MoS

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, MoS said:

Just an absolutely stacked card, with the exception of the highly underwhelming world title match

Great looking show from top to bottom. If someone knows the history between the Adams or if you follow all the Elite stuff I’m sure the world title match is more interesting. But as someone with only an outside knowledge of all that it’s just a perfectly acceptable title defense for Adam Page that helps elevate him further. Adam Cole has accomplished a fair amount in wrestling so it doesn’t hurt Page one bit to wrestle him for the World Title and win. 

I couldn't miss this show.

Hoping B/R has no issues.

I was able to order the show through Roku and pay with PayPal that way, and it shows up on both the Roku app and B/R site and app. Handy if you prefer PayPal, like I do.

I know you can do some fuckery with VPNs and Fite to get it that way in the U.S. cheaper, but nah, too much work for me and I'm fine properly supporting a show this stacked.

AEW has earned my money.

So things I expect to see tonight that haven’t been talked about too much on here:

-Kenny comes back to confront Cole

-Claudio debuts in the Eddie/Jericho aftermath

-Regal shows up

-Samoa Joe shows up as backup for Punk

I think with all eyes on this show, you unleash hell with getting big names back, the ROH tie-ins, etc. I’m not sure if you save any of these for TV, but considering what Tony did at All In with new faces and this show has similar vibes, I feel like this is another chance for something like that to happen. 

Prediction: Christian wins the Face of the Revolution Ladder Match

1. He's the best and most deserving wrestler in the match, by far, bar none.

2. A young boy and AEW pillar like Sammy would learn a ton and gain invaluable experience against one of the pillars of the Attitude Era in Christian.

3. If they want to go the distance with Sammy, Christian makes the most sense as his next challenger. He can afford to lose, which is not something you can say for most of the others in the match - Wardlow, Keith Lee, etc.

4. Christian being in this match = instant purchase for me to see the Instant Classic in all his glory!

I doubt the trios match will be a cooldown. At the very least, there should be some kind of reasonably hot angle to set the table for the dissolution of the AHFO and an eventual Hardys/Private Party feud. I don't think AEW believes in cooling the audience off before the main event anyway. Looking at their previous PPVs, the only semi-main I think could reasonably be called a cooldown match was Wight/Marshall at All Out 2021. 

I really want to order this, but work has me wiped out lately and there's a good chance I'll be in bed well before the show goes off the air. I think I'll most likely end up ordering it after the fact. Enjoy the show, everyone.

Live PPVs just can’t fit into my life and parental responsibilities, especially Sunday ones, but I’ll probably catch everything but the world and tag title matches tomorrow morning (maybe just highlights of the ladder match too even if I like everyone in it). I might be able to catch part of the buy-in which fulfilling said responsibilities though. The big question is how hard I try to avoid spoilers tonight. It really is a stacked card and I hope you guys enjoy it.

24 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Layla messed up a springboard whatever and a few fans already started talking shit. 

That apron Hurracanrana looked awful for both of them, yikes.

fuck the fans, the match was good. 

As soon as Stat stops doing shit high-flying moves coached in the house style, and just use her incredible power and charisma and likeability to work, she will be a megastar

1 minute ago, MoS said:

fuck the fans, the match was good. 

As soon as Stat stops doing shit high-flying moves coached in the house style, and just use her incredible power and charisma and likeability to work, she will be a megastar

I agree. I think that kinda applies to Hirsch as well. It should be just two STRONK women throwing bombs, no springboard shit.

Caught the first two matches.

I was looking forward to Statlander vs Leyla but what stood out the most was just how good Tony and Excalibur were as a two-man team. Maybe the best possible announcing team AEW has (Though I'd like to hear more Excalibur/Tony/Taz since they were good on the Hook match or just Tony/Taz maybe). Match itself was ok, though I thought they went a little big at times for an opening match, though I also imagine it was quite differently laid out and set up than the two other women's matches will be tonight. No problem with the springboard. It just made Stat look more impressive when she caught her. The hockey fight stuff towards the end really got across the grudge well I thought. Finish was fine and hopefully they carry it forward to a submission match or something.

I liked Hook vs QT a lot. It was definitely Hook's most complete match so far. QT worked exactly like I always want him to work (and like he never does), only getting opportunities due to sneaky tactics like getting a shot in using the ref as coverage on a break in the ropes or redirecting his leverage to toss Hook into the corner. Hook came back by ducking and catching things and hitting suplexes and he looked ok selling though he didn't have to eat any chained offense really. The finish was funny as he just dead stopped QT's clever attempt at getting one over on him and took him down.