Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - February 9/11, 2022

MoS

The Jade match was good until it fell...completely apart at the end? Not sure what happened, felt like they forgot a spot. That second top rope spot especially. 

Serena Deeb is so awesome. As we say here, Serene Deeb please respectfully step on my neck. 

That main event was absolutely bonkers. The bumps, Archer acting like a psycho, and that mad mad finish. Hangman Page is fucking awesome and he should really start getting his due. He has been a part of some of AEW's greatest matches now, some fans really need to stop thinking of him as an Elite hanger-on. He is our world champ and he has fucking earned the right to be called the world champ. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, MoS said:

Hangman Page is fucking awesome and he should really start getting his due. He has been a part of some of AEW's greatest matches now, some fans really need to stop thinking of him as an Elite hanger-on. He is our world champ and he has fucking earned the right to be called the world champ. 

I feel very comfortable in saying Page is better than any member of the Elite, he's proving to be a very good champion. The idea of him facing Adam Cole next isn't too thrilling, because of how dreadful Cole is, but I've more faith in Page getting something out of him than most.

14 minutes ago, NotJayTabb said:

I feel very comfortable in saying Page is better than any member of the Elite, he's proving to be a very good champion. The idea of him facing Adam Cole next isn't too thrilling, because of how dreadful Cole is, but I've more faith in Page getting something out of him than most.

Pretty much agreed with everything here

11 hours ago, C.S. said:

"Who is this big fella?"

All time great Rumble moment and Brock reaction - squandered!

Agreed about Brock's reaction and Keith's entrance being an all-time Rumble moment, but I have always felt Brock said "Who's this motherfucker?" with a shocked open face that put over Lee so much. I am no lip-reading expert though. 

9 minutes ago, MoS said:

Just compare him to Vader or someone, J.R, it's okay to compare black wrestlers to white ones lol 

True, especially considering what style Keith Lee works (or used to work, Meltz is spot on when he says Lee needs to drop some weight, Cassidy indeed made him godlike today but Lee's style is all about being really athletic for a big guy). That being said, I'm pretty sure some Twitter idiots would have called JR racist if he had done it, because how dare you compare Keith Lee to a white guy and all (when in fact)... Really though, to me it was almost a "Carlos Colon being called a youngster" moment. :lol:

2 hours ago, NotJayTabb said:

I'm not thrilled because I am pretty sure Cole is going to be the top champ earlier than someone like, say, MJF. 

Also, it's great to see Lee happy and healthy. WWE fumbled that one really bad. Is it safe to say Lee was their biggest mistreated talent ever? But hey, dude is catching dives and powerbombing fools onto other fools. It's dope.

As for that Miles Teller-looking mofo Jay White, it's fine. Having him appear in a segment in which he was indisguishable from everyone else was A Choice, I guess.

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

As for that Miles Teller-looking mofo Jay White, it's fine. Having him appear in a segment in which he was indisguishable from everyone else was A Choice, I guess.

Venn diagram for those who actively like Jay White and who like Elite melodrama is probably a circle, so I can see why he was debuted that way. It's about Omega, White, Elite v. Original Bullet Club Blah Blah Blah Blah. I don't really care about it, but for their audience, I think it was fine. 

22 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

Yeah, good week for Tony and Hangman.

Ups and downs, bubba!

14 minutes ago, MoS said:

I have come to the conclusion that my first proper MNW style dream match in this new semi-duopoly era of ours is Roman v. Hangman. 

Yup. More than any other combination, Roman vs Hangman is what I wanna see. Hobbs vs Big E would be a fun romp, too.

5 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Also, it's great to see Lee happy and healthy. WWE fumbled that one really bad. Is it safe to say Lee was their biggest mistreated talent ever? But hey, dude is catching dives and powerbombing fools onto other fools. It's dope.

Happy yes healthy no, looks like he blew up and that's not doing anything much in the match. Loved seeing him and he was crazy over with this crowd, His charisma made him look like a main eventer, but heath wise i am worried for him. He need's to lose a ton of weight and get his cardio up before I say he was healthy.  

27 minutes ago, ragemaster said:

Happy yes healthy no, looks like he blew up and that's not doing anything much in the match. Loved seeing him and he was crazy over with this crowd, His charisma made him look like a main eventer, but heath wise i am worried for him. He need's to lose a ton of weight and get his cardio up before I say he was healthy.  

He had a fairly serious heart issue than I'm sure did a number on his cardio, and I'm sure he was jacked up from getting such a great reaction (there's always that "did they forget me?" fear when someone is gone for a long time), so I wouldn't read too much in to him getting blown up. 

All this talk about Keith Lee needing to lose weight makes me wonder if anyone actually saw him prior to NXT. He's only slightly bigger than he was when he was the big indy darling. I mean it's probably a good idea for him to lose weight on general principles since that will help him as he gets older, but it's not like he's 1987 Adrian Adonis. 

Keith Lee vs WALTER PWG Battle Of Los Angeles 2017 Highlights - YouTube

Keith Lee vs Hangman Page PWG All Star Weekend 14 Highlights - YouTube

Keith Lee vs Trevor Lee PWG Head Like A Cole Highlights - YouTube

Jeff Cobb vs Keith Lee PWG Game Over Man Highlights - YouTube

Keith Lee vs Matt Riddle - Highlights - Neon Knights - YouTube

Big difference in his speed and stamina, Hopefully he can get his weight under control. As I'm more worried about him having a heart attack after his Covid issues and him carrying about 100 pounds more than he should.  I don't care if he can move fast and wrestle great at 300 pounds or not. How many wrestlers of that size has had health issues later in life or passed away too early?

Much rather see him at 245 tops in the ring, he with still be over huge and his heart and knees will benefit greatly from the drop in weight.