Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
KawadaSmile

AEW TV 06/22 - 06/24 Steph Curry is top 10 of all time

IIRC she's been doing it for a couple weeks? I noticed it last week for sure.

1 minute ago, KawadaSmile said:

Hot take: Okada is essentially Orton if Randy gave a fuck more often. Top tier material, but not as fun.

You know, looking back at the last run of Orton giving a shit  I think I would agree.

Also I can't think of bigger culture shock than Okada in Wisconsin. 

Toni has been by far the best of the WWE refugees in AEW on the women's side, and the crowd reactions seem to reflect that.  One of the few matches on this PPV i have interest in

5 minutes ago, The Man in Blak said:

Rey “Feh-nix”?

That's how it's pronounced in Spanish.

Sting needs to bring back the Joker gimmick one more time when teaming with Hiromu.

9 minutes ago, sek69 said:

That's how it's pronounced in Spanish.

Makes sense. I just remembered the “phoenix” pronunciation being used before in AEW and I never caught the change until now. (It’s probably been that way for months, but that’s what I get for actually watching Dynamite unmuted for once.)

1 hour ago, Blehschmidt said:

Except for the part where he is super over and sells a ton of merchandise. So you can take those talking points back to the Cult.

Something can be “over” and bad for the overall creative fabric of the show, especially when presented as a credible threat to actual top guys. How is one to take Ospreay as a credible threat for future collabs if he somehow struggles to put away Orange fucking Cassidy? I’m not a fan of the Ezekiel or 24/7 stuff on WWE either, am I getting that from Cornette? I don’t expect Bill Watts levels of fastidiousness in 2022, but “cordon off the postmodern kitsch if you must have it” seems like a pretty basic rule of thumb to presenting a coherent product. 

Orange-Ospreay is going to rule. They're both great.

The Danielson stuff was a real bummer, but I think they've roughly made the best of their situation here. Do wish the Bucks had gotten a real match (them against Darby and Hiromu would be insane, for example), but I'm still excited to be going. 

23 minutes ago, Embrodak said:

How is one to take Ospreay as a credible threat for future collabs if he somehow struggles to put away Orange fucking Cassidy?

People lose to Toru Yano all the time without losing credibility. The fans take it for what it is.

Orange has been a solid mid to upper card guy until Keith Lee accidently yeeted him halfway down the aisleway and hurt his shoulder. Toru Yano is usually booked as a lower midcard guy who is extra wily and will sometimes steal wins. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Sting needs to bring back the Joker gimmick one more time when teaming with Hiromu.

I'm just sayin'.

If Hiromu doesn't bring Daryl with him at ringside and Daryl doesn't have his face painted like Sting, are we even tryin'?