Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/12 - 07/18 FOOTBALL IS COMING ROME

KawadaSmile

Inject that sore loser English squad removing their silver medals into my veinsssssssssssssssss

Yes please Southgate, you did some fine 5D chess moves here with your subs, ya doofus

England is the biggest of failures and the biggest braggards. Only one title under very suspicious circumstances? Sounds like a fake inventor of the sport - maybe they stole it like they did with many countries.

Truly the Triple H of football.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NBA Finals Game 3 is tonight, with Scott Foster as one of the refs. Notorious for having an anti-Chris Paul agenda. Phoenix leads the series 2-0. After game 5, if the series goes that long, the Maria Taylor contract drama comes into play with ESPN & all the drama over her & Rachol Nichols. 

WWE writers can't even compete with the NBA in terms of storyline anymore, let alone action. 

I realize that RAW isn't until tomorrow but it needed to be said. 

Hell yeah bruh WWE writers (wrestling writers in general) need to take a look at pro sports because the drama and pettiness and bat shit insanity is a good source.

Messi being a lion playing for Barcelona but never making it for Argentina is some delightful stuff as a storyline. Ronaldo leading his national squad to their first title as essentially a coach is a great moment as well.

4 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

FFS, is this prowrestlingonly or the comments below a youtube video? Embarrassing.

Yeah, how dare long time community members shoot shit about some harmless sports topics - while still doing wrestling analogies - in a weekly TV thread instead of previewing the most soul-crushing TV show in wrestling. Fuck off with this shit.

It's 5 comments in a thread that starts before Raw and covers all of WWE's weekly TV. I'm sure you will survive some off-topic talk in the beginning. 

9 hours ago, MoS said:

Yeah, how dare long time community members shoot shit about some harmless sports topics - while still doing wrestling analogies - in a weekly TV thread instead of previewing the most soul-crushing TV show in wrestling. Fuck off with this shit.

It's 5 comments in a thread that starts before Raw and covers all of WWE's weekly TV. I'm sure you will survive some off-topic talk in the beginning. 

How about because it's pro-wrestling only. It's literally in the name of the site. The whole point is that we only talk about pro wrestling.

How about because it's every fucking week and it's tiresome. Maybe people come here to get away from other bullshit, like hearing about the political situation in Brazil and the state of the world. Or just don't want to hear some dude's shitty opinions about football or basketball or whatever.

Maybe because there's quite clearly a nastiness attached to these particular comments that is, frankly, quite offensive. Go back up, read the comment, exchange England for India (and I guess change the context to make sense) and tell me it's harmless fun.

It's not funny. It's just shit posting, and this site used to be better than that. 

So call off your attack dogs. I'm sure bubba can answer for himself anyway.

I'm sorry bubba, football will come home eventually. 

But I see your point, even though most of the things I say are connected to that wonderful sport. It's not to demean the nation of England in any other department - except for the jab at the end which refers to their imperial ways, which I'm sure they will survive. Regardless, I apologize.

I must say, though, "it used be better" is something we do say a lot to refer to pro wrestling sentiment.  

I was going toabout post something last night but then I thought "man this is a Sunday afternoon hell no"

But even then bubba, one thing I love to do when talking pro wrestling is make comparisons. I do think it, as an entertainment business, can benefit greatly from observing other popular sports, which are full of real people and real emotions. Hence why I often post the way I post - analogies are fun.

One other thing is that, like you mentioned, sometimes I post to get my mind away from the chaotic-bordering-on-dictatorship country I live in. When I do vent, I make sure to hide my wall of text behind a spoiler tag. I know that people sometimes don't want their happy morning, afternoon or evening mood ruined by a regular Brazilian dude moping, to say the least.

Still, no harsh feelings, no harm intended. It's all good bubba.

9 hours ago, rovert said:

I came here to talk about the recorded last week lame-duck final Raw in the Thunderdome show that not even the World Champion is excited about:

It sucks that RAW's booking has been so repetitive that I don't really care about Xavier Woods, who has been amazing for nearly a decade, going up against Lashley, who is just great.

Still looking forward to Kofi vs Bobby, tho.

3 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

How about because it's pro-wrestling only. It's literally in the name of the site. The whole point is that we only talk about pro wrestling.

How about because it's every fucking week and it's tiresome. Maybe people come here to get away from other bullshit, like hearing about the political situation in Brazil and the state of the world. Or just don't want to hear some dude's shitty opinions about football or basketball or whatever.

Maybe because there's quite clearly a nastiness attached to these particular comments that is, frankly, quite offensive. Go back up, read the comment, exchange England for India (and I guess change the context to make sense) and tell me it's harmless fun.

It's not funny. It's just shit posting, and this site used to be better than that. 

So call off your attack dogs. I'm sure bubba can answer for himself anyway.

I get what you are trying to say. As someone who frequently indulges in such conversations in weekly threads, this is all I have to say on this matter.

The site was named ProWrestlingOnly because when the old NMB and DVDVR posters started sharing their political beliefs, the situation became so volatile that wrestling discussion became untenable. When PWO was subsequently founded, the rule was intended to keep political discussions out of wrestling. It was never meant to end all off-topic banter, because that has never been the way forum boards operate. On this very board, I have read basketball treatises, extended soccer analogies, and exactly when and how Happy Days jumped the shark. This "it's ProWrestlingOnly, checkmate!!" is a completely fail attempt at a gotcha, cuz it ignores the history of this very board. I am sure the international posters here don't often understand all the American football analogies and posts. They don't start whining about it though.

The point about nastiness is easily explained with the vile, staggeringly racist behaviour of England fans, and the simple concept of a heel getting their comeuppance, but that's another discussion. 

Regardless, if the community decides to ban the sports banter, then it's completely fine with me

2 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Never mind all that soccer shit, Brock Lesnar has a goddamn ponytail now.

The man is somehow becoming better looking and more charismatic with age. It's a pity he only agrees to do like 5 dates a year

Saw someone mention Alexa Bliss's gimmick makes sense if you think of it as an adult version of Angelica from Rugrats and I couldn't stop  laughing.

Also Eva going all "where's Lexi?"  after she disappeared cracked me up. The great thing about Eva is that her calling someone by their shoot name could both be an actual brainfart on her part or be exactly the thing her character would do. 

Lmao when anyone gets as mad about wrestling and getting off topic and people rather shooting the shit about something actually enjoyable. It's lol on literally any board as it's almost universally men in their 30s and up raging and not realizing how stupid of a thing it is to get upset about.