Pro Wrestling Only

Mid-South Wrestling Revolution

kevinmcfl

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After multiple backstage attacks, Estrada & Mulligan step into the ring 1 on 1.

Brian Adams is impressing the Mid-South faithful. Eddie & Missy are impressed as well.

Robley would be wise to head Solie's warning, you can only push Ladd so far.

The fans would've appreciated the update on Prichard.

Ivan & Solie's bickering is one of the best parts of the show.

Blanchard is making himself such an obvious suspect I'm starting to think it has to be someone else.

The show ends with a wild brawl between Hot Stuff Inc & The Freebirds which is highlighted by Brian Adams becoming the newest member of Hot Stuff Inc.

Some wild action in store for Shreveport this Monday night.

Ladd once again gives us what we want, Mulligan and El Jefe, one on one! Mulligan might want to think about bringing some backup. 

Adams is dominant and Hot Stuff has taken notice.

Robley makes a strong point tonight as his monsters lay out their upcoming opponents. Who can stop these guys? 

LOL, I always love the banter between Uncle Ivan and Gordon. 

Tully neither confirms nor denies his connection with El Jefe. The mystery continues. I'm loving this story.

All hell breaks loose in the main event! We now know Adams has join Hot Stuff Inc. He might regret this once Gordy gets his hands on him. Tremendous feud! 

Stacked card coming to Shreveport! 

SFSAsm4.png?2

UWF UPDATE:

October 4, 1987

Bill Watts has made true on his promise to take on Mid-South Revolution Wrestling in a head-to-head battle in the Louisiana-Houston area.  He has moved his weekly TV show from the Tulsa Civic Center to the Sam Houston Coliseum and this week alone, he ran house shows in both Houma and Thibadaux, Louisiana.  He is also set to go head-to-head next week in the Monday Night Wars with his own major show occurring in Lake Charles while Ladd is going to be running in Baton Rouge.

With Watts narrowing his territory, he did have temporary concerns of his bottom line.  He believes that these will be short term as he is looking for a quick victory over Ladd and thus believing that he will be returning to the Dallas, San Antonio and Oklahoma venues by winter.  In order to deal with this short-term cash flow problem, Watts released many of his mid-card wrestlers including Cocoa Samoa, Eric Embry, Danny Davis and in the words of Ted Dibiase, “the best tag team money can buy,” Fidel Sierra and Ricky Santana. 

These recent roster cuts have left the UWF void of any real tag teams, but it also added to the intrigue as Ted Dibiase, in his recent promos, is claiming that he fired Sierra and Santana because he was wrong.  While he thought they were the best tag team money could buy, he recently saw a tag team that was even better and just like all rich people do, he bought them, and they will soon be in the UWF.  There have also been rumors coming out of the UWF offices that Watts believed it was a mistake to vacate the UWF tag team titles and that he will soon be announcing the return of those titles.  How those titles will be filled has yet to be announced.

While you may think that by the mention a cash flow issues, Watt’s is struggling in his War against Ladd, this couldn’t be father from the truth.  The UWF roster is stacked with big names and the feuds are heating up.  Think back to the last show promoted by Perfectly Straightedge when a bag full of snakes surprised Ted Dibiase after his victory…. That’s right!   Jake “The Snake” Roberts is back and he has declared war on Ted Dibiase.  The way that the Million Dollar Corporation is set up now, it is Dibiase and Rotundo facing Snake and Hacksaw Duggan.  Also, throw in the Captain Dick Murdoch vs Big Van Vader feud along with other stars like Scott Steiner, Hercules Hernandez and Muta, Bill Watts is able to put on one great show after another.  Oh, don’t forget the money maker, the UWF champion, Lex Luger!

Bill Watts has announced his next big show which will be on Halloween as he has decided to go toe to toe with Ernie Ladd.  This event will be held in the Sam Houston Coliseum at will be shown live on regular tv compared to Ladd’s show being in pay per view.  Matches for those two big cards should be announced soon.

THE WAR IS ON!!!

It's fun have you created your own promotional war between Watts and Ladd that had a ton of history behind it to make it all mean more.

I think joining up with Hot Stuff Inc will be a good move for Adams and will speed up his development as a heel in the game.

Jake vs. Dibiase has a ton of great potential! 

Halloween is going to be interesting to say the least.

k3C3tyN.png?1

Oct. 15, 1987

Episode 16

7HFUdeP.png?1

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very, very much indeed to another week of Mid-South Revolution Wrestling.  I’m Gordon Solie, and it is my pleasure to be coming to you tonight from the Irish McNeil’s Boy’s Club in Shreveport, Louisiana.  What a show we had this past Monday in Shreveport where Blackjack Mulligan’s problems with the Cartel continuds and Hot Stuff Incorporated took a huge step forward in their Mid-South tag team title chase with a tainted win in 6 Man Competition over the Freebirds.  So much is happening here in Mid-South that we need to bring out the president of Mid-South, Ernie Ladd. 

Ernie Ladd:  Thank you Gordon.  I want to just restate that Mid-South Wrestling is a place where things get settled inside the ring.  This past Monday night in Shreveport, Blackjack Mulligan had Jose Estrada locked in the claw when he was attacked by the rest of the Cartel.  Blackjack left with a few bumps and bruises but did take home the winner’s share of the purse.  Mulligan came to me after the attack and was fuming.  He is sick and tired of the Cartel!  I told him the best I could do is give him a rematch today on TV and he quickly accepted.  I did warn him that to expect more of the same and he said he was ready for it!  Not sure what that means, but folks, be ready.  This could get interesting.  Also, as you said Gordon, Hot Stuff Inc. did get a win over the Freebirds this past Monday night.  To me, a win is a win.  Nobody out here complained when Michael Hayes used the chisel against Ron Wright’s team in the tournament to crown new tag team champs.  Nobody complained when Hayes used a low blow against Robley’s Monsters.  And nobody complained when Hayes chased Missy Hyatt away during the finals of that tournament and then proceeded to interfere in the match.  So, I don’t want to hear anything about a tainted win. 

Gordon Solie:  Fair enough Mr. Ladd.

Ernie Ladd:  Hot Stuff Inc. defeated the Freebirds.  End of story.  To me, this means that they deserve a title shot and they will get it at Halloween Havoc.  One last thing.  Just like the Freebirds get to choose he will wrestle and who will “manage,” so will Hot Stuff Inc.  They can pick between Eddie Gilbert, Rick Steiner or Brian Adams. 

Gordon Solie:  Wow, that is going to be one interesting match!

Ernie Ladd:  That’s not all.  Also at Halloween Havoc, we will see a rematch between Tully Blanchard at Junkyard Dog.  Tully, the Louisiana Heavyweight Champion, did not do us all proud this past week in Shreveport when he simply walked out of his match to save his title so this time at Halloween Havoc, the title will change hands on a DQ or count-out by the champion.

Gordon Solie:  I will tell you Mr. Blanchard will not like this stipulation.

Ernie Ladd:  Not for me to care about.  Also at Halloween Havoc, we will see Wahoo McDaniel vs Ivan Koloff.  These two will face each other this week in Baton Rouge and the winner will choose the stipulation for the match.

Gordon Solie:  I will bet you no matter the match is, this one will be a war!

Ernie Ladd:  And speaking of wars… Dr. Death Steve Williams will put the Mid-South title on the line against the Russian Nightmare, Nikita Koloff at Halloween Havoc.  If Nikita Koloff doesn’t win the title, he will not receive another title shot for a year!

Gordon Solie:  Thank you Mr. Ladd, Halloween Havoc is shaping up to be a great event.  As for tonight fans, hold on to your hats.  We have 5 great matches for you.  First it will be a Coin Toss Match as one member of the Freebirds will take on one member of Hot Stuff Inc.  Whichever team loses the coin toss will have to select their wrestler first.  This one could be very interesting.  Next, we will see JYD take on Vladimir Petrov.  Ivan Koloff will be taking on Baron Von Raschke in a match between two very dangerous veterans.    In tag team action, it is time for Colonel Buck Robely’s Army to step up in competition as it will be Nord “The Barbarian and the Mighty Goliath to take on “Canadian Strongman” Bill Kazmaier and Porkchop Cash.  And as we already heard, the main event will be a rematch between Blackjack Mulligan and “El Jefe” Jose Estrada.  This is going to be a great hour. Our timekeeper is ready.  Let’s get to the ring for our first match. 

COIN TOSS MATCH 

One member of the Freebirds vs One Member of Hot Stuff Inc.

All the Freebirds (Hayes, Roberts, & Gordy) along with all the members of Hot Stuff Inc. (Eddie & Doug Gilbert, Rick Steiner, Brian Adams and Missy Hyatt) all come out to the podium and are jarring back and forth with each other as Gordon Solie explains the rules.  Eddie is strutting around, talking about how it is his time to take out a Freebird just like he did to “The So-Called Dr. of Desire,” Tom Prichard.  The Freebirds are smacking their lips at the chance to get Eddie into the ring.  Gordon tells Eddie he can call the toss in the air.

Gordon flips the coin.

Eddie Gilbert:  Tails!

Gordon Solie:  Tails it is.  Freebirds, you will have to pick which member of your team will wrestle in the match first.

The Freebirds huddle around and you can basically hear them all arguing as each wants the match.    Finally Michael Hayes steps to the mic.

Michael Hayes:  Gordon, this is my match.  I brought Tom Prichard into the Freebirds and tonight I going to beat Eddie Gilbert into an inch of his life brother.  It’s time to pay the pied piper.  It’s time to answer the call Eddie.  It is time for you and me settle this mono y mono. 

Gordon Solie:  Well I guess there you have it… Michael Hayes vs Eddie Gil

Missy Hyatt:  Hold on just a second Gordon.  We did not make our selection yet.

Gordon Solie:  Well, the way Eddie was talking, I was sure it would be him. 

Missy Hyatt:  As we’ve said before, Hot Stuff Inc. is a training school for young wrestlers and what better training then learning how to shut up a loud mouth like Michael Hayes.  Brian, (she turns to Brian Adams) you are our newest trainee; I think this would be great experience.

zD7ou1l.png?1

Eddie studders as if he is surprised by this and argues that he really wanted the match… but then he says that he understands Missy’s reasoning and agrees that it should be Brian Adams.  The Freebirds are all yelling at Gilbert and calling him chicken.  Gilbert pretends to stand up to them, but Missy just pushes him toward the ring. 

The problem with this match is that all the Freebirds and Hot Stuff surround the ring as Hayes and Adams go to battle.  As for the action, it is pretty even for the most part.  The problem for Adams is that Hayes is as dirty as they come.  After a pin attempt with a fistful of trunks by Hayes, Eddie and Missy jump up on the apron and begin arguing with ref Scrappy McGowan.

WHAM…. Low blow by Hayes while the ref wasn’t looking.

WHAM…. Running Bulldog by Hayes.

khcbXfw.png?1

1…2…3!.

Gordon Solie: And here we go.  All the members of both sides are in the ring.  Steiner is going toe to toe with Gordy.  Hayes is all over Eddie Gilbert.  Buddy Roberts off the top rope of Doug Gilbert.  Missy is running around clawing people all over the ring.  She is like a possessed cat!  Folks, we have to go to break.            

COMMERCIAL BREAK-PROMOS FOR MONDAY @ THE RIVERSIDE CENTROPLEX-BATON ROUGE

When we come out of break, Gordon reviews the chaos we have just seem and hypes up the title match at Halloween Havoc! 

MATCH

Junkyard Dog vs Vladimir Petrov

A real power struggle without the hint of a technical move.  The two big men go toe to toe until Petrov gains the momentum with some questionable tactics.  Dog does a great job playing the face in peril and after a good beating, slowly makes his way back on top in the match with the finish coming after a huge Thump by JYD.  Interesting note here was that the Koloff’s never made their way to the ringside.

BcVYJi4.png?1

Dog gives a great promo after the match where he is all excited about his Louisiana Title match against Tully Blanchard at Halloween Havoc when suddenly, the interview is interrupted by Blanchard and Dark Journey. 

ahkdaAn.png?1

The confrontation is full of racial undertones as Tully keeps calling JYD, Boy, and he wants to know how this Boy, got his other Boy (Ernie Ladd) to agree to stipulations that no other champion had to deal with.  Dog is so made that he walks about to the ring with his fists rolled in a ball as he is almost shaking with anger.

WHAM… from out of nowhere, its El Jefe and the Cartel! They are all over Dog.  Tully and Dark Journey simply walk away with a smirk on their face.

The Cartel, get a good minute or two triple teaming JYD before Blackjack Mulligan rushes out swinging a chair and bust TNT over the head.  TNT is out like a light as the rest of the Cartel drag him to safety.         

As Gordon takes us to break:

Gordon Solie:  It’s getting real hard for me to believe that Tully Blanchard is not El Gringo Grande.  Every attack by the Cartel seems to benefit him.    

Before our next bout, JYD, with a towel around his bloody head, is back with Gordon and is yelling about what he is going to do to Tully in two weeks at Halloween Havoc and how Tully had the Cartel attacked him tonight with hopes of keeping the Dog from the Superdome in two weeks but nothing is going to stop the Dog from taking the Louisiana Title.      

The promo ends with a fee barks and howls from JYD and Gordon is actually laughing about how resilient JYD is and that Tully better be ready.    

MATCH:

Ivan Koloff vs Baron VonRaschke

Another pretty even bout that saw Ivan start working on the back of Baron after Baron got rammed into the corner.  We see a few Bearhugs by Ivan but Baron wouldn’t quit.  Eventually we see Ivan drag Baron out and then hit him with the big chain Ivan brought to the ring.  Ivan could care less about the ref calling for the bell and hit Baron a few more times.

Ivan is joined by Nikita at the podium

Gordon Solie:  Mr. Koloff, I must say that attack was completely uncalled for. 

YWgRcTh.png?1

Ivan Koloff:  I no care what is called for anymore.  Ernie Ladd, the boss man, thinks he can frighten us.  He thinks because of American propaganda; American capitalism; American Made up Holiday of Halloween that we are scared.  I will beat Wahoo McDaniel Monday night in Baton Rouge and then we will see how he deals with my specialty, a Russian Chain Match at Halloween Havoc.

Nikita Koloff:  And what’s this Ernie Ladd.  You give me one last time title shot for year!!  So what, Nikita only need one title shot.  Dr. Death…. You are finished!

Gordon Solie:  I must say that I disagree with almost everything out of their mouths, but I wouldn’t want the Koloffs coming after me.  Wahoo and Dr. Death better be on their “A” game in the Superdome!

As we come out of break, Wahoo and Dr. Death are with Gordon Solie

Gordon Solie:  Gentlemen, I’m sure you just heard what the Koloff’s had to say.  What are your thoughts?

Kzqoql8.png

Wahoo McDaniel:  I’m not going to stand up hear and take anything away from Ivan Koloff.  I don’t like the man.  I don’t respect the man, but I do know what he is capable of doing in the ring.  Now that doesn’t mean I’m afraid of him.  I will say that I would rather face him in my specialty, an Indian Strap Match, than I Russian Chain match but whatever it turns out to be in the Superdome, I am going to finish that Russian once at for all! 

ShSo9nu.png?4

Dr. Death:  Nikita, you said you only need one match to take my title….  I guess that’s true but so far I have met you many times and each and every time I have walked out with the belt.  I will do the same at Halloween Havoc. 

MATCH

Nord “The Barbarian & Mighty Goliath with Colonel Buck Robley vs “Canadian Strongman” Bill Kazmaier & Porkchop Cash

Bill Kazmaier is one of the few men in Mid-South who can match up with Robley’s Army,

but he was soon neutralized as Robley clobbered him with the loaded forearm.  This left poor Porkchop to deal with the two monsters by himself and this went about as poorly as you would expect.  After Nord hit the inverted suplex, it was all she wrote except for the fact that Robley was screaming at Goliath to continue the punishment. 

23ZklyA.png  

Multiple Giant Splashes later, Goliath mercifully pinned Cash.  Gordon was once again calling for help from the back as medics were needed to get Cash out of the ring. 

As Gordon was berating Robley about the unnecessary violence, Robley blamed Ernie Ladd as he reminded everyone that he warned Ladd and Mid-South Wrestling that people were going to get hurt the longer he made his team wait for a title shot.  Robley let everyone know that Cash was just the latest victim but would not be the last if they didn’t get a title shot. 

MAIN EVENT MATCH:

Blackjack Mulligan vs Jose Estrada

J5MdPU1.jpg?2

As you would expect, this one is all Mulligan who has a lot of getting even to do with El Jefe.  Mulligan eventually locks in the Brain Claw but and as you would expect  …. Konnan and Taz rush out to save their leader. 

Gordon Solie:  Oh, here we go again.  The Cartel can never fight an even match.  Taz and Konnan are in the ring…. Waitaminute…. Waitainute… is that who I think it is? 

nfhiQXt.png      9DwUVke.png

Yes… its Ron Garvin and Terry Taylor.  They hit the ring and are all over the Cartel!  Mulligan told us he had friends and he wasn’t kidding.  Garvin, Taylor, and Mulligan are really giving it Estrada and his partners.  BRO-THER , The Cartel has messed with the wrong group here!  Sorry folks we are out of time.  Make sure to join us Baton Rouge this Monday night for another great show.  So long from the Pelican State. 

Ladd continues his even-handed nature before unveiling some huge matches for Halloween Havoc. Hot Stuff Inc gets a title match with the setting to choose which two to send in, Tully defends against JYD with no champions advantage, Wahoo & Ivan continue their war while Nikita gets one last shot at Dr Death.

Hot Stuff tries to pull a fake out but it doesn't work out for them. A dirty Hayes win leads to a pier-six brawl.

So as soon as the Dog gets a title shot against Tully, El Gringo Grande puts a hit on him. How "convenient".

Robley's beasts live up to his promise to start hurting people until they get their shot at the tag titles.

Mulligan finally gets some backup & what backup it is in Ron Garvin & Terry Taylor. I predict some stiff multi-man matches ahead.

Ladd's the man! He tells it like it is and sets the stage for Halloween Havoc. 

LOL, Gilbert cracked me up as if he really was going to wrestle Hayes. Adams did find out how dirty Hayes can get.

Hmmmm, is Tully El Gringo Grande? Whatever the case, he better be ready for JYD. 

Uncle Ivan is viscous tonight. Loved the promos with Koloffs, Wahoo and Williams. Halloween Havoc will be money. 

Porkchop is Robley's latest victim. I think Ladd might have to find a team that matches up with them. 

Well we knew the Cartel would interfere, but Mulligan had two aces up his sleeve in Garvin and Taylor. Two very reliable allies. This feud's got some serious heat going. 

Great job building to Havoc! Can't wait! 

MONDAY NIGHT WRESTLING WAR!

k3C3tyN.png?1

Promoted by Ernie Ladd

The Riverside Centroplex 

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Monday October 16, 1987

Bell Time: 7pm

“Irish” Scott McGhee defeated The Brooklyn Brawler with a running bulldog

Blackjack Mulligan defeats Koonan by pinfall with the Brain Claw as Terry Taylor and Ron Garvin held off the rest of the Cartel from getting involved.

Col. Buck Robley’s Army (Nord “The Barbarian & Mighty Goliath) destroyed Verlon Biggs & Caleb Johnson as Nord hit multiple Inverted Suplexes on Caleb Johnson as he, unfortunately, became the latest victim of Robley’s Army to be stretchered out.

Winner Picks the Match Type at Halloween Havoc

Ivan Koloff defeated Wahoo McDaniel as Ivan was able to hit Wahoo with a pair of brass knuckles without Scrappy McGowan seeing. 

6-Man Texas Tornado Match

Hot Stuff Inc. (Eddie Gilbert, Brian Adams, and Rick Steiner) defeated The Freebirds for the second time in two weeks as the ref was unable to see everything as Missy Hyatt raked the eyes of Michael Hayes and then he walked right into as German Suplex for the pin. 

LOUSIANA TITLE MATCH

Tully Blanchard © with Dark Journey defeated The Spoiler by submission with the figure four after Dark Journey jumped up on the apron and distracted the Spoiler.  This allowed Tully to take out his right knee and from their he went to work on the lower extremities to weaken the Spoiler.  (Gordon Solie would have had a field day with naming all of the injured tendons and ligaments involved in this one)

SEMI-MAN EVENT

Nikita Koloff vs JYD ended in a double count-out as they brawled all over the building.  One thing for sure is that they both looked ready for the title shots they are getting at Halloween Havoc. 

MID-SOUTH TITLE MATCH

Dr. Death Steve Williams defeated Ray “The Crippler” Stevens with Ron Wright by pinfall after he hit the Oklahoma Stampede.  Just before the finish, Ron Wright tossed Crippler his chisel but Dr. Death caught it.  Instead of using it on the Crippler, he simply bent the steel weapon into a pretzel.  The look of fear on Wright’s face at the pure power of Dr. Death was pure classic!

SFSAsm4.png?2

Promoted by “Cowboy” Bill Watts

The Civic Center   

Lake Charles, Louisiana

Monday October 16, 1987

Bell Time: 7pm

Muta defeats “The Fabulous Blonde” Ken Timbs with the Moonsault

Scott Steiner & Hercules Hernandez defeat Moondog Rex & Killer Brooks despite the dirty tactics of Rex and Brooks.  In the end, Hernandez got the submission victory on Brooks when he nearly crushed Brooks in the full nelson.  Also, of note here was that not only was Bill Watts poaching on Ernie Ladd’s territory, he seemed to steal some of his talent also as Rex and Brooks were last seen in Mid-South Revolution Wrestling.

Chris Benoit defeats “Gorgeous” Rip Rogers after a diving headbutt from the top rope.  Rogers was complaining after the bout that he couldn’t focus because all the woman were screaming his name.  He said that he understands with all the slobs in Louisiana that the woman have never seen a physical specimen like Rip before but that they need to show some respect.

Avalanche & Earthquake with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie crushes Tom Stone & Joe Jackson with double giant squashes.  This must be the tag team that Ted Dibiase was talking about after he dumped Fidel Sierra and Ricky Santana.  After the match, one kid in the stands was heard asking U.S. Steel (Avalanche) how he could sell out to Dibiase, and The Sheik and his simple response was “money talks kid.”

NON-TITLE MATCH:

Jake “The Snake” Roberts defeated TV Champion Mike Rotundo with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie by DQ as Avalanche and Earthquake interfered in the match after Snake hit a DDT on Rotundo.  Interesting thing here was that Scott Steiner and Hercules Hernandez rushed the ring to make the safe.  It seems that we have some of that tag team competition starting that Bill Watts hinted at last week.

North American Title Match

Ted Dibiase © with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs Dick Murdoch ended in a violent, bloody, 30 minute time limit draw.  Murdoch begged the ref for 5 more minutes but Dibiase was satisfied with his title defense and headed back to the locker room.

UWF TITLE MATCH

Lex Luger © defeated Big Van Vader with Woman in a war that saw both men with many nearly pinfalls.  Vader almost won the title after Lex tried to put Vader in the torture rack but collapsed.  Luger kicked out at 2 ¾ and played the face in peril really well here.  Eventually, he got the win after connecting with back to back clotheslines. 

The Mid-South show sees Blackjack get his first bit of payback on the Cartel with a win over Konnan.

Robley's army continue to send opponents to the med-bey.

Looks like we're getting a Russian chain match at Halloween Havoc.

Hot Stuff Inc takes advantage of the chaos to score another win on the Freebirds.

Dark Journey helps her man retain the Louisiana title.

Nikita & JYD give Baton Rouge a classic brawl.

Dr Death beats Wright's man & breaks his favorite toy all at once!

I'd say that the UWF show definitely had the better opener with Muta standing tall.

Scott & Hercules make an imposing team as Rex & Brooks find out.

Benoit gets the w but Rogers certainly made a impression with that post match promo.

Looks like Ted & the Sheik found a pair of Natural Disasters!

Money Inc's new monsters try to take out the snake but Steiner & Hernandez are there to make the save.

Dibiase takes the cowards way out after the draw with Murdoch.

Vader was too big for the rack but Luger chops him down to retain the title.

What a war it was!

Ladd's card,

Mulligan has good back up with Taylor and Garvin. 

Robley continues to send powerful messages. 

Wahoo better be ready because Uncle Ivan gets to choose the stipulation. 

Hot Stuff Inc once again gets the best of the Freebirds. Will they win the titles?

Nobody works lower extremities like Tully.

Nikita and JYD get each other ready for their upcoming title shots. 

Williams shows his strength and scares Wright LOL. Nice to see Stevens get one last shot at a title. 

Watt's card,

You know it's going to be an exciting night when you see a moonsault in the opener.

Steiner and Herc, there's a powerhouse team. 

LOL, even in a losing effort, Rip Rogers still gets over.

The Natural Disasters have arrived. Amazing what money can buy. 

The match ends with a DQ, but at least the fans get to see the DDT. Seems like the tag division is heating up. 

Dibiase and Murdoch still have the heat and once again deliver.

Big title defense for Luger as he puts down Vader.

No doubt about it, Ladd and Watts deliver 2 top notch cards. This fight is in full swing now. 

Two great cards that really highlights your roster.

Gonna give Watts the slight edge on this one but it's very close.

Hot Stuff Inc are really building up steam here!

Steiner and Hercules is a fun and Steiner would really benefit teaming with a guy like Herc who has been around a while at this stage in career.

Solid defense for Luger putting down Vader!

I feel like this transition has gone really well and now we're seeing some different mixes that showcase this as the top roster in the game. Luger is making an effort to be the top champion in the game for sure and with a win over Vader... it means a lot. I am very keen on Muta's build as the next big thing when it comes to this group but he will have some serious fighting to do in order to get to the top.  I love that Dibiase walked away from the extra five minutes...maybe have it be revealed he paid off the ref lol.

THE BATTLE OF THE HALLOWEEN HAVOCS

PREVIEW SHOW

k3C3tyN.png?1

v1vT0wK.png

OCTOBER 31, 1987

LOUISIANA SUPERDEOM

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIAN

(Can be seen on pay per view)

Mighty Goliath & Nord “The Barbarian” with Colonel Buck Robley

vs

“Canadian Strongman” Bill Kazmaier & Action Jackson

Background:  Col. Robley has vowed to continue to “allow” his team of monsters to injure other wrestlers until Ernie Ladd grants his team a Mid-South Title shot.  So far, that list includes Italian Stallion, Baron VonRaschke and Porkchop Cash who might have to retire from the brutal attack.  The question here is if Kazmaier’s strength and Action Jackson’s agility for a big man can take either Goliath or Nord off their feet and get the victory or will one of them become the latest victim for Robley’s Army.

Terry Taylor vs TNT

Background:  Terry Taylor and Ron Garvin recently in Mid-South to help Blackjack Mulligan deal with the Cartel.  Tonight, Taylor better be ready for anything as The Cartel seems to travel in a pack.

Ron Garvin vs Koonan

Background:  Check match above

RUSSIAN CHAIN MATCH

Ivan Koloff vs Wahoo McDaniel

Koloff, with the help of his Russian compadres, defeated Wahoo a few weeks ago and was given the right to chose the stipulation for this match… hence the Russian Chain match.  How did we get to this point of violence?  Well the Russians (The Koloffs & Vladimir Petrov) and Steve “Dr. Death” Williams, Junkyard Dog and Wahoo McDaniel) have been battling for Mid-South supremacy since Ernie Ladd started this company and Halloween Havoc will have a lot to say about which group has the upper hand.

MID-SOUTH TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

The Freebirds (Terry Gordy & Michael Hayes) vs Hot Stuff Inc (Rick Steiner & Eddie Gilbert) with Missy Hyatt

STEEL CAGE MATCH

Blackjack Mulligan vs “El Jefe” Jose Estrada

Each and every time Mulligan has had a big match in Mid-South he has been attacked by the Cartel.  These attacks were especial prevalent during Mulligan’s matches with Louisiana Heavyweight Champion Tully Blanchard.  El Jefe, the leader of the Cartel says the attacks are simply about “el dinero” and that “El Gringo Grande” is paying them very well to attack Mulligan.  Mulligan, tired of the attacks, demanded a Steel Cage match with El Jefe to prevent the rest of the Cartel from getting involved.  This match should help to answer a lot of questions. 

LOUISIANA TITLE MATCH

(Title changes hands on a DQ or a Count-out)

Tully Blanchard with Dark Journey vs Junkyard Dog

Background:  JYD recently earned a Louisiana Title Match against Blanchard and when it looked like the Dog was going to win the title, Dark Journey pulled the Dog out of the ring and the duo simply quit the match.  This lead to Ladd giving JYD a rematch and included the above stipulations to keep Blanchard from doing any more shenanigans. 

MID-SOUTH TITLE MATCH

Steve “Dr. Death” Williams © vs Nikita Koloff

(If Nikita loses, he doesn’t get another title shot for a year)

Background:  This feud must end!  Enough said.

SFSAsm4.png?2

v1vT0wK.png

OCTOBER 31, 1987

SAM HOUSTON COLISEUM

HOUSTON, TX

(Can be seen on live TV)

Muta vs El Santo Negro

The Background:  Muta has been on a role of late and expectations are that he will continue on it here in the opener but El Santo Negro is no slouch.  Exciting, fast-paced opener here.

Chris Benoit vs Rip Rogers

Nobody can argue that both of these guys have some skill and are about the same size but that is where the similarities end.  Benoit is all business and Rogers is all show.  Let’s see which one wins out here.

UWF TV TITLE MATCH

Mike Rotundo © with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan

The Background:  Sheik’s Army has gotten a lot of people really angry of late including Hacksaw Jim Duggan.  Question is can the Sheik and Rotundo survive this one. 

TEXAS STREET FIGHT

Dick Murdoch vs Big Van Vader with Woman

The Background:  When Vader needed a partner to go after Luger, Woman sought out and got one heck of a partner in Captain Redneck, Dick Murdoch.  The problem was that Vader seemed to abandon Murdoch in a match which sent Murdoch into a rage.  Woman has been able to get a lot of men to do what she wanted but this may be different.  An angry Murdoch might about the most dangerous thing in all of wrestling.  Same can be said for Vader!  This one is going to be wild.  Throw in Woman and anything could happen.

NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH

Ted Dibiase © with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs Jake “The Snake” Roberts

Money has bought an awful lot of things for Dibiase recently.  He has Mike Rotundo, the UWF TV champion and Earthquake and Avalanche to watch he back.  He also has a manager willing to do anything to keep his stable at the top.  The one thing his money can’t seem to buy is an ounce of fear in Jake Roberts.  In fact, ever sense Dibiase opened that bag that he thought contained money and saw the giant snake slither out, he seems to be the one on edge.  These two seem to be dead even in terms of talent.  Dibiase might have the edge in a support staff but The Snake may one up even Dibiase in the mental game.  This one is sure to be a classic with the winner maybe on top of all the UWF.

TAG TEAM TITLE BOUT TO CROWN THE VACATED UWF TAG TITLE

Scott Steiner & Hercules Hernandez vs Typhoon & Earthquake with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie

The Background:  Bill Watts realizes he made a mistake when he vacated the UWF tag team titles so he is trying to right a wrong while at the same time selling some tickets.  In recent weeks, these two teams have risen to the top of a somewhat depleted tag team division so Watts pushes them right into a title bout.  One thing for sure is that there is a lot of beef in the ring.  The only question is who leaves with the titles.  Can Dibiase and “the best tag team money can buy” come one step closer to owning all the gold in the UWF or can Hercules Hernandez guide his young but very dangerous partner to the title!

TITLE VS TITLE MATCH

UWF Champion Lex Luger vs AWA Champion Bad News Brown

Background:  This past week, UWF President Bill Watts was seen coming out of a meeting with AWA President Jeff Jarret in Memphis.  Next thing we know, we have a title vs title match between UWF Champion Lex Luger and former Mid-South and current AWA Champion Bad News Brown.  Could this be Watts trying to find an ally in his feud with Ernie Ladd?  Maybe Watts is realizing he is losing his stranglehold on Louisiana wrestling and is looking for a merger with the AWA.  Nobody knows for sure but this is going to one HUGE main event!

First can I just say it is delightfully petty of Watts to go "oh yeah? We'll I'll have my own show & I'll call it Halloween Havoc too but I'll put mine on free TV!"

Honestly I think Ladd's put together the better all-around card but Watts pulled off a major coup with his main event. Cutting a deal with Jarrett to bring in the AWA World Champion? That's a game changer for sure.

These cards are stacked! Both Ladd and Watts are going all out.

Ladd might have the edge with those barn burner feuds to blow off. On the flip side, Watts throws a massive curveball with the title vs. title main event. And let's not forget Dibiase vs. Jake! 

Halloween will be a dream wrestling day for the fans. I know I can't wait! 

k3C3tyN.png?1

v1vT0wK.png

OCTOBER 31, 1987

LOUISIANA SUPERDEOM

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIAN

(Can be seen on pay per view)

Mighty Goliath & Nord “The Barbarian” with Colonel Buck Robley defeated “Canadian Strongman” Bill Kazmaier & Action Jackson after Goliath followed up an inverted suplex by The Barbarian with a Giant Splash off the middle rope on Action Jackson.  This was all made possible after Robley clobbered Kazmaier in the temple with a loaded forearm smash.  As Jackson was stretchered out, Robley could be heard yelling “Ladd… you allowed another one of your wrestlers to get injured… Give us the title show or else another we feel our wrath!

Terry Taylor vs TNT…. Interesting thing here was that Ron Garvin accompanied Taylor to the ring and Koonan accompanied TNT.  These two were to square off in the next bout on the card but it seemed like nobody wanted to wait.  Before the bout started, all 4 were brawling in the center of the ring.  Ernie Ladd came out and demanded order and the four reluctantly paused.  Ladd made an executive decision and changed this bout into a tag team match and the brawl quickly continued.

In the end, Taylor and Garvin got the win as Taylor connected with a flying forearm on TNT and got the pin.  The victory was short lived as Taz rushed the ring and the Cartel, with the numbers advantage, went to work on the fan favorites.  When all was said and done, Taylor and Garvin might have got the win but they looked the worse for wear.  The Cartel seems to operate like most gangs… No Rules and Do What You Want! 

RUSSIAN CHAIN MATCH

Ivan Koloff vs Wahoo McDaniel ended in a bloody and violent Double Count-out as Wahoo, using the chain, tossed Koloff through the ropes and followed him out onto the floor where the battle continued.  Give each man his due as neither gave an inch.  Ref Scrappy McGowan tried his best to get them back in the ring, but both were more interested in fighting than winning.  Eventually the braw continued all the way up the ramp and behind the curtain.  We will have to wait for the next TV show to find out what happened back there.  While the fans wanted a victory for Wahoo, they were still talking about the violence of this one as the headed for the doors. 

MID-SOUTH TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

The Freebirds (Terry Gordy & Michael Hayes) defeated Hot Stuff Inc (Rick Steiner & Eddie Gilbert) with Missy Hyatt in a wild finish.  Missy Hyatt clobbered Terry Gordy with a loaded purse on the outside of the ring and Eddie Gilbert and Missy rolled Gordy back into the ring.  While the ref was admonishing Gilbert and Hyatt for their out of the ring activity, Steiner covered a knocked out Terry Gordy. 

Wham… Michael Hayes with a slapjack to the back of Steiner’s head.  Hayes then drags Gordy on top of Steiner…

The ref, Gilbert and Hyatt saw none of this.  Eddie and Missy were actual turned to the crowd.  When the ref turned back, he saw Gordy on top of Steiner and made the 3 count.  Missy and Eddie actually counted with the ref as they faced the crowd….

When they turned back to the ring, they were in shock as Michael Hayes was smiling like the cat who ate the canary. 

STEEL CAGE MATCH

Blackjack Mulligan vs “El Jefe” Jose Estrada

Ernie Ladd gave Blackjack just what he wanted in this match… a steel cage match.  Mulligan wanted El Jefe all by himself instead of having to deal with the entire Cartel at some point.  As for the match, both men had time on top and used the cage to their advantage.  El Jefe was bloodied after Mulligan raked his forehead back and forth across the steel mesh while El Jefe followed up a low blow by whipping Mulligan into the cage over and over again.  As we head to the finish, Mulligan has the adrenaline pumping and is shaking off everything Estrada throws at him.  Eventually, we see Mulligan start throwing huge right hand after huge right hand. 

WHAM…Mulligan tosses Estrada face first into the cage.  Estrada is down. 

WHAM… Mulligan with a huge leg drop!

Estrada is flat on his back in the center of the ring.  Mulligan shows the fans the big hand as he calls for the Brain Claw.

Mulligan has it locked in.  Estrada gives a few convulsions as he tries to shake free but he has no chance.  Estrada is wearing a crimson mask as blood is dripping down his head.

The ref begins the three count, but Mulligan pulls El Jefe up to stop the count.  The refs admonishes Mulligan doesn’t seem to care.  Blackjack is not done extracting his revenge on Estrada.

The crowd begins to stir.  You can actually hear them gasp… Could it be?

From under the ring, carrying a sledgehammer, and wearing a T-Shirt that says…. EL GRINGO GRANDE!!

Its Tommy Rich!

Rich enters the ring, but Mulligan knows nothing of it. 

WHAM… Wildfire clobbers Mulligan with the wooden handle of the sledgehammer!

Mulligan drops.  Wildfire with another sledgehammer blow to the legs of Mulligan. 

Wildfire locks in the Figure 4 on the injured leg and goes to work, using the ropes for added leverage.  Ron Garvin and Terry Taylor rush the ring but there is nothing they can do as they are stuck outside the steel cage. 

Eventually, Garvin and Taylor climb over the cage, but Wildfire and El Jefe leave through the door.  Taylor and Garvin rush to the aid of Mulligan, who they will eventually carry to the back.  As Rich and Estrada ran back to the locker room, they were pelted with debris the entire way.

LOUISIANA TITLE MATCH

(Title changes hands on a DQ or a Count-out)

Junkyard Dog defeated Tully Blanchard with Dark Journey by DQ as referee Scrappy McGowan, who was knocked out of the ring, recovered just in time to see Tully Blanchard hit JYD with a chair.  Due to the stipulations of the match, the title did change hands.  Tully was fuming at Ernie Ladd and the rules of the match as he wrestled with Scrappy over the belt before finally relinquishing his grasp on the Louisiana title.

MID-SOUTH TITLE MATCH

Steve “Dr. Death” Williams © vs Nikita Koloff

(If Nikita loses, he doesn’t get another title shot for a year)

No need to go into too much detail here.  The interesting thing was that “Uncle” Ivan never made it to ringside as fans continue to speculate what went on between Wahoo and Ivan in the back after their match.  As for this match, just picture a war!  Power move after power move, surprise kickout after surprise kickout.  Both took it as well as they dished here.  Somehow, Dr. Death survived a major Russian Sickle and Nikita kicked out of the Oklahoma Stampede!

In the end, Dr. Death ducked under another sickle and came off the ropes with his own big lariat!  Dr. Death quickly lifted up the Russian Nightmare and connected with another Oklahoma Stampede.  This time, the ref, maybe with a slightly quick 3 count, called for the bell and gave the victory to Dr. Death.

Both men, exhausted, sat in opposite corners of the ring and just staired at each other.  Was it a moment of respect between the two?  Not sure but the fans again were overheard talking about the amazing bout they just say and how it took not only his finisher in the Oklahoma Stampede but also Koloff’s Sickle for Dr. Death to retain.

SFSAsm4.png?2

v1vT0wK.png

OCTOBER 31, 1987

SAM HOUSTON COLISEUM

HOUSTON, TX

(Can be seen on live TV)

Muta defeated El Santo Negro in a fast-paced, action-packed match that saw a little of everything.  El Santo Negro tried his best to match Muta’s aerial tactics but came up short when he missed a missile dropkick off the top rope which allowed Muta to climb up and nail and Moonsault for the win.

Chris Benoit defeats Rip Rogers with a Top Rope Diving headbutt.  Rogers might have had the win if he would have stopped antagonizing the fans and stayed focused on the match. 

UWF TV TITLE MATCH

Mike Rotundo © with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan was exciting from the beginning.  Hacksaw, coming to the ring first, pumped up the fans with his 2 x 4 and patriotic headband while Rotundo and Sheik got some serious heat by getting right in the faces of the fans.

As for the match, Rotundo tried to slow down the powerhouse with a combo of technical moves and questionable tactics.  Hacksaw just wanted to brawl!  In the end, Sheik tried to help his wrestler out by clobbering Duggan while Rotundo had a hold of him.  Fortunately for Hacksaw, he slipped away just in time and Rotundo took the blow.

WHAM… football tackle on Sheik and he goes flying.

WHAM… football tackle on Rotundo and he is down.

1…2…3!  Hacksaw Duggan is the new TV champion! 

TEXAS STREET FIGHT

Big Van Vader with Woman defeats Dick Murdoch after Woman sprayed Murdoch in the eyes with the perfume and Murdoch walked right into a powerbomb by Vader.  One thing for sure is that this isn’t over.  Just look at the blood dripping out from Vader’s mask from the taped right fist of Murdoch and you can tell he was lucky to survive.

NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH

Ted Dibiase © with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs Jake “The Snake” Roberts

This one was full of surprises and chaos right from the beginning.  Jake “The Snake” was not only accompanied by his green duffle bag which everyone thought to be his trusted slithery friend but also his new manager… Precious Paul Ellering.  Ellering grabbed the microphone and so eloquently told the fans that tonight is where we prove that money doesn’t mean anything, and Jake was going shove Dibiase’s Million Dollar man attitude right where the sun don’t shine.  Jake and Ellering are going to be magic together in the ring and in promos!

As for the match, back and forth we go.  Figure 4 by Dibiase… Snake drags his body to the ropes for the break.  DDT by Snake and the Sheik drags Dibiase’s leg over the bottom rope.  Around and around we go with both wrestlers bumping and selling like pros.  As it looks like Dibiase is in trouble, out comes his Secretary of Finance, Mike Rotundo but he is caught from behind by Hacksaw Duggan.  These two continue their brawl from early only this time it is on the ramp to the ring.  Maybe, Dibiase get but everything as his help seems to be stranded in the aisles. 

Sheik grabs Snakes leg and as Jake turns to Sheik, the ref comes over to break it up.  Dibiase uses this time to load up his black glove.  Ellering sees it and is screaming to Jake to watch out…

Dibiase swings but Snake dugs under….

DDT attempt Snake…

WHAM…. Low blow with the loaded glove by Dibiase…. Snake drops to both knees…. The ref turned just in time to see the dirty deed and calls for the bell.

Jake “The Snake” wins by DQ by doesn’t get the belt!

Ellering rushes from behind as Dibiase holds up the belt…

WHAM… Low blow by Ellering on Dibiase…  Dibiase drops to his knees….

Ellering goes to the outside and grabs the green duffle bag and unties it….

Out comes the giant python and Ellering drops it on Dibiase….

Dibiase’s eyes grew as wide as cannon balls and his is scared frozen.  As the snake slithers all over Dibiase, Sheik rushes in and unwraps the snake from Dibiase

WHAM… Lowblow by Ellering on Sheik…. The Snake is slithering all over.  Ellering helps Jake to his feet and Jake grabs his python and lifts it into the air.

Two things for certain.  First, Ellering is a huge addition to Roberts and second, this one isn’t over!

UWF TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

Hercules Hernandez & Scott Steiner vs The Natural Disasters (Avalanche & Typhoon) with The Sheik

It is hard enough to get any of these men off their feet let alone get a three count but the moves are so big and devastating that one move could end it all.  In the end, it takes the unconventional to get a win here.  After Typhoon had rammed himself into the ring post trying to rush in for a giant splash, he tumbled to the arena floor and had some trouble getting back to the ring.  Hercules took advantage and hit a huge clothesline on Avalanche.  Herc dragged him to his feet and tried to lock in his bear hug but couldn’t get his arms around the big man to lock it in.  Hercules decides to go for another huge clothesline and he nails it.  Avalanche is down again.  Hercules goes for the cover but is shocked when he is unsuccessful.  Frustrated, he tags in Steiner and has plans on his own.

He quickly climbs to the top rope…. We have seen it once before by Steiner…. 450 SPLASH!!!

Steiner covers Avalanche and the ref begins the count.

Here comes Typhoon to make the save….

Wham…. Another clothesline by Hercules on Typhoon….

1…2…3!  The ring announcer lets everyone know that Steiner and Hercules have won the vacated UWF titles!

UWF TITLE VS AWA TITLE MATCH

UWF Champion Lex Luger vs AWA Champion Bad News Brown had a very bizarre ending with a lot of pieces to the puzzle still to be figured out.  As you would expect, both men gave it their all in a bout filled with momentum changes.  At one point Luger amazingly hoisted the big man up into the Torture Rack bit Bad News refused to submit and Luger could only hold him for so long.  Bad News even connected with 2 Ghetto Blasters but couldn’t get the win.  Somehow Lex kicked out of the first one.  This is when Woman strutted down to the ring.  Everyone at first thought she was there to help Bad News.  Woman used to be Luger’s manager, but he soon turned his back on her leaving the couple at war. 

Instead, Woman started yelling at Bad News.  While this didn’t seem to upset the AWA champ, he did give her a smirk as he went to cover Luger after the second Ghetto Blaster.  Maybe it was this delay that allowed Luger to kick out.  Anyway, an infuriated Bad News, tossed Luger out onto the floor and followed him out.

WHAM… Bad News goes to whip Luger into the ring post but somehow Luger reversed it.  Both Luger and Bad News are down as the ref is counting. 

1…2….3…4…

Both men start to stir….

6….7…

WHAM… a third Ghetto Blaster by Bad News on the arena floor and Luger is in serious trouble.

8…

Bad News up on the apron.

9…..

Bad News entering the ring, Woman dives at Bad News and gets a hold on his ankle.  The ref can’t see as Woman is dangling below the apron.

10…. The ref calls for the bell and declares the match a Double Count-out. 

Bill Watts can be seen breathing a sigh of relieve as Jerry Jarrett, who was also in attendance can be see storming off.  Noone is sure is he is just disappointed in not winning both titles or if he is angry at Bad News or if something else is bothering him.  Only time will tell.

Not sure which show was better but being on free TV did give Watts an advantage on Ladd.  Ladd was heard muttering something about putting Watts out of business for good.  All the fans in the Louisiana area know is that the feud between Watts and Ladd has given them the best shows they have seen in years.

Great bit of violence in the Russian chain match!

Really enjoyable finish in the Mid South tag title match!

Amazing main event! Really interested to see where Nikita Koloff goes now, and Steve Williams comes out of this looking like a million bucks!

Nice visual with Vader's bloody face!

Great stuff with Ted DiBiase and Jake Roberts, wild post-match!

Nice way to keep the titles separate in the main event! These shows were amazing!

First up, Ladd's shou.

Robley & co are getting very impatient waiting for their tag title shot.

I was kinda curious why Ladd didn't just make Garvin/Taylor vs TNT/Konnan a tag from the jump, glad to see it get there. The Cartel lose the tag but make their opponents suffer for it. Good fit for them.

Ivan & Wahoo give the fans a exciting bloodbath that doesn't produce a clear winner. But I don't think the fans were complaining.

Loved that finish to the Freebirds/Hot Stuff Inc tag title match. Eddie & Missy counting along with their loss was classic.

Estrada beats Mulligan in a cage with help from El Gringo Grande who turns out to be..... Tommy Rich! What a twist!

Glad to see the stipulation on Tully/JYD match come into affect. Tully's hissy fit after the bell was perfect.

What an ending to the Williams/Koloff feud with Dr Death having to steal Nikita's own finisher to put the Russian with the possible aid of a fast counting ref. Interesting to see if they go somewhere with that.

Onto Watts' show.

Muta stays hot with a opening match win.

Benoit with a solid win over the Hustler.

The Shieks interference backfires leading to Duggan becoming the NEW TV champion.

Woman leads her monster Vader to victory over Murdoch.

Ellering & Roberts is a such a amazing combo. Dibiase gets desperate & takes the easy way out. Gonna be fun to watch this continue.

Steiner & Hernandez should make for fun tag champs.

A lot of questions raised in the main event? Are Luger & Woman reuniting? What was going on with Jarrett? Will Bad News return to seek revenge? Can't wait to find out!

The battle of the Halloween Havocs! Here we go! 

I think Ladd better give Robley what he wants.

Ladd makes a great call and gives us an exciting tag bout. Taylor and Garvin get the win but the young and brutal cartel get the last laugh. 

Props to Ivan and Wahoo for going all out. The fans witnessed a bloodbath brawl. I hope we get to find out what went down in the back.

Hayes is the most heelish babyface in the game LOL. He's also one sly dude. The scene of Missy and Gilbert counting with their backs turned was hilarious. 

Mulligan makes Estrada suffer until El Gringo Grande (Long live the T-Shirts) himself shows up and it's none other than Tommy Rich! What an awesome surprise! Rich is a shoe in for most hated wrestler of the year. I can't wait to see what he does here and how he interacts with Ladd. Oh boy! 

The odds were against Tully from the start. JYD holding gold in Mid South just seems right. 

Damn! Willaims and Nikita more than deliver and brother they had their working boots on. Williams pulls it out and that stare down at the end said it all. 

Ok, let's see if Watts can follow that.

Things are on the right track as Muta opens with an exciting win over Santo.

Rogers is the type of guy that will get his opponent over and defiantly gets the job done with Benoit.

Duggan gets the first earth shattering pop of the night by beating Rotunda for the TV title in an exciting finish. 

Murdoch roughs Vader up but Woman is the deciding factor as Vader moves up another notch. 

Ellering and Jake will be money just on promos alone. Genius booking putting these two together. We get a DQ finish but Ellering and the slithering snake give the fans plenty to cheer about. This feud could be legendary. 

Who wouldn't want to see 2 muscled up powerhouses taking on 2 huge monsters for the tag titles? Herc and Scott take down the disasters and are holding gold. 

The main event is full of drama and leaves everyone wondering. Luger and Brown throw everything they got at each other and battle to a double co. What's going on with Woman? How will Watts react? Are Jarrett and Brown going to walk quietly back to the AWA? So much intrigue. 

It's a hard one to call. Both Ladd and Watts delivered stellar shows. I guess in the end, the fans are the true winners. 

Great job Kev!