Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/22 - 08/28 Liverpool in shambles

KawadaSmile

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, sek69 said:

They announced it was going to be replaced with a NXT Europe brand.

Ok, just seen that. Been a bit out of the loop. Well they released basically everybody, so I really wonder what it actually in plans. 

Also, I wonder what they mean by Europe. If they do it in the UK again, well, Brexit makes everything more complicated for everybody who lives elsewhere in Europe really. Also, what's the incentive ? NXT UK only goal was the kill the emerging UK scene. It never mattered one bit in the grand scheme of things, barely anyone ever watched it and people were poorly paid (the French ref talking about how she never made less money than working for WWE). Now that Trip is in charge, he'll bring anyone he likes in both NXT and the main roster. 

I didn’t hate NXT UK. They definitely flew under the radar, but if you looked for it there was some very good stuff there. Better than what was going on elsewhere, a lot of the time. Pete Dune’s reign was exceptional and produced some great matches. WALTER’s stuff was phenomenal. I would stack his matches against Bate and Dragunov against anything else that was going on anywhere in Pro Wrestling at the time…including the so-called “Main Roster” or even AEW or Japan. Those matches were good shit, pal.

I don’t live in the UK so I did not have any particular investment in the independent scene over there. Obviously it sucks if WWE was using that brand to put UK indies out of business. But on the other side, thanks to that brand I got exposed to a lot of matches and talent I never would have seen otherwise I don’t think. I could only judge the brand by what I saw, and a lot of what I saw was very good. But clearly a lack of long term vision for the brand, corporate ineptitude and the pandemic all combined to kill it dead. We will have to see if NXT Europe ever actually happens. I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t.

5 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

I didn’t hate NXT UK. They definitely flew under the radar, but if you looked for it there was some very good stuff there. Better than what was going on elsewhere, a lot of the time. Pete Dune’s reign was exceptional and produced some great matches. WALTER’s stuff was phenomenal. I would stack his matches against Bate and Dragunov against anything else that was going on anywhere in Pro Wrestling at the time…including the so-called “Main Roster” or even AEW or Japan. Those matches were good shit, pal.

I'm sure there was some good shit over there. I was only talking business. I don't remember ever a pro-wrestling venture from WWE that went so much under the radar. Super Astro maybe.

20 minutes ago, El-P said:

I'm sure there was some good shit over there. I was only talking business. I don't remember ever a pro-wrestling venture from WWE that went so much under the radar. Super Astro maybe.

It’s a small wonder they did not promote it, it was nothing more than a simple show with good pro wrestling matches. I always assumed that Vince either didn’t know it existed or he forgot about it, otherwise he would’ve put a stop to it right away. :lol:

SD RULED tonight. The long term Sami infiltrating the Bloodline angle going on here is god damn perfect. All the clues being dropped are great. Obvious for a fan, but subtle for pro wrestling. 
Edit: I'm thinking Sami and KO take the belts off the Usos. This is the angle that either WWE is interested in Jericho for, or it's the angle Jericho leaked a lie that WWE is interested in him for.

Just now, Johnny Sorrow said:

So there's no way Drew is winning at the POV, right? I know it really looks like it might happen but I'm thinking Kross fucks Drew out of the win. And that's fine. It's not time to end Reign's reign, even for a short blip. And Drew ain't the guy. He's fine. But he's not the guy to end this title reign.

PWO record for most " reigns " in a post? 

In all honesty (despite the fact that the guy is clearly an Olympic level dumbass in real life) there’s no real reason Stroman shouldn’t be a major star in WWE. He’s competent in the ring, if not particularly compelling. He can talk, although nobody could make WWE scripted verbiage sound interesting. Lord knows, he’s got a great look. I think what killed him was shitty writing.  They could do worse than bringing him back. Aside from saving money, I never really got why they let him go in the first place. As far as WWE guys go, you would think he pretty much checks all the boxes.

7 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

In all honesty (despite the fact that the guy is clearly an Olympic level dumbass in real life) there’s no real reason Stroman shouldn’t be a major star in WWE.

I got one for you : he sucks. That and the bolded part.

I mean, they got Omos, who's bigger. He sucks even more, but he's bigger.