Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/28 - 12/04 They really handing out penalty kicks to Portugal

KawadaSmile

3 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

On that note, Rossy Ogawa deserves serious consideration for what he's done with Stardom.

I mean, they are legit the N°2 promotion in Japan, right ? That's unheard of. I wonder if they may be considered bigger than AAA at this point or not, which would make them the 4th company in the world, really. But at worst, they are probably top 5. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually really liked Eric Young as the leader/mouthpiece for Sanity in NXT. Problem was they got called up to the Main Roster and were promptly Vinced. Sanity was a perfectly acceptable midcard stable. Hell, at one point I had been hoping they’d end up as Bray Wyatt’s new Family…but obviously that never happened.

IIRC, Sanity were a Triple H project. So who knows? Maybe he brings back Wolfe and Dain too, and gives them another shot? Why not? They’re a million times better than Hit Row at least. I thought at one point, Trips was very high on Dain but maybe he needs EY as a mouthpiece?

15 hours ago, El-P said:

Eric Young ... Like Tony Neese or QT Marshall

Now, now, let's not get carried away.

In no way does EY compare to the human sleeping pill Tony Nese.

I like Marshall, but he's mainly a guy who puts others over, helps with training and office stuff, etc.

EY has had a far more accomplished career.

On 12/3/2022 at 6:25 AM, Dav'oh said:

KO was in a main-event position years ago; now he's the sixth? seventh? eighth? wheel in a comedy act (and the Bloodline is a comedy act now). Sami/El G was always a comedy wrestler at heart, so they really leant into it with the Jackfucks match, and continue to do so. It's "can Sami make the Bloodline corpse", not "whose arse are they gonna kick". That War Games match was just an angle building to a comedy hug (like Kane and DB hugging it out).

And people want Sami and KO to team and beat the Usos...which is not a main-event slot and is just a reversion to type.

They would never have jobbed anyone they had serious, main-event plans for as a wrestler to a buffon of a relic of a gimp from 20 years ago and a giant mousetrap. 

"Don't get too good at doing comedy jobs, that's all they'll have you do", to paraphrase.

It would be a comedy act if Sami didn’t have gobs of charm and pathos. He’s taken the whole thing to a place where the “corpsing” is actually canonical and logical - the Bloodline are into him because he’s funny and likable! People were legit hyped for the “Honorary Uce” shirt and the hug, they felt kinda real despite the ridiculousness because Reigns and Zayn are top-tier performers.

Sami is just so damn likeable that he can pull off any ridiculous angle and make you root for him. You don't even blame anyone for cracking up mid segment because of course you do when Sami is around. 

Not to mention that besides the funny stuff he's been doing those amazing segments with Roman, which has been some of the best stuff WWE has done in YEARS. 

I didn't say it wasn't entertaining, nor that the angle sucked. In January, I wrote, "make this man (Sami) President of Everything". I stand by that. He's magic. But he's not challenging Roman at Mania, because he can't be taken seriously. Hasn't been taken seriously in ages.

People wonder where the Bloodline angle is going, and I'm just pointing out where it's NOT going.

Yeah, he's not going to challenge Roman. But he is being taken seriously. Wherever they go with this and Owens is main event level stuff. Sami and Owens are HHH guys, and before Vince left he was also definitely behind Sami, especially after the Mania Knoxville match. Same with Owens making Austin look like a million bucks. Granted, in Vince's mind that's why he saddled Owens with the Ezekiel feud. " God dammit pal, you can get anything over!" Which Owens did, but it's telling that as soon as Vince's ass was gone Owens breaks Ezekiel's back and immediately was rebooted as a top badass.
Oh, and not for nothing, when Sami was doing the Knoxville feud the new Jackass movie was a huge financial and critical hit. You may not like Knoxville, but it wasn't some example of digging up some old celebrities. 

These two should be like the Rougeaus in Montreal right now. Biggest Quebec stars in the history of WWE for sure.

Hey, speaking of people who used to be smart but are now completely irrelevant old fucks, here's Dutch Mantell saying Kevin Owens looks like car driver and doesn't have the body fitting the promotion, and that he blows up and is not in good in-ring shape. The same Mantell who jumped on AEW during the fake Athena drama where he called her untrained and such. Damn, I used to think so highly of this guy's mind. "La vieillesse est un naufrage" (aging is a sinking ship), as De Gaulle would say.