Pro Wrestling Only

National Wrestling Alliance

Autistic Dragon

I knew it!!!  The Horsemen were on vacation and Ole loves fighting with the townies.... LOL.  Great job.  I had a big laugh at this segment.  So well done!

Nice job of using Kazmaier in a big mid-card feud.  This could push one of them over the top.  Bart has the only advantage.

Really liked the way you got Garvin into a feud right away.  This has all sorts of possibilities as Garvin might need some help or he could just do it on his own and become a huge star.  Can't wait to see where you go with this one.  Very interesting.

Great promo by the Rock n Roll Express.  Street and Dundee make an interesting team and size-wise, these matches would have been fast paced and fun to watch.

Fuller with a TV title shot... like this one also.

You've created some great angles and had some great promos to hype everything up.  I'm really enjoying the NWA!!

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that Black Bart is a crafty one. Will Kaz eventually get payback? 

New Breed better get ready because the SPC are fired up. 

Nothing like seeing the Horsemen on a well deserved vacation. Taylor fits in so well. This was such a great way to make the fans hate them even more. 

Pitbull Kerry Brown is back in the game! 

Garvin has a successful debut but its spoiled by Radiance. I wonder what this was all about????

RnR gives a pumped up promo. These guys are so over! Their feud with Street and Dundee could turn into something really big. These teams match up so well. 

Morgan is a monster! 

I popped when Hase and Yamada helped SSM against Jones Army. This will really elevate them. 

Worldwide continues to let the mid carders shine. Fuller vs. SSM is a very interesting match up. 

I liked the format. Perfect blend of promos and matches. Easy to follow and the storylines flowed well. 

image.png.fd3a910d815ea60915d92a4aad307c67.png

NWA Live @ the Civic Center in Fayetteville NC 1/24/88

The Moondogs (Rex & Spot) w/"Number One" Paul Jones defeat Two Local Talents with a Backbreaker/elbowdrop combination.

"Hangman" Bobby Jaggers defeats Ron Slinker with a neckbreaker.

"The Monster" Rip Morgan w/Jr Foley defeats Jay Youngblood with a chokeslam.

The Commandos (Boone & Frazier) defeat The Celestial Trinity (Jason the Terrible & Angel of Death) by DQ when the ref caught Jason hitting Boone with his ax handle.

"Rugged" Ron Garvin defeats "Gigolo" Jimmy Del Ray with the "Hands of Stone" punch.

"Super Rookie Hiroshi Hase defeats The Great Kabuki w/"Number One" Paul Jones with the "Scorpion Death Lock"

"Terrific" Terry Taylor w/JJ Dillon defeats "Raging Bull" Manny Fernandez after Dillon hits Fernandez with his shoe and Taylor follows with the "Fivearm"

image.png.db31a23f6efe005c3e4eaa3c0c1dae2c.png

NWA Live @ Township Auditorium in Greenville SC 1/26/88

David "Fit" Finlay wins a 20 man battle royal to challenge for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship in the main event.

Brad Anderson w/Ole & Arn defeats "The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride with his feet on the ropes.

Ranger Ross defeats "Golden Boy" Chic Donavon with the "Combat Kick".

"World's Strongest Man" Bill Kazmaier vs Black Bart ends in a double countout.

"Maniac" Matt Borne w/"Number One" Paul Jones defeats "Shooting Star" Keiichi Yamada after Jones shoved Yamada off the top rope allowing Borne to hit a Piledriver.

The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Arn & Ole Anderson) w/JJ Dillon defeat The South Pacific Connection (Siva Afi & Cocoa Samoa) when The New Breed came down causing a distraction during which Dillon passed brass knuckles to Ole which he used to K.O Afi.

Tully Blanchard w/JJ Dillon defeats "The British Magician" Steve Wright with the Slingshot suplex.

NWA World Heavyweight Title.

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair c defeats David "Fit" Finlay w/Jr Foley by sliding out of a Tombstone Piledriver and performing a O'Connor roll for the 1..2..3!

Paul Jones has his Moondogs looking like serious threats.

Jaggers is always a solid hand.

Morgan's path of destruction continues in the NWA.

The Commandos and Trinity would be some fun brawls to watch.

Garvin kos the Gigolo. 

Hase walks out with a big win over Kabuki.

Taylor vs. Manny is a perfect main event for this venue. Fun match.

Greenville,

Finlay gets his big shot.

Having the Andersons mentor young Brad is a great way to build this kid. 

First Gigolo gets ko'd and now Chic gets the Combat kick. Not a good wknd for Radiance LOL. 

Kaz and Bart have a fun little feud going. 

I can see Borne really breaking out this year, especially with Jones in his corner. 

New Breed add more heat with the SPC.

Tully and Wright would be a real treat.

Flair continues to retain against all comers. 

image.png.dc1e3792c48ad53101d61f421673f956.png

From the JMU Center in Harrisonburg VA.

Previously recorded & airing on 1/28/88 on the USA Network.

On Commentary: Gordon Solie

Ring announcer/interview: Sean Moony.

Match #1

"British Magician" Steve Wright vs David "Fit" Finlay w/Jr Foley

Fans will remember that when Foley was last waving the flag of the Commonwealth in what was then Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, he & his charges had several run-ins with Wright. The two found themselves on opposing sides again as the British Magician took on Foley's fighting Irishman. The two had a scientific and surprisingly clean affair that was only occasionally broken up by bouts of brawling by Finlay. The end sees Wright trying to synch in his famous "Octopus hold" but Finlay managed to stand up straight before the move was all the way secure. It looks like he's going for a hip toss but instead he brings his knee up and into Wright's head, knocking the technical master for a loop and leaving him vulnerable for the Tombstone Piledriver to give Finlay the hard fought win.

(Mooney is joined by Ranger Ross and the Commandos. The put over their shared background of military service and the bonds of brotherhood that creates. Ross says the most important rule in the service is to never leave a man behind so they've sworn to have each other's backs as the NWA's Special Forces!)

Match #2

Special Forces defeat Sly Batts, Lennox Sherburn & Cyrus Arterberry with a Frazier legdrop on Batts.

SM: Ladies and gentlemen, joining me at this time are two men whose actions last week caused quite the stir in the NWA, please welcome Jimmy Del Ray & Chic Donavon, Radiance!

*Major boos as the two arrogantly strut to the ring*

SM: Gentlemen, I'll come right to the point. Last week you assaulted Ron Garvin after his debut match for no desernable reason. What on earth possessed you to do such a thing.

JDR: Sean Moony, Chic & I agreed to take Sherri Martel on as our manager for one reason, she swore she had a plan to take us to the top. She was gonna get us on the biggest stages, she was gonna get us big money matches and most importantly she'd was going to make us champions. Well Christmas Chaos showed just how well her plan was working out for us, beaten by a pair of barefooted savages! Well we had enough of her little ideas and sent her packing! And now we're on to bigger and better things, ain't that right Chicy?

CD: You know it J-man! Because now we found someone who's more than just talk, someone who knows first hand what it takes to climb to the top of the mountain. And know with our new leader, there's nobody that can stand in our way. 1988 is gonna be the year of Radiance baby!

SM: Well that's all well & good but when can we expect to meet this new leader of yours?

JDR: That's the best part! Because you don't have to wait another second. Allow me the pleasure of introducing, the new leader of Radiance...."Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin along with Precious!

*A gasp fills the arena which gives way to a chorus of boos as the infamous duo confidently stride to ringside. Garvin gives both Del Ray & Donovan a hug with Precious (the blonde from the previous weeks) giving each a peck on the cheek*

SM: Jimmy Garvin! I can't believe this, how could you do something so vile, so despicable as to have these two attack your own brother?

JG:*As Garvin starts talking Precious is spraying a can of..... something into the air* Brother? Brother Sean Moony? Let me tell you something right now, Ron Garvin and I might share the same name but that man is no brother of mine. My whole entire life Ron's been jealous of me. Mom and dad were always bragging about me, I was the most popular kid in school, girls couldn't keep their hands off me. Ya know if I'm being honest I can't entirely blame him for being jealous. But that ain't the problem, the problem is that ever since I got into wrestling he's been calling, he's been writing, he's been all kinds of begging & pleading for us to be a team. Oh he says it's cause we're family and we should stick together but I know what he's thinking. Ronnie's looking to ride my coattails like he's done ever since I was a kid. Well I've had all I can stand and I can't stand no more. I heard Ronnie was coming to the NWA and I knew this was the perfect place to get him out my flawless hair for good and I found the perfect men to help me in these two thurghbreads. With my help these two are heading straight for the highlife and....

*Jimmy is cut off by the crowd breaking out in a cheer as Ron Garvin rushes the ring and makes a beeline for Jimmy. He tackles his brother to the mat and starts pounding away as Precious is screaming her head off. Del Ray & Donovan jump in and manage to pull Ron off Jimmy. Ron tries to fight but Jimmy regroups and joins in for a 3-1 beating that ends with Jimmy giving his older brother a brainbuster*

Match #3

"The Haitian Sensation Tyree Pride defeats "Lethal" Lucius Pratt with a flying bodypress.

Match #4

The Renegade Warriors (Chris & Mark Youngblood) vs The Moondogs (Rex & Spot) w/"Number One" Paul Jones

Fans on Western States Wrestling will remember these two teams had a violent feud over that territories tag titles. The two teams have collided on the loop and now bring their reignited rivalry to NWA TV. As would be expected it's a brawl from the word go with the ref nearly losing control several times. It's during on of these breakdowns that Jones is able to slide Spot his bone which he uses on Chris when the ref is distracted allowing him to score the win for his team.  Jones has a smug grin as he leads his team away but the look on the Youngblood's faces make clear this isn't over yet.

(Joe Lightfoot joins Moony before his match. Says he's been on a Spirit Quest after his failure at Christmas Chaos. Says that the Great Spirit had granted him the strength of the bear and the cunning of the fox and with these gifts he shall blaze a warpath through the entire NWA)

Match #5

"Chief" Joe Lightfoot defeats "All Right" Alvin Rogers with the Indian Death lock.

(VTR- we see a montage of Adrian Street &  Bill Dundee training for their main event rematch at SuperBrawl. Rock music plays in the background as the two left weights, run down a dirt road and spare with each other as well as Norman Smiley. The video ends with them staring into the camera, eyes full of determination to get their belts back)

Match #6

"Raging Bull" Manny Fernandez defeats Pain Master with the "Flying Burrito" 

Main Event. NWA World Television Title.

Super Strong Machine(c) vs "Tennessee Stud" Robert Fuller

SSM has been a foul mood recently due to being on the receiving end of multiple attacks by the Paul Jones Army. That trend continues tonight with the Japanese star lighting up the tall Tennessean with blistering chops and forearms. Say what you want about Fuller but the man is no pushover and he gladly introduces SSM to some good ol'fashioned southern brawling. The end sees Paul Jones leading Borne and Kabuki to ringside only to have Yamada & Hase intercept them. All the chaos distracts SSM and the ref both. Fuller uses the breather to tap the toe of his boot against the mat. Security clears out the intruders and SSM turns around to a big boot and three seconds later, Robert Fuller is the NEW NWA World Television champion!

image.png.28aadcc1574d623712917290b208c218.png

Taped at the JMU before Main Event.

Originally airing on 1/29/88 on the USA Network.

On Commentary: Bob Caudle & David Crockett.

"Rotten" Ron Starr defeats The Pearl with a Brain buster.

"Pitbull" Kerry Brown defeats "Tough" Tony Falk with a Powerbomb.

Tough Guy Inc (Don Bass & Big Daddy Cyrus) defeat George South & "Stray Cat" Brodie Chase with a double clothesline on South.

Main event. Winner challenges for the NWA World Television Title on next week's Main Event.

"Hangman" Bobby Jaggers defeats Ron Slinker with the "Hangman's" neckbreaker.

In other news....

Keiichi Yamada & Hiroshi Hase have Bob Caudle read a note to the crowd on their behalf. Through Caudle, they announce they will team with their "Sensei" Super Strong Machine to take on Matt Borne, The Great Kabuki and Abdullah the Butcher of the Paul Jones Army at SuperBrawl.

Jones other clients have their own date for SuperBrawl as the Moondogs will face their rivals The Renegade Warriors!

Wright and Finlay is one hell of a way to kick things off! Finlay gets the win with a pretty brutal finish. 

Good to see Ross getting some shine. Forming the special forces with the Commandos is brilliant booking. 

WOW! Didn't see this coming as Radiance brings in Jimmy Jam and Precious! Now we have a big time brothers feud! This is going to be awesome! 

I like that you reignited the Moondogs/Youngbloods feud. I enjoyed their previous feud and now they get to go at it on a national stage. 

Lightfoot's heel run gets better and better. What a promo! 

Street and Dundee are focused and ready for the RnR Express. Can't wait for the rematch! 

After some wild chaos, Fuller is the new TV champ! I liked SSM's reign and it put him over with the NWA fans, but man Fuller's reign is going to be so much fun. His promos alone will make for some great TV. 

Worldwide,

Solid showcases for Starr, Brown and Tough Guy Inc. 

Jaggers vs. Fuller will be all sorts of Southern fun. 

Yamada and Hase are going to help SSM get some payback on Jones and thugs. 

SuperBrawl is really shaping up to be something special. 

I think you win the award for most realistic house shows.  You give the fans a few matches to keep your roster moving forward and then hit them with one or two big ticket matches to keep the money rolling in.  This was Mid-Atlantics formula forever and they ran like 600 shows a year during the mid 80's.  Really, really good booking.

Look the loaded boot by Fuller-such a great heel gimmick.  In my opinion, this is so much better then today with all these Dusty finishes.  It was just so much more realistic back then.

Between the Horseman, Paul Jones and now Jimmy Garvin going after his own brother, you're babyfaces better get organized or they are in some serious trouble.  Reminds me of all the great territories back in the day.  The heels always seemed in charge until the very last minute.

You've got a great grasp on writing up these shows... the longer and the short. I am jealous of the short write ups... I think my focus on using the figures is hindering me in a big but you've things going in the right direction. The Garvin story is one I have always been on the fence about... brothers... cousins... step-dad... who knows. Last note... the Horsemen... where do they stand in the ever changing world of the NWA. I don't know if they are the force that they once were. I have always thought that the key to the Horsemen's success was their opponents... the bigger and stronger they were the better the Horsemen could be.

image.png.23c12c6f14fcfabac7f9b1887dc0bb18.png

NWA Live @ Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro NC 1/31/88

Radiance (Jimmy Del Ray & Chic Donavon) w/Precious defeat two local talents with a double flapjack.

The debuting Billy Joe Travis defeats Barry O with the "Just a swingin" neckbreaker.

"Chief" Joe Lightfoot defeats "World's Strongest Man" Bill Kazmaier when Black Bart ran down and hit Kazmaier with his bullwhip allowing Lightfoot to steal the win.

Tom "MegaMan" McGee defeats The Monster Rip Morgan w/Jr Foley by count-out. During a brawl on the floor, Morgan pins McGee against the ring post and goes for a splash but McGee ducked out of the way sending Morgan to run straight into the pole. McGee climbs in the ring and Morgan can't beat the count.

Black Bart defeats "Rugged" Ron Garvin by DQ when a bandaged Bill Kazmaier runs down and attacks Bart. After security gets Bart out of the ring, Kazmaier apologizes to Garvin who makes a "it's cool, I get it" gesture.

The Zero Fighters (Keiichi Yamada & Hiroshi Hase) defeat The Paul Jones Army (Matt Borne & Kabuki) w/"Number One" Paul Jones Jones gets on the apron with a chair and holds it up so Kabuki can send Hase into it. Hase reverses and Kabuki crashes into the chair instead sending Jones to the floor and allowing Hase to roll up Kabuki.

NWA World Six Man Tag Team Titles.

The Celestial Trinity (Zodiac, Jason the Terrible & Angel of Death)(c) defeat Special Forces (Commandos Boone, Frazier & Ranger Ross) when AoD hit the "Death Sentence" on Frazier.

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair (c) vs Tully Blanchard w/JJ Dillon went to a 60 minute time limit draw.

image.png.efbbe25067688b80051cfc9c6c5be901.png

NWA Live @ The Omni in Atlanta Ga 2/2/88

"The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride defeats a local talent with a Flying bodypress.

"Rotten" Ron Starr defeats Ranger Ross with a handful of tights.

The Renegade Warriors (Chris & Mark Youngblood) defeat Tough Guy Inc (Don Bass & Big Daddy Cyrus) when Mark hit a top rope sunsetflip on Bass.

Abdullah the Butcher w/"Number One"  Paul Jones defeats "Hangman" Bobby Jaggers with the "Sudanese Meat Cleaver"

"British Magician" Steve Wright defeated Brad Anderson w/Ole & Arn with the "Octopus hold". Ole & Arn tried to interfere earlier in the match and were thrown out.

"Superstar Bill Dundee w/Ms Linda defeats Tom "MegaMan" McGee with "Bombs Away"

NWA United States Title.

Bruiser Brody(c) vs Col Debeers w/Jr Foley ends in a double c.o.

NWA World Tag Team Titles.

The Rock n Roll Express (Ricky Morton Robert Gibson)(c) vs The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Arn & Ole Anderson) w/JJ Dillon went to a 45 minute time limit draw.

The NWA rocked both Greensboro and the Omni!

Still lov'n Radiance

Billy Joe should have a great time in the NWA.

Mega Man gets the best of an overzealous Morgan. Great match up! 

I always liked the classic booking of feuding wrestlers interfering in each other's matches. Keeps the heat going. 

Zero Fighters beat Jones's army at their own game. 

Trinity have looked like unbeatable monsters since regaining their 6 man titles. 

Damn! 60 minutes of Flair and Tully. Hell yea! 

Ron Starr lives up to his 'Rotten' moniker.

Warriors move up a notch, defeating the always credible Tough Guy Inc. 

Abby has been rebuilt so well here. 

With the Andersons gone, Wright is able to focus and get the win over the youngest Anderson. 

Dundee's Bombs Away puts down the Mega Man.

Props to Debeers for holding his own against Brody. Hopefully we get more of this.

Like Greensboro, the Atlanta fans are treated to a main event classic, with the Andersons taking RnR to the limit. 

image.png.ee2596a57e212b0574b6e5d37c041cc0.png

From the Memorial Auditorium in Spartanburg SC.

Previously recorded & airing on 2/4/88 on the USA Network.

Ring announcer/Interviews: Sean Moony

Match #1

Cocoa Samoa vs Sean Royal

The two bruisers of their respective teams meet ahead of the SPC challenging for the United States Tag Team Titles at SuperBrawl. Nothing fancy, just a hard-hitting opener to get the fans warmed up. Cocoa gets Royal up for a Samoan drop but Royal rakes his eyes allowing him to turn it into a crucifix for the win.

Match #2

Billy Joe Travis defeats "Mad Dog" Mike Mulligan with the "Just a swingin" neckbreaker.

SM: Ladies and gentlemen, my guests at this time are involved in a massive six man tag at SuperBrawl. Please welcome *rather nervously* the Paul Jones Army.

*Boos as Jones leads Borne, Kabuki & Abby to ringside*

SM: Paul Jones, you're lead your men in a series of attacks against Super Strong Machine and what everyone wants to know is why?

PJ: First of all Sean Moony, my name is "Number One" Paul Jones and don't you forget it. And as to why I sent my troops after that masked moron, it's very simple. I built this army for the sole purpose of crushing anyone who stands in my way and he just happened to be the first victim. All he had to do was take his lumps like a man and serve as a warning to the rest of the roster. But no, that wasn't good enough for him he had to go and drag those two punk kids into this, as if they have a chance against the killers I've assembled! At SuperBrawl, that goof in the Halloween mask and his little sidekicks are gonna learn the hard way that the Paul Jones Army is the most dominant force in the NWA. Men, show'em!

Match #3

The Paul Jones Army (Matt Borne, The Great Kabuki & Abdullah the Butcher) w/"Number One" Paul Jones defeat Marlon Rudyard Cole, Temple Davie Osborne & Drake Jerome Carmen when Borne pinned Cole with a Piledriver.

Match #4

Ricky Morton vs "Superstar" Bill Dundee w/Ms Linda

Dundee clearly had a chip on his shoulder as he faced one of the men who took the NWA World Tag Team Titles away from Street and himself. Morton uses his world famous selling to make Dundee look like a brute. Dundee goes for "Bombs Away" but Morton rolls through for the 1...2...3!

Match #5

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious defeats Lachlan Drew Barker with a Brainbuster. Jimmy goes to deliver a second one to the prone Barker but Ron runs down and Jimmy heads for the hills with Precious following behind. Ron takes the mic and challenges Jimmy to a match at SuperBrawl!

*As Mooney is making the announcement, SSM hands him a note explaining that he has dubbed his students The Zero Fighters*

Match #6

The Zero Fighters (Keiichi Yamada & Hiroshi Hase) w/Super Strong Machine defeat Galen Armani Bateson & Oswaldo Linwood Perez when Bateson tapped to the "Scorpion Death Lock"

*Before the main event, Solie reveals that tomorrow nights episode of NWA Worldwide will have a special announcement from NWA president Him Crockett Jr*

Main Event.

NWA World Television Title.

"Tennessee Stud" Robert Fuller(c) vs "Hangman" Bobby Jaggers

We close the show with a good ol'fashion southern brawl. Jaggers may be closer to the end of his career than the beginning but he still knows how to put up a fight as Fuller finds out. Jaggers seems to be setting up for the "Hangman's" neckbreaker when Jimmy Golden runs down and gets on the apron. Jaggers breaks off Fuller and sends Golden to the floor with a stiff right hand but he gives the champ a breather which he used to tap the toe of his boot against the mat. Jaggers turns around into a big boot and three seconds later, Fuller has claimed his first successful defense.

image.png.4629bf91a6683a3f7fb060815f7ac881.png

Taped at the Memorial Auditorium before Main Event.

Originally airing on 2/5/88 on the USA Network.

On Commentary: Bob Caudle & David Crockett

"Black Magic" Norman Smiley w/Ms Linda defeats George South with the "Norman Conquest"

The Commandos (Boone & Frazier) defeat "Tough" Tony Falk & Bart Sawyer when Boone pinned Falk with a big splash.

"The Monster" Rip Morgan w/Jr Foley defeats "Stray Cat" Brodie Chase with a Chokeslam.

Main event. Winner challenges for the NWA World Television Title on next week's Main Event.

"British Magician" Steve Wright defeats "Rotten" Ron Starr by countering a Brainbuster into a inside cradle.

In other news....

We get the promised announcement from Jim Crockett Jr. He hypes that 1988 marks 40 years since the founding of the National Wrestling Alliance. To mark this momentus occasion, he announces the retirement of the NWA World Television Title and that it shall be replaced with the NWA Heritage Title. He says whomever walks out of next week with the TV title will face the winner of a battle royal to be held on next week's Worldwide at SuperBrawl with the winner becoming the first ever NWA Heritage Champion.

We get a pre-taped promo from Jimmy Garvin. He says he isn't surprised that Ron tried to jump him like some common criminal last night because Ron has always been embarrassing the family with his thuggish behavior. He says Ron is delusional if he thinks Jimmy will reward such a shameful display but because he is "a fair, gracious, magnanimous and incredibly sexy man" he'll give Ron a chance to EARN a match. All he has to do is find a partner and defeat "my boys, Radiance" at SuperBrawl. "Not that it matters" Jimmy says with a smug grin "because you'll never find a partner willing to put up with your worthless hide!"

Royal gets crafty to get the win over Cocoa.

I always liked it when a wrestler had a gimmick name for his finisher. 'Just a swingin neckbreaker' is a perfect example. 

Jones and his monsters send a strong message.

Morton eeks one out over Dundee in a sweet match up.

Ron is a man on a mission! Jimmy Jam has a tough road ahead.

I like how SSM communicates with notes. Very creative idea. I've always had some difficulties trying to get messages across by foreign babyfaces. This is exactly why I'm going to use Mando as a mouthpiece for Canek. 

Golden will be a nice back up plan for Fuller in his TV title defenses. 

Worldwide,

Smiley, Commandos and Morgan get nice showcases.

Get ready Fuller, because former champ Wright is coming after you. 

Good idea paying homage to the NWA's history with the Heritage title. A lot at stake come Superbrawl. 

Jimmy Jam adds intrigue to the Garvin feud. I'm sure Ronnie will have no problem finding a partner. 

The NWA is really clicking! 

Awesome show in Greensboro.

Love the Kazmaier-Black Bart angle and how they both interfered in each other's matches.

Ric Flair-Tully  60 Minute draw.  I think we in Dawn of War use the 60 minute draw a bit too much but in this case it fits perfectly.  You need to have two wrestlers who are not only in good enough shape to do it but also have the ability to hold the fans interests for this long as this two can do both!!!

Onto the Omni... Just a little background here... it was always my dream as a NY kid to go to one of the big events in the Onmi!

When I saw the DDQ with Brody and Debeers, I thought that was a great booking decision.  Brody continues to build his wildman reputation while the legend of Debeers keeps on growing.  Nice job.

Regardless of the outcome, any match between the Andersons and the RnR Express brings in major money.  Great match.

As for the TV shows this week, I love how you continue to make sure you push your angles allowing some big stars to get dominating wins while also keeping the fans on the edge of their seats with some great matches.  I think Morton vs Dundee would be a classic as these two can do it all.  Also, Fuller vs Jaggers is exactly what we always wanted watching Georgia, Florida or Mid-Atlantic.... A great Southern Brawl.  Nice job!!

Great bit of history with the 40 year anniversary of the NWA... Cool move with the Heritage Title.

Garvin vs Garvin... cool!

image.png.5f72e2b72700d8eaebbe0e93bcc8cd26.png

NWA Live @ the "Old" Charlotte Coliseum in Charlotte NC 2/7/88

"Black Magic Norman Smiley wins a 20 man battle royal to challenge for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship in the main event.

"The Monster" Rip Morgan w/Jr Foley defeats Billy Joe Travis with a chokeslam.

The Renegade Warriors (Chris & Mark Youngblood) defeat The Celestial Trinity Zodiac & Jason the Terrible) when Mark pins Zodiac with a Tomahawk chop.

Tom "MegaMan" McGee defeats Big Daddy Cyrus with a slingshot legdrop.

"World's Strongest Man" Bill Kazmaier vs Black Bart ends in a double DQ after the two took turns shoving the ref out of the way during a intense fistfight.

Special Forces (Commandos Boone & Frazier & Ranger Ross) defeat The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Arn, Ole & Brad Anderson) w/JJ Dillon when Ross pinned Brad with the "Combat kick"

"Terrific" Terry Taylor w/JJ Dillon defeats "Rugged" Ron Garvin by C.O when Jimmy Garvin snuck down and delivered a Brainbuster on the floor while Taylor had the ref distracted.

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair(c) defeats "Black Magic" Norman Smiley w/Ms Linda with the Figure Four Leglock after 25 minutes of technical magic that saw Smiley manage to lock on the "Norman Conquest" with Flair just barely getting to the ropes. After the match Flair offered Smiley a handshake which the British technician accepted.

image.png.d40d0499add612d77d02e6aaf72976c0.png

NWA Live @ Albany James H Gray Sr Civic Center in Albany Ga 2/9/88

"The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride defeats "Rotten" Ron Starr with a Flying bodypress.

The Great Kabuki w/"Number One" Paul Jones defeats "Candyman" Ray Candy with a Thrust kick.

"British Magician" Steve Wright defeats "Dandy" Don Bass with the "Octopus hold"

Commando Frasier & Ranger Ross (subbing for Commando Boone) defeat The Moondogs (Rex & Spot) w/"Number One" Paul Jones when Spot went to hit Frasier with one of the Moondogs Bones but Hiroshi Hase ran down and swiped it away allowing Frasier to hit an Avalanche splash for the win.

Super Strong Machine defeats David "Fit" Finlay w/Jr Foley with the "Devil Windmill suplex". After the match, Kabuki ran down and jumped SSM leading to a brawl that security had to break up.

NWA United States Tag Team Titles.

The Zero Fighters (Keiichi Yamada & Hiroshi Hase) defeat The New Breed (Chris Champion & Sean Royal)(c) by DQ when the Moondogs stormed the ring to attack the Zero Fighters. While the four beat the fire out of each other, The New Breed simply shrug, collect their titles and leave. Eventually Kabuki and SSM join the frey leading to....

Super Strong Machine and The Zero Fighters (Yamada & Hase) defeat The Paul Jones Army (Kabuki & The Moondogs) w/"Number One" Paul Jones when SSM pinned Rex with a "Machine Lariat".

Charlotte

Smiley gets his shot.

Morgan puts an end to Billy Joe's win streak.

After that win, the Renegade Warriors should find a partner and go after the 6 man titles. 

The fun midcard feud between Bart and Kaz continues.

Huge win for the Commandos! Defiantly their biggest. 

Taylor better thank Jimmy Jam.

Smiley comes up short, but getting a handshake from Flair puts him over.

Albany

The Haitian Sensation is a solid guy to put in the opener. 

Kabuki shows that his thrust kick has some serious impact.

Great week for the Commandos. Hase puts a stop to the Moondogs cheating.

SSM gets a big win over Finlay but gets into an immediate fight with Kabuki.

Moondogs get payback. LOL, love the New Breed's reaction. 

Fun impromptu main event as SSM and Zero Fighters send the fans home happy with a win over Paul Jones's army. 

Some great booking this week in the NWA.  As I was reading that The Special Forces defeated the Wrecking Crew I was at first surprised but then saw it was Brad Anderson that took the fall.  Great job!  Brad gives the Andersons that guy who can take the losses while they keep looking strong.  Same idea with the run-in by Jimmy Garvin.  You kept Ronnie and Terry Taylor looking strong while moving another angle along.  Awesome job.

NWA is continuing the loop... I like how some of these guys are getting another chance to shine in the NWA. Obviously we've got some huge names but then you've got guys like Kabuki and the Moondogs who are making themselves relevant again. Jimmy is jamming here and looks to have some problems with his brother/uncle/cousin/father in law. Finally - Norman Smiley and Ric Flair. Who are you to doubt El Dandy? Not here fella... everyone deserves a shot and Smiley did what he could!

image.png.546f3b394f3f13853803107ff7d9663f.png

From the Center Stage Theater in Atlanta Ga.

Previously recorded & airing on 2/11/88 on the USA Network.

Ring announcer/interviews: Sean Moony

Match #1

"The Polynesian Prince" Siva Afi vs Chris Champion

The other half of the NWA United States Tag Team Title match go at it tonight and pick up where their partners left off last week. We get an energetic opener which sees Champion stretch the rules as far as he can without breaking them. Afi pushes through and his trusty Jumping Headbutt is able to bring victory home.

Match #2

The Moondogs (Rex & Spot) w/"Number One" Paul Jones defeat The Atlanta Falcons with a Backbreaker elbowdrop combination on Falcon #1.

Paul Jones & The Moondogs join Sean Moony after their match and cuts a searing promo on the Renegade Warriors. Says he's got The Moondogs ready to tear "those stinking Injuns to bloody chunks on national television". Says he's got two rabid killers that will tear through the tag division until they bring him the tag titles and the Youngblood's are just the first victims.

Match #3

"Hangman" Bobby Jaggers defeats "Marvelous" Mike Mulligan with the "Hangman's" neckbreaker.

Match #4

Robert Gibson vs "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms Linda

We continue our build to the main event at SuperBrawl with a intense back-and-forth between two of the headliners. Gibson tries to use his speed to overwhelm Street while the British grappler looks to wear Gibson down with a series of submission holds. Gibson starts to pick up steam but as he's running the ropes, Ms Linda pulls them down while the ref is checking on Street and Gibson crashes to the floor. Gibson is in rough shape and just barely breaks the count only for Street to pounce on him and slap on the Cross-face Chickenwing. Gibson struggles with all he's got left but it's not enough and the Tag champ has to tap out.

Match #5

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious defeats "Pugnacious" Peter Jackson with a Brainbuster.

After the match, Garvin cuts a promo where Mooney points out what he did to Ron in Charlotte with footage being played of Jimmy delivering the Brainbuster on the concrete floor. Jimmy just shrugs and says if Ron actually had friends they could've stopped him. But Ron has nobody which is why he knows his boys Radiance will be able to put on the finished touches at SuperBrawl.

Match #6

"World's Strongest Man Bill Kazmaier vs Black Bart never gets started as Kazmaier meets Bart in the aisleway and the two brawl around ringside with Kazmaier grabbing a chair to fend off Bart's bullwhip.

Main Event. NWA World Television Title.

"Tennessee Stud" Robert Fuller(c) vs "British Magician" Steve Wright

Wright had a memorable run with the TV title and know stands to become the first two time holder in the NWA's modern era. That combined with the fact that the winner of this match will not only go down in history as the last NWA Television champion on top of having a chance to become the first Heritage Champion, the stakes are quite high indeed. Jimmy Golden accompanies his cousin to ringside but the referee ejects him before starting the match to the champs frustration. Though this throws him off for a bit, Fuller is able to adapt and we get a tightly contested main event. The end sees the two trading punches but when Wright lands a right hand, Fuller grabs at his face like something hit him in the eye. The ref tries to check but Fuller won't move his hand. Wright tries to press the advantage but the ref moves him back while Fuller "loads up" his boot. As soon as the ref moves away from Wright, Fuller charges forward and nails the challenger with a big boot for the 1..2..3. Robert Fuller is heading to SuperBrawl. 

image.png.6910eb4d499069d38b2f39760ec8e7c6.png

Taped at Center Stage Theater before Main Event.

Originally airing on 2/12/88 on the USA Network.

On Commentary: Bob Caudle & David Crockett

David "Fit" Finlay w/Jr Foley defeats George South with a "Tombstone" Piledriver.

Billy Joe Travis defeats Mitch Snow with the "Just a swingin" neckbreaker.

Radiance (Jimmy Del Ray & Chic Donavon) w/Precious defeat "Stray Cat" Brodie Chase and The Pearl with a double flapjack on The Pearl.

Main Event. Winner faces Robert Fuller to become the inaugural NWA Heritage Champion at SuperBrawl.

"Pitbull" Kerry Brown wins a 15 man battle royal last eliminating Big Daddy Cyrus and Don Bass with a double clothesline.

In other news...

We get a video recap of the feud between Bill Kazmaier and Black Bart with the announcement that the two will settle their issue at SuperBrawl in a Southern Street Fight!

Final card for SuperBrawl.

For the inaugural NWA Heritage Champion. 

"Pitbull" Kerry Brown vs "Tennessee Stud" Robert Fuller.

The Renegade Warriors (Chris & Mark Youngblood) The Moondogs (Rex & Spot) w/"Number One" Paul Jones 

NWA United States Tag Team Titles.

The New Breed (Chris Champion & Sean Royal)(c) vs The South Pacific Connection (Siva Afi & Cocoa Samoa)

"Rugged" Ron Garvin & a partner of his choice vs Radiance (Jimmy Del Ray & Chic Donavon) w/Precious

Southern Street Fight

"World's Strongest Man Bill Kazmaier vs Black Bart.

Super Strong Machine & The Zero Fighters (Keiichi Yamada & Hiroshi Hase) vs Paul Jones Army (Matt Borne, The Great Kabuki & Abdullah the Butcher) w/"Number One" Paul Jones

Main Event. NWA World Tag Team Titles.

The Rock n Roll Express (Ricky Morton Robert Gibson)(c) vs The Commonwealth (Adrian Street Bill Dundee) w/Ms Linda