Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/28 - 12/04 They really handing out penalty kicks to Portugal

KawadaSmile

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

So #FireRondaRousey is trending and I have absolutely no idea why even after going through the feed for several minutes.

She seemed to be the reason Holocaust Denier Kendrick was brought in, probably.

Also speaking of Ronda, wtf happened to her?  She's finally doing the heel character she should have been all along, but her in-ring has devolved to PC trainee levels. 

Its almost like Ronda Rousey, who's still understandably green when you consider the actual amount of matches she's had and how long of a break she took, looks great when she's given world class opponents who are very over with the audience (Charlotte, Becky, Sasha) or are big enough personalities/gimmicks to provide a nice contrast (Alexa Bliss, Nia Jax, Stephanie McMahon).

Liv Morgan is neither.

Shotzi is neither.

Nattie is neither. 

Rousey isn't and has never been a super worker that was going to carry lesser talents to great matches.

I think the bigger issue is whether or not Rousey thinks she's a super worker or if she's self-aware enough to recognize that she shines when she's in the ring with a more experienced wrestler and should do like Lesnar and hand-pick opponents that will allow her to shine.

Lesnar against Danielson? Great. Against AJ? Awesome. Against Samoa Joe? Kickass match. Lesnar clearly likes working Reigns. 

But against Strowman? He didn't seem too eager to do a rematch. I'd reckon that he wouldn't be interested in facing Omos or Ridge Holland or any other guy whose still at that "not there yet" level. 

And, to be clear, Lesnar, when motivated and healthy, is actually talented enough and experienced enough to carry someone while Rousey, in comparison, is still a long ways from being able to do that.

Its almost like Ronda Rousey, who's still understandably green when you consider the actual amount of matches she's had and how long of a break she took, looks great when she's given world class opponents who are very over with the audience (Charlotte, Becky, Sasha) or are big enough personalities/gimmicks to provide a nice contrast (Alexa Bliss, Nia Jax, Stephanie McMahon).

Liv Morgan is neither.

Shotzi is neither.

Nattie is neither. 

Rousey isn't and has never been a super worker that was going to carry lesser talents to great matches.

I think the bigger issue is whether or not Rousey thinks she's a super worker or if she's self-aware enough to recognize that she shines when she's in the ring with a more experienced wrestler and should do like Lesnar and hand-pick opponents that will allow her to shine.

Lesnar against Danielson? Great. Against AJ? Awesome. Against Samoa Joe? Kickass match. Lesnar clearly likes working Reigns. 

But against Strowman? He didn't seem too eager to do a rematch. I'd reckon that he wouldn't be interested in facing Omos or Ridge Holland or any other guy whose still at that "not there yet" level. 

And, to be clear, Lesnar, when motivated and healthy, is actually talented enough and experienced enough to carry someone while Rousey, in comparison, is still a long ways from being able to do that.

Rousey had kickass matches with Alexa Bliss and Nia Jax, bubbas. Her first run was as good as you could possible ask for from what essentially was a rookie.

It feels like she just doesn't give a single flying fuck anymore. She got the money, has a family now, and cannot be arsed to take stupid bumps - which obviously creates a conumdrum when Shotzi relies on big stupid bumps to get her matches over. She just ain't there, and certainly the superstar shine she previously had is long gone. 

I actually enjoy her heel duo with Shayna, and it does have tremendous presence, but she just ain't giving the audience shit.

I mean Ronda has lost a ton of luster off her star power over the last five or six years. She was attached to a bunch of big movies including a Roadhouse remake and big time comedy with Tina Fey. All of them were dropped.

she hosted SNL in 2016 and the thought of here hosting again seems improbable given how far she's fallen.

The fact it wasn't because she requested Kendrick makes it even stupider.

I guess after that shit show that was the match from all accounts, the guys is not gonna be rehired anyway. Also, it kinda puzzles me when I hear that matches have TWO agents working on them. I mean, really now ? Talk about ridiculous micro-management. When results are as bad it this one to boot, it says a lot about how off we can be in term of judging workers. Some of them surely benefit greatly from having super smart people laying out everything for them in advance. Others, I guess not so much.

4 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

So the mystery of why #FireRondaRousey is trending has been solved. Someone circulated a fake tweet of Ronda taking shots at Sasha for walking out and we all know what happens when someone disturbs the Sasha stan beehive.

Doesn't take much to unhinge them. You only have to breathe wrong and they lose it.

22 hours ago, sek69 said:

Messi might be going to MLS I hear, what crazy world have I ended up on?

Pelé played in the US. George Best played in the US. Matthäus played in the US. Beckham played in the US. I am sure if you spent just a minute googling you would find a bunch of former football greats who played a season or two in the US in the twilight of their careers.