Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 12/7 & 12/9 - Stuff and Things

Timbo Slice

8 hours ago, strobogo said:

Fucking Darby, man. Do any of his co-workers say "nah man I don't want to do that to you". 

I’m astonished and more than a little bit sad at watching him do the stuff he just does on his own with the bumps he takes. I feel like if he kept it all in the ring he’d be a good performer. I really hate to say this but after his match with Joe I am certain that one of these bumps, or the accumulation of what he’s taken already, will catch up to him.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s his life, Darby can do what he wants. I appreciate him basically killing himself for our entertainment. But you would think he would take a serious look at the way Matt Hardy hobbles around the locker room and can barely move, and understand that is definitely in his future… if not worse. But I don’t understand the mentality of those daredevil types.

Ever since Misawa died, it makes me a lot more uncomfortable watching guys do physically risky stuff in the ring. Especially because it is easily possible to have a great match without doing that kind of stuff. But as @Timbo Slice pointed out, Darby has been doing that stuff all his life. If he wasn’t doing it in AEW he would be driving his bike off a roof or something.

4 hours ago, Timbo Slice said:

That’s been Darby’s gimmick his entire career, and was his gimmick before he got into wrestling, the concern trolling here is really something else. 

Yeah by all accounts he's the type of guy who would be doing this for shits and giggles if it wasn't his job, so I guess at least it's good he's getting paid well to do it. I just hope he's setting some aside for when he's going to need a mobility scooter to get around.

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Yeah by all accounts he's the type of guy who would be doing this for shits and giggles if it wasn't his job, so I guess at least it's good he's getting paid well to do it. I just hope he's setting some aside for when he's going to need a mobility scooter to get around.

He’s going to make jumping ramps for the scooter.

On 12/10/2022 at 11:38 AM, Timbo Slice said:

That’s been Darby’s gimmick his entire career, and was his gimmick before he got into wrestling, the concern trolling here is really something else. 

I’m not concern trolling. I really like Darby, his match with MJF is one of my AEW favorites. He’s like the promotion’s Rey Mysterio, a tiny guy who can still hang with the big guys. But putting yourself in the kind of danger he regularly puts himself in, especially without getting consistently paid for it like an Evel Knievel, is just stupid, and if his fucking around eventually does culminate in him finding out but not dying, he’s going to regret it and resent everybody that enabled him. I’m a nurse, I’m one of the people that has to take care of his ass if he shatters one of his legs or breaks his neck or gets a brain bleed.

Moreover, if Darby or Sami paralyze themselves doing something stupid they got the okay to do, or even went into business for themselves but have a history of doing high risk stuff with the company’s tacit or overt approval, Tony is certainly going to regret the impact it will have on his business.