Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 12/21-23

Embrodak

Something weird happened to the audio when Swerve got on the mic. It sounded all echoey for some reason. Also the crowd were shouting something the whole time so I dont know if they were able to hear.

Also isn't the cinder block smashing an old carny trick or something? I feel like I have seen something like that before but using a sledgehammer or something instead of coming down off the top rope.

Joe has been cutting excellent promos as TNT and ROH TV Champ. I know the plan was clearly to crown Wardlow again by beating Joe in a singles match, and I was not a big fan of Joe winning the title, but he has completely won me over with his promos and that incredible Darby Allin match, to the point that I now think it would be a mistake to take the title off him. He has been a better TNT champ than Wardlow in 1/3rd the time, although a lot of it is due to how Wardlow was booked after winning the title. Let Joe carry the title until Starks defeats him for it, I say. 

5 hours ago, MoS said:

Watching a Dynamite replay, the Indian feed is supervised by a very trigger-happy person: they have bleeped words like "suck" and "jobber"(?!)

Listen, we can’t have impressionable children hearing Pro Wrestling carny terms like “jobber.”  My best friend is from Kerala, and if I ever get a chance to go there, do you think I want to be greeted by a bunch of kids calling me a jabroni or threatening to gig me? 

Giving Black buddies (and having one be named Buddy) was a terrible idea. A creepy guy with a cool entrance who does incomprehensible videos every few weeks is fine, but making it a group instantly turns it stupid. The only person who could sell “fake cult member” and not look like an idiot was Jon Huber. (I’m not counting Straight Edge Society, which was a different kind of cult and more grounded.)

My issue with spooky is shit is that it's just corny now. Guys doing their spooky skullz and antlers and blooooood stuff has been a punch line in the culture for like 20+ years now. It isn't Kevin Sullivan in the 80s with Satanic Panic going around. House of Black would be spookier in the current zeitgeist as demon Democrats trying to get various members of the roster to commit voter fraud (and molest/sacrifice children, obv, but keep it in the background). Although I'd rather have HOB spooky fucks than whatever the C grade horror movie garbage Bray Wyatt has been doing the past 5 years.

2 hours ago, strobogo said:

House of Black would be spookier in the current zeitgeist as demon Democrats trying to get various members of the roster to commit voter fraud (and molest/sacrifice children, obv, but keep it in the background).

What in the ever loving fuck are you talking about - and smoking? :wacko:

He's talking about how the charicature of an evil lib is way more terrifying to an average joe in the current landscape than the stereotypical satanist like Kevin Sullivan.

Think about Joe Gacy. He is talking about peace, love, safe spaces and whatnot, but is a total creep. His stable is more effective now than HOB or the Wyatt Family, in terms of being creepy, and they all dress tidy.

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

He's talking about how the charicature of an evil lib is way more terrifying to an average joe in the current landscape than the stereotypical satanist like Kevin Sullivan.

Think about Joe Gacy. He is talking about peace, love, safe spaces and whatnot, but is a total creep. His stable is more effective now than HOB or the Wyatt Family, in terms of being creepy, and they all dress tidy.

That sounds good in theory, but nothing about Gacy's act is remotely scary or creepy. Better than Bray Wyatt and House of Black? Sure. But that's an incredibly low bar to climb. Ava Raine is obviously going to be the breakout star of the group. Wouldn't surprise me in five years if Gacy is where Akira Tozawa is now.

The general public doesn't buy into wackadoodle conspiracy theories about voter fraud and groomers and the like, though. If the midterms demonstrated anything, it's that normies are far more terrified of the terminally online right. If the House of Black wants to tap into the zeitgeist, they should become a stable of QAnon shamans.