Pro Wrestling Only

National Wrestling Alliance

Autistic Dragon

image.png.f414b85ce771e25ebfcd62aeedfcc2dd.png

From Center Stage Theater in Atlanta Ga.

Previously recorded airing on 8/5/88.

On Commentary: Gordon Solie.

Ring announcer/Interviews: Sean Moony.

Match #1

"The Franchise" Shane Douglas vs Barry O

Douglas quickly made fans of the young ladies in the audience with his muscular build and blonde hair. The Dominic DeNucci trainee displayed solid skills in both technical wrestling as well as brawling before putting O away with a Fisherman brain buster Solie refered to as the "Pittsburgh Plunge."

Match #2

The Samoan Island Tribe (Fatu & Alofa) defeat The Georgia Bulldogs (Fido & Roover) when Alofa crushed Fido with a 400 lbs Samoan drop.

We see a video recap of the brawls between the South Pacific Connection and the Sheepherders and it's announced that the two teams will meet at Bash at the Beach in the Tornado tag match.

Match #3

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez defeats El Hombre Ennascarado with a bridging German suplex.

Match #4

Buffalo Soldiers (Ranger Ross & Brickhouse Brown) vs Muscle Beach (Rod Price & Tommy Cairo) w/"The Mastermind" Ron Fuller

The latest Stud Stable recruits displayed their power early and frequently clearly trying to overwhelm their opponents with sheer brute force. Ross and Brown used their experience to try and wear the musclemen down. Ross looked to be lining up for the "Combat Kick" when Fuller reached in and grabbed his leg. Ross kicked him off and charged ahead but ran into a double spinebuster slam for the 1...2...3.

Match #5

The Beasts of Burden (Rip Morgan & Nord the Barbarian) w/"The Notorious" Ox Baker defeat Larry Bobert & Marty Greene with a double big boot to Greene.

*Baker leads his Beasts to a clearly nervous Mooney*

SM: W,well Ox that was certainly a dominant victory. What inspired you to put these two monsters together?

Ox: You want to know why I put this Beasts together Mooney? Two reason, I like to hurt people, and I like to get paid for it and with these two I can do both as much as I want. Now answer a question for me little man, I hear that NWA officials have been looking for a team for the Road Warriors first match back from Japan, is that true?

SM: Yes sir.

Ox: well look no further. Road Warriors, you may have convinced everyone else you're the most dangerous team in wrestling but you haven't fooled me. The NWA belongs to the Beasts and at Bash at the Beach the whole world is going to see why.

Match #6

Junkyard Dog defeats The Syrian with the Thump. 

*Dog cuts a promo promising he's not done with Debeers and is still after the US title*

Main event.

"Raging Bull" Manny Fernandez vs The Super Destroyer w/"Number One" Paul Jones

A hard-hitting main event that sees the popular Fernandez put the masked man down with the "Flying Burrito"

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

image.png.6ad6abcc7ae59d4faef0657cba4c90dd.png

Taped at Center Stage Theater before Main Event.

Originally airing on 8/6/88.

On Commentary: Bob Caudle David Crockett.

"The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride defeats The Brooklyn Brawler with a flying bodypress.

"Black Bullet" Shaska Whatley w/"Number One" Paul Jones defeats The Enforcer (Doug Gilbert in a mask) with the "Flying Willie"

The Young Stallions (Jim Powers & Paul Roma) defeat Black Scorpion (Al Perez in a mask) and the Mongolian Mauler with a Super-plex/Top rope splash combo on Scorpion.

Main event.

"The Ugandan Giant Kamala w/"Number One" Paul Jones & Friday defeats "Sweet Music Man" Billy Joe Travis with "Air Africa"

In other news...

Commentary runs down the full card for Bash at the Beach.

Beach Break Battle Royal. Winner receives 50,000 dollars and is crowned "King of the Beach"

Tornado tag match

The South Pacific Connection (Siva Afi & Cocoa Samoa) vs The Sheepherders (Butch Miller & Luke Williams) w/"Number One" Paul Jones 

NWA United States Tag Team Titles.

The Patriots +Firebreaker Chip & Todd Champion)(c) vs The New Breed.

Special Challenge Match

The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal) vs The Beasts of Burden (Rip Morgan & Nord the Barbarian) w/"The Notorious" Ox Baker

Bunkhouse Gangfight.

NWA Heritage Champion "Pitbull" Kerry Brown, "World's Strongest Man Bill Kazmaier and Buffalo Soldiers (Ranger Ross & Brickhouse Brown) vs The Stud Stable (Robert Fuller, Jimmy Golden, Rod Price & Tommy Cairo)

Main Event. NWA United States Title 

Col Debeers(c) vs Junkyard Dog 

All that plus the brackets for the 1988 Starrcade Series!

Shane Douglas seems to be positioning himself as a future top star. Meanwhile, the Pacific Island Connection is set to face off against the Sheepherders in what should be a great match. Junkyard Dog continues to show why he is one of the best.

The Bash on the Beach card looks really cool! The Road Warriors vs Beasts of Burden should be another great tag match. And of course, the main event between Junkyard Dog vs Col Debeers should go down to the wire.

Douglas is really moving up in our world. 89 could be his breakout year.

Yea, not too many people will get up from a 400lb Samoan drop. What a visual! 

SPC and Sheepherders in a tornado match. Bring it! 

Perez is one of my favorites and I'm glad he's found a good home. 

Love that double spinebuster finish by Muscle Beach. 

OH YEA! Beasts of Burden vs. Road Warriors! That's going to be an epic brawl. 

You put an all time favorite like JYD in a feud with one of the most hated men in wrestling (Debeers), just sit back and count the money. 

Raging Bull vs. Super D is a great TV main event. 

Worldwide,

LOL, nice little move putting Perez under a hood as the Black Scorpion. 

Young Stallions could find their groove here.

The Bash card is stacked! Love the gimmick matches. 

image.png.a8acd21bcb8d1b237fe9867e8d88dce8.png

Airing live on the USA Network from the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach Florida.

"The Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard won the Beach Break Battle Royal last eliminating Shaska Whatley.

Tornado tag match.

The Sheepherders (Butch Miller & Luke Williams) w/"Number One' Paul Jones defeat The South Pacific Connection (Siva Afi & Cocoa Samoa) when Jones took advantage of the chaos to hit Afi with the New Zealand flag.

NWA United States Tag Team Titles.

The Patriots (Firebreaker Chip & Todd Champion)(c) defeat The New Breed (Chris Champion & Sean Royal) when Chris Champion went for a top rope axe handle on Todd Champion who moved causing Chris to hit his own man by mistake. Champs capitalize with the "Emergency Situation" on Chris to retain.

Special Challenge Match. 

The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal) defeat The Beasts of Burden (Rip Morgan & Nord the Barbarian) w/"The Notorious" Ox Baker when Nord went for a top rope shoulderblock but Animal countered into a powerslam! Huge pop as the result is announced but the Beasts regroup quick to attack the Warriors and it takes the entire security team to get the two sides seperated.

Bunkhouse Gangfight.

NWA Heritage Champion "Pitbull" Kerry Brown, World's Strongest Man Bill Kazmaier and Buffalo Soldiers (Ranger Ross & Brickhouse Brown) defeat The Stud Stable Robert Fuller, Jimmy Golden, Rod Price & Tommy Cairo) w/"The Mastermind" Ron Fuller when Brown Powerbombed Price through a table.

In a video montage, the brackets of the Starrcade Series are revealed to be as follows...

Block A: "Rugged Ron Garvin, "The Ugandan Giant" Kamala, "Chief Joe Lightfoot, "Chief" Wahoo McDaniel, "Tennessee Stud" Robert Fuller & "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley.

Block B: "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin, "The Gatekeeper" Jimmy Golden, "Raging Bull" Manny Fernandez, The Super Destroyer, "The Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard & "The Ace" Bob Orton.

NWA United States Title.

Junkyard Dog defeats Col Debeers(c) by DQ when threw referee Randy Anderson in front of a charging JYD. The Dog managed to hit the Thump and make a cover just as senior official Tommy Young got to the ring and called for the bell. The fans initially thought their hero had won the title and let out a huge cheer which quickly turned to jeers when the ruling was announced.

Prichard gets things going with the battle royal win. 

Damn that no good Paul Jones! 

Patriots prove their title win wasn't a fluke as they put down the former champs. 

Road Warriors get the win but the Beasts of Burden aren't done with them yet. Good booking as the RW's return in epic fashion while the feud continues with more heat. 

It's only fitting to end a Bunkhouse Gangfight with a powerbomb through the table. Pitbull gets a big moment here. 

Love the Starrcade Series and can't wait for it. 

JTD gets the win but not the win the fans were hoping for. Maybe next time. 

Another great NWA supercard that was built up well. 

Bash at the Beach is a helluva show... NWA is really staying with their product through all the changes in the world of wrestling around them.

I have always been a fan of the tornado tags... good to see Luke and Butch doing well.

US tag titles... two young teams... Chip and Champion were a guilty pleasure of mine in 1991.

The Road Warriors... What else to say about a true generational tag team. They have momentum and pull and use both here. More to come with them which is great.

I like the idea of the Bunkhouse Gang Fight. IT seems like a dustyish thing that the NWA would try to pull off. Almost like that bar brawl with the APA.

JYD with a dusty finish... a great tease... what could come of this?

Starrcade is also getting an early start... can't go wrong with that.

Bash at the Beach was an awesome event.  For me, you could run JYD vs DeBeers 7 days a week for months and still make money.

Now those are some tough brackets for Starrcade Series.  I couldn't even begin to tell you who the favorites are!

I know it was the opener but I bet Prichard and Whatley put on one heck of a show!

Looking forward to seeing more of the Road Warriors vs Beast of Burden... those are some BIG BOYS!

Bash at the Beach certainly delivered! I feel like the Sheepherders vs. The South Pacific Connection was probably an underrated hard hitting match.

JYD vs. Col Debeers might not have the potential to be a technical classic, but would be the definition of the word heat, that would bring fans out to buy tickets to support the Dog.

image.png.b4352dad0e630edddc1e658870a87892.png

From the Macon Coliseum in Macon GA.

Previously recorded & airing on airing on 8/19/88 on the USA Network.

On Commentary: Gordon Solie.

Ring announcer/Interviews: Sean Moony.

Starrcade Series Block A match.

"Wildcat Wendell Cooley vs The Ugandan Giant Kamala w/"Number One" Paul Jones & Friday

The 1988 Starrcade Series is underway and the popular Cooley gets a tough first draw in the monster of the Paul Jones Army. The six man tag champ employs a stick and move strategy that while affective, can't fully withstand the sheer ferocity from Kamala. Cooley goes for the running Bulldog but gets thrown off and crashes to the mat. "Air Africa" follows giving the African headhunter his first two points.

Match #2

"The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride defeats Bonesaw McGraw with a flying bodypress.

We see highlights from the Road Warriors return match at Bash at the Beach. Solie announces that Hawk & Animal will return to NWA TV in the main event of Worldwide tomorrow!

Match #3

The Celestial Trinity (Jason the Terrible & Angel of Death) defeat Bob Witte & Louie Capone when Jason pinned Witte with a diving headbutt.

Match #4

"Chief" Wahoo McDaniel vs "Tennessee Stud Robert Fuller w/"The Mastermind" Ron Fuller 

This one was basically a good ol'fashion southern brawl with just a bit of wrestling thrown in for flavor. Wahoo went for his "Tomahawk" chop but Fuller avoided it and caught McDaniel with a chop block which he quickly turned into the "Fuller Lock". Wahoo tried to resist but ultimately had to prioritize his health for the tournament and tapped. 

Match #5

Junkyard Dog defeats The White Shadow with the "Thump".

Dog cuts a promo saying Debeers can run as far and as fast as he wants but this Dog's on the hunt and he ain't stopping till he runs the Colonel to ground!

Match #6

Non title.

NWA World Tag Team Champions The Four Horsemen (Ole Anderson & Harley Race) w/JJ Dillon defeat The Georgia Bulldogs (Fido & Rover) with a Spike Piledriver to Rover.

Main Event.

"Rugged" Ron Garvin vs "Chief" Joe Lightfoot 

Lightfoot was fiercely determined to get his tournament journey off to a good start and took it to Garvin. While he undoubtedly gave a good account of himself, Garvin's greater experience in big matches shone through and he caught Lightfoot with the "Hands of Stone" punch for two points.

image.png.7eb59fbe43d74cd8d4d7ec31c155651e.png

Taped at the Macon Coliseum before Main Event.

Originally airing on 8/20/88 on the USA Network.

On Commentary: Bob Caudle & David Crockett.

Brett "Hack" Sawyer defeats The Enforcer with a bridging German suplex. After having his hand raised, he looks down the camera and says "that's how it's done!"

"The Franchise" Shane Douglas  defeats The Mongolian Mauler with the "Pittsburgh Plunge".

"Crippler" Chris Benoit defeats The Pearl with a "Dragon" suplex.

Main event.

The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal) defeat The New Breed (Chris Champion & Sean Royal) with the "Doomsday Device" on Champion.

In other news....

It's announced that the Starrcade Series will conclude at Fright Night 88 which will air live on the USA Network October 28 from the Richmond Coliseum in Richmond VA.

After a recap of last nights Block A matches it's announced that Block B will kick off next week with...

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin vs The Super Destroyer w/"Number One" Paul Jones.

"Raging" Bull Manny Fernandez vs "The Gatekeeper" Jimmy Golden w/"The Mastermind" Ron Fuller.

"The Doctor of Desire Tom Prichard vs The Ace Bob Caudle w/JJ Dillon.

Edited by Autistic Dragon
Used talent not on my roster.

"Wahoo tried to resist but ultimately had to prioritize his health for the tournament and tapped. "

That is such a good line... the fact that he's thinking about the future of the tournament as to why he goes down. Great psychology. 

I love the Georgia Bulldogs... just gets me every time I read it. 

Tom Zenk comes in with some fire as well as Chris Benoit. 

The Road Warriors are on top of their game... always a fan of their NWA runs.

""The Doctor of Desire Tom Prichard vs The Ace Bob Caudle w/JJ Dillon."

I know it is a misprint... but the Ace Bob Caudle is amazing. I have a feel Bob Orton will far well against the Doctor of Desire.

I've said it before, but I'm a big fan of the Starrcade Series. It gives us fresh and interesting match ups as all the wrestlers compete for a world title shot at the biggest show of the year. Great stuff! 

Watch out because Kamala is in beast mode. 

I agree with Lowblow, telling us what was going through Wahoo's mind really makes sense. 

JYD gets the fans pumped with a big win and fired up promo. 

I think pairing Ole and Harley was genius. This is one brutal and tough old school team. 

Lightfoot looks good but Garvin was just a bit better tonight.

Worldwide,

Hack showing a little attitude.

Zenk's been on a roll in this game and will probably carry that momentum to the NWA. 

Speaking of momentum, the Road Warriors are coming in strong. 

More great Starrcade Series matches for next week. Bring it on! 

Both of those shows were full of action. The Starrcade Series is off to a great start. The team of Ole Anderson and Harley Race is very formidable and they should keep the belts for a while. Tom Zenk is off to a winning start in NWA and could make a name for himself quickly.  Speaking of Anderson/Race, perhaps the Road Warriors could make a statement if given the opportunity? Overall, NWA is on a roll this summer and it should be interesting to see what the next few months bring.

Really good week of shows!  Some very creative jobber names added to the entertainment level.  I think the Starrcade Series adds a lot of interest to your TV matches.  Can't wait to see who is in the finals.  I thought for a moment that Cooley might get the upset!

JYD vs DeBeers is a highlight of our game!  I love this feud.  

Also love Harley in the Horsemen.  It makes perfect sense!

image.png.9ae2a8c5c7546b1a08098a4c1b512f31.png

From the Sumpter County Exhibition Center in Sumpter SC.

Previously recorded airing on 8/26/88 on the USA Network.

On Commentary: Gordon Solie

Ring announcer/Interviews: Sean Moony

Match #1 Starrcade Series Block B match.

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious vs The Super Destroyer w/"Number One" Paul Jones 

Block B got off to something of an intense start as Garvin didn't hesitate to answer Super D's bending the rules with his own dirty tricks. Ultimately Garvin countered a DDT attempt into a Brainbuster to claim the first win of the block.

Match #2

Brad Anderson w/Ole Anderson defeats Ace Jackson with a Fujiwara armbar.

Before their match, The Young Stallions join Sean Moony. They put over their history in the northeast as well as Florida and say their ready for the big time so naturally, they've come to the NWA.

Match #3 

The Young Stallions (Jim Powers & Paul Roma) defeat Matches Malone and Joe Chill with the "Stampede" (Super-plex/ Top rope splash combo)

Match 4

"Raging Bull Manny Fernandez vs "The Gatekeeper" Jimmy Golden w/"The Mastermind" Ron Fuller

Golden and Fuller were at their devious best, coming up with a number of ways to use the numbers game to their advantage. Still, Fernandez showed why he's one of the favorites by overcoming it all to put the Tennessee native away with the "Flying Burrito".

Match #5

The Beasts of Burden (Rip Morgan & Nord the Barbarian) w/"The Notorious" Ox Baker defeat Barry Allen and Oliver Queen with a double big boot to Queen. After the match, Ox got in the ring and hit both men the Heart Punch!

Baker and his Beasts go up to Mooney and Ox growls that they aren't finished with the Road Warriors yet!

Match #6 

Super Strong Machine defeats Alexander Ivo with the "Devil Windmill suplex"

Main Event. Starrcade Series Block B match

"The Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard vs "The Ace" Bob Orton w/JJ Dillon 

This was the most technically sound of the block B matches tonight, though neither man was afraid to throw a punch if they thought it would help. Prichard was lining up for his Superkick when JJ climbed up on the apron. Prichard, not wanting to waste time, simply kicked JJ causing the manager to fall to the floor in a heap. This gave Orton time to collect himself however and he delivered a stiff lariat to the back of Prichard's neck for the win.

image.png.8f5a388f20ae89f03e3b42576e762334.png

Taped at the Sumpter County Exhibition Center before Main Event.

Originally airing on 8/27/88 on the USA Network.

On Commentary: Bob Caudle & David Crockett 

Zodiac defeats The Pearl with a top rope kneedrop.

"British Magician Steve Wright defeats The Brooklyn Brawler with the "Octopus Hold"

The Samoan Island Tribe (Fatu & Alofa) defeat The Enforcer and The Pegasus Kid (Chris Benoit in a mask) when Fatu pinned The Enforcer with a diving splash.

Main event.

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez defeats "Black Bullet" Shaska Whatley w/"Number One" Paul Jones with a bridging German suplex after Whatley accidentally bumped into Jones who was on the apron.

In other news....

After a recap of Block B matches from last night, and an update on tournament standings as a whole, it's announced that Block A will continue next week with...

"Chief" Joe Lightfoot vs "Tennessee Stud" Robert Fuller 

"Rugged" Ron Garvin vs"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley 

"Chief Wahoo McDaniel vs "The Ugandan Giant" Kamala 

I like the way these shows are written and put together. Quick hitters... simple match ups... everything moving forward. Good main event on World Wide...  Al Perez was always a big what if to me. Block A has a huge contest with Wahoo and Kamala... I will be tuning in to check out who survives that one. In other news Rugged Ron is my pick to end 88 on a very high note.

Jimmy Jam gets by Super D. I could see Jimmy main eventing Starrcade, but it'll be a hard road.

Brad shows why he's an Anderson. 

The Young Stallions are in a good place. Lots of young teams here. 

Manny overcomes the odds and scores some points. 

Man, those Beasts are some bad dudes. 

JJ takes the big bump, but the Ace gets the win. 

Good Series match ups tonight.

Worldwide,

I'm with Lowblow about Perez. I'm glad he's gotten love in our world. 

Very interesting match ups next week.