Pro Wrestling Only

Mid-South Wrestling Revolution

kevinmcfl

The following Associated Press story was picked up by newspapers all around the southern part of the United States. 

(Again, sorry for being a few days early, but with all the changes going on, I thought I would get this out there so Perfectly Straightedge can get started.  I planned to write a full show of the title tournament but went with this style to save time)

HbMrwqA.png?1

WRESTLING’S GREAT NIGHT MARRED BY RIOT IN BILOXI

July 4th, 1987 was set to be one of the greatest nights in Southern Wrestling history.  The Bill Watts led UWF was hosting its holiday spectacular in the Gulf Coast Coliseum in Biloxi, Mississippi.  This event was to hold 4 huge title events with Lex Luger and his provocative manager, simply known as Woman, challenging the UWF Champion “Hacksaw” Butch Reed in the main event.  While all of this was going on, an upstart rival promotion, Mid-South Wrestling Revolution, was hosting its inaugural event less than 100 miles away in The Civic Center in Mobile, Alabama.  The Revolution event was running a huge one-night single elimination tournament to crown their first ever Revolution Champion.  The event included such stars as “The Russian Nightmare” Nikita Koloff, “The Nature Boy” Buddy Landel, Wahoo McDaniel and the return of one of the most popular wrestlers in southern history, the Junkyard Dog!

In the end, both promotions put on spectacular shows.  In the UWF, Lex Luger was successful in his attempt to win the UWF title and in Revolution, Nikita Koloff held off all challengers to become the first Revolution Champion.  All of this might be second fiddle to what happened outside of the Gulf Coast Coliseum at about 5:00 Monday evening.

Nine Greyhound coach buses pulled up to the box office at the Coliseum and none other then suspended UWF manager, Ernie Ladd came off the first bus with a megaphone in hand.  Ladd starts yelling to the fans who were on line that there was no need to spend their hard-earned money on a second rate wrestling show.  Ladd went on to offer a bus ride and free admission to his Revolution event and a return bus ride back to their car.  Many of the fans were skeptical of taking the one-hour bus ride with Ladd but when he informed the crowd that not only would they see such stars Wahoo McDaniel and The Koloffs but they would also see the return of the most popular wrestler ever in this area,  Junkyard Dog.  As the fans started to stir, Ladd takes out a recorded and plays “Another One Bites The Dust.” JYD’s entrance song and within minutes the buses were filling up!

Fast forward about five minutes and you see Bill Watts and numerous security guards running toward the buses.  Watts is screaming to call the police and about Ladd trespassing.  Ladd steps off the bus and starts to grin at Watt’s.  Fans in attendance said the smile was like Ladd telling Watts, “I got you now.”  Watts lost his cool and walked right up to Ernie Ladd and shoved him in the chest.  Ladd retaliated with a shove of his own.  Next thing you know, security guards, who were obviously there to protect Ladd came off the first bus  while Watt’s security guards moved forward.  Basically, there is a riot going on in the parking lot of the Gulf Coast Coliseum.

Before the police arrive, numerous people are injured but more importantly, Ladd is able to get back on the bus and gives the command to the drivers to pull out and head to Mobile.  Watts, who is furious, is screaming at the police to arrest Ladd for assault but the police decided that it would be better for the entire situation if Ladd and his buses just left Biloxi.  Wrestling fans have known for years that Watts and Ladd don’t like each other but tonight proved that this feud is far from over.  Ladd took well over 500 fans with him to Revolution, an act coasting Watts and the UWF thousand of dollars. 

One special guest to attend the event at the Mobile Civic Center was Ted Turner, the owner of WTBS, Superstation 17 in Atlanta.  Turner has long been a wrestling fan with his cable channel bringing Southern Style "Rasslin" to fans all over the country.  Turner has also been on the fence in the war between Ladd and Watts.  When Watts suspended the managerial license of Ladd in the UWF, Turner quickly came to the Big Cat’s defense and offered him a job as a commentator on the UWF television show airing on the Superstation.  Ladd, eventually thanked Turner for the opportunity but turned the offer down.  Now, with Turner in the front row of the first Revolution Wrestling event, fans are wondering if Turner’s money is behind this new promotion or if it is all Ernie Ladd’s doing.  Nonetheless, rumor has it that Turner has offered the 6:05 p.m. timeslot on Saturday night to Ladd’s new organization.  The UWF used to have a two-hour show running from 6:05-8:05 but that seems to now be cut in half.

There is no taking away from the great wrestling events of last night.  Both the UWF and Mid-South Revolution put on fantastic events.  The problem was that the riot in Biloxi put on a black eye on a sport that is already under the watchful eye of all state’s sports commissions.  Can Watts forget about the fact that Ladd is trying to take away his livelihood.  All we know for sure is that July 5th, 1987 has changes the landscape of professional wrestling across the entire Gulf State’s region.   

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jmytUJh.png?5

EPISIDE #1

July 11, 1987

cARNHm7.jpg

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very,very much indeed to the initial episode of Mid-South Revolution Wrestling.  I am Gordon Solie and it is my pleasure to be coming to you tonight from the Houston County Farm Center in Dothan, Alabama.  So many things will be happening in the next hour but first let me bring in a man who is not without controversy in his career but is the man responsible for all of this here today… one Ernie Ladd.

Ladd comes out to a chorus of boos

IvqlnLB.png?2

Ernie Ladd:  Haha… I understand that no matter what I do, there are going to be people out here who just don’t like me and that’s okay.  Too many folks have been brainwashed by Cowboy Bill Watts and UWF Wrestling.  They think that whatever he said was Gospel but give me a few months and you will see what a real wrestling promotion is all about.  We here at Revolution Wrestling will not unfairly treat wrestlers just because they ruffle the feathers of the President.  We will not make up rules to suspend those we don’t like.  We will not give titles to the Good Ol Boys just because they bend over backwards to kiss the bosses you know what!  Here in Revolution, everyone will be treated the same.  We will not suspend one wrestler for throwing a punch and then praise another for knocking someone’s head off.  I would also like to thank Mr. Ted Turner for giving me the opportunity to bring this show to everyone at home and I promise you that in just a few short months, Revolution Wrestling will be the top-rated Wrestling show in the South.  I’m also laying down a challenge to Cowboy Bill Watts.  Anytime you want to shut me up, anytime you want to prove to your fans how tough you are, just show up here any Saturday night to the Houston County Farm Center and I will show you, once and for all, in a FAIR wrestling match, who the better man is.

Gordon Solie:  Fair enough Mr. Ladd.  Fair enough.   Now fans, as for tonight’s show, you will see the Junkyard Dog is action.  Ray “The Crippler” Stevens will be taking on Porkchop Cash.  One of the most notorious tag teams ever in this area, The Commonwealth, is back to cause more havoc.  Also in tag team action, the Lightening Express will be taking on Rotten Ron Starr and Carl Fergie and in the main event, it will be Wahoo McDaniel vs Ivan Koloff. Along with those great matches, you will also be hearing from Freebird Michael Hayes, Eddie Gilbert and the former NWA World Champion Tully Blanchard!  Now let’s head to the ring for our first ever television match here on Mid-South Revolution Wrestling….

MATCH 

JUNKYARD DOG VS LARRY CHEATUM

Give Ernie Ladd some credit.  He knows where his bread is buttered, and he starts off his first show with one of the most popular wrestlers in Rasslin history… JYD.  When the first chord of “Another One Bites the Dust” came over the house speaker, the Farm Center exploded.

igxJBnh.png?1

As for the match, JYD was in complete control no matter how dirty the tactics were from Cheatum.  In the end, Gordon Solie is heard, “ BRO-ther, it is obvious that JYD has tired on Mr. Cheatum’s ways and has connected with a Big Thump Powerslam.  And that’s all she wrote.

JYD comes over to the podium with Gordon Solie…

Gordon Solie:  JYD congratulations on winning the first ever televised match here on Mid-South Revolution Wrestling. 

JYD:  Thank you Gordon.  It is great to be here but to tell ya the truth, this is not the win I was hoping for.

Gordon Solie:  Fans, for those of you who don’t know what JYD is referring to, he is talking about the finals of the Revolution Title Tournament from this past July 4th in Mobile, Alabama.

JYD:  That’s exactly right Gordon.  It was me and that Russian Nightmare, Nikita Koloff in that ring together.  He might be bib and mean but so’s JYD and I had him right where I wanted to until his old “Uncle Ivan” got involved and hit me with a chain.

A VTR is shown of JYD repeatedly headbutting Nikita and then going for the pin but the ref was down.  Ivan Koloff climbed to the top rope with his Russian chain wrapped around his fist.  He came crashing down onto the back of JYD with that fist and that was all she wrote.

Gordon Solie:  And there you have it…

JYD:  Well Gordon, this week in the Boutwell Auditorium, the Dog is going to get his revenge.  See Ivan Koloff, I’m pretty good with a chain myself and it’s going to be me and you chained together by our necks… that’s right Dog Collar Match… Koloff, you gonna find out that my bite is way worse than my bark.

JYD is doing a little barking at the moon as Gordon Solie takes us to break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK-PROMOS FOR THE BOUTWELL AUDITORIUM 

MATCH:

Ray “The Crippler” Stevens with Ron Wright vs Porkchop Cash

This was a back-and-forth bout until Ron Wright got involved and clobbered Cash with his chisel.  This made it easy for Stevens to get the win with the piledriver, a move that Gordon Solie thinks should be banned from pro wrestling. 

pEQ67rd.png

We get a quick post-match interview where Ron Wright is grateful for Ernie Ladd taking some of the steam out of the UWF and Bill Watt’s and how he is grateful for bringing Wrestling back to the Christian folks in the area. 

image.jpeg.bdd1ee0dd442ee27c445e5548c94681d.jpeg

Ray Stevens doesn’t seem to be very Christian though with his promise to cripple anyone who gets in his way.  Stevens admits to being a little long in the tooth but dares anyone who thinks they could be this old man down to step in the ring with him.

When Stevens and Wright leave the podium, Eddie Gilbert, Missy Hyatt Doug Gilbert and Rick Steiner come to the podium.  The interesting thing is that Eddie Gilbert is carrying his UWF Television Title with him.  This brings Ernie Ladd right back out to the podium.

zD7ou1l.png?1

Ernie Ladd:  Eddie, Eddie, you know that I respect you and Missy Hyatt very much, but I can’t allow that fake UWF Television title here in Revolution Wrestling.  If you want to stay, the title must go.  I understand you are still the TV champion in that second-rate promotion but not here.  It’s you or the title but something must go!

Eddie Gilbert: That’s the easiest question I’ve had since second grade.  I completely agree with you on Bill Watt’s!

The camera follows Eddie Gilbert as he walks to a trash can and simply throws the UWF TV title away.

Missy Hyatt:  Mr. Ladd,  Hyatt International and Hot Stuff Inc. is here in Revolution Wrestling to stay.  We are going to bring our knowledge, expertise and yes ,our Hotness here to help any young wrestler who wants to learn the ropes.  This week in the Boutwell Auditorium, Rick Steiner will step into that ring and show you just what a wrestler is capable of after being trained by us can do as he will destroy the former Bahamiana Champion, Tyree Pride!

Gordon Solie:  Ah Huh,  One question Miss. Hyatt… where is your other student I saw on UWF television, Chris Benoit?

Missy Hyatt:  Some students just can’t be helped

MATCH

The Commonwealth (The Sheepherders with Jonathan Boyd) vs Bill Tab & Allen Martin

beimFrp.jpg?1

This match was nothing more than a brutal beating as Luke Williams and Butch Miller just beat their opponents from pillar to post with Boyd even clobbering both men with the Commonwealth Flag once the match was over.

A quick-post match interview has the Commonwealth spitting and screaming about how they are going to destroy any tag team tat gets in their way.  As they head anyway from the podium, we hear Gordon Solie saying, “No question about it, those men are doubly tough.  I would heed what they say and not get in their way.” 

Next to the podium is Freebird Michael Hayes who comes out all alone.

Gordon Solie:  Michael, you and I go back a long way.  Sometimes, I agree with what you do and sometimes I don’t.  Last week in Biloxi, I heard you came to the aid of former Freebird Terry Gordy, a man you have tried so hard to put out of wrestling for the past 18 months.  I must admit, I am somewhat confused.

Michael Hayes:  Nobody who isn’t a Freebird can understand what went down in Biloxi.  Terry and I have spent the last year and half spilling each other’s blood all over each and ever arena from Texas to Alabama and back!   Heck, I attacked him in a hospital bed and was sure he would never step foot in a wrestling ring again.  But…. (Hayes getting teary-eyed) Terry and I are family.  Families fight the hardest against each other.  Families are ready to kill each other but … eventually they remember they are family.  TERRY…. YOU AND I ARE FAMILY.  When I saw Vader and Barbarian continuing to try and hurt Bam Bam, I couldn’t take it anymore.  When that jezebel, Woman, had knocked out Dr. Death with the ether, and Vader hit powerbomb after powerbomb on Gordy, I snapped.  I told Buddy Jack, It’s Over.  Let’s go get out brother a smile 10 miles wide broke out on his face. I’ve said this a million times, Once A Freebird… Always a Freebird.

The crowd at the Farm Center gasps as Terry Gordy comes out…

Terry Gordy:  Michael Hayes… what you have done to me in the past is something I will never forget.  You tried to end my career.  You tried to make sure I would never see my children again.  You tried to make sure that I would never walk down Badstreet again!  (Gordy just stands there shaking his head and starring at the floor)  But….. As much as I hate you right now, you are right.  We are family!  Come here brother…

A very emotional hug between Hayes and Gordy occurs as Gordon Solie is heard saying, “First the return of the Junkyard Dog and now the reuniting of the Freebirds.  Mid-South Wrestling Revolution Wrestling has taught us very quickly to expect the unexpected and don’t miss a minute of the action.  We will be right back. 

QDTXJdm.png?2

MATCH

The Lightening Express (Brad Armstrong & Tim Horner) vs Rotten Ron Starr & Carl Fergie

Before the match started, Rotten Ron Starr and Carl Fergie stopped by the podium where Fergie made it clear how thankful he was to Ernie Ladd for giving him this opportunity to wrestle again as that cheat Cowboy Bill Watts had suspended him for life from the UWF.  When Gordon asked if that had anything to do with him taking bribes, Ron Starr jumped in and told Solie to mind his own business.

As for the match, it was a back and forth with the Express starting out with some technical moves, but they soon became tired of the questionable tactics of their opponents and this one broke out it to a brawl.  In the end, Armstrong connected with The Russian Legsweep for the win.

bDAvY7w.png?1

At the podium Solie congratulated Armstrong and Horner for their great win.  Both Brad and Tim were gracious in the interview but they both took offense to the Commonwealth saying they were going to destroy all the tag teams in Revolution and that they were looking forward to their match at the Boutwell Auditorium the Monday night.

When they left the podium, former 2x NWA Champion Tully Blanchard comes out to the podium.

ahkdaAn.png?1

Gordon Solie:  Well Mr. Blanchard, it has been a while since you have been in these parts.  What has brought you to Revolution?

Tully Blanchard:  Gordon, I think that is clear.  When I heard that Revolution Wrestling was an actual Revolution against Bill Watts, I came running.

Gordon Solie:  Now Mr. Blanchard, this is not about Bill Watts.  This is simply a company that saw an opportunity to bring the best wrestling to the best fans in the world.

Tully Blanchard:  Solie, Don’t be so naïve.  Ernie Ladd has done us all a favor.  Get Watts out of wrestling!  Remember it was Watts who stole my NWA title in a non-sanctioned match against Magnum T.A.  I am back to prove to everyone that me losing was a fluke.  I will soon have gold around my waist again!

Gordon Solie:  Well that remains to be seen.  I also see you have a new , uhmmm, manager?

Tully Blanchard:  Manager is an understatement.  This is perfection.  She is the most beautiful, the most successful women in wrestling today.  She always gets what she wants.  This is Dark Journey and I promise you that it will be a dark day for anyone that gets in our way!

MAIN EVENT MATCH

Wahoo McDaniel vs Ivan Koloff

As you could expect from this match, we have nothing more than a brawl and it deteriorates quickly.  When Wahoo gained the momentum, Revolution Champion Nikita Koloff rushed the ring and the two began to beat on Wahoo. 

Gordon Solie:  Wahoo’s head has been laceriated and his face is quickly becoming a crimson mask.  Waitaminute, Waitaminute, here comes Junkyard Dog!  JYD scoops up Ivan Koloff and slams him down.  Headbutt by the Dog to Nikita’s head.  Wahoo is up on his feet and he is chopping away on the Russians.  Katie bar the door!  We have a real Pier 6 brawl none.  Folks we are just about out of time.  Make sure if you are anywhere near Birmingham on Monday you head to the Boutwell Auditorium.  So long from the Heart of Dixie

Gordon Solie & Ernie Ladd make quite the interesting pair to welcome us to the new territory.

JYD claims the first win on Revolution TV & immediately challenges Uncle Ivan to a dog collar match. What a start!

Ron Wright has found himself a fine talent in the Crippler.

EDDIE GILBERT JUST THREW DOWN THE UWF TV TITLE ON REVOLUTION TV! Now that's how you get people talking!

Jonathon Boyd & the Sheepherders, together again.

Hayes & Gordy prove that when all is set & done, you can always count on your brother.

The Lightning Express arrives with a win.

Tully Blanchard & Dark Journey make quite the duo. Like the history of Blanchard being heated that Watts stripped him of the title,

And we end with some great southern chaos as Wahoo & JYD come together to take on the Koloffs.

The Revolution is on & it will be televised!

After that opening promo from Ladd, I'm fired up for Revolution! 

JYD is right where he belongs. No wasted time as it's him and Uncle Ivan in an upcoming dog collar match.

Ron Wright and the Crippler, what a pair! They're off to a great start.

Hot Stuff Inc is here! I know Gilbert's going to have major heat with Watts after throwing the TV title in the trash. Steiner makes the cut, but looks like Benoit doesn't. 

Commonwealth returns and makes a brutal statement.

Freebirds proves that nothing is stronger than family. The united Freebirds are going to run this place. 

Starr and game favorite Carl Fergie get some promo time. However, the Lightning Express take them down and are looking ahead to the Sheepherders. 

The surprises keep coming as former NWA champ Tully Blanchard shows up! Great moment! Nice addition with Dark Journey. 

Nothing like a pier six brawl to end the first show. 

Exciting show that really set the tone. Great idea Kev! 

jmytUJh.png?5

EPISODE #2

JULY 18, 1987

The Show starts with a montage set to some techno music with the video coming from matches from this past week at the Boutwell Auditorium.  We see Michael Hayes and Terry Gordy back in the ring together, Tully Blanchard walking to the ring with Dark Journey, Scott Armstrong rushing out to help Brad Armstrong and Tim Horner who had been attacked by Lord Jonathan Boyd with the flagpole in the Lightening Express-Commonwealth (Sheepherders) match, and in the big one, a bloody JYD Thumped Ivan Koloff in the Dog-Collar Match.

7HFUdeP.png?1

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very,very much indeed to another week of Mid-South Revolution Wrestling.  I am Gordon Solie and it is my pleasure to be coming to you tonight from the Houston County Farm Center in Dothan, Alabama.  What a night it was this past Monday in the Boutwell Auditorium.  As you just saw JYD had a big win against the Russian Bear Ivan Koloff but Ivan may have had the last laugh of the evening as he distracted Wahoo McDaniel long enough to allow The Mid-South Revolution Champion, Nikita Koloff, to connect with the Russian Sickle and retain his title.  Let me bring out JYD and Wahoo McDaniel now to get their thoughts on the Russians. 

BcVYJi4.png?1

JYD:  Listen up Gordon… I’ve back in these parts for less than 3 weeks and I already know we got ourselves a Russian problem.  Now I told ya’ll last week that the Dog was pretty good with a chain and I put down that no good Russian Bear but I guess I didn’t do a good enough job as that snake in the grass came out and cost my pal here the Revolution title!  I promise you that won’t happen again!

Kzqoql8.png

Wahoo McDaniel:  You said a mouthful their JYD.  We got ourselves a Russian problem.  Now they talk a good game but they’re nothing more than yellow-bellied cowards.  All they do is attack when they got a numbers advantage.  One on one, they can’t get the job done.  This week in Jackson, Mississippi at the Coliseum, me and the Dog are going to prove that they can’t get the job done 2 on 2 either. 

Gordon Solie:  That’s right folks, big night in Jackson this Monday but before we get to the Coliseum, we got a great hour instore for you right here on the Superstation.  The Freebirds will in action today as will The Crippler Ray Stevens.  We will also see the legendary masked man, The Spoiler in action taking on Pretty Boy Doug Somers.  World’s Strongman Bill Kazmaier is here.  We will also be talking to the Koloffs, Tully Blanchard, the Lightening Express and in our main event, it will be Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert facing Bret Sawyer!  Wrestling fans, lets get to the ring for our first match. 

MATCH 

The Freebirds (Terry Gordy & Buddy Roberts with Michael Hayes) vs Allen Martin, & Bill Tab

This match is nothing more than a show case of the Freebirds unity.  The crowd really exploded when the first chords of Bad Steet USA came through the speakers.  About halfway through the match, Lord Jonathan Boyd and the Sheepherders came out and watched from ringside.  This did not sit well with the Freebirds who took it out their opponents.  The end came when Gordy, who had beaten Martin from pillar to post, finished him off with the Oriental Spike.  Michael Hayes quickly jumped in the ring and the Freebirds dared the Commonwealth to step up.  Boyd and the Sheepherders simply smile a crazy smile and point to the Freebirds to put them on notice that they will meet soon enough.  The crowd boos as the Commonwealth walks away.

4f43LYy.jpg?2

Gordon Solie:  Well congratulations gentlemen.  It seems that while the fans are excited that you have all gotten back together, the Commonwealth might not be as happy.

Michael Hayes:  Gordon, nothing can ruin this moment.  Not the Commonwealth…not ugly Jonathan Boyd, not the mangled faced of the Sheepherders… nothing!  The family is back.  Terry Gordy has come home and Freebird mania is about to run wild up and down Revolution Wrestling.

Gordon Solie:  From the match I just saw, it seems like you three haven’t missed a step.

Terry Gordy:  It’s like the family reunion that people have once a year.  You meet up with people you haven’t seen in forever and you just start right where you left off.

Buddy Roberts:  Speaking of right where we left off, Commonwealth, you come out to one of our matches again and you better be ready to fight.  We got a lot of butt kicking to catch up on and we got no problem starting with you three.

Gordon Solie:  There you have it folks.  The Freebirds right back where the belong… together. 

COMMERCIAL BREAK-PROMOS FOR THE MISSISSIPPI COLISEUM IN JACKSON

MATCH:

Ray “The Crippler” Stevens with Ron Wright vs JT Southern

Give Southern some credit.  He didn’t back down from the Crippler … but maybe he should have.  One questionable tactic,  an illegal break in the corner with a punch to the gut was all Stevens needed to systematically and violently destroyed young JT Southern.  The end came by way of the piledriver.  Again,  Gordon Solie expressed his opinion that the piledriver is just too dangerous of a move and that it should be outlawed. 

pEQ67rd.png

We get a quick post-match interview where Ron Wright is telling folks that they should be more respectful of “The Crippler” as he is doing Christian work in trying to rid Revolution Wrestling of all these non-God-Ferring people like Porkchop Cash and JT Southern.  He goes on to say that wrestling has no place for people the likes of Porkchop Cash and that in his day, people like Mr. Porkchop knew not to be seen or heard.  While this obvious racist comment has upset the fans, it put a bit of a smirk on the Crippler’s face.  A frustrated Gordon Solie, simply ended the interview with his “that will be about enough of that” quote.  Next to the podium was Revolution champion Nikita Koloff and his uncle, “The Russian Bear,” Ivan Koloff.

1DQ18V3.png?1

Gordon Solie:  Gentlemen, I’m not sure this is your scheduled time.

Ivan Koloff:  Gordon Solie, this is the difference in the United States and Russia.  In Russia, champions are honored.  They are respected.  Here in the U.S.A, if you are not some loser like Junkyard Dog or Wahoo McDaniel, you get no attention.

Gordon Solie:  Now wait just a minute, JYD and Wahoo McDaniel are not losers they are…

Ivan Koloff: And that’s anther thing, in Russian, announcer know their place.  As I was saying, this is the second week of Revolution Wrestling and you have not had the champion on once yet.  American beau acracy at its best.  This week Nikita and I will prove to you and all these fans, that Junkyard Dog and Wahoo McDaniel don’t belong on the same ring as Nikita and myself.

Gordon Solie:  It seems you are forgetting that it took you and a big Russian chain to the back of JYD’s head for Nikita to win the title in the first place.

Nikita steps towards Gordon Solie like he is about to strike and you can tell Solie is little shaken by this.  The Russians turn and head off.

Gordon Solie:  Uh…, let’s go to break. 

MATCH

The Spoiler vs “Pretty Boy” Doug Somers

A pretty even match that saw the dirty tactics of Somers help to get Spoiler over as a babyface.  In the end, the 6’4, 230-pound Spoiler showed his athletic ability by walking across the top rope while holding Somers in an arm twist.  Spoiler leaps off the top rope with an elbow to the shoulder of Somers and Somers goes down.  Spoiler locks in the Brain Claw and Gordon Solie is heard saying, “that’s all she wrote.  Somers had no choice but to concede.

i0wF06F.png?1

A quick interview with the Spoiler shows a humble Spoiler hoping that Revolution Wrestling might give him one more shot at a sport he loves.  He goes on to call out all the people like Somers, The Crippler and Eddie Gilbert who are here for the wrong reasons and that he is going to enjoy spoiling their hopes of controlling Revolution by wrong methods.

When the Spoiler leaves the set, Gordon Solie calls in Revolution President, Ernie Ladd.  Ladd still comes out to a chorus of boos but that doesn’t seem to bother him in the least.

IvqlnLB.png?2

Ernie Ladd:  Week 2 Gordon and still no sign of that free buffet-eating Bill Watts.  I gave him an open challenge to come to Houston County Farm Center any Saturday night and once again, he is too much of a coward to show up.  I might just have to go down there to that other show and get my pound of flesh. 

Gordon Solie:  Mr. Ladd, I hear you have a big announcement

Ernie Ladd:  That I do Gordon.  We have already crowned our Revolution Champion, now it is time to crown our tag team champions.  The word is out that Revolution Wrestling is the place to be ,but I want to give all those people who live way out there in the woods some time to get here.  So, on Labor Day, we will be holding the $100,000 Ted Turner Cup to crown the first ever Mid-South Wrestling Revolution Tag Team Champions. 

Gordon Solie:  Wow, that seems like some event.  Where will that event be held?

Ernie Ladd:  That’s a good question Gordon.  We want this event to be wherever the best Revolution fans are so we have not made that decision.  We are going to hold off about a month and see which arena has the best fans.  So, when we come to your city over the next month, come on out and support the Revolution.  Come out and scream your heads off.  Come out and really get into it.  The city that does this the best will hoist the Ted Turner Cup!

Gordon Solie:  Mr. Ladd, I can tell you that you are going to have a tough choice there.  I have been at a number of Revolution shows already and all of the fans have been great. 

Ernie Ladd:  And fans, you never know when that Big Dummy Bill Watts is going to show up and I can show him why he went into retirement.  And that beating will be for free for ya’ll to watch.

MATCH

“World Strongman” Bill Kazmaier defeats Cougar Jay with a bearhug

This match was nothing more than a way to introduce Kazmaier to the audience.  The only thing bigger that Kazmaier’s bulk was his smile and his charisma which quickly endeared him to the fans. 

l3iugzP.png?1

Kazmaier was also right up Solie’s ally as he loved spouting off stats about his lifting career and other feats of strengths along with naming obscure muscles of the “doubly wide” Kazmaier.

A quick post-match interview with the strongman also served to win him over with the crowd.  The situation seemed to get interesting when Tully Blanchard and Dark Journey came out and interrupted the interview. 

ahkdaAn.png?1

Tully wondered why the crowd was oohhhing and ahhhinng over a man that has been in the business for like 5 seconds and when he, Tully Blanchard, former 2x NWA World Champion comes out, the fans show complete disrespect.  Kazmaier makes sure to say that he has all the respect in the world for Tully…. But that he has not and will not back down from any man. 

When Kazmaier goes to walk away, Tully connects with a big forearm to the neck of the strongman.  Kazmaier simply stands up a little taller, turns around with that same charismatic grin and looks at Tully.

It is like Tully has seen a ghost and grabs Dark Journey and they head for the hills.

Gordon Solie:  Well now, I’ve never seen Tully react in such fashion but than again, I’m not sure Tully has ever hit a man like Bill Kazmaier before. 

Before our main event match, The Lightening Express (Brad Armstrong & Tim Horner) come out for a quick interview where they seem to be excited that the Freebirds are also after The Commonwealth.  A video tape from the Boutwell Auditorium is shown where the Commonwealth were seen hitting Brad over the head with a flagpole and busting him wide open.  The tape also shows Brad’s brother, Scott, getting beaten to a bloody pulp when he came to help.  According to both Brad and Tim, it doesn’t matter to them if it’s the Freebirds or the Express, but someone has to put the Commonwealth in their place. 

MAIN EVENT MATCH

Eddie Gilbert with Missy Hyatt vs Brett Wayne Sawyer

rlXRSxj.jpg?1

A nice back and forth match that had Eddie Gilbert frustrated that he could not put away Sawyer.  In the end Missy Hyatt sprayed some sort of perfume in the eyes of Sawyer which helped set up Hot Stuff Eddie for the Hot Shot and the victory.  It seemed like Hyatt International wanted to make an example of Sawyer and anyone else in the Revolution locker room that wanted to stand up to Hot Stuff Inc.  Once the match was over, Hyatt sent in Rick Steiner and Doug Gilbert to continue to beat on Sawyer.  While Doug did little here, Steiner with some huge power moves left Sawyer motionless in the center of the ring.    

Gordon Solie:  Folks, I must admit that nothing Eddie Gilbert does shocks me anymore.  He is a man with an ego 10 miles wide and each week, he does something despicable like what he just did to Brett Sawyer.  Make sure if you are anywhere near Jackson on Monday you head to the Coliseum.  So long from the Heart of Dixie

MISSISSIPPI COLISEUM THIS MONDAY

Brett Sawyer vs “Pretty Boy” Doug Somers

Ray Stevens with Ron Wright vs George Wells

The Spoiler vs Don Harris

Brad Armstrong vs Carl Fergie

Eddie Gilbert vs Porkchop Cash

Tully Blanchard with Dark Journey vs “World Strongest Man” Bill Kazmaier

SEMI-MAIN EVENT:  6 MAN TAG TEAM ACTION

The Freebirds vs The Commonwealth

MAIN EVENT

JYD & Wahoo McDaniel vs Ivan & Nikita Koloff

JYD & Wahoo start the show with a major announcement, a huge tag match with the Koloffs in Jackson.

The Freebirds are back in synch & are ready to take on the Commonwealth.

Stevens is building steam & Wright is pissing of the fans, what's not to love?

Brave of Solie to mouth off to the Koloffs....& it nearly cost him.

The Spoiler looks ready for what may be his last ride.

Ladd drops a major announcement, the Ted Turner cup with the winners getting 100k & becoming the first Revolution tag champs. Nice gimmick with Ladd deciding where to hold the cup depending on which fans are the loudest.

Kazmaier debuts & is immediately placed in a major angle with Blanchard. Tully is exactly the kinda guy who can make Kaz look like a million bucks.

Eddie gets the tainted win & he has Hot Stuff inc lay a beating on Sawyer.

Stacked card for the Jackson Coliseum.

JYD and Wahoo made the right move coming to Revolution. Main events and money! 

Freebirds are back! Commonwealth better think twice before walking down Bad Street.

Cool seeing Ray Stevens getting a career resurgence. Wright's heel heat is helping a lot with this. 

Koloff's look to be the top heels here and rightfully so. 

It's going to be fun watching a babyface Spoiler taking on the bad boys here.

I know Ladd is a heel but the man always makes the right moves for good business. The tag tournament is going to be epic. I like the touch of scouting out potential arenas. 

Wow! Kaz has got to be one happy man. He debuts and immediately gets into a program with Tully. Not a bad first night. 

Gilbert retains, thanks to Missy. Hot Stuff Inc. is rivaling for the top heel faction. 

Fun read! 

Major changes... a huge split... the Freebirds are back... I love it.  I am hopeful that Nikita can get on top of the Mid South because I feel like this time period Nikita could be an ace... but fast forward a year... not so much.  Tully Blanchard is a legitimate game changing talent... he has to be the one who looks to dominate the Mid South like he did with the NWA such a short time ago. Eddie Gilbert... a man who is known throughout the wrestling world... I need to buy into him and I think you can sell him. Looking forward to the progress of this promotion.

jmytUJh.png?5

Episode #3:  July 23

UFFNaSs.png?1

The Show starts with a montage set to techno music with the video coming from matches from this past week at The Coliseum in Jackson, Mississippi.  We see “The Crippler” Ray Stevens piledriving George Wells, the Spoiler walking the top rope with Big Don Harris in tow, Brad Armstrong hitting the Russian Legsweep on Carl Fergie, Missy Hyatt in the face of Porkchop Cash only to be hot-Shotted by Eddie Gilbert, Tully Blanchard rolling-up Bill Kazmaier with Dark Journey laughing, The Freebirds and the Commonwealth brawling all over the arena and in the big one, a huge man in a red mask attacking Wahoo McDaniel setting him up for the Russian Sickle by Nikita Koloff. 

7HFUdeP.png?1

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very,very much indeed to another week of Mid-South Revolution Wrestling.  I am Gordon Solie and it is my pleasure to be coming to you tonight from the Houston County Farm Center in Dothan, Alabama.  What a night it was this past Monday in the Jackson, Mississippi.   As you just saw Ivan and Nikita Koloff got some help from another big man in a mask as they defeated Wahoo McDaniel and Junkyard Dog.  Let me bring out the Koloffs to see if we can get some answers.    

Ivan and Nikita are joined at the podium by another large man in a red singlet and no mask.

XCcEXOs.png

Gordon Solie:  I must admit Ivan, your actions this past week in Jackson make me think that Wahoo McDaniel was right.  You only seem to wrestle when you have an advantage.

YWgRcTh.png?1

Ivan Koloff:  I really don’t care what you think Mr. Gordon Solie.  Every time Nikita and I go to arena, we are put at a disadvantage by you Americans.  The fans are against us.  The referee is against us.  Even Ernie Ladd does his best to keep us down.

Gordon Solie:  Uh huh… and what about what you did in The Coliseum.  Is this man with you today the man in the mask the other night?

Ivan Koloff:  We had nothing to do with what happened in Jackson.  Maybe Junkward Dog and Wahoo McDaniel have more enemies than they know of.  This man with me today is Comrade Petrov and he is here to make sure we are not put at a disadvantage anymore.

Gordon Solie:  Hmmm, looks very much like the man in the mask we just saw on the video tape.

Nikita Koloff:  Solie… two weeks in a row, you question our integrity.  Make sure it is not 3 weeks.

Again, Solie seems a little shaken as now, the 3 Big Russians walk off. 

Gordon Solie:  Okay, time to move on to today’s show.  We got another great hour instore for you right here on the Superstation.  Junkyard Dog will be in action today.  Also returning to the area will be one of the dastardliest tag teams to ever wrestle in these parts, the Nightmares will be making their Revolution debut.  The Spoiler will once again be in action.  Tully Blanchard with Dark Journey will be facing the doubly- tough Italian Stallion.  The Commonwealth will be in the ring today and when we get back, Hot Stuff Edie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt will be joining us as Eddie has been challenged to a match for today’s show and we will see if he accepts that challenge.  That and much, much more.   Wrestling fans, let’s get to the ring for our first match. 

MATCH 

Junkyard Dog defeats Larry Cheatum with the Thump Powerslam   

Wahoo joins JYD at the post-match interview and seems to be carrying some sort of yellow karate belt.

qNDyJKm.png?1

Gordon Solie:  Well congratulations JYD.  I’m sure you gentlemen heard what the Koloffs said about the incident from the Coliseum.  This week in Baton Rouge you guys have another chance to get some measure of revenge.  Wahoo, you will be taking on that big Russian we just met, Vladimir Petrov and JYD, in the big one, it will be you and Nikita Koloff for the Revolution Championship.  Chief what do ya have to say about all this?    

Kzqoql8.png

Wahoo McDaniel:  Gordon, to tell you the truth, I don’t have much to say.  Instead, I’m going to leave a gift for them Russians…. This yellow belt in my hands is for Nikita Koloff.  I think he should wear it to the ring instead of the Revolution Title.  You wanna know why?  He and the rest of them Russians are nothing but sorry-yellow-dog cowards!  Nikita does deserve a real wrestling belt.  Right now, he is nothing more than a puppet champion with Ivan Koloff.  Ivan can come out here and cry “everyone’s against us”…. Boo Who Who.  Ivan, stop cheating and we would stop being against you.  Nikita, enjoy your gift from me and get ready for your beating from JYD! 

BcVYJi4.png?1

Junkyard Dog:  Hey Wahoo, I like that belt and after Baton Rouge, that’s the only belt you gonna have Nikita. 

JYD does a little barking and painting at the camera as we go to break.   

COMMERCIAL BREAK-PROMOS FOR THE MISSISSIPPI COLISEUM IN JACKSON

Before our next match, Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt come out to the podium where Gordon shows a VTR of his victory over Bret Sawyer and the after-match attack by Rick Steiner and Doug Gilbert on the already defeated Sawyer.

When the video is over, both Missy and Eddie are laughing and having a grand old time.

zD7ou1l.png?1

Gordon Solie:  You two seem pretty proud of yourselves.

Missy Hyatt:  And why shouldn’t we be Gordon.  I mean we got it all.  We got the look.  We got the greatest young stars in wrestling under our tutelage.  And most important … We haven’t lost since Revolution started. 

Eddie Gilbert:  That’s right Gordon.  There isn’t a man in the stands who wouldn’t want to be me.  I got the money.  I got the career and My God… look at my girl!

Gordon Solie:  Ah huh.  Well Mr. Gilbert it seems one Mr. Sawyer did not particularly like what you did last week.  From Missy distracting the ref and the attack by Rick Steiner and your brother.  In fact, Mr. Sawyer has challenged you to a rematch today!

Eddie Gilbert:  (Now out and out laughing) Usually, I would not take a match on such short notice but if Sawyer wants another beating, I guess I will oblige. 

Gordon Solie:  There you have it fans… Up Next… Eddie Gilbert and Mr. Sawyer

MATCH:

Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert with Missy Hyatt vs Sawyer

Eddie and Missy are in the ring dancing around, antagonizing the fans any way they can.  Suddenly, the crowd explodes but Eddie doesn’t understand.

Gordon Solie:  BRO-ther, Folks I didn’t expect this.  That’s not Brett Sawyer…. That’s BUZZ SAWYER.  Sawyer dives through the ropes and is all over Eddie Gilbert.

Missy Hyatt dives under the bottom ropes and runs to the opposite corner for safety.

In the ring, Sawyer is in complete control.  His adrenaline is pumping so much that no matter what Gilbert did, Sawyer just shook it off like a mosquito.  At one point, Buzz whipped him so hard into the corner that Eddie flipped over the top rope and out onto the floor.  Missy saw this as her chance, and she grabbed Gilbert and the two ran for the hills.  The crowd boo’ed as Hot Stuff Inc disappeared behind the curtain.  The boos turned to cheers as the crowd was ecstatic that Buzz Sawyer had quieted the obnoxious duo.

Buzz stopped at the podium and didn’t even give Solie a chance to get a word in edgewise.

2kxL8h2.png?1

Buzz Sawyer:  (spitting and screaming)  Eddie Gilbert…. NOBODY DOES THAT TO MY FAMILY!  NOBODY!

Gordon Solie:  Looks to me that Hyatt International has stirred up a hornet’s nest.  Eddie Gilbert better get eyes in the back of his head.  I aint seen Buzz Sawyer that angry since the Last Battle of Atlanta.  Uh…, let’s go to break. 

COMMERCIAL BREAK-PROMOS FOR THE CENTROPOPLEX IN BATON ROUGE

MATCH

The Nightmares defeat JT Southern & Mike Jackson with a double team move as Nightmare #1 held Jackson and Nightmare #2 came off the top rope with Driving Elbow to the head

qXKcyXP.png?1

While the match was only about 4 minutes long, the Nightmares might have broken every rule in the book.  At a quick-post match interview, the Nightmares expressed how great it was to be back in the area wrestling.  Gordon seemed surprised at the choice of words, but Nightmare #1 cleared it up by saying nothing in his life makes him happier then hearing an Armstrong squeal and Nightmare #2 said he couldn’t wait to be wearing the Mid-South Revolution tag titles after the Ted Turner Cup!

MATCH

The Spoiler defeats Randy Mulkey with the Top Rope Walk-Elbow Drop-Brain Claw Combo

i0wF06F.png?1

Gordon Solie:  Let me bring out now, the head of Mid-South Revolution Wrestling, Mr. Ernie Ladd.

Ladd comes out to his normal chorus of boos but you are beginning to heat a smattering of applause for the Big Cat as well.

IvqlnLB.png?2

Ernie Ladd:  Thank you Gordon, Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on the big Labor Day Spectacular.  I knew when we announced that the winner of the Ted Turner Cup would receive $100,000 and be the first Mid-South Revolution Tag Team Champions, that teams would be coming out of the woodwork to enter but response has even been bigger than that.  Teams from all over the world including Mexico, Japan, Canada, Australia…everywhere… have called our office wanting to be part of the show.  It has gotten so big, that the Board of Directors has decided this will be a two-night event.  Also, as part of this huge event, the Mid-South Revolution Champion will defend his title on both nights!  Maybe even Doughboy Bill Watts will show up and I will end his career once and for all.  As we stated last week, we are still deciding where this event will take place and that will be determined by which fans are the most loyal to the Revolution. By loyalty, I mean show up the next chance you get for a Revolution event; bring your friends, bring your family and stay out of all UWF events in your area. 

Gordon Solie:  There you have it folks.  Labor Day is sure to be a huge weekend for Mid-South Revolution Wrestling.  Let’s get back to the ring.

MATCH

Tully Blanchard with Dark Journey defeats The Italian Stallion with the Slingshot Suplay

In Tully’s post-match interview, he was dead serious when Gordon asked him if he was a bit shaken last week after he hit Strongman Bill Kazmaier from behind and the blow did not faze the big man one bit.

ahkdaAn.png?1

Tully Blanchard:  Gordon Solie… Am I concerned?  Am I concerned?  Two-time NWA Champion concerned about Bill Kazmaier?  Last I heard Kazmaier didn’t even know how to put on his wrestling boots.  When I, Tully Blanchard, hit someone for real… they go down like a ton of bricks.  Last week, I gave Kazmaier a “Welcome to Wrestling” Tap.  I left the podium not out of fear for myself but out of fear for Kazmaier.  I didn’t want to embarrass him on his first TV show here in Revolution but I’m warning Kazmaier… get in my way again and you are going down.  It’s as simple as that. 

The crowd erupts as Kazmaier walks out.  Tully and Dark Journey pretend they don’t see him coming and exit stage left!

Gordon Solie:  Well, well, well.  It seems like you Mr. Kazmaier has put the fear of God in Tully Blanchard.  He and Dark Journey are leaving, mighty quickly I might add.

yHXGzTp.png?1

Bill Kazmaier:  Tully, hey Tully… Where you going? 

MAIN EVENT MATCH

The Commonwealth (Sheepherders with Jonathan Boyd) vs Scott Armstrong & Porkchop Cash

Interesting thing here was that the Freebirds came out and joined Gordon Solie during the match. 

PlEpS7I.png

This only seemed to make the Commonwealth even more violent.  Armstrong and Cash held their own in this violent brawl, but everything came to a chaotic end when Boyd was stabbing Armstrong with the flagpole on the outside as The Sheepherders were double-teaming Cash on the inside. 

cp2QUE3.png

Gordon Solie:  You almost feel sorry for referee Pee Wee Anderson in this one.  There is no way he can see everything that is going on, but someone needs to let him know that Scott Armstrong is being brutally beaten on the arena floor.

Michael Hayes:  No need in telling him… time to go work boys…

Gordon Solie:  I don’t think that is wise…

The Freebirds never heard a word of Solie’s thoughts and made a beeline for the ring.

Gordon Solie:  It seems the Freebirds can’t take anymore.  Gordy is all over Jonathan Boyd.  Hayes and Buddy Roberts are in the ring now trading blows with Miller and Williams.  This is out of control.  Katie bar the door.  We got another Pier Six Brawl between the Freebirds and the Commonwealth.  Pee Wee Anderson has called for the bell and the time keeper is doing his part to end the donnybrook but nobody, and I mean no body is giving an inch.  Folks sorry but we are out of time.  Make sure if you are anywhere near Baton Rouge on Monday you head to the Centroplex.  It is going to be a heck of a show.  So long from the Heart of Dixie

CENTROPLEX IN BATON ROUGE THIS MONDAY

Ray “The Crippler” Stevens with Ron Wright vs JT Southern

The Spoiler vs Rotten Ron Starr

Tully Blanchard with Dark Journey vs Bill Kazmaier

GRUDGE MATCH

The Sawyer Brothers vs The Gilberts with Missy Hyatt

Wahoo McDaniel vs Vladimir Petrov

SEMI-MAIN EVENT: 

6 MAN ELIMINATION TAG TEAM MATCH

MAIN EVENT

REVOLUTION TITLE MATCH

Nikita Koloff © vs Junkyard Dog

I was pretty excited when i saw you hire Petrov. Let the Red Tide rise once again! Solie is seriously pushing his luck with Nikita.

JYD & Wahoo aren't concerned about the number's advantage. Sweet of then to buy Nikita a replacement belt.

Eddie & his boys got cute with Brett & now they've got a Mad Dog on their tails!

The Nightmares arrive with a bang. I'll e keeping an eye on them during the tournament.

Spoiler with another solid TV win.

The Tag Title Tournament is getting so huge it needs two nights & the Revolution title is on the line both nights? Ladd keeps dropping bombshell's like this he might actually win the crowd over.

Tully's bluster isn't enough to deter Kazmier.

We end the show with a proper pier-sixer between the Freebirds & the Commonwealth. This one's gotten ugly in a hurry.

7 big matches coming to Baton Rouge.

A really fun show. I am enjoying what Ladd is putting together here. You got Buzz going after Gilbert, The Freebirds/Sheepherders, Nikita and Junkyard Dog. Just an all around awesome show and building up to the big show beautifully. 

I am a HUGE Tully fan. So I’m sure the power of Bill has no idea what’s he getting into with Tully. Just an all around great show and can’t wait to see what happens next. 

The Russians are getting stronger and Solie is pushing his luck with them. 

JYD and Wahoo aren't intimidated by the Russians. Wahoo doesn't mind adding a little fuel to the fire. 

Hot Stuff Inc. are on top of the world and even laugh at Sawyer being a challenge. Problem is, it's BUZZ Sawyer! Awesome segment as the Mad Dog tears Gilbert up. 

Nightmares have arrived. Glad you went with the masked version. Gives them more opportunity to break the rules. 

Speaking of masked men, Spoiler is on a roll. 

Ladd is slowly getting over with the fans. He's already over with me. The Labor Day Spectacular is going to rock! 

Tully's the best! Cuts a tough guy promo on Kaz, then quickly exits when he arrives. Classic Tully.

Freebirds and Commonwealth are heading into Revolution's first bloodiest feud.

Ladd has Revolution in high gear. 

hOX89Bf.png

EPISODE #4

July 30

UFFNaSs.png?1

The Show starts with a montage set to techno music with the video coming from matches from this past week at The Centroplex in Baton Rouge.  We see “The Crippler” Ray Stevens piledriving JT Southern,  the Spoiler walking the top rope with Rotten Ron Starr in tow, Bill Kazmaier having Tully Blanchard locked in the bearhug only to clobbered from behind with a chair by Dark Journey, Buzz Sawyer leaping off the top rope for a frog splash on Doug Gilbert, Chief Wahoo McDaniel chopping the daylights out of Vladimir Petrov, The Freebirds and the Commonwealth brawling all over the arena and in the big one, Ivan Koloff and Nikita Koloff tying that yellow karate belt given to them by Wahoo around the next of JYD and tossing him over the top rope trying to choke him to death.    

7HFUdeP.png?1

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very,very much indeed to another week of Mid-South Revolution Wrestling.  I am Gordon Solie, and it is my pleasure to be coming to you tonight from the Houston County Farm Center in Dothan, Alabama.  What a night it was this past Monday in Baton Rouge.  As you just saw things have really gotten personal between the Freebirds and the Commonwealth.  In fact, their 6 Man tag team match in Baton Rouge never even got started as the two teams couldn’t stop fighting long enough for the ref to call for the bell and if that wasn’t enough chaos for one night, what the Russians tried to do to JYD was one of the most disgusting acts that I have ever seen in my nearly 30 years in professional wrestling.  Thank goodness, Wahoo McDaniel and the Freebirds came out immediately at prevented JYD from serious injury.    I want to bring out Ernie to discuss both of these situations. 

IvqlnLB.png?2

Ernie Ladd:  When I started Mid-South Revolution Wrestling, I wanted to be fair to all.  I wanted to be the opposite of Bill Watts and the UWF.  I wanted to let the wrestlers settle their own problems.  I wanted to stay out of the ideas of fines and suspensions and all of that.  This is professional wrestling everybody.  This is a violent sport by nature.  At times, things are going to get out of control but this past week in Baton Rouge, some of our wrestlers crossed the line.  I am not going to suspend or fine anybody for now, but I am putting some wrestlers on notice.  First of all, the Freebirds had no business attacking the Commonwealth from behind on Monday.  What they did was put the fans at ringside in jeopardy!  Also, to Mr. Wahoo McDaniel,  what did you think was going to happen when you gave Nikita Koloff a yellow karate belt and called him a “yellow-bellied coward?”  Now that does not excuse the Commonwealth or the Russians for their actions, but I think this issue could have been avoided before they every got started.  Now remember what I said.  Here at Revolution Wrestling, we want to solve our actions in the ring whenever possible.  So, this week in the Sam Houston Coliseum, we are going to make sure these groups stick to wrestling.  We are going to have a Double Main Event.  The Freebirds and The Commonwealth will have their 6 Man Elimination Match while JYD and Wahoo McDaniel will once again face Ivan and Nikita Koloff.  Both matches will take place inside a STEEL CAGE!

Gordon Solie:  Ok, you heard it fans.  That is some card over in Houston this Monday night.  As for tonight, we got another great hour instore for you right here on the Superstation.  You will see the Lightening Express in action.  Porkchop Cash will be back in the ring.  The Crippler Ray Stevens is here.  The Freebirds will be in tag action.   Rick Steiner will be taking on Bret Sawyer and in the Main Event, we have a Revolution Title match between two real heavyweights, Vladimir Petrov vs The Strongman, Bill Kazmaier.  That and much, much more.   Wrestling fans, let’s get to the ring for our first match. 

MATCH 

The Lightening Express (Brad Armstrong & Tim Horner) defeat Caleb & Butch Johnson when Armstrong hit the Russian Legsweep on Johnson

bDAvY7w.png?1

A quick post-match interview with Armstrong and Horner serves to hype up their match with the Nightmares for Monday night in the Sam Houston Coliseum.  Both Brad and Tim comment how the Nightmares said that one of the reasons they were back in the area was to put the Lightening Express out of wrestling but this Monday night they are going to enjoy beating those masked cowards all over the Coliseum.

When The Lightening Express leave the podium JYD and Wahoo McDaniel who is in full Indian headdress came out to the podium.

BcVYJi4.png?1

JYD:  I never thought I would say this but Ernie Ladd… you got this one right.  That’s right the Big Dog and the Big Cat are on the same page.  This Monday night, no place to hide Koloffs.  No place to run.  No way to get any help from the outside.  It’s just you two Russians against me and Wahoo in a Steel Cage and finally we are going to find out who the better men are.  You think you can get rid of the Dog by hanging me over the top rope with a belt.  No chance. 

Dog does hos biting and howling at the moon antics as we hear from Wahoo

Kzqoql8.png

Wahoo McDaniel:  Koloff’s, last week I gave you a yellow karate belt and called you nothing but yellow-bellied cowards and what did you do?  You went out and proved I was right.  Instead of trying to bet JYD here, you decided the only way to save your title was to get disqualified.  And at the same time tried to injure Dog.  (Wahoo takes his headdress off and pulls one feather out of the front) Well this week I got another present for you.  See this Indian feather… well it is all yours.

Gordon Solie:  Wahoo… not sure I understand.

Wahoo McDaniel:  Gordon, I giving them one feather cause that is all the careers are worth.  They careers are like one feather compared to the hundreds I have left.  After Monday night, the Koloffs will understand that they aren’t on the level as Dog and myself. 

Gordon Solie:  There you have it folks.  Junkyard Dog and Wahoo McDaniel are looking for some revenge on Ivan and Nikita Koloff this week in the Sam Houston Coliseum and I wouldn’t bet against them getting it. 

COMMERCIAL BREAK-PROMOS FOR THE SAM HOUSTON COLISEUM

MATCH:

Porkchop Cash vs Carl Fergie

pLpEPpb.jpg

In the end, Pork Chop, to the delight of the fans, tired of the questionable tactics by Carl Fergie and he beat Fergie from pillar to post before getting the win with a devastating heart punch.  

At a post-match interview, we find out that Pork Chop will be wrestling Tully Blanchard in Monday at the Sam Houston Coliseum.  Cash admits that Tully is tough, but he has never backed down from any wrestler and he isn’t about to start now.  Tully Blanchard comes out demanding answers on why he keeps getting matches against wrestlers who are not on his level.  First Revolution Wrestling had him wrestling that big doo fuss Bill Kazmaier who didn’t now a wrestling move from a dance move and now they want him wasting his time against the Over-The-Hill Gang member Pork Chop Cash.

ahkdaAn.png?1

Cash gets right in Tully’s face and is ready for a fight when Dark Journey tries to come down Cash, but her insensitive words just fueled the anger in Porkchop.

Tully said he didn’t mean any disrespect, but Pork Chop demanded a match right now.

Tully seemed happy to oblige and ushered Cash to the ring.

WHAM…. From behind Tully rams Cash headfirst into the ring post and then continues to beat on him with kicks and elbows.  Dark Journey is laughing and having a grand old time when the fans erupt as Bill Kazmaier is on his way.  Dark Journey warns her man just in time and the duo once again head for the hills.

Gordon Solie:  Tully Blanchard… one man with a mile of wrestling ability but only an inch of integrity.  Thank goodness Bill Kazmaier rushed to the scene or else who knows what would have happened to Pork Chop.  Let’s take a break. 

Before our next bout, The Nightmares are out having a grand old time talking about how this Monday at the Sam Houston Coliseum, they are going to achieve one of their goals… Get Rid of the Lightening Express and how that will put them just one step closer to the Mid-South Revolution Tag Titles.

1DQ18V3.png?1

The Koloffs come out next and Ivan is thankful to Wahoo for another gift.

Ivan Koloff:  Wahoo… last week you gave us this nice yellow belt and it helped Nikita and I to almost end career of Junkyard Dog.  This week, you give us a feather… Not sure yet how this will help us to defeat you this Monday night, but one thing is for sure… we will beat you.

Nikita Koloff:  Junkyard Dog…again come out and attack us.  He attack Uncle Ivan with a dog chain across his back.  Well Junkyard Dog… you look at Nikita.  Look at Me.  Mid-South Revolution Champion and there is nothing you can do about it. Junkyard Dog… Nikita no can wait to this Monday night till I get you in the ring again and this time I will choke you out!

MATCH

“Crippler” Ray Stevens defeats Verlon Biggs with the Piledriver

Before our next match, the Freebirds come out for a pre-match interview

PlEpS7I.png

Terry Gordy:  I just want to say that it is great to be back rasslin in Alabama again.  I want to thank Mid-South Revolution Wrestling for the opportunity.  I want to thank Ernie Ladd for putting this all together.  I want to thank Ted Turner and Superstation 17 for this chance.  But Ernie Ladd watch your step.  You out here a little while ago and accusing us as being the problem last week in Baton Rouge against the Commonwealth.  Be careful Ernie Ladd.  You startin to sound a little like Bill Watts.  Now it’s like this.  That snake in the grass Cowboy Bill Watts blackballed the Freebirds from the area.  It was fine when Michael and I were having our little problem and making him a lot of money but when we all got back together again, he was afraid we was just going to run roughshod over all the teams in the UWF so he sent us packing.  I aint sayin we’re the best tag team ever but I dam sure saying we can swing a chair as good as any team in history.  Now you listen up Commonwealth, you want a war you got one.  And Ernie Ladd… do as you say, let the wrestlers solve their own problems.

Buddy Roberts:  Listen up everybody.  We’ve been all around this country and all around this world and there are a lot of people that don’t like us but there are a lot that do and we’re excited to be back here in the Mid-South area and we’re going to show Jonathan Boyd and his Sheepherders just how tough we are. 

Michael Hayes: You know sometin baby.  The boys are back in town and we aint in town to mess around.  I hear through the grapevine that the Commonwealth is talking a lot of trash.  They talking about what they’re going to do the Freebirds.  Well this Monday night you boys got your chance… in a steel cage jack!  That’s right in the Sam Houston Coliseum you boys are gonna take a walk down Bad Street.  Now that’s a street many a men have tried to walk down but aint but a few have ever reached that last house.  I’m putting my money down that you won’t make it past door number #1 jack and that’s a fact!  Time to go to work boys.

MATCH

The Freebirds (Terry Gordy & Buddy Roberts with Michael Hayes) vs Don Harris & Randy Mulkey

While Gordy and Roberts are in complete control of the match, Lord Jonathan Boyd rushes up behind Michael Hayes who is not in the match and cracks a chair over his head!

Hayes goes down like a sack of potatoes.  Roberts and Gordy here the gasp from the fans and turn and see what happened and the rush to attack Boyd but before the get there. The Sheepherders have joined the fight.  It doesn’t matter that the Commonwealth has a 3-2 advantage, The Freebirds are fighting like wild animals.

Unfortunately, the ref has reached the 10 count and calls for the bell as the Freebirds are counted out but again, we have a bloody brawl that Gordon Solie is once again asking Katie to bar the door!  There is no way to stop this Pier 6 brawl other than to go to commercial.

When we come back from break, the Freebirds, including a shaken but not injured Michael Hayes, take one more chance to hype up the steel cage match for Monday night. 

MATCH

Rick Steiner with Missy Hyatt vs Brett Sawyer

BCWeTSV.png

The feud between Hyatt International and The Sawyer brothers has been building ever since Eddie Gilbert, Doug Gilbert and Rick Steiner attacked Brett post-match.  Steiner did a good job of overpowering Sawyer throughout this match and turned Brett back each time Sawyer tried to gain the momentum.  Steiner got the win after the German Suplex. 

xtMJjiD.png?1

Doug Gilbert rushed the ring and laid into the fallen Brett Sawyer.  The problem was the Buzz was waiting in the wings and rushed in to save his brother and really hammered away on Doug Gilbert.  Gilbert rolled out to the floor to the safety of Missy and Steiner.

Both Sawyers are now up and daring Missy’s crew to come back in the ring, but they decide to walk away to fight another day. 

Buzz and Brett come over to the interview area where we are informed that this Monday in the Sam Houston Coliseum, it will be Buzz Sawyer vs Eddie Gilbert.  Buzz is again screaming and spitting all of the microphone wondering were that coward Eddie Gilbert was tonight and that he will have no place to hid come Monday night!  

MAIN EVENT MATCH

“The Russian Terror” Vladimir Petrov with Ivan Koloff vs “Strongman” Bill Kazmaier

XCcEXOs.png  l3iugzP.png?1

This match is full of big powerful moves with neither man giving an inch.  We see both men try the bearhug but neither could get a submission.  Both men hit some powerful slams and suplexes but couldn’t get the pin.  Momentum made one final change when Bill Kazmaier, was able to Military Press Slam the Russian Terror.  Ivan Koloff, sensed trouble as was heading towards the apron.

WHAM… Big Boot by Kazmaier sending Ivan to the floor.

WHAM…  Kazmaier connects with his own lariat which Gordon called the Canadian Sickle and Petrov was in trouble.

Kazmaier with the cover….

1…2…. WHAM… Ivan recovered in time to hit the elbow drop on Kazmaier.  

The ref calls for the bell as Ivan continues to stomp away on the world’s strongest man.

Gordon Solie:  Ivan is all over Kazmaier.  This is out of control.  Katie bar the door.  We got another Pier Six Brawl here on Mid-South Revolution Wrestling.  Pee Wee Anderson has called for the bell and the timekeeper is doing his part to end Ivan’s attack on Kazmaier.  Folks sorry but we are out of time.  Make sure if you are anywhere near Houston on Monday you head to the Sam Houston Coliseum.  It is going to be a heck of a show.  So long from the Heart of Dixie

SAM HOUSTON COLISEUM THIS MONDAY

Ray “The Crippler” Stevens with Ron Wright vs Mike Jackson

The Spoiler vs Moondog Rex

The Nightmares vs The Lightening Express

Bill Kazmaier vs “Rotten” Ron Starr

Tully Blanchard with Dark Journey vs Porkchop Cash

Buzz Sawyer vs Eddie Gilbert with Missy Hyatt

MAIN EVENT: 

6 MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

STEEL CAGE

MAIN EVENT

STEEL CAGE MATCH

Nikita Koloff & Ivan Koloff vs Junkyard Dog & Wahoo McDaniel

Ladd makes some valid, though probably unpopular, points. Handing the Koloffs a karate belt was always going to be a risky move. But he wins the crowd back by signing back-to-back cage matches for Houston!

Lightning Express continues the fun times with a win. Looking forward to their match with the Nightmares.

JYD & Ladd on the same page? Excuse me while I search the sky for flying pigs. Wahoo comparing the Koloffs to a feather was a pretty good burn.

Cash with a major opportunity in Houston against the former World champion. "A mile of wrestling ability but only an inch of integrity" great line by Solie.

Ivan being slightly confused by the feather got a chuckle.

I wouldn't go comparing Ladd to Watts if I were Gordy. Great Freebirds promo regardless.

The Commonwealth pearl harbor Hayes as his brothers are taking care of business. Interested to see how Ladd reacts.

Steiner puts down Brett. Doug tries to join in for a beatdown bringing out the Mad Dog who sends Missy's boys packing.

Ivan & Petrov send us off the air by putting the boots to the Strongman. Canadian Sickle, lol.

Good looking card for Houston.

I like the way you've rebranded this promotion and put some people in spots that they would had been in years ago but also make the promotion relevant in the current 1987. The JYD/Ladd dynamic is something to watch for. I also love the way you've been writing some of these promos... some really good lines. I am huge on Rick Steiner - I feel like he's poised for a huge second half of 87 and an enormous 88!

Ladd calling it like he sees it. The fans once again win, because they're going to get 2 cage matches! 

Nightmares think they're going to put the Lightning Express out of wrestling. Express say it's the other way around. This could be a gem of a feud. 

JYD and Wahoo continue to add fuel to the fire. 

Porkchop Cash learned a lesson. Never turn your back on Tully. Like the continuity here with Kazmaier. 

Russians fire back at JYD and Wahoo.

Stevens makes sure he gets in his TV time. 

Freebirds cut another classic Freebird promo. 

Boyd starts a pier six brawl to hype things up for the cage match. 

Steiner defeats Brett. However, the Sawyers are far from done. I'm sure the fans can't wait to see Doug get his. 

Big powerhouse main event! Uncle Ivan saves his man and we get another brawl. Kaz really has his hands full right now. 

I know Ladd will be counting money after the Sam Houston card. 

Tpvk7tn.png

August 6th

Episode #5

UFFNaSs.png?1

The Show starts with a montage set to techno music with the video coming from matches from this past week at The Centroplex in Baton Rouge.  We see “The Crippler” Ray Stevens piledriving Mike Jackson, the Spoiler walking the top rope with Moondog Rex in tow, The Nightmares walking out of the arena with a third masked man with them while Tim Horner has a crimson masked of his own in the ring, Bill Kazmaier hitting the Canadian Sickle on Rotten Ron Starr, Dark Journey spraying something in the eyes of Porkchop Cash followed by Tully hitting the sling shot suplay, Buzz Sawyer being pushed off the top rope by Missy Hyatt as he went for the frog splash, Michael Hayes hitting the bulldog on Jonathan Boyd inside a steel cage as the rest of the Freebirds and the Sheepherders brawled on the outside of the cage and Junkyard Dog hitting the Thump on Ivan Koloff inside the steel cage.  Problem was that when the ref opened the cage door, Vladimir Petrov rushed the ring and locked the door behind him.  Now the three Russians brutally went to work in JYD and Wahoo.  After the beating was done, Ivan pulled out that one feather Wahoo had given him from his Native American Headdress last week and stuck it in Wahoo’s mouth.  When Nikita was heading back to the locker room, he picked up Wahoo’s entire headdress and put it on his head.  The fans in Houston were trashing the Russians on their walk back to the locker room!

7HFUdeP.png?1

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very,very much indeed to another week of Mid-South Revolution Wrestling.  I am Gordon Solie, and it is my pleasure to be coming to you tonight from the Houston County Farm Center in Dothan, Alabama.  What a night it was this past Monday in the Sam Houston Coliseum.  As you just saw, the Nightmares went above and beyond dirty in their match with the Lightening Express.  There seems to be 3 Nightmares now and all three seemed to be involved in the match.  Also, the Russians strike again.  After JYD got the win as he and Wahoo defeated the Koloffs, Vladimir Petrov came to the ring and things got bad in a hurry.  Thank goodness, Wahoo McDaniel and JYD are okay as the Freebirds came out and saved the day.  I want to bring out JYD and Wahoo to discuss the incident from the Sam Houston Coliseum.   

Wahoo and JYD come out rolling a huge box on a dolly…

Gordon Solie:  Gentlemen, I was sure my first question was going to be how you are feeling but I must ask you, What’s in the box!

M4eVVi5.png?1

Wahoo McDaniel:  First of all Gordon, JYD and I are just fine.  In fact, we are proving the no matter what the Russians do, they can’t beat us.  Dog beat Ivan two weeks ago in Baton Rouge and then Dog and I Thumped both Koloffs this past week in Houston.  Each week, I have come out here and given the Russians a gift and each week Dog and I go out and beat them.  This plan seems to be working so why stop now.  Gordon, in the box is gift #3 and expect that that what is in this box will again put the Russians down…. Maybe for good.  That being said, I would have hoped that this week, Ernie Ladd would have come out right when this show started and suspended the Russians for their violent attack in Houston, but we all know that’s not happening.  So, this week, we are taking matters into our own hands. 

BcVYJi4.png?1

JYD:  Gordon…. Ohhhhhhh……. Gordon, JYD is excited today.  Wahoo has outdone himself.  I admit that I am a bit of party animal and when  Wahoo was talking to me about giving the Russians some gifts, I was all ears…. but when he gave them a yellow belt and a feather, I was thinking those are some boring gifts.  (Solie has a smile on his face)  Now this week, he got something that might actually make Petrov and those Koloffs think about how great life is in Mother Russia. 

Gordon Solie:  Fans, I must admit, I am very intrigued but Wahoo’s latest gift to the Russians and we will find out a little later on what is in the box!  We here at Mid-South Revolution Wrestling just keep on rolling and we have a great show for you tonight.  The Nightmares will be action.  Rick Steiner will be taking on Porkchop Cash.   Dr. Tom Prichard will be making his Revolution debut.  Ray Stevens will be in action.  Terry Gordy will be in singles action tonight taking on the leader of the Commonwealth, Jonathan Boyd and in the main event, Bill Kazmaier will be getting another shot at Tully Blanchard!  All that and much, much more!  Our time keeper is ready so let the action begin. 

MATCH 

The Nightmares with an extra Nightmare at ringside defeat Bill Tab and Allen Martin with questionable tactics. 

Post-match interview:

Gordon Solie:  Gentlemen, I think you have some explaining to do on what happened this past Monday in the Sam Houston Coliseum.  It appears that Tim Horner had you just where he wanted you and as the video tape shows, it looks like a fresh Nightmare #3, if you will, rolled back in the ring with a loaded mask and headbutted Tim Horner for the win!

Nightmare Danny Davis:  Gordon, you got one thing right.  There are 3 Nightmares.  There are 3 of us who are going to turn Revolution Wrestling upside down.  There are 3 of us who are going to ride that Freebird rule all the way to the Revolution Tag Titles at the Ted Turner Cup!

Nightmare Ken Wayne:  But where you are wrong is that you said it took some illegal tactics to beat those chumps Brad Armstrong and Tim Horner.  We could beat those two with our eyes closed and Nightmare #3 was just out to make sure that the Lightening Express didn’t do any funny business. 

Gordon Solie:  Well, isn’t that calling the kettle black.

Nightmare #3 Ted Allen:  Gordon, when I do get involved in a match, Armstrong and Horner will know it and they won’t like it.

Gordon Solie:  In fact, we will get that opportunity this Monday in the Boutwell Auditorium as it will be you 3 Nightmares against Brad Armstrong, Tim Horner and a mystery partner!

The Nightmares begin yelling how it is unfair about how Horner and Armstrong are hiding the identity of their partner and Solie just looks at the Nightmares and gives his standard “ah huh” answer and asks “which team is wearing the masks and who is hiding their identities?”

COMMERCIAL BREAK-PROMOS FOR MONDAY @ THE BOUTWELL AUDITORIUM

Before our next match, Ernie Ladd comes out for a quick interview.

IvqlnLB.png?2

Ernie Ladd:  Gordon, I think the wrestlers around here are finally getting it.  They are figuring out that if they don’t like how their opponents are treating them, then do something about it.  Wahoo McDaniel was right.  I was not going to come out here and suspend the Koloffs for what they did in Houston.  Wahoo, you are the one who keeps poking the bear so you better be able to face the bear.  Russians, you keep playing the numbers game, you better be ready to handle what’s in this box.  Nightmares, you want to do some funny business with your masks then don’t complain about the Lightening Express having a mystery partner!  See Gordon, what’s fair for one is fair for all.  Cowdung Watts over in the UWF should have learned that a long time ago instead of giving everything to his friends like he did.  I will give Watts credit for something, he really knows how to put on a second rate show.  In fact, I was at his big event in the Sportatorium and challenged him to a match but he, as we all know he would, he refused.  What I did learn was that those fans in Dallas are starving for a good show.  I mean they were cheering and booing their heads off the other night at a bad show.  Imagine what they would do for a good show!  That is why I decided to put the first night of the Ted Turner Cup right there in the Sportatorium.  In fact, anyone who was at the last UWF show at the Sportatorium will get $2 off any ticket!  I mean, I got to find a way to make up for what Watts did to those poor fans.    

(Don’t be angry Straightedge.  Just an angle.  I love what you have done with the UWF)

Gordon Solie:  As far as the Ted Turner Cup, it seems like teams are lining up for a chance at the Revolution Tag Titles and the $100,000.

Ernie Ladd:  That’s right Gordon.  So far, we have JYD and Wahoo, The Koloffs, The Nightmares, The Freebirds, The Commonwealth, The Lightening Express and of international fame, The Hart Brothers from Canada!  Teams are applying all time but we can only choose the best of the best!  Fans don’t forget to support Revolution Wrestling in your area.  We are still looking for the best fans in Revolution Wrestling to host the final night of The Ted Turner Cup.

MATCH:

Dr. Tom Prichard feats Larry Cheatem with the Gutwrench Powerbome

A quick interview for Prichard where he thanks Gordon for welcoming him to Revolution Wrestling.  Prichard goes on to explain that he was hesitant about coming to Revolution because he was a member of the Freebirds and he didn’t want to step on anybody’s toes when Terry Gordy rejoined the group.  He goes on to say, “Once a Freebird, always a Freebird,” and that he and Michael talked, and they have agreed to have each other’s backs here in Revolution Wrestling. 

Before our next match, Eddie Gilbert, Missy Hyatt, Rick Steiner and Doug Gilbert come out.  Eddie and Missy are all smiles as they can’t believe how great it is to be them and not have to live like the rest of these people in Alabama. 

Gordon Solie:  That will be enough of that.

Missy Hyatt:  Gordon, you now its true.  In fact, the whole world knows it.  Eddie and I are on fire right now. 

Eddie Gilbert:  Gordon, did you see the latest cover of Pro Wrestling Illustrated?

Gordon Solie:  In fact, I did!

cFQ9xL1.png

Eddie Gilbert:  Well then you know that my lady, Missy Hyatt, is the first female wrestling entrepreneur to be on the cover.  You know why?  She is not only the best but the Hottest!  That’s right, the owners of Pro Wrestling Illustrated know how to make money!  Put Missy on the cover and all these loser men are going to buy it and just dream about what I have!

Gordon Solie:  (Blushing) Fair enough!

Missy Hyatt:  That’s not all.  I just met with Ernie Ladd and he has agree that it will be the Sawyer brothers against the Gilbert brothers this Monday in the Boutwell Auditorium where the winners get a spot in the Ted Turner Cup!  Boys make sure to be there early.  You never know what I will be wearing, and you’ll want to catch a glimpse!

Gordon Solie:  Oh Brother!  Let’s get to the ring

MATCH

Rick Steiner with Missy Hyatt vs Porkchop Chop

Porkchop does great here as Steiner has the power and technical advantages but the old vet has experience and the fans on his side.  Unfortunately for Porkchop, Steiner also has Hyatt.  One nonchalant trip on Cash by Hyatt is all Steiner needs as he finishes off Cash with a German Bridging Suplay! 

MATCH

Ray “The Crippler” Stevens with Ron Wright defeats Zane Smith with the Piledriver

A quick post-match to hype up the match between Stevens and the Spoiler at the Boutwell Auditorium.

Gordon Solie:  I can’t say that I condone the use of the piledriver Mr. Stevens, but I will see it is quite effective.

MkxcT8A.png?1

Ron Wright:  Now why on God’s green earth would we care what you condone Mr. Solie.  It is our job to bring the sport back to us Christians and do a little good in the world.  This Monday night, we are going to do a lot of good for the people of Birmingham as we are going to take out that unchristian Spoiler.  I mean only a man who did something real bad has to hide behind a mask.

Gordon Solie:  I don’t know about that Mr. Wright but I do know that both your man, the Crippler and The Spoiler are undefeated since coming to Mid-South.

Ray Stevens:  Gordon your always full of information and opinions.  The problem is half the time your wrong.  You were correct that both the Spoiler and I are undefeated here which is all going to change when I piledrive Spoiler through the mat this Monday night, but you are wrong in questioning the use of my finishing move, the piledriver.  Yes, it is dangerous.  Yes I have hurt a lot of men.  Yes, some never walk again but remember two things.  This is professional wrestling and second, I am the Crippler.  Spoiler, take me advice if you ever want to walk again… Don’t show up to Birmingham this Monday night.

MATCH

Terry Gordy vs Jonathan Boyd

No chance this doesn’t turn into an all-out brawl as Michael Hayes and Buddy Roberts come to the ring with Gordy while the Sheepherders accompany Boyd.  The people not actually involved in the match are basically brawling on the outside of the ring before the timekeeper ever starts the match. Gordy and Boyd are all over each other in the ring.  While the fans may not like him, you have to give Boyd some credit for going toe to toe with Gordy who has a pretty big size advantage on the leader of the Commonwealth. 

4sLMWaJ.jpg

In the end, Boyd decides the best way to solve the problem is by clobbering Gordy with the flagpole he brought to the ring.  Problem for Boyd is that Gordy is so fired up, he No Sells the hit, whips Boyd into the roped and catches him with a nasty powerslam for the win!

When the match is over, Ivan and Nikita Koloff along with Vladimir Petrov come to the podium where Gordon reminds everyone that Wahoo has once again left a gift for the Russians. 

YWgRcTh.png?1

Ivan Koloff:  Wahoo McDaniel, I don’t know what your deal is.  You keep giving is these stupid gifts and we keep almost ending the careers of you and Junkyard Dog. 

Gordon Solie:  Now waitaminute….

The crowd erupts as Wahoo and JYD walk out.  Petrov immediately goes chest to chest with JYD.  The fans are both excited and nervous.  They want to see the brawl, but they know the Russians have the advantage.

Wahoo McDaniel:  Gordon, we just wanted to see the faces on our Russian friends here when they see my latest gift to them!  I mean my yellow belt and Indian feather might not have gone over so well but I think what is in this box right here, will make Ivan and Company really understand what America is all about.  Go ahead… open it.

Ivan seems a little hesitant and sends Petrov to do it.  Petrov shakes the box a little…. Looks at it from all angles…. And then for no reason at all starts to destroy the box.  But the box seems to start to fight back if you will!

Gordon Solie:  I don’t believe what I’m seeing.  From inside the box, it is Steve “Dr. Death” Williams and he is all over Petrov! 

p4r4HfR.jpg?1

Wahoo and JYD are duking it out with the Koloffs.  Katie Bar the Door.  This is a brawl like one other.  Dr. Death has taken care of Petrov he is laying on the concrete floor like he has been run over by a mac truck.  It is now the Americans that are doing a number on the Koloffs!  It is Nita Koloff squared off one on one with Dr. Death….  Williams scoops up Nikita… Oklahoma Stampede on the Concrete!  Wild, wild scene here at the Houston County Farm Center.  We need some help out here.

The locker room empties but there is no way to hold back Dr. Death.  He goes from one Koloff to the other.  He is like a man possessed!  The only way to stop this is for Gordon to take us to commercial break.

ahkdaAn.png?1

As we come out of break, Gordon can’t help but review what we have just scene when suddenly, Tully Blanchard and Dark Journey come to the podium.  Tully is about to face Strongman Bill Kazmier.  Make no mistake about it, while Tully has one his previous matches with Kazmaier, he has been rather lucky, and he seems to have a genuine fear of the power of Kazmier.

At least that has been what we have seen when the two have been face to face.  Today seems a little different and Tully is talking about how he going to destroy Kazmaier in a few minutes and that Kazmaier is nothing more then an oversized idiot.  Gordon tries to warn Tully about Kazmaier by rambling off a few of his feats of strength but Tully is full of arrogance today as he heads to the ring wondering if Kazmaier even has the guts to show up today.

MAIN EVENT MATCH

Tully Blanchard with Dark Journey vs “Strongman” Bill Kazmaier

Tully is in the ring and has been announced but there is no Kazmaier.  A few seconds goes on a still no Kazmaier.  Tully starts shadow boxing with the crowd and doing all sorts of antics to get more heat.  Still No Kazmaier.  Tully starts yelling to the back for Kazmaier to get his big his big dumb butt to the ring.  Still No Kazmaier.  Tully and Dark Journey start doing the chicken dance all around the ring!  Still No Kazmaier. 

Gordon Solie:  Folks, I smell something rotten in Denmark.  I’m not sure what has just happened but if I was a betting man, I would bet Tully Blanchard and Dark Journey had something to do wild Bill Kazmaier not being with us today.  While I do hope he is okay, I want to guarantee you that Revolution Wrestling will get to the bottom of this.  Folks sorry but we are out of time.  Make sure if you are anywhere near Birmingham on Monday you head to the Boutwell Auditorium.  It is going to be a heck of a show.  So long from the Heart of Dixie

THE BOUTWELL AUDITORIUM-BIRMINGHAM THIS MONDAY

Rick Steiner with Missy Hyatt vs “Rufus “Night Train” Jones

Tom Prichard vs Moondog Rex

Match of the Undeatedes

Ray “The Crippler” Stevens with Ron Wright vs The Spoiler

Spot in the Ted Turner Cup on the Line

Buzz & Brett Sawyer vs Eddie & Doug Gilbert with Missy Hyatt

Tully Blanchard with Dark Journey vs Scott Armstrong

6 Man Tag Match 

The Nightmares vs The Lightening Express & a mystery partner

Texas Tornado Match

Lights Out-Falls Count Anywhere Match

Wahoo McDaniel, JYD & vs Ivan & Nikita Koloff

Wahoo & JYD hold no hard feelings towards the Russians, even getting them their best gift yet? What's in the box?

Nightmares throwing a fit about the Lightning Express' mystery partner was great especially Solie's reaction.

Ladd really is going for fair play, good for him. That message to Straightedge cracked me up. The Ted Turner Cup is shaping up nicely with night 1 scheduled for the Sportatorium.

Prichard arrives on the scene & reveals he's still on good terms with the Freebirds.

Missy gets herself a magazine cover, the Gilberts have a chance to qualify for the Ted Turner Cup & Steiner gets a win over Cash. Everything's coming up Hyatt International.

Wright & Stevens have really grown on me as a duo.

Gordy outfights Boyd to give the Freebirds an edge in the war against the Commonwealth.

Dr Death was in the Box! Now that was a great surprise.

I agree with Solie, something's up with Kazmaier & Tully definitely knows something.

Birmingham is in for a wild night.

I love that Wahoo and JYD keep antagonizing the Russians. What's in the box???

I'm a sucker for masked wrestlers, so having 3 Nightmares is pretty damn cool. Gordon's final words capped off a great segment. 

Ladd continues to play it fair. He's quickly becoming my favorite promoter in the game. His shots at Watts makes for great TV. I wonder what Watts will think about Ladd going into Dallas. 

The Doctor is in and the Freebirds have his back.

Missy gets national cover with the magazine which brings even more attention to Hot Stuff Inc. A lot riding on their upcoming match with the Sawyers. More momentum as Steiner takes down Porkchop. 

Both Stevens and the Spoiler have been built up well. I'm looking forward to their match. Even though these guys are in their Twighlight, you've given them something to sink their teeth into. 

Gordy beats Boyd in the midst of chaos. Good call on booking a tornado match.

WOW! Dr. Death comes out of the box! These angles always worked and it did again tonight. The Russians are in trouble. 

Where'ssssss Bill? I agree with Gordon, all fingers point to Tully and Dark Journey. 

The promos tonight really added to the storylines. Ladd's going to be counting a lot of money. 

Tpvk7tn.png

The Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

August 8, 1987

Rick Steiner with Missy Hyatt defeats “Rufus “Night Train” Jones with a German Suplex

Tom Prichard defeats Moondog Rex when he connected with a powerbomb after Moondog Rex swung and missed a knockout blow with his dog bone.

Match of the Undefeateds 

The Spoiler defeated Ray “The Crippler” Stevens with Ron Wright by DQ as the Spoiler had the Iron Claw locked in on Ray Stevens when another masked man rushed the ring and came off the top rope with a diving knee drop.  Wright, Stevens and the masked man gave Spoiler a pretty good beating after the ref called for the belt.

Spot in the Ted Turner Cup on the Line

Buzz & Brett Sawyer vs Eddie & Doug Gilbert with Missy Hyatt

Buzz Sawyer hit the frog splash on Doug Gilbert for the win while Eddie and Missy were dealing with Bret on the outside of the ring.

Tully Blanchard with Dark Journey defeated Scott Armstrong with the slingshot suplex 

6 Man Tag Match 

The Nightmares vs The Lightening Express & a mystery partner

Only in Alabama could this mystery partner be a big deal but with his Continental Championship Wrestling time, Johhny Rich really got the fans off their seats here when his name was announced.  In the end, we were going bonzo-gonzo with all 6 men in the ring when Johnny Rich nailed Nightmare #3 with a dropkick to the face after #3 loaded his mask.  The dropkick combined with the metal in the mask sent #3 for a loop and Rich got the easy pin.

Texas Tornado Match

Just like the last match, we get a crazy 6 man bout where action is all over the arena.  In the end, Buddy Roberts had the Commonwealth flagpole broken over his head by Boyd and Boyd got the win!  

Lights Out-Falls Count Anywhere Match

Wahoo McDaniel, JYD & vs Ivan & Nikita Koloff

This match turned into an impromptu 6-man bout after Vladimir Petrov interfered which led to Dr. Death rushing in.  In the end, we see JYD Thump Uncle Ivan for the win.  The fan favorites were standing in the ring while the Russians were on the outside thinking of one last attack.  As soon as the Russians got up on the apron, they were all knocked back down to the floor.  The interesting thing here was that it was Dr. Death who went right after Nikita! 

I imagine Steiner & Freight Train was a hard hitting opener.

Prichard wins the battle of beauty vs beast.

Spoiler locks on the claw but Wright & Stevens brought backup.

The Mad Dog flys earning him & Brett a spot in the tournament.

Blanchard definitely drew serious heat beating a Armstrong in Alabama.

Loading the mask blows up in the Nightmare's face.

Boyd brings victory with the flagpole.

JYD may have gotten the pin but it looks like Williams is calling dibs on the title shot.

The recap was a fun intro to the TV show but I'm glad to have a proper posting for a Revolution house show.

The following information was leaked to all of the major newspapers from Texas to Georgia. 

gX3Iwz2.png

CEASE-AND-DESIST ORDER 

I, Jake Brigance, the famed Civil Rights Lawyer from Clayton, Mississippi, under the guidance of Mid-South Revolution Wrestling and their founder, Ernest Ladd, have petitioned and been granted a Cease-And-Desist Order by the 11th Circuit Court of the United States in Atlanta, Georgia against the Universal Wrestling Federation for their use of images and likenesses of current employees of Mid-South Revolution Wrestling.

IvqlnLB.png?2

On the August 8th, 1987 episode of the Power Hour, airing from the Sportatorium in Dallas, Texas, the show begin with a montage of wrestling stars.  These stars included Michael Hayes, “Buzz” Sawyer, Ms. Dark Journey, Nikita Koloff and Ivan Kolff. 

jmytUJh.png?5

All of the above-named wrestlers are currently employed by Mid-South Revolution Wrestling and not the Universal Wrestling Federation.  Not only is the use of this montage false advertising, but it was also never cleared with Mr. Ladd.  If Mr. Watts does not immediately stop airing the stars of Mid-South on his television show, we will be forced to take this matter to court.  If I was able to get Carl Lee Hailey, a black man, who shot a police officer in the Clayton Court House in front of hundreds of witnesses off, imagine what I will do to your company Bill Watts.  I hope it does not come to this. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Again Straightedge, Just part of an angle that I had planned before you joined.  No hard feelings.  Keep airing your montage.  It was cool.

Rick Steiner has been dominating the undercard. 

Dr. Tom is really getting his powerbomb over. I loved when he started using this. 

By DQ, Stevens remains the undefeated one. However, the damage was done as a new masked man enters the scene. 

Sawyers get the tournament spot. How satisfying it was seeing Buzz splash Doug. 

Tully gets a nice win over a very credible Scott Armstrong.

Johnny Rich arrives and helps White Lightning deal with the Nightmares. I always liked writing for Johnny. He's in a good place right now. 

In another wild 6 man match, Boyd shocks both the Freebirds and the fans by getting the big win. 

Awesome way to end the show with another chaotic brawl. JYD gets the thump on Uncle Ivan. The big story here is DR. Death going after Nikita. Oh man, Dr. Death vs. The Russian Nightmare could sell out a stadium. 

The heat couldn't be hotter as Ernie Ladd brings in none other than Jake Brigance to deal with Watts legally. Watts better be careful. This storyline has been so interesting. I can't wait to see how Watts responds.