Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/19 - 12/25 Messi. Ronaldo Nazario. Mbappe. Pele.

KawadaSmile

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be a better idea to make sure they have the basics down before sending them out there to reenact Jackie Chan fight scenes. The dojo model of having trainees drill endlessly in the fundamentals and not letting them do anything fancy until they've had a bit of seasoning has a good track record of producing top-tier workers. At the very least, it's more likely to produce workers who don't turn into deer in the headlights when a spot doesn't go according to plan. Am I saying that Level Up should consist entirely of matches were rookies in black trunks and boots do nothing but basic chain wrestling and maybe a dropkick before one of them submits to a Boston crab? Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

If they're that green, they shouldn't be on TV where people can see it. You can tell they're athletic & in great shape & the blonde woman especially looks like she has a ton of potential, but the rest of it was nonsense. We should never be in the position of where as fans we're watching workers learn to work & then complimenting them on not breaking a limb. 

In a world where we're supposed to pretend that Alexa Bliss & Liv Morgan are good, this is what the future of wrestling is going to look like anyway.

Sol Ruca and Tiffany Stratton (more so the latter) seem to have a pretty damn good comprehension of what works in pro wrestling, and given their level of experience, are looking promising.

I still cannot get over how much Stratton progressed weekly on live TV. She was doing new shit every time she was on and was always putting on some quality matches.

Btw, is Level Up even live? I feel like it is similar to Dark or Elevation.

Training in a world without territories and with the internet and smartphones is honestly very difficult, I don’t envy modern wrestling companies who have to figure it out. Guys forty years ago could just suck in Memphis for a few years and then migrate to Texas as someone who had their shit together.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

People need to learn how to work on TV, even if it's TV nobody watches.

Yeah, that's kind of my point. Level Up is probably the best place for them to work since it's technically TV but if they mess up not too many people see it. 

4 hours ago, Alucard said:

Dante Leon in NOAH has been using that move that Sol Ruca used. He tweeted something along the lines of "Now I know how KENTA felt" 

I've made this point before, but KENTA deserves to be recognized as one of the most influential wrestlers of the past 20 years. Virtually every modern junior heavyweight cribs from him to a degree. Hell, Punk and Bryan were practically KENTA cosplayers in WWE.

15 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

I've made this point before, but KENTA deserves to be recognized as one of the most influential wrestlers of the past 20 years. Virtually every modern junior heavyweight cribs from him to a degree. Hell, Punk and Bryan were practically KENTA cosplayers in WWE.

Marufuji, too. Everybody was stealing the Shiranui.