Pro Wrestling Only

National Wrestling Alliance

Autistic Dragon

image.png.660b754f14a6fd81f45900baba400f89.png

This week's episode of NWA Worldwide was dedicated to recapping the various rivalries headed into Starrcade. At the show's end, Bob Caudle & David Crockett run down the final card for the event.

The National Wrestling Alliance Presents: Starrcade 88.

Airing live on pay per year Thanksgiving night from the Omni in Atlanta Georgia.

Main Event. NWA World Heavyweight Title.

Tully Blanchard(c) w/JJ Dillon vs Starrcade Series winner, "Rugged" Ron Garvin

NWA United States Title Dog Collar match.

Col Debeers(c) vs The Junkyard Dog

NWA World Tag Team Titles.

The Four Horsemen (Harley Race & Ole Anderson) w/JJ Dillon vs The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal)

Indian Death match. Loser leaves the NWA.

"Chief" Wahoo McDaniel vs "Chief" Joe Lightfoot 

NWA Heritage Title.

"Pitbull" Kerry Brown(c) vs The Super Destroyer w/"Number One" Paul Jones 

NWA World Six Man Tag Team Titles.

The Lawmen (Wendell Cooley, Billy Joe Travis & Doug Gilbert)(c) vs The Stud Stable (Jimmy Golden, Rod Price & Tommy Cairo) w/"The Mastermind" Ron Fuller 

NWA United States Tag Team Titles.

The Patriots (Firebreaker Chip & Todd Champion)(c) vs The Sheepherders (Butch Miller & Luke Williams) w/"Number One" Paul Jones 

Loser is forbidden from using the German suplex.

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez vs Brett "Hack" Sawyer 

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/19/2023 at 7:01 PM, Autistic Dragon said:

image.png.660b754f14a6fd81f45900baba400f89.png

This week's episode of NWA Worldwide was dedicated to recapping the various rivalries headed into Starrcade. At the show's end, Bob Caudle & David Crockett run down the final card for the event.

The National Wrestling Alliance Presents: Starrcade 88.

Airing live on pay per year Thanksgiving night from the Omni in Atlanta Georgia.

Main Event. NWA World Heavyweight Title.

Tully Blanchard(c) w/JJ Dillon vs Starrcade Series winner, "Rugged" Ron Garvin

NWA United States Title Dog Collar match.

Col Debeers(c) vs The Junkyard Dog

The Four Horsemen (Harley Race & Ole Anderson) w/JJ Dillon vs The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal)

Indian Death match. Loser leaves the NWA.

NWA Heritage Title.

"Pitbull" Kerry Brown(c) vs The Super Destroyer w/"Number One" Paul Jones 

The Lawmen (Wendell Cooley, Billy Joe Travis & Doug Gilbert)(c) vs The Stud Stable (Jimmy Golden, Rod Price & Tommy Cairo) w/"The Mastermind" Ron Fuller 

The Patriots (Firebreaker Chip & Todd Champion)(c) vs The Sheepherders (Butch Miller & Luke Williams) w/"Number One" Paul Jones 

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez vs Brett "Hack" Sawyer 

This is a stack card. About it is that there’s still be stories and wind and it is the combination of many things but also keeping things going. I feel that’s where NWA had it right for Starcade and WWF kind of has it wrong for survivor series. I love the survivor series, but in reality is a placeholder pay-per-view that doesn’t really end anything but rather keep going and going up against a show like this wouldn’t farewell if they just looked at each other, head to head. 

From the historic Omni Coliseum in Beautiful Atlanta Georgia.

image.thumb.png.c98ed89aeff600140f9a39576880f48b.png

The National Wrestling Alliance proudly presents the Thanksgiving Spectacular...

image.png.eedd5ff6209e5863d746adb306574eaa.png

(A sweeping shot of the sold out Omni Coliseum before Gordon Solie welcomes us to what he promises will be "the biggest event of the wrestling calendar". Every title will be on the line with a couple grudge matches as well. He hypes the main event before sending us to the ring for our first match) 

Match #1

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez defeats Brett "Hack" Sawyer. Towards the end Sawyer tried to deliver a lowblow behind the refs back. Perez is unaffected while Sawyer clutches his arm in pain. This allows Perez to hit the German for the three. After his hand is raised, Perez reaches into his tights and pulls out a athletic cup which he drops on the prone Sawyer.

Match #2

The Sheepherders (Butch Miller & Luke Williams) w/"Number One" Paul Jones defeat The Patriots (Firebreaker Chip & Todd Champion)(c) after Jones cracked Champion in the back with the flag. Seeing this, Miller took Williams in a headlock and rammed him into the big man's chest for the pin. TITLE CHANGE!!!

Match #3

The Stud Stable (Jimmy Golden, Rod Price & Tommy Cairo) w/"The Mastermind" Ron Fuller defeat The Lawmen (Billy Joe Travis, Doug Gilbert & Wendell Cooley)(c).

Cooley seemed to have it won with a Running bulldog on Price but as he went for the pin the bell starting ringing before the ref even counted two. Cooley start celebrating but the ref interrupts. The camera turns to the timekeeper's desk where we see Ron Fuller threatening the official with the hammer. During the confusion Golden enters the ring and spikes Cooley with a Piledriver before putting Price on top. The ref turns around and makes the count. TITLE CHANGE!!!

Match #4

NWA Heritage Title.

The Super Destroyer w/"Number One" Paul Jones defeats "Pitbull" Kerry Brown(c). Towards the end Jones gets on the apron but Brown immediately knocks him off. As he does so however, Super D loads a foreign object into his elbow pad. Brown gets Super D up for the Powerbomb only for the masked man to drive the loaded elbow down into his head. Brown collapses with Super D on top and the ref counts the three. TITLE CHANGE!!!

Match #5

Indian Death Match. Loser must leave the NWA. 

A 15 minute roaming brawl in which these two fight all over the Omni beat each other with anything and everything not nailed down. Both men are bleeding as Lightfoot sets up a Piledriver on the announcers desk. At the last second Wahoo counters with a backbody drop that sends Lightfoot crashing through the neighboring timekeeper's table! Wahoo pulls his foe from the wreckage and collapses on top for the 1..2..3. Beaten and bloody as he may be, Wahoo stands as the undisputed Chief of the NWA.

Joe Lightfoot must leave the NWA.

In the intermission following that craziness, Sean Moony holds his promised interview with the NWA's newest signee.... reveled to be a returning "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka! Snuka admits that he's closer to the end of his career in the beginning but says he came to the NWA that he's still got some fight in him. In 1989 he says, the "Superfly" will soar again!

Match #6

The Four Horsemen (Harley Race & Ole Anderson)(c) w/JJ Dillon vs The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal)

The Horsemen threw everything they had at their opponents. Race's technical mastery, Ole's relentless aggression, JJ's strategic advice, even Brad picked his shots when he could. But none of it deterred the Chicago natives who powered through every trick the Horsemen pulled out. Brad is obliterated by Animal with a Powerslam on the floor and JJ catches a big right hand from Hawk. Race and Anderson put up a fierce fight but Ole eventually succumbs to the "Doomsday Device". TITLE CHANGE!!!

Match #7

NWA United States Dog Collar Match.

Col Debeers(c) vs Junkyard Dog 

A brutal, bloody brawl in which the two bitter enemies whip and choke each other with the chain with reckless abandon. JYD hits a massive "Thump" to finally lift the US title. TITLE CHANGE!!!

Main Event.

Sean Moony: Ladies and Gentlemen...this is your Starrcade 88 main event of the evening....one fall with a 60 minute time limit for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship! Sanctioned by the Georgia State Athletic Commission, when the bell rings the man in charge will be NWA senior official Tommy Young... introducing first, in the corner to my left, the challenger...from Knoxville, Tennessee... weighing 242 lbs... the winner of the 1988 Starrcade Series..."Rugged" Ron Garvin! And his opponent... representing the Four Horsemen and accompanied by his manager, trainer and advisor James J. Dillon... from San Antonio, Texas weighing 225 lbs...since April 16th 1988 and for the 221 consecutive days since he has been YOUR reigning...defending... undisputed... National Wrestling Alliance Heavyweight Champion of the World... Tully Blanchard!

For the next 30 minutes, these two give a classic Mid-Atlantic main event with equal displays of technical wrestling and brawling. Blanchard does everything he can to get heat ensuring the crowd cheers everything Garvin does. It crowd gets incensed when Blanchard hits his Slingshot suplex only to roar when Garvin kicked out! Garvin is screaming in Garvin's face when Ron gets a surge of energy and drops the champ with the "Hands of Stone" Punch! Garvin collapses into the cover and the ref counts 1...2...3!

Ron Garvin is the NEW NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!!!

The Granddaddy of them all, Starrcade! Let's do this. 

Perez is the German Suplex King! Props to you on that clever finish. 

Sheepherders get Jones some gold. I loved that finishing sequence. 

Thanks to that low down Fuller, the Stud Stable win the 6 man titles. This was great heat. 

Another cool visual finish as Super D takes the Heritage title from the Pitbull. 

Damn! Wahoo finally ends his war with Lightfoot. This was one of my favorite feuds and the blow off was well done and satisfying. What a match!

The Superfly returns! 

The Horsemen did everything they could but the Road Warriors were just too strong. We have new World tag champs! 

Debeers and JYD were involved in another epic NWA feud. JYD ends things in a fitting way. You have made JYD a superstar again. 

After a night of brutal and bloody action, Tully and Garvin end the night with another classic NWA world title match. These guys really delivered and Garvin knocking Tully out with the punch was so satisfying. The pop must've been earth shattering. Awesome ending to an incredible show. 

Two thumbs up brother! 

A night of title changes and big moments. Great job writing this show! I thoroughly enjoyed it. Super happy to see the Road Warriors back with the belts and Jimmy Snuka should be a good addition to NWA. Ronnie Garvin pulls off the biggest upset of the night by dethroning Tully Blanchard! Wow, didn't see that one coming. Junkyard Dog is on the upswing as well. Happy belated Thanksgiving!

40 minutes ago, Control21 said:

A night of title changes and big moments. Great job writing this show! I thoroughly enjoyed it. Super happy to see the Road Warriors back with the belts and Jimmy Snuka should be a good addition to NWA. Ronnie Garvin pulls off the biggest upset of the night by dethroning Tully Blanchard! Wow, didn't see that one coming. Junkyard Dog is on the upswing as well. Happy belated Thanksgiving!

Happy belated Thanksgiving!

Your biggest show of the year really paid off.  It was an awesome read!  Thanks for all the hard work setting up such a great card.  I liked the creativity of some of your stipulations and finishes as they made each match have such an important feel.  For me, Al Perez vs Sawyer with the stipulation of who can use the finisher made this match and feud seem bigger then a normal mid-card event.  Love Fuller with the hammer and ringing the bell in the 6 man title match.  

Really glad Wahoo came out on top.  I think he was the true star in this feud and now you can keep using him.

Also liked the Road Warriors going over Ole and Race.  The Road Warriors might be the greatest tag team of the era while Ole and Race might be past their prime.  Good choice

Finally, someone put DeBeers in his place.  You did an awesome job building such a hated heel!

Garvin over Tully!  Looking forward to this new reign. 

Every title changed! I did not expect that to happen.

Al Perez shows some brainpower with the wearing of the cup. That's knowing your opponent and being one step ahead.

It is curtains for Joe Lightfoot. He seemed to get the better of Wahoo early on in their feud which had me thinking Lightfoot winning and staying might be a real possibility. Didn't turn out that way which is lucky for Wahoo.

• 2 weeks later...

(I've decided to take a Christmas season break from the game. Please accept this in lieu of weekly TV)

image.thumb.png.277bec6049a91468aa87f526a991a1bd.png

December 1988 edition.

This Month in the National Wrestling Alliance.

The Four Horsemen

Starrcade 88 was a terrible night to be a Horsemen. With Harley Race &Ole Anderson not only losing their World Tag Team Titles but Tully Blanchard's 4th reign with the NWA World Heavyweight Title came to an end at the hands (of stone) of Ron Garvin. This has hit the San Antonio native particularly hard as he apparently demanded the decision be reversed and when that failed he quit the company in a rage. Group manager JJ Dillon has quickly changed the subject by dropping a announcement as massive as it is difficult too believe, that the "Nature Boy" will return to the Four Horsemen!

The Patriots try to regroup.

The Horsemen weren't the only ones dealing with the pain of losing their gold (indeed fans will recall the every title changed hands at Starrcade) and some are having tougher times then others. Firebreaker Chip Todd Champion, collectively known as the Patriots, lost their United States Tag Team Titles to the Sheepherders and in the weeks since have struggled to regain momentum.  

Wahoo goes for gold.

At Starrcade Wahoo McDaniel finally triumphed over his detested rival Joe Lightfoot, establishing himself as the one true "Chief" of the National Wrestling Alliance. After taking a week off to recuperate, McDaniel returned and declared that with his rival finally behind him it was time to reassert himself in the title picture. In particular he singled out the NWA Heritage held by The Super Destroyer as being in his sights.

Sawyer won't stay down.

Brett Sawyer has been agonizing Al Perez over who has the superior German suplex. This culminated in a match at Starrcade was signed where the loser would be barred from using the move ever again where Perez emerged victorious. This seemed to be the end but on the Dec 9 episode of NWA Main Event, Sawyer would attack Perez and cut off a piece of his hair. The next week Sawyer said that Perez "stole" his move, he was going to steal what clearly meant so much to "The Latin Heartthrob", his looks. With that the challenge was thrown down for a Hair vs Hair match.

Day One.

On Dec 16 the final episode of NWA Main Event of 1988 before the traditional 2 week recap began. On that episode it was announced that the National Wrestling Alliance would be holding a special event on New Years Day called "Day One". This event will air live on the USA Network from the Robarts Arena in Sarasota Florida and will feature a mix of returning talent and others making their debut.

One returning act will be the pair of B. Brian Blair & "Jumping" Jim Brunzell collectively known as the Killer Bees. They'll be taking on a debuting tandem known only as The Eliminators. Not much is known about them but NWA officials are said to be impressed by what they've seen so far. 

Speaking of tag team action, in their quest to correct course The Patriots have issued an open challenge.

Another major match being promoted for the event is the "Gold Rush" where 20 men will compete in a over the top rope until two men remain. Those two men will then meet in the "Day One" main event with the winner being declared the #1 contender for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. 

The full card for NWA Day One is as follows...

"Gold Rush" battle royal.

The Patriots open challenge.

The return of the "Nature Boy"

The Killer Bees (B. Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell) vs The Eliminators

NWA Heritage Title

The Super Destroyer(c) w/"Number One" Paul Jones vs "Chief" Wahoo McDaniel

Main Event. NWA World Heavyweight Title #1 contender match.

TBD vs TBD

After a tremendous 1988 for the NWA, you my friend, have earned a well deserved vacation. 

I liked this magazine format. Keeps us updated and gears us up for next year.

Day one will no doubt set the tone for 1989. I'm already looking forward to the "Nature Boy", the Eliminators, Wahoo's quest for one last title run and who will be the first to challenge Garvin. 

Oh and I'm glad we're going to get more of Perez vs. Sawyer. I have really enjoyed this feud. 

1989 is going to ROCK! 

Starrcade was a showcase for damn sure. Sorry it took so long to get to it. Garvin, the Road Warriors, and Wahoo obviously jump out as major players to kick off the year of 1989. The article also is a great way to keep everyone in the loop about what is going on. One thing that I have loved about the NWA is the consistency. Right now there's a nice list of guys who have name value who will be headlining a lot of the shows with some others who have some legit star power and ability. 1989 was a great year in terms of wrestling for the NWA but with the inclusion of WCW it was just different enough. Here, I think you've proven to be a commodity in our world of wrestling and one that continues to deliver and keeps all of us afloat. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

The National Wrestling Alliance Presents: Day One.

Airing live on the USA Network on January 1 1989 from the Robarts Arena in Sarasota Florida.

The camera pans the sold out arena as well as the ring setup. The letters "NWA" are laid out in gold across a blue canvas and the ring and entrance are connected via walkway. We then cut to Gordon Solie at the commentary table.

GS: Thank you, thank you ladies and gentlemen. It's always a treat to be back in the Sunshine state. I am your host Gordon Solie and and I know I speak for NWA leadership when I say that we're delighted to be back on your television screen and excited to bring you another year of only the finest professional wrestling action. We have six huge matches including Wahoo McDaniel challenging for the NWA Heritage Title. James J Dillon has also promised that the Nature Boy has returned to the Four Horsemen. While I'm personally sceptical I can admit Mr Dillon has surprised me in the past. We will also see a number of video packages highlighting some of the talent that the NWA will be bringing you in the new year. Without any further ado fans, it's time for the Gold Rush battle royal. This bout will continue until two men are remaining with the two finalists facing each other in the main event to determine the number one contender to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Let's send it to the ring.

Manny Fernandez and Bob Orton are the final two standing in the Gold Rush battle royal. The returning Dick Slater looked like he may have been on the verge of eliminating Orton but as he came off the ropes to charge the Ace, Fernandez intercepted him with a clothesline that sent Slater to the floor.

*As the Patriots are awaiting to see who has accepted their challenge a commotion breaks out among the crowd. The camera cuts to the entrance where we see that Baby Doll has made her return to the NWA. Taking the mic she says not only is the "Perfect 10" back but in her travels she's found the perfect tag team for her to take to the top of the NWA tag scene. With that Bad Company's self titled song comes over the pa and the duo of Pat Tanaka and Paul Diamond join Baby Doll and the trio walk to the ring together.*

Badd Company (Paul Diamond & Pat Tanaka) w/"The Perfect 10" Baby Doll defeat The Patriots (Firebreaker Chip & Todd Champion). Baby Doll got on the apron to distract Chip who took the opportunity to plant one on the Perfect 10. As he was being chewed out by an irate Baby Doll, Chip was rolled up by Diamond with both hands full of trunks.

*We see cutting shots of a desolate area. Dead trees, dried out grass and animal bones are scattered throughout this wasteland. Two men come into scene. One is a muscular man with a short blonde mohawk while the other is a 7 foot monster with a military cut. The two stare menacingly into the camera as a voiceover says "In 1989, the Master Blasters will run the NWA!"

*Doug Gilbert is warming up in the ring while JJ Dillon takes the mic and says he is the manager who moves mountains and when he makes a promise these sun baked simpletons can take it to the bank. With that he orders to stand up and give a proper welcome back to the Nature Boy... Buddy Landel!*

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel w/JJ Dillon defeats Doug Gilbert with a Figure Four leglock.

The Killer Bees (B. Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell) defeat The Eliminators (Perry Saturn & John Kronus) with the "Stinger" double dropkick. The Eliminators may have lost but they impressed both the fans and Solie with their impressive tag team fundamentals.

Hair vs Hair match.

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez defeats Brett "Hack" Sawyer with a O'Connor roll turned into a bridging German suplex. Sawyer pitches a massive fit and security has to hold him down in the chair as Perez shaves him to the delight of the crowd. Brett was distraught afterwards only snapping out of it when Bart Sawyer returns to wrap a towel around his head and they rushed to the back.

NWA Heritage Title.

The Super Destroyer(c) w/"Number One Paul Jones defeats "Chief" Wahoo McDaniel after a loaded headbutt from the champ.

https://youtu.be/PiYZnAcqsYc?si=E-BBQcAfy96JtyOV

Before the main event begins we see a graphic for SuperBrawl 2!

NWA World Heavyweight Title Number One contender match.

"The Ace" Bob Orton w/JJ Dillon defeats "Raging Bull" Manny Fernandez when a ref bump allowed Dick Slater to run in and whack Fernandez with a chair leaving him easy pickings for the Horseman.

Nothing like kicking off the new year with a high stakes battle royal. 

The Patriots issued the challenge and then we get a big surprise with Baby Doll and Badd Co. I see gold coming their way. 

And right off the bat, we know the Master Blasters are some intimidating dudes. 

JJ promised the Nature Boy and he delivers. Welcome back Budro! 

The tag team scene is going to be competitive in 89. The Bees/Eliminators match proves that. 

I always loved the music videos hyping a wrestler. I'm pumped for Boogie Woogie Man. 

Nobody gets up from a loaded headbutt. 

Orton gets a rematch with Garvin and we've got our first big feud of the year with Slater and Manny. 

The NWA's year is off to an exciting start! 

Day 1 was a great event.

I enjoyed the videos you added.  I wish I used Jimmy Valiant in the one he was in the video.  He cool vibe got over with the fans!  

Badd Company and Baby Doll will make for a fun watch every week.  The Perfect 10 always adds some excitement.

Buddy Landel might not be the Nature Boy some were expecting but he is a star and should make the Horsemen a great stable!

image.png.1a457c8e41a559c06d72fab2f3260dd0.png

From the Municipal Auditorium in Columbus GA.

Previously recorded airing on 1/6/89 on the USA Network.

On Commentary: Gordon Solie 

Ring announcer)Interviews: Sean Moony 

Match #1

"The Boogie Woogie Man" Jimmy Valiant vs "The Russian Bear" Ivan Koloff

In a somewhat ironic move, the first episode of the new year features two long time fixtures of the NWA making their respective returns. Ivan gets tremendous heat waving the Soviet flag while Solie explains that the Soviet government has FINALLY paid his 50,000 dollar fine. Then Valiant's music hits and suddenly it's party time in Columbus. Valiant dances his way to the ring grooving with anyone and everyone who's down for it. Man or woman, old or young, black or white it don't matter to "Handsome" Jimmy.  Ivan is on him as soon as the bell rings but even a pounding from the infamous Russian can't throw off Jimmy's rythm. Ivan throws him into the ropes but Valiant reverses and nails a big backbody drop before coming off the ropes with his "groovin" elbow drop for the win. Jimmy is hyped up as he heads to the back, dancing the whole way.

Match #2

The Eliminators (John Kronus & Perry Saturn) defeat Rob Livingston & Dan Cosby with a spinning leg sweep/spinning heel kick combo on Cosby.

We see a recap of Dick Slater being eliminated from the Gold Rush battle royal by Manny Fernandez then costing Fernandez against Bob Orton. We cut to a pre-tape from Slater saying what goes around comes around. Fernandez "screwed" him out of a World Title shot and he returned the favor. Says the NWA has suspended him for the week but he'll be there next week and if Fernandez is feeling froggy he just needs to jump.

Match #3

Too Cold Scorpio defeats Matt "The Mauler" Bronstein with his jaw dropping 450 splash.

Match #4

"British Magician" Steve Wright vs "Exotic Adrian Street w/Ms Linda 

These two give a demonstration of classic British catch wrestling which Street ultimately cinches with a crossface chicken wing. To the surprise of the fans, Street not only helps Wright up but offers a handshake which is cautiously excepted.

Match #5

Badd Company (Paul Diamond & Pat Tanaka) w/Baby Doll defeat The Georgia Bulldogs with a Superkick/German suplex combo.

Baby Doll is ranting to Sean Moony about how she's had to brush her teeth 5 times a day to get the taste of "Fireboy Chump or whatever his name is" out of her mouth. As she's raging, Ron Fuller walks down. He apologizes for interrupting but as a Southern Gentleman it offends him to see "a fine, upstanding lady" like Baby Doll be assaulted by a hooligan pretending he's a fireman. So he's taken the liberty of finding to look after her, straight from the Stud Stable ranch he introduces....Big John Studd! Baby Doll has looked sceptical so far but when she sees the 6'10 monster her eyes light up and she gets a wicked grin.

Match #6

The Renegade Warriors (Mark & Chris Youngblood) defeat Sal Massaro & Vinny Ranauro with a double chop to Massaro.

Main Event.

"Chief Wahoo McDaniel, ?&? vs The Paul Jones Army (Super Destroyer, Kamala & Shaska Whatley) w/"Number One" Paul Jones & Friday 

McDaniel was angered by the outcome of his match at Day One and wanted another match, Jones said if Wahoo could find a couple of partners he'd agree to a six man tag. Wahoo certainly found two qualified partners in the form of Jimmy Snuka and Tom Prichard. 

The following match was action packed with everyone getting some shine. Kamala stood out as the fixer of his side as whenever Whatley or SD are in trouble they tag him in to turn the tide. The finish came during a pier-six brawl with Snuka turning a lariat attempt from Super D into an inside cradle for the three. The show ends with Solie hyping the fact that the Heritage Champion has just been pinned.

image.png.af472dc5c0261b65e3d13dadc537a7f6.png

Taped before Main Event at the Municipal Auditorium.

Originally airing on 1/7/89 on the USA Network.

On Commentary: Bob Caudle David Crockett 

The debuting Master Blasters (Blade & Iron) defeat Mike McGill & Rick Schultz when Iron(Kurrgan) held McGill in a Canadian backbreaker and Blade (Greene) came off the top with a elbow.

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez defeats Max Von Kaiser with a bridging German suplex.

Brad Anderson w/Ole Anderson defeats Lewis Masterson with a Fujiwara armbar.

Main event.

Super Strong Machine defeats "The California Stud" Rod Price w/"The Mastermind" Ron Fuller with the "Machine" Lariat. After the bell, a victorious SSM stared at the retreating Stud Stable and gave the "belt around waist" gesture.

In other news...

It's announced that due to the success of last year's event, SuperBrawl 2 will be promoted to a Pay Per View and will air live on February 17 from the Charlotte Coliseum in Charlotte NC.

Glad you rectified the Perez/Sawyer match. Perez blows the feud off while another Sawyer emerges. 

Boogie Woogie Man makes sure his return is more memorable than Uncle Ivan's. 

Slater and Manny will be a fun hard hitting southern type feud. 

Street showing nice sportsmanship to his fellow countryman. 

Damn, Ron Fuller gives Baby Doll the ultimate stud. 

The tag teams get a nice showcase tonight.

The fastest way to a title shot is pin the champ in a tag match. Snuka did just that.

Worldwide

Master Blasters destroy their opponents. 

Looks like SSM wants some gold. He deserves a shot.

SuperBrawl 2 should be a dandy.