Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 8/17 - 8/23 House of the Dragon

Flyin' Brian

Whose House is it? Dragon’s House tonight apparently. 

Danielson vs Garcia 2/3 falls. Ricky The Dragon Steamboat as special guest timekeeper. AEW Trios Titles Andrade, Rush, and Dragon Lee vs The Young Bucks and a mystery partner. Maybe we’ll also get a reDRagon appearance. 

Any other dragon themed wrestlers they can find and bring in? What’s Super Dragon doing these days? Ultimo Dragon? Dragon Kid? Dragon Dragon? 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think at this point, if the Bucks have anyone other than Omega as their partner, you are going to see some very upset fans. Even if it’s Adam Page, who has done precisely squat since losing the title.

Also…I really don’t get this Daniel Garcia push. I know he barely ever actually wins a match (the recent win over Danielson being the obvious exception) but it’s more that I can’t believe the amount of TV time Garcia gets. He’s on TV practically every week, or at least it feels that way to me. And skills wise, he’s okay I guess but I don’t think he warrants the amount of attention he gets, especially compared to some of the other younger guys in AEW. Maybe I am missing something, I don’t know. But to me, Daniel Garcia does not come across as a future face of the company or a guy you build around.

The Bucks match is the opener so Kenny's return will be the big thing to start the show. I thought it was better to let Dragon and García open so they could wrestle without any time constraint and then finish the show with a bang w/ Omega coming back and getting the W for his team (and maybe even a staredown with Cole).

I guess Tony wants the most amount of eyes for Kenny's return live, but I kinda see more value in finishing with Kenny to get bigger momentum for next week. If García wins again or Dragon gets his revenge, it wont really end the show with a "tune in next week for more" vibe, imo.

1 hour ago, The Thread Killer said:

I think at this point, if the Bucks have anyone other than Omega as their partner, you are going to see some very upset fans. Even if it’s Adam Page, who has done precisely squat since losing the title.

Also…I really don’t get this Daniel Garcia push. I know he barely ever actually wins a match (the recent win over Danielson being the obvious exception) but it’s more that I can’t believe the amount of TV time Garcia gets. He’s on TV practically every week, or at least it feels that way to me. And skills wise, he’s okay I guess but I don’t think he warrants the amount of attention he gets, especially compared to some of the other younger guys in AEW. Maybe I am missing something, I don’t know. But to me, Daniel Garcia does not come across as a future face of the company or a guy you build around.

I have similar take. I think García is good and will most likely develop to a complete, awesome performer. But so far his AEW push far surpasses what I've seen from him (in this company and some indys) and most importantly, what the AEW core fanbase thinks of him. Even if someone loves what García does in the ring (and I know a good number of people do, specially on this board) it's undeniable he doesn't really get the reaction his push warrants. And certainly he doesn't have the connection, after a year of being heavily featured, other people his age range have with the fans, with less exposure and opportunities.

He kinda reminds me of pre-IWGP champ Jay White. In the sense that he's clearly a good wrestler that has a ton of potential but he got overpushed, the crowd didn't really take to him at that level and he had to get "pushed down" eventually. Now, White bounced back basically as soon as he dropped the belt and took a huge leap as a performer and never looked back. Hopefully García can have that kind of jump too.

36 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

I guess Tony wants the most amount of eyes for Kenny's return live, but I kinda see more value in finishing with Kenny to get bigger momentum for next week. If García wins again or Dragon gets his revenge, it wont really end the show with a "tune in next week for more" vibe, imo.

To stay with the Punk comparison, they did the same thing with his debut. Get the Big News out of the way off the bat so it doesn't overshadow the rest of the show. 

10 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

That was a very weird call out for Page. Am I missing something?

I think it might have something to do with that interview Page gave last weekend where he basically admitted that he does not listen when veterans try to give him advice. I don’t know if it was a legit interview or not, if it was I imagine it probably angered Punk, who is a big fan of respecting veterans and the people that came before him. That sounded like what he was alluding to.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/hangman-page-says-he-s-too-stubborn-take-advice-takes-pride-trial-and-error

7 minutes ago, DR Ackermann said:

Mox has been having a very good year but his strikes are getting softer and softer looking. That pull apart was half assed as hell on his part.

I thought the exact same thing. For a guy who is supposed to be one of the biggest brawlers in Pro Wrestling, his punches looked like shit. He’s been working in GCW too much. Those were Janela punches.

Still in all, great segment though. It’s just that Punk is on a level above Moxley, and that segment illustrated it clear as day.

10 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

I think it might have something to do with that interview Page gave last weekend where he basically admitted that he does not listen when veterans try to give him advice. I don’t know if it was a legit interview or not, if it was I imagine it probably angered Punk, who is a big fan of respecting veterans and the people that came before him. That sounded like what he was alluding to.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/hangman-page-says-he-s-too-stubborn-take-advice-takes-pride-trial-and-error

Seemed like a dick move to do it on TV instead of in the back unless they're going to make an angle of it.

4 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

I thought the exact same thing. For a guy who is supposed to be one of the biggest brawlers in Pro Wrestling, his punches looked like shit. He’s been working in GCW too much. Those were Janela punches.

I like Mox but his punches are up there with Togi Makabe's in being the worst.

5 minutes ago, strobogo said:

Seemed like a dick move to do it on TV instead of in the back unless they're going to make an angle of it.

That was my thought. AEW does have a history of using out of the ring stuff like that to build angles off TV, so maybe it was. It just struck me as too much of a coincidence that Punk would say those things about Page right after that interview got publicized.