AEW TV 8/17 - 8/23 House of the Dragon

Flyin' Brian

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

No! No Hager! No Hager!

:lol: I mean, he was the one that cost Danielson the previous match and "tainted" GarcĂ­a's win.

7 minutes ago, DR Ackermann said:

It's not just his punches. The elbows to the neck he got from Danielson is super soft looking too.

To be fair, it seems only Danielson (and Nigel back in the day) are the only ones willing to really lay out those elbows. Tonight GarcĂ­a did everything great but those elbows and stomps looked soft as shit.

Austin Gunn is SO strong that when he throws a punch, he doesn’t even need to connect…just the breeze is enough to knock somebody flat on their ass. Seriously though…WTF is this the night of the shitty looking strikes or something?!

And while I’m bitching, FTR and Wardlow are both super hot right now, I can’t believe TK is putting them in a six man tag match with the geek squad at the pay-per-view. 

4 minutes ago, PeteF3 said:

At first I thought the 6-man was a way to get FTR a PPV payday while also covering for Dax's injury, but then Dax went and challenged Lethal to a singles match for next week.

My guess is they want Wardlow to powerbomb Singh on the PPV, but realize a singles match would be the drizzling shits, so they went with this.

20 minutes ago, PeteF3 said:

At first I thought the 6-man was a way to get FTR a PPV payday while also covering for Dax's injury, but then Dax went and challenged Lethal to a singles match for next week.

If they had to stick Wardlow and FTR in a six man match at the PPV, couldn’t they have picked one of the other million six man combinations or stables in AEW? Why does it have to be against these three guys? I don’t mind Lethal, but Dutt and Singh? Come on.

5 minutes ago, strobogo said:

Have you not noticed that Rush also has the tiny trunks

I hadn’t noticed that. I must have been too distracted by his copious bacne.

I am sure I am probably in the minority with this opinion, but that Main Event did nothing for me. It came across like a choreographed tumbling routine. Not to mention, Kenny hadn’t even made it down the ramp before he was irritating me with his facial expressions and mannerisms. I didn’t miss him. 

There, I said it.

So what are we thinking they do with Punk vs Mox next week? A DQ? A no contest (maybe even a non-start)? a draw or double pin? I don't buy this being a one and done, even if Punk teased the rematch with Hangman, that's just not as big of a match for just 1 week of TV building for the PPV. So they gotta run Punk/Mox II ASAP and use their first match as a set up for All Out, probably gonna justify a big bloody gimmick match too.