Pro Wrestling Only

National Wrestling Alliance

Autistic Dragon

Starrcade! YES! 

Ray Charles gets the night going.

We get a big surprise right off the bat as AOD shows up and helps Zodiac and Jason get the 6 man titles back. Jeez, who can stop these monsters? I have to give Adias and the Grapplers props on a nice run. 

Boyd has some serious back up with the heat magnet Debeers. However, Haystacks has a solid friend in Smiley. The Commonwealth feud has some good buzz going. 

I'm sure the fans loved seeing Slick's interference backfire. S&S retain as their strong reign continues. 

The New Breed/Spartanburg feud was very well built up and what a blow off! After winning a high profile Dog Collar match, the New Breed are the team to watch in 88. 

A lot of heat in the 3 way match. Commonwealth survive and I'm sure are ready for anybody. 

The Hansen/Brody match ended exactly how you would expect with wild and crazy double c.o. Watching them brawl is well worth the price of admission. 

I'm so glad we got to see the battle of the Nature Boys at the grandest stage. These guys delivered and gave the fans an epic main event. Landell found out why Flair is the dirtiest player in the game. It's a lot of fun watching Flair battling all the heel challengers. Looking forward to his reign in 88.

You showed why Starrcade is the NWA's premier event. Great job! 

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dirtsheet - The War Z, EA's Microtransactions, Assassin's Creed IV:  Pirate Edition | GodisaGeek.com

The National Wrestling Allianpce shall not be airing their usual television programs during the weekend of the 26th and 27th. This is due to a snowstorm shutting down the planned taping for these events. Sources confirm that they will be returning on December 3rd with World Championship Wrestling.

This is shaping up to be an interesting episode as Jonathan Boyd has been booked to defend the NWA World Television Title against a recent signing. We were not able to identify this wrestler beyond sources saying he is "one of the foremost international talents in the business". But what will definitely get everyone's attention is the main event, NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair teams with Bruiser Brody, "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes & "The Raging Bull" Manny Fernandez to take on all Four Horsemen in a eight man tag team match!

image.png.9ee91fe0e6de71923f89fe9029721918.png

From the Grady Cole Center in Charlotte NC.

Previously recorded & airing on 12/3/87 on the USA Network.

On Commentary: Bob Caudle & Tony Schiavone.

Ring announcer: David Crockett.

Buffalo Soldiers vs Tough Guy Inc (Don Bass & Duke Myers)

Fans were curious to see who the Buffalo Soldiers were which gave way to excitement when they realized it was the returning Brickhouse Brown & Ranger Ross. The two showed solid teamwork against the always dangerous Tough Guys with Ross claiming victory for his team with the "Combat kick" on Myers.

Sweet Brown Sugar vs Angel of Death

The towering menace made his shocking return at Starrcade reuniting the Celestial Trinity and reclaiming the World Six Man Tag Team Titles. AoD's stint on the west coast certainly hasn't mellowed him out at all and he spent the entire match pounding away on SBS before finishing him off with the "Death Sentence". With AoD back in the fold, the Celestial Trinity is poised for a reign of terror in the six man tag ranks.

Tom "MegaMan" McGee vs "Chief" Joe Lightfoot

These two put on a physical back-and-forth match with Lightfoot's roughhouse tactics being put to "good" use in a effort to negate McGee's superior athleticism. Lightfoot sees an opportunity to end the match with his trusty "war club" but as he's lining up the shot, Tyree Pride runs down and swipes it from his hands. This enrages Lightfoot who gets so caught up shouting threats at Pride he allows himself to be caught in a O'Connor roll to give McGee the win.

Tony Schiavone: Ladies & Gentlemen, my guest at this time is fresh off a successful title defense at Starrcade. Charlotte give a big "welcome home" to the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair!

*The roof of the Grady Cole Center is nearly blown off the "Queen City" erupts in cheers for their hometown hero. Flair is all smiles as he walks the aisle slapping hands with fans with a few eager ladies pulling the champ in for a peck on the cheek*

TS: Well champ, you & Buddy Landel had an absolute classic at Starrcade. Now that you've got him in the rearview mirror, what can we expect from you next?

RF: Well Tony Schiavone first things first *Flair makes a show of clearing his throat* WWWWWHHHHHHOOOOOOOO! *Huge pop* but in all seriousness, the NWA's got another big show coming up in a few weeks, Christmas Chaos and I just know they're gonna want yours truly front-and-center putting the Ten Pounds of Gold on the line. Well Jim Crockett Jr, you find whoever you can and get'em to sign on the dotted line and the Naitcha Boy will do what he does better than anyone alive, walk that aisle and put on the show of a wrestling lifetime! And after I get my hand raised one more time in 1987, I'll be carrying the NWA into 1988 with a smile on my face and....

*Flair's and the entire crowds good mood dies as Buddy Landel & JJ Dillon make their way to the ring. The two men are both clearly in a foul mood and cast withering glares at the booing crowd*

BL: Alright Flair, that's enough! You sucking up to these mouth breathing yahoos in this dump you call a hometown is bad enough *boooooo* but to stand out here and act like you're actually proud of what you pulled off at Starrcade is more than good christian men like me & JJ can stand. You should be ashamed of that display you put on.

TS: And what exactly does he have to be ashamed of?

JJ: Schiavone were you not watching the same match that I was? This hooligan you call a champion broke just about every rule in the book! First he violently assaults the referee for no reason. Then he grabs the title belt and strikes my client with it, it's a miracle poor Buddy here is even cleared to compete tonight. And if that's not enough then instead of the ref doing the right thing and disqualifying Flair for assaulting him, the ref makes the fastest three count I've seen in my twenty year career while this fraud, this sham of a champion had two handfuls of tights. Starrcade was a affront to justice and if you have even a hint of self-respect Flair you'll agree right here and now to give Buddy a rematch at Christmas Chaos.

*Flair just stares at the two for a moment before breaking out laughing, something that delights the crowd and infuriates the Horsemen*

RF: Oh man, you two are something else. Do you actually think anyone here or watching at home is buying that little sob story of yours? Listen here Budro, you had your chance, you took your shot and you missed. You tried to get cute and hit me with my own belt and I decided to give you a taste of your own medicine. You don't deserve another shot at this title, it's time to get to the back of the line and let someone more deserving have their chance.

BL: I knew you wouldn't have the guts to do the right thing Flair, I mean why would you? Everyone with half a brain, which obviously excludes the entire city of Charlotte *boooooo*, knows that you & I step into the ring 100 more times I'm taking every single one of 'em. So here's what I'm gonna do, since there's no way in God's heaven you can beat me straight up I'll make you a deal. If, and brother this is the biggest IF there's ever been, if you can beat me one more time at Christmas Chaos I'll leave the NWA *huge pop*. But, but WHEN I beat you and claim my well deserved reward, the NWA World Heavyweight Title. You will forfeit your rematch and will be forbidden from challenging for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship as long as I hold it. So what's it gonna be Flair? You gonna be a man for once or you gonna reveal yourself to be yellow in front of your own hometown?

FL: Landel, any chance to shut you up is a chance worth taking. Your on pal!

NWA World Television Title

"Lord" Jonathan Boyd(c) vs ?

There's a buzz going throughout the arena as Boyd stomps impatiently around the ring. Finally the curtain opens and the crowd is stunned to see SUPER STRONG MACHINE make his way down the aisle. Boyd is surprised but collects himself as the Japanese star enters the ring. The two international veterans have a stiff battle full of clubbing blows and hard slams. The end sees SSM start to build momentum when Col Debeers starts to run down only to get jumped by Adrian Street. With no one coming to his aide, Boyd is worn down enough for SSM to hit the "Devil Windmill" suplex to become a champion in his debut match.

NWA World Heavyweight Champion "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, Bruiser Brody, "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes & "Raging Bull" Manny Fernandez vs The Four Horsemen (Buddy Landel, NWA United States Champion Stan "The Lariat" Hansen, Arn Anderson & Ole Anderson) w/JJ Dillon

A star-studded main event which sees everyone get a chance to shine. Flair & the Andersons bring the technical ability, Rhodes works the crowd like only he can, Fernandez is full of high impact offense, Landel plays the cocky prick to the hilt & Brody and Hansen ignite the crowd as they recreate the end to their Starrcade match by fighting over the guardrail and into the crowd. In all this madness, Dillon is able to slip a pair of brass knuckles to Landel. Landel swings wildly at Flair who ducks and hits a double leg takedown. He then goes to lock in the figure four but as he bends down to tie Landel's legs together, Landel reaches up and nails Flair between the eyes with the knucks which he quickly stuffs into his trunks. He calls the ref over and three seconds later has pinned the world champion. The show ends with brawls throughout the arena as Landel holds the title in Flair's face screaming how he's going to take it.

image.png.43fecd5def56bfdfab568aff3541d1ed.png

Taped at the Grady Cole Center before WCW.

Originally airing on 12/4/87 on the USA Network.

With your host "The Dean of professional wrestling" Gordon Solie!

The South Pacific Connection (Siva Afi & Cocoa Samoa) defeat "Tough" Tony Falk & Dusty Wolfe with a double headbutt on Wolfe.

Abdullah the Butcher w/Ox Baker defeats Rocky King with the "Sudanese Meat Cleaver". After the match, Ox had Abby hold King up so he could deliver the Heart punch.

"Soul Man" Rocky Johnson defeats Scorpion with the "Soul Man Shuffle"

Main event. Winner challenges for the NWA World Television Title on next week's WCW.

Iceman Parsons w/Slick defeats Commando Boone when pulled down the top rope as Boone was coming off for a splash, sending the big man crashing to the floor and unable to answer the ten count.

In other news....

Solie confirms the second annual Christmas Chaos which will air live on the USA Network on Christmas from the Richmond Coliseum in Richmond Virginia. He also makes official two rematches from Starrcade.

First Ric Flair will defend the NWA World Heavyweight Title against Buddy Landel. If Landel wins, Flair can't challenge for the title again as long as Landel holds it but if Flair wins Landel will leave the NWA.

Second, due to the finish from their first encounter, Bruiser Brody and Stan Hansen will face off one more time for the NWA United States Title in a Falls Count Anywhere match.

Solie announces that the Commonwealth Civil War will be taken to the next level when the two sides meet in a eight man match at Christmas Chaos. Next week on WCW, one member of each team will meet with the winner's team choosing the stipulation for Christmas Chaos.

Excellent follow up to Starrcade.

The Buffalo Soldiers is such a creative name for Brickhouse and Ross. 

AOD is on a path of destruction. Just ask SBS. 

I'm enjoying the Lightfoot/Pride feud. More heat is added tonight. 

The Nature Boys have a battle of words and now we're getting a rematch with big stipulations. I'm glad we're getting one more match. 

WOW! SSM arrives and beats Boyd for the TV title! What a debut! I'm sure Street is at the top of Debeers list. 

The 8 man tag is a main event anywhere in the world! Landel gets the tainted win and gets the momentum heading into the big Christmas Chaos rematch. Great stuff! 

Worldwide,

My favorites, SPC and Soul Man get in some wins. 

Abby and Ox remind everybody how brutal they can get. 

When a guy like Boone falls over the top rope, there's no way he's going to beat the count. Parsons gets the TV title match. 

Christmas Chaos has some hard hitting and hate filled matches signed. Can't wait! 

The NWA is ending 87 with a bang, which means 88 will start with some fire. 

One of my favorite weeks in the NWA yet!  

I am a little disappointed that the Buffalo Soldiers won't get a chance to develop in the NWA

Great promo between Flair and Landel.... this match at Chaos has huge ramifications.  Landel also showed how easy it might be to take that title in the main event where he used the brass knucks!!

Big debut from SSM... He will be a force!

Really excited for Bruiser Brody-Stan Hansen part 2

Landell is determined to be Champion! To dangle his existence in the NWA is a gutsy carrot to dangle at Flar & the audience for that matter. Look at the way the crowd reacted. Landell getting the pinning visual, and in Flair's hometown no less, for the fans is big-time. Quite the chute to come out of after Starrcade.

SOLD! Bring on Christmas Chaos! Hansen and Brody go another round also!

image.png.5315d125331ecf461400ae2e853a0021.png

NWA Live @ The Omni in Atlanta GA 12/6/87.

"The Candyman" Ray Candy defeats Barry O with the "Chocolate Drop"

The debuting "Rotten" Ron Starr defeats "The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride with his feet on the ropes.

The New Breed (Chris Champion & Sean Royal) defeat Ranger Ross & "Stray Cat" Brodie Chase (substituting for Brickhouse Brown) with the "Wave of the Future" on Chase.

Tom "MegaMan" McGee defeats Zodiac with the slingshot legdrop.

The Islanders (Haku & Tama) w/Ox Baker defeat "Shooting Star" Keiichi Yamada & "Super Rookie" Hiroshi Hase when Ox hit Hase with the Heart punch on the floor then rolled him back on so Tama could pin him.

Bruiser Brody vs Abdullah the Butcher w/ Ox Baker ends in a double DQ. Ox tried to join in for a 2-1 beatdown but Brody grabbed his chain and managed to fight the two off.

The Stud Stable (Robert Fuller & Jimmy Golden) defeat The Grapplers with a Spike Piledriver on The Grappler.

NWA World Heavyweight Title

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair(c) defeats Ole Anderson w/JJ Dillon by countering a Gourdbuster attempt into a inside cradle. 

image.png.ab7034623b2dfbbe24b9e04dfbf83c23.png

NWA Live @ the Memorial Auditorium in Greenville SC 12/8/87.

George South defeats "Tough" Tony Falk with a backslide.

Jason the Terrible defeats Commando Boone with a diving headbutt. Jason looked to inflict more damage with his ax handle after the bell but a massive man in camo ran down and chased the masked menace off.

Cocoa Samoa defeats Ron Slinker with a Samoan drop.

"Adorable" Adrian Adonis w/"Sensational" Sherri Martel defeats "The Polynesian Prince" Siva Afi with "Goodnight Irene"

"Raging Bull" Manny Fernandez defeats "Lord" Jonathan Boyd with the "Flying Burrito"

NWA World Tag Team Titles.

The Commonwealth (Adrian Street & Bill Dundee)(c) w/Ms Linda defeat The Sheepherders (Butch Miller & Luke Williams) by DQ when Miller got frustrated and began assaulting the champions with the New Zealand flag. Ms Linda slides in the tag title belts allowing Street & Dundee to rally and the final image many of the fans see is security desperately trying to pull these four apart before they kill each other.

Huge card at the Omni.

Can't go wrong with Candy Man opening the night.

Ron Starr should be a good fit here.

The New Breed is looking to have a big 1988. 

Mega Man is surely getting himself back in title contention.

Islanders is another team to watch. Pairing them with Ox is still so damn menacing. 

You know you're going to get your money's worth when Brody vs. Abby is booked.

Stud Stable vs. Grapplers is the perfect southern tag team clash. 

Flair ends the night with a nice title defense over Ole. 

Onto Greenville,

Everybody's favorite Enhancement talent George South gets the win.

Whoa, I wonder who that mystery man was? Looks like Boone has some reinforcement.

Cocoa gets the win but Adonis puts his partner to sleep. 

Fernandez shows he's still a serious threat by putting Boyd away.

Damn! Commonwealth and Sheepherders end the night on a violent note. Red hot heat! 

Two well put together cards. 

image.png.d0537b3952ebb958321d62f7fc8f6965.png

From the Memorial Auditorium in Spartanburg SC.

Previously recorded & airing on 12/10/87 on the USA Network.

Ring announcer: David Crockett

The Commandos vs Tough Guy Inc (Don Bass & Duke Myers)

NWA fans are introduced to the man who rescued Boone in Greenville on the recent loop, the absolutely titanic Commando Frazier. Nothing fancy in this week's opener, just four big, bad dudes beating the tar outta each other which ends with Frazier pinning Myers with a ring-shaking legdrop. The tag division may wish to keep an eye on these two behemoths.

Ranger Ross vs "Rotten" Ron Starr

With Brickhouse taking a promising opportunity in Florida putting a premature end to the Buffalo Soldiers, Ross looks to reset himself as a singles competeter. His first obstacle being recent signee, Ron Starr. Though new to the territory Starr is a well traveled journeyman and who lives up to his moniker as he uses every dirty trick you can think of. Ross fights back and manages a go at his "Combat kick" but Starr is able to catch the incoming boot before it makes contact. He then spins his opponent around in a circle before doubling Ross over with a boot to the gut then planting him with a DDT for the slight upset.

Tom "MegaMan" McGee vs Jimmy Golden

Golden uses the varied arsenal he's aquired during his two decade carrer to put the popular MegaMan through the ringer but in the end, the athleticism of McGee proves too much and he synched victory with his slingshot legdrop.

"The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride vs "Chief" Joe Lightfoot

The tention between the two is palpable with the two going full throttle from the opening bell. After a hard-fought battle, a frustrated Lightfoot goes for his "war club" but as the ref tries to take it from him, Pride hits a running crossbody which sends both men over the top rope to the floor. Both men stagger up and begin trading blows, becoming so caught up in their brawl neither hear the referee counting them out. Security has to be called in to separate the two rivals leaving fans wondering where these two go from here?

NWA World Television Title.

Super Strong Machine(c) vs Iceman Parsons w/Slick

We get a contrast of personalities with the famboyant Parsons antics getting no reaction from the stoic champion, as well as a contrast of styles with the Texas style brawling of the challenger colliding with the more disciplined strong style of SSM. Parsons seems to have it won with a Piledriver but SSM powers out with a backdrop. Iceman staggers up and into the "Devil Windmill" suplex allow the Machine to have his first successful defense.

Winner's team chooses the stipulation at Christmas Chaos.

"Exotic" Adrain Street w/Ms Linda vs Col Debeers

Our main event this week is defined by a blend stiff strikes and tight, snug submission holds. The end sees Boyd come to ringside and begin stalking Ms Linda causing Street to exit the ring and floor the Aussie with a clothesline. Debeers catches him as he's climbing back into the ring and the face first Piledriver finishes things off.

image.png.85e5de54a287964a397cdb03b77cfb39.png

Taped at the Memorial Auditorium before WCW.

Originally airing on 12/11/87 on the USA Network.

"The Candyman" Ray Candy defeats Scorpion with the "Chocolate Drop"

The New Breed defeat The Carolina Bobcats with the "Wave of the Future" on Bobcat #2.

"British Magician"  Steve Wright defeats "Tough" Tony Falk with the "Octopus hold"

Main event. Winner challenges for the NWA World Television Title on next week's WCW.

"Golden Boy" Chic Donavon w/"Sensational" Sherri Martel defeats Cocoa Samoa after Sherri sprays done in Cocoa's eyes allowing Donavon to pull him into a schoolboy with his feet on the ropes.

In other news.....

As a result of their brawl on last night's WCW, and the inconclusive nature of their rivalry thus far, Solie announces that Tyree Pride will face Joe Lightfoot one more time at Christmas Chaos in a War Club on a pole match.

After their match, The New Breed cut a promo with Solie where they reveal they've been given another opportunity at the NWA United States Tag Team Titles at Christmas Chaos.

In a pre-taped promo Col Debeers & his troops announce that the eight man tag at Christmas Chaos will be the first over "War of Attrition" match where elimination rules are in effect but with the addition of there being no count-outs & no disqualification!

I agree, the tag division better keep an eye on the Commandos. 

I figured Starr would do well here and he's off to a solid start by defeating the credible Ranger Ross. 

Since losing the TV title, Mega Man has been on a mega roll. 

The Pride/Lightfoot feud has been a gem. Really enjoying it.

Parsons has a strong showing but SSM hits his finisher and it's all over.

Boyd takes one for the team and it pays off for Debeers.

Worldwide,

First the Iceman and now the Golden Boy. LOL, SSM is in for a variety of charismatic challengers. 

Pride and Lightfoot get a much deserved gimmick match at Chaos! I'm so there! 

New Breed get another crack at the US titles. This could be their big moment.

"War of Attrition" only Debeers LOL. 

Christmas Chaos is going to end the NWA's year on a high note. 

image.png.b9c119437c0ac959a4d42482b4a7b9ad.png

NWA Live @ Norfolk Scope in Norfolk VA 12/14/87

Tom McGee wins a 20 man battle royal last eliminating Adrian Adonis to challenge for the NWA United States Title in the main event.

Big Daddy Cyrus defeats "The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride follow a distraction from Joe Lightfoot.

Giant Haystacks w/Ms Linda defeats Ron Slinker with a running elbowdrop.

"British Magician" Steve Wright defeats "Rotten" Ron Starr with the "Octopus hold"

The Killer Bees (B. Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell) defeat Los Cubanos (Fidel Sierra & Ricky Santana) w/Slick with a double dropkick on Santana.

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes defeats Haku w/Ox Baker after two "Bionic Elbows"

NWA World Six Man Tag Team Titles.

The Celestial Trinity (Zodiac, Jason the Terrible & Angel of Death)(c) defeat The Commandos (Boone & Frazier) & Ranger Ross after AoD hit the "Death Sentence" on Ross.

NWA United States Title.

Stan The Lariat Hansen(c) w/JJ Dillon defeats Tom "MegaMan" McGee after moving out of the way of a moonsault and flattening McGee with a Lariat just as he gets to his feet.

That last WCW TV event had some awesome matches. Nice job of building up interest with the Tyree Pride-Ligtfoot feud.  Normally, these two would be stuck in the middle of the card without a lot of hype but you have found a way to way it more important.  Good job!

Also, I am all in on your DeBeers angle!  A win over Street increased the heat he is getting.  Good booking!

Any way that you can add intrigue to your promotion is good and you've done it in a multitude of ways.  McGee winning the battle royal but losing to Hansen is still a win for him. He has shown his grit and perhaps on another night when he doesn't have to beat 19 others... he can beat just the 1! Interesting to see Dusty down on the card a big but everyone needs a spot and he still has one. I always thought 87 was going to be the year for the Bees but it didn't come to fruition... maybe 88?

McGee's momentum continues with a battle royal win and US title shot.

Pride and Lightfoot getting in heat on the loop. 

Not even Slinker's martial arts skills could stop Haystacks. 

The British Magician gets a strong win over that Rotten Ron Starr.

Bees look to get back into contention. 

It took two bionic elbows but Dusty is able to put down Haku. 

I think the Trinity is going to have a monstrous 6 man title run.

Hansen puts a stop to Mega Man's win streak. No shame in that. 

image.png.3565a0475842a7feeda9f75903d635d3.png

From the Civic Center in Charleston WV.

Previously recorded & airing on 12/17/87 on the USA Network.

Ring announcer: David Crockett.

"The Candyman" Ray Candy vs Ron Slinker

Though Slinker's martial arts skills made it a rough night for the popular Candyman, his size & power were enough to overwhelm Slinker who was put away with the "Chocolate Drop".

The South Pacific Connection (Siva Afi & Cocoa Samoa) vs Tough Guy Inc (Don Bass & Duke Myers)

A hard, physical tag match that ends on a sour note when Sherri Martel comes down to distract the ref allowing Jimmy Del Ray to sneak into the ring and hit Afi with a chain. Myers, not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, shrugs and makes the cover for the three count.

"The British Magician" Steve Wright vs "Rotten" Ron Starr

The two well traveled veterans have a tightly contested bout with Starr doing an respectable job matching Wright's technical skills for a time but in the end he falls victim to the famous "Octopus hold"

"Superstar" Bill Dundee w/Ms Linda vs "Lord" Jonathan Boyd

A lot of bad blood here. Not only are both men on opposite sides of the Commonwealth civil war, but Dundee has been holding a grudge since Boyd took his place alongside George Barnes in the Violent Gentlemen in CCW in the December of 85. The result is a classic brawl that would've been right at home in the often chaotic Alabama territory. The two brawl through the ropes and are throwing bombs during the entire ten count. The ref calls for the bell signaling the double countout but the two brawling Aussies couldn't care less. Security is finally able to pull the two apart as commentary hype the "War of Attrition" at Christmas Chaos.

NWA World Television Title

Super Strong Machine(c) vs "Golden Boy" Chic Donavon w/"Sensational" Sherri Martel

Donavon emptys his arsenal against the Japanese star but though he manages a couple of pin attempts, SSM remains firmly in control for the majority of the match. Sherri, seeing that the title was slipping from their grasp, takes off one of her shoes and goes to toss it to Donavon but Cocoa Samoa comes down and snatches it as she's winding up. She turns and actually lunges at the Samoan trying to retrieve her heel. The commotion is enough to take Chic's eye of the prize long enough for the champ to hit the "Devil Windmill" suplex to retain the title.

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes & "Raging Bull" Manny Fernandez vs The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Arn & Ole Anderson) w/JJ Dillon

The story of the final WCW main event of 1987 is a simple one, Rhodes & Fernandez are both great talents but the Andersons are a great team. Their superior teamwork allows them to isolate Rhodes for a good chunk of the match who plays the face in peril to a t. The inevitable hot tag sees Fernandez running wild, dropping both Horsemen with clotheslines and shoulder blocks. He starts to line up Arn for the "Flying Burrito" only for JJ to hop up on the apron and start hurling insults. This earns him a stiff right hand -which itself earns Manny a big pop- and he goes for his finisher again but Arn is able to catch him and turn it into a Spinebuster. He then tags in Ole who finishes things with his patented knee drop.

image.png.910a21da2bc161ebfbd3776cf470a63a.png

Taped at the Civic Center before WCW.

Originally airing on 12/18/87 on the USA Network.

The Commandos (Boone & Frazier) defeat Tough Tony Falk & Scorpion when Boone pins Falk with a splash.

Iceman Parsons w/Slick defeats "Stray Cat" Brodie Chase with a Piledriver.

Tom "MegaMan" McGee defeats The Pearl (Ranger Ross under a mask) with a slingshot legdrop.

Main event. Winner challenges for the NWA World Television Title at Christmas Chaos.

Abdullah the Butcher w/Ox Baker defeats "Super Rookie" Hiroshi Hase after interference from Ox lead to the "Sudanese Meat Cleaver"

in other news......

Solie reveals that Jim Crockett Jr will make an appearance to make a announcement regarding the future of NWA programming.

The Grapplers come down after McGee's match and say that they've been granted a rematch for the NWA World Six Man Tag Team Titles at Christmas Chaos and with Brian Adidas no longer in the company, they've been allowed to select a replacement and McGee has agreed to step up to the plate.

We get a recap of the feud between Radiance and the South Pacific Connection and the audience is informed that the two teams shall meet again at Christmas Chaos, this time in a Texas Tornado match in which Sherri Martel will be suspended above the ring!

Finally,Solie announces the return of the "Merry Christmas" battle royal with the winner being awarded the first shot at the NWA World Heavyweight Title in 1988.

A Candyman win always makes the fans smile. 

Tough Guy Inc gets the tainted win thanks to Sherri and Gigolo. SPC will be on the hunt! 

Nice to see The British Magician racking up wins. 

Your detail to our game's history continues to amaze me. Nice throwback to the Violent Gentlemen. I can't wait for the War of Attrition match. 

When you're wrestling SSM, you better be one hundred percent focused. Chic found that out the hard way.

Damn, that was some great teamwork by the Andersons. Huge win! 

Worldwide,

The Commandos could make money on their visual alone. 

Slick and Iceman is still fun to watch. What a pair. 

WOW! I'm looking forward to SSM defending the TV title against Abby. 

Grapplers picked a solid partner in Mega Man. 

The Radiance/SPC feud has been built up so well. They deserve that prime match at Christmas Chaos. 

Whoever wins the battle royal is getting a pretty sweet Christmas gift. 

Airing live on the USA Network from the Richmond Coliseum in Richmond Virginia, the National Wrestling Alliance is proud to present......

image.png.40702a7b7fc36574019b808b4d33920d.png

The Midnight Stallion won the "Merry Christmas" battle royal by sneaking up on Rocky Johnson while he was trying to eliminate Adrian Adonis and dumped them both out. To the shock of the crowd, the unknown masked man may now challenge for any title he wishes in the year 1988.

War Club on a pole match.

"The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride defeats "Chief" Joe Lightfoot. The War Club didn't come into the play until the very end of the match. Lightfoot was the one to retrieve it from the pole but Pride caught him with a shot to the gut before using the club in a second rope Russian leg sweep for the win.

Texas Tornado match.

The South Pacific Connection (Siva Afi & Cocoa Samoa) defeat Radiance (Jimmy Del Ray & Chic Donavon) w/"Sensational" Sherri Martel. 

As chaotic affair as you'd expect with the two teams going full tilt from the start. Donavon holds Cocoa while Martel climbs the top rope and goes for a diving crossbody but the Samoan moved causing Sherri to collide with her own man. The ref shoos her out of the ring while Del Ray is checking on his partner. This allows Siva & Cocoa to regroup and drop Del Ray with a double headbutt for the 1...2...3. After the bell, Del Ray & Donavon get into a shouting match with Sherri and end up piefacing her to the mat & leaving without her.

NWA World Six Man Tag Team Titles.

The Celestial Trinity (Zodiac, Jason the Terrible & Angel of Death)(c) defeat The Grapplers & Tom "MegaMan" McGee when Zodiac pulled something out of his tights and nailed the Grappler with it.

NWA United States Tag Team Titles.

The New Breed (Chris Champion & Sean Royal) defeat The S&S Express (Joe Savoldi & Shaun Simpson)(c) with the "Wave of the Future" on Savoldi. NEW CHAMPIONS!!!!

(As the new champions depart with their new titles, Simpson helps Savoldi back to his feet. Savoldi looks around the arena, as if he's taking it all in one last time. He then kneels down and undoes the laces on his boots before taking them off and leaving them in the center of the ring before leaving with Simpson, both men looking very emotional)

NWA World Television Title.

Super Strong Machine(c) defeats Abdullah the Butcher w/Ox Baker.

Ox gets up on the apron and signals for Abby to send SSM to him for the Heart punch. But SSM reverses and the Madman from the Sudan crashes into his manager sending Ox to the floor. Abby staggers back allowing SSM to floor him with the "Machine Lariat" to retain.

War of Attrition match. No disqualification. No count-outs. Elimination rules in effect.

The Commonwealth (Adrian Street, Bill Dundee, Giant Haystacks & Norman Smiley) w/Ms Linda vs The Commonwealth (Col Debeers, Jonathan Boyd, Butch Miller & Luke Williams)

Order of elimination:

Norman Smiley eliminates Butch Miller with the "Norman Conquest"

Jonathan Boyd eliminates Giant Haystacks by tackling the behemoth through a table.

Col Debeers eliminates Norman Smiley after hitting him with the South African flag.

Adrian Street eliminates Luke Williams after choking him out with a cross-face chicken wing.

Jonathan Boyd eliminates Bill Dundee with a chain assisted Iron Claw.

Adrian Street eliminates Jonathan Boyd with a chain assisted sleeper hold.

Col Debeers eliminates Adrian Street with a face first Piledriver onto a pile of chairs.

Col Debeers is the sole survivor.

NWA United States Title.

Stan "The Lariat" Hansen(c) w/JJ Dillon vs Bruiser Brody

Brawling in the ring, brawling around ringside, brawling in the aisle, brawling in the crowd, so much brawling. Finally they make their way to the concession stand. There Brody slammed Hansen onto the concrete floor before finishing the slugfest with the "King Kong Knee Drop" to win his first title in the NWA. NEW CHAMPION!!!!

(We see a prerecorded message from Jim Crockett Jr. He announces that after careful consideration, the NWA has sold the rights to the name "World Championship Wrestling" to Windy City Pro Wrestling out of Chicago who will use the name going forward. He then announces that the NWA would continue to bring the best professional wrestling in the world every Saturday night starting on January 7th with debut of NWA Main Event.)

NWA World Heavyweight Title.

If Landel wins, Flair can't challenge for the title again. If Flair wins Landel will leave the NWA.

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair(c) vs "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel w/JJ Dillon.

This is the big one. We get nearly 40 minutes of high drama, back-and-forth action. Both men spend the match trying to set up the Figure Four Leglock with both men managing to trap their opponent in the hold before the other finds a way out. Finally Flair is able to sinch it in one final time and though Landel resists for as long as he can, eventually the pain is too much and his shoulders fall to the mat long enough for the referee to count three. A exhausted Flair is handed his title and he holds it up for everyone to see. As he's doing this however, The Midnight Stallion rushes the ring and clips Flair from behind. He stomps away on the champ before picking him up and driving him nearly through the mat with a.... slingshot suplex? As the boos reign down The Midnight Stallion takes off his mask to reveal....

image.png.9a89db102d4ce16e590ff6d874c91b8e.png

This show really delivered. Stallion winning lent itself to a sense of mystery & intrigue.

In the TV Title Match, envisioning Abdullah KO'd by that Machine Lariat makes for quite the visual.

Brody beats Hansen for the US gold! I can imagine the wild ride this match must have been, and the visual of where the pinfall took place.

Oh my... QUITE the reveal!... Tully! I am chomping at the bit to see the fallout from this and the program that evolves with Ric over the big gold.

What an eventful night, with some major payoffs & some twists for new ground to be treaded. What a way to close out 1987!