Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/10 - 10/16 Bray Wyatt is if Rob Zombie was a box office hit

KawadaSmile

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That went as well as anyone could have rightly expected. None of the current talent got embarrassed, everyone got their moment, and it was contained to one segment of the show. Well two I suppose if you count the opening, but in another the whole show would have been all DX all the time. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

They might have some kind of arrangement because Karl still has the NEVER title. 

Hope they are not full time. I mean, I can stand The Good Brothers in small doses, when they are just being AJ's pals. I don't think there's much use for them outside of that role, and I don't think they'll be turning AJ heel so he can have the numbers game. 

Bloodline vs The OC part 2? California here we come

DX is old and lame now. Such is the cycle of life. I certainly didn't have it on my 2022 Bingo card that Daddy Ass (not present - Piss Ant Company™, etc.) would be the coolest member of the group. They were smart to mention him so the fans wouldn't hijack the show with "Daddy Ass" and "scissor me" chants (although I'm not convinced that was ever a legitimate possibility). I'm glad Chyna was acknowledged.

The Good Brothers are shit, but that segment was so well laid out that I was actually rooting for them to show up as AJ's backup. Omos might actually be a good 4th for that group. 

That way, MVP can reunite The Hurt Business and go back to managing Lashley. 

22 minutes ago, C.S. said:

They were smart to mention him so the fans wouldn't hijack the show with "Daddy Ass" and "scissor me" chants (although I'm not convinced that was ever a legitimate possibility). I'm glad Chyna was acknowledged.

To me it was noticeable how different it would have been handled under Vince. He would have (based on history) forbidden any mention of them which would only make the crowd more willing to hijack the show due to the elephant in the room.

I can understand their use of Top Dolla at the moment. He's a strong personality and has a few neat power spots he can do, so he's mainly being used as a hot tag guy so the more talented guy can carry the match. Adonis feels like the guy with more long term potential, guy is pretty good, but I can also see a decent heel run for Top Dolla once he's more seasoned, purely on promos.

I mean, if that's the case then good. Nothing worse for a wrestling show than seeing the crowd look like they want to be Raptured out of the building due to sheer boredom.  The Pandemic Era was the closest I ever came to giving up on wrestling because I just couldn't with little to no crowd noise. 

Also I think this might be some sort of course correction after 20 years of never having these sort of things happen at the level they are now. Plus "holy shit it's those guys from the other promotion/area" is one of those things that just always works in wrestling, even if the person wasn't a top guy. Having a monopoly for so long (or for us older farts, remembering the WWF vs NWA battles) make seeing someone jump sides hit the This Is A Big Fucking Deal button in our brains.