Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/28 - 12/04 They really handing out penalty kicks to Portugal

KawadaSmile

2 hours ago, Robert S said:

Pelé played in the US. George Best played in the US. Matthäus played in the US. Beckham played in the US. I am sure if you spent just a minute googling you would find a bunch of former football greats who played a season or two in the US in the twilight of their careers.

Yeah, but a player of Messi's caliber not *that* far away from his peak is kind of unheard of in MLS.  This is like Hogan going to WCW only with more meat on the bone. 

Also MLS is kind of coming into its own,  even the head of Liga MX was like "yeah they might be better than us now" during all-star week when the leagues play each other. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Yeah, but a player of Messi's caliber not *that* far away from his peak is kind of unheard of in MLS.  This is like Hogan going to WCW only with more meat on the bone. 

Pelé came to the NASL when he was 34, actually younger than Messi right now. Same with Beckenbauer. Both had JUST WON THE WORLD CUP when they were signed by the Cosmos. 

MLS is a glorified retirement home for veteran players and hardly will dispel that, as the younger US players will probably get poached by the big European clubs and their youth teams. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

I suppose Dijak bein neo Berlyn is an upgrade from T-BARR at least

You know what's crazy? Alex Wright is just one year older than Bobby Lashley.

39 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Aoife Valkyrie coming to NXT as Lyra Valkyrie

From an Irish mythology first name with a Norse mythology surname, to a Greek mythology first name with a Norse mythology surname?

It's as wrong as "disorientate", a Latin suffix on a Greek word...(sorry, pet peeve).

10 hours ago, Embrodak said:

Loved that Iran-Great Satan game, so much fun watching Iran play nothing but defense the first half then try and fail to surge in the second. It’s a true shame that America invests so little in soccer, it’s better to watch than almost any sport.

I remember in 2014 the US being on the verge of beating Portugal and allowing a last minute stoppage goal. Late in the Iran game when the US went for the goal instead of just running the ball into the corner...flashbacks.

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

Listen, Germany got eliminated at the group stage twice in a row, I don't wanna hear shit about 7-1 again.

Coming at us is essentially Shane Douglas coming at Ric Flair and being schooled. No one can hang, bubbaroos. There's only one Five Time World Cup winner.

Thats the joy in being a USMNT fan, if we make it out of the group stage everything else is gravy.

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Listen, Germany got eliminated at the group stage twice in a row, I don't wanna hear shit about 7-1 again.

Coming at us is essentially Shane Douglas coming at Ric Flair and being schooled. No one can hang, bubbaroos. There's only one Five Time World Cup winner.

Y'all better stop chocking though. 2010 was bad, 2014 let's not talk about it and 2018 was face palm status.

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Thats the joy in being a USMNT fan, if we make it out of the group stage everything else is gravy.

Still called football, tho. (Belgium vs USA at the 2014 WC was Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus 2/3 Falls levels of fun tbh)

With people like Aaronson, Reyna and McKennie maturing into better players, I think 2026 is going to look less stressful.

40 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

Y'all better stop chocking though. 2010 was bad, 2014 let's not talk about it and 2018 was face palm status.

2010 was the worst IMO, even if on paper it was the worst of the squads. The playing field was even when one looks at the final four squads, and Brazil suffered from an unexperienced coach and hot-headed decisions, plus a completely on-side goal which was wrongfully disallowed (it would've been a 2-0 situation then and there!)

Even if we don't win now, our roster is so fucking stacked. Neymar'll probably be a sub, we'll have prime Vini, Rodrygo, Endrick entering his prime... Shit's gonna be good.

20 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Still called football, tho. (Belgium vs USA at the 2014 WC was Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus 2/3 Falls levels of fun tbh)

With people like Aaronson, Reyna and McKennie maturing into better players, I think 2026 is going to look less stressful.

2010 was the worst IMO, even if on paper it was the worst of the squads. The playing field was even when one looks at the final four squads, and Brazil suffered from an unexperienced coach and hot-headed decisions, plus a completely on-side goal which was wrongfully disallowed (it would've been a 2-0 situation then and there!)

Even if we don't win now, our roster is so fucking stacked. Neymar'll probably be a sub, we'll have prime Vini, Rodrygo, Endrick entering his prime... Shit's gonna be good.

Thing about 2010 is that the Netherlands game was probably the best a Brazilian squad ever played under Dunga and somehow they lost. Kinda similar to 2018, I felt they were finally showing something fun to watch against Belgium and then got fucked on counters :lol:. My thing with Tite is that once his initial plan doesn't work, it never looks like y'all can't overcome adversity. 2018 WC and the last Copa America are prime examples of that.

1 hour ago, Jmare007 said:

Thing about 2010 is that the Netherlands game was probably the best a Brazilian squad ever played under Dunga and somehow they lost. Kinda similar to 2018, I felt they were finally showing something fun to watch against Belgium and then got fucked on counters :lol:. My thing with Tite is that once his initial plan doesn't work, it never looks like y'all can't overcome adversity. 2018 WC and the last Copa America are prime examples of that.

Yup. If things ran smoothly that game, I doubt Uruguay or even Spain would pose that much of a threat. Elano going down hurt us bad!

Tite has this habit of having woeful starting XIs - against Switzerland it was not the ideal lineup, even - and then trying to fix things down the road. When he finally had a solution for Belgium's midfield kicking our ass, it was too late, and Courtois was just a wall.

It seems that now he has more players who can improvise, drift away from his "square" style. Masters of Deceit, shall we say. Really, the only side I fear is France, and that's because they are very similar to us. That midfield is fucking killer.

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

Yup. If things ran smoothly that game, I doubt Uruguay or even Spain would pose that much of a threat. Elano going down hurt us bad!

Tite has this habit of having woeful starting XIs - against Switzerland it was not the ideal lineup, even - and then trying to fix things down the road. When he finally had a solution for Belgium's midfield kicking our ass, it was too late, and Courtois was just a wall.

It seems that now he has more players who can improvise, drift away from his "square" style. Masters of Deceit, shall we say. Really, the only side I fear is France, and that's because they are very similar to us. That midfield is fucking killer.

It's a shame so many of everyone's second favourite team are Bolsonaro boosters. At least there's always good bubba Richarlison to get behind.

4 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

It's a shame so many of everyone's second favourite team are Bolsonaro boosters. At least there's always good bubba Richarlison to get behind.

I mean, the issue is that there was a team-wide non disclosure pact. Our star player just said "fuck it" and began openly endorsing that old bitch. No wonder people give him so much shit. He chose to be like that.

1 hour ago, Blehschmidt said:

How dare you try and post WWE news in the weekly WWE TV thread here at Pro Wrestling Only, can't you see we are talking about socball or something!! 

My brother in Christ we are talking about SaNitY here. People just wanna talk about anything else!

This reeks of a Triple H ego hire. Kross flopped, Shotzi has been given nothing, Raquel is running on water, Mia Yim is getting over but it's still early for her. Most of his pet projects got SHIT so he's scraping the bottom of the barrel.