait to see the Wargames match.

The honeymoon is over, back to work.

Big card in Winnipeg.

Big win for Sawyer over Colon. Wouldn't expect anything less than a crimson mask from Colon.

Not a good showing for Kerry. Three on one beatdown is tough for anyone. Think he's going to need some backup to get through this one.

Orndorff wasn't getting paid by the hour. Made an exclamation point like example of Crusher Blackwell. Being able to do that to someone as big as Blackwell, I would be worried if I was anyone else in the back watching that match.

Tony Atlas brought into the equation against Nikita makes for an interesting situation. How do the fans react to Mr. USA against fan fave Russian Nikita? Could make for a very interesting feud.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 9-8-88

Brenda Britton and Gerry Morrow open with a special Brawls in St. Paul update. Morrow reminds everybody that the event will take place over 2 nights but if you purchase the pay per view, you will get both nights for the price of one. Morrow and Britton show highlights from Winnipeg including the surprising debut of Paul Orndorff, the shocking beatdown on Kerry Von Erich courtesy of the Asylum. Jumbo Tsuruta and Tatsumi Fujinami crashing through a table. A bloody Buzz Sawyer shattering a wooden chair over a bloody Carlos Colon's head. Venomous with a clever win over the Killer Bees. DJ Peterson rolling up Kevin Kelly. The Roses and Rich's going at it. And Tony Atlas challenging Nikita Koloff for the world title. Morrow tells Brenda that he was so impressed with the Rose's and Rich's match in Winnipeg. that he wanted to shake things up a bit. He's decided that at Brawls in St. Paul, both teams will get a title shot. Brenda calls Gerry a genius. Morrow then announces the already signed matches.

Brawls in St. Paul 

Friday Oct. 6th and Saturday Oct. 7th- 2 for 1 pay per view. 

AWA World Title Bout 

Nikita Koloff (c) vs. Tony Atlas w/Norvell Austin 

WAR GAMES MATCH

Kerry Von Erich/Carlos Colon/Tatsumi Fujinami/Gunslingers

vs.

Jumbo Tsuruta/Kokina/Buzz Sawyer/Tiger Jeet Singh/Abbuda Iaukea 

AWA World Tag Team Title Bout

The Guerreros (C) vs. The Wild Ones 

AWA National Tag Team Title Bout 

Badd Co. (C) w/Baby Doll vs. The Rose Cousins 

Paul Orndorff vs. Lanny Poffo

Crusher Blackwell vs. Rip Oliver

Mr. Olympia vs. Gary Young w/Dream Machine

The Bruisers vs. Coast to Coast w/The Vin Man

Olympians vs. Synergy 

DJ Petrson vs. Kevin Kelly w/The Vin Man-Last Man Standing 

Tom Brandi vs. Scott Putski 

Venomous vs. The Killer Bees- Losing team must unmask 

More matches to be announced 

Commercial Break 

'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff vs. Trent Watkins 

orndorff.jpg.4695d6141bd2560e81d7c36b3d57ced3.jpg

Orndorff has the crowd rock'n and wins the match with the piledriver! 

Nelson: Paul Orndoff! Welcome to the AWA. The fans in Winnipeg got a real treat as you debuted and defeated Crusher Blackwell in a matter of seconds. 

Orndorff: Mr. Wonderful is in the AWA and I'm going to set this place on fire Jack! Blackwell went down and at Brawls in St. Paul, Poffo's going down as well! 

Orndorff ends the interview with a double bicep pose. 

Commercial Break 

AWA National Tag Team Champs Badd Co. w/Baby Doll vs. Sam Smith and Hal Williams 

badcom.jpg.1e8a72679daca614fa082c29e3a5481e.jpg

Badd Co, look smooth and in sync tonight. Tanaka karate kicks Smith into a back suplex by Diamond 1..2..3! 

Nelson: Congratulations on your successful tour of Australia. Next up are the Rose Cousins at Brawls in St. Paul. 

Baby Doll: Larry Nelson, don't ever gloss over my team's accomplishments. Badd Co. took on all comers in Australia and we represented the AWA as the premier champions that we are. We come back here and find out those country bumpkin Rose's get a title shot. This is going to be way too easy. After facing the Rich's, those Rose's will have nothing left. 

Commercial Break 

We come back and see Kerry Von Erich sitting on his porch. His mid section is wrapped around. 

Kerry: Asylum! You boys made a grave mistake! Yea, you beat me up pretty good. But let me tell you something, if that's the best you got then you're in serious trouble. I begged to be put in the War Games and that's where I'm going to get sweet payback! Get ready because there's a tornado from Texas coming and I'm going to tear everything in my path down! 

Back Live 

A very nervous Larry Nelson is standing with The Asylum, Buzz Sawyer (bandage on his forehead), Jumbo Tsuruta (bandaged shoulder) and Ray Stevens. 

abbuda.jpg.80fb3378e67249e43be6447f80cbb722.jpgkokina.jpg.f9f06b888f30e4c1a37fbeaab73456ba.jpgsingh.jpg.554ad768222c45ae2df06946658147d3.jpgsawyer.jpg.570fc1e666d2b194f831c74434bf35eb.jpgjumbo.jpg.e38382b7b41404e93f709d4286cb5935.jpg

Nelson: You just heard the words of Kerry Von Erich. it all goes down....

Nelson is cut off by Abbuda Iaukea. 

Iaukea: The words of Kerry Von Erich mean nothing! Look around Nelson. Look at this unit. Do we look like men who are easily intimidated? I see a day of reckoning coming! Coming to the War Games. One by one we will dismantle and literally pick apart and torture our opponents. Gunslingers! You wanted to be heroes and get involved in our business. But you could not save the Ultimate Warrior. Kokina destroyed him and now he is nowhere to be found. That brings me to you Kerry Von Erich. You tried to be the savior but again, the Asylum took care of that. We will finish you in the War Games. Ray Stevens, go ahead and say what's on your mind. 

Stevens: Tatsumi Fujinami! You've been a real problem. You held Jumbo Tsuruta back for too long and you just won't go away. At War Games, Jumbo will dispose of you for good. He will inflict pain and he will make you submit! 

Iaukea: You see, we have a counter for all of them. That brings things to you Carlos Colon. Oh Carlos, it seems this all started with you. My father gave you everything and you betrayed him like the scum you are. I never forgot about you and now you have to deal with the Asylum and Buzz Sawyer in the cage. 

Sawyer: Colon! In Winnipeg, it felt so good shattering that chair over your bloody head! War Games is home to me and I'm going to crush your face and powerslam you through the mat, but first, I'm going to have some fun and you're going to suffer! (manacle laugh) 

Iaukea: So, you see Nelson, we fear nobody and we're not afraid of anything! War Games will be a party. 

Nelson runs away as Singh swings his sword while Sawyer swings his chain. 

Commercial Break 

Killer Bees vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez 

bees.jpg.c3b137ebee3462e9d63f428afc396eca.jpg

Bees win the match with a double flying shoulder tackle. 

Bees cut a promo and say it's time to talk because they have something to say. It's time to show the AWA who the best masked team is. That is exactly why the upcoming match with Venomous at Brawls in St. Paul will be a losers must unmask match! Venomous deserves to be embarrassed and will be humiliated! 

Commercial Break 

Scott 'Powerhouse' Putski vs. Neil Jordan 

putski.jpg.67044e38c0e3ca3225c6eefa28899ee0.jpg

Putski wins the match with the Polish Hammer! 

Putski cuts a promo and says he's excited to be facing Tom Brandi at Brawls in St. Paul.

After Putski exits, Crusher Blackwell storms out. 

blackwell.jpg.b38866d2536b43a560d8890a4449474f.jpg

Blackwell: What the hell's going on around here! I was cheated in Winnipeg and now I don't even get a rematch with that gutless cheater Orndorff. 

Nelson: Well, you do have a match with Rip Oliver at Brawls in St. Paul. You know, the guy you attacked and injured, which was the reason you wrestled Orndorff in the first place. 

Blackwell: Oliver is done! He's never coming back! Nobody can....

WHAM! 

RIP OLIVER blasts Blackwell across his back with a steel chair! Oliver picks up Blackwell and rams him face first into the steel post, busting him open. 

oliver.jpg.d2e9250547ed055503dda41da84cb1e2.jpg

Oliver: See you in St. Paul Fatwell! 

Commercial Break 

AWA TV Title Bout 

'The A-Lister' Brian Adias (C) vs. Iceman Parsons 

adias.jpg.5de878275a49dc9249146a1165731d4e.jpgiceman.jpg.94656e23827fc08a5d31075e31b69a07.jpg

Adias is in full arrogance mode as he slowly takes his sunglasses off and holds up his TV title in front of Parsons. The bell rings and Adias's arrogance goes away as Parsons goes to town on him with hip tosses, arm drags and dropkicks. The fans cheer as Parsons does a little strut. Adias charges but Parsons back drops him. Adias rolls out of the ring. Adias staggers around and grabs his TV title. Adias starts to walk away. Parsons runs out after him. Adias turns around and clocks Parsons over his head with the title. The Ref signals for the DQ. 

Nelson: Brian Adias, come on! You're a champion. Why are you resorting to cheap tactics like that? 

Adias: Look Larry, I don't have time for this. Did you know that Hollywood wants to do a movie about my life? It's true. And guess what? They want me to be the star. I mean, who else could play me, but me. So you see, I've got a major motion deal in the works. I don't have time for C level stars like Iceman Parsons. But, Iceman and I go way back, so maybe I can find a spot for him. I am still looking for a driver. You did such a bad job Larry, I'm sure Parsons couldn't do any worse. When he wakes up, have him call me. 

Adias pats Larry on the back and exits. 

Commercial Break 

AWA World Tag Team Champs The Guerreros vs. Todd Rooney and Ray Glader 

guererros.jpg.8f482316fccd720ce74e4ecf5df680d7.jpg

Hector swings Glader to the ropes and hits him in the mid section as Chavo comes off the top rope with a sunset flip for the win. 

Nelson: Welcome back from Japan. I know the competition is fierce over there, but here you are, still holding the titles. 

Chavo: The competition was fierce but it only made us better. We're excited to be back and ready for more. 

Hector: Looks like the Rich boys are next up. Bring them on! We know a little about family unity. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Joining me now are Norvell Austin and Tony Atlas. You two made quite a commotion in Winnipeg and now it's official. At Brawls in St. Paul, Tony Atlas gets his world title shot against Nikita Koloff.

Norvell: Larry, my good man, this was all meant to be. Tony Atlas beat the toughest the AWA had to offer and won the WrestleRock Rumble. That guaranteed him a world title shot. Well, we want the whole world to watch as Tony Atlas becomes the world champion on pay per view. However, before that, we would like to invite Nikita Koloff to a little competition next week. Tell him Tony. 

Atlas: Nikita, wrestling is a competition and you and I are merely competitors. You and I like to keep in shape and stay strong. Now, I think I'm stronger and have the better physique and I'm sure you think you're stronger. (Norvell smirks) So, before we go at it in St. Paul, how about next week here on TV, you and I have a friendly weight lifting contest. Say, the bench press. We'll keep going until somebody can't put the weight up anymore. What do you say Nikita? Come on, it's just a friendly competition. 

Atlas and Norvell exit as Nelson looks on with suspicion.

Commercial Break 

TV Time Remaining 

The Fantastics vs. The Glamour Boys 

fantastics.jpg.6f85e182fbf652ccdbdec5b7a7ca6f6b.jpgsimpson.jpg.8a24c045e095a2272a24a2c3d5fa33bc.jpgsdoll.jpg.9546a5251ff01c4e4a0a2930b7489d4e.jpg

Last week the Glamour Boys accused the Fantastics of being too much like them. Things stayed civil and both teams agreed to this match. During the match, we're told that Nikita Koloff has accepted Tony Atlas's weight lifting challenge. 

As for the match, we get a fun fast paced see saw battle. However, both teams barely get warmed up as the TV time expires and it's declared a draw. The show ends with the Fantastics and Glamour Boys showing disappointment. 

After the show, Gerry Morrow added 2 more matches to Brawls in St. Paul. 

The Fantastics vs. The Glamour Boys

TV Title Bout- Brian Adias (C) vs. Iceman Parsons