Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - December 15, 2021 - Winter is Coming

MoS

I am so excited about Hangman-Danielson. I have seen some smart fans call Hangman's reign a failure already because of the ratings, and how they should pull an audible and put the title on Bryan. To them, I can only laugh and be grateful that they don't have any actual power in pro wrestling. Hangman's reign has barely started and I am looking forward to watching him as champ. I do think he needs to be focused on a bit more than he is at the moment though; at present, he is always reacting to other wrestlers. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the live crowd will buy into the idea of Dragon winning. To me it's fairly obvious Hangman should and will win so these two months of Danielson tapping people out in different ways and stomping their head in will have a big test. Will the crowd start believing he can win if/once he kicks Page's head in?

The question with Hangman is this : was the chase better than the reign ? Of course it's ridiculous to call it a failure when it has barely even began. I do agree that thus far, Hangman has not been the main focus of the promotion, CM Punk vs MJF has (and quite frankly, it has all the right to me). But again, although Danielson is the big TV match, this is gonna lead to a bigger match (I know, that's sounds kinda odd but it is the reality), whether against MJF or Punk. Omega's reign has been a great success, both as a drawing card (2021 has been a legit period of growth with the Elite on top, and of course Punk boosted the whole thing even more) and of course in-ring. But the landscape is not exactly the same anymore and it seems there's kind of a pro-wrestling crush happening in term of viewing audience, with too much pro-wrestling on TV and a market getting dangerously close to saturation. The switch to TBS should help.

Anyway, the match should be awesome. Last really big show for AEW this year. Let's go. 

The way all this is shaping up, Hangman and MJF are great first losses for Danielson and Punk (obviously Punk later on, not tonight), really putting them both over as true pillars of the company and also getting rid of that pesky 0 in the loss column that can be a booking detriment. It also makes the Omega rematch for Danielson when he comes back most likely at Revolution that much more impactful. 

Yeah, Hangman beating Danielson is absolutely the way to get him down as the undisputed top guy. Part of the reason that Danielson has had to turn heel to make it all click, I would imagine. I like the idea of the Dynamite Diamond being the thing that they bestow on someone who they clearly see a lot of potential in and is slowly bubbling over but who they don't want to give a title to yet so Dante being the one to beat MJF makes sense, especially if they pull the trigger on the Wardlow turn.

There might be some duelling chants here and there, but this is not a split crowd. Danielson is getting mostly boos and Hangman is mostly getting cheered. This is actually a good GWE addition for Bryan, cuz one of his criticisms is not getting the fans to boo and hate him in his matches.