Pro Wrestling Only

Mid-South Wrestling Revolution

kevinmcfl

Tpvk7tn.png

BATTLE OF THE BAYOU

MID-SOUTH VS UWF 

Jake “The Snake Roberts” with Paul Ellering defeats Mike Rotundo with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie as he caught Rotundo with a DDT in a moment of chaos as Paul Ellering was chasing The Sheik in and out of the ring for trying to trip Roberts.  After the match, the Sheik, still running from Ellering walked right into a DDT of his own.

6 MAN TAG TEAM TORNADO ELIMINATION MATCH

Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy & Tom Prichard defeated Eddie Gilbert, Rick Steiner & Brian Adams with Missy Hyatt in a crazy bout.  Brian Adams was the first man eliminated as he was caught with a running bulldog by Michael Hayes.  It took Adams a few minutes to recovery enough to get out of the ring and everyone had turned their attention back to the fight.  Hayes and Gordy were double teaming Rick Steiner when Adams caught Hayes with a superkick on the way out of the ring.  Terry Gordy lost focus and went right after Adams.  Rick Steiner took this as an opportunity to catch Michael Hayes with a German Suplex causing the elimination of Hayes.  Missy Hyatt saw this as her opportunity to get involved.  She opened her purse, pulled out the perfume and sprayed Terry Gordy right in the eyes as he rounded the ring corner in pursuit of Adams.  Adams and Hyatt then rolled Gordy back in the ring where he was also caught with the German Suplex for the pin.  We were then left with Eddie Gilbert and Rick Steiner vs Dr. Tom Prichard.  Steiner and Gilbert were celebrating when Tom Prichard rushed the duo.  Eddie Gilbert pulled Steiner in front of him and Prichard hit Rick with a running knee to the back.  Steiner fell face first into the ring post and down he went.  Gilbert saw Prichard turn towards him and he exited the ring.  Prichard hoisted Steiner up and caught him with the powerbomb.  That left us with Prichard vs Gilbert and back and forth we went.  Finally, Missy Hyatt tried the same gimmick she did earlier.  As she goes to spray Prichard in the eyes, Prichard escapes and she accidently sprayed Eddie instead.  Missy was in shock as Prichard grabs her.  Prichard lays a giant wet kiss on her and then releases her.  Missy stumbles to the floor as Prichard simply comes up from behind Gilbert and hits him with a powerbomb for the win!

TV TITLE MATCH

Hacksaw Jim Duggan © defeats Tully Blanchard with a football tackle after the ref grabbed Tully’s hand as he was about to clobber Hacksaw with an illegal object. 

LOUISIANA TITLE MATCH

Junkyard Dog © vs Vader with Woman

JYD survived this brawl after it looked like Vader had the win after a huge lariat but JYD kicked out at the last second.  JYD started getting the momentum back and no matter what Vader did, it looked like mosquitos biting JYD.  In an amazing ending, JYD summoned the power to connect with the Big Thump. 

NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH

Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie defeated Ron Garvin with a punch with the loaded black glove.  Both wrestlers had hyped up this match by pointing out how lethal their punches were.  During the match, it seemed like Garvin had won this debate after catching the champ with a big “Hands of Stone” right hand but Sheik pulled Dibiase to safety.  This is when Dibiase was able to load up the black glove and when Garvin came to meet him on the apron, Garvin was hit by the punch that turned off his lights.

UNIFICATION MATCH

UWF TAG CHAMPS VS MID-SOUTH TAG CHAMPS

Scott Steiner & Hercules Hernandez defeated Mighty Goliath & Nord “The Barbarian” with Colonel Buck Robley in a match that saw the 4 big men go back and forth.  The problem for Robley’s team was that Mighty Goliath’s size proved to be a detriment.  Once he was taken off his feet, the technical skill of Steiner and the power of Hercules made it nearly impossible for him to get up.  It was like the opposite of those face in peril matches we are used to seeing.  Nord and Robley did their best to interfere, but the ref kept forcing them out.  In the end we saw a nasty double-team move as Hercules held Goliath down and Steiner hit a top rope double leg drop across the neck of Goliath.  Steiner and Hercules remain the tag team champs but we will have to wait until after the main event to see what title they hold.

UNIFICATION MATCH

UWF CHAMP VS MID-SOUTH CHAMP

Lex Luger with Woman vs Dr. Death Steve Williams

Back and forth we go.  Momentum change after momentum change.  Big move after big move.  Near pin after near pin.  After about 30 minutes of all out war, we see Woman up on the apron screaming at the ref.  He is arguing back and forth with her as the crowd is stirring.  Here comes Wahoo McDaniel and Ivan Koloff.  Wahoo walks right to where Woman is standing and jumps up on the apron and seems like he is going to enter the ring.  The ref is forcing him out and Wahoo is arguing.

WHAM… on the other side of the ring, without the ref seeing, Ivan entered the ring, with the Russian chain wrapped around his hand and clobbered Dr. Death.  Ivan simply leaves the ring and heads to the locker room.  Wahoo sees that the job is done and also leaves the ring and joins Ivan.  Woman, unsure of what happened, isn’t one to look a gift horse in the mouth, also jumps down.  The ref turns to see Lex Luger whipping a bloodied Dr. Death into the ropes and connecting with a huge clothesline.

1…2...3!  Lex Luger remains the heavyweight champion, but like Steiner and Hercules, we are going to have to see which belt they are going to wear.    

MAIN EVENT

Lumberjack Match

(For the WTBS TV Contract & control of Louisiana Wrestling)

“Cowboy” Bill Watts vs “The Big Cat” Ernie Ladd

A shoot fight if there ever has been one.  If the hatred between Watts and Ladd wasn’t enough, the ring was surrounded by about 20 wrestlers who hated at least one of the men in the match.  Nothing here resembles wrestling.  There is fighting in the ring and out of the ring.  All the wrestlers who competed earlier seemed to continue their battles with their opponents.  Dr. Death is doing his best to get even with Ivan Koloff. JYD and Wahoo picked up where they left off after Halloween Havoc.  Freebirds and Hot Stuff Inc. took turns punching and kicking each other.  Right down the line, there was carnage. Every time Watts and Ladd toppled out of the ring, it was like the “lumberjacks” were upset that their fights were interrupted.  The only one that was excited to get involved in the actual match was Tully Blanchard.  He seemed to relish in attacking Watts every chance he got, and it seemed like Ernie Ladd picked up on this.  In the end, brawls were all over the arena, but Tully stayed out of the fray.  Tully slowly climbed up on the apron.  Nobody noticed.  When he entered the ring, the ref looked at him but could do nothing about it as it was a no DQ match.  Watts was busy throwing elbows at Ladd when Tully came up from behind and delivered a devasting kick to the groin.  Watts goes down.  Tully signals to Ladd to help him but The Big Cat just looks at him.  Next, Tully scoops up Watts and hits a slingshot suplex.  Watts is basically done as Tully exits the ring.

Ladd, satisfied he did nothing wrong, props Watts up in the corner.

WHAM… Running Big Boot by Ladd on Watts.

1…2…3!  Ernie Ladd has won the bout and is in control of Louisiana Wrestling and WTBS!

As the bell sounds over and over again, the brawls on the outside slowly subside as people notice the match is over!  You can almost see their expressions change.  They quickly went from fighting mode to people deep in thought.  It was like they all were wondering if they still had a job!  Mid-South Revolution Wrestling has survived.  UWF is no longer.  Which wrestlers will make the cut? What happens to Bill Watts?  Join us in 1988 to find out!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all on the line tonight! 

2 DDTs to open the show! Not a bad way to get things going. 

Loved the 6 man tag. Southern style at its best. Everybody shines but Prichard walks out a superstar. 

Tully's tactics backfires as Duggan quickly takes advantage to retain. This version of Duggan is the best. 

JYD is the man! That finish on Vader proves it. 

I guess I can't blame Dibiase. Pulling out the black glove is the only way to put Garvin away. 

Steiner and Herc defeating Robley's monsters prove they're credible champs. Liked the detail involving Goliath's size. 

Wahoo and Uncle Ivan just made Dr. Death's hit list! On the flip side, I'm looking forward more Luger and Woman in 88. 

It all comes down to this. Watts vs. Ladd! Winner take all! The Lumberjack stip worked so well. Brawling everywhere! Who would've thought Tully would be the key factor. Ladd takes advantage and finishes Watts off. I have to admit, I was pulling for Ladd. I wonder how Ladd will respond to Tully? What does the future hold for the roster? Can't wait for 88! 

Your storytelling this year was amazing! 

Roberts beating the hell out of a accountant makes a perfect start to the night.

The Doctor of Desire comes in clutch for the Freebirds as the sole survivor.

Tully gets caught taking a shortcut and that's enough for Hacksaw to retain the title.

JYD hitting the thump on Vader is the kinda shot you could stick in highlight reels for years.

Dibiase wins the battle of the k.o punches.

Steiner & Hernandez out-wrestle Robley's monsters to become the unified tag champs.

It takes 3 men & Woman to make Luger the unified heavyweight champion.

Watts' champions may have won their respective clashes but it's Ladd & Mid-South Revolution who stand tall at the end of the night with control of the WTBS time-slot and the Louisiana territory. Can't wait to see what the Big Cat has in store.

• 2 weeks later...

HbMrwqA.png?1

Appearing in newspapers all across the South on Dec 28, 1987

The Freebirds Must Fly the Coup!

dvbBKgr.png

There were tears last night in the Riverside Centroplex in Baton Rouge as the Freebirds lost a Loser-Leave Town Match to Hot Stuff Inc.  The end saw Michael Hayes attempt to kiss Missy Hyatt, the vivacious valet for Eddie Gilbert and Rick Steiner. 

vOLS1GX.png

It was hard to tell exactly what happened, but it appears that Missy Hyatt bit the tongue of Michael Hayes, who in pure agony, staggered backwards right into the arms of Eddie Gilbert.  Gilbert then executed a perfect Hot Shot Suplex and covered the leader of the Freebirds.  Terry “Bam Bam” Gordy rushed into the ring but was met by Steiner.  The two big men collided in a colossal collision and both hit the canvas just as the referee completed the three count.

The Freebirds have been in the Mid-South area for almost 2 tumultuous years now.  They have been on the good side and the bad side.  They have been the best of friends and the worst of enemies.  Over the last two years, the Freebirds have held the World Tag Championship on two occasions and the Mid-South Tag Title once.  They have feuded with the Rock n Roll Express, Ted Dibiase and recently Hot Stuff Incorporated.  Michael Hayes and Terry Gordy also feuded with each other as Michael seemed to go through a period of jealousy over Gordy’s success as a singles wrestler.  This feud actually saw Michael Hayes temporarily blind Terry Gordy by rubbing some sort of cream into his “partner’s” eyes.  Once the Freebirds reconnected it seemed like there was no stopping them.  That is until Missy Hyatt got involved.  Whether you loved or hated the Freebirds, one thing is for sure.  The made wrestling in the Mid-South very interesting.  Good luck to them wherever they go.

k3C3tyN.png?1

Jan 7, 1988:  Episode #1

The show opens with a video of Ernie Ladd vs Cowboy Bill Watts from Battle of the Bayou.

He seemed to relish in attacking Watts every chance he got, and it seemed like Ernie Ladd picked up on this.  In the end, brawls were all over the arena, but Tully stayed out of the fray.  Tully slowly climbed up on the apron.  Nobody noticed.  When he entered the ring, the ref looked at him but could do nothing about it as it was a no DQ match.  Watts was busy throwing elbows at Ladd when Tully came up from behind and delivered a devasting kick to the groin.  Watts goes down.  Tully signals to Ladd to help him but The Big Cat just looks at him.  Next, Tully scoops up Watts and hits a slingshot suplex.  Watts is basically done as Tully exits the ring.

Ladd, satisfied he did nothing wrong, props Watts up in the corner.

WHAM… Running Big Boot by Ladd on Watts.

1…2…3!  Ernie Ladd has won the bout and is in control of Louisiana Wrestling and WTBS!

As the bell sounds over and over again, the brawls on the outside slowly subside as people notice the match is over!  You can almost see their expressions change.  They quickly went from fighting mode to people deep in thought.

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very,very much indeed to the first  episode of Mid-South Wrestling in 1988 and what a year’s it’s going to be.  The Revolution is over.  Ernie Ladd is the winner.  Bill Watts and the UWF is no more.  Now, we can get back to wrestling the way it should be.  I’m Gordon Solie and it is my pleasure to be coming to you tonight from the Irish McNeils’s Boys Club in Shreveport, Louisiana.  So many things have happened since we were last with you and in the next hour, we’ll do our best to get you caught with everything as well as bring you some great action inside the ring.  First, I would like to bring out the president of Mid-South Wrestling, Ernie Ladd. 

Ernie Ladd:  Thank you Gordon.  What a night!  What a night!  I told you that over-inflated blowhard Bill Watts couldn’t back up even one word of what came out of his fat mouth!  I told you he had no friends in this business.

Gordon Solie:  To be fair Mr. Ladd.  He did put up one heck of a fight and if not for Tully Blanchard, nobody knows what the outcome would have been.

Ernie Ladd: Gordon… when you cheat so many people in this sport, it’s bound to come back and bit you in the … you know what!  As far as Tully is concerned, Tully did what he thought was right.  I tried to speak with him after the match but couldn’t find him.  It seems he feels that his job is done.  He feels vindicated for what Watts did to him back in the NWA.  Tully has gone back to try and recapture the NWA title… a title that he feels he never lost.  As for Mid-South Wrestling… we will continue to do business as usual.  Problems will be solved inside the ring!  Anything that happens outside of that ring is not my business… unless it effects my business.  1988 is going to be one heck of a year and we got a lot to sort out after Battle of the Bayou.  Thanks Gordon!

Gordon Solie:  Thank you Mr. Ladd.  It appears the timekeeper is about ready/  Let’s head up to the ring for our first bout.

MATCH #1

Mighty Goliath & Nord “The Barbarian” with Colonel Buck Robley defeat Action Jackson  & Scott McGhee in a great opening match that eventually saw Nord hit the front suplex on Scott McGhenn.  The fan favorites almost had the victory after Jackson hit a big dropkick Goliath, but Robley interfered. 

At the podium, Colonel Robley is going on and on about cheating by Scott Steiner and Hercules Hernandez at The Battle of the Bayou that cost his men the Mid-South tag titles.  Suddenly, Ted Dibiase, Mike Rotundo and the Sheik come out to the podium. 

Ted Dibiase:  Buck, I hate to interrupt your interview time, but I have a proposal to make you that I think you will find somewhat overwhelming.

Buck Robley:  I’m all ears friend.

Ted Dibiase:  It seems that my goal to control Mid-South Wrestling keeps hitting some sort of hiccup.  Sheik and I keep looking to add the greatest tag team in wrestling to our Million Dollar Corporation, but we keep coming up short.  The last two, Avalanche and Typhoon were talented but it seems like they were more interested in the buffet then the ring.  Sheik and I decided to cut our loses and sent them packing… That brings us to your team.  It has tremendous talent.  Tremendous potential.  What I’m getting at is… I would like to buy Goliath and Nord from you.

Colonel Robley:  Ted, the reason I got back in the business was to manage world champions.  I think these two men will do that for me.  Sorry old friend, they are not for sale.

Ted Dibiase doesn’t hesitate and pulls out a check and hands it to Robley.

Colonel Robley:  Ummmm, nice doing business with ya. (Buck simply walks away with Gordon Solie not sure if we’ll ever see him again.

Ted Dibiase:  (Pointing at Goliath)  You seem to be the weak link here.  Every time I replay that match from Battle of the Bayou in my head, I see you just flopping around on the mat.  I have no time for losers.  Goliath… you are fired!

Goliath looks confused….

Ted Dibiase:  Go ahead you overgrown knucklehead… Get out of here!

Goliath still looking confused, finally just shuffles off.  Nord, unsure what is going on.

Ted Dibiase:  Come on Barbarian, time to go meet your new tag team partner.

The group heads off with Gordon Solie unsure exactly what happened.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Gordon Solie:  Fans, joining me right now is the senior editor of Pro Wrestling Illustrated, Bill Apter.

Bill Apter:  Thank you Gordon.  We at Pro Wrestling Illustrated had a contest for Mid-South Wrestler of the Year and the fans voted in overwhelming fashion for Steve “Dr. Death” Williams.  Many of the votes came in with comments where the fans pointed out that Dr. Death lost one match the entire year and that he succeeded in his quest to rid the area of the “Russian Nightmare” Nikita Koloff. 

Gordon Solie:  Joining us right now to accept his Wrestler of the Year award…. Steve “Dr. Death” Williams.

Dr. Death:  Thank you Bill.  Thank you Gordon.  Most of all, thank you to the fans.  I know what this sport means to you, and I just try to give them 100% which is exactly what they deserve.

From the back comes Woman and Lex Luger….

Gordon Solie:  Waitaminute here.  You two have no business being out here right now.  This is Dr. Death’s time.

Woman:  Pardon our interruption Mr. Apter, but I must correct you.  Steve actually lost two matches last year.  The last one coming to the new Mid-South Champion, my wrestler… The Total Package… Lex Luger.

Dr. Death:  Woman… I think you have a long way to go before you understand what a Total Package is!  As far as Lex winning that title at Battle of the Bayou… you and I both know that the only reason he won that match was because Ivan Koloff clobbered me with that Russian Chain after you distracted the ref!

Lex Luger:  Do you ever stop making excuses!

WHAM… Williams clobbered Luger and the brawl is on!

Eventually we get pure chaos as it is Luger, Ivan Koloff, Wahoo McDaniel squaring of against Dr. Death, Dick Murdoch and JYD!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When we come out of break, a bloodied Dr. Death is at the podium…

Dr. Death:  You think attacking me with the help of Ivan Koloff and that turncoat Wahoo McDaniel … you think grinding my face into the concrete floor… you think this blood running down the side of my face is going to do anything to me?  Am I supposed to sit here and feel sorry for myself.  Am I supposed to be frightened?  Am I supposed to sniffle and cry?  I DON’T THINK SO!  In fact, all you’ve done is make me angry.  Angry that I let a chump like you take my title.  Angry that I allowed a jezebel like Woman to play a role in my defeat.  Angry that I allowed Ivan Koloff and Wahoo McDaniel to attack me during my match!  Now, I will tell you this.  You, Lex Luger, need to be afraid.  Afraid of what I am going to do to you.  The pain you are going to feel … Both physical and mental.  I am going to break every bone in your body and when I walk out of the ring with my Mid-South title, you will be left sitting there wondering what Death feels like!

Gordon Solie:  Lex Luger… I’d be worried.  Very worried.  Let’s go back to the ring.

MATCH #2

Vader (without Woman who seemed rattled from the earlier brawl) destroys JT Southern with the end coming from the powerbomb

After the bout, Jake “The Snake” Roberts and Paul Ellering are all at the podium and want to discuss Ted Dibiase and The Million Dollar Corporation 

Paul Ellering:  Tic… Tic… Tic… Sheik Adnan…. The bomb is ticking.  Soon everything is going to blow up in your face.  You’ve tried and tried to buy the greatest stable of wrestlers but you have failed miserable.  You overpaid for Ted Dibiase… Mike Rotundo is nothing but a smug over-rated book keeper and now you’ve hired Nord “The Barbarian.”  Nord … well… the problem here you see is that Nord has half a brain which actually increases the average intelligence of your stable of wrestlers.  Tic…Tic… Tic… BOOM!

Jake Roberts:  Oh what a wicked web we weave when our goal is to deceive.  Ted Dibiase….  We all saw you use that loaded black glove to defeat Ron Garvin at Battle of the Bayou.  We’ve seen you buy and sell your way to the North American Title!  Well, I can tell you one thing for certain.  The old adage “that money doesn’t buy happiness” is 100% true.  I am going to spend all of 1988 making sure you are very, very unhappy! 

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #3

North American Title Match

“The Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase © with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs Barry Colbert

It seems like Dibiase is out to make a point in this match as he just beats Colbert from pillar to post before locking in the Figure 4 for the victory!  The problem for Colbert is that he refused to release the hold and as pulling on the ropes for added leverage.  Colbert could be heard screaming by everyone in the small confines of The Boys Club.  The ref is pleading with Dibiase, but he could care less.  Sheik has even joined in and is pulling on Dibiase’s arms to add even more pressure on to Colbert.

Gordon Solie:  Oh come on.  This is completely uncalled for!  Dibiase is going to permanently injure this youngster.  We need help out here!

The crowd erupts… It is Jake Roberts to the rescue.  He climbs up to the top rope and leaps off with a knee to the shoulder of Dibiase.  Dibiase releases the hold and the Sheik pulls him to safety.  The Snake is daring Dibiase to come back for more, but he heads over to the podium.

Ted Dibiase:  Solie…. I’m sick of this.  Same problem as 1987 all over again.  Jake “The Snake in the Grass” Roberts keeps interfering in my matches.  I mean this is ridiculous.  I’ve heard of jealousy but come on.  If you want a piece of me , put your name on the dotted line.

Gordon Solie:  So, it’s Jake Roberts fault you refused to release the Figure 4?  As for the contract, I’m sure Mr. Roberts would have no problem meeting you any time any place.

Ted Dibiase:  As I said a minute ago… same problems as 1987 and you Gordon Solie were a problem then and are a problem now!  Let’s go Sheik!

As Dibiase and Sheik leave, Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt come out.

Gordon Solie:  Oh, this just gets better and better.

Missy Hyatt:  You got that right Solie.  Look at Hot Stuff.  Look at me!  It doesn’t get any better than this.

Eddie Gilbert:  Gordon, I’m confused.  How have we gotten this far into the show and you’ve yet to mention what went down last week in Baton Rouge. 

Gordon Solie:  It has been a very busy show Mr. Gilbert.

Missy Hyatt:  But nothing is more important than Eddie and myself.

Eddie Gilbert:  That’s right!  Last week in Baton Rouge, I pinned Michael Hayes and now the Freebirds are OUTTA HERE! 

A gasp from the fans…

Gordon Solie:  That’s right folks.  I’m afraid that it’s true.  Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy and Buddy Roberts are no longer a part of Mid-South Wrestling.

Eddie Gilbert:  Let’s be clear about this.  Michael Hayes tried to do what Tom Prichard did and put his lips on Missy Hyatt.  As a result, he got me so angry that I bounced his ugly head off the canvas with the Hot Shot and as we know, nobody gets up from the Hot Shot! For once, I agree with Gordon.   Earlier you said 1988 is here and it is going to be better than 1987.  With the Freebirds gone and Tom Prichard soon to follow, 1988 is going to be awesome!

Missy Hyatt:  That’s right Tom Prichard.  At the Battle of the Bayou, my team of Rick Steiner, Brian Adams and Eddie Gilbert were robbed of victory when “The Doctor of Dementia” Tom Prichard laid his ugly, fat, hairy lips on me and kissed me.  I went into rescue mode.  All I can think about was dying of disgust and it cost us the match as Eddie came to my rescue.  I have now made a full recovery.  Our next goal is to rid Mid-South once and for all of Tom Prichard just like we did the Freebirds.  The last time Prichard flirted with me, it nearly cost him his life.  This time, I promise it will cost him his career.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Main Event Match

Louisiana Title Match

Junkyard Dog defeats “Mean” Mike Miller with the Big Thump!

In a spirited interview, JYD is howling how excited he is for 1988 and can’t wait to get his hands on Ivan Koloff and Wahoo McDaniel!

Gordon Solie:  Fans, what an hour it was.  Things are really heating up here in Ernie Ladd’s Mid-South Wrestling.  We are just about out of time, but I wanted to inform you that next week, we will be coming to you live from The Riverside Centroplex in Baton Rouge.  If you are anywhere near the state capital next Saturday night be sure to be there in person.  It’s going to one heck of a show.  We are out of time.  So long from the Pelican State. 

Gotta admire how Ladd is even able to turn Tully interfering on his behalf into a put down of Watts.

Well Robley sure changed his tune right quick! Poor Goliath. Wonder who Ted's gonna pair Nord with?

Williams gets his due for being Mid-South's mvp over the last year. But Woman comes out to boast about her man leading to a pier-six brawl and a fire promo by Dr Death.

Vader getting that win must've calmed Woman's nerves at least a bit.

Between the dual Ellering/Roberts promo & the shenanigans after Dibiase's match, this feud just got kicked to another level.

Gilbert takes his victory lap for sending the Freebirds packing and promises to do the same to Prichard.

A JYD win/promo combo makes a great finish to the first Mid-South show of 1988.

Once again, Ladd is the man! Loved his explanation of Tully. Ladd's going to take Mid South to new levels. 

Well, Dibiase proves everybody's got a price and Robley had his. Poor Goliath is left out. I wonder who Dibiase has in mind for Nord? 

Williams is rightfully named Wrestler of the Year. However, Woman and Luger disagree. Instant feud! I liked Williams fired up promo. 

Leon White's transition to Vader in this game has been so well done. 88 could be Vader's big breakout year. 

Ellering and Jake gel so well. The promos alone are above and beyond. 

Dibiase shows his brutal side until Jake puts a stop to it. This feud will never get old. 

I knew we would hear from Hot Stuff Inc after running the Freebirds out of town. 'Dr. of Dementia' LOL, better get some friend and fast. 

JYD starts off 88 in dominating fashion. He's still got some fuel in the tank. At this point in his career, he's defiantly in the right place. Same goes for Wahoo and Uncle Ivan. 

The Battle doesn't disappoint and there will be some serious fallout from these events. I think Jake Roberts is in line for a spectacular 1988... interested to see where he goes. JYD, Duggan, and Dibiase... Md South mainstays... all get wins and move things on. These guys are the top dogs around here for a reason.  The real big note though... Lex Luger is the man and rightfully so. He was primed for the top spot at this point in his career and you'll do him justice.  Oh yeah... and then we've got Ladd and Watts... Big Cat walks away with a lot in his pocket... but we know that Watts won't be too far out of the picture.

The follow up is good.... Vader is back on the right track...Dibiase and Jake is a feud everyone can get behind. Lastly, JYD... again on top he has got all the skills to be on top of the mountain in 1988 but we'll see if his body holds up!

k3C3tyN.png?1

Mid-South Wrestling:  1988:  Episode #2:  Jan 14

The show opens with a video from last week’s brawl between Lex Luger and Dr. Death after Luger interrupted Dr. Death’s Wrestler of the Year ceremony.  The brawl turned into a Pier Sixer as Ivan Koloff and Wahoo McDaniel joined Lex and JYD and JYD and Dick Murdoch rushed to the aid of Dr. Death.

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very, very much indeed to another episode of Mid-South Wrestling.  I’m Gordon Solie and it is my pleasure to be coming to you today from the Riverside Centroplex in Baton Rouge.  1988 is off to a great start and things are heating up.  As you just saw, last week the current Mid-South Champion, Lex luger and former Mid-South Champion, Dr Death Steve Williams got into an altercation.  That leads us to our main event on today’s show which will be an amazing 6 Man matchup between Luger, Ivan Koloff and Wahoo McDaniel squaring off between Dr. Death, JYD and Dick Murdoch. Also in action, we will see Big Van Vader taking on El Santo Negro.  The North American Champion, Ted Dibiase taking on JT Southern.  The Mid-South Tag Team Champions, Hercules Hernandez and Scott Steiner will be making their first appearance of the year.  Hacksaw Duggan will be defending his television title against the Brooklyn Brawler.  That and much, much more.  Let’s get to the ring!

MATCH #1

Big Van Vader with Woman destroys El Santo Negro with the powerbomb

After the match, Jake “The Snake” Roberts and Presious Paul Ellering come to the podium.

Paul Ellering:  Here in Mid-South Wrestling, we have the greatest wrestlers in the World… but we also have the biggest cry baby in all of wrestling. That’s right Mr. Ted Dibiase, I’m talking about you.  You come down to the ring night after night and Sheik Adnan Al Kassie interferes in your matches.  If that doesn’t work… your “so called accountant” Mike Rotundo comes down to do your dirty work.  By God, if that isn’t enough, you roll out off the ring out onto the floor and put on that loaded black glove and cheat yourself to another tainted win… but after each match you come over here to poor Gordon Solie and cry about what Jake “The Snake” Roberts has done to you.  Man up, Ted Dibiase, man up.

Jake Roberts:  Well, well… The Million Dollar Man, Ted Dibiase….  Here we are at the start of a new year but you haven’t changed one bit.  You claim to be a fighting champion.  You claim to take on all comers… but that is… if and only if… you have all your tainted ducks in a row.  You make sure the fix is in.  You make sure that the outcome has been pre-decided.  Well, I promise you this, you haven’t got everything all figured out and I’m going to prove it to you real soon. 

COMMERCIAL BREAK -PROMO FOR LAKE CHARLES

Pre-match interview with The Million Dollar Corporation (Dibiase, Rotundo, Nord and Sheik Adnan)

Gordon Solie:  Mr. Dibiase… I do want to ask you why you bought and fired the former tag team champion, Mighty Goliath last week.  It seems like that was done just to embarrass Mighty Goliath.

Ted Dibiase:  Gordon… the simple reason is that I can. I’m the Million Dollar Man.  I can buy and sell anything I want to.  I wanted Nord “The Barbarian” not Mighty Goliath.  In fact, I think he is so bad, I bought him just to make sure he wouldn’t wrestle in Mid-South anymore.  Everyone should thank me for getting rid of that overgrown ooff and as far as Jake Roberts is concerned…Jake Roberts… you come out here week after week and talk about me, the Million Dollar Man, the North American Champion.  Why don’t you focus on yourself.  Why don’t you and Paul Ellering count how many times you break the rules.  Why don’t you two count how many times you stick your noses in other people’s matches?  Maybe then, you might move up the ranks and earn yourself a title shot. 

Gordon Solie:  Fair enough.  Mr. Dibiase, I believe you have a match now. 

MATCH #2

NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH

Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase © with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs JT Southern

Prior to the bell ringing, Jake Roberts and Paul Ellering come to ringside.  Snake climbs into the ring and goes over and whispers something into the ear of JT Southern.  Southern nods, shakes the hand of Roberts and leaves the ring.  Jake then goes over to the ring announcer and whispers something into his ear.

Ring Announcer:  Fans, I have just been informed that JT Southern will be replaced by Mighty Goliath…  

Ted Dibiase is fuming and pointing at Snake that he has no business interfering in his business!

As Mighty Goliath comes to the ring, he hears his first applause since coming to Mid-South.  goes right over Dibiase.  Goliath, using punches, kicks and forearm smashes controls the first few minutes.  Eventually Dibiase ducks a blow and Goliath is off balance and the champ takes his legs right out from under him.  As in the past, Goliath struggles to get back to his feet and Dibiase takes total control.  Dibiase starts toying with the big man and seems to be having a grand time.  He is taunting the fans as well as Roberts and Ellering.

Snake starts yelling at Dibiase who struts over and verbally gives it right back.

WHAM… Goliath managed to get to his feet during the back and forth banter and crushed the champ with a Running Avalanche in the corner.  Dibiase crumbles as Goliath climbs to the middle rope and comes off with a Giant Splash!

1…2…3!  The crowd explodes as Snake and Ellering are all smiles!  The Sheik rushes to the aid of his former champion!

As the ring announcer begins to announce the new champion, Ernie Ladd comes out and talks to the ring announcer who lets everyone know that, since this match had not been sanctioned by Mid-South Wrestling, Ted Dibiase will still be the North American Champion.

The crowd is not pleased nor is Goliath but we see a smirk on Jake Roberts face as he now knows that he has Dibiase’s number. 

Before our next match, Woman, Lex Luger, Ivan Koloff and Wahoo McDaniel are at the podium hyping up today’s main event.  Lex Luger reminds Dr. Death who the champion is.  Ivan Koloff lets Dick Murdoch know that being he is going to soon suffer the consequences for sticking his nose where it doesn’t belong and Wahoo McDaniel laughs at the stupid antics of JYD. 

MATCH #3

MID-SOUTH TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

Hercules Hernandez & Scott Steiner defeat “Mean” Mike Miller & Killer Brooks after Hercules locked in the full nelson and forced Killer Brooks to submit.

At the post match interview, Gordon Solie welcomes Hercules and Scott Steiner to Mid-South Wrestling as this was technically their first appearance here.  They had just won the unification belt at Battle of the Bayou and were no longer members of the now defunct UWF.  Gordon also was very interested in what Scott Steiner thought about his brother, Rick Steiner, who has been in Mid-South for a while and is a member of Hot Stuff Incorporated with Missy Hyatt and Eddie Gilbert.

Scott Steiner:  Gordon, my brother is a tremendous talent and truly is a man of honor and ethics.  I think he has unfortunately been tricked by Eddie Gilbert.  In fact, I think Eddie and Missy Hyatt are using my brother to do all of their dirty work.  I have not yet had the chance to talk to Rick so I do not want to speak for himself.  Hopefully, very soon, he will see what is really going on.

Gordon Solie:  Fair enough Scott.  Fair enough.  Rick would not be the first man to fall for Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt’s gimmick. 

As we come out of break, Hot Stuff Inc. (Missy Hyatt, Eddie Gilbert, & Rick Steiner) is at the podium.

Gordon Solie:  Not sure I would want to be you Mr. Eddie Gilbert.  Between Tom Prichard and now the Mid-South Tag Team Champions, it seems there are a lot of people gunning for you around here.

Missy Hyatt:  First of all Gordon, you know good and well that you and everyone else would like to be Eddie Gilbert.  Look at me… you all would like to be Eddie. 

Eddie Gilbert:  Gordon, Hercules Hernandez… Scott Steiner… you are all going to have to wait.  Dr. Dump, Tom Prichard, I have not forgotten that you kissed my girl a few weeks ago.  Thank God she didn’t get rabies or anything but I can’t just let that go.  Next week in Lake Charles, it will be you and me and I promise you, when I am done with you, your mother won’t even kiss your ugly face.

Gordon Solie:  and you Mr. Steiner, what do you think about your brothers comments earlier that he feels you are being used by Missy Hyatt and Eddie Gilbert.

Rick Steiner:  My brother is a talented wrestler but he should really come ask me about my situation before bringing it up here on TV. 

MATCH #4

TV TITLE MATCH

Hacksaw Jim Duggan © defeats The Brooklyn Brawler with the football tackle.

Before our next match, Dr. Death, JYD and Dick Murdoch let Luger, Koloff and Wahoo know that they are in some serious trouble in a few minutes.

MAIN EVENTMATCH #5

Lex Luger with Woman, Wahoo McDaniel & “The Russian Bear” Ivan Koloff

Vs

“Dr. Death” Steve Williams, “Captain Redneck” Dick Murdoch & JYD

We have had this type of match before... lots of brawling with all 6 man getting some time to shine.  In the end, it looks like Dr. Death is setting up Luger for the Oklahoma Stampede when Vader rushes the ring and nails Dr. Death from behind.  The ref immediately calls for the bell but the brawl is on.  With a 4-3 advantage the heels soon start to pummel the fan favorites. 

Gordon Solie:  Folks, we need to get some help out here! Please!  Someone is going to get seriously hurt.  Folks, I am sorry, but we are out of time.  So long from the Pelican State.  Be sure to join us next week from The Lake Charles Civic Center.  Can we please get some help out here.

DARK MATCH

Dick Murdoch defeats The Red Shadow with the brainbuster

I think Vader just sent Santo back to heaven.

Another promo battle leads to Dibiase getting upset by a vengeful Goliath. Loving this feud.

I think the Steiner brothers need to have a nice, long chat.

Duggan gets his reps in.

Huge main event devolves into chaos courtesy of Vader. Perhaps Woman just got two new clients?

Vader begins this year's path of destruction. 

Ellering and Jake take some serious shots at Dibiase. Dibiase fires back with shots of his own. 

Thanks to some solid planning by Jake, Mighty Goliath gets some serious payback on Dibiase. Even though he didn't get the title, it was still a feel good moment and solidifies Goliath as a fan favorite. 

Herc and Scott are off to a great start. Cool seeing seeds planted with the Steiners. 

Hot Stuff Inc, are riding high but Prichard and the tag champs are coming for them. 

Duggan with another hard hitting TV title defense. 

Chaotic 6 man tag ends the show with Vader giving the heels the advantage. Bring on Vader vs. Dr. Death! 

k3C3tyN.png?1

EPISODE #3:  Jan, 21, 1988

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very, very much indeed for tunning into another episode of Mid-South Wrestling.  I’m Gordon Solie and it is my pleasure to be coming to you today from the Sudduth Coliseum in Lake Charles Louisiana.  What a start we’ve had to the new year.  I want to take you back to las week’s show as the action was still going when we ran out of time. 

We see a short video clip of the 6 Man Tag Team match between Dr. Death, Dick Murdoch and JYD vs Lex Luger, Wahoo McDaniel and Ivan Koloff.  Vader rushed the ring and helped out the heels causing the DQ but the bayfaces are getting sick and tired of the heels playing the numbers game.

When we come back to live TV, Dr. Death, JYD and Murdoch are all with Gordon Solie

Gordon Solie:  Well, I take it you three are none too happy.

Dr. Death:  You got that right.  I mean last week; Lex Luger comes out and talks about how he beat me for the Mid-South Title and how I didn’t deserve that great award from Bill Apter on being named Mid-South Wrestler of the Year.  You saw last week how they play their games.  The only time they put their names on the dotted line is when they know they have a Plan B… when they know someone not involved in the match has their back.  I’m not out here making excuses and I know Ernie Ladd wants all problems solved in the ring, so I think we got an idea.

JYD:  That’s right… since we know they are going to cheat… let’s just have those 4 from last week meet us 3 right here on today’s show.  I know, it sounds crazy… We want a Handicap Match.  We want Luger, Wahoo, Koloff and Vader in the ring vs the 3 of us and we want that match today.  The reason we want this is at least we’ll know were all those sneaky foxes are.  We won’t be in the middle of the match and have one of them come up from behind.

Murdoch:  Woman… I haven’t forgotten what you did to me last year.  I haven’t forgotten how you and Vader both turned your back on me.  I don’t care if it’s 10 against 1, I’m going to get my revenge.  Woman, don’t think I won’t knock you out too.

Gordon Solie:  Now I don’t think you should be hitting a woman.

Murdock:  I’ll never hit a woman who acts like a woman.  This one here, I got no issue knocking out.

Ernie Ladd comes out…

Ernie Ladd:  Fellas… I feel your pain.  I know that it’s frustrating, but I like how you are going about your business.  We settle things in the ring here in Mid-South Wrestling and I am granting you your request for a handicap match and it will be right here tonight on TV.    

Gordon:  Thank you Mr. Ladd.  On today’s show will also see Jake “The Snake” Roberts teaming up with The Mighty Goliath to take on Ted Dibiase and Nord “The Barbarian.”  It will be Hacksaw Jim Duggan defending the TV title against The Red Shadow.  Tom Prichard will face Eddie Gilbert in a match where both men want some revenge and as you just heard, in our main event… A Handicap Match.  Lex Luger, Vader, Wahoo McDaniel, and Ivan Koloff will take on Dr. Death, JYD and “Captain Redneck” Dick Murdoch.  What an hour it’s going to be.  Let’s get to the ring!

MATCH #1

Jake “The Snake” Roberts with Paul Ellering & The Mighty Goliath vs

“The Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase and Mike Rotundo with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie

From the beginning of the match, two things are clear.  First, Ted Dibiase wants revenge on his opponents for last week where The Snake tricked Dibiase causing him to lose to the Mighty Goliath but the second thing is that it is obvious that he wants no part of Jake Roberts.  Every time Snake tags in, Dibiase makes sure it is Rotundo who faces him.

As for the finish, Nord “The Barbarian” hit the ring and attacked The Mighty Goliath.  Even though the ref called for the bell and the DQ, Snake, Goliath and Ellering where under attack.  The carnage went on for a few minutes and culminated with Dibiase supervising a viscous face-first suplex by Nord on the Snake out on the concrete floor.  Finally, the tag champions, Scott Steiner and Hercules Hernandez came to the rescue, but it was too late as a bloodied Roberts is helped to the back.    

After Gordon Solie puts over the crazy incident we just saw, Eddie Gilbert comes to podium.

Gordon Solie:  Well Mr. Gilbert,  tonight is a big night for you as you have a tough match with Tom Prichard.  I also notice that you seem to be all alone with Missy Hyatt and Rick Steiner.

Eddie Gilbert:  Gordon… I always had some questions about you and you’re um … manhood but I feel better about you right now.  You noticed Missy isn’t here which is exactly what every red-bloodied man would do.  The new year is here… Missy is out scouting some talent so we can continue to grow our Hot Stuff Wrestling Training School with all the young stars of tomorrow.  Rick actually has some family business to take care of so, yes I’m all alone.  But with a night off, like tonight, it is the perfect time for them to get other things done.

Gordon Solie:  Night off?  You are facing Tom Prichard in just a little while Sir.

Eddie Gilbert:  As I said… A Night Off!!  Tom Prichard couldn’t beat me if I had one hand tied behind my back.  He couldn’t beat me if I was in a straitjacket.  I will prove to everyone tonight that if Prichard dares to focus on me, he will soon be following Michael Hayes and the rest of the Deadbirds in whatever truck stop they are now working in. 

Gordon Solie:  Un huh.  I find it interesting that Rick Steiner is away today on family business, but Scott is here.  I guess the rift between the two brothers is even bigger than it appears.  I think it’s time to move on.

After the break, we have a bandaged Jake “The Snake” and Paul Ellering at the podium.

Jake Roberts:  Ted Dibibase…. Sheik Adnan…. Round and round we go, where it stops we all know.  Week after week you two connive some plan to make sure someone else does your dirty work.  Problem for you two is that your merry-go-round is about to come to a halt.  We just talked to the Mid-South tag team champs and we have all agreed to watch each other’s backs against The Million Dollar Corporation. 

Paul Ellering:  Mr. DiBiase…some say money buys happiness.  I think money buys complacency.  You are getting soft.  The Ted Dibiase I knew back in Georgia stood up for himself.  He would never let others do his work.  You think you are buying protection.  What you’re really buying is a guarantee that when Jake gets you 1 on1, you will not know what to do.  Trust me, your time is coming.

MATCH #2

“TV TITLE MATCH

Hacksaw Jim Duggan © vs The Red Shadow

To the delight of the fans, Hacksaw controls the match from beginning to end with the end coming by way of the football tackle.  Interesting part here was that after the ref made the three count, The Super Destroyer made his return to Mid-South and climbed inti the ring.  He walked right up to Hacksaw and seemed to stare him down through his mask.  Hacksaw stares right back for a moment and then both men back away. 

After the match, “The Doctor of Desire” Tom Prichard comes to the podium.

Tom Prichard:  Ya know Gordon… Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt do a lot of bragging.  They talk about what they did to me last fall.  They talk about what they did to the Freebirds last month.  But if you pay close attention, they never talk about how they get things done.  They don’t talk about the Pearl Harbor attacks.  They don’t talk about the outside interference.  They don’t talk about the numbers game they play.  Well tonight, it’s just me and you Gilbert!  Rick Steiner is not in the building.  Missy Hyatt is out on a scouting trip to try and rebuild her group of young wrestlers to do her dirty work.  So, Eddie… tonight is the night I prove how you are nothing in the world of wrestling.  How about tonight you back up what you say.  You say that I am going to meet the same fate as Michael Hayes.  You say you are going to run me out of town.

The crowd starts to stir as Eddie Gilbert struts out…

Gordon Solie:  Gentlemen… this is neither the time nor the place. 

Eddie Gilbert:  Don’t worry Gordon.  I’ll take care of this low-life in just a little while in the ring.  Now Tom… Tom… It would be my pleasure to take you out… to end your career but after the wrong you did to Missy, it wouldn’t be fair for me to end your career and for Missy not to see it. 

Next we see Mid-South President, Ernie Ladd come to the podium..

Ernie Ladd:  Gentlemen, Mid-South is an organization where things get settled in the ring.  While I would love you two to wrestle all over Louisiana and beat the you know what out of each other and sell more and more tickets, I need to live by what I preach.  The ring is the equalizer.  Eddie… you did say you wanted Tom out of Mid-South Wrestling.  Tom… you said you want that match tonight.  So be it.  The match between you two has been changed to a No Disqualification, Loser-Leave Town Match.

As Ernie Ladd walks off, Tom Prichard is smiling while Eddie Gilbert is vehemently protesting.

Gordon Solie:  Well, it seems business is about to pick up.  We’ll be right back with the big match.

Before our next match, Woman, Lugerm Vader, Wahoo and Ivan Koloff are at the podium where they can’t believe how stupid Dr. Death, JYD and Murdoch are.  They explain that those 3 clowns didn’t stand a chance in a regular match against them, never mind a Handicap Match!

MATCH # 3

NO DQ- LOSER-LEAVE- TOWN

“The Doctor of Desire” Tom Prichard vs “Hot Stuff” Eddie Gilbert

Back and forth we go with Prichard controlling about 70% of the action.  The fans are really into this as they would like nothing better then to see the end of Hot Stuff Inc.  Problem is, Eddie Gilbert always seems to be one step ahead of others and it was no different here.  It was a all a trick.  About 7 minutes into the match, Missy Hyatt and Rick Steiner both hit the ring and the triple teaming begins.  With the No DQ stipulation, there is nothing the ref can do.  The end comes after Missy sprays the perfume in the eyes of Prichard and then Steiner and Gilbert connect with a Double Hot Shot on The Doctor of Desire.  Gilbert arrogantly steps on the chest of Prichard for the easy pin as the fans seem on the verge of rioting.

As Hot Stuff struts their way to the locker room, the camera catches a glimpse of Scott Steiner behind the curtain.  He is just shaking his head, presumably in disgust of his brothers’ actions. 

When Prichard recovers enough to exit the ring, he shakes hands with the fans as this will be the last he will be seen in Mid-South for the foreseeable future. 

MAIN EVENT MATCH

HANDICAP MATCH

Lex Luger, Vader, Wahoo McDaniel & Ivan Koloff with Woman vs

Dr. Death Steve Williams, JYD and “Captain Redneck” Murdoch

A great TV match where the fan favorites did a great job of holding their own but eventually the numbers game became too much for them and with all 7 men in the ring, Vader caught Murdoch with a powerbomb for the win. 

Gordon Solie:  Fans, this has been a tough hour.  Hopefully next week, things can start heading in a better direction.  I do want to wish Tom Prichard well as he does have a very bright future in wrestling.  We are all out of time.  Please join us again next week as we will be coming to you from the Civic Center in Monroe, Louisiana.  So long from the Pelican State.

DARK MATCHES:

Mike Rotundo with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie defeats Action Jackson with the Airplane Spin

Mid-South Tag Team Match:

Scott Steiner & Hercules Hernandez © defeated Killer Brooks &The Brookly Brawler after Hercules nearly broke Killer Brooks in half with the full nelson.

Credit to Williams, JYD & Murdoch for willingly going into a handicap match, even though it didn't work out of them.

Million Dollar Inc puts a brutal beatdown on their opponents. 

Gilbert with another master plan to send Prichard out of Mid-South.

The Super Destroyer returns and sets his sights on Duggan and the TV title.

Williams, JYD and Murdoch are fired up tonight. Although a handicap match might not be the best idea. 

Dibiase's investment is paying off as Nord does a number on Jake. 

Ok, Eddie's got something up his sleeve. 

Dibiase didn't get the job done and it's only a matter of time before Ladd signs the one on one. 

Oh man the Super Destroyer is back and is gunning for Duggan, this should be good. 

I knew it! Gilbert does it again. First the Freebirds and now Prichard. I wonder who's next? I wonder if Scott will be able to talk sense into his brother.

I figured the numbers game would be too much as the heels end the show with a win. 

Great storylines going! 

Lots to unpack here... I like the direction that you're going... Eddie Gilbert is an awesome sharpshooter right now. He is like a randy orton type character with these loser leaves matches. It is a great gimmick. You've got some great stuff at the top with JYD, Williams, and Murdoch... but those heels with Luger - Vader - Ivan - & Wahoo... that's a lot of beef! Speaking of beef... Dibiase is in the middle here but still relevant. I like that he's getting a story to follow him and build that interest. The direction of Mid South is great and I am a huge Fan of Luger at the top right now... one has to wonder what it would have looked like if the NWA gave him that same chance in 88.

k3C3tyN.png?1

Episode #4:  January 28, 1988

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very, very much indeed for turning into another episode of Mid-South Wrestling.  I’m Gordon Solie and it is my pleasure to be coming to you today from the Civic Center in Monroe, Louisiana.  What a show we have you today.  Eddie Gilbert (boos are heard from the crowd) and Rick Steiner will be in tag team action.  Jake “The Snake Roberts” will be taking on “Bad Man” Barry Horowitz.  The Super Destroyer will be making his in-ring return to Mid-South Wrestling and he is taking on none other than Scott McGhee.  Wahoo McDaniel and “The Russian Bear” will be taking on “Captain Redneck” Dick Murdoch and “All American” Steve Cox.  The Mid-South president, Ernie Ladd will be hear with a huge announcement and it our main event, The Mighty Goliath tries to get some measure of revenge against the Million Dollar Corporation and his old tag team partner Nord “The Barbarian.  That and much, much more.  It looks like the time keeper is ready to go.  Let’s head to the ring.

MATCH #1

Eddie Gilbert & Rick Steiner with Missy Hyatt defeat Verlon Biggs & Allen Martin after a Hotshot by Gilbert on Martin

Gordon Solie:  Gentlemen, a rather easy victory for you tonight.

Eddie Gilbert:  Tonight Gordon, tonight is meaningless.  I mean don’t you want to here my thoughts on the long gone Dr. of The Dumpster, Tom Prichard.

Gordon Solie:  Not particularly but I’m sure that won’t stop you.

Eddie Gilbert:  It’s time Mid-South Wrestling learns. “What Hot Stuff Inc says, is pure fact baby.”  We told you that I would send the Deadbirds packing… they have flown the coup!  I told you that Tom Prichard would be next… he is now hitchhiking across Lake Pontchartrain.  What ever Eddie Gilbert or Missy Hyatt says is going to happen, take it to the bank.

Gordon Solie:  While that me be true Mr. Gilbert but I must say, you have achieved your goals with some very questionable tactics indeed.

Missy Hyatt:  Are you kidding me Gordon.  You think our tactics are questionable but Michael Hayes played by the rules?  I don’t think so!  And Tom Prichard… you think its okay for a man to go around and kiss another man’s girl?  I thought you had some morals.  Hot Stuff Inc did what needed to be done and we should be thanked for riding Mid-South Wrestling of such lowlifes as Michael Hayes and Tom Prichard.

Gordon Solie:  Fair enough.  So what is next for your group?

Eddie Gilbert:  It seems like the Mid-South Tag Team Champions have been talking about how we run our business.  It might be time for Rick and I to show them what happens when they tell us how to run our business.

Gordon Solie:  And Rick… are you okay with taking on your brother Scott?

Eddie Gilbert:  Rick is a member of our family and we will show him how to be a champion.  Let’s go.

Gordon Solie:  I seem to have a hit a nerve with Mr. Gilbert.  Let’s go to break. 

COMMERCIAL BREAK -PROMO FOR THE RAPIDES PARISH COLISEUM IN ALEXANDRIA

MATCH #2

Jake “The Snake” Roberts with Paul Ellering defeats “Bad Man” Barry Horowitz with a DDT

Gordon Solie:  Congratulations Jake on another win.

Jake Roberts:  Thank you Gordon, but you know that this is not the win I want.  It’s Ted Dibiase I want.  He knows this but he is just wasting time, preventing the inevitable.  He is a procrastinator.  Mr. Dibiase… Procrastination is opportunity's natural assassin. Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday and avoiding today.

Suddenly Ted Dibiase with his North American title around his waist, Mike Rotundo, Nord “The Barbarian” and Sheik Adnan strut to the podium.

Gordon Solie:  Gentlemen, this is not the time nor the place…

Ted Dibiase smirks and is getting ready to speak when Mid-South President Ernie Ladd comes out.  Dibiase seems upset as he knows his Pearl Harbor job on Snake has been delayed.

Ernie Ladd:  Sorry to interrupt your um party but I have some very important information to pass along.  Mid-South Wrestling is returning to the Crescent City on Friday, February 10rd at the Lakefront Arena.  This will be our first show in New Orleans in 1988 and we hope to make this a great show for all the fans in the largest city in Louisiana.

Ted Dibiase:  And you felt like you had to tell us this now?

Ernie Ladd:  In fact Mr. Dibiase, I did.  You see Louisiana is the center of Mid-South Wrestling.  While we do love all our fans around the country that see us each week right here on the Superstation, Louisiana is the center of the action.  While, we do run some shows in Mississippi, Arkansas and Texas, Louisiana is the center of the Mid-South Wrestling.

Ted Dibiase:  We get it, Louisiana is the center but

Ernie Ladd:  Good, I’m glad you see that.  In fact, we run no shows outside of the areas I just mentioned.  We do not go to Canada for Mid-South Wrestling.  We do not go to Mexico for Mid-South Wrestling.

Ted Dibiase:  Round and round you go in circles Ladd.

Ernie Ladd:  Okay, let me explain it in simple terms for you.  Mr. Dibiase, that North American Title around your waist is a fake title.  I title that fake wrestling promoter Bill Watts created to sell tickets; a title he made to insult the fans of this area so as of now, there is no more North American title!  The title has been vacated and you Mr. Dibiase are no longer currently a champion of any kind in Mid-South Wrestling.

Ted Dibiase:  (face turning red)  Ernie Ladd, I am Mid-South Wrestling.  You have no right to…

Jake “The Snake” and Precious Paul are laughing….

Ernie Ladd:  Don’t worry Mr. Dibiase.  You will have a title shot on February 10d at the Lakefront Arena against our Louisiana Heavyweight Champion, Junkyard Dog! 

This does seem to appease Dibiase a bit but the Snake seems frustrated.

Ernie Ladd:  And don’t worry Mr. Roberts, you will get your match with Ted Dibiase at our next Lakefront Arena show which will be on March 10th. 

Nobody seems very happy but they are all satisfied as they leave the area.

Gordon Solie:  There you have it folks.  Ernie Ladd has spoken and next week, in the Lakefront Arena, it will be challenger Ted Dibiase vs Louisiana Heavyweight Champion Junkyard Dog! 

MATCH #3

The Super Destroyer dominates Scott McGhee with the end coming with a Superplex

Gordon Solie:  Sir, that was a rather dominating performance in your return to Mid-South Wrestling.

Super D:  Don’t worry Gordon.  I’m just getting starting and I have my sights set on the Mid-South TV title and Hacksaw Jim Duggan.  I’ve returned here to Mid-South because I believe the people need a champion they can respect.  He thinks he is a tough guy.  I’m going to show him what a tough man looks like.

As Super Destroyer walks off, Gordon Solie does say that he is very familiar with the Super Destroyer and that he is “double tough” and that Hacksaw Jim Duggan better be ready if and when these two meet in the ring. 

Next Woman, the Mid-South Champion Lex Luger and Vader come out to the podium to gloat about their handicap match victory when Wahoo McDaniel and Ivan Koloff teamed with them to defeat Dr. Death, JYD and Dick Murdoch.  You could tell that Gordon Solie was not very interested in the conversation and was relieved when Ernie Ladd came back out.

Ernie Ladd:  Woman… Lex… Vader, While I do not think winning a match 4 on 3 is a big deal, I am grateful you were man enough to solve your problems in the ring. 

Woman:  I am sure you meant no disrespect when you just said Man enough.  I am in charge around here and you better believe I am Woman enough to get the job done.

Ernie Ladd:  That being said, I do believe you and Lex disrespected Dr. Death during his Mid-South Wrestler of the Year ceremony a few weeks again.

Woman:  That is simply because it was an award that my champion, Lex luger, should have one.

Ernie Ladd:  Again, that is an opinion.  Here is Mid-South were don’t mix business with opinions.  Business is done in the ring and not outside of it.  Therefore, on February 10 in Lakefront Arena, it is going to be your men, Lex Luger taking on Dr. Death for the Mid-South Title. 

Woman and Lex and visible upset… 

Woman:  (regains her composure) This Mr. Ladd seems a bit redundant. My man Lex Luger just defeated Dr. Death in December and he will do it again. 

Ernie Ladd:  That may well be the case but this time, he will not have the help of Vader who will be suspended above the ring in a cage to ensure he doesn’t interfere in the match.

Woman, Luger and Vader are all fuming as Ladd simply walks off.

Gordon Solie:  February 10, Lakefront Arena.  It’s the place to be.  Let’s take a break.

Before our next match, Dr. Death, JYD, Steve Cox, and Dick Murdoch are all with Gordon Solie.  Dr. Death puts over his Mid-South Title match in two weeks against Lex Luger.  JYD is hyped about his Louisiana Title defense against Ted Dibiase on that same date.  Lastly, Dick Murdoch and Steve let everyone know exactly what they are going to do to Wahoo McDaniel and “The Russian Bear” Ivan Koloff in just a few minutes.

MATCH #4

Captain Redneck Dick Murdoch & All-American Steve Cox vs Wahoo McDaniel & “The Russian Bear”

All Murdoch and Cox have to do is head to the ring and they get a huge ovation as they are about to face off with two of the most hated men currently in all of wrestling.  As for the match, the fan favorites are all Wahoo and Ivan and beat them from pillar to post for about the first 3 minutes.  The problem came when Murdoch was hit be a small chain hidden in the trunks of Ivan as the ref tried to get Wahoo out of the ring.  As Murdoch staggered back into the corner, Wahoo quickly jumped off the apron and got the big Russian chain that Koloff brought to the ring.  Together, they tied Captain Murdoch to the ring post as the ref called for the bell.  Steve Cox tried to stop them and who was unjustly met with 3 spike piledrivers by Wahoo and Ivan.  As Ivan turned to go after Murdoch, the calvary, in the form of Dr. Death and JYD came to the rescue.  As Ivan and Wahoo headed for the hills, attention was quickly given to Steve Cox.

Next, a fired up and slightly bloodied Dick Murdoch comes to the podium.

Dick Murdoch:  Wahoo McDaniel, Ivan Koloff… I’m getting sick and tired of you two.  You two are a disgrace to this sport.  You two are a disgrace to this country.  You two want to come here earn a great living and then put down the people who put food in your mouth.  Tonight… you two went to far.  Steve Cox, a patriot, a young kid trying to break into the toughest sport in the world and you two hit him with 3 spike piledrivers.  You might have ended his career.  He is spending the next week if his lucky in a hospital bed.  I’ve had enough of you two…  I’ve been in this business a long time and made a lot of enemies … but I’ve also made some friends.  In fact, I’m gonna make a phone call right now.  It’s time for one someone to come home.  It’s time we fight fire with fire.  On February 10, I demand that you two meet me and my partner in the ring at the Lakefront Arena and then we’ll see who leaves the ring standing up and who gets carried out!

As Dick Murdoch leaves, Gordon is really concerned about the health of Steve Cox who is just getting stretchered off.  He is also very intrigued as to who Dick Murdoch was talking about.

MAIN EVENT MATCH

TV TIME REMAINING

Nord “The Barbarian with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs The Mighty Goliath

Interesting thing here is all of the people who came to the ring.  Accompanying Nord was Dibiase and Rotundo while Jake “The Snake”, Paul Ellering and the Mid-South tag champs, Hercules Hernandez and Scott Steiner, accompanied Goliath.

This bout started out much like a Lumberjack Match as all the men outside relished the opportunity to get a blow in against the enemy.  The problem was that after about 6 minutes of hard hitting action, Gordon Solie lets us know that we are out of time and that if anything major happens during the match, he will be sure to show it to us next week.

Gordon Solie:  Be sure to join us next week right here on the Superstation as we will becoming to you live from the Rapides Parish Coliseum and don’t forget the big show in less then two weeks from the Lakefront Arena in New Orleans on February 10th.  So long from the Pelican State.

Hot Stuff Inc is gunning for the tag titles. But we still don't have Rick's thoughts on fighting his brother.

Ladd gives Watts one final middle finger by retiring the North American title. But at least he gives Dibiase a shot at the Louisiana title to make up for it.

Super D looks to prove to Duggan who the real tough guy is.

Dr Death gets another crack at Luger with Vader hanging above the ring! I hope they find a reinforced cage.

Three Spike Piledrivers?! Cox is dead and Murdoch is pissed.

We run outta time during the main event. I'm sure nothing to crazy will happen after the cameras are off.

Hard to argue Gilbert's points. He did do everything he said he was going to do. Next step is the tag titles but will Rick be able to go against his brother? Gilbert may be so called family, but Scott is blood. Very intriguing. 

Ladd takes a serious shot at Watts and retires the NA title. One thing about Ladd is he's not afraid to ruffle the heels feathers. Looking forward to JYD and Dibiase, while Snake waits. Awesome Mid South angle with the biggest Mid South names. 

Super D and Duggan is going to be a banger! 

Ladd is making things happen. Luger vs. Death with Vader suspended in the cage. I have a feeling Woman will find a way around this. 

Damn! Cox gets the beating of a lifetime and does the stretcher job. Nuclear heat for Wahoo and Uncle Ivan. I can't imagine who Mudoch is bringing in. 

Your stories are being bult up so well with some great pay offs ahead. Mid South at its best! 

• 2 weeks later...

k3C3tyN.png?1

Mid-South Wrestling 1988:  Episode #5:  February 4, 1988

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very, very much indeed for turning into another episode of Mid-South Wrestling.  I’m Gordon Solie and it is my pleasure to be coming to you today from the Civic Center in Monroe, Louisiana.  We are less than one week away from the return to the city of New Orleans and Lakefront Arena.  Before the night is out, we will give you the entire card and trust me, it is one you will not want to miss.  As for our show tonight, we have a lot of great action instore for you.  You will be seeing Dick Murdoch taking on Killer Brooks.  Maybe we will get some information about who his tag team partner will be in New Orleans to take on Wahoo McDaniel and “The Russian Bear” Ivan Koloff.  Newcomer Lanny Poffo will be here, and he will be facing Scott McGhee.  The Mid-South Tag team champs, Hercules Hernandez and Scott Steiner will be taking on “Bad Man” Barry Horowitz and The Brooklyn Brawler.  The Super Destroyer looks to continue his winning ways against JT Southern and in our main event, it will be Mid-South Television Champion Hacksaw Jim Duggan taking on Mike Rotundo.  If that was not enough, we will be taking you back to the end of last week’s main event between The Mighty Goliath and Nord “The Barbarian.  We promised you that if anything major happened in that match, we would show you and BRO-ther, you will want to see this!  All that at much, much more.  It looks like the timekeeper is ready to go.  Let’s get to the ring.

MATCH #1

Dick Murdoch defeats Killer Brooks with the Brainbuster.

After the match, Dick Murdoch was at the podium talking about how he can’t wait to get to Lakefront Arena as he and his partner are going to give Wahoo McDaniel and Ivan Koloff just what they deserve.

Suddenly, Wahoo and Ivan come out to a chorus of boos.  Gordon Solie reminds them that they will be facing each other on just 6 days and that this is not the time nor the place for any problems.

Ivan Koloff:  Dick Murdoch… you said last week that Wahoo and myself were not good for wrestling.  You said we were not good for this country.  Are we supposed to be more like you?  A typical American.  A man who lies to all the people and says he has so many friends.  A man who says he just needs to make a phone call and people will run to his aid.  Typical American… lies to make himself seem important.

Wahoo McDaniel:  Murdoch… you and I go back a long, long way.  Sometimes, in fact, you seemed to make sense.  This is not you.  We’ve all heard you brag about how tough you are… about being from West Texas and all that other nonsense.  Now you’ve just turned yellow.  Instead of taking us on, you make up stories.  The Dick Murdoch I used to know was a fighter.  You’re just a coward.  I don’t like cowards.

Wahoo and Ivan move in on Murdoch who gets in a fighting stance.  Gordon Solie pleads for peace… Koloff throws a punch at Murdoch, but he blocks it.

The crowd erupts…

Wham… From behind it is none other than Hacksaw Butch Reed!

Murdoch just smirks as Reed tosses both Koloff and Wahoo around.  After a good, crowd-pleasing brawl that sees the heels get what they deserve, Murdoch tells Gordon, “It looks like I do have friends after all.”

COMMERCIAL BREAK -PROMO FOR THE LAKEFRONT ARENA, NEW ORLEANS

When we come out of break, Gordon takes us back to the end of last week’s show with Mighty Goliath taking on Nord “The Barbarian”

Accompanying Nord was Dibiase and Rotundo while Jake “The Snake”, Paul Ellering and the Mid-South tag champs, Hercules Hernandez and Scott Steiner, accompanied Goliath.  This bout started out much like a Lumberjack Match as all the men outside relished the opportunity to get a blow in against the enemy.  After the show went off the air, this match ended just like so many others have as everyone gets involved.  Rotundo hit the ring first after Goliath hit a running splash in the corner.  Dibiase followed next followed by Snake and the tag team champions.

For once, the fan favorites are the ones with the numbers advantage and they are having their way with Million Dollar Corporation…. That is until… Konga “The Barbarian” comes up from behind wielding a chair.  He clobbers Snake across the head.  With all the chaos, the rest of the wrestlers haven’t noticed him yet. 

WHAM:  Top rope shoulder block by Konga on Hercules Hernandez. 

With Konga taking out two wrestlers by himself, the tide has turned and by the end of this brawl, the heels own the ring!

As we come back to live TV, The Million Dollar Corporation (including Konga) is at the podium.

Ted Dibiase:  Jake Roberts… you talk about money being the root of evil and unhappiness.  While I may, in your eyes, be evil, right now I am truly happy.  Happy that I brought Konga back to Mid-South Wrestling.  Last you saw him, he was doing great work for Tully Blanchard and now he will do great work for me.  Gordon Solie, you asked why I bought and fired Goliath on the same day.  Well now you know why.  I have been searching for the greatest tag team in wrestling today to complete my corporation.  I believe that the Barbarians are just that.  Hercules Hernandez and Scott Steiner, I believe you days are numbered.  As for my Louisiana title match next week in New Orleans against Junkyard Dog, I am going to treat my opponent just like the mangy mutt he is. 

Gordon Solie:  It looks like you have everything planned out Mr. Dibiase.  Mr. Rotundo, you have a big match coming up tonight for the TV Title and Hacksaw Duggan.

Mike Rotundo:  Big match only because it will be the night the TV title returns to the Million Dollar Corporation.  As for my opponent, I am sorry to say, Hacksaw Duggan is a classless Neanderthal who I will easily defeat.

Gordon Solie:  Fair enough.  Thank you for your time gentlemen.  We need to get back to the ring.

MATCH #2

Lanny Poffo defeats Scott McGhee with the Senton Splash in a very even match

Gordon Solie:  A very impressive debut for Lanny Poffo.  We need to take a break. 

MATCH #3

MID SOUTH TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

Hercules Hernandez & Scott Steiner destroy “Bad Man” Barry Horowitz & The Brooklyn Brawler with the finish coming as Steiner hit the big clothesline on Horowitz

At the interview desk, Gordon Solie wanted the champions opinions on Eddie Gilbert’s claim that he and Rick Steiner will be the next tag team champions in Mid-South.

Scott Steiner:  Before we get to that comment by Eddie Gilbert, I want to go back to last week where he said that Rick was now part of his family.  Eddie… Rick might be an associate of yours.  He might currently be in your group but it is only because he has yet to figure out that you are using him.  This week in Lakefront Arena, it will be you and me in singles competition… tell Missy Hyatt to take a picture of you tonight… so she can remember what you used to look like.

Gordon Solie:  Strong words Scott but I understand family matters are difficult.  Now what about the Million Dollar Corporation and their new team of the Barbarians.

Hercules Hernandez:  The Barbarians… they look mean.  They look tough.  They look like they can take care of business.  In fact… they look an awful lot like Scott and myself.  I got in this sport because I like to hit people.  I can’t wait to face the Barbarians and see who hits harder.  We worked hard to get these titles and we are going to work just as hard to keep them.

Gordon Solie:  Seems like you two have a plan.  Good luck in New Orleans this week.  Next, I’d like to welcome in Jake “The Snake” Roberts and Precious Paul Ellering who are also having problems with Ted Dibiase and the Million Dollar Corporation.

Paul Ellering:  I heard Ted Dibiase out here before talking about how he is truly happy. How his money has allowed him to buy and sell whatever or whoever he wants to.  How his corporation is going to control all the titles in Mid-South Wrestling.  He sounds more like a king than a wrestler.  While your mind might be strong Dibiase, your body is not.  You’ve become spoiled.  You’ve become soft.  It’s not a title we seek Dibiase.  We know JYD will defeat you in New Orleans.  We know he will be the Louisiana Champion.  We also know, we will put Ted Dibiase out of wrestling.

Jake Roberts:  I agree with almost everything you just said Paul.  But Ted Dibiase is not the king.  As you said, he is getting soft.  He is getting round.  He is more like Humpty Dumpty than the King.  And you know what they say about Humpty Dumpty.  He had a great fall… and all the king’s men and all the kings horses couldn’t put Humpty back together again.  This is your fate Dibiase.  When I am done with you, there will be no putting you back together again.

Gordon Solie:  Ted Dibiase… It seems your happiness has made a lot of people angry.

When we come out of break, Missy Hyatt, Eddie Gilbert and Rick Steiner are at the podium.

Eddie Gilbert:  Gordon, just a question for you.  Who did you spend last Thanksgiving with.

Gordon Solie:  My family

Eddie Gilbert:  and what about a few weeks ago… Christmas.  Who’d you spend that with?

Gordon Solie:  I’m unsure what your point is.  We have a show to get to Mr. Gilbert.

Eddie Gilbert:  Please, just answer my last question.

Gordon Solie:  I was with my family.

Eddie Gilbert:  Exactly… families spend time with each other.  Do you know who I spent Thanksgiving and Christmas with.  Never mind.  I’ll tell you.  It was Missy and Rick.  That’s right… We’re family.  We may not be blood relatives, but we are more like family then Rick and Scott Steiner are.  I mean who does he think he is.  Out here before telling me to stay out of family business.  Is he kidding.  He wouldn’t know about family if his own little brat of a kid bite him on the ankles.

Missy Hyatt:  And then he has the nerve to tell me to take a picture of Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert because he won’t look the same.  Well listen up Scott Steiner… I do need to take a picture of Eddie because he will look differently when we are finally finished with you.  He will have a brand new, shiny belt around his waist.

Gordon Solie:  Ah huh.  And your thoughts on all of this Rick?

Eddie Gilbert:  I told you last week Gordon.  Missy and I do the speaking for Hot Stuff International.

Gordon Solie:  I see.  Can’t wait for the family reunion. 

Missy Hyatt:  Watch it Solie.

Gordon Solie:  Let’s get back to the ring.

MATCH #4

The Super Destroyer defeats JT Southern with the Superplex. 

A quick post-match interview has Super D thinking Mike Rotundo is about to become the new Mid-South TV champion but he hopes there is enough left of Hacksaw Jim Duggan so he can finish him off. 

After Super D leaves, Woman, and Lex Luger come out to hype up Luger’s Mid-South title defense against Dr. Death at Lakefront Arena.  Both seem confident… almost too confident. 

MAIN EVENT MATCH

MID-SOUTH TELEVISION TITLE MATCH

Mike Rotundo with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie defeats Hacksaw Duggan © by countout as Duggan ended up brawling with the Super Destroyer who came out to “watch” the match but managed to hit Duggan with a knee to the gut at one point as the action spilled out onto the floor.  Duggan was infuriated and forgot all about his match with Rotundo.  It was hard to tell if Rotundo was angry as he just joined in on the attack.  This 2-1 was short lived as JYD and Dr. Death rushed to his aid.

The show ended with these three top fan favorites hyping up their matches for this Friday at the Lakefront Arena. 

Gordon Solie:  Fans, I know you love watching our show right here every week on the Superstation but trust me, the action is even better in person.  If you are anywhere near New Orleans this Friday night, come out and join us at the Lakefront Arena.  It is going to be night to remember.  So long from the Pelican State.

Before the show goes off the air, we get a complete list of matches for The Lakefront Arena.

Super Destroyer vs Action Jackson

Vader with Missy Hyatt vs The Mighty Goliath

Hercules Hernandez vs Rick Steiner with Missy Hyatt

Scott Steiner vs Tom Prichard

Jake “The Snake” Roberts with Precious Paul Ellering vs Nord “The Barbarian” with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie

MID-SOUTH TELEVISION TITLE MATCH

Hacksaw Duggan © vs Mike Rotundo with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie

Hacksaw Butch Reed & Captain Redneck Dick Murdoch vs “The Russian Bear” Ivan Koloff & Wahoo McDaniel

SEMI-MAIN EVENT- LOUISIANA TITLE MATCH

JYD © vs Ted Dibiase with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie

MAIN EVENT:  MID-SOUTH TITLE MATCH 

(VADER IS SUSPENDED ABOVE THE CAGE IN HIS OWN CAGE)

Lex Luger © with Woman vs Steve “Dr. Death” Williams

Murdoch has at least one friend, and considering it's Butch Reed one may be ent.

Dibiase brings in Konga so he & Nord can form the team that was always meant to be.... The Barbarians!

A quietly successful debut for Poffo.

The tag champs look strong and are ready to take on both Hot Stuff Inc and the Barbarians.

Another great duel promo from Roberts & Ellering. Though I can't help but notice that Jake said he agreed with "almost everything" Paul said.

Eddie & Missy continue to keep Rick away from the mic 

Title or not, Super Destroyer is still gunning for Duggan.

Luger & Woman definitely have a plan.

Rotundo/Super D vs Duggan/Williams would make a hell of a tag match.

Butch Reed is a friend indeed! Great to see him back! 

I was hoping sooner or later this would happen. The Barbarians have joined forces! Can't wait for their inevitable showdown with Herc and Steiner. 

Poffo gets in an impressive debut. 

Herc and Steiner are some bad dudes. Loved the Jake and Ellering promos. 

Gilbert and Missy talked a lot about family but wouldn't let Rick get a word in. I wonder how long Rick is going to take this? 

Super D wants Duggan bad! 

Will Woman and Luger remain this confident come match time with Dr. Death? 

Thanks to Super D, Rotunda retains. Duggan's going to get his payback, only a matter of time. 

Gordon's right, I would love to see that Lakefront card live.