Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/08 - 11/14 RIP Marilia Mendonca

KawadaSmile

OK, done watching my football team narrowly avoiding shitting their pants on national TV, time to start Raw and the first thing I see is Seth coming out looking like he raided Becky's closet. WTF?

Also they are so clearly telegraphing Owens turning heel (again), but making Big E look like a dick about it. 

16 hours ago, Rah said:

Did they take that picture at the moment they informed him of the name change?

Anyway, because it will be better than any of the weekly slog, here's that Walter/Cesaro match~

WALTER looks like he's lost some weight. Getting into that main roster shape, it seems.

Good that we are back to having those house show recordings, man. There are so many little gems that get lost due to lack of tape. I remember some years ago Goldust and Braun were having super fun matches, and you could sense Dustin was having a blast working with a bigger dude, since he was doing sommersaults and what not.

I doubt we'll ever see WALTER on the main roster, he doesn't want to live in the US full time and only agreed to NXT UK because they backed the money truck up for him. The most he'll agree to is to come over for brief visits like he's been doing. 

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

I doubt we'll ever see WALTER on the main roster, he doesn't want to live in the US full time and only agreed to NXT UK because they backed the money truck up for him. The most he'll agree to is to come over for brief visits like he's been doing. 

That has been debunked over and over by WALTER himself. He said he'd be open to moving to the U.S. 

Dave just mentioned it on WOR last night/this morning, basically said it comes down to it making financial sense. Like I said, if Vince backs the money truck up I'm sure he'll move here but in the Budget Cuts Era I don't see them offering the money it would take. 

(plus even if they did it would just move him up the list when it's time for cuts)

In an ideal world I think Walter would be the heel challenger for guys like Big E and Drew McIntyre. He would’ve been great in the territories as someone who could spend six months in a territory and move on the start murking guys somewhere else.

He absolutely looks like he stepped out of the late 70s challenging Bruno at the Garden. I've seen people who have tried to capture that look before, and while I'm not even sure WALTER is consciously going for that vibe not, he's completely nailing it. 

He also was easily able to get a single chop over as a 100% believable MURDERDEATHKILL level finish in an era often mocked for too many flips, which is one of the most impressive accomplishments of the last decade. 

Julius Creed has a sweet, sweeeeeet gutwrench powerbomb. Those two are GREAT in the ring, man.

Actually, NXT was pretty damn good yesterday. Sure, there was nearly no Bron Breakker, but the six woman tag, Saree vs KLR and the main event were very damn good. Carmelo Hayes is so damn good already, and Trick is on his way to becoming one of the company's best promos.

Looking forward to Tony vs Dexter next week.

My only (minor) complaint is that Pete vs Melo was one of those typical WWE "two guys who shouldn't be losing put in a match together" deals . Plus they had the young up and coming guy with a belt do the job just to make sure the new fans they want to draw realize that titles don't mean shit around these parts.