Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/28 - 12/04 They really handing out penalty kicks to Portugal

KawadaSmile

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

My brother in Christ we are talking about SaNitY here. People just wanna talk about anything else!

This reeks of a Triple H ego hire. Kross flopped, Shotzi has been given nothing, Raquel is running on water, Mia Yim is getting over but it's still early for her. Most of his pet projects got SHIT so he's scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't give two shits about Eric Young getting hired back. I've thought that guy sucked since he showed up in Team Canada like twenty years ago. I mostly just wanted to give you all shit for talking about World Cup in the WWE thread :-P

Yeah, nah...Sami ain't going from losing to *checks notes* bwahahahahaha 51 year-old self-abusing non-wrestler Johnny Knoxville and *checks notes* a giant mousetrap, at one WrestleMania, to challenging the Tribal Chief at the next.

Same with Owens, after his loss to 612 year-old alcoholic retiree Steve Austin.

KO was in a main-event position years ago; now he's the sixth? seventh? eighth? wheel in a comedy act (and the Bloodline is a comedy act now). Sami/El G was always a comedy wrestler at heart, so they really leant into it with the Jackfucks match, and continue to do so. It's "can Sami make the Bloodline corpse", not "whose arse are they gonna kick". That War Games match was just an angle building to a comedy hug (like Kane and DB hugging it out).

And people want Sami and KO to team and beat the Usos...which is not a main-event slot and is just a reversion to type.

They would never have jobbed anyone they had serious, main-event plans for as a wrestler to a buffon of a relic of a gimp from 20 years ago and a giant mousetrap. 

"Don't get too good at doing comedy jobs, that's all they'll have you do", to paraphrase.

10 hours ago, C.S. said:

Not sure why all the hate for EY.

Sanity wasn't my cup of tea, but Eric Young is a versatile performer who can make anything work and work from any position on the card.

We need more of those, not less.

This. Eric Young just had a few excellent years in IMPACT, with a bunch of legit great matches under his belt. He's absolutely the kind of guy you want in any kind of roster. Like Tony Neese or QT Marshall in AEW btw. Same deal, although Young is even better in that he actually has big matches (in small ponds, but nonetheless) experiences.

26 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Don't forget that this is HHH we are talking about. EY might be a good wrestler but in most places he was booked properly regarding card placement - with Hunter I'm not sure that would be the case.

My best guess is that he's gonna work with the NXT people and then moved to an agenting job, as he's pretty banged up. 

Damn, you're really not a fan a Trip's booking ! :) Speaking of which, who wins Booker of the Year award ? I'm pretty sure Coach TK is not gonna get it ( I mean, really now), and although most of the WWE drones would give it to Papa Trip (I fucking hate this nickname btw, it's so dumb), the reality is that WWE started its upswing during Vince's last few months. From there they got the momentum. Sure, Trip is gonna get the praise for the Bray Wyatt comeback, which has been incredibly successful thus far (then again, working against LA Knight ? A guy whom, like Kross, was never even a main event guy in IMPACT, ponder that for a moment), but I'm not sure how much of his is the Bloodline storyline (and how much is Heyman's, how much was Vince's). He probably wins it anyway, because of the success of the company. Gedo sure ain't winning. I would give it to Scott D'Amore, without hesitation. (hey, maybe Billy Corgan, for his brillant take on pro-wresting in 2022)

I'd say HHH has Booker of the Year in the bag unless WWE completely falls apart and/or AEW catches fire with an earth-shattering angle before the end of the year. Even if the turnaround began under Vince, he kept it going while doing away with or least dialing back on the worst aspects of modern WWE. D'Amore has no shot because a booker's job at the end of the day is to increase business and he hasn't done that no matter how entertaining Impact's shows may be. On that note, Rossy Ogawa deserves serious consideration for what he's done with Stardom.