kevinmcfl

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tpvk7tn.png

AUGUST 15

EPISODE 6

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very, very much indeed to another week of Mid-South Revolution Wrestling.  I am Gordon Solie, and it is my pleasure to be coming to you tonight from the Houston County Farm Center in Dothan, Alabama but before we get to our show tonight, I would like to bring you back to last week were “Strongman” Bill Kazmaier was to face Tully Blanchard but he never made it to the ring and we were all left wondering what had happened.  I had a feeling Tully Blanchard had something to do with it and I might just have been right.  It seems that here at the Houston County Farm Center, there is a security camera outside the building and when Kazmaier did not show up, there was a request made by Revolution Wrestling to view that tape and that request was granted.  Folks, I guarantee you that you will want to see this.

VTR FROM LAST WEEK OUTSIDE THE ARENA

Bill Kazmaier is seen walking to the arena when he is attacked by the Barbarian with some sort of lead pipe.  The Barbarian really goes to town on Kazmaier who is left is a bloody heap in the parking lot.  Next, we see Dark Journey rush out to the parking lot and give a large briefcase to a woman driving a red sports car.  While the camera angle is not great, most believe that the person driving the sports car was Woman, the former manager of Lex Luger, Vader and the Barbarian in the UWF.  Interesting thing is that Woman drove off and never waited for the Barbarian to get back in the car.  The camera picks up a confused Barbarian who drops the lead pipe and starts running towards the woods behind the Farm Center.

Gordon Solie:  I would like to bring out Ernie Ladd to get his decision on what we just saw.

Ernie Ladd:  Folks, what we just saw was Bill Kazmaier get beat pretty badly by The Barbarian.  Why?  I have no idea.  Some of you want to blame Tully Blanchard and argue that the briefcase Dark Journey gave to the person in the sports car was a payoff for taking care of Kazmaier.  I have no proof of that, and I think anyone who says they do is lying.  Should I suspend Tully Blanchard for this?  Not without evidence.  Heck, for all I know, Dark Journey was giving the Woman a contract to purchase the Barbarian.  Also, the beating in the parking lot was just that, a beating in a parking lot.  I have told everyone around here that Revolution in going to be on the up and up.  I could care less what happens outside the ring.  I control what happens in the ring, not in the parking lot.  The surprising news is that Kazmaier was not seriously injured and will be this Monday in Jackson to take on Tully Blanchard.  Gordon, I will be back.  I am tying up a few loose ends for the Ted Turner Cup on September 4 and 5th!

Gordon Solie:  While I don’t agree with Mr. Ladd on this one, I admit that he is sticking to his guns and calling it the way he sees it.  Now on today’s show, Junkyard Dog will be in action.  Eddie Gilbert will be taking on Tyree Pride.  The Lightening Express will be taking on Ray “The Crippler” Stevens and the newest member of Ron Wrights group!   The Spoiler faces Mean Mike Miller and in the main event, it will be a Revolution Title Match as Nikita Koloff takes on Buzz Sawyer!  That and much, much more.  I believe the timekeeper is ready so let’s head to the ring for our first match

MATCH 

JUNKYARD DOG DEFEATS “PRETTY BOY” DOUG SOMERS WITH THE THUMP 

Post-match interview has Wahoo and Dr. Death join JYD

Gordon Solie:  Wahoo, I must admit that your last gift to the Russians might have just tipped the scales in your favor.  For the folks who didn’t see what happened last week, take a look at this!

A quick VTR of Ivan, Nikita and Petrov opening the giant box that Wahoo left as a gift for the Russians where Steve “Dr. Death” Williams jumped put and we had another Pier 6 Brawl to remember.

Wahoo McDaniel:  Gordon, enough was enough.  Those cowards always seemed to make sure they had the advantage when they attacked.  Now with Dr. Death here, JYD and myself can focus on sending these three misfits back to Moscow.

JYD:  That’s right Gordon, come the Turner Cup, there’s going to a changing of the guard around here.  First of all, Wahoo and I are going to be the Revolution tag champs and Dr. Death is going to take down Nikita once and for all.

Dr. Death:  Nikita Koloff… you might be big and bad but last week in the Sam Houston Coliseum when I dared you to come back to the ring, I saw the fear in your eyes.  Wahoo’s right!  You are nothing but a yellow-bellied coward.  It’s not if but when I get my title shot here in Revolution Wrestling and I’m going to show you what a good ol boy from Oklahoma can do when I Stampede you right through the  mat!

Gordon Solie:  For the first time since Revolution Wrestling started, I have a good feeling that the Russians are in some serious trouble. 

COMMERCIAL BREAK-PROMOS FOR MONDAY @ THE JACKSON COLISEUM

MATCH

EDDIE GILBERT WITH MISSY HYATT DEFEATS TYREE PRIDE WITH THE HOTSHOT

Missy Hyatt and Eddie come over to the podium after the match and Missy is still flaunting her magazine cover on Pro Wrestling Illustrated but Gordon seems to knock the Hottest Couple in Wrestling down a peg when he asked Eddie how it felt when The Sawyer brothers defeated him and his brother and earned a shot into the Ted Turner Cup! 

Missy Hyatt:  Gordon, if we wanted you to speak, we would have asked you to.  Now even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes and that is exactly what happened last week in Birmingham.  Miracles happen and that it exactly what it took for the Sawyers to beat the Gilberts.

Eddie Gilbert: I am getting sick and tired of hearing about the Sawyers.  This Monday in Jackson it will be me and Buzz Sawyer one on one and I will prove to you that a Sawyer will never beat a Gilbert again!

When Missy and Eddie walk off, Tully Blanchard and Dark Journey come out and just like the last couple, this one is in one bad mood!

Tully Blanchard:  Gordon Solie, you and I go way back brother and to tell you the truth, I have never liked you very much and now you are out here spreading rumors… rumors about me having something to do with Bill Kazmaier not showing up to our match last week.  If he was attacked by the Barbarian in the parking lot in a car driven by Woman, it is not my fault.  I mean even thought Kazmaier has been in this game for only a few weeks, he has a lot of enemies. 

Gordon Solie:  And how do you explain Dark Journey giving a briefcase to Woman after the attack?

Dark Journey:  Again, there you go jumping to conclusions!  Woman and I had a meeting a few weeks ago about a potential client and she forgot her briefcase.  I was just returning it.

Gordon Solie:  Ah ha!   

Before our next match, Ron Wright, “Crippler” Ray Stevens and the masked man from the Boutwell Auditorium come to the podium where Gordon Solie again quickly puts the heels in their place.  One thing for sure is that this masked man is one physical specimen and he is going to be a force to reckon with.

Gordon Solie:  It seems like The Spoiler emerged undefeated in the match of the unbeatens when he beat you in Birmingham Mr. Stevens.

Ray Stevens:  Did you see my shoulders pinned to the mat?.... NO.  Did you see me submit to that stupid claw? … NO.  It was the incompetence of referee Pee Wee Anderson that gave the victory to the Spoiler. 

Ron Wright:  That’s right Gordon.  That masked coward put his hands on me and my newest member of the Christian Wrestlers Association came to my rescue.

Gordon Solie:  Christian Wrestlers Association?  Oh brother!  So who is this masked man with you today?

Ron Wright:  This is the NEW Spoiler!  The man who will end the career of that heathen who dared touch me.

Gordon Solie:  The New Spoiler?  Oh this just gets better and better.

MATCH

THE LIGHTENING EXPRESS VS “THE CHRISTIAN WRESTLERS ASSOCIATION WITH RON WRIGHT

We had a back and forth match between these two opposite teams.  The Lightening Express used speed and aerial moves while the Crippler and the New Spoiler used some power moves and questionable tactics.  In the end Ron Wright tired of the match and clobbered Tim Horner with his “chisel.”  This brought out the Spoiler who went right after Ron Wright.  The New Spoiler saw this and left the ring and we had a battle of the Spoilers on the outside.  The ref called for the bell giving the win to the Lightening Express by DQ but the only way to stop this brawl was a commercial break.

Ernie Ladd:  Folks, I told you that I was working on a few loose ends for the Ted Turner Cup and I have some very interesting news.  First of all, this Monday night in Jackson, there will be a 20 man battle royal and the winner will receive the first shot at the Revolution Title on September 4th at the Sportatorium.  Let me tell you something, the phones have been ringing off the wall trying to get into this match.  What I can tell you is that all of your favorites will be there including JYD, Wahoo McDaniel, Steve “Dr. Death” Williams and Terry Gordy along with those you love to hate including Tully Blanchard, Eddie Gilbert and Ray “The Crippler” Stevens.  And listen to this, we have just gotten off the phone and former AWA Tag Team Champion and one of the greatest wrestlers in the world, Jumbo Tsuruta will be here!  Also, don’t miss next weeks show as all 16 teams will be identified for the Ted Turner Cup along with the second arena which will host the finals will be announced!

MATCH

THE SPOILER DEFEATS “MEAN” MIKE MILLER

This was a pretty drawn-out match that finally saw the Spoiler lock in the claw.  In a quick post-match interview, the Spoiler had some choice words for Ron Wright, Ray Stevens and the so called “new-spoiler.”  The Spoiler made it clear that the Christian Wrestling Association was nothing more than a bunch a thugs and that he has been in this business for a long time and has made some good friends and if Wright wants a fight, then he is sure ready to give him one.

COMMERCIAL BREAK-PROMOS FOR MONDAY @ THE BOUTWELL AUDITORIUM

MAIN EVENT MATCH

MAIN EVENT

REVOLUTION TITLE MATCH

NIKITA KOLOFF © vs BUZZ SAWYER

A wild match that saw two rabid dogs going after each other tooth and nail.  Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt strutted down to ringside which distracted Sawyer long enough to get nailed with the Russian Sickle as Nikita successfully defended his title. 

Gordon Solie:  Folks, What a great night it’s been here in Dothan as we had a lot of questions answered.  It seems Tully Blanchard had something to do with the attack on Strongman Bill Kazmaier.  Ron Wright has set his eyes on ridding Revolution Wrestling on the Spoiler and it seems he has a “new spoiler” to do it.  And if you are anywhere near Jackson, Mississippi this Monday make sure you get to the Coliseum for the huge battle royal.  So long from the Heart of Dixie

THE JACKSON COLLSIEUM-JACKSON, MS THIS MONDAY

Tim Horner vs Nightmare #1 

Buzz Sawyer vs Eddie Gilbert with Missy Hyatt

Michael Hayes vs Sheepherder Luke Williams

Brad Armstrong & The Spoiler vs The New Spoiler & Ray “The Crippler” Stevens with Ron Wright

Bill Kazmaier vs Tully Blanchard

6 MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

Wahoo McDanial, JYD and Dr. Death vs Vladimir Petrov & The Koloffs

20 MAN OVER-THE-TOP-ROPE BATTLE ROYAL

WINNER GETS A REVOLUTION TITLE SHOT AT THE TURNER CUP

Ladd issues perhaps his most controversial ruling yetbut at least he explains himself & there is a logic there. Also the image of Barby just runnig off into the woods after being ditched is hilarious.

The trio of Wahoo, JYD & Dr Death are looking to claim all the gold in Mid-South.

A couple of rough interviews for Solie, Though Dark Journey's explaination was worth a chuckle.

OK Solie's reaction to Wright was just perfect. Christian Wrestlers Association? NEW Spoiler? Classic.

What a stacked battle royal, Jumbo is coming! Plus Ladd promises to reveal the location of night 2 of the Ted Turner Cup as well as who's in it next week.

The original Spoiler isn't impressed with his replacement & is bringing in Brad Armstrong to even the odds.

A timely distraction from Eddie & Missy allows Nikita to retain the Revolution Championship.

What a card for Jackson.

Tpvk7tn.png

THE JACKSON COLLSIEUM-JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI

MONDAY AUGUST 15, 1987

Tim Horner defeats Nightmare #1 with an inside cradle

Buzz Sawyer defeats Eddie Gilbert by DQ when Missy Hyatt demanded Rick Steiner to interfere in the match and he nailed Sawyer with a German Suplex

Michael Hayes vs Sheepherder Luke Williams ended in a Double Count-out which in turn ended in a 6 man brawl when Terry Gordy, Buddy Roberts, Butch Miller and Jonathan Boyd joined the fight.

The New Spoiler and Ray “The Crippler” Stevens with Ron Wright defeated Brad Armstrong & The Spoiler when the ref was knocked down and Ron Wright hit The Spoiler with his “chisel” which allowed The Crippler to make the cover.  Ron Wright was heard proclaiming that good things come to those who are members of the Christian Wrestlers Association.

GRUDGE MATCH

Bill Kazmaier vs Tully Blanchard

The ring announcer informed the fans that Bill Kazmaier was unable to compete due to injuries sustained by the Barbarian.  Tully strutted around the ring mocking Kazmaier and calling him a coward.  Ernie Ladd came out and announced that he had found a replacement for Kazmaier.  Tully was fuming and said that since nobody proved that he had anything to do with Kazmaier’s injury, he should not have to wrestle.  Ladd explained that he has already told everyone that he could care less what happened in a parking lot and he only controls what goes on in the ring and that if Tully wanted to remain in Revolution Wrestling, he will wrestle tonight.

The crown nearly blew the roof on the Coliseum when Blackjack Mulligan was announced as Blanchard’s opponent.  In the end, both wrestler’s were bloodied and Mulligan had the claw locked in on Tully when Dark Journey hit the ring and slammed Mulligan with her high heeled boot.  The ref called for the bell as Mulligan, unphased by the boot, turned to go after Dark Journey.  Tully took this as a chance to attack from behind but once again, Mulligan “No Sells,” Tully’s attack and Tully and Dark Journey make a quick escape.

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

6 MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

Wahoo McDanial, JYD and Dr. Death vs Vladimir Petrov & The Koloffs

A wild brawl that ends with Dr. Death hitting the Oklahoma Stampede on Nikita for the huge win!

MAIN EVENT

20 MAN OVER-THE-TOP-ROPE BATTLE ROYAL

WINNER GETS A REVOLUTION TITLE SHOT AT THE TURNER CUP

Jumbo Tsuruta outlasts Terry Gordy, Tully Blanchard and Rick Steiner to earn the Revolution Title match at the first night of the Ted Turner Cup!

White Lightening strikes the Nightmare.

Steiner had to bail Eddie out against the Mad Dog. Hope it doesn't come back to bite the Gremlin.

Naturally, putting the Freebirds & Commonwealth together results in chaos.

The CWA strike a blow for Christian wrestlers everywhere.

Mulligan arrives & immediately finds a reason to whoop Blanchard's ass. Not surprising really.

Dr Death pins the champ In the 6 man sending a powerful message.

A new player arrives as Jumbo earns himself a title shot on his first night in the company.

Loved the parking lot footage. I agree with AD, the sight of a confused Barbarian running into the woods cracked me up. 

JYD, Wahoo and Willams are united and ready for the Russians. 

I'm sure Gordon was thrilled at dealing with Hyatt and Dark Journey back to back. 

Ron Wright brings in the new Spoiler to team with Stevens. That's followed by a Spoilers brawl. I'm liking this program. 

Spoiler taking down Mean Mike proves he's ready for Wright's Christians. 

I would've loved a Nikita/Buzz TV main event. Talk about hard hitting! Gilbert gets the heat and Nikita takes advantage. 

Onto Jackson. 

Horner gets the crowd warmed up.

Thanks to Steiner, Buzz can't get the upper hand on Gilbert.

Freebirds and Sheepherders give the fans another crazy brawl. 

Wright is lethal with his chisel. I'm sure Stevens loved getting that pin on Spoiler. 

Well, we don't get Kaz but we do get BLACKJACK MULLIGAN! I know everyone in the building except Tully and Dark Journey absolutely loved this. Looks like a feud has started. 

Oh wow! Williams gets a dominant pin on Nikita! I'm sure Williams has earned a title shot down the road. 

Speaking of title shots, Jumbo comes in and quickly earns one by winning a star studded battle royal. Nikita vs. Jumbo! Bring it on! 

hOX89Bf.png

August 20, 2020

Episode #7

Short Version due to family vacation

Ladd vs Watts vs Fuller

Recently Ernie Ladd and Ron Fuller sat down and talked as Fuller expressed interest in restarting Twin States Wrestling and was wondering if Ladd would be okay sharing Mississippi and Alabama.  Ladd went above and beyond what Fuller was wishing for as he told Fuller his war was with “Cowboy” Bill Watts and not Fuller so Fuller could have all of Alabama and Mississippi and that he would run in direct competition with Bill Watts in Louisiana and Texas.  Ladd said he was still in contact with numerous venues to host his weekly TV show including the Cowtown Coliseum in Fort Worth, The Sportatorium in Dallas, Texas and the Civic Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.  Ladd was heard telling Fuller that this is personal and only one promotion will survive. 

The Ted Turner Cup

The Ted Turner Cup is a tag team tournament to be held on September 3rd and 4th to crown the first ever Mid-South Revolution Tag Team Champions.  The winners will also receive $100,000.  The site on the first night of the tournament was already announced as the Sportatorium in Dallas.  On this week’s tv show, the last from the Farm Center in Dothan, Alabama, it was announced that the Sam Houston Coliseum would host the second night of the tournament.  The 16 tag teams in the tournament were also announced and are as follows:

Buzz & Brett Sawyer

Ivan Koloff & Vladimir Petrov

The Freebirds

The Commonwealth (The Sheepherders)

Eddie Gilbert & Rick Steiner

The Lightening Express (Tim Horner & Brad Armstrong)

The New Spoiler & “The Crippler” Ray Stevens

Tom Prichard & Porkchop Cash

The Spoiler & Baron VonRaschke

Scott Armstrong & Johnny Rich

Wahoo McDaniel & JYD

Bruce & Keith Hart

Shunji Takano & Super Strong Machine

The Nightmares

JT Southern & Mike Jackson

Nord “The Barbarian” & The Mighty Goliath

Ernie Ladd was very excited with this list as he says Mid-South Revolution is getting a good name in the business and that the Ted Turner Cup has entrants not only for Revolution but all over the United States and the world. He explained that first round matches will be chosen by a lottery system.

Other Matches Signed for the Ted Turner Cup:

September 3rd:  Revolution Title Match:  Nikita Koloff vs Jumbo Tsuruta

This match was hyped up on the tv show from Dothan as Jumbo had a clean win over Moondog Rex with a nice Jumping Knee Strike followed by a backdrop.  After the match, the Russians tried to make sure Jumbo never made it to the Sportatorium for the Ted Turner Cup.  Ivan Koloff and Vlad Petrov hit the ring first only to be Big Booted over the top rope.  Nikita entered next and the two traded some huge blows in the center of the ring.  As the other Russians were back on the apron and ready to pounce, JYD, Wahoo and Dr. Death hit the ring.  Soon all of the Russians were out on the floor with the fan favorites in control of the ring.  Interesting thing here was a big handshake between Jumbo and Dr. Death.

September 4th: 

Leather Strap Match:  Blackjack Mulligan vs Tully Blanchard with Dark Journey

Revolution Title Match:  Steve “Dr. Death” Williams vs Nikita Koloff/Jumbo Tsuruta winner

Ernie Ladd explained that as a result of Dr. Death pinning Nikita in the 6 man-tag team match last week, Dr. Death earned the title shot.  Uncle Ivan protested saying that Dr. Death hasn’t been here long enough but Ladd didn’t care. 

The war between Ladd & Watts gets a new player as the Original Tennessee Stud is back in the game.

The Ted Turner Cup is stacked with several believable winners.

Jumbo has hit the ground running in Mid-South & maybe has made a friend in Dr Death.

Speaking of whom, he gets his shot on the 4th. Whoever wins between Nikita & Jumbo is gonna have a tough night ahead.

Mulligan & Tully in a Leather Strap Match! I'm so there!

Enjoy your vacation.

Fuller's back in the game but it's a non issue for Ladd because his focus is all on Watts.

Man, the tournament is loaded with talent. Can't call the winners yet. 

Jumbo's coming in with fire and the Russians found that out. I wouldn't mind seeing Jumbo and Williams tag down the road. 

As if the tournament wasn't enough, we got Tully and Mulligan in a strap match and two Revolution title bouts. Two days of non stop action. 

hOX89Bf.png

Turner Cup

(Thought I would post this early as I have some trades to help Twin States get going)

Night #1

The Sportatorium

Dallas, Texas

September 3, 1987

Round 1 of the Tag Team Tournament to crown the first ever Mid-South Revolution Tag Team Champion

Winning Team Also Gets $100,000

Eddie Gilbert & Rick Steiner with Missy Hyatt defeats Buzz and Brett Sawyer – Buzz Sawyer had Eddie Gilbert set up for the frog splash but Rick Steiner pushed him off the top rope.  Somehow, Buzz was able to tag in Brett but was not able to do too much for the rest of the match.  This left Brett to deal with Hot Stuff Inc. all by himself and eventually he fell victim to the German Suplex by Steiner and that was all she wrote. 

Porkchop Cash & Tom Prichard defeated the Bruce- The legendary Hart family came in and used their technically ability to keep their opponents off guard in the beginning of this friendly match.  Cash and Prichard used the energy of the crowd to eventual gain control with the end coming when Prichard hit the gutwrench powerbomb on the light Keith Hart.

“The Russian Bear” Ivan Koloff &Vladimir Petrov defeated Scott Armstrong & Johnny Rich- The Russians combined power with dirtiness to get this victory.  Both Ivan and Vlad went to work on the lower backs of their opponents with bearhugs and the win came after Vladimir came off the middle rope with a leg drop to the back of Scott.

Wahoo McDaniel & JYD defeated Shunji Takano & The Super Strong Machine- Give the team from Japan some credit as they gave the top fan favorite team everything they could handle.  Both Wahoo and the Dog had trouble dealing with the size and skill if their opponents.  Somehow, JYD mustered enough strength in the end to catch Takano with a Thump Powerslam!

The Freebirds (Terry Gordy & Buddy Roberts) with Michael Hayes defeated The Commonwealth (The Sheepherders) with Jonathan Boyd-  This match was the most chaotic match of the night with a lot of the action taking place with either all 4 men in the ring or brawling on the outside.  The finish came with the ref down and Luke Williams holding Buddy Roberts and Boyd poised to clobber Roberts with the flagpole.  Michael Hayes grabbed the pole from Boyd and rammed it into his stomach as Buddy mule-kicked Luke in the groin.  Roberts tagged in Gordy who cleaned house like a house on fire.  Eventually, we see Gordy lock in the Oriental Spike for the rare submission win. 

The Christian Wrestlers Association (Ray “The Crippler” Stevens & The New Spoiler) with Ron Wright defeated The Spoiler & Baron VonRashke after Wright took advantage of The Crippler distracting ref Pee Wee Anderson, clobbered Baron with the chisel. 

The Lightening Express (Brad Armstrong & Tim Horner defeated The Nightmares-  This victory came way of a referee’s reversal.  Brad Armstrong caught Nightmare #2 with a missile dropkick and the Nightmare went flying out of the ring and crashed hard.  He seemed to roll around under the ring.  He staggered into the ring just before the count of 10 and he caught Brad for the roll up and the 3 count.  The fans on the Nightmares side of the ring were screaming and ref Pee Wee Anderson, who had a tough night up until now, went outside the ring and looked under the apron.  What did he find… Nightmare #2 still out of it after his crash landing.  Pee Wee reversed the decision and awarded the Lightening Express with the win. 

Nord “The Barbarian” & The Mighty Goliath with Col. Buck Robley just destroyed JT Southern & Mike Jackson.-  The Revolution fans were in shock at the size of Buckley’s team.  Some said he heard about the prize money and he went hunting in the woods to find Big Foot but decided he would be too small so he kept looking and found these two monsters.  If you thought Nord was big at 6’8, 320, The Mighty Goliath made him look small.  The monsters just beat the babyfaces from pillar to post with the end coming when Mighty Goliath broke a few ribs on JT Southern with the Avalanche. 

MID-SOUTH REVOLUTION TITLE MATCH:  Nikita Koloff © with Ivan Koloff vs Jumbo Tsuruta

Jumbo is one of the few men who could match Nikita in size and as the champ soon found out, there was not a move he couldn’t do.  Back and forth the match went for nearly 30 minutes.  Ivan Koloff seemed to be very concerned on the outside and interfered by grabbing the leg of Nikita and placing it across the bottom rope after Jumbo had hit the Lou Thesz Press. All this did was bring out Steve “Dr. Death” Williams who went right after the Russian Bear.

This left Nikita to fend for himself and give the Devil his due, he took everything Jumbo had and kept on fighting.  The match got a little controversial as Nikita connected with the Russian Sickle and seemed to have the match won only for Dr. Death to return the favor and place Jumbo’s leg across the bottom rope before the count of three.  In the end, we see Jumbo duck under a second Russian Sickle and come back and catch Nikita with a Big Boot.  As Nikita staggered to his feet, Jumbo came in with the flying knee to the back. Jumbo had connected with a huge s hoisted Nikita up and had him in the airplane spin followed by the back drop.

1…2…3!!

The crowd explodes as we have a new champion!  Dr. Death is in the ring celebrating with Jumbo!

WHAM… from behind, Ivan takes out the knee of Jumbo.  He is in some severe pain.  Dr. Death chases the Koloffs away, but the damage has been done.  Jumbo raises the belt in celebration but is helped from the ring by Dr. Death, JYD and Wahoo who came down to help.  Will Jumbo be able to defend the belt against his friend Dr. Death tomorrow in Houston?  Only time will tell. 

Hot Stuff Inc isolate Brett leading to a win in the opener.

Gotta be honest, I consider Cash & Prichard beating the Hart Brothers something of a upset.

Crowd must've been so pissed when the Russians advanced.

But a win from Wahoo &JYD put them back in a good mood.

The Freebirds are definitely the favorites to win & they prove it by getting past the Commonwealth.

Wright's chisel earns his men a place in the second round.

The Nightmares almost steal a win but the fans rat them out.

Robley certainly found himself a pair of monsters & may just be the surprise of the tournament.

Jumbo wins the big one with some help from Dr Death but now has to defend against him with a bum leg. Let's see how Williams acts on night 2.

Gilbert and Hot Stuff Inc. finally get the best of the Sawyers. 

Cash and Pritchard make a pretty good duo. The Harts found that out.

Russians put in a dominant performance.

Cool seeing International teams booked. The Japanese give the top team a fight but JYD gets the thump in and it's over. 

Another heat filled match that sees the Freebirds get the better of current rivals, the Commonwealth. 

I'm loving the CWA. Wright's chisel once again is the deciding factor. 

Fun idea with the reversed decision. The Nightmares didn't get this one over on good ol Pee Wee. BTW, Reese deserves a raise after this night.

Damn! Robley puts together Nord and Goliath! What a debut! 

WOW! Did NOT see this coming! With some help from Doc, Jumbo beats Nikita for the title! The epic moment is ruined by the Russians. Now the question is, can Jumbo hang with Williams? Whatever happens, this was still an awesome moment for Jumbo and the fans. 

Bring on Night 2! 

hOX89Bf.png

TURNER CUP

NIGHT #2

Sam Houston Coliseum

Houston, Texas

September 4, 1987

(Again, posted early to help get Twin States going)

Round 2 of the Tag Team Tournament to crown the first ever Mid-South Revolution Tag Team Champion

Eddie Gilbert & Rick Steiner with Missy Hyatt defeat Porkchop Cash & Tom Prichard after Gilbert distracted the ref long enough to have Missy spray perfume in the eyes of Porkchop and then Gilbert followed it up with the Hot Shot.  While the tactics were questionable, the fans were impressed with the diving shoulder block that Steiner laid on Prichard before he could make the save. 

Wahoo McDaniel & Junkyard Dog defeated “The Russian Bear” Ivan Koloff & Vladimir Petrov by DQ as the downed ref woke up just in time to see Ivan Koloff clobber JYD with the chain wrapped around his fist.  JYD was busted open and unable to leave the ring on his own.  Fans were worried if he would be able to return to action later that night. 

The Freebirds (Gordy & Roberts) with Michael Hayes defeated The Christian Wrestlers Association (“The Crippler” Ray Stevens & The New Spoiler) with Ron Wright-  One thing for sure… the Freebirds have no problem matching the dirty tactics of any opponents the face.  When Ron Wright tried to use his chisel on Buddy Roberts, Michael Hayes was having no part of it.  Not only did he lay the old-timer out, he stole the chisel.  With the ref distracted by Ron Wright flying to the ground, Hayes passed the chisel on to Roberts who nailed the New Spoiler and that was all she wrote.  Roberts quickly gave the chisel back to Michael Hayes who tossed it right back to an unconscious Ron Wright.

The Mighty Goliath & Nord “The Barbarian” with Colonel Buck Robley defeated the Lightening Express-  In the end, the nearly 300 pound size advantage was too much for the Lightening Express as Tim Horner rushed in a little too quickly on Nord and The Barbarian followed it up with an Inverted Suplex on Horner.  The violence of this move actually had the fans cringing in fear for Horner’s safety.

STRAP MATCH: 

Blackjack Mulligan defeats Tully Blanchard with Dark Journey in a match that saw both men bloodied and beaten to a pulp.  Dark Journey tried to interfere at one point and ref Pee Wee Anderson caught here and sent her to the locker room.  This infuriated Tully and he seemed to lose focus for a minute allowing Blackjack Mulligan to lock in the claw and then drag him around the ring to all 4 turnbuckles!

Semi-Finals:  Tag Team Tournament:  Winner is the first ever Mid-South Revolution Tag Team Champion

Eddie Gilbert & Rick Steiner with Missy Hyatt defeated Wahoo McDaniel & JYD-  JYD came out with a blood-soaked bandage wrapped completely around his head and things just got worse as Eddie Gilbert rammed the Dog headfirst into the steel pillar.  This left Wahoo to basically fight Hot Stuff Inc. all by himself.  This was a task the Chief almost pulled off but in the end, with the help of an eye rake with the long nails Missy, Steiner connected with the German Suplex for the win.  Wahoo and the Dog seemed to struggle to get back to the locker room as Gilbert strutted his way past the fans which did lead itself to a barrage of debris headed his way. 

The Freebirds (Gordy & Roberts) defeated Mighty Goliath & Nord the Barbarian with Buck Robley as Michael Hayes out-tricked Buck Robley.  It seemed like Robley loaded up a black forearm pad that he was wearing and he clobbered Buddy Roberts who was draped over the bottom rope.  Hayes was screaming at Pee Wee Anderson about what happened, and Anderson went to question the Colonel.  Goliath came over trying to plead his manager’s case.   While this way going on, Hayes handed Gordy something and then proceeded to rush into the ring and drag a dazed Roberts over to his corner.  When the debut between Pee Wee and the heels was over, Anderson turned just in time to see the tag between Roberts and Gordy!  WHAM… Bam Bam clocked Goliath with whatever Hayes had handed him and the 460-pound Goliath collapsed.  To make it look more legit, Gordy locked in the Oriental Spike and Anderson called for the bell after raising the big man’s arm 3 times and watching it fall to the ground.  Colonel Robley seemed in shock that his team had lost. 

MID-SOUTH REVOLUTION TITLE MATCH:  Jumbo Tsuruta © vs Steve “Dr. Death” Williams

Most of the crowd was in shock when Jumbo was announced as the new champion as they didn’t realize he had defeated Nikita last night in Dallas.  While they were firmly behind Dr. Death, the handshake between the two at the beginning of the match made everyone realize the respect Dr. Death had for Jumbo, so treated Jumbo pretty good as well.  Even though the fans did not see the match with Nikita and Jumbo, it was obvious that something was wrong with Jumbo’s knee.  As for the match, the handshake was the only calm part of the bout as both men gave it their all with big move after big move and numerous close calls for both.  In the end, Jumbo had Dr. Death set up in the backbreaker but his leg just gave out and Dr. Death hit the Oklahoma Stampede for the win.  Dr. Death celebration in the ring was short lived as he turned his attention to the injured Jumbo.  After Williams was able to get Jumbo to his feet, he actually raised Jumbo’s hand for him to get a great ovation from the crowd.  Dr. Death took the house microphone and spoke to the crowd..

Dr. Death:  Folks, this man just gave me the match of my life on one leg.  Imagine what he could do with two legs.  Jumbo, if you are ever back in this area, I promise you two things.  First, I give you another title shot and second, we join together and go win the Revolution Tag Title! 

The crowd cheers for both as they again, shake hands. 

Finals:  Tag Team Tournament:  Winner is the first ever Mid-South Revolution Tag Team Champion

The Freebirds (Gordy & Roberts) with Michael Hayes defeats Eddie Gilbert & Rick Steiner with Missy Hyatt in a wild, hard-hitting event.  In the end, Missy Hyatt went to interfere but Michael Hayes rushed over to Hyatt.  Missy seemed scared to death and dropped to her knees.  Hayes bends down and lifts her back to her feet.  It looks like Hayes is going to slap her and Missy goes to cover up again.  Hayes places his two hands around her face and pulls her close…

WOW… Michael Hayes has just given Missy Hyatt the kiss of a lifetime.

Eddie Gilbert sees this and rushes to the ropes…

WHAM… powerslam by Terry Gordy

1…2…

Steiner rushes in for the save…

WHAM… Roberts with a chop block on Steiner…

3!  The Freebirds are the first ever Mis-South Revolution Tag Team Champions

Great way to kick off the show, a big win for the Steiner Brothers!

The tournament developed well with some amazing teams advancing!

Tully Blanchard can always be counted on for some gnarly violence in a gimmick match. Happy to see Blackjack Mulligan get the win!

Loved the finish for Steve Williams and Jumbo Tsuruta after an epic match!

Steiners versus Freebirds! What a main event!

Hot Stuff Inc. advances as Gilbert gets the fall while Steiner gets over.

JYD and Wahoo get the DQ win but Uncle Ivan spoils things with the chain. Things don't look good for JYD.

It took awhile but somebody finally got the chisel out of Wright's hands. Only Hayes could pull that off LOL. 

Barbarian and Goliath have taken the tournament by storm! 

Mulligan gives the fans plenty to cheer about as he bloodies and beats Tully in the strap match. Props to Tully for being such a great heel.

Hot Stuff Inc. takes advantage of JYD's injury to advance. Steiner is on fire tonight! 

Even as a babyface, Hayes is the best heel in the game. Both Wright and Robley found that out. 

It takes a special human being to go toe to toe with Williams on one leg. Williams wins the title but also shows Jumbo the upmost respect. I'm all for a Dr. Death title run. 

It all comes down to the Freebirds and Hot Stuff Inc. Once again Hayes is the difference as the Freebirds take home the gold! 

Excellent job! The tournament gave us all the excitement, intrigue and heat we could want. Mulligan pulls off a crowd pleasing win. And so much went on with the Revolution title as it changed hands twice. Ladd will have a lot to talk about next week. 

The Turner Cup was an action packed couple of days, The Freebirds victorious as the first tag Champs just feels right.

Speaking of feeling right....Dr. Death as Champion does as well! Great show of sportsmanship by Doc post match as well!  The Koloffs will be looking to regain the title real soon I'm sure!

Still working on getting caught up on everything but Mid South Revolution is off and running with great champions!

OK, night 2.

Missy's always there to lend her boys a helping hand.

An assault with the chain leaves the Russians DQ'd & JYD's status in doubt.

The Freebirds pay evil unto evil. 

Robley's monsters catch Lightning in a bottle.

Mulligan stands tall after a bloody strap match. Anyone gonna be surprised if Tully blames Dark Journey?

Between a injured partner & the interference of Hyatt, there was only so much Wahoo could do.

Robley learns you have to get up pretty early to outsmart the Freebirds.

Jumbo gives a gutsy effort earning him the respect of the Houston fans. Class act by new champion Williams.

Hayes intercepts Hyatt allowing the Freebirds to become your first Mid-South Revolution Tag Team Champions.

k3C3tyN.png

EPISODE #10

Sept. 10. 1987

7HFUdeP.png?1

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very, very much indeed to another week of Mid-South Revolution Wrestling.  I am Gordon Solie, and it is my pleasure to be coming to you tonight from the Irish McNeil’s Boy’s Club in Shreveport, Louisiana.  What a week it has been for Mid-South Revolution Wrestling as the Revolution championship changed hands, not once but twice last weekend and we also crowned the first ever Mid-South Tag Team Champions, the Freebirds!  If I must say, The Ted Turner Cup might have been the most exciting weekend in our wrestling history.  First, it was Jumbo Tsuruta defeating “The Russian Nightmare” Nikita Koloff to win the title but unfortunately for him, the Koloffs attacked him after the match and he was a little banged up for his match the next night against Dr. Death Steve Williams.  Dr. Death outlasted a valiant Jumbo and captured the title he has been hunting for a couple of months now.  Let me bring in the head of Revolution Wrestling, Ernie Ladd. 

IvqlnLB.png?2

Ernie Ladd:  First, I want to congratulate all of our new champions after the Turner Cup but I am really out here to speak on some other topics.  You may have noticed our new introduction to the show or depending how long you have been a fan, it might have seemed like the old introduction back when Bill Watt’s ran Mid-South Wrestling.  Well, anyway, we are going back to our roots.  We are going back to being Mid-South Wrestling!  Some may say that is Bill Watt’s old promotion.  Well, I say that is when wrestling was the King of Sports.  Bill Watts got too big for his own britches; both figuratively and literally.  Mid-South Wrestling was too small for Watts.  Watts had to go out and join the NWA.  Then Watts had to stage a coup and steal the NWA from Sam Munchnick.  Next thing you know, the NWA isn’t big enough for Watts.  He goes and creates The Universal Wrestling Federation.  Enough is enough.  Let’s bring Mid-South Wrestling back to the good people of Louisiana. 

Gordon Solie:  Ernie, aren’t you concerned with lawsuits by using the Mid-South logo?

Ernie Ladd:  Lawsuits” Ha…. I dare Watts to try something.  Our lawyer, Jake Brigance, warned them what would happen if they continued to use the image and likeness of Revolution stars.  Watts ignored us.  So, what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.  Fans in places like Alexandria, Baton Rouge, Houma, New Orleans and right here in Shreveport, get ready to go back to when wrestling cared about you.  Get ready to be the center of the world.  Everybody knows that I’ve been looking for a new TV home for our show.  I got some good advice from an old friend, Ron Fuller.  He says that you can always go home.  He went home to run wrestling in Alabama and I’m going to do the same here in Louisiana.  From now on, our weekly show will be coming to you from our new, uh, our old home… Irish McNeil’s Boys Club.  And that’s not all.  If we are going back to when Louisiana was the mecca of wrestling, let’s bring back the Louisiana Heavyweight title!  This will be the second highest title in Mid-South Wrestling; a steppingstone to the Mid-South title!  More information on this next week.  Now, let’s get ready to see some of the stars you are used to seeing here in Mid-South and some brand new ones.  Gordon…

Gordon Solie:  Well, there you have it folks.  Mid-South Wrestling is back and trust you me, we have a tremendous show instore for you this hour.  Vladimir Petrov will be taking on Porkchop Cash.  Buck Robley is back, and his new team of monsters will be taking on JT Southern and Trent Knight.  JYD is here and he will be taking on Moondog Rex.  Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert will be taking on “The Doctor of Desire” Tom Prichard and in our main event, it will be Tully Blanchard taking on Blackjack Mulligan!  I think our time keeper is set, so let’s get to the ring. 

MATCH 

Vladimir Petrov defeats Porkchop Cash in a back and forth brawl after Petrov followed up the elbow smash to the head with big suplay

Post-match interview has the Koloffs join Petrov at the podium

Gordon Solie:  Not sure I was expecting you three?

YWgRcTh.png?1

Ivan Koloff:  Why would I care about what you expect.  All we expected was fairness and even under Ernie Ladd, American wrestling finds way to cheat us.  Dr. Death Williams come to the ring during Nikita’s title match against Jumbo Tsurauta which he has no business doing.  Dat’s no all.  Then Nikita crushes Jumbo with the Russian Sickle; a move nobody gets up from.  What does Dr. Death do?  He grabs Jumbo’s leg and puts it over the rope.  Clear cheating by another American.  Ernie Ladd… Nikita demands a rematch. 

Gordon Solie:  Mr. Koloff, I you want to talk fairness, it was you, who first put Nikita’s foot over the bottom rope when it appeared Jumbo Tsuruta was about to win the title.

Nikita Koloff:  Nobody asked you.  Steve Williams… you know you can’t beat me.  That is why you help that Jumbo!  You found the only way you could win MY TITLE.  Don’t worry… I win it back verry, verry soon!

Gordon Solie:  Fair enough, I guess.  We will be right back.    

COMMERCIAL BREAK-PROMOS FOR MONDAY @ SHREVEPORT MUNICIPAL AUDITORIUM

MATCH

Nord The Barbarian & Mighty Goliath with Buck Robley crush JT Southern & Trent Knight with the win coming after Mighty Goliath mercifully allowed Pee Wee Anderson to complete the 3-count after a Giant Splash. 

Post-Match Interview:

Gordon Solie:  Mr. Buckley, I admit I was surprised to see you back in this area but it appears that you have found yourself a devastating tag team.

Col. Buck Robley:  Gordon, I will now be addressed by Colonel Buck Robley and I am putting  together the greatest army in all of wrestling.  If it was not for Michael Hayes and his cheating ways, my men would be Mid-South tag team champions right now.  Do you see the size of my men?  Did you see the power of my men.  They are unstoppable and soon the titles will be ours and Michael Hayes will rue the day he messed with me.

MATCH:

JYD defeats Moondog Rex with the Big Thump

JYD came out to the ring still sporting the bandage on his head from the attack by Ivan Koloff with a chain at the Turner Cup.  While JYD did get the win, he was once again bleeding at Moondog Rex clobbered him with the dog bone.

Wahoo McDaniel joins JYD at the post-match interview.

Gordon Solie:  Junkyard Dog… It seems no matter where you go, the Russians are trying to make things difficult for you.

Junkyard Dog:  Ivan Koloff… I am sick and tired of you!  You see my head.  I’m still bleeding a week later and that is because you are nothing more than a low-life coward.  Wahoo and I beat you again and you just can’t accept it.  You clobber me with a chain cause you can’t accept that your nation is second rate. 

Dog is barking and slobbering and is so angry he looks like he has rabies…

Wahoo McDaniel:  Ivan… me and you go back a long way.  I’ve never trusted you but I always respected you as a wrestler.  I mean you beat Bruno Samartino.  You have beaten Harley Race.  You have beaten the best of the best.  Now, all you do is try to put people out of wrestling who you can’t beat.  You are past your prime.  You are washed up.  Now you are trying live through your nephew.  Trust me, all he has are muscles.  Once the going gets tough, he folds time and time again.  Every time I look at him you are saving him from another loss…. and… when you don’t do your job… he is lying flat on his back in the center of the ring.  The Mid-South title is gone.  Now, JYD, myself and Dr. Death are going to make sure you are gone from here very, very soon.

Before our next match, Ron Wright, “Crippler” Ray Stevens and the New Spoiler come to the podium.

MkxcT8A.png?1

Ron Wright:  This past week, I was in the presence of Satan.  All my life, I have been working to rid the world of all of the evil Non-Christians in this sport and now, …. now… I have come face to face with the evilest man I have ever meet.  That’s right…. Michael Hayes… we are coming for and there in nothing you can do about it! 

Gordon Solie: Well, you may have to wait it line, it seems Colonel Robley has the same issue.

Ron Wright:  After what Hayes did at the Turner Cup… could you blame anyone who was not trying to put you out of this sport.

All of a sudden, Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt come to the podium…

zD7ou1l.png?1

Eddie Gilbert:  With all due respect Ron Wright, I better be first in line to get a shot at Michael Hayes.  Hayes…. You not only stole those tag titles from Rick Steiner and me but you dared to put you dirty, disgusting mouth on Missy’s mouth!  Nobody, and I mean nobody, gets away with kissing my lady…. You talk about nobody being tough enough to walk down Bad Street and stand up and fight you!  We let me tell you, I am not only walking down Bad Street, I’m knocking your door down, hauling you out to the middle of the street and showing everyone just how weak you are!

Gordon Solie:  I will admit, Michael Hayes was at the center of the tag team tournament, but we need to get back to the ring.  Eddie, I think your match is next.

MATCH

Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert with Missy Hyatt vs “The Dr. of Desire” Tom Prichard

hnKtM6z.png

While Eddie was giving the promo before the match, it was obvious that Missy was extremely upset thinking back to the kiss from Michael Hayes but as Tom Prichard entered the ring, it was almost like you could see her heart flutter a bit as the Doctor of Desire entered the ring.  For what ever reason, Missy played this match straight up which seemed to upset Eddie a bit.  In the end, we get a 10-minute draw where each man had some time wrestling from the top.

After the bout, Eddie seemed to want more of Prichard, but Hyatt convinced him to head to the locker room. 

MAIN EVENT MATCH

Tully Blanchard with Dark Journey vs Blackjack Mulligan

ahkdaAn.png?1                     CGWVM9Z.png?1

Prior to the match, we see an extremely confident Tully Blanchard as he struts right over to Mulligan and points at him with a chuckle.  Dark Journey holds her noise like Mulligan has an odor pouring off his body.  As ref Pee Wee Anderson gives the obligatory pat down for weapons. Gordon informs everyone that Blackjack had given Tully a pretty good beating last week in the Sam Houston Coliseum and the strap match, so he was unsure why Tully seemed so arrogant right now.

Just before the bell starts the match, a group of four Puerto Ricans (?) rush the ring and attack Blackjack Mulligan.  The only one that Gordon Solie is familiar with is Jose Estrada who he says he saw a few times in Florida and seemed to be the leader of some Hispanic gang and went by the name El Jefe. Solie has no idea why these men are after Blackjack and it seems like Tully is just as confused.  Tully even stepped towards the fray and looked like he was going to intervene but then Dark Journey grabbed his arm and pulled him away and the duo headed for the locker room.   

7ozVez1.png

alysVM0.png                                      kalHTe1.png                           cP1yweR.png

Gordon Solie:  I am truly at a loss right now at what is going on but we need to get some help out here right away or Blackjack Mulligan is going to suffer some serious injuries.  I’m sorry to do this but we are out of time.  If you are anywhere near Shreveport this Monday, make sure you get to the Auditorium for another great Mid-South event.  So long from the Pelican State. 

The Irish McNeil's Boys Club! The Revolution is seemingly through as Mid-South is going back to its roots.Ladd cements that by  announcing the return of the Louisiana title. 

Pissed off Koloffs aren't good for anybody, especially anybody holding a title.

Col. Buckley & his monsters aren't finished with the Freebirds yet.

JYD is frothing mad & Wahoo gets personal with Ivan.

Ron Wright & the CWA are also on the Freebirds trail. But it seems the line starts behind Gilbert who's looking to defend his lady's "honor".

Speaking of Missy, looks like she's got her eye on Prichard.

El Jefe is in Mid-South & his Cartel looks more dangerous than ever.

Man, Ladd is riding high and sticking it to Watts. Mid South's going back to its roots means good news for wrestling fans.

LOL, Uncle Ivan always knew how to put a spin on things. But hey, if we get a Nikita/Williams rematch, it's all good. 

Damn! Everybody's getting in line for a shot at Hayes. Robley's monsters, Wright's Christians and Hot Stuff Inc. Freebirds better get ready.

JYD and Wahoo are fired up this week. I like the continuity of JYD's head injury. 

Gilbert and Prichard put on a 10 minute clinic. I like this match up. 

OH YEA! El Jefe and his Cartel is back and stronger than ever! They immediately get heat by attacking Mulligan. Even Dark Journey wanted out of there.

Summer might be ending but Mid South is getting hotter. 

Ernie Ladd is kicking it old school taking  Mid South Wrestling back to the Irish McNeil Boys Club and I'm excited to see it!

It's an exciting time for Mid South with all the new Champions and now the Louisiana title will be back in play as well.

Speaking of exciting, I'm excited to see El Jefe and the Cartel arrive! BJM is in trouble along with anyone else who crosses their path.

kevinmcfl

Mid-South Revolution Wrestling

Municipal Auditorium

Shreveport, Louisiana

Monday September 12, 1987

Bell Time: 7pm

JT Southern pinned Doug Gilbert with Missy Hyatt following a top rope missile dropkick.  Southern escaped the ring before Eddie Gilbert could enact some revenge.

Tag Team Match:

Mighty Goliath & Nord “The Barbarian” defeated Rufus “Freight Train” Jones & Porkchop Cash following an Avalanche Splash by the 450-pound Goliath.

Ray “The Crippler” Stevens with Ron Wright defeated Baron Von Raschke after The Crippler followed up Wright’s chisel strike with the Bombs Away.

REMATCH FROM THIS WEEK’S TV SHOW

Tom Prichard defeated Eddie Gilbert with Missy Hyatt after Gilbert went nuts following a little flirting between Prichard and Hyatt.  Gilbert repeatedly clobbered Prichard with a chair.  The chaos continued when Michael Hayes hit the ring and went toe to toe with Prichard in the center of the ring.  It seems like Missy Hyatt is in a bit if a love triangle.  Eddie loved Missy.  Michael Hayes loves Hyatt and who knows what is going on between Hyatt and Prichard. 

Terry Gordy vs Rick Steiner is a continuation of the Hot Stuff-Freebird Feud that is a result of Michael Hayes kissing Missy at the Turner Cup and the Freebirds defeating Gilbert and Steiner.  Tonight, Hayes accompany Gordy to the ring and Gilbert joins Missy and Steiner.  There is as much action on the outside as on the inside.  Gilbert and Hayes seem to be brawling on the outside from the second the bout started.  As for the ring, Steiner held his own and hit Gordy with some big moves but couldn’t put the big man down. Eventually, Gordy is able to nail the piledriver for the win.  There are so many people after Michael Hayes right now, that he better sleep with one eye open!

Tully Blanchard with Dark Journey defeats Wahoo McDaniel with a roll up and a fistful of tights following an eye rake by Dark Journey.  Wahoo went after Tully after the bout but the evil duo escaped in the nick of time. 

SEMI-MAIN EVENT: 

DOG COLLAR MATCH:  JYD vs “The Russian Bear” Ivan Koloff

A bloody JYD defeats a bloody Ivan Koloff as JYD gets some measure of revenge for the Pearl Harbor job Ivan pulled at the Turner Cup when Ivan clocked JYD after the match with his Russian chain.   

MAIN EVENT

MID-SOUTH REVOLUTION TITLE MATCH:  Dr. Death Steve Williams © vs Nikita Koloff

“Dr. Death” Steve Williams defeated Nikita Koloff by DQ after Ivan Koloff attacked Dr. Death with the chain.  This lead to a big 6 man brawl as Vladimir Petrov rushed in to help the Russians as JYD and Wahoo McDaniel came to the aid of the champ.