Pro Wrestling Only

National Wrestling Alliance

Autistic Dragon

Great to see the Haitian Sensation back in the game.

Shaska and Slick stop the S&S momentum but I'm not so sure they can do it in a tag match. We'll soon find out. 

One of my favorite feuds in the game continues (Bees vs. DWBs). Hopefully these two teams meet at the Spectacular. 

Awesome segment with Flair, Adonis and Martel. Adonis is being built up so well as is the Sherri factor. Can Flair survive them both to keep his title? This match will sell out Richmond. 

McGee plays Golden's game and wins. I loved seeing this side of Mega Man. Congratulations, you've made him a star! 

Worldwide

Tough Guy Inc. brings Big Daddy Cyrus in and are gunning for the 6 man titles. 

The Soul Man is racking up wins. 

YES! Chic Donovan gets a shot at Mega Man. Chic's been a game favorite. 

I'm hyped up for the return of the British Magician. 

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

National Wrestling Alliance - Wikipedia

NWA Live at the "Old" Charlotte Coliseum in Charlotte NC 8/16/87

The debuting Ron Slinker defeats a local talent with a Roundhouse kick.

"The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride vs Zodiac ends in a 10 minute time limit draw.

"Chief" Joe Lightfoot defeats El Santo Negro after hitting him in the leg with his "war club" then applying the Indian Death Lock.

"Shooting Star" Keiichi Yamada defeats Angel of Death with the "Shooting Star Press".

The Stud Stable (Robert Fuller & Jimmy Golden) defeat The Killer Bees (B.Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell) after a distraction from the Dirty White Boys allow the Studs to hit Blair with a Spike Piledriver.

NWA World Tag Team Titles.

The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal)(c) w/ "Precious" Paul Ellering defeat Tough Guy Inc (Don Bass & Duke Myers) w/Big Daddy Cyrus after pinning Myers with the "Doomsday Device". Ms Linda was seen observing from the aisle way.

NWA World Heavyweight Title.

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair(c) defeats Arn Anderson w/JJ Dillon in a absolute clinic that sees Anderson submit to the Figure Four. Huge hometown pop for the World Champion.

NWA Live at the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Auditorium in Jacksonville FL 8/18/87

"Super Rookie Hiroshi Hase wins a 20 man battle royal to challenge for the NWA United States Title in the main event.

The Commonwealth (Adrian Street & Bill Dundee) defeat Two local talents with "Bomb's Away" by Dundee. Paul Ellering was seen observing from the aisle way.

Big Daddy Cyrus defeats "The Polynesian Prince" Siva Afi with a spinning side slam.

"Mr Excitement" Johnny Ace defeats Jimmy Del Ray w/"Sensational" Sherri Martel with the "Ace Crusher".

Good & Plenty (Ray Candy & Sweet Brown Sugar) defeat The Dirty White Boys (Len Denton & Tony Anthony) when a distraction from The Killer Bees lead to SBS pinning Anthony with a backslide.

Brutha's in Arms (Shaska Whatley, Tiger Conway Jr & Iceman Parsons) w/Slick The S&S Express (Joe Savoldi &Shaun Simpson) & "Raging Bull" Manny Fernandez when Slick distracted the referee allowing Stan Hansen to run in & hit Fernandez with the Lariat letting Parsons get the pin.

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes defeats Ole Anderson w/JJ Dillon by DQ when Buddy Landel ran in & attacked Rhodes.

NWA United States Title.

Stan The Lariat Hansen(c) defeats "Super Rookie" Hiroshi Hase after powering out of the "Scorpion Death Lock" & hitting the Lariat. Hansen looked to continue assaulting Hase after the bell but Manny Fernandez ran down & a massive pull-apart brawl broke out which took the entire security team to break up. The whole time, the crowd was chanting "let them fight".

Great card in Charlotte.

13 time blackbelt champ, Ron Slinker returns to the game with a debuting win. 

The Haitian Sensation takes Zodiac to the limit.

The fans might not like it, but Lightfoot's change of attitude is racking him up some wins. 

Stud Stable pick up a big win over the Bees as the tag team competition remains fierce. 

Speaking of tag teams, it's going to be hard taking the straps off the Warriors. 

Can't think of a better way to end the night than with a Flair/Double A world title bout. 

Jacksonville,

Hase gets the battle royal win, but not sure facing Hansen is a prize LOL. 

Commonwealth are looking strong heading into their match with the Warriors. 

Big Daddy and Mr. Excitement pick up solid wins over very credible competition. 

Bees pull one over on the DWBs to allow Good & Plenty to score the crowd pleasing win. 

Hansen's going to pay for that.

Landel better get ready because Dream has a score to settle.

I knew Manny would be back. Great visual to end the show with these two wanting to tear into each other. 

Great card in Charlotte!

Always happy to see the Stud Stable pick up a win. No better main event I could think of for Charlotte than Flair vs. Double A!

Jacksonville gets a fun card as well.

Big win for "Super Rookie" Hase in the battle royal to earn a US title shot at Hansen!

I've always liked Street & Dundee as a team....good to see them together in the NWA.

Happy to see Good & Plenty still together! I prefer "Candy Man" Ray Candy to Kareem Muhammad.

Landel/Rhodes just feels natural here....a lot of mileage in that feud.

WOW!!!  Tough week for Dillion... Clean win for Flair over Arn and Dusty over Ole!  Also enjoying the role of Hansen.  Good work giving a nice balanced card.  We see openers like Slinker and Pride, great midcard matches like Good n Plenty vs Dirty White Boys and the Studd Stable vs The Killer Bees + some big main events at the end of the night.  Great job

The NWA continues to do work. I am a fan of Hansen and the US title and how he will be next in line to go against Flair. Rhodes and Flair vs the Andersons... what a match that could be... and then the turn of Flair rejoining... lol... and Buddy Landel as the 4th... I am booking this myself in my head. I want to see the Manny and Hansen blow up in a one on one and they could tear the entire arena apart.

WWE Network Roundup (Nov. 22-28): Survivor Series, NWA World Championship  Wrestling - Cageside Seats

From the Cumberland County Memorial Auditorium in Fayetteville NC.

Previously recorded/Airing on 8/20/87 on the USA Network.

On Commentary: Bob Caudle & Tony Schiavone.

Ring announcer: David Crockett.

Commando Boone vs Barry O

We begin this weeks episode with a new arrival to the NWA, the 6'2 440 lbs Commando Boone. While his long hair & thick beard certainly don't look up to military regulation, he cuts an undoubtedly imposing figure as he marches around ringside wearing camouflage waving old glory to the delight of the fans. As soon as the bell rings, he charges across the ring & crushes Barry with a splash in the corner. O staggers out & is scooped up by Boone who plants him center ring with a slam. No sooner than him bouncing off the mat, Boone is already running the ropes & coming back with a huge splash for the dominating 1...2...3!

El Santo Negro vs Ron Slinker

Another new comer in the NWA is Ron Slinker. Commentary hype his background as a 13 time karate champion as well as a black belt in Judo. We see a stark contrast in styles as Santo's repeated tries to speed the match up are thwarted by either a stiff kick of a hard throw. In desperation, Santo tries for a springboard move off the ropes but Slinker ducks under it. Impressively, Santo lands on his feet & is able to execute a forward roll before turning around & charging Slinker. Unfortunately the martial arts master was ready with a Roundhouse kick that caught the luchador square in the chest & a quick cover lead to the decisive victory.

"Jumping" Joe Savoldi vs Tiger Conway Jr w/Slick

Savoldi was clearly upset over how his partner was cheated last week & was looking to balance the scales so to speak. He had Conway rocking throughout with a flurry of high speed, high impact offense. Conway was able to use his experience to create several openings but has trouble keeping anything going against the fired up Savoldi. Slick attempts to turn the tide by tripping Savoldi as he's coming off the ropes but unlike last week, his interference is spotted & he's ejected from ringside. The absence of his manager is the final nail in the coffin for Conway & he falls to a missile dropkick.

"Shooting Star" Keiichi Yamada & "Super Rookie" Hiroshi Hase vs The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Arn & Ole Anderson) w/JJ Dillon

Commentary explain that Yamada & Hase have bonded over their experiences being in a foreign land & have decided to test the waters in the tag team division. They'll be testing in the deep end however as they've been paired against the former World Tag Team champions. While both japanese stars  are more than capable in one-on-one exchanges the superior teamwork of the Andersons repeatedly shines through. This is seen in the finish when a miscue causes the Japanese duo to crash into each other allowing the Andersons to throw Yamada to the floor & hit Hase with a double Gordbuster for the win. After this unsuccessful debut, is the idea of a Yamada/Hase team over before it begins.

NWA World Television Title

Tom "MegaMan" McGee(c) vs "Golden Boy" Chic Donavon w/"Sensational" Sherri Martel

Donovan has been focusing on the tag scene since joining Radiance so this serves as something of a coming out party for what he can do as a singles star. Donovan throws whatever he can think of at the champion determined to bring the first piece of gold to the faction. Between his opponent's skill & the ever present hellcat that is Martel, McGee has his work cut out for him but with the fans behind him he weathers the storm & scores his slingshot legdrop for another successful defense.

Road Warrior Hawk w/"Precious" Paul Ellering vs "Exotic" Adrain Street w/Ms Linda

You're never seen two opponents look so drastically different from each other than in this match. The black leather Mad Max inspired look of Hawk collides with the flamboyant, bedazzled appearance of the man from the "Royal Forrest of Dean" who takes his time getting into the ring as he struts about to his self-sung theme "Imagine what I could do to you". Anyone who was expecting to see Hawk tear the prancing Brit apart is sorely disappointed as the World Tag Team Champion is quickly introduced to one of the best kept secrets in wrestling. That underneath all the dancing & glittery face paint, Adrian Street is on of the toughest men in the sport with three decades of experience to back it up. The result is a bruising, stiff & snug match that leaves both men hobbling around in pain. Taking advantage of a chance to turn things in her man's favor, Ms Linda takes advantage of a distracted referee to nail Hawk with her purse. While this has the effect of bringing Ellering over which had Linda backing away nervously, it also causes Hawk to stumble backwards into Street who pulls him down in a crucifix position. Instead of taking the Road Warrior over into a pin however, he grapevines Hawk's right arm while turning the left into a Cobra Clutch. While the Chicago native struggles mightily, he just doesn't have enough left & eventually passed out in the hold. Ms Linda has to help the wheezing Street to his feet but there's no doubt the Commonwealth have sent a powerful message to the champions.

World Wide Wrestling Joins the National Wrestling Alliance - Alliance  Wrestling.com

Taped at the Cumberland County Memorial Auditorium before WCW.

Originally airing on 8/21/87 on the USA Network.

With your host "The Dean of professional wrestling" Gordon Solie!

"The Polynesian Prince" Siva Afi defeats Dusty Wolfe with a jumping headbutt.

Big Daddy Cyrus defeats George South with a spinning side slam.

The Killer Bees (B. Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell) defeat "Tough" Tony Falk & Scorpion with a double dropkick on Scorpion.

Main event. Winner challenges for the NWA World Television Title on next week's WCW.

"Chief" Joe Lightfoot defeats "Mr Excitement" Johnny Ace with the Indian Death Lock.

In other news...

After their win, the Killer Bees cut a promo on their feud with the Dirty White Boys. They reveal that they've signed on the dotted line & they'll be meeting the DWB's at the Labor Day Spectacular...in a Southern Street Fight!

We see another video hyping the return of Steve Wright revealing he'll make his return on next week's WCW.

Solie announces the return of the Starrcade Cup! He says he'll reveal the new format & reveals it shall begin the first WCW after the Spectacular with the finals taking place on October 31st when the NWA presents Fright Night!

Boone arrives with a splash! Glad Boone went to a good home. I enjoyed writing for him. 

Slinker puts his martial arts skills to good use.

Slick's interference backfires and Jumping Joe takes advantage to even things up with the Brutha's.

I hope Yamada and Hase don't get to discouraged. No shame in losing to the Andersons in their debut.

Donovan gives McGee a match, but the Mega Man continues to shine.

WOW! Hawk just found out, never underestimate Street's toughness. This is what made Street special. Commonwealth defiantly has the edge going into the tag title bout. 

Worldwide,

Good showcases for Siva, Cyrus and the Bees.

Lightfoot gets the TV title shot. Lightfoot's been on a serious streak and might be the one to dethrone the Mega Man. 

Bees vs. DWBs in a street fight. Bring it on! 

Can't wait for Wright's arrival. He had a tremendous run last time. 

YES! The Starrcade Cup is back. I thought this was a great idea. 

Yamada/Hase could be a great team to watch develop here in the NWA, I hope they stick together, no shame in losing to the Andersons.

Wow...Road Warrior Hawk is the match I never I needed until today! I could just see this one unfold as I read it...nice job!

I chuckle every single time I see Johnny Ace's moniker of "Mr Excitement"....oh, the irony!

Looking forward to the Starrcade Cup!

NWA Live at the Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro NC 8/23/87

"Exotic Adrain Street wins a 20 man battle royal to challenge for the NWA World Heavyweight Title in the main event.

Commando Boone defeats Ron Slinker with a big splash.

Big Daddy Cyrus defeats El Santo Negro with a spinning side slam.

"Superstar" Bill Dundee w Ms Linda defeats "The Polynesian Prince" Siva Afi with "Bombs Away".

"Soul Man" Rocky Johnson defeats Black Bart with the "Soul Man Shuffle".

"Shooting Star" Keiichi Yamada & "Super Rookie" Hiroshi Hase defeat Tough Guy Inc (Don Bass & Duke Myers) when Hase pinned Bass with a victory roll.

The Stud Stable (Robert Fuller & Jimmy Golden) defeat The Killer Bees (B. Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell) when the Dirty White Boys snuck down to ringside & attacked Blair leaving Brunzell vulnerable to a Spike Piledriver.

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair(c) vs "Exotic" Adrain Street w/Ms Linda ends in a 60 minute time limit draw. Flair offers a handshake after the match which Street begrudgingly accepts.

NWA Live at the Memorial Auditorium in Greenville SC 8/25/87

Giant Haystacks defeats 3 local talents by piling them on top of each other and dropping a elbow on the pile.

"The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride defeats Butch Moffitt with a Flying Bodypress.

Spartanburg Vice (Jerry Bryant & Lou Winston) vs The New Breed (Chris Champion & Sean Royal) ends in a double disqualification.

"Adorable" Adrian Adonis w Sensational Sherri Martel defeats "Lone Star" Brian Adidas with "Goodnight Irene"

Iceman Parsons w/Slick defeats "Mr Excitement" Johnny Ace with a Piledriver.

NWA United States Tag Team Titles

Brutha's in Arms Shaska Whatley Tiger Conway Jr w/Slick defeat Good & Plenty (Ray Candy & Sweet Brown Sugar) when a distraction from Slick leads to a double DDT on Candy.

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes, Bruiser Brody & "Raging Bull Manny Fernandez defeat The Horsemen (Buddy Landel & The Andersons) by DQ when Stan Hansen stormed the ring & attacked Fernandez. The Horsemen regroup & join in & the show ends with the faces laying in heaps while the heels stand tall as boos rain down.

Street gets his shot tonight.

Slinker's martial arts skills couldn't save him from Boone's splash.

Cyrus is making his presence known.

Miss Linda has Dundee on track.

Soul Man's big win over Bart moves him up the rankings. 

Good to see Hase and Yamada sticking together. This could be the next big team in the NWA.

DWBs are going to pay.

WOW! Flair and Street give the fans a 60 minute classic. Great stuff! It's nice to see Street getting a lot of love in the game. 

Greenville

Haystacks beating 3 guys is always a sight to see.

Haitian Sensation excites the crowd.

Spartanburg Vice and the New Breed are vying for title shots. 

Adonis continues to get ready for Flair.

Iceman stops the exciting Johnny Ace.

After that win by the Brutha's, S&S better be on their A game. 

Stan the Man causes all hell to break loose with the heels standing tall. 

Anybody who knows me knows I'm huge fan of Adrian Street, love what you have been doing with him and would pay good money to see that match with Flair!

The Bruthas beat Good & Plenty with some help from Slick....Slickster may need to recruit those guys!

I really love the team of Landel and the Andersons....but wow, if The Dream, The Bruiser, and The Bull isn't a helluva team as well! 

Solid shows as always!

WWE Network Roundup (Nov. 22-28): Survivor Series, NWA World Championship  Wrestling - Cageside Seats

From the Macon Coliseum in Macon Ga.

Previously recorded/Airing on 8/27/87 on the USA Network.

On Commentary: Bob Caudle &Tony Schiavone

Ring announcer: David Crockett

"British Magician" Steve Wright vs Barry O

The Macon crowd give the returning Wright a warm welcome back as commentary hype the tremendous run he had last time he was in the territory. Wright puts on an absolute clinic, picking O apart with classic British wrestling before locking in his famous Octopus hold for the submission victory. Wright is in as fine if form as ever & could definitely be in title contention before too long.

The Grapplers vs The Celestial Trinity (Jason the Terrible & Angel of Death)

The feud between these teams had seemingly cooled recently but you wouldn't know that by watching the way these four tore into each other. Hard strikes & power moves abound as each duo looked to soften the other up before their elimination title match at the Labor Day Spectacular. The end sees Jason holding Grappler #1 as AoD is in position for the Death Sentence but just as the big man comes off the ropes, Grappler breaks free causing AoD to wipe out his own partner. Grappler capitalizes with a Lariat as AoD is checking on Jason for the 1...2...3.

Tom "MegaMan" McGee(c) vs "Chief" Joe Lightfoot

Lightfoot brings his new vicious streak to the forefront as he targets the champions leg in an attempt to prime it for the Indian Death Lock. McGee is hobbling towards the end but guts it out long enough to hit his slingshot legdrop to retain in a nailbiter. As McGee is celebrating with the fans, he casts a serious look towards the aisle & the camera reveals Norman Smiley with a look of assessment on his face.

NWA World Tag Team Champion Road Warrior Animal w/"Precious" Paul Ellering vs Giant Haystacks w/Ms Linda

We get a memorable moment at the start of the match as the two bruisers stare daggers at each other with the crowd treated to a rare scene of Animal having to look UP at his opponent. The match itself isn't honestly much to look at with the two big men just pounding on each other but the crowd is seemingly entranced regardless. Animal keeps trying to go for a slam but while he is able to get Haystacks off his feet at times, the British behemoth fights him off each time. Animal & Haystacks are throwing haymakers (heh) at each other when Ms Linda gets up on the apron in an attempt to do.... something. We never find out her exact plans however, as Ellering runs over, pulls her down off the apron then slings her over his shoulder & carries her to the locker room as she pounds on his back the whole time. Haystacks is infuriated by his valet getting manhandled & takes his eye off the prize long enough for Animal to run the ropes and come back with a massive shoulder block. Haystacks tumbles back to the ropes which propel him back towards Animal who catches him in what may be the biggest Powerslam in wrestling history leading to the 3 & a huge pop!

"Raging Bull" Manny Fernandez & NWA World Heavyweight Champion "Nature Boy" Ric Flair vs "Adorable Adrian Adonis w/"Sensational" Sherri Martel & NWA United States Champion Stan "The Lariat" Hansen

While this is a tag team match, it mainly acts as two singles matches as each man spends their time going after his opponent at the Labor Day Spectacular. A lot of brawling but with plenty of wrestling thrown in to prevent things from getting stale. Curiously JJ Dillon comes down to ringside and stands next to Martel but seems to be trying to have a conversation with.... Hansen? Things break down towards the finish with all four men brawling in the ring. Hansen tries for a Lariat on Fernandez who ducks under before coming off the ropes catching Hansen with the "Flying Burrito" just as he turns around! The ref counts 3 & the crowd erupts as Fernandez has pinned the United States Champion! Flair & Adonis are still fighting on the floor while Hansen groggily rolls to the floor. He shakes the cobwebs lose & looks to re-enter the ring before Dillon grabs his arm & whispers something in his ear. Hansen grumbles but goes to the back with Dillon. Caudle & Schiavone hard-sell the Labor Day Spectacular as the show goes off the air to the scene of Fernandez celebrating with raucous fans.

World Wide Wrestling Joins the National Wrestling Alliance - Alliance  Wrestling.com

Taped at the Macon Coliseum before WCW.

Originally airing on 8/28/87

With your host "The Dean of professional wrestling" Gordon Solie!

Spartanburg Vice (Jerry Bryant & Lou Winston) defeat "Tough" Tony Falk & Dusty Wolfe with the "Spartanburg Special" on Wolfe.

Ron Slinker defeats "Stray Cat" Brodie Chase with a Roundhouse kick.

Commando Boone defeats Mitch Snow with a big splash.

Main event. Winner challenges for the NWA World Television Title at the Labor Day Spectacular.

"Black Magic" Norman Smiley w Ms Linda defeats El Santo Negro with the "Norman Conquest"

In other news....

Solie reveals the format for the returning Starrcade Cup. Eight wrestlers will be grouped into two four man blocks will compete in a round robin tournament. The matches will air on WCW with A block & B block alternating weeks. The winners of the two blocks will meet on the NWA's Halloween special Fright Night which will air live on the USA Network from The Omni in Atlanta GA. The winner of that match will earn the right to challenge for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship at Starrcade 87, the NWA's final pay-per-view of the year. The wrestlers competing in each block will be announced during the Labor Day Spectacular.

The British Magician is back and better than ever.

Grapplers gain momentum heading into Labor Day while The Trinity seem to be off sync. 

Lightfoot gives McGee a scare, but Mega Man retains as Smiley awaits. 

Lots of fun chaos in the Animal/Haystacks match but the big story is the visual of Animal powerslamming Haystacks! Damn! 

Blockbuster main event! Manny gets an exciting pin on Hansen! Great set up for Labor Day. Flair and Adonis is going to rock. I wonder what JJ's intentions are with Hansen? 

Worldwide,

Good showcases for Spartanburg, Slinker and Boone. This show does a great job of keeping talent in the spotlight.

Smiley's tuned up and ready for Mega Man.

I can't wait for the Starrcade Cup. I loved it last time and it really puts importance on the world title and Starrcade. 

Airing live from the Richmond Coliseum in Richmond VA on the USA Network on 9/5/87, the National Wrestling Alliance is proud to present the 1987 Labor Day Spectacular!

NWA World Six Man Tag Team Titles elimination match. Order of elimination

The Grappler eliminated Angel of Death with a running knee lift. 

Jason the Terrible eliminated Grappler 2 after hitting him in the ribs with the axhandle.

Jason the Terrible & The Grappler were both counted out while brawling on the floor.

"Lone Star Brian Adidas eliminated Zodiac with the "Oriental Spike".

Winners and STILL NWA World Six Man Tag Team Champions: Brian Adidas & The Grapplers!

NWA World United States Tag Team Titles.

The S&S Express (Joe Savoldi & Shaun Simpson) defeat Brutha's in Arms (Shaska Whatley & Tiger Conway Jr) w/Slick- Slick gets on the apron as Savoldi & Conway are throwing hands center ring. Conway sees him & tries to whip Conway into Slick but Savoldi reverses it & Conway crashes into his own manager. Savoldi plants Conway with a scoop slam then tags in Simpson for the "Express Lane". Savoldi prevents Whatley from breaking up the pin & we have NEW United States Tag Team Champions! Slick sees the new championd celebrating, looks to his clients trying to pick themselves up then just shakes his head & walks away.

NWA World Television Title.

Tom "MegaMan" McGee(c) vs "Black Magic" Norman Smiley w/Ms Linda

We're coming up on the end of the time limit when McGee has Smiley in position for the slingshot legdrop but Ms Linda grabs his leg. He shakes her off & goes for the move but Smiley rolls out of the way & the champ crashes down hard. Smiley rushed over & slaps on the "Norman Conquest" McGee tries to fight it but Smiley puts him in a grapevine leaving him no choice but to tap out. NEW CHAMPION!!!!!

Southern Street Fight.

The Killer Bees B. Brian Blair Jim Brunzell) vs The Dirty White Boys (Len Denton & Tony Anthony)

These teams have been going at each other for a couple months now and tonight they settle the score once and for all. We get about 14 minutes of chaos which ends with the Bees putting Anthony through a table with a rocket launcher for the hard-fought victory.

NWA World Tag Team Titles

The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal)(c) w/ "Precious" Paul Ellering vs The Commonwealth (Adrian Street & Bill Dundee) w/Ms Linda

There's intrigue even before the bell rings as Paul Ellering is not beside his charges as they make their way to the wing with the champs stopping occasionally to check behind them. They're all business once the match officially begins however. All four have their working boots on & the veterans Street & Dundee guide the champs to a gripping tag title match. After about 17 minutes a commotion goes through the live crowd as Giant Haystacks stomps down to ringside with Paul Ellering over his shoulder! He stops just shy of ringside & lets Ellering fall to the floor, raises his fists to the sky & lets out a bellowing roar. Hawk is enraged & rushes the behemoth & we get a fight in the aisle. Referee Theodore Long is trying to call Hawk back & doesn't see Animal hit Dundee with a massive powerslam. Taking advantage of this, Ms Linda slides one of the tag title belts to Street who brings it crashing down on Animals back before rolling the two of them over so Dundee is on top. He gets Long's attention who slides down to make the 1...2...3. We have NEW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS & the crowd are pissed!

NWA United States Title.

Stan "The Lariat" Hansen(c) vs "Raging Bull" Manny Fernandez 

The crowd eat this one up as they get 20 minutes of two of the toughest men in wrestling just beating the holy hell out of each other with commentary hyping the resielance of both men the whole time. At around the 15 minute mark JJ Dillon makes his way to ringside but he initially just stands in a neutral corner observing. After a particularly heated exchange, Fernandez runs the ropes looking to set up the "Flying Burrito" but as he does so, Hansen grabs ahold of referee Nick Patrick complaining about his eye. This provides an opening for Dillon to reach in & trip Fernandez. Hansen shoves Patrick away before running the ropes himself & leveling Fernandez with the Lariat for the tainted win. Buddy Landel & The Andersons come down & get in the ring & applaud while Dillon hands Hansen the United States Title before offering a handshake. Hansen hesitates for just a moment before taking the handshake & we get a shot of the men all standing together each raising four fingers.

We get the announcement of who will be competing in the Starrcade Cup. Block A will consist of "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes, Giant Haystacks,"Soul Man" Rocky Johnson & Arn Anderson while Block B will consist of "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel, Bruiser Brody, "Exotic" Adrain Street & a mystery participant! Block A will kick us off on the next episode of WCW with Dusty Rhodes vs Giant Haystacks & Rocky Johnson vs Arn Anderson.

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair c vs "Adorable" Adrian Adonis w/"Sensational" Sherri Martel 

Before the bell rings it's announced that if anyone interferes in this match, they will be suspended indefinitely. These two go about 28 minutes. Give Adonis credit he's on his A game tonight. Flair makes his challenger look like a million bucks. Martel gets involved whenever she can but restrains herself so as to not be thrown out. The end sees Adonis brings the crowd to their feet when he catches Flair in "Goodnight Irene". Commentary hypes that Flair hasn't been able to break this hold before & you get the feeling a new champion is about to be crowned. Flair struggles with all his might but appears to be fading but JUST as he's about to pass out, he gets a surge of adrenaline & connects with a jawbreaker to escape the hold! Adonis refuses to be denied however & goes to put the move on again but as he approaches, Flair lies flat on his back before reaching up with his legs and pulling Adonis down into a victory roll for the surprise 3 count! Flair is excausted but manages to pull himself up and even offers a handshake to Adonis. Adonis teases accepting but ultimately knocks Flair's hand away before leaving the ring in a huff alongside Sherri. Nevertheless a great match & we close the show on a scene of a victorious champion celebrating with his adoring (pardon the pun) fans.

Lone Star is the last man standing to retain the 6 man titles. Great way to kick things off.

After a classic feud with Radiance and a great chase to the Brutha's, all the hard work pays off as S&S capture the US tag titles! What a feel good story. Congrats! 

Smiley is the one to finally take down Mega Man and end his TV title reign. After his tremendous title run, McGee is now a star.

I would defiantly say the Bees finished things off with the DWBs after that finish. I really enjoyed this feud.

We get the shocker of the year as Commonwealth wins the World titles. Haystacks and Linda had a lot to do with this but it's still a huge win over the Road Warriors. I'm glad Street and Dundee are getting a lot of love here. 

Thanks to JJ, Hansen wins the brawl against Manny. But the real story here is Hansen is a Horsemen! These 4 guys are going to wreak havoc on the NWA! 

Whoever wins the Starrcade Cup will defiantly earn that shot. Look at the talent competing! 

Flair and Adonis close out the show on a high note. Adonis looks strong as he goes down in defeat. Hopefully we get one more match.

Great card AD! 

I really enjoyed that show in the Richmond Coliseum.  So many big matches with some angles coming to an end and others just getting started.

I think you did an amazing job with Tom Magee and his TV run but I think you made a good choice in taking the title off of him.  This title run could be used as a stepping stone for Norman Smiley.

Huge win for the Killer B's over The Dirty White Boys in a Southern Streetfight.  This type of match just screams White Boys but by you giving the win the the Bee's, it shows that they are ready for a big push.  Nice booking.

WOW... Road Warriors go down!  Street and Dundee will make interesting champs to say the least.

Hansen with a big win but then seems to have some new friends.  This is going to be very interesting!

Adonis gave it a nice shot!  Wonder if he gets a rematch!

Looking forward to Starrcade!

Great job!

From the Winthrop Coliseum in Rock Hill SC.

Previously recorded/Airing on 8/10/87 on the USA Network.

On Commentary: Bob Caudle & Tony Schiavone

Ring Announcer: David Crockett

The South Pacific Connection (Siva Afi & Cocoa Samoa) vs Patrick Linus Parsons & Lias Dosiefy Irwin.

Commentary hype the history of the South Pacific Connection & their stints in both the USWA & Western States Wrestling. They don't seem to have lost a step as well they bounce their opposition all around the ring before finishing Irwin off with a double headbutt. The rest of the tag division will be keeping an eye on these two.

Tony Schiavone: Ladies & Gentlemen, my guests at this time are a group that are once again operating at full strength after the Labor Day Spectacular, accompanied by JJ Dillon, The Four Horsemen!

(The crowd erupts in boos as the five men make their way to the ring. Landel & Dillon are out in front wearing finely cut Italian suits, The Andersons are right behind in their long pants & golf shirts. Arn completes his look with a nice looking fedora hat. Hansen bringing up the rear is an almost jarring contrast in his chaps, tusseled vest & cowboy hat. Another difference is that while the previous four all had looks of smug self-assurance, Hansen bore his trademark snarl that only became more entrenched by the fans hostility.)

TS: Well I have to admit JJ, this is an incredible collection of talent you've amassed here, but I think we're all curious to know, what did it take for Stan Hansen to become the Fourth Horseman?

(Dillon goes to respond but Hansen puts a hand on his shoulder & approaches the mic while giving Schiavone a look that would curdle milk.)

SH: You wanna know how Stan Hansen became a Horseman huh? Well it's real simple *Hansen shoves the United States Title so far into Schiavone's face he has to lean his head back.) Ya see this belt right here? This belt says I'm the number one contender to the World Heavyweight Championship but ever since I won this thing three stinkin' months ago I ain't heard one word from nobody about getting my shot. So Dillon comes up to me & makes me a deal I'd be a dang fool to refuse. I join the Four Horsemen & he gets me my well deserved shot at the World Title.

TS: And your sure he can arrange this for you?

*Hansen fixes Dillon a hard look* He will if he knows what's good for him.

JJ: Stanley, Stanley don't worry about a thing. I know every trick those snakes can pull. You'll get your shot, I guarantee it.

(Hansen seems somewhat appeased by this & turns around walks to the Andersons who seem to try & talk to him. Dillon allows a brief look of discomfort to pass his features before returning his smirk to its proper place.)

TS: Moving on, I'm curious about how your all reacting to both Buddy Landel & Arn Anderson being entered into the Starrcade Cup.

BL: I'll tell you what we think, we think this is gonna be the most anticlimactic tournament in wrestling history. I mean look who they stick me with in Block B. A Brit who looks like he only became a wrestler because it gave him an excuse to wear tights, a braindead barbarian who still thinks it's the ice age & somebody to scared to even tell us who they are. Meanwhile Arny here just has get passed the Wet Dream Dusty Whodes, some clown who can't decide if he wants to dance or fight & a Brit with more chins then moves. No doubt about you're looking at the finals of the Starrcade Cup right here brother!

TS: And after that?

BL: Then we meet up at Fright Night, shake hands like gentlemen then Arnoldo does the right thing.

TS: Is that true Arn? Are you gonna do the "right thing"?

AA: Why Schiavone, I'm surprised you even feel the need to ask. I always do the right thing *fixes Landel a look* for the Horsemen.

BL: There you see! He's gonna do....hey wait a minute.

JJ:*hurriedly grabs the mic* Alright this interviews over.

Khnum Gunni Murdoch & Valerio Salathihel West vs ?&?

(Slick makes his way down & takes the mic David Crockett uses to make announcements) Now the Slickster knows how much y'all were hoping see the Brutha's in Arms whoop on these two bit fools here but after the little....sitiation at the Labor Day Spectacla' we decided it was time for the Brutha's to move on. But don't worry folks cause the Slickster is still the man to see for all y'alls wrasslin needs. Not only do I still have my main man Iceman Parsons but allow me to introduce the newest members of Black Diamond Entertainment... Fidel Sierra.... Ricky Santana....Los Cubanos!

Sierra & Santana certainly make an impression as they tear into their opponents to the delight of Slick. Murdoch goes down to a double gutbuster & Black Diamond Entertainment is off to a strong start.

"Black Magic Norman Smiley(c) w/Ms Linda vs "Lone Star" Brian Adidas

Commentary explain that in place of the usual qualifier match, Adidas earned this title shot by virtue of being the sole survivor of the Six Man elimination tag match. The Six Man Tag champ gives a good showing of himself but it's clear that Smiley is the better mat wrestler. With the added coaching of Ms Linda, Smiley is able to overcome the experience gap & Adidas is forced to tap to the "Norman Conquest"

Starrcade Cup. Block A match

"Soul Man" Rocky Johnson vs Arn Anderson w/JJ Dillon

Between the heat on the Horsemen & the charisma of Johnson, the fans really come alive for the opening bout of the Starrcade Cup. These two put on a great TV match though you get the feeling they could turn it up even more. The end sees Johnson building momentum & running the ropes for something big, but Arn distracts the ref allowing Dillon to reach in & grab Johnson's foot. Johnson kicks him off & charges anyway a regrouped Anderson catches him in a spinebuster for the first win of the tournament.

Starrcade Cup. Block A match.

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes vs Giant Haystacks w/Ms Linda.

Not near as polished as the previous match but the crowd is on the edge of their seats regardless as they wait to see if their hero can withstand the onslaught of the Commonwealth's monster. Rhodes plays face in peril & Haystacks looks like a killer throughout. Eventually the fight spills to the outside, and Haystacks goes to splash Rhodes into the guardrail but Dusty moves & the British behemoth crashes through the guardrail causing the fans in the first few rows to back away in shock. Rhodes makes it back into the ring & while Haystacks does stir, it's not enough to beat the referee's count giving the American Dream his first win to a huge pop from the crowd.