KawadaSmile

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Tenese Sarwieh said:

I'd be way more excited for this Gable Stevenson thing if not for the horrible stuff he's gonna do when he to the roster.

If the guy has any charisma at all, he's gonna be huge since there's no way Vince doesn't push the hell out of an Olympic gold medalist who isn't in imminent danger of having his neck explode.

I wonder how Cody will be presented when he debuts. It would be kind of weird to paint him as a conquering hero since he was a midcard geek when he left WWE and was basically in the midcard in AEW when he left. It would also be weird to paint him as the invader from the competition since that's usually an angle in WWE that results in the "invader" getting jobbed out, and WWE's not going to want to do that (at least not immediately) because it would send a  negative message to everyone in AEW who's deals are coming up. 

It's also going to be weird in a kayfabe sense since he was probably the one who took the most shots at WWE, and him basking in the cheers of a Wrestlemania crowd just kind of makes his character look like either a phony or a hypocrite. 

12 hours ago, sek69 said:

I wonder how Cody will be presented when he debuts. It would be kind of weird to paint him as a conquering hero since he was a midcard geek when he left WWE and was basically in the midcard in AEW when he left. It would also be weird to paint him as the invader from the competition since that's usually an angle in WWE that results in the "invader" getting jobbed out, and WWE's not going to want to do that (at least not immediately) because it would send a  negative message to everyone in AEW who's deals are coming up. 

It's also going to be weird in a kayfabe sense since he was probably the one who took the most shots at WWE, and him basking in the cheers of a Wrestlemania crowd just kind of makes his character look like either a phony or a hypocrite. 

His upside is essentially Styles, but Styles came in loved by the hardcore fans and unknown to most of the others. He got a big pop from the hardcore group but wasn't tainted for the casuals.

Cody... it seems like everyone's going to have an opinion on him right away, and the opinions are going to be mixed. I'm sure he'll get a pop when he comes out first (because surprises always get one), but after that, it's really hard to tell. He's got a lot of baggage. It's going to be a real test of Vince because this could go very off the rails very quickly if he doesn't let the crowd lead on whether Cody should be a heel or a face and with how much respect he should be given.

3 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

The only interesting WWE storyline is finally going to be paid off, so mark your calendars.

It will be really weird if he is like really damn good.

"Shit you mean the dude we have been memeing for over six months is legit? Not memeable anymore I don't care"

45 minutes ago, Migs said:

His upside is essentially Styles, but Styles came in loved by the hardcore fans and unknown to most of the others. He got a big pop from the hardcore group but wasn't tainted for the casuals.

Cody... it seems like everyone's going to have an opinion on him right away, and the opinions are going to be mixed. I'm sure he'll get a pop when he comes out first (because surprises always get one), but after that, it's really hard to tell. He's got a lot of baggage. It's going to be a real test of Vince because this could go very off the rails very quickly if he doesn't let the crowd lead on whether Cody should be a heel or a face and with how much respect he should be given.

Luckily for Cody, WWE booking is such that Codyverse will be a thing there too

15 hours ago, El-P said:

AL Snow also said that there was only *one pop* during a show, if I remember correctly. The guy who only ever got over in ECW thanks to a styrofoam head and a sexual pun giving advices like he's Yoda or something always cracked me up.

I saw a screen cap from one of those shoots where they ask questions from "viewers" with Snow.  The question was something to the effect of "You've said that no one should give advice on wrestling unless they've been a draw.  So, how come you are training wrestlers when you've never drawn a dime?"  That's not the exact wording, but it cracked me up.

11 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

It will be really weird if he is like really damn good.

"Shit you mean the dude we have been memeing for over six months is legit? Not memeable anymore I don't care"

What I've seen has been decent, he seems like a solid big man with some good movement and a big old clothesline as a finish. Seems like a nice guy on Twitter too, hope he does well

27 minutes ago, Log said:

I saw a screen cap from one of those shoots where they ask questions from "viewers" with Snow.  The question was something to the effect of "You've said that no one should give advice on wrestling unless they've been a draw.  So, how come you are training wrestlers when you've never drawn a dime?"  That's not the exact wording, but it cracked me up.

Exactly this :lol:. Snow always came off like a bitter old guy to me. It's not like his work was notably great either. His SMW stuff really isn't that good. His ECW stuff is super hot because of the crazy gimmick but the big Douglas match sucked (ok, Douglas was banged up as hell). His WWE stint is at best okay in a goofy way, at worst pretty bad. The guy never drew a dime indeed. And he's acting like this all-knowing crusty veteran... meanwhile, Tracey Smothers, who actually was a great worker at the very least, was always giving and positive with younger guys if you believe the numerous stories about him. Hey, maybe Al Snow is a good trainer, I dunno...

That's still something that I also see as a missed opportunity back then for ECW. Al Snow & Head were so over with the ECW faithfuls. I don't know exactly why Heyman didn't pull the trigger on selling Head replicas but imagine what could've been for ECW in a time where they wouldn't always have to rely on Tommy Dreamer as the top babyface.

When I was ring announcing locally, I worked several shows with Shane Douglas, and we discussed the Al Snow feud once. He said that his elbow and facial injuries were bad enough that he begged Heyman to put the belt on Snow at Wrestlepalooza, but Paul wouldn't do it because Snow was still contracted to Vince and Paul didn't want the headache of potentially having the ECW Champion being pulled from shows on Vince's whims.