Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - February 9/11, 2022

MoS

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Tenese Sarwieh said:

Hangman is going out all in this championship reign, he is putting out bangers. Him and Cole are gonna bang so hard.

If Hangman is able to make me care about an Adam Cole match he could stay with the belt for as long as he wants.

3 minutes ago, strobogo said:

Shocked Cole face when Hangman kicks out of the Panama Sunrise, Shocked Cole Face when Hangman kicks out of the BOOM (maybe with a chair). Shocked Cole face when 

You forget shocked, then sad/painful face Adam Cole makes when a Panama Sunrise over the AEW belt doesn't give him the W.

17 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

If Hangman is able to make me care about an Adam Cole match he could stay with the belt for as long as he wants.

You forget shocked, then sad/painful face Adam Cole makes when a Panama Sunrise over the AEW belt doesn't give him the W.

I can't remember, did he do that prior to going to NXT?  Because I always think of that as "NXT Face".

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Remember when Keith Lee showed up in the Rumble and Brock was marking out at the thought of the BIG MEATY MEN SLAPPING MEAT match he could have with him?

"Who is this big fella?"

All time great Rumble moment and Brock reaction - squandered!

Even though I thought both of tonight's debuts were surprisingly low key in their presentation, especially Jay White's, Keith looked like an absolute star out there. He should give half his paycheck to Kassidy for bumping around the way he did. 

WTF was WWE thinking letting Keith Lee go? I'll never understand it. 

My only guess is that they must've thought they already had "better" big men in Big E, Odyssey Jones, and Otis. Might be why  Bronson Reed/JONAS was also released. That was another head-scratcher.

Somehow all my work emergencies happen on Wednesday nights?! Fuck due diligence. Starting Dynamite now - already been spoiled but that's fine, looking forward to catching up - and I am just popping for this MJF entrance. Jerome said the other day that making out on camera is a heel move and clearly MJF is a student of the game

Is that the first impromptu big-time match Dynamite has had leading off the opening segment? They shouldn't do it too often, but once in a while it's great, makes things feel more chaotic, even though Loss if he was on the booking team would almost certainly question the internal logical consistency here. Everyone was tremendous here, Wardlow's eventual face turn will be amazing

1 hour ago, MoS said:

Jerome said the other day that making out on camera is a heel move and clearly MJF is a student of the game

:lol:

I was wondering if she actually was his girlfriend or not during that "spot".

Apart from a few minor formatting issues, it was an amazing episode of Dynamite, the best of the year overall thus far. Punk & Mox vs FTR was a terrific match and quite the unexpected alliance. Dream match indeed, and one I had not think about. Page vs Archer over-delivered. Super creative in a good way, with two of the most ridiculous spots I've seen in a while (or not, considering how many insane stuff happening on a regular basis). The ending was so perfectly executed and amazingly thought out considering the entire match was built around the idea Page could not do the Buckshot. The 1-2 Punch of also falling through the tables *because* the tope rope had been removed (to prevent said Buckshot) was brillant and insane at the same time. They really should do a T-shirt that says "I <3" on the front with a cute design and a bloody "GORY SELF MUTILATION" on the back... 

Andrade vs Sammy vs Darby is a feud I can get behind. Ditto Penta dragging his evil LU character back. Really too bad Cesar Duran and Karlee Perez are in MLW limbo...

Santana & Ortiz getting with Eddie and finally getting the tag belts would be a good way to go at this point, with Jericho turning back heel maybe (he really did a good job letting Santana & Ortiz shine as well as Sammy here). The LAX line was pretty stiff ! 

Matt Hardy walking out on Private Party ? Hum... Can you feel a Hardy reunion in a few months ?

Jade Cargill doing that Jeff Cobb finisher after catching A.Q.A (what's up with that outfit with those dangerous suspenders and metallic clippers, I would not be happy working around those) in mid air was something. 

JAY WHITE !!! Only one of the most brillant pro-wrestler in the world. I marked the fuck out, I won't lie. Meltz had mentioned him so I was thinking he could show up. 

Keith Lee, of course. Looking like a STAR. JR almost had a Gorilla Mansoon moment, calling him a "young Mark Henry". Yeah, he's 37... Between him and Adam Cole, WWE really shows their complete and total incompetence. And speaking of Cole...

9 hours ago, Tenese Sarwieh said:

Him and Cole are gonna bang so hard.

This. 

And really now :

8 hours ago, C.S. said:

Gotta admire his honesty. If it were me, I would've made it seem like that was the plan all along.

This is pretty ace. The guy is paying attention, that's really cool. And it gives me some Jay White in AEW. One day this Omega vs White match has to happen somewhere too.

Yeah, pretty killer show setting up so many really cool shit to come.

All right, that Keith Lee debut is the greatest debut in AEW history, CM Punk included. Forget about looking like a star, the man looked like two levels above everyone else in all of pro wrestling. Imagine releasing THIS GUY LMAO. If he doesn't get hurt, he will be world champ in less than a year, what an incredibly cool superstar.

10 hours ago, Rah said:

Yeah, that debut was flat.

The audience know who Keith Lee is so they'll excuse this but imagine coming in cold and thinking this is the "hyped" signing. Everyone is wrestling like they're in mud today, it seems.

Completely disagree, I thought this debut was awesome. He threw around two grown men like kids, while also showing enough of his agility and athleticism to let everyone know he isn't just another big guy. And he looked charismatic as hell and the crowd was going super nuts for him. I think it more than lives up to the hype.

1 hour ago, MoS said:

Completely disagree, I thought this debut was awesome. He threw around two grown men like kids, while also showing enough of his agility and athleticism to let everyone know he isn't just another big guy. And he looked charismatic as hell and the crowd was going super nuts for him. I think it more than lives up to the hype.

Agree with all of this. It also had the added benefit of making JR mark out on commentary which means you keep company with Bryan Danielson. I cracked up at Hardy just leaving Private Party pissing in the wind though. I assume this leads to Jeff coming in but I’m not sure how all the pieces will fit. Props to Kassidy in that match too, he looked fantastic in there. I’m almost disappointed he isn’t in the ladder match now.

Great show all in all. I LOVED Punk picking Moxley and everything that went with it. The intersection of the Moxley and Danielson stuff, MJF reacting to Moxley, the crowd popping huge for the idea of them being a team and then them living out teenage dreams by hitting the Doomsday Device. Just a great 15/20 minutes or so of pro wrestling. 

Hangman Page is a madman. I don’t know if he’s the one who has decided his reign needs to be a total bloodfest but I’m down for it. What’s wild is that AEW don’t look like running out of those sorts of hot TV matches any time soon