Pro Wrestling Only

Mid-South Wrestling Revolution

kevinmcfl

Southern & Robley's monsters get solid wins. 

Wright & Stevens take down the Baron.

Missy's got all the men's attention and it's driving Eddie nuts.

Steiner gives a good fight but Bam Bam is too much to handle right now.

Tully takes the cheap win against Wahoo.

JYD claims vengeance on Uncle Ivan.

Speaking of whom, he bails out nephew Nikita & the night ends with a pier-six brawl. Certainly feels like Mid-South.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The night's off to a good start with Dougie going down. 

I'm loving the Nord/Goliath team. Devastating. 

Wright and Stevens are in synch and racking up wins. 

Oh man, I don't know who's causing more problems, Missy or Michael. I do know the fans are getting a lot of great brawls because of them. 

Tully vs. Wahoo is a great match up. This one had a classic Tully finish. 

JYD rocks the crowd after that satisfying win over Uncle Ivan. 

Hard hitting Willams/Nikita match ends the night in chaos. Stay tuned for more. 

You went right to the well with Tully and Wahoo... it will never dry with these two and their hatred for one another. JYD with a patriotic win... always a great piece to a wrestling puzzle.  Then we've got some big time tough man brawls with Williams and Nikita along with Rick and Gordy. I will take those match ups any day of the week. Give me the hoss' and brawls all the time.

k3C3tyN.png?1

SEPT. 17

EPISODE 11

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very, very much indeed to another week of Mid-South Revolution Wrestling.  I am Gordon Solie, and it is my pleasure to be coming to you tonight from the Irish McNeil’s Boy’s Club in Shreveport, Louisiana.  What a crazy week it has been here in Mid-South as we are still trying to rap our heads around the attack by Jose Estrada and his gang last week on Blackjack Mulligan.  Also, the feud between The Russians, JYD, Wahoo McDaniel and Dr. Death reached new heights this past Monday at the Municipal Auditorium in Shreveport.  Here to talk about those issues and with two big announcements is Mid-South President, Ernie Ladd. 

Ernie Ladd:  First, I know that everyone wants Jose Estrada and the Russians suspended for their actions this past week, but as I announce my decision on those issues, I want everyone here today to ask themselves, should I suspend Junkyard Dog when he interfered in the title match this week between Nikita Koloff and Dr. Death.  Should I strip the Mid-South tag team title away from the Freebirds for the actions of Michael Hayes at the Turnes Cup.  I bet I know your answers to those questions.  I have said over and over again that here in Mid-South we let the officials officiate and our differences are settled in the ring.  Why did Jose Estrada attack Blackjack Mulligan?  I have no idea, but I am looking forward to hearing his answer later in the show.  If his answer makes Mid-South Wrestling more exciting… he is hired!  If I was to suspend the Russians would that make our show better?  Heck no!  You people tune in to see matches like Dr. Death against Nikita or JYD vs Ivan Koloff in a Dog Collar Match.  I will admit that the feud between these groups might be reaching a dangerous level and I have an idea of how to solve that issue. 

Gordon Solie:  Fair enough.  Anything else Mr. President. 

Ernie Ladd:  Gordon… we have two huge events to announce to all our fans.  First, one week from this Monday night in the Riverside Centroplex in Baton Rouge, there is going to be an 8 Man Gauntlet match to crown the next Louisiana Heavyweight Champion.  Four of those eight wrestlers will be identified tonight.  Also, Halloween, one of the biggest nights in Wrestling is just around the corner and I have just secured the Superdome for Mid-South Wrestling’s first ever pay per view.  What better place for a Halloween Extravaganza then in the city of Voodoo… This event is Halloween Havoc. 

Gordon Solie:  Well, there you have it folks.  Mid-South Wrestling just keeps getting better and better and tonight will be no different.  We have another tremendous show instore for you this hour.  Ron Wright and his Christian Wrestlers Association will be in action.  The Canadian Strongman, Bill Kazmaier is back in action after his injury.  Tully Blanchard will be taking on Porkchop Cash.  We will be hearing from The Freebirds in the hour and as Ernie Ladd promised, we will also be hearing from Jose Estrada.  The Mighty Goliath with Colonel Buck Robley will be in a handicap match taking on 2 men and in the main event, it will be The Doctor of Desire, Tom Prichard will be taking on Rick Steiner with Missy Hyatt.  It looks like the time-keeper is set for our first match.  Let’s go to the ring. 

MATCH 

“The Crippler” Ray Stevens & The New Spoiler with Ron Wright defeat John Lathen & Bill Tab after The New Spoiler forced John Lathem to submit to the Over the Shoulder Backbreaker. 

Post-Match Interview:

Gordon Solie:  Mr. Wright, that was a nice win for your team.

Ron Wright:  Stop it Solie.  That match was a massacre.  That match was a waste of our time.  Where’s Baron Von Raschke at? …. Where’s The Spoiler at?  And Most important… Where are the Freebirds and their head sodomite, Michael Hayes.  It seems every time The Christian Wrestlers Association is around, the heathens run away.  How are we to do our job and cleans Mid-South of all the garbage if the scum of the earth run and hide. 

Gordon Solie:  That will be about enough of that.

Ron Wright:  Is it my fault you don’t like the truth Solie.

Gordon Solie:  Good Day gentlemen.  We need to take a break.      

COMMERCIAL BREAK-PROMOS FOR MONDAY @ RAPIDES PARRISH COLISEUM IN ALEXANDRIA, LOUISIANA

MATCH

“Canadian Strongman” Bill Kazmaier defeats   Larry Lathem with a thrashing Bearhug

In a quick post-match interview Solie welcomes Kazmaier back to action after he was attacked by the Barbarian in the parking lot.  After reminding the crowd that Dark Journey was seen giving Woman a briefcase after the attack, Solie as Kazmaier if he thought Tully Blanchard was behind the attack.  Kazmaier simply asked Gordon… “What do you think?”  When Solie simply shook his head in agreement, Kazmaier promised revenge against Blanchard. 

COMMERCIAL BREAK-PROMOS FOR MONDAY @ RAPIDES PARRISH COLISEUM IN ALEXANDRIA, LOUISIANA

MATCH:

Tully Blanchard with Dark Journey defeats Porkchop Cash with the slingshot suplex in a back-and-forth match that helped to prove that Tully and Dark Journey might be the dirtiest couple in wrestling.

Gordon Solie:  Tully, I can’t say I approve of your tactics, but you have been on a role of late.  People are starting to wonder if you are behind the attack last week on Blackjack Mulligan by Jose Estrada and his men.

Tully Blanchard:  This is ridiculous.  First, that wanna-be wrestler Bill Kazmaier gets jumped by the Barbarian and you people blame me.  Now Blackjack Mulligan gets jumped by a group of Spanish guys I have never seen in my life, and you are blaming me.

Gordon Solie:  I just seems like a strange coincidence that both of these attacks occurred just minutes before your match with Bill Kazmaier and Blackjack Mulligan.

Tully Blanchard:  Gordon, have you seen me beat Kazmaier or whatever his name is in the last few weeks?

Gordon Solie:  Yes

Tully Blanchard:  Have you seen me beat Mulligan just a few days ago at the Turner Cup?

Gordon Solie:  Yes but

Tully Blanchard:  No buts… I have beaten both of those clows and I will beat them again.  I have no need to have people do my work.  I am the best wrestler in Mid-South Wrestling and I will prove it!

Gordon Solie:  Well, you will have a chance to do that this week in Alexandria as you are taking on The Canadian Strongman.

Dark Journey:  And I promise you that Tully will win.

Dark Journey gives Tully a little peck on the check and the confident duo struts off. 

MATCH:

The Mighty Goliath with Colonel Buck Robley defeats Allen Martin & Cougar Jay after a double Giant Splash with Martin and Jay stacked on top of each other

During the quick post-match interview, Colonel Buck Robley continued to sing the praises of both his men, Mighty Goliath and Nord “The Barbarian” but his real focus was to call out Michael Hayes and the Freebirds.  Just like Ron Wright, he pointed out that the Freebirds never seem to be here when he is.

Once Robley left, Jose Estrada and his men come to the podium.

Gordon Solie:  Mr. Estrada, a lot of people around here want to hear what you have to say about why you and your men are here and why did you attack Blackjack Mulligan. 

Jose Estrada:  Orale vata!  Orale!  First of all Gordon Solie, I go by El Jefe…. For all you gringos here today that means I’m the boss… the leader… the one with the power.  I’m the head of the Cartel.  The most dangerous group in wrestling!  Let me introduce you to mi amigos!   Dis hombres behind me do as I tell them to and trust me brother, they are capable of doing anything I ask.  Dis is Taz… short for the Tazmanian Devil!  He is like a whirlwind of danger!  Dis is TNT… He’s going to explode on anything I tell him to.  Dis is Koonan…. As in a barbarian!

Gordon Solie:  Mr. Estra, um El Jefe, that still doesn’t tell me why you are here and why you attacked Blackjack Mulligan. 

El Jefe:  Orale, Orale.  The only reason why the Cartel does anything is for di dinero man, di dinero. 

Gordon Solie:  Are you saying you received money for attacking Blackjack Mulligan?

El Jefe:  Si, Senor.  Si!

Gordon Solie:  And who paid you?

El Jefe:  Ahhhh!  The million dollar question!  El Gringo Grande paid us.  El gringo grande!

All of a sudden, all of the members make some hand signals and shout… Crime Life 4 Ever and then they walk off.

Gordon Solie:  I think I have more questions now then before the Cartel came out here.

Gordon Solie:  Folks, during our break, I was handed this piece of paper with the first 4 entrants into the Gauntlet Match for the Louisiana Heavyweight Title in two weeks in Baton Rouge.  They are Junk Yard Dog, , Ivan Koloff, Blackjack Mulligan,  and Tully Blanchard. Wow… this is shaping up to be one great field. 

Before our next match, Eddie Gilbert, Missy Hyatt and Rick Steiner join Gordon Solie where the focus of Hot Stuff Inc. focuses on how they are going to get even with The Freebirds for the Ted Turner Cup.  When Solie asks Missy if there is anything between her and “The Doctor of Desire” Tom Prichard.  Missy looks like this is a topic that she doesn’t want to talk about while Eddie Gilbert gets right in Solie’s face and tells him that any woman would be out of their mind giving Gilbert the time of day when he she already has the hot stuff!

MAIN EVENT MATCH:

Rick Steiner with Eddie Gilbert & Missy Hyatt vs “The Dr. of Desire” Tom Prichard

This match had all kinds of tension as Missy seemed to not even want to make eye contact with Prichard as she feared what Eddie might do.  As for the match, Steiner held a lot of the momentum as his power moves left Prichard in trouble but give Prichard his due as he fought back after each suplex or slam.  The match got a lot wild as Pee Wee Anderson was the landing spot for Prichard on another suplex by Steiner.  With the ref down, Eddie ordered Rick Steiner to hold Gilbert while he gave a chair to Missy to clobber Eddie.  It seemed Missy was having an internal battle with herself on what to do.  She actually begged Eddie to not make her do it but he demanded!

WHAM!  Prichard slipped away at the last minute and Missy clobbered Steiner. 

Eddie was fuming and yelling at Missy.  Missy ran off with Eddie still in hot pursuit!  Prichard covered Steiner just as Pee Wee Anderson recovered to make the 3-count.  A huge win for Prichard. 

After the ring has cleared out, the Freebirds come to the ring and Michael Hayes has a microphone…

Michael Hayes:  Everybody says where are the Freebirds brother!  Where is Michael Hayes at!  Well Brother, now that Mid-South has returned to Louisiana, the Freebirds have been partying down in New Orleans.  All the pretty ladies over in the French quarter been saying Who Dat sexy fella every time I’m on town.  I tell them that’s Sexy Michael Hayes the baddest maama jamma from Bad Street Atlanta! Now that I come back to Mid-South Wrestling, all I hear is there are a bunch of people talking about how they want to walk down Bad Street.  Brother, they don’t want no piece of the Freebirds.  They just jealous!  I mean I out chiseled Ron Wright at the Christian Wrestling Association.  I loaded my forearm wrap better then the Private Buck Robley.  And I definitely out kissed Missy Hyatt more than Eddie Gilbert ever has. 

All of a sudden, the crowd starts to stir…

Gordon Solie:  Oh I think trouble is on the way…

The Christian Wrestling Association is on the way out followed by Col. Robley and his army.  Each group takes one side of the ring and surrounds the Freebirds…

Just as they are entering the ring,

Gordon Solie: bro-THER, The Freebirds may be in some trouble now!  Folks, I am really sorry to do this now, but we are out of time.  Mid-South Wrestling promises to keep the cameras rolling and we will let you know what happens right here next week.  If you are anywhere near Alexandria this Monday, make sure you get to the Rapides Parrish Coliseum for another great Mid-South event.  So long from the Pelican State. 

I love how Ladd just comes out & says "I'm not enforcing rules because it makes my show more exciting". The announcements keep coming with a gauntlet to crown the Louisiana champion & Mid-South's first PPV. (Note to self: come up for new name for October event)

Wright calling Hayes the "head sodomite" cracked me up.

Tully brings up a good point, there's no concrete proof he's behind these attacks. The fact that he benefited both times could just be coincidental.

Goliath crushes two men showing Robley's monsters are a force alone as well as together.

El Jefe lays out they did it for di dinero. But the question is....who is El gringo grande (the big foreigner)?

4 huge names for the gauntlet in Baton Rouge.

The Freebirds arrive in Shreveport but Hayes' mouth may have written a check his brothers can't cash.

Gotta love Ladd. Honest and straight to the point. Looking forward to the Gauntlet match as well as Halloween Havoc. The game's entering into the pay per view era. 

Wright's CWA is getting so much heat that Solie needs a commercial break LOL. 

Kazmaier is back but he might be in over his head with Tully and Dark Journey. 

I have a feeling Tully's telling the truth. Could be all coincidental...right?  

Robley's monster dominates. 

I'm so glad El Jefe is back in the game. His Cartel is stronger and bigger than ever. I wonder who El Gringo Grande could be? 

Hot Stuff Inc. is slowly sinking. It might be time for Gilbert to cut ties with Missy. Too much trouble LOL. I do like the push Prichard is getting. 

Hayes finally shows up and out comes all his enemies. Then time runs out. This always works because now we want more. 

Ladd's defiantly delivering on his promises. Mid South is on fire! 

image.png.7735302f2c7b37d73179febfbc6d8436.png

Rapides Parrish Coliseum

Alexandria, Louisiana

Monday September 19, 1987

Bell Time: 7pm

Doug Furnas defeats Killer Brooks in the battle of Mid-South newcomers when he was able to survive the dirty tactics of Brooks at hit a big spinebuster. 

Nord “The Barbarian” with Colonel Buck Robley Ron Wright defeated Rufus “Freight Train” Jones with a face-first powerslam.  Anyone who knows anything about Rufus knows he is ready for a fight at any time.  This is one fight that Rufus should have not taken again.  Nord was just a monster!!

Eddie Gilbert with Missy Hyatt defeated JT Southern with the Hot Shot in a pretty one-sided bout.

Tom Prichard defeated Moondog Rex with the powerbomb after he ducked under Rex’s attempt to clobber him with the dog bone.  While the match was good, it was the entrance that everyone in the arena was talking about.  Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt seemed to linger a bit after the match as they strutted around and antagonized the fans.  This caused Prichard to be walking out while Gilbert was heading to the locker room.  Gilbert and Prichard had a few choice words for each other but when Gilbert caught Missy staring in a flirtatious was at Prichard, Gilbert started yelling at Missy.  Prichard had a good chuckle which angered Gilbert more who now was pushing Missy to the locker room.

Texas Tornado Match:

Crippler Ray Stevens & The New Spoiler with Ron Wright defeated The Spoiler & Baron Von Raschke in another match in this on-going feud.  Ron Wright took advantage of the chaos and chiseled Baron which allowed Stevens to hit the Piledriver for the win.

Tully Blanchard with Dark Journey defeated “Canadian Strongman” Bill Kazmaier with a roll-up and a grab of the tights in a match where Tully showed ring-experience and smarts is more important that pure power.

SEMI-MAIN EVENT:  MID-SOUTH TAG TEAM TITLE

The Freebirds (Terry Gordy & Buddy Roberts) with Michael Hayes vs The Commonwealth (The Sheepherders) with Lord Jonathan Boyd

While there are numerous teams calling for a title shot and a match with the Freebirds, the Commonwealth, their old enemies, got the first shot.  This back-and-forth match could have gone either way but ended in a win by Count-out for the Sheepherders when Ron Wright’s Christian Wrestlers Association tried to get their ounce of revenge on Michael Hayes and attacked him outside the ring causing the other Freebirds to rush to his aid.   

MAIN EVENT:  TRIPLE DOG COLLAR MATCH

JYD, Wahoo McDaniel & “Dr. Death” Steve Williams vs Ivan & Nikita Koloff & Vlad Petrov

It is possible that Tod Gordon, the founder of ECW, was in the audience tonight as the violence of this match seemed like a precursor to what came out of Philly in a few years.  All 6 man were bloodied about two minutes into the match and the momentum changes came fast and furious.  As soon as someone went down, it led to a numbers advantage somewhere.  The end came when Dr. Death ducked under a limbo stick of Chains held by Ivan and Vald and then, after catapulting off the ropes, Williams caught the duo in a chain-filled clothesline.  Now the fan favorites were able to finish off Nikita in a 3-1 attack and then drag the Russians around to all four corners of the ring. 

Furnas & Brooks are both the kinda guys I can see fitting right in at Mid-South.

Robley's Barbarian derails the Freight Train.

Eddie & Prichard both get solid wins but Missy is the one everybody's talking about.

Wright's chisel leads to another CWA victory.

Blanchard shows Kazmaier he's got a lot to learn.

Sheepherders beat the champs but don't get the gold thanks to the CWA. 

The faces (barely) stand tall after a triple dog collar bloodbath.

Wild times in the Mid South!

The Cartel are after BJM and they say they're doing it for El Gringo Grande, I'm intrigued on who that might be.

I've always been a fan of Eddie Gilbert and Missy, I'm interested in seeing where things are going here as it pertains to Tom Prichard.

Huge win for Wahoo/JYD/Dr. Death over the Russians in that brutal main event!

Furnas comes in hot with a win over Brooks. 

Robley's monsters are unleashing havoc in Mid South. 

Fun story going with Gilbert and Prichard. These guys (and of course Missy) can pull this off with ease. Ladd will be counting money. 

Wright's Christians once again get the better of Spoiler and Baron. 

Tully's just to cunning. He'll be in the title picture soon.

Freebirds retain thanks to the Christians. Man, Hayes has a lot of enemies LOL. I wonder how the Commonwealth will react. 

In an epic blow off, JYD, Wahoo and Williams stand tall after putting the Russians down at their own game. Great moment. 

k3C3tyN.png?1

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very, very much indeed to another week of Mid-South Revolution Wrestling.  I am Gordon Solie, and it is my pleasure to be coming to you tonight from the Irish McNeil’s Boy’s Club in Shreveport, Louisiana.  We are just two days away from the big gauntlet match in Baton Rouge to crown the next Louisiana Heavyweight Champion.  Already, we know that Junkyard Dog, Tully Blanchard, Blackjack Mulligan and Ivan Koloff are involved in that match and now, I would like to bring out Ernie Ladd to announce the last four entrants into the Gauntlet and also to give us a few updates on what is going on here in Mid-South Wrestling.   

Ernie Ladd:  Things just get better and better in Mid-South Wrestling.  First, did you hear that interview with Jose Estrada last week!  Talk about exciting.  I have no idea about half the things he was saying but telling us that he was hired by El Gringo Grande to take out Blackjack Mulligan!  Wow.  And people around here want me not to give him and the Cartel contracts.  Are you out of your mind?   This is exactly what wrestling needs.  A drama… who is El Gringo Grande? Will the Cartel take out Mulligan?  Will El Gringo Grande want them to take out others!  This is going to be so exciting.  Their all hired!  Next… The Gauntlet match won’t be the only title decided on Monday in Baton Rouge.  Nikita Koloff, you wanted a rematch against Dr. Death for the Mid-South Title.  Well, you got it!  As for the tag team titles, The Freebirds will be facing The Christian Wrestler’s Association. 

Gordon Solie:  And as four the Gauntlet Match, who will be the last four entrants into the match…

Ernie Ladd:  The last four entrants into the Gauntlet Match will be Wahoo McDaniel, Tom Prichard, Eddie Gilbert and Nord “The Barbarian.”

Gordon Solie:  Very well indeed.  That is going to be one heck of fight for the Louisiana Title.

Ernie Ladd:  Before I go, I heard Blowhard Bill Watts talking about how he is going to be in the business forever and he keeps making money.  Well of course you are making money.  That’s because you keep stealing from everyone around you.  The fight for Louisiana Wrestling is on and I bet you that I will be here  a lot longer than you!  You talk about having even more ways to make money ….  well how about you spend some of it and come see the first pay per view in this region… Halloween Havoc on October 31st in the Louisiana Superdome.

Gordon Solie:  Wow, it seems like another gauntlet has just been thrown down.  Let’s not forget about tonight as we have a great hour instore for you.  Tully Blanchard will be taking on JT Southern.  The Mid-South tag team champions, the Freebirds will be in action.  We will also Rick Steiner in action today as he squares off against newcomer Doug Furnas.  Wahoo McDaniel will face Killer Brooks and in our main event, it will be “The Russian Nightmare” Nikita Koloff taking on “Canadian Strongman” Bill Kazmaier.  That and much, much more.  Let’s get to the ring.

MATCH 

Tully Blanchard with Missy Hyatt defeats a game but inexperienced JT Southern with the Sling Shot Suplex 

Post-Match Interview:

Gordon Solie:  Tully, you seem to be on a role of late.

Tully Blanchard:  Of course I’m on a role.  Last time I was in this god-for-saken arm pit of the world, I was the NWA World Champion and if not for Bill Watts stealing my title, I would still be the champ.

Gordon Solie:  Far enough but you are still not without controversy.  I mean El Jefe was out here last week claiming his Cartel will do anything for money and Dark Journey was seen giving Woman a briefcase after Barbarian attacked Bill Kazmaier.  Could the Cartel just be your new hired guns?  Are you the El Gringo Grande that they are talking about.

Dark Journey:  Enough of this nonsense.  Show some respect for the only man in this company to be called World Champion and after this Monday, he will be the Louisiana Heavyweight Champion, a stepping-stone to Dr. Death Steve Williams and the Mid-South title!

Dark Journey puts her arm around Tully and the evil duo heads off as Gordon is not convinced that he got an ounce of truth out of that interview.

COMMERCIAL BREAK-PROMOS FOR MONDAY @ RIVERSIDE CENTROPLEX:  BATON ROUGE

MATCH

Rick Steiner vs Doug Furnas

For all the fans in TV land, this was their first look at the powerful Doug Furnas and he didn’t disappoint as he gave a great effort but eventually fell just short as Steiner caught him in a German Suplex for the win.  The interesting thing was that Missy Hyatt never made it out to the ring to manage Steiner.

After Steiner had already gone to the locker room, Missy Hyatt comes out to Solie wearing large sunglasses. 

Missy Hyatt:  (in a very low voice) Gordon, I’d like to talk to Tom Prichard.

Gordon Solie:  I’m not sure I follow.  You’d like to talk to Tom Prichard?

Missy slowly takes off her sunglasses revealing a huge black eye.

Gordon Solie:  Good Lord!  What happened to you.

Missy Hyatt:  Eddie Gilbert did this to me and I need to speak to Tom Prichard right now. 

Gordon Solie:  Ummm, ummm, I just, ummm, I’m at a total loss.

Missy Hyatt:  I just need to talk to Tom.

Gordon Solie:  Umm, let’s see.  Can anyone see if Tom Prichard is in the building.  Again, are you telling me that Eddie Gilbert did this to you.

Missy Hyatt:  Yes.  Eddie thought I was helping Tom and says I wasn’t loyal to him.  Eddie went into a jealous rage.  He slapped me so hard I fell down and cracked my head on the table.

Gordon Solie:  Because you didn’t do Eddie’s dirty work last week when he wanted you to hit Tom with a chair, … You paid this kind of price?

Missy Hyatt:  Yes, Eddie thinks I have been flirting with Tom and he went crazy.

Gordon Solie:  God, you took an awful blow to the head.  Has anyone found Tom Prichard yet?

A studio hand comes out and whispers to Gordon that Tom Prichard refuses to come out as he is not responsible for any of this. 

When we come back from break, Missy Hyatt comes back out and is still begging to see Tom Prichard.  Gordon tries to convince here that we have a TV show to run, and our next match is set in the ring.  Missy begins to cry and starts to wander to the back to find Tom Prichard. Ernie Ladd comes out and asks her to stay with Gordon during the next match and he will see if Tom Prichard will come out.

MATCH:

Wahoo McDaniel defeats Killer Brooks in a match that didn’t seem to know there was a rule book for the sport.  In the end, Wahoo got the win with a big knee lift.

After the bout JYD joins Wahoo with Gordon Solie.  Both take turns hyping up the Gauntlet Match this week for the Louisiana Heavyweight Title while also trying to console Missy Hyatt.  Both JYD and Wahoo try to convince her that a real man would never lay their hands on a woman and she needs to get away and stay away from Eddie forever.  JYD and Wahoo are fuming that someone would do this to a woman.    

Ernie Ladd has returned with Tom Prichard who addresses Missy Hyatt

Tom Prichard:  Missy Hyatt, I don’t understand what’s going on here.  First you have Gordon Solie send someone to the back looking for me and next thing I know, Ernie Ladd is telling me to come talk to you.  It looks to me like you and Hot Stuff got some personal problems lady! And wait just a minute, I told you a long time ago, that you didn’t need to be hanging around with Eddie Gilbert because that guy was nothing more than a jealous hothead.  I told you that he would blame you every time he made a mistake.  Now, I’m not condoning nothing and you look like you are in pretty bad shape … and I wouldn’t hit a woman cause I think it’s just totally wrong to ever put your hands on a lady  …. but

Missy Hyatt:  Eddie… was… uh… he was.  He got me mad.  He started saying things… He said I was nothing but a flirt…. The type of girl nobody would ever bring home to Mama.

Tom Prichard:  Again, not sure what you want me to do.

Missy Hyatt:  Please Tom.  You know what I think of you.  You know how much I like you.  You know… I…. uh… need you!

Tom Prichard:  Whoaaa, just because you got a thing for me doesn’t mean I am the type of guy who goes around stealing other people’s girls.  You made your bed and now you need to lie in it. 

Missy Hyatt:  Please Tom.  Please Tom.  I need someone who will protect me.  I need someone who will treat me right.  I need… you!

The two go back and forth and little by little Tom Prichard starts to give in.  We all must admit that Missy can be very convincing.  In the end, it seems like Missy has convinced Tom to not only help here now but to be her future Knight in shining armor.  Missy and Tom begin a long embrace…

WHAM… from behind, Eddie Gilbert clobbers Tom Prichard in the back with a chair.

Missy Hyatt is jumping up and down laughing the biggest laugh you have seen in a long time. 

Eddie Gilbert picks up Prichard and throughs him through the big Mid-South cut-out that is behind Gordon Solie.  Both Gilbert and Missy Hyatt are kicking away at Prichard.  An official rushes out to try and stop it but he is rammed head first into the ring post.  Eddie returns with some type of electrically cord and ties it around Gilberts neck and then drags him all across the set with Missy kicking him the entire time.  Eventually Gilbert drags Prichard all the way to the ring and starts to hang him over the top rope.

Gordon Solie:  WE HAVE TO GET SOME HELP DOWN HERE!  WE HAVE TO GET SOME HELP!  Tom appears that he may have ruptured something in his throat.  WE HAVE TO GET SOME HELP!  Prichard is in uh, he is in a world of trouble.  Oh thank goodness.  Here comes JYD and Wahoo McDaniel.  They have hit the ring and finally, Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt have running out of here.  Those two are the Devil reincarnated.

Everyone watches on in horror as Tom is released from his noose as he crumbles to the crowd as he is foaming at the mouth.  Eventually, we seem him stretchered out of the arena.  The camera spans the audience and we see woman and children both hysterically crying. 

Gordon Solie:  We have to take a break.  I’m just sick over what I saw.

*** idea stolen from CCW 1988 ***

Gordon Solie:  Folks, I’m going to do my best to continue the show but after what I just saw, I am just sick to my stomach.  Let’s just get to the ring. 

MATCH:

The Freebirds make quick work of the Mulkey Brothers with the end coming from the Oriental Spike by Gordy on Randy.

Post-match interview:

Michael Hayes:  It’s amazing brother how fast things can change in this world!  For the past few weeks, The Freebirds have been the hunted baby!  From Colonel Robley and his lost band of thieves to Ron Wright and his group of uglies to Jonathan Boyd and his band of toothless Neanderthals… Everyone wants a piece of the Freebirds and don’t worry, we will take care of each you in due time but now… NOW we bringing BAD STREET ON THE ROAD.   EDDIE GILBERT…. WE ARE COMING FOR YOU.  Once a Freebird, always a Freebird.  What you did to our brother Tom will be revenged… revenged the Freebird way!

Both Buddy Roberts and Terry Gordy seem to angry to speak and the trio walks off…

Gordon Solie:  I have known Michael Hayes a long, long time and I admit that I don’t always agree with him, but he just said a mouthful.  Revenge is not always my cup of tea but right now I’m looking for a whole pot of it!  Let’s get to the ring for our Main Event

MAIN EVENT MATCH

“The Russian Nightmare” with Ivan Koloff defeats Canadian Strongman Bill Kazmaier with the Russian Sickle.

Kazmaier did his best here but seemed just a little off as Solie thought he might be still feeling the ill-effects of the attack by the Barbarian.  That being said, this was Nikita at his best!  He took all the power moves from Kazmaier and kept responding with big move after big move.  In the end, the Sickle took the big man down!  Solie kept reminding everyone that the title match this week between Dr. Death and Nikita was going to be a heck of a match.  He also reminded everyone that Dr. Death has never defeated Nikita Koloff.    

The incident with Gilbert and Prichard left the show with little time but it ended with Nikita screaming Steve Williams’s name while he gave the throat-slashing sign.

Gordon Solie:  Folks, this was one of the most difficult hours I have ever spent on a wrestling show.  Please join me in sending prayers to Tom Prichard.  Trust me when I saw that he is going to need them.  That being said, the show must go on.  Make sure to join us in Baton Rouge on Monday night as we will crown a new Louisiana Heavyweight Champion along with seeing title defenses from Dr. Death and the Freebirds.  So long from the Pelican State. 

MONDAY NIGHT IN THE RIVERSIDE CENTROPLEX

Brian Adams vs Killer Brooks

Rick Steiner with Missy Hyatt vs Porkchop Cash

MID-SOUTH TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

The Freebirds © vs The Christian Wrestler’s Association

GAUNTLET MATCH FOR THE LOUISIANA HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

Blackjack Mulligan vs Ivan Koloff vs Eddie Gilbert vs Wahoo McDaniel  vs

Nord “The Barbarian” vs JYD vs Tom Prichard vs Tully Blanchard

MID-SOUTH TITLE MATCH

“Dr. Death” Steve Williams © vs “The Russian Nightmare” Nikita Koloff 

I love how Ladd basically gushes over the Cartel, basically sounding like one of us. Glad he hired them. Wahoo, Prichard, Gilbert & Nord fill out a loaded gauntlet. Plus Nikita gets his rematch & the CWA get a crack at the tag titles. Baton Rouge is gonna be the place to be next Monday. Finally, will Bill Watts accept the challenge to show up in New Orleans?

Blanchard continues to be Solie's most frustrating interview.

OK so I had already seen the footage of Dirty White Boy doing this in 88 so I knew what was coming & you pulled it off perfectly.

I think that Eddie may have overlooked the fact that Prichard has a few friends of his own.

After this episode, hype for the show in Baton Rouge is through the roof!

Ladd's the best! I love how he's so into what's going on. The Gauntlet match is set and the stakes are high. 

Tully and Dark Journey keep Gordon guessing. 

Steiner beats Furnas in a battle of powerhouses. 

Missy's the center of the show tonight and what a story it was. After finally convincing Tom to help her, we find out it was all a ruse! Gilbert goes nuts and hangs Tom. Big time heat! What a great angle! 

As if the Freebirds didn't have enough on their plate, Hayes vows to get revenge on Gilbert. 

Nikita looks dominant as he heads into a showdown with Williams. 

Big card coming to the Centroplex. I have a feeling a lot is going to go down. 

The Tom Prichard/DWB/Kimberly angle is very memorable for me from when I was a kid.....such a heavy angle and as a 9 year, I honestly thought I was watching Tom Prichard being killed on my TV....that being said, Eddie Gilbert and Missy are the perfect duo to recreate this angle (which Eddie booked originally) and Mid South is the perfect place for it to happen. This has been a fun angle with Eddie/Prichard/Missy up til now but this angle changes everything! Looking forward to seeing it play out!

k3C3tyN.png?1

Mid-South Revolution Wrestling

Riverside Centroplex

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Monday September 26, 1987

Brian Adams defeats Killer Brooks with a SuperKick

Rick Steiner with Missy Hyatt defeats Pork Chop Cash with the German Suplex

Mid-South Revolution Tag Team Title Match

The Freebirds (Terry Gordy & Buddy Roberts) with Michael Hayes defeated The Christian Wrestlers Association (Ray “The Crippler” Stevens & The New Spoiler) with Ron Wright as the ref grabbed the arm of The Crippler as he was about to take a swing as Terry Gordy with Wright’s chisel.  This distraction was all Gordy needed as he caught Stevens with a knee to the gut and followed it up with a piledriver.  The New Spoiler was about to make the save but Michael Hayes had a hold of his leg while he was still on the apron. 

Ernie Ladd comes out and announces that due to the injuries suffered at the hands of Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt on Saturday’s TV show, Tom Prichard will not be able to participate in tonight’s Gauntlet Match for the Louisiana Title. 

Ladd then asks Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt to come to the ring.  As the duo struts to the ring with a huge smile on their face, the crowd is nearly ready to riot.  You can see the debris flying past Hot Stuff Inc.

Ernie Ladd:  Eddie, you know that I believe that all disputes should be settled in the ring.  I am not the type of President to suspend wrestlers for what they do inside of the ring or inside the arena.

Eddie Gilbert:  And I would like to thank you for that.  You completely understand what it is to be a professional wrestler and that sometimes things need just need to be done.  I had enough of Tom Prichard thinking he could make eyes with my woman.

The crowd is now white hot as Ladd seems to be taking Gilbert’s side.

Ernie Ladd:  But there is one thing I cannot allow in Mid-South Wrestling and that is for you to put your hands on referees.  When you tossed Pee Wee Anderson head-first into the ring post, you gave him a concussion and he needed over 20 stiches to close the gash on his head.

Eddie Gilbert:  I understand and I do apologize for that.  I was just so angry.  I lost sight of who my enemy was and I was attacking whoever or whatever was around me.

Ernie Ladd:  Again, I understand

The crowd is about to attack!!

Ernie Ladd:  Hold on now folks.  I was about to say that I am not a man who wants to hear excuses. Eddie Gilbert you are no longer a part of the Gauntlet Match tonight!

The crowd is shocked but ecstatic!  They are screaming with approval.

Eddie Gilbert:  Now hold on just a minute.  I need to wrestle tonight.

Ernie Ladd:  I just said you Are Not in The Gauntlet Match Tonight.  I never said you weren’t wrestling tonight.

Eddie Gilbert:  I’m not sure I follow.

Ernie Ladd:  Eddie, you are wrestling and your match is starting right now!  As I said, I believe things in wrestling need to be settled in the ring and you angered a lot of people of Saturday.  Here comes your opponent!

Michael Hayes is running down the entrance!  Gilbert has a look of shock!!

GRUDGE MATCH

Michael Hayes vs Eddie Gilbert with Missy Hyatt

Michael Hayes flies through the ropes and is all over Eddie Gilbert.  Missy Hyatt takes off in fear and runs straight back to the locker room.  We will never know if Missy was afraid that Michael Hayes would attack her or if she is just afraid that he would kiss her again.  Michael Hayes is stomping a mud hole in Eddie Gilbert and the fans are loving it.  Rick Steiner and Doug Gilbert are rushing to the ring to save their stablemate, but Terry Gordy and Buddy Roberts are right behind them.  What we get is Freebird Domination!  It seems like Eddie didn’t look and the possible consequences of what might happen after he attacked Tom Prichard but he, Rick Steiner and his brother were lucky to get out of this one alive.  While it was a declared a No Contest, it seems Michael Hayes and the Freebirds have begun collecting their revenge on Hot Stuff Inc.

SEMI-MAIN EVENT:  GAUNTLET MATCH FOR THE LOUISIANA HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

Wahoo McDaniel defeats Nord “The Barbarian” by count-out when Colonel Buck Robely accidently hit his own man with a loaded forearm and Nord fell through the ropes and banged his head on the steel barrier.

Wahoo McDaniel outlasted “The Russian Bear” Ivan Koloff is a true No Holds Brawl.  Problem for Wahoo is that Ivan clobbered him with the Russian Chain after the match as Wahoo was awaiting his next opponent.

Tully Blanchard defeated Wahoo McDaniel with a slingshot suplex.  Tully almost took a bloody Wahoo too lightly as he thought after Ivan hit him with the chain, he had an easy win.  Wahoo got him in a roll-up but Dark Journey pulled Tully’s leg over the bottom rope.

Tully was declared the winner over Blackjack Mulligan when Mulligan never made it to the ring.  Later we find out that Mulligan was once again attacked by Jose Estrada and the Cartel.

Tully Blanchard defeated Junkyard Dog after Dark Journy sprayed perfume in the eyes of JYD and he staggered backwards into a Slingshot Suplex. 

Tully Blanchard wins the Gauntlet Match and the Louisiana Heavyweight title. 

MAIN EVENT:  MID-SOUTH REVOLUTION TITLE MATCH

Steve “Dr. Death” Williams vs “The Russian Nightmare” Nikita Koloff

Nikita Koloff defeated Dr. Death by DQ as Wahoo rushed to the ring to stop a double team by Ivan and Nikitia on Dr. Death as the ref was knocked down.  Wahoo clobbered Ivan Koloff with the leather strap preventing Ivan from hitting Dr. Death with the Russian Chain.  Wahoo then picked up the chain and hit Nikita across the back with it.  Problem was that the ref saw this.  No big deal as Dr. Death retains the title and the fans left happy as Dr. Death and Wahoo celebrated in the ring while the Russians were left bruised and battered on the arena floor. 

The American Ninja k.o's the Killer.

Steiner with another impressive victory.

The Freebirds successfully fend off the Christians.

Ladd with the bait-and-switch pulls Gilbert out of the gauntlet & into a match with Hayes! The Freebirds/Hot Stuff Inc war has begun.

Wahoo has a good run in the gauntlet but Ivan's chain cuts it short making way for Tully to come in & win the prize.

Wahoo pays Ivan back by keeping the Mid-South title out of Nikita's hands.

Adams rides his Pacific wave into Mid South.

Steiner keeps racking up wins. 

Finally! The Ref catches Wright's chisel and Gordy takes advantage to give the Birds the win. 

What a great segment between Ladd and Gilbert. Ladd gives the fans what they want and so does Michael Hayes. Freebirds vs. Hot Stuff Inc is money! 

The gauntlet match is full of intrigue, blood and suspense. In the end, Tully is crowned Louisiana Champ. Great call! 

Dr. Death and The Russian Nightmare is a heavy hitting dream match. Wahoo saves the day and looks like we're going to get another chapter. 

Ladd has Mid South rock'n! 

Tpvk7tn.png

The Backstory:

IvqlnLB.png?2      Super Studcast #11 – Cowboy Bill Watts | Tennessee Stud LLC

Ernie Ladd and Bill Watts have been at war for the better part of 3 years.  Ernie Ladd blames Bill Watts for his protégé, Hacksaw Butch Reed, turning on him and forcing Ladd into retirement after he lost a match to Reed where the stipulation was he must retire if Reed won.  Ernie Ladd, not ready to fully step away from wrestling, quickly got his managerial license.  Ladd and Watts continued their verbal war on Ted Turner’s Superstation each and every week.  Ladd held nothing back as he was always ready to insult Watts along with constantly questioning his ethics.  When Ladd’s tag team, Bad News Allen and Bad Bad LeRoy Brown, lost a loser-leave town match against Dick Murdoch and Rocky Johnson after Murdoch used some of the most questionable tactics you could use, Ladd had enough.  Even though both he and Watts were retired from wrestling, Ladd challenged Watts to a match at Last Stand 86.  When Watts agreed, the war was on! 

Problem for Watts was that he had made more enemies that just Ladd.  Watts had recently suspended fan favorite Bruiser Brody for his feud with Black Bart.  Well, Brody came into the ring and clobbered Watts during his match with Ladd.  Later in January, Bill Watts had the police at the TV taping of UWF Wrestling and threatened to have Ladd and Brody arrested for trespassing.  Watts claimed that Brody no longer had a contract to wrestle in the UWF.  Ladd tried to explain that Brody has signed with him and Ladd is a licensed UWF manager and that was all that was needed.  As the police closed in, Ladd and Brody put their heads between their legs and left; hoping to fight another day. 

That was the last we saw of Ladd in UWF Wrestling but weekly commercials began airing on TV discussing a Wrestling Super Event that was taking place on July 4th in Mobile titled Gauntlet for the Gold.  Nobody new much about this and we knew it was not Watts promoting this as he was running his own big show on the same night in Biloxi.  When July 4th came, light was shed on the situation.

It was Ernie Ladd who was the man starting this new promotion, Mid-South Wrestling Revolution.  Ladd actually showed up in Mobile with a bunch of coach buses.  The buses pulled right up to the ticket lines for Watts event and promised everyone on line free tickets to his event along with a bus ride to and from the event!  Watts came out and a full-fledged riot began in the parking lot.

For the rest of the summer, the two promotions have had a war of words but only from a distance; Watts from his weekly UWF TV show on the Superstation and Ladd from his weekly Mid-South TV show also on the Superstation.  Ladd has set his eyes on gaining control of Louisiana and has brought back the Louisiana Heavyweight Title.  This week, Watts, in a meeting with his Board of Directors, agreed that his UWF promotion would crumble if he lost Louisiana.  UWF has now agreed to focus their show on the Pelican State along with the city of Houston.

While there have been territorial wars forever in professional wrestling, they have rarely been as visible to the public.  Ted Turner realizes the Battle for the Bayou means ratings and he is loving every minute of this!

Besides the war between Watts and Ladd, there are many other major angles in both promotions that I would like to catch everyone up on as I move forward. 

k3C3tyN.png?1

1DQ18V3.png?1 

igxJBnh.png?1   Kzqoql8.png

ShSo9nu.png?4

The Russians (Ivan & Nikita Koloff & Vladimir Petrov) vs Dr, Death Willians, JYD & Wahoo McDaniel

This feud is everything 1980’s wrestling is all about.  Americans vs Russians.  Good vs Evil. Chian Matches, Steel Cage Matches, Dog Collar Matches and even the Mid-South title!  Recently Dr. Death won the title from Jumbo Tsuruta but Nikita is clearly the #1 contender.  Add in Ivan and Vlad, Dr. Death definitely needs some friends to watch his back!  Luckily, you couldn’t find better friends than JYD and Wahoo! 

Michael Hays & The Freebirds vs The World!

dvbBKgr.png

The Freebirds recently won a 16 tag team tournament to become the first ever Mid-South tag team champs since the territory’s rebirth.  Along the way, Michael Hayes “out-cheated” all of the top heel tag teams in Mid-South.  He used the chisel against Ron Wright’s Christian Wrestling Association.  He found a way for Colonel Robley to use his loaded forearm brace against his own monsters, and he even out-smarted Missy Hyatt and Hot Stuff Inc. to become the champions.  All three of these teams want revenge on Hayes and to take the title from the Freebirds.

Ron Wright and Colonel Robley may have to wait their turn as the Freebirds have recently turned their attention on Hot Stuff Inc after the heinous treachery of Missy Hyatt and Eddie Gilbert as they nearly took the life of former Freebird Tom Prichard by hanging him from the top rope!  Gilbert said he was mad at Prichard for “making eyes” at his woman but most people think Gilbert knew that attacking Prichard was the best way to jump the line and get a tag team title shot for Rick Steiner and himself. 

The Cartel

7ozVez1.png

Recently, “El Jefe” (Jose Estrada) has arrived in Mid-South with his Cartel (Taz, TNT & Koonan).  For reasons yet to be explained, they have set their sights on injuring Blackjack Mulligan. 

CGWVM9Z.png?1

Both times they have attacked Mulligan, it has been before a match with Tully Blanchard.  When asked why they attacked Mulligan, El Jefe said they will attack anyone if the price is right.  El Jefe did give a hint as to who was paying them to attack Mulligan when they said they were being paid by “El Gringo Grande.”  Gordon Solie has speculated that El Gringo Grande may be Tully Blanchard as he is the one who benefited from Mulligan not being able to wrestle and that Dark Journey, his valet, was recently seen giving Woman a briefcase after her man, The Barbarian attacked Canadian Strongman Bill Kazmaier just before his match with Tully Blanchard.

The Louisiana Heavyweight Title

ahkdaAn.png?1

This title was recently brought back by Ernie Ladd as he said it was time to bring back Mid-South Wrestling to its heyday when Louisiana and the Louisiana Title was at the center of professional wrestling.  The previously mentioned Tully Blanchard recently won this title with a little help from Dark Journey and The Cartel in a Gauntlet Match.  Top contenders for this title include JYD, Wahoo McDaniel, Blackjack Mulligan and Terry Gordy.

The Worst Wrestling Shows Ever: Halloween Havoc '98 - Sports Illustrated

Ernie Ladd has announced that the first ever Mid-South pay per view will take place on October 31st in New Orleans in the Louisiana Superdome!

SFSAsm4.png?2

The Million Dollar Corporation

qDfpGTt.png?1

Ted Dibiase and Sheik Adnan Al Kassie are convinced that money can fix all problems.  Over the last two months the duo has brought in numerous people to try and make sure Dibiase’s stable is the best in all of wrestling.  First, Dibiase hired his old Rat Pack member Matt Borne.  When Borne was not quite up to snuff, Dibiase brought in Mike Rotundo and the duo did a number on Borne and sent his broken body packing.  Next, Dibiase said that he had the best tag team that money could buy in Fidel Sierra and Ricky Santana.  Turns out, this was money poorly spent as Dibiase has tired of them and is now in search of an even better team than money can buy.  

Now as Dibiase and Rotundo are all alone in the Million Dollar Corporation, it seems the babyfaces are circling.  Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Hercules Hernandez and Scott Steiner are after Dibiase as they know he is the most dangerous man in wrestling and would like nothing more than to send him and his money packing.  If that was not enough for Dibiase to find help, he recently won a match and when he was given his bags on money, one of those bags sent him scattering as it was filled with SNAKES!!!

Lex Luger: The Universal Federation Champion

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Hzp7VVhNQgY/VbJE67acF6I/AAAAAAAAPcY/C7I_iQso8cE/s1600/Lex%2BLuger.jpg

Luger has had an interesting year!  While spending most of the year as a fan favorite, he did spend some time as a heel as he bought into promises made by Woman and joined her stable for a while.  Who could blame him? 

iOYVfVQ.png?1

I mean who could ever say no to her about anything.  And let’s not forget, Woman did lead him to the title.  When Woman abruptly left the UWF, Luger turned on her stable and once again became a fan favorite.  So, who are the top contenders for his title; Ted Dibiase and Vader seem to be the top two at the moment.

Dick Murdoch vs Big Van Vader

Ifuh7pz.png?1

Dick Murdoch seems to be hard to figure out lately.  He was pivotal in protecting Watts from Ernie Ladd and Bruiser Brody this past spring but for some reason he turned against the fans and joined Downtown Bruno and Vader in their feud against Lex Luger.  In a big match between Vader and Murdoch vs Luger and Muta, Vader seemed to bail on Murdoch.  Murdoch was fuming and wanted a piece of Vader and Downtown Bruno.  It is rumored that Bruno has left the UWF as he is afraid of Murdoch.  Vader on the other hand is staying and is ready to fight.  Talk about a feud of some tough hosses!

Just To Sort Out The Roster

Top Babyfaces:                                                                             Top Heels

Lex Luger                                                                                        Ted Dibiase

Hacksaw Jim Duggan                                                                   Big Van Vader

Hercules Hernandez                                                                    Mike Rotundo

Dick Murdoch                   

Scott Steiner

Terry Taylor

Muta

*** Roster seems a little babyface heavy.  Be ready for the chaos!!

Mid-South Revolution Wrestling

The Cajun Dome

Lafayette, Louisiana

Monday October 2, 1987

Action Jackson wrestled Mean Mike Miller to a 10-minute draw.  Action Jackson, a near 275-pound black man, handled himself quite well for a newcomer and showed some really great athleticism for a man his size as he connected with a big dropkick just as the match ended.

Nord “The Barbarian” & Mighty Goliath defeated Pork Chop Cash & JT Southern with a double giant splash on Southern. 

TEXAS TORNADO TAG TEAM MATCH

Ivan Koloff & Vlad Petrov defeated Wahoo McDaniel & JYD when the ref became distracted and Ivan hit Wahoo with the Russian Chain.

LOUISIANA TITLE MATCH

Tully Blanchard © with Dark Journey defeated Blackjack Mulligan with a top rope knee drop.  The problems for Mulligan seemed to start way before the match even began as he staggered to the ring with blood dripping down his face.  Tully and Dark Journey were all smiles as the big man came to the ring and tripped on his way in.

6 MAN TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH

The Freebirds defeated Hot Stuff Inc with Missy Hyatt (Eddie & Doug Gilbert + Rick Steiner) when Gordy hit the piledriver on Doug Gilbert.  Eddie, after his brutal attack on Tom Prichard two weeks ago,  seemed to know he was the target of the Freebirds and he wanted no part of this match.  Outside of a few occasions when Rick Steiner gained the momentum with a huge power move on one of the Birds, Eddie Gilbert rarely even tagged into this match and left his own brother to take a pretty big beating.  

LUMBERJACK MATCH FOR THE MID-SOUTH REVOLUTION TITLE: 

Dr. Death © vs Nikita Koloff

Half the fun of a lumberjack match is watching all the babyfaces and heels on the outside go at it and this was no different here.  In terms of Williams vs Nikita, this bout was a war that could have gone either way.  Problem for Nikita was that he took the full blunt of the Russian Chain as Vladimir Petrov swung at Dr. Death on the outside of the ring but Wahoo came over just in time and knocked Dr. Death out of harms way just as the blow cracked into Nikita’s skull.  Nikita was rolled back into the ring were Williams put an exclamation point on the match and hit the Oklahoma Stampede for the victory.

The recap gets us all caught up and reminds us of the hated history between Watts and Ladd. This has been one of my favorite stories in the game. I can't wait to see the blow off. Halloween Havoc is going to be a game changer.

Cajun Dome,

Action Jackson impresses as he takes Mean Mike to the limit.

Nord and Goliath look unstoppable. 

Uncle Ivan finally gets one over on Wahoo.

Tully retains but it looked like Mulligan already got into it beforehand. 

Poor Doug. Not only did he take a Freebird beating but his own brother didn't even help him. 

Williams and Nikita tear it down along with the Lumberjacks. I don't think Nikita will be happy with Vlad. 

October is going to be a money making month for both Ladd and Watts. The heat is on! 

I appreciate the recap, I now feel up to speed on the whole Ladd/Watts saga.

Nord/Goliath make a monster of a team!

Damn poor Mulligan can never catch a break! 

Just in case anyone didn't think Eddie Gilbert was total scumbag after what he did to Prichard he leaves his own brother out to dry.

Doc retains!!

Good stuff!

k3C3tyN.png?1

October 7, 1987

Episode #15

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very, very much indeed to another week of Mid-South Revolution Wrestling.  I’m Gordon Solie, and it is my pleasure to be coming to you tonight from the Irish McNeil’s Boy’s Club in Shreveport, Louisiana.  What a show we had this past Monday in Lafeyette as it seems that Blackjack Mulligan’s problem with the Cartel continues.  Blackjack Mulligan was attacked by the Cartel in the locker room prior to his match for the Louisiana Heavyweight Title with Tully Blanchard.  Let’s bring out Jose Estrada and the Cartel now to see if we can get some answers to the attack. 

Jose Estrada leads Taz, TNT and Koonan to the podium and the group is full of some serous faces. 

Gordon Solie:  Mr. Estrada, I must once again ask why you seem to be so focused on attacking Blackjack Mulligan.  This must be the fourth or fifth time.

Jose Estrada:  Again, I am El Jefe, the leader of da Cartel!  And no, we don’t have a problem with Blackjack Mulligan.  He has a problem with us.  We have been paid mucho dinero by El Gringo Grande to put him out of wrestling.

Gordon Solie:  We have heard this all before, but who is this El Gringo Grande?

Jose Estrada:  Orale, Orale Esse, I will give you one last hint.  He used to be NWA World Champion! 

Suddenly, Ernie Ladd comes out to the podium.

Ernie Ladd:  Ok, El Jefe, I must admit that so far, I am a fan of your work.  I mean, you have definitely made Mid-South Revolution Wrestling very excited as we do not know what is going to happen next.

The crowd begins to boo…

Jose Estrada:  Gracias Senior Ladd.  Glad Da Cartel can be of service.

Ernie Ladd:  Well that is exactly what I am here to talk about.  Service… You see… I’m paying Blackjack Mulligan very well to wrestle against some of the biggest names in Mid-South and you and your ….. amigos… seem to have stopped that from happening.  I understand you are all about the “dinero” as you say, but so am I.

Jose Estrada:  Not sure I follow?

Ernie Ladd:  Oh you will follow… you will follow me right to the ring this Monday night right here at the Municipal Auditorium in Shreveport and you will face Blackjack Mulligan, one on one inside of the ring where the paying customers can actually see you fight!

The crowd stops booing and begins to cheer as they are ready for Mulligan to get his revenge.  Usually, when heels are given such info, they begin to complain and protest but El Jefe actually thanks Ladd for making it easier for him to collect his dinero.

The Cartel head off backstage as Ladd, who seems satisfied with his decision turns the show back over to Gordon Solie.

Gordon Solie:  Wow, I think both El Jefe and Blackjack Mulligan are looking forward to this Monday.  As for tonight’s show, we have a lot of great action instore for you tonight. Brian Adams will be taking on Killer Brooks.  Colonel Buckley’s massive monsters, Nord “The Barbarian & The Mighty Goliath will be taking on Action Jackson & The Italian Stallion.  The Russian Nightmare Nikita Koloff has his hands full tonight as he faces Baron VonRaschke.  Tully Blanchard defends his Louisiana Heavyweight Title against Scott Mcghee and in the main event, Rick Steiner takes on Terry Gordy!  That and much, much more.  This is going to be a really exciting hour so let’s get to the ring. 

MATCH 

The 6’6, 300-pound Brian Adams defeats Killer Brooks with a Spin Kick to the jaw

Adams seems to be getting over with the fans, but the cheers quickly turn to boos as Missy Hyatt and Eddie Gilbert come to the ring.  Adams quickly gets into a fighting stance, but Gilbert puts his hands up to show he comes in peace.  Gilbert and Missy Hyatt close in on Adams and start to talk to Adams.  Without a mic, Gordon Solie and the crowd have no idea what is going on.  Adams doesn’t seem happy at first, but the negative facial expressions slowly change to one of uncertainty.  Eventually, Gilbert and Missy Hyatt leave Adams alone in the ring as Adams is left pondering.

Gordon Solie:  All I can say is that I have learned not to trust Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt.  I hope Brian Adams knows that too.  We’ll be right back.    

COMMERCIAL BREAK-PROMOS FOR MONDAY @ SHREVEPORT MUNICAL AUDITORIUM

MATCH

Nord “The Barbarian & The Mighty Goliath with Colonel Buck Robley defeat Action Jackson & Italian Stallion when Nord face-planted Italian Stallion with an Inverted Suplex.  The babyfaces showed they were full of fight, but the size and power of Robley’s Army was just too much.

After the match, Robley warned Ernie Ladd and the rest of Mid-South Wrestling, that the longer they make his wait for a title match against the Freebirds, the more bodies that will pile up.  Gordon Solie tries to explain to Robley that Ernie Ladd is not the type if man who likes ultimatums and lets Robley know that his team will have a tough test this Monday night as they will face the Spoiler and Baron VonRaschke.  Robley laughs at the idea that these two over-the-hill wrestlers could give his Massive Monsters any challenge at all. 

When we come back from break, Gordon Solie gives us an update on Tom Prichard who was nearly killed two weeks ago by Eddie Gilbert when he tried to hang Gilbert over the top rope.  Gordon let’s us know that Tom seems to be doing slightly better and has been taken out of ICU but he has a long road to recovery. 

MATCH:

The Russian Nightmare Nikita Koloff with Ivan Koloff defeats Baron VonRaschke with the Russian Sickle.  Gordon Solie isn’t wrong often but he was wrong with this one.  Baron had a few minutes on top in this match, but the Russian Nightmare was pretty dominate.  Solie admitted that he would not be shocked to see the Mid-South title around the waist of Nikita before very long.

The problems for Baron didn’t end with the Russian Sickle as Col. Buck Robley lead his army back out to the ring where Nord hit him with an Inverted Suplex and then the 450-pound Goliath came crashing down on Baron with a Giant Splash from the middle rope.  The Spoiler rushed out to help his teammate but without any help from Baron, the Spoiler was soon left laying right next to Baron with similar damage done.

Gordon Solie called from help from the back as he rushed us into another commercial break.  Just before the screen faded to black, we could hear Robley laughing about how his team was supposed to be scared of The Spoiler and Baron. 

As we come out of break, Ivan and Nikita Koloff are with Gordon Solie

Ivan Koloff:  When is enough, enough.  Again, Nikita, the unstoppable force, had Dr. Death begging for mercy in da center of da ring.  He was about to win the Mid-South Title when Wahoo McDaniel came to da ring and cost us the title.

Gordon Solie:  Mr. Koloff, I think you have selective memory.

Ivan Koloff:  Solie, don’t try to change the subject with your fancy words.

Gordon Solie:  I’m not trying to change the subject sir but merely pointing out that it was Vladimir Petrov who had that big chain and took a swing a Dr. Death.  You also seem to forget that you, yourself, Mr. Koloff hit Wahoo McDaniel with that chain to get win in your match on the same night.

Ivan Koloff:  Again, you still refuse to talk about why Wahoo McDaniel was at the ring during Nikita’s title match.  Typical American propaganda!

The Russians storm off still not seeing Solie’s point.

Gordon Solie:  Sometimes people can’t see the trees through the forest.  Let’s get back to the ring. 

LOUISIANA TITLE MATCH

Tully Blanchard with Dark Journey defeats Scott McGhee with the slingshot suplex after a little help from Dark Journey.

Post-Match Interview

Gordon Solie:  Mr. Blanchard, not sure you need those tactics to win a match but that is a story for a different day.  I’m sure you heard Jose Estrada

Dark Journey:  You mean El Jefe?

Gordon Solie:  Okay, El Jefe.  I’m sure you heard him say that he is being paid by a former NWA Champion.  You, Tully, are the only former NWA champion employed by Mid-South Wrestling.  Are you still going to deny that you are El Gringo Grande?

Tully Blanchard:  Thank you for congratulating me on another successful defense of the Louisiana Heavyweight title.  A title, I may add, that I successfully defended against Blackjack Mulligan this week in the CajunDome.

Gordon Solie:  A defense that was made a little easy after Mulligan was again attacked by El Jefe and the Cartel.

Tully Blanchard:  I believe that this interview is over.  Let’s go.

Gordon Solie:  Mr. Blanchard looks a little like the cat who ate the mouse.

Gordon Solie:  Mr. Gilbert, I must ask why you, for the most part, stayed out of the 6-Man tag match with the Freebirds this past Monday and made Mr. Steiner and your younger brother, Doug, basically fight the Freebirds in a handicap match. 

Eddie Gilbert:  As I said when Missy and I first came to Mid-South, we said our #1 priority was training young wrestlers so they can be all they can be.  What better experience can Rick and Doug get then in a match than against the Freebirds.

Gordon Solie:  Uh huh.  And what were you doing early in the show when you came to the ring to talk to Brian Adams.

Missy Hyatt:  Some things in Hyatt International & Hot Stuff Inc. are better kept to ourselves.  I believe it is time for Rick here to show Terry Gordy just how good our training techniques are. 

MAIN EVENT MATCH:

Rick Steiner with Missy Hyatt & Eddie Gilbert vs Terry Gordy with Michael Hayes

As you could expect, this match is full of big power moves and momentum changes.  As time is winding down, Gordy catches Steiner with a big should block and signals he is going for the piledriver. 

Missy jumps up on the apron and distracts the ref.  Eddie Gilbert from behind takes the legs out from Terry Gordy. Michael Hayes hit the ring.  Here comes Doug Gilbert and Buddy Roberts…

Gordon Solie:  Eddie Gilbert has hit the ring and goes right for the knee of Terry Gordy.  Gordy is down.  Michael Hayes is in the ring.  Gilbert and Hayes are trading blows in the center of the ring.  Haymaker after haymaker.  Here comes Doug Gilbert.  Right behind him is Buddy Roberts.  BRO-ther, we have a Pier 6 brawl in the ring.  The Freebirds vs Hott Stuff Inc.  Neither side will give an inch…. Now wait just a minute…. Here comes Brian Adams.  What is he doing here…  Oh my… Adams has just connected with a Spin Kick to the temple of Terry Gordy and he is down.  It is 4 against 3 and lets not forget Missy Hyatt who is clawing at the eyes of Michael Hayes…  Folks we are out of time.  Make sure to join us right here in Shreveport this Monday night for another great show.  So long from the Pelican State. 

MONDAY NIGHT AT THE SHREVEPORT MUNCIPAL AUDITORIUM

Action Jackson vs The New Spoiler

Scott McGhee vs Moondog Rex

Col. Buck Robley’s Army (Nord “The Barbarian & Mighty Goliath) vs The Spoiler & Baron VonRashke

Blackjack Mulligan vs Jose Estrada

6 MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

The Freebirds vs Hot Stuff Inc.  (Eddie Gilbert, Brian Adams & Rick Steiner)

LOUSIANA TITLE MATCH

Tully Blanchard vs Junkyard Dog

STEEL CAGE MATCH

Wahoo McDaniel & Dr. Death vs The Koloffs