Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 12/21-23

Embrodak

Keith Lee is one of my absolute favorite modern talents, but that was absolutely fucking terrible.

I'm sure Rick Ross means something to someone, but he added nothing to that segment.

The whole thing took forever, Nazi Lesnar and whoever the fuck Face Tats is got absolutely no reaction, and the fake cinder block was obviously fake 

Uggh

Haven't watched Dynamite in probably month and a half or two months, fun show. Not at all excited about Starks being sucked into the Jericho vortex, but the air fryer line was pretty lol. Trios, FTR/Gunns, Shida/Hayter were all very enjoyable professional sports entertainmenting. The Bryan promo and Stokely calling him a raggedy bitch was also lmao. Why hasn't Mox been given the time off he was supposed to take back in, what, May? 

5 hours ago, EnviousStupid said:

Nothing for nothing, but right now Jamie Hayter vs Hikaru Shida has a >9.00 rating on Cagematch and I don't think that has ever happened for an AEW women's match before.

I mean, I'm sure it's a very good match, but it's the It Girl of the moment vs. a joshi wrestler. If it wasn't getting highly rated on Cagematch, than that'd just be proof it was an absolute disaster. 

Hayter/Shida was a pretty good piece of business that I thought went a few minutes too long and had a few too many nearfalls for the style of match they were working. That's what most modern fans want to see, though. However, the Britt/Rebel horseshit at the end was appalling. It's well past time to split Hayter off from those goofs. Also, the "OCHO!" chant when the ten-count reaches eight can fuck off forever.

Ricky Starks is the man. Every time he has been put in a big spot and asked to step up and deliver, he has knocked it out of the park. Like all good brothers here, I am also dreading this upcoming feud with Chris Jericho. I pray that this does not last beyond Revolution, at least. 

Ricky Starks doing verbal barbs with Jericho is fine, but see my OP for my reaction to the concept of him having an extended feud with Jericho.

Don’t care about the trios match whatsoever.

Swerve/Lee was absolutely bizarre.

FTR/Gunns was good. If you’re not gonna use FTR, then they need to have them wrestle every young team and teach them how tag team wrestling really works.

Danielson segment was good. Missed him.

Hayter/Shida was good, but a bit too long and AEW-y.